PDA

View Full Version : Football First game I missed this year

Wallcrawler
11-24-2013, 06:55 PM
...and if someone told me before the game that KC would put up 38 points, Smith would go for nearly 300 yards and 3 tds, while Jamaal Charles rushed for over 100 yards and scored twice, I would have said there's no way in hell KC loses the game.

Rough sledding for the team today. Losing Hali or Houston is bad, but to lose both is a disaster. The defense hasn't been the same since the Raider game where they exploded for 10 sacks. I don't know if it's scheme, opposing O-Line talent level, flameout by our players, or what. Going from absolute QB destroyers, to not even getting a finger on an opposing QB is very troubling.

Our D thrives on disruption, sacks, and turnovers. Turnovers generally accompany disruption and sacks, which have been disturbingly uncommon.

Its nice to see that the offense has seemingly figured out what they need to do when they hit the field, but just far too many miscues defensively to win this game. When the offense hands you the lead with a minute seventeen left to go in the game, how do you go out and surrender a TD?

A couple games doesn't make a season, but divisional games aren't the games you want to be finally figuring things out about yourselves and losing in the process. Reid's clock management was capitally offensive on that last drive.

At the beginning of the year, nobody expected playoffs at all. There has been marked improvement that we should all be happy with, but this is far from a finished product. Huge challenge coming up next week against Manning and the Broncos most likely without Hali and Houston. Not that they were generating sacks in the first place these past few weeks, but they are starters for a reason, in that they are better than anyone else we have at the position.

Offense has to know it has to carry the load this upcoming week with our two best defenders out. So practice this week is going to be extremely important.

I knew we weren't going to win them all, and eventually the losses were going to start coming and the championship hopes would go by the wayside. It happens to 31 teams every year, some it happens to a lot faster than others.

Im just disappointed to see that the offense finally gets rolling, chalks up nearly 40 points, and the defensive unit from 2003 shows up to play today.

If this offense can continue to do the things it was doing today, with better end-game clock management, this team can still make some noise and win some games even with Hali and Houston on the shelf.

Shake it off and get ready to take out fivehead and the Donks next week.

Psyko Tek
11-24-2013, 07:18 PM
so this is all your fault?

Dayze
11-24-2013, 07:19 PM
so you're to blame. I hope you're happy with yourself.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-24-2013, 07:19 PM
38 by the offense
that is acutally blowing my mind

Pasta Little Brioni
11-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Looked like the 03 e fense out there

ThaVirus
11-24-2013, 07:21 PM
What are the chances of Asamoah and/or Fisher starting next week if they're healthy?

Dayze
11-24-2013, 07:37 PM
What are the chances of Asamoah and/or Fisher starting next week if they're healthy?

Fisher. no way they'll let Ass to Mouth start over him.