PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hali and Houston injury news

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Laz
11-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Andy Reid on Tamba Hali and Justin Houston's injuries
By Joel Thorman  @JoelThorman on Nov 25 2013, 12:30p 4

The Kansas City Chiefs head coach on Monday updated everyone on the injuries suffered by Tamba Hali (ankle) and Justin Houston (elbow) in Sunday's loss to the San Diego Chargers.

Tamba Hali has an ankle sprain.

"He did have an MRI on it," Reid said. "That's what it is, a slight ankle sprain. He'll continue to work this week. He was moving around a little bit better today than he was after the game yesterday."

Considering what some of us feared, this is good news. It could be worse (it could always be worse).

More notes on Tamba's injury:

It's not a high ankle sprain.

"He made big improvements from yesterday but we just have to see how he does," Reid said when asked about Tamba practicing this week.

"He was on crutches after the game and today he was able to walk in the pool," Reid said. "He came in with one crutch so we're halfway there."
"The MRI was a positive."

Justin Houston: Subluxed elbow

"Justin Houston subluxed his elbow," Reid said. "We weren't able to do the MRI he's got quite a bit of swelling in there and they weren't able to get him in the position to do the MRI."

So I guess the MRI could show more.

No word on how long he could miss but Reid didn't say that this was a long-term situation.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/11/25/5144368/andy-reid-on-tamba-hali-and-justin-houstons-injuries

ptlyon
11-25-2013, 12:42 PM
No word on how long he could miss but Reid didn't say that this was a long-term situation.

He didn't say it wasn't, either

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-25-2013, 12:44 PM
prep the Hs for this sunday's hemorroid

Strongside
11-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Hali will most likely play, which I'm good with. As long as we have 1 of them in there. Houston could potentially play depending on tissue damage severity. I'm guessing he's out a week.

Mr. Laz
11-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Subluxation

Definition: A condition that occurs when a joint begins to dislocate. Instead of the joint surfaces completely losing contact, a subluxation can be considered a "partial dislocation."
A subluxation can be the result of a trauma or acute injury. In these cases, the injury can be quite painful.

Subluxations can also occur as a result of loose joints. In patients with generalized joint laxity, their body may allow for joint subluxations without any trauma or injury. These patients often have no symptoms and may not need any treatment for joint subluxations. If these joint subluxations become symptomatic, treatment may be recommended.

Marcellus
11-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Odd, I read in the game thread Hali's career was likely over.

Dartgod
This is good news. The best we could have expected anyway.

Ace Gunner
probly won't play this weekend

Mr. Laz
11-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher 36m
Reid said Hali has discarded one of his two crutches, so making progress. Reid unsure whether he will practice on Wed.

Rausch
11-25-2013, 12:48 PM
We need Houston in there. He's solid in run D, pass coverage, pass rush.

Hali is mostly a one trick pony. He rushes the QB and isn't any threat dropping back...

Marcellus
11-25-2013, 12:49 PM

Hali is mostly a one trick pony. He rushes the QB and isn't any threat dropping back...

I think this myth has been disproven via pick 6.

Strongside
11-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Reid Ferrin ‏@KCChiefs_Reid 58s
Coach Reid on MRI of Tamba's ankle injury: "Tamba, the doctors, coaches and everybody felt better after his MRI. The MRI was a positive."
Reply Retweeted Favorite More Expand

Cheater5
11-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Each injury is unique, and each position requires different uses of ones body, but I do recall McMidget (McCluster) badly hyper-extending his elbow last year, and that little bastard was playing the next week.

Again, I know Houston uses his upper body to push/pull/rip far more than #22 does- but it makes me hope he can brace it, rub some dirt on it and drive on...

Rausch
11-25-2013, 12:50 PM

I don't...

mcaj22
11-25-2013, 12:51 PM

wat

Tamba is great at everything. Pass rush, run defense, containment, sealing the edge, picking up screens and dropping back into the flats or a zone

what games do you watch? Soon as he went out the backups wouldnt seal the edge on run plays and got dominated. That's how Ryan Mathews scored easily.

Mr_Tomahawk
Warpaint Illustrated‏@ChiefsInsider2m
Hearing rumblings #Chiefs LB Tamba Hali may have better chance to play Sunday vs. #Broncos than LB Justin Houston so that's encouraging.

ptlyon

All he does is catch touchdowns

TEX
Subluxation

Definition: A condition that occurs when a joint begins to dislocate. Instead of the joint surfaces completely losing contact, a subluxation can be considered a "partial dislocation."
A subluxation can be the result of a trauma or acute injury. In these cases, the injury can be quite painful.

Subluxations can also occur as a result of loose joints. In patients with generalized joint laxity, their body may allow for joint subluxations without any trauma or injury. These patients often have no symptoms and may not need any treatment for joint subluxations. If these joint subluxations become symptomatic, treatment may be recommended.

VERY PAINFUL. I had one on my left elbow a few years back. I had to wear a static brace much like J.J. Watt wears. It holds the elvow in place and stretches the ligament because it wants to constrict and limit mivement to avoid further injury.

SAUTO
11-25-2013, 12:52 PM
I don't...

me either, bj raji had a pick six once...

Ace Gunner
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher 36m
Reid said Hali has discarded one of his two crutches, so making progress. Reid unsure whether he will practice on Wed.

ROFL don't know why that hit a funny bone

Marcellus
I don't...

Well damn, that settles that then.

saphojunkie
11-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Houston needs to sack up and go play with a cast on.

Ace Gunner
Hearing rumblings #Chiefs LB Tamba Hali may have better chance to play Sunday vs. #Broncos than LB Justin Houston so that's encouraging.

:sulk:

Mr_Tomahawk
Reid Ferrin‏@KCChiefs_Reid1m
Coach Reid on Justin Houston's subluxed elbow: "They weren’t able to get him in position that they wanted to do the MRI," cont'd.....

Reid Ferrin‏@KCChiefs_Reid30s
Coach Reid on Houston's subluxed elbow injury: "So, we’ll wait a day or so to get the swelling down and go from there."

Rausch
11-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Well damn, that settles that then.

I just don't think Hali's as good in coverage as you do.

Not a difference of opinion I feel is worth a 200 word post...

Rausch
11-25-2013, 12:56 PM
wat

Tamba is great at everything.

I think we are watching different games...

Marcellus
11-25-2013, 12:57 PM
I just don't think Hali's as good in coverage as you do.

