PDA

View Full Version : Weather Tornado wipes out house

TribalElder
11-21-2013, 10:56 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o1WMEwd8Al0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
wow, glad nobody was hurt

Can't imaging losing everything that quickly

Bugeater
11-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Jesus someone smack that bitch...my god.

Frazod
11-21-2013, 11:03 PM
That was fucking intense. And disturbing.

Simply Red
11-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Double Rainbow ALL THE WAY!!!!

C3HIEF3S
11-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Very fortunate that they were okay. The house can be rebuilt and replaced, lives can't.

DaFace
11-21-2013, 11:23 PM
That was fucking intense. And disturbing.

Agreed.

While I agree, I think she gets a pass given the circumstances.

BigBeauford
11-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Heh, the guy tried to restrain the cursing like Ned Flanders until he couldn't contain himself at the end.

tk13
11-21-2013, 11:27 PM

Considering their neighborhood was obliterated this really wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.

Still, I always wonder how many people almost die trying to be a YouTube hero during these tornado outbreaks. If someone ends up shooting video like this and getting killed you might not ever know.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2013, 11:29 PM
That happened to a family friend of mine minus the camera footage

Baby Lee
11-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Irony: [n] The ceiling fan survived.

Frazod
11-21-2013, 11:33 PM
While I agree, I think she gets a pass given the circumstances.

Seriously. My wife would be much worse.

C3HIEF3S
11-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Considering their neighborhood was obliterated this really wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.

Still, I always wonder how many people almost die trying to be a YouTube hero during these tornado outbreaks. If someone ends up shooting video like this and getting killed you might not ever know.

If I ever see a tornado coming straight towards my house the last thing i'm going to be worried about is getting it on camera for Youtube, lol

Where I live we were under a tornado warning, had pretty bad storms, but I'm scared shitless any time the sirens are going off.

Simply Red
11-21-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm not sure just HOW to react, until Chris posts.

Bugeater
11-21-2013, 11:35 PM
I dunno, I would like to think at that point I'd just be glad to be alive and not hysterical about the damage. Shit can be fixed.

DaFace
11-21-2013, 11:37 PM
I dunno, I would like to think at that point I'd just be glad to be alive and not hysterical about the damage. Shit can be fixed.

Are you a woman?

Frazod
11-21-2013, 11:38 PM

Looking at it dispassionately, sure. But when it's your shit destroyed, and a minute before it had just been your shit, seriously, you don't know how you'd react until it happens to you.

hometeam
11-21-2013, 11:38 PM
JOSEY

tk13
11-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Apparently, the woman is this guy's daughter, not his wife. I see now someone shared it on Facebook directly from the guy who took the video, he says it was him and his daughter, his wife was out of town.

Cornstock
11-21-2013, 11:40 PM
The flat screen tv was completely untouched. How does that happen?
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy
11-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

In the Joplin tornado my daughters apartment was decimated save 1 little corner of the living room in her tiny apartment. There sat the tv, xbox and entertainment center. Behind it were no walls.

Freaky. Those bastards take what they want.

DaFace
11-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Yep thats how they do .. I have a question: Why don't people build concrete homes in twister Country ?

Despite the fact that you hear about tornadoes all the time, it's not like it's likely a majority of places get hit even over the long run. Even when a major city gets hit, it's usually only a very small fraction of the total population that is really affected. So, aside from taking precautions to make sure you can (hopefully) live through it, it doesn't make a lot of sense to make a lot of other decisions based on the 1 in 10,000 chance you might get hit one day (numbers guesstimated).

On top of that, brick houses can still be completely destroyed for most intents and purposes. Just because a wall is still standing (which isn't a guarantee) doesn't mean that the roof will still be intact, windows and doors won't be gone, and half your shit won't be destroyed by debris blowing around.

Dunit35
11-21-2013, 11:54 PM
After the Moore tornado hit, hundreds of officers from around the state went and helped. I worked a ten hour shift down there a day or two after it happened. Pretty intense driving around in the neighborhoods. We had a Moore city tire truck driving around repairing our tires throughtout the day. Constant flat tires from the nails.

Simply Red
11-21-2013, 11:59 PM
I have seen some of the concrete work done in Florida here and there online . I wouldn't build with brick , no way . Rebar and concrete is what I was talking about . I guess it would be real pricey .

You're easily my new favorite poster.

Bugeater
11-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Are you a woman?
Most of the time, no. But I would like to think my wife wouldn't act like that either.

