PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Should we be encouraged by the offense?

RunKC
11-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Last 2 weeks they have looked drastically better than at any point this year. Today they looked very good and had a nice groove. Alex Smith has been playing extremely well, Bowe has been getting more involved and Charles has finally been able to bust a few long runs.

Do you think that they will continue to play at this pace?

I hope so, because if the offense plays like they did today, then we will be a threat in the playoffs with Tamba and Houston coming back.

New World Order
11-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Yes, but what was so encouraging about last week?

Bugeater
11-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Sure.

Sorter
11-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Rather than being discouraged?

The offense just had their best performance this season. Do you think before you post?

As to your actual question in the OP, I doubt it, simply because this type of output hasn't been demonstrated consistently.

Sofa King
11-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Probably not.

petegz28
11-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Yes, but what was so encouraging about last week?

We took shots down field and had WR's open...they just didn't catch them.

chiefzilla1501
11-24-2013, 10:47 PM
No. Fans here are funny. We flip out when our offensive line gets handled by studs like Von Miller and JJ Watt, then get excited when we tear apart a pretty bad San Diego defense. In the same way, we get upset when Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers put some yards up on us.

Today was an excellent game for our offense, especially Alex Smith. The way we played on offense against Denver isn't going to win us playoff games.

MMXcalibur
11-24-2013, 10:48 PM
I'd like to think of it as the Chiefs/Broncos game from 2010 when the Donks went up BIG early and Cassel started connecting with Bowe more and more during 2nd half garbage time. After that game, the offense was rolling.

Maybe.
Shit, I dunno. I'm looking for something.

Strongside
11-24-2013, 10:49 PM
I am. But the thing is, we need to play like we're behind at all times. Not just when we're actually behind.

BigRedChief
11-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Why not? We score 38 points we are going to win most games.

Jakemall
11-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Rather than being discouraged?

The offense just had their best performance this season. Do you think before you post?

As to your actual question in the OP, I doubt it, simply because this type of output hasn't been demonstrated consistently.

Certainly true..but it is nice to see it.

Sorter
11-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Certainly true..but it is nice to see it.

It was absolutely fantastic to see.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Most certainly yes
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC
11-24-2013, 11:39 PM
Sorter, I think we're going to see more this offensive explosion next week.

I think we're starting to gel and get something going.

Shaid
11-24-2013, 11:40 PM
I think we've seen more than we had before so there's some hope.

Bl00dyBizkitz
11-24-2013, 11:41 PM
No, you shouldn't be encouraged. How dare you think the offense performing well means anything good for us. At all. You should be ashamed. /CP

Sorter
11-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Sorter, I think we're going to see more this offensive explosion next week.

I think we're starting to gel and get something going.

Your question was,
Do you think that they will continue to play at this pace? .

I doubt we put up 38 points consistently. However, I do expect an increase increased production in offense (especially given how teams are now going to react to cutbacks on our stretch play, of which Charles had quite a few. We'll likely be able to bounce more outside)

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-24-2013, 11:50 PM
The Brayatons could only score 27 on them in the sun of San Diego

Chiefshrink
11-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Hali and Houston weren't a factor when they weren't injured let alone when they went out yet we still scored 38 and if Andy doesn't blink 2wice we win that game. Yes I'm encouraged because not only did we score 38 but we are now throwing downfield and next week against a very suspect Denver 2ndary that gave up 31 pts uncontested in the 2nd half tonight.I am encouraged:thumb:

ThaVirus
11-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Come on, bro. The score was 7-3 with 2 minutes left in the second quarter when they went out..

If you think losing them had no effect on the outcome of the game.. Well, then I can't help you.

keg in kc
11-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Maybe. One game's an aberration. Hopefully they turn it into a trend.

Mav
11-25-2013, 12:26 AM
They looked more in sync on offense. Can it continue? No Idea. Going to have to if Houston, and Hali are out for an extended period.

Ewwww.

Saccopoo
11-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Hali and Houston weren't a factor when they weren't injured let alone when they went out yet we still scored 38 and if Andy doesn't blink 2wice we win that game. Yes I'm encouraged because not only did we score 38 but we are now throwing downfield and next week against a very suspect Denver 2ndary that gave up 31 pts uncontested in the 2nd half tonight.I am encouraged:thumb:

It's the pass coverage where they will be missed, especially Houston. Because of his excellent ability to get to the QB, people tend to dismiss his coverage skills. However, they are very good.