Not a difference of opinion I feel is worth a 200 word post...

No problem. I wouldn't say thats his strength but he is much much better than he used to be at it.

Given the option to have 1 guy play out of the 2 I take Hali all day every Sunday, he gets more consistent pressure and should be drawing about 32 holding penalties a game.

Sully
11-25-2013, 12:59 PM

I always thought this, too.
Yesterday, he was on a rush and peeled off to cover a back running downfield and stayed with him step for step. I had never seen that before.

Dayze
11-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Reid Ferrin ‏@KCChiefs_Reid 58s
Coach Reid on MRI of Tamba's ankle injury: "Tamba, the doctors, coaches and everybody felt better after his MRI. The MRI was a positive."
Reply Retweeted Favorite More Expand

well that can't be good
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bv26dLnbi9g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus
11-25-2013, 01:01 PM
I think Houston is a more complete player but Hali is the better pass rusher.

Houston takes the edge in coverage and run support, Hali takes it in pass rushing. They're about even but Houston is better at rushing the passer than Hali is in coverage so I'll give him the nod.

notorious
11-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Hali was quoted as saying,"I am going to take what's left of my ankle and break it off in Peyton Manning's ass".

Carlota69
11-25-2013, 01:07 PM

I read that too. Im stunned he's even alive after reading CP yesterday.

Rausch
11-25-2013, 01:07 PM
No problem. I wouldn't say thats his strength but he is much much better than he used to be at it.

Agreed.

Given the option to have 1 guy play out of the 2 I take Hali all day every Sunday, he gets more consistent pressure and should be drawing about 32 holding penalties a game.

Here's where I disagree. Houston is exceptional in pass coverage. He's been great vs. HB's and (slower) TE's his whole career.

And as a pass rusher Houston is a beast. He's stupid strong and has a full clip of pass rush moves to fire at the QB. Houston is fast, can bull rush, can speed rush, and can swim and go.

Hali is often pushed outside because his upper body just isn't as strong. Hali himself said that Houston "can do things I just can't do."

ChiefRocka
11-25-2013, 01:13 PM
So basically...

Hali - 50/50 for Sunday
Houston - Out 2-3 weeks

Very good news IMHO. I thought the results would be flip-flopped based on how the players left the field. Hali is a beast, he will suit up with a pregame injection.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Was Lewis injured or benched?

Rausch
11-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Was Lewis injured or benched?

Yes...

Dayze
11-25-2013, 01:18 PM
hopefully Benched.

Otter
Houston's injury looked a lot worse than Tambi's judging from what I saw. That's a hell of a one two punch for the defense to take.

Damn

Easy 6
As long as we have atleast one of them in there i'll feel a lot better, even on a gimpy ankle Hali is miles above any of the backups.

HemiEd
11-25-2013, 01:20 PM

Are you really quoting that guy, really? He doesn't hear rumblings, he invents shit.

SeeingRed
11-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Good news....i was expecting worse. If we can manage a win this week anything is possible.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-25-2013, 01:59 PM

LOL

Strongside
11-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Houston's injury is the same that Watt suffered. IIRC, he was out 2 weeks.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Are you really quoting that guy, really? He doesn't hear rumblings, he invents shit.

....from other reports I am seeing.

He is right...

So kindly suck shit ma'am.

Rausch
11-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Houston's injury is the same that Watt suffered. IIRC, he was out 2 weeks.

:facepalm:

Buehler445
11-25-2013, 02:21 PM
If they can't MRI it, that sounds shitty for Houston to be back by the Donk game. I hope to fuck Hali is better.

Strongside
11-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Injury expert on 610: Hali's injury is the best possible sprain he could have had. Grade 1+. Says if you've rolled your ankle, you've had a grade 1+ sprain.

ptlyon
11-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Injury expert on 610: Hali's injury is the best possible sprain he could have had. Grade 1+. Says if you've rolled your ankle, you've had a grade 1+ sprain.

Doctor Nick!

Strongside
11-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Doctor Nick!

It's not Nick Athan, if that's what you're implying.

Baby Lee
11-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Subluxation

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4887225/riggs-dislocated-shoulder-o.gif

Dayze
11-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Doctor Athan, please pick up the white courtesy phone. Dr. Athan, white courtesy phone.

seaofred
11-25-2013, 02:41 PM
It's not Nick Athan, if that's what you're implying.

I think he's implying Dr. Nick from the Simpsons..

Strongside
11-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Injury expert: In this case the swelling throws off the MRI. With a subluxation you're looking not to the problem with the joints, but what tore. Some things might be torn, but right now we don't know the severity. Theoretically, if the MRI is not too bad, he can wear a brace and play this week.

Hoping that sprains were grade 1 or 2, and not tears. Says JJ Watt completely dislocated his, and can now bend it 45 degrees the wrong way...Houston's injury is nothing like that.

Injury expert does not think either guy is done for season by any means.

Injury expert says theoretically both guys could be back this week.

ptlyon
11-25-2013, 02:43 PM
I think he's implying Dr. Nick from the Simpsons..

:bravo:

The Franchise
11-25-2013, 02:45 PM
No way Houston plays against Denver. They can't even get the MRI done because of the swelling.

Strongside
11-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Saying WORST CASE SCENARIO for Houston is 4 weeks.

Strongside
11-25-2013, 02:46 PM
No way Houston plays against Denver. They can't even get the MRI done because of the swelling.

The doctor just said that's standard. They can't do the MRI because if there's tissue inflammation it makes the MRI difficult to read, as they are anyway. Says that if there isn't anything torn and his sprains are grade 1 or 2, he could wear a brace and play.

Quesadilla Joe
11-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Justin Houston declined to talk to reporters just now in KC locker room. Right arm heavily wrapped, in a sling.https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/status/405074253751406593

Dante84
11-25-2013, 02:52 PM
https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/status/405074253751406593

Probably with ice, to reduce swelling.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
11-25-2013, 03:03 PM

I agree. Hali is a beast. My only complaint is that it seems like he didn't keep his weight down this year.

Dante84
11-25-2013, 03:13 PM
What's the word on Devito?

I think we missed him this weekend, too.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2013, 03:16 PM
http://followgreg.com/gregoryng/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Miyagi.gif

Eleazar
11-25-2013, 03:16 PM

How is it encouraging that one may have a better chance to play than another? What does that sentence even mean?

pr_capone
11-25-2013, 03:22 PM
How is it encouraging that one may have a better chance to play than another? What does that sentence even mean?