Rain Man
11-22-2013, 12:12 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

It was probably the only thing still under warranty.

Simply Red
11-22-2013, 12:24 AM
In the Joplin tornado my daughters apartment was decimated save 1 little corner of the living room in her tiny apartment. There sat the tv, xbox and entertainment center. Behind it were no walls.

Freaky. Those bastards take what they want.

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

11-22-2013, 12:50 AM
Damn. Sounded just like a buzzsaw when it hit their house. Never thought that is what it would sound like.

Pitt Gorilla
11-22-2013, 12:52 AM
The Lord works in mysterious ways.Yeah.

http://www.examiner.com/article/joplin-body-of-missing-baby-ripped-from-mother-s-arms-storm-identified

salame
11-22-2013, 12:52 AM
You're easily my new favorite poster.

yeah, he is definitely making me want to up my game

salame
11-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Most of the time, no. But I would like to think my wife wouldn't act like that either.

most of the time I'm not a woman

Bugeater
11-22-2013, 12:59 AM
most of the time I'm not a woman
I would like to hear more about the times you are.

RealSNR
11-22-2013, 01:11 AM
Who's Autumn?

The guy had his shit together pretty well. After getting his bearings and making sure nobody was hurt, he had a moment of shock, but immediately started thinking about the now unstable house structure and keeping safe from a collapsed roof.

Josey or whoever she is... wow. Talk about fucking clueless. She has neither a fight nor a flight instinct. Just a sit-there-like-an-idiot instinct.

salame
11-23-2013, 12:25 PM
I would like to hear more about the times you are.

:thumb:

Halfcan
11-23-2013, 12:32 PM
I was down at Moore Oklahoma after they were hit- saddest thing ever-those people had no warning and no basements.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-23-2013, 01:06 PM
PFFT.

Your worst day in a Tornado is better than your best day jerking off pigs. Guaranteed.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-23-2013, 01:11 PM
We had a tornado coming straight at us about three years ago. I made a nest for the wife and kid in the hallway and stood on the front porch videoing. My wife was screaming for me to get in the house or she was going to call the police on me. Dumb bitch. The tornado was only an F1 and evaporated right before it got to us. Story of my life !

stonedstooge
11-23-2013, 01:16 PM
I DIDN'T HEAR THE TRAIN DAMMIT

Dartgod
11-23-2013, 01:17 PM
We had a tornado coming straight at us about three years ago. I made a nest for the wife and kid in the hallway and stood on the front porch videoing. My wife was screaming for me to get in the house or she was going to call the police on me. Dumb bitch. The tornado was only an F1 and evaporated right before it got to us. Story of my life !

Damn the luck.

mlyonsd
11-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Hearing the woman's agony when she sees the result is gut wrenching.

Earthling
11-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe it was the Chiefs/Donkos game playing and Peyton had the ball...

Three7s
11-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Who's Autumn?

The guy had his shit together pretty well. After getting his bearings and making sure nobody was hurt, he had a moment of shock, but immediately started thinking about the now unstable house structure and keeping safe from a collapsed roof.

Josey or whoever she is... wow. Talk about ****ing clueless. She has neither a fight nor a flight instinct. Just a sit-there-like-an-idiot instinct.
I can't really judge, because I know she's his daughter. If she's still just a teenager or something, I could imagine acting like that.

Ace Gunner
11-23-2013, 02:38 PM
most women aren't built to handle adversity of this magnitude. that's why they should not be allowed to hold some gov't positions. like president.

Jakemall
11-23-2013, 03:52 PM
Who's Autumn?

Josey or whoever she is... wow. Talk about ****ing clueless. She has neither a fight nor a flight instinct. Just a sit-there-like-an-idiot instinct.

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/993731_10200360242918957_1989635350_n.jpg

Probably won't matter....

DaFace
11-23-2013, 06:35 PM
most women aren't built to handle adversity of this magnitude. that's why they should not be allowed to hold some gov't positions. like president.

:spock:

J Diddy
11-23-2013, 06:52 PM

That's probably the stupidest shit I ever heard.

Demonpenz
11-24-2013, 09:43 AM
I was once on the news for a train delrailment, when they asked me to describe it I said it sounded like a tornado.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-24-2013, 11:08 AM
That's probably the stupidest shit I ever heard.

Don't worry. You'll get your chance to vote for Hillary shortly. ;)

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-24-2013, 11:09 AM
I was once on the news for a train delrailment, when they asked me to describe it I said it sounded like a tornado.

How did you make a train derail ?