The Chiefs inability to properly get a man on Woodhead on that final drive was the reason we lost. (That and the dropped interceptions, but you can't bank on those. You've got to cover a back on passing downs.)

Not having Houston there to chip off the back or spread out the front line coverage is going to hurt if he's out for any length of time.

FloridaMan88
11-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Offense has looked improved the past 2 games… although San Diego's defense is mediocre at best (27th in the NFL in pass defense).

leonster
11-25-2013, 06:15 AM
Fisher still gonna be out next week? Just sayin'...

With that said, it was fantastic to finally see some lobs downfield actually connect for big gains fairly consistently.

FringeNC
11-25-2013, 06:18 AM
Heck yes we should be encouraged. All it took was a little blocking by the O-line and Alex Smith looks good and JC is back to breaking long runs.

Trakkkk
11-25-2013, 06:26 AM
Yes, but getting into a shootout with Denver is a bad idea. We need our defense back, fast.

dannybcaitlyn
11-25-2013, 06:59 AM
I would go with the same package on the o-line next week.

FringeNC
11-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Suppose Fisher and Assamoah are healthy. What's our optimal O-line? Is Jeff Allen better than those guys or should he get benched for one of those two (and obviously switch up some guys)?

Sandy Vagina
11-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Should we be encouraged by the offense?

To each his own, but I sure am. They are showing us that if the blocking and catching is remotely adequate, this offense can move the ball and score points. Go figure. :D

MahiMike
11-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Hell ya! The best thing for this team is a struggling defense. We have to play this season in 2 stages. Defense 1st half, offense 2nd half.

Hopefully come playoff time, we have both.

Sandy Vagina
11-25-2013, 08:25 AM
Suppose Fisher and Assamoah are healthy. What's our optimal O-line? Is Jeff Allen better than those guys or should he get benched for one of those two (and obviously switch up some guys)?

For now... for Denver.. I think the

Albert -- Schwartz -- Hudson -- Asamoah -- Stephenson

lineup should get a shot to impress...

SeeingRed
11-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Yes.....offense is coming together nicely. Best it ever looked yesterday

whoman69
11-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Not if the defense can't hold it together. Tamba was on crutches after the game so that could be a longer lasting high ankle sprain. Houston's elbow injury looked bad. Without those two we go from record setting sack pace to return to lack of sacks record pace.

Lzen
11-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Come on, bro. The score was 14-3 with 2 minutes left in the second quarter when they went out..

If you think losing them had no effect on the outcome of the game.. Well, then I can't help you.

FYP

Wallcrawler
11-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Five touchdowns for the offense is very encouraging, I don't care who it was against. KC's offense has been some stank ass stagnant shit all year long. Reid is still far too pass happy for my liking with Jamaal tearing it up when he runs the ball, but Reid is set in his ways in terms of how he calls offense. When you see Jamaal get 14 carries for over 100 yards, you begin to wonder why the hell he only had 14 carries.

They are going to have to stay aggressive. Forget that safe 2-5 yard bullshit and open the offense up. If you turn it over, you turn it over. 19 points per game average isn't winning anything. No risk no reward.

Dungver secondary got pretty banged up, and Chump will be rusty if he returns. Offense will have some opportunities this week.

unlurking
11-25-2013, 09:23 AM
It's the pass coverage where they will be missed, especially Houston. Because of his excellent ability to get to the QB, people tend to dismiss his coverage skills. However, they are very good.

The Chiefs inability to properly get a man on Woodhead on that final drive was the reason we lost. (That and the dropped interceptions, but you can't bank on those. You've got to cover a back on passing downs.)

Not having Houston there to chip off the back or spread out the front line coverage is going to hurt if he's out for any length of time.

This. Hali and Houston cannot be graded just on sacks. Those Woodhead breaks for 10+ yards every freaking play would have been much shorter. Zombo is too slow trying to get to the corner.

3 points given up before Hali and Houston went down. 38 after. Weren't a factor? Chiefshrink is either a troll or needs a shrink.

mcaj22
11-25-2013, 09:27 AM
is there any way they don't throw Fisher or Asamoah back into the starting lineup right away?

I dont think they should just be given their starting positions back, they have been outperformed by their backups.

Dayze
11-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Fisher will be back by default.

wazu
11-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Fisher will be back by default.

That trainer needs to tickle his tricep again and sit him for another 12 weeks.