It came from WPI. If they are saying that one of them is sure to play... they will both have career ending injuries.

THE DEAL IS DONE!

ChiefRocka
11-25-2013, 03:25 PM

What a poosy...I thought the dudes season was over by the way they carted him off. :evil:

suzzer99
11-25-2013, 03:28 PM
A few years ago on the Royals scout.com forum - ChiefsInsider claimed the Royals had a trade for Arod in the works. They laughed him off the forum. Dude is either legit insane or a scam artist.

gblowfish
11-25-2013, 03:44 PM
From what KK was saying, they think Hali may be able to play vs. Denver, or for sure the week after. Houston sounds bad, may be a season ender. If you watch the injury play -you can see it in my Ten Things post- his elbow gets bent in a direction it's not supposed to bend. It was too swollen to do an MRI today. I hope it doesn't cost him the whole year. It would be crucial to have him back for the playoffs. PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS???!!!

Kidd Lex
11-25-2013, 03:46 PM
A few years ago on the Royals scout.com forum - ChiefsInsider claimed the Royals had a trade for Arod in the works. They laughed him off the forum. Dude is either legit insane or a scam artist

Both? :shrug:

HemiEd
11-25-2013, 03:52 PM

It is Nick Athan, correct?

Dartgod
11-25-2013, 03:58 PM
From what KK was saying, they think Hali may be able to play vs. Denver, or for sure the week after. Houston sounds bad, may be a season ender. If you watch the injury play -you can see it in my Ten Things post- his elbow gets bent in a direction it's not supposed to bend. It was too swollen to do an MRI today. I hope it doesn't cost him the whole year. It would be crucial to have him back for the playoffs. PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS???!!!

I just rewatched the video and never noticed that before. This is gruesome looking. His forearm is bent out away from his body. Not natural at all!

mikey23545
11-25-2013, 03:59 PM
The doctor just said that's standard. They can't do the MRI because if there's tissue inflammation it makes the MRI difficult to read, as they are anyway. Says that if there isn't anything torn and his sprains are grade 1 or 2, he could wear a brace and play.

I think they should put his arm in a full cast, and on his first pass rush he should take a mighty swing and nail Tainton right in the collar bone with said cast.

After that, he can sit down and rest up for the playoffs...

HemiEd
11-25-2013, 04:03 PM
I just rewatched the video and never noticed that before. This is gruesome looking. His forearm is bent out away from his body. Not natural at all!

I just watched it again and kind of wish I hadn't. Ouch!

Baby Lee
11-25-2013, 04:04 PM
I think they should put his arm in a full cast, and on his first pass rush he should take a mighty swing and nail Tainton right in the collar bone with said cast.

After that, he can sit down and rest up for the playoffs...

Works for me, as in the immortal words of Deacon Jones, Peytie-pie is 'a man, . . . or a woman.'

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Lm2l0pxYw-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefRocka
11-25-2013, 04:04 PM
. Says JJ Watt completely dislocated his, and can now bend it 45 degrees the wrong way...

http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/images/albums/tv-movies/inlivingcolor/season2/episode020/normal_ilc-episode020-19.jpg

mschiefs1984
11-25-2013, 04:07 PM

OUCH That looks far worse then I thought watching the game

Chiefs Pantalones
11-25-2013, 04:17 PM

This. Why are people acting like this is the end of the world? IIRC DT and other players have had more serious injuries than this and played and played like a boss.

BossChief
11-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Injury expert: In this case the swelling throws off the MRI. With a subluxation you're looking not to the problem with the joints, but what tore. Some things might be torn, but right now we don't know the severity. Theoretically, if the MRI is not too bad, he can wear a brace and play this week.

Hoping that sprains were grade 1 or 2, and not tears. Says JJ Watt completely dislocated his, and can now bend it 45 degrees the wrong way...Houston's injury is nothing like that.

Injury expert does not think either guy is done for season by any means.

Injury expert says theoretically both guys could be back this week.

That's what I was told after the game and posted in the other thread this morning.

Also, those ligaments in the elbow (from what I was told) don't ever fully heal on their own and it always requires surgery. Every time. torn or not. The question is when that surgery takes place. If its only strained, he can play relatively soon (maybe not this weekend, though) and the surgery can take place after the season. If there is any tear, they may opt to have the surgery sooner.

Awesome news on Hali, too.

Hali actually wanted to return to the field and finish the game and wasnt allowed to (rightfully so)..I bet it's less than 50/50 that he plays against Denver, though.

nascher
11-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Very good news even if both are Out 1-2 Weeks. I feared Hali was going to miss the Rest of the Season and Houston some extended time too.

Gravedigger
11-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Rest em up, we pretty much know we'll be the 5 seed unless Peyton goes down so lets make sure we have our full team going in so we can make some noise.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Very good news even if both are Out 1-2 Weeks. I feared Hali was going to miss the Rest of the Season and Houston some extended time too.

Both should play this week. Players have played with worse injuries.

nascher
11-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Houston looks bad i don't think you are going to play with an arm like that.

GloryDayz
11-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Subluxation

Geek! :D

TLO
11-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Hopefully we can get Hali back this weekend.

Houston ready to go by the playoffs.

Trying to stay optimistic here.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Hopefully we can get Hali back this weekend.

Houston ready to go by the playoffs.

Trying to stay optimistic here.

I don't think Houston being out is a huge deal TBH.

Orlando Franklin is a very good RT and he owned Houston.

If Hali is near 90 percent that's the key to this game, that and Alex not shitting his pants.

xztop123
11-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Houston will be out until at least the playoffs.

Tamba will miss 1 or 2 weeks at the most

xztop123
11-25-2013, 04:55 PM

If Hali is near 90 percent that's the key to this game, that and Alex not shitting his pants.

Wrong. Houston is an extremely powerful guy. He collapses the line. The way he sets the edge is uncanny and more like a 280 pound guy. He is a major factor in our run D

BossChief
11-25-2013, 04:57 PM

Zombo can play, the guy replacing Houston will get destroyed if he starts against Denver.

xztop123
11-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Zombo can play, the guy replacing Houston will get destroyed if he starts against Denver.

I dislike how our backups for either player are not the same TYPE of player, caliber aside. Houston and Tamba are both power rush move guys, Zombo and the other guy are finnesse and much weaker, like 4-3 lb's

xztop123
11-25-2013, 05:02 PM
I wonder how Poe would look at DE if Devito is stil out

Pasta Little Brioni
11-25-2013, 05:36 PM

Riiiiiight JFC people

Hammock Parties
11-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Riiiiiight JFC people

He wasn't effective in the first Denver game is all I'm saying.

keg in kc
11-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Sounds much better than I expected. Fingers staying crossed.

A Salt Weapon
11-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Honestly if we lose to Denver, I wouldn't mind seeing them rest until playoffs. We have 1-2 wins easy without the injured players. If we lose to Denver we're almost gaurs feed the 5th seed, would rather them be healed up for the playoffs than fight nagging injuries up to it.
Home field advantage would be huge, however the way Denver is playing I don't see us snagging it unless manning goes down.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-25-2013, 05:44 PM
He wasn't effective in the first Denver game is all I'm saying.

So that means he can never be effective in the future?

Hammock Parties
11-25-2013, 05:45 PM
So that means he can never be effective in the future?

I just think Orlando Franklin is really good.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-25-2013, 05:46 PM
I just think Orlando Franklin is really good.

....with a QB that gets rid of the ball in half a second.

DJ's left nut
11-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Honestly, if this brings one or both of those guys back rested, it'll be worth the lost games in between.

I'd rather have the mere threat of Houston on the field than Zombo or Moses, but the fact remains that he's been largely ineffective over the last several weeks. Hali has been as well.

I'm not so sure a week or two off won't be a benefit for them. The good news is that Houston's injury isn't to his legs, so his speed should should still create matchup problems, even if he struggles to finish. Hali's not relied on explosion for years now; he's a strength and technique guy anyway.

This sucks, but there are some silver linings to be found here as well.

Simply Red
11-25-2013, 05:49 PM

yes no kidding - expect he opposite to happen - or nothing at all.

Strongside
11-25-2013, 05:50 PM
....with a QB that gets rid of the ball in half a second.

Patriots showed last night...do your job in coverage and that number goes up significantly. NE was BLOWING UP those pick plays at the line of scrimmage. It was a beautiful thing to behold.

threebag
11-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Honestly if we lose to Denver, I wouldn't mind seeing them rest until playoffs. We have 1-2 wins easy without the injured players. If we lose to Denver we're almost gaurs feed the 5th seed, would rather them be healed up for the playoffs than fight nagging injuries up to it.
Home field advantage would be huge, however the way Denver is playing I don't see us snagging it unless manning goes down on a cock.

Home field is huge.

Discuss Thrower
11-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Home field advantage would be huge, however the way Denver is playing I don't see us snagging it unless manning goes down.

Easy wins? You're joking....

BossChief
11-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Patriots showed last night...do your job in coverage and that number goes up significantly. NE was BLOWING UP those pick plays at the line of scrimmage. It was a beautiful thing to behold.

I bet our secondary has been watching that tape over and over AS A GROUP all day today.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-25-2013, 05:58 PM
The sad part was getting raped by shit players like Tuutuu.

Sully
11-25-2013, 06:07 PM
I will say that Zombo looked good pass rushing yesterday. Quick and good lean.

A Salt Weapon
11-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Easy wins? You're joking....

Hardly, @Washington @Oakland @San Diego and colts at home, no way we lose more than two of those and that's without bringing our A game. With our A game we go undefeated the rest of the year.

MahiMike
11-25-2013, 06:22 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with Zombo.

T-post Tom
11-25-2013, 06:23 PM

Refs are not consistent on calling pick plays. Seems like we seldom get those calls. Dbowe needs to spend some of his phat paycheck & grease the refs.

GloryDayz
11-25-2013, 06:24 PM
I will say that Zombo looked good pass rushing yesterday. Quick and good lean.

I agree, I have no complaints for the showing he had when you know, regardless of typical coach-speak, when he woke up yesterday morning that he never thought yesterday was going to be his big day. I'm sure he was more ready than you and me, but I'm pretty sure he didn't bring his family to town to watch his big debut...

MagicHef
11-25-2013, 06:40 PM

Houston had 8 stops in the Denver game, more than any other 2 KC defenders combined.

It's a huge deal if he's out.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2013, 06:41 PM
Houston had 8 stops in the Denver game, more than any other 2 KC defenders combined.

It's a huge deal if he's out.

It's not like he was getting pressure, though.

I'm sure we'll stuff your running game with or without him. :)

MagicHef
11-25-2013, 06:47 PM
It's not like he was getting pressure, though.

I'm sure we'll stuff your running game with or without him. :)

We gameplanned to limit Hali and Houston's ability to pressure Manning, and it stifled our offense. If one or both aren't playing, our playbook will be opened up quite a bit.

BossChief
11-25-2013, 06:54 PM
We gameplanned to limit Hali and Houston's ability to pressure Manning, and it stifled our offense. If one or both aren't playing, our playbook will be opened up quite a bit.

While that's true, it's also true that NE just showed our DBs how to handle your receivers at the line to stop those pick plays. The game will be at a packed house of RED, too...not orange..

KC is gonna have to play a near perfect and inspired game to come out with a win, but I think they at do just that. If Hali and Houston are both out, were in trouble.

MagicHef
11-25-2013, 07:28 PM
While that's true, it's also true that NE just showed our DBs how to handle your receivers at the line to stop those pick plays. The game will be at a packed house of RED, too...not orange..

KC is gonna have to play a near perfect and inspired game to come out with a win, but I think they at do just that. If Hali and Houston are both out, were in trouble.

Yeah, now pick plays are totally ineffective! Belichick ruined everything!

RealSNR
11-25-2013, 07:39 PM

It's also about fucking time you guys got penalized in a game for it, though. What was that, the first time all year?

MagicHef
11-25-2013, 07:42 PM
It's also about ****ing time you guys got penalized in a game for it, though. What was that, the first time all year?

Nope. Denver leads the league in OPI.

BossChief
11-25-2013, 07:53 PM

Deflection.

Not surprised.

MagicHef
11-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Deflection.

Not surprised.

You're right. Your points were masterfully crafted, and as such were fully unassailable. The only option open to me was sarcasm.

BossChief
11-25-2013, 08:10 PM
You're right. Your points were masterfully crafted, and as such were fully unassailable. The only option open to me was sarcasm.

How effective was Manning last night?

Psyko Tek
11-25-2013, 08:15 PM

an I should bee pulling much more pussy than I do
but shoulds and coulds ain't worth shit

do not base performance on what you believe

and i want Houston back more than Hali
but I love them both equally

DJ's left nut
11-25-2013, 08:16 PM

So I guess SD showed the rest of the league that running crossing patterns all day will beat the Chiefs like a rented mule?

I guess it's good for Denver that a new way to kick the shit out of us has surfaced now that their preferred method has been neutralized...

C'mon - that's just silly. The NFL is an execution game. Sooner or later all schemes come down to simply out-executing the other guy. The NE defensive backs did a better job spotting and not falling into those picks than the Broncos did in setting them. It's no different than the Chargers simply doing a better job getting into space than Cooper and Smith did sticking with their man over the middle.

I don't suspect any of this is permanent...

MagicHef
11-25-2013, 08:21 PM
How effective was Manning last night?

Super great, obvously.

He did throw his 35th and 36th touchdowns of the season, though.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Denver's getting ready to be introduced to Mr. Catapano. The next Jared Allen.

AussieChiefsFan
11-25-2013, 08:28 PM
Really glad that neither are too serious. At least not as serious as they looked when they happened. Houston's injury looked really awful, like he'd broken an arm or something.

Nightfyre
11-25-2013, 08:39 PM
I hope at least one of these guys is ready to go. Moses has no business being on this team as far as I can tell.

BossChief
11-25-2013, 08:58 PM
I hope at least one of these guys is ready to go. Moses has no business being on this team as far as I can tell.

There is a good Red Sea Moses joke in there somewhere, but I can't piece it together.

Nightfyre
11-25-2013, 09:01 PM
I can tell you for a fact that this Moses will not lead us to the promise land.

Poop Shovel
11-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Losing Hali and Houston hurts, but we've got these guys at home. No way we lose.

Nightfyre
11-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Philip Rivers literally had 6 to 7 seconds to throw the ball after Hali and Houston were out. No team will win with that type of defense.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Losing Hali and Houston hurts, but we've got these guys at home. No way we lose.

We are unbeatable at Arrowhead. I believe that!

Poop Shovel
11-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Philip Rivers literally had 6 to 7 seconds to throw the ball after Hali and Houston were out. No team will win with that type of defense.

Manning seems to only need 2.3 seconds and H&H weren't very effective against him last time out. Don't worry; we'll find a way.

Poop Shovel
11-25-2013, 09:17 PM

Amen, brother!

Nightfyre
11-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Mods need to take out the mult garbage.

KCwolf
11-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Mult Garbage O' Plenty

Sully
11-25-2013, 10:00 PM

I disagree with the first paragraph.
We decided we were going to mug the receivers to the mult side last week and dare the refs to call it. We got called on it once in the first quarter, but did it the rest of the night with no calls. I think New England just took what we were doing a step further.

threebag
11-25-2013, 10:02 PM

Positivity.

Red Dawg
11-25-2013, 10:07 PM

I like you think brutha but we can certainly lose this game even at full strength much less wounded. It would be nice to beat Manning for what a second time in his career.

Poop Shovel
11-25-2013, 10:16 PM
I like you think brutha but we can certainly lose this game even at full strength much less wounded. It would be nice to beat Manning for what a second time in his career.

Have faith! No time to be a negative nancy. This is the New Chiefs.

Meet the new boss!

TimeForWasp
11-26-2013, 12:04 AM
I wonder how Poe would look at fullback if Devito is stil out

FYP

Chiefs=Champions
11-26-2013, 12:10 AM
Have faith! No time to be a negative nancy. This is the New Chiefs.

Meet the new boss!

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

http://images.wikia.com/random-ness/images/8/8c/CSi_Miami_sunglasses.gif

Simply Red
11-26-2013, 12:33 AM
just been all kinds of updates.

TEX
11-26-2013, 04:46 AM

This. Not to mention the backup LB's can't cover anyone either...

Bob Dole
11-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Wonder if any locker room bullies are riding Houston about his Nursemaid's Elbow?

Strongside
11-26-2013, 07:51 AM
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/405325192815071232

Schefter says Houston unlikely to play Sunday, per team sources.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-26-2013, 09:54 AM
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/405325192815071232

Schefter says Houston unlikely to play Sunday, per team sources.

This sucks.

Strongside
11-26-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm OK as long as Hali can go. Zombo looked good before both were gone. After that, they were putting all attention on him and ignoring Moses, who looked horrible. Catapano needs to step up this week.

suzzer99
11-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Is DeVito coming back? We're missing him a ton

Omaha
11-26-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm OK as long as Hali can go. Zombo looked good before both were gone. After that, they were putting all attention on him and ignoring Moses, who looked horrible. Catapano needs to step up this week.

This. Where the fuck was this guy? This is his chance to prove he's more than a backup.

GloryDayz
Wonder if any locker room bullies are riding Houston about his Nursemaid's Elbow?

Prolly not, he still has one good arm, and knows how to use it...

http://i.imgur.com/vyXkL.gif

Strongside

I think I saw on Twitter this morning that he was going to be practicing Wednesday. I'll try and find it.

Simply Red
11-26-2013, 10:00 AM

OH LOOK, not a peep from anyone - this whole CP insider thingy is overrated.

I say Blue Springs Examiner could offer better updates, than what we have here. Thanks to Strongside for the little bit of info he has provided. Aside from that, meh.

Yes I'm a brat.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-26-2013, 10:03 AM

Arrowhead Pride ‏@ArrowheadPride 38m
Wednesday RT @RealMNchiefsfan @ArrowheadPride any good word on Big Mike DeVito? KC could definitely use him back this Sunday.

Strongside
11-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Arrowhead Pride ‏@ArrowheadPride 38m
Wednesday RT @RealMNchiefsfan @ArrowheadPride any good word on Big Mike DeVito? KC could definitely use him back this Sunday.

I saw that one, but I thought I saw it from someone else as well.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Rest both have them 100% for Playoffs?

Strongside
Usually Athan is a dipshit and I don't read into anything he says, but he made an interesting point yesterday. If Houston can't go, would moving Zombo inside to play the run and putting DJ on the edge to rush the passer and help in coverage be an option?

GloryDayz
OH LOOK, not a peep from anyone - this whole CP insider thingy is overrated.

I say Blue Springs Examiner could offer better updates, than what we have here. Thanks to Strongside for the little bit of info he has provided. Aside from that, meh.

Yes I'm a brat.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BvJF0j-RLxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:D

TEX
11-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Rest both have them 100% for Playoffs?

This.
The Chiefs are not going to win the Division anyway.

jiveturkey
11-26-2013, 10:11 AM
They have Catapano listed at DE on the depth chart behind Allen Bailey.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-26-2013, 10:12 AM
I just don't wanna see Moses on the field. Guy has 1 move and it's a bull rush. At least Zombo has speed.

Strongside
11-26-2013, 10:12 AM
They have Catapano listed at DE on the depth chart behind Allen Bailey.

I know, but it doesn't take much to stand the guy up. Hasn't he played some OLB this season already?

Strongside
11-26-2013, 10:14 AM
I just don't wanna see Moses on the field. Guy has 1 move and it's a bull rush. At least Zombo has speed.

Zombo made a killer dip move to get to Rivers and disrupt a pass while Houston was still in. Moses had nothing, though. They were able to block him using only 1 man, and utilize the TE and RB to help chip Zombo. They can't do that with Hali in there. If both can't go, our pass rush is fucked. We'll have to send CB's and S's on blitzes, which you can't really do against Peyton.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Zombo made a killer dip move to get to Rivers and disrupt a pass while Houston was still in. Moses had nothing, though. They were able to block him using only 1 man, and utilize the TE and RB to help chip Zombo. They can't do that with Hali in there. If both can't go, our pass rush is ****ed. We'll have to send CB's and S's on blitzes, which you can't really do against Peyton.

Just play Nickel all day.

warrior
11-26-2013, 10:17 AM
keep Moses on the bench

Strongside
11-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Just play Nickel all day.

NE let them run the ball, which is what I think we'll ultimately need to do. They let them run and absolutely BLANKETED their receiving corps. Talib is a monster, but we have the guys in our secondary to employ the same scheme. Give up the 3 yard runs and blanket the receivers on 3rd down. Peyton had all day to throw, but couldn't get rid of the ball because the coverage was excellent. He can't run, so it completely disrupted their offense.

Red Beans
11-26-2013, 10:23 AM
NE let them run the ball, which is what I think we'll ultimately need to do. They let them run and absolutely BLANKETED their receiving corps. Talib is a monster, but we have the guys in our secondary to employ the same scheme. Give up the 3 yard runs and blanket the receivers on 3rd down. Peyton had all day to throw, but couldn't get rid of the ball because the coverage was excellent. He can't run, so it completely disrupted their offense.

That seems to a viable plan, especially if Noshow is sitting with that injury...

The Bad Guy
11-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Usually Athan is a dipshit and I don't read into anything he says, but he made an interesting point yesterday. If Houston can't go, would moving Zombo inside to play the run and putting DJ on the edge to rush the passer and help in coverage be an option?

That's a really horrendous idea. Completely awful.

Strongside
11-26-2013, 10:26 AM
If Moreno can't go, which I think he will, it completely changes this game.

trndobrd
11-26-2013, 10:29 AM

Zombo has played and practiced most of his career, and all of his time in the KC system, at OLB. So he his going to just pick up all the calls, reads and schemes of ILB in a week?

At the same time, we take the guy in the middle of a career year at ILB and just drop him in at OLB a few days before playing the Denver Peytons in the most important game of the year?

Your assessment of Athan is correct.

Sorter
11-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Let me see if I understand this correctly.

Athan suggested moving Frank Zombo, a 3-4 OLB who is 6'3/245 inside to play as a 3-4 DE (typically 290+)? Then to follow that incredible brilliance, he suggested moving Derrick to OLB, a position he's never played before?

This might be the dumbest thing I've read.

Sorter
11-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Zombo has played and practiced most of his career, and all of his time in the KC system, at OLB. So he his going to just pick up all the calls, reads and schemes of ILB in a week?

At the same time, we take the guy in the middle of a career year at ILB and just drop him in at OLB a few days before playing the Denver Peytons in the most important game of the year?

Your assessment of Athan is correct.

Didn't even think about reading it as a move to ILB but that's equally moronic.

Step 1: Move arguably the best player on our defense to a new position.
Step 2: Replace him with someone who's never played that position before.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

/Athan.

ThaVirus
11-26-2013, 10:37 AM
I assumed he meant moving Zombo to ILB and DJ to OLB.

If he actually meant moving Zombo to DE then lawdd jayzusss help me help meh please!

morphius
11-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Let me see if I understand this correctly.

Athan suggested moving Frank Zombo, a 3-4 OLB who is 6'3/245 inside to play as a 3-4 DE (typically 290+)? Then to follow that incredible brilliance, he suggested moving Derrick to OLB, a position he's never played before?

This might be the dumbest thing I've read.
He meant switching Zombo to ILB, not DE.

I actually had a similar thought, wasn't sure if we had anyone else who could play ILB, but we might need someone to create pass rush and right now the only ones who can seem to do it are DJ and Berry.

Sorter
11-26-2013, 10:39 AM
I assumed he meant moving Zombo to ILB and DJ to OLB.

If he actually meant moving Zombo to DE then lawdd jayzusss help me help meh please!

ROFL

Sorter
11-26-2013, 10:40 AM
He meant switching Zombo to ILB, not DE.

I actually had a similar thought, wasn't sure if we had anyone else who could play ILB, but we might need someone to create pass rush and right now the only ones who can seem to do it are DJ and Berry.

We should definitely do it. Berry and DJ as our OLBs, no can defense.

Ace Gunner
11-26-2013, 10:41 AM

and take him out of primary run stopper responsibility? I think you're playing with fire. there just isn't enough talent behind this front seven. making a move like this could make three positions weak instead of two.

ThaVirus
11-26-2013, 10:42 AM
LMAO While we're on topic, Berry had a monster edge rush on the 3rd down conversion Rivers threw to Gates on their final drive. It was a thing of beauty but, obviously, he didn't get there in time...

Sorter
11-26-2013, 10:44 AM
New idea, move Bowe to RB. He's great after the catch, surely he can play RB.

trndobrd
11-26-2013, 10:47 AM

Colquitt probably has some speed off the edge.

morphius
11-26-2013, 10:48 AM
We should definitely do it. Berry and DJ as our OLBs, no can defense.
Ha. I wouldn't move Berry from Safety, he might be the only one that can take an angle. I have mixed feeling on moving DJ, he is tackling so well. Maybe something to do when they go empty backfield.

Earthling
11-26-2013, 10:48 AM

Manning was throwing against that wind for nearly 3 full quarters that game. I'm just curious how much of an impact that had. That being said, I think you might be right, at least if we are able to get good coverage on the receivers.

Sorter
11-26-2013, 10:49 AM

This might be the best idea ever. The MVP will/would dominate all left tackles.

Strongside
11-26-2013, 11:00 AM
If there's one thing I've learned about CP, it's that the quickest way to get everyone's panties in a bunch is to mention an idea proposed by Nick Athan. LMAO

Strongside
11-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Just said on 610 that Houston WILL miss Sunday's game. No sense in dwelling on it now. Guys have to step up and play.

Nightfyre
11-26-2013, 11:06 AM

If there's one thing I've learned about CP, it's that the quickest way to get everyone's panties in a bunch is to mention an idea proposed by Nick Athan. LMAO

Maybe if you knew the difference between an "interesting idea" and a retarded one, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I know it has already been hammered, but Athan is being a fucktard. Zombo played well against SD. Moses, on the other hand, should be given directions to the waiver wire.

ChiTown
11-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Okay, Houston is out. If Tamba is able to play at 90% or better, I think we still have a shot. Without him, the Browncow's will put up close to 50 points and roll us.

We need some sustained ball-controlled drives - lots of Charles. Only shot in this game is to limit the number of opportunities that Manning has to take the field. Mother****er has to be looking at our D and licking his chops like a fat-man at a free BBQ Buffet.

Strongside
11-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Maybe if you knew the difference between an "interesting idea" and a retarded one, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I know it has already been hammered, but Athan is being a ****tard. Zombo played well against SD. Moses, on the other hand, should be given directions to the waiver wire.

I didn't say it was a good idea, bro. I said it was interesting.

ThaVirus
11-26-2013, 11:11 AM

LMAO Excellent.

ptlyon
11-26-2013, 11:16 AM
I'd prefer we trade for Novak, he had 3 tackles against us Sunday

Jakemall
11-26-2013, 11:49 AM
To move an OLB to ILB in the middle of the season would obviously be dumb unless you simply didn't have the bodies, but I've seen LBs switched to play inside vs outside and do very well. Usually they have an offseason to learn the new position though.

ChiefRocka
11-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Vrabel?

HemiEd
11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Vrabel?

Great idea! He is probably all rested up and fast as heck now.

Discuss Thrower
11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Just said on 610 that Houston WILL miss Sunday's game. No sense in dwelling on it now. Guys have to step up and play.

9-3.

ChiefRocka
11-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Great idea! He is probably all rested up and fast as heck now.

Fasest hands in the East :D

Ace Gunner
11-26-2013, 11:58 AM
bye bye division title

Strongside
11-26-2013, 12:00 PM
9-3.

Which would have been your prediction regardless.

Discuss Thrower
11-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Which would have been your prediction regardless.

They'll be lucky to beat Oakland and Washington at this point. You have to know Pagano will right the ship on the 22nd and the Colts will blow the Chiefs' less than stellar defense out of the water.

Strongside
11-26-2013, 12:04 PM
They'll be lucky to beat Oakland and Washington at this point. You have to know Pagano will right the ship on the 22nd and the Colts will blow the Chiefs' less than stellar defense out of the water.

You can't be serious. Do you even follow the sport you're supposedly a fan of? Washington is HORRIBLE...Jacksonville bad. Oakland is done as well.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2013, 12:06 PM

Sarcasm?

ThaVirus
11-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Morose comes to mind when I think of Discuss Thrower.

I literally imagine Eeyore at a computer desk whenever I read his posts.

Strongside
11-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Broncos sideline reporter apparently expressed serious concern about Vickerson being out this week. Saying it's a huge blow to the team and could be bad news against Charles.

kc rush
11-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Manning was throwing against that wind for nearly 3 full quarters that game. I'm just curious how much of an impact that had. That being said, I think you might be right, at least if we are able to get good coverage on the receivers.

:hmmm: hmm, interesting idea. Lets hand out paper fans to the crowd and have them wave the fans to create a mighty wind in the face of Manning whatever direction he is throwing./Athan

Discuss Thrower
11-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Sarcasm?

The Redskins did pretty well against Denver until they went braindead and abandoned the running game. Oakland is still a road division game.

Saying that any of the 5 remaining games on the schedule as easy wins seems like wishful thinking.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Broncos sideline reporter apparently expressed serious concern about Vickerson being out this week. Saying it's a huge blow to the team and could be bad news against Charles.

Yeahhhhhhhh !

MagicHef
11-26-2013, 12:11 PM

Vickerson dislocated his hip and is out for at least the regular season.

Strongside
11-26-2013, 12:12 PM
The Redskins did pretty well against Denver until they went braindead and abandoned the running game. Oakland is still a road division game.

Saying that any of the 5 remaining games on the schedule as easy wins seems like wishful thinking.

Dude. They are talking about firing their coach, benching their all-word quarterback and blowing up the entire roster in Washington. That team is trending downward at a record pace.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Why isn't Catapano in this discussion ????

Discuss Thrower
11-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Morose comes to mind when I think of Discuss Thrower.

I literally imagine Eeyore at a computer desk whenever I read his posts.

Don't sleep on Eeyore's marketability tho.

I'm sorry but I just don't see a lot to be optimistic about given the body of evidence since the Texans game. 1 sack in about a month combined with what looks like a very mediocre secondary outside of Berry and only about 6 quarters out of the last 16 or so where the offense looked productive.

Strongside
11-26-2013, 12:14 PM
Vickerson dislocated his hip and is out for at least the regular season.

It certainly allows us to single up on his replacement and focus our support on Miller and the edge rush. This will open draw plays and a/b gap runs tremendously. If Schwartz and Stephenson start again (they did a tremendous job run blocking last week) we should have a significant chance to do damage with the ground game.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2013, 12:15 PM

Did you watch the Redskins last night?

The Colts over the past three weeks?

The Raiders, well at all, this season?

The Chiefs have lost to a very good Bronco team, put up 38 and lost by 3 after losing their best three defensive players against a very good Chargers offense.

If you believe that the Chiefs will suddenly lose to a pair of awful football teams in the Redskins and Raiders and fall to a team that's been blownout by 30+ in two out of the past three weeks, you're watching a different Chiefs team than I am this season.

MagicHef
11-26-2013, 12:15 PM

Because he has 57 total snaps and 1 tackle this season.

I don't think your coaches like him very much at this point.

ThaVirus
11-26-2013, 12:21 PM

The Chiefs have lost to a very good Bronco team, put up 38 and lost by 3 after losing their best three defensive players against a very good Chargers offense.

If you believe that the Chiefs will suddenly lose to a pair of awful football teams in the Redskins and Raiders and fall to a team that's been blownout by 30+ in two out of the past three weeks, you're watching a different Chiefs team than I am this season.

Yep. We'll probably lose against Denver this week but I'm not abandoning ship yet.

If we do win against Denver, it'll be on the arm of Alex Smith and after yesterday's stellar performance, that'll be enough to rejoice in our future prospects.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Because he has 57 total snaps and 1 tackle this season.

I don't think your coaches like him very much at this point.

You're a damn Liar. He has 2 Tackles and 1 sack. The coaches love him and are probably just saving him for the SuperBowl.

Strongside
11-26-2013, 12:23 PM
You're a damn Liar. He has 2 Tackles and 1 sack. The coaches love him and are probably just saving him for the SuperBowl.

Not unlike our former secret weapon, Kris Wilson.

BossChief
11-26-2013, 12:23 PM

So now not only is Keenan Allen better than Bowe, SDs skill position guys are better than ours, but Devito is better than Berry, DJ, Flowers and Poe?

Haha ok

BossChief
11-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Yep. We'll probably lose against Denver this week but I'm not abandoning ship yet.

If we do win against Denver, it'll be on the arm of Alex Smith and after yesterday's stellar performance, that'll be enough rejoice in our future prospects.

Bingo.

Alex will be going into this one KNOWING he needs to play the best game of his career for us to have a chance. Against Denver's defense, it's possible that's exactly what happens, too.

Our offense will need to score at least 38 to win. Probably more.

TEX
11-26-2013, 12:27 PM

Exactly. I still think KC goes 12-4 when it's all said and done. Don't think they win the West though...

TEX
11-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Bingo.

Alex will be going into this one KNOWING he needs to play the best game of his career for us to have a chance. Against Denver's defense, it's possible that's exactly what happens, too.

Wouldn't it be something if Manning goes down to even the odds...:hmmm:

Strongside
11-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Bingo.

I think we win 28 24.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2013, 12:32 PM
So now not only is Keenan Allen better than Bowe, SDs skill position guys are better than ours, but Devito is better than Berry, DJ, Flowers and Poe?

Haha ok

Yes, yes and you know what I mean.

If you don't believe that Allen, Green and Gates are better than Bowe, McGrath and Fasano, you view football much differently than I do.

Ace Gunner
11-26-2013, 12:33 PM

he's more of a hand in the dirt pass rusher imo. he was brought in to usher the switch later.

ThaVirus
11-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Before the Chargers game I was saying we'd win 23-20.

With Houston out and Hali banged up, I don't expect us to hold them under 30. If Alex and the rest of the offense can play another game like they did last week, we may just have a shot at this one.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Before the Chargers game I was saying we'd win 23-20.

With Houston out and Hali banged up, I don't expect us to hold them under 30. If Alex and the rest of the offense can play another game like they did last week, we may just have a shot at this one.

After last week's showing by both the Chiefs and Broncos, nothing would surprise me.

That said, if the weather holds (high of 51, low of 41), it favors Manning.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-26-2013, 12:38 PM

So much reason here. Refreshing.

BossChief
11-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Yes, yes and you know what I mean.

If you don't believe that Allen, Green and Gates are better than Bowe, McGrath and Fasano, you view football much differently than I do.

Charles, Bowe, Avery, McCluster and Fasano > Woodhead, broke dick Gates, Allen and ummm who else do they have again.

I guess I do watch different games than you because there is no way I'd trade our skill position guys for theirs.

SAUTO
11-26-2013, 12:42 PM
This.
The Chiefs are not going to win the Division anyway.

link?

mcaj22
11-26-2013, 12:42 PM
it didnt look like that on Sunday with Danny Woodhead juking Sean Smith out of his jock in the flat not once but twice

BossChief
11-26-2013, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't trade Bowe and Charles for every skill position player SD as.

TEX
11-26-2013, 12:56 PM
link?

No link needed. It was an opinion. Do the math with the tie-breakers. Besides, do you believe everything you read?

Strongside
11-26-2013, 12:58 PM
No link needed. It was an opinion. Do the math with the tie-breakers. Besides, do you believe everything you read?

If we win Sunday, that's the only fucking tie breaker we need. It's called a better record.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Charles, Bowe, Avery, McCluster and Fasano > Woodhead, broke dick Gates, Allen and ummm who else do they have again.

I guess I do watch different games than you because there is no way I'd trade our skill position guys for theirs.

I never said anything about Charles, so I'm not sure why you're including him.

And even a "broke dick" Gates shreds a "broke dick" Fasano. And Green is by far a better all around TE than McGrath.

McCluster.

LMAO

BossChief
11-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Hahaha

I listed Charles because he is a "skill position player" which is what THE WHOLE DISCUSSION IS ABOUT.

If you're going to be a dick, at least try to follow along in the conversation.

The real question is why you would compare Woodhead and McCluster.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Any updates? Instead we get another dick measuring contest.

J Diddy
11-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Hahaha

I listed Charles because he is a "skill position player" which is what THE WHOLE DISCUSSION IS ABOUT.

Easy thing to do.

Like nobody has ever heard the old phrase "he McClusterfucked her with his Woodhead"

penbrook
11-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Any updates? Instead we get another dick measuring contest.

Hali is day to day as Houston is week to week.

Hali will probably play this weekend as Houston is unlikely.

Rausch
11-26-2013, 06:26 PM

I guess I do watch different games.

Clearly you don't.

Keenan Allen? Eddie Royal? Ladarius Green?

mcaj22
11-26-2013, 06:28 PM
the Chargers (at Full Health being the constant)

would have

Rivers
Woodhead
Mathews
Gates
Green
Floyd
Alexander
Allen
Royal

that is a lot of mismatch nightmares. But that is why they are 5-6, they are injury prone and they lose their balance/talent

They are much better weapon wise at full health. We have a huge drop off after Smith and Charles. Huge. I would cut ties with anyone else on the Chiefs offense for whatever the Chargers have there in a second. Allen for Bowe? Gates/Green for Fasano/McGrath? Woodhead for McCluster/Davis? Alexander/Floyd/Royal for Avery? Yea, definitely.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Hahaha

"Discussion"?

:facepalm:

Three7s
11-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Gotta side with Dane on this one. Other than Charles, SD has us beat by a mile with skill position players.

Titty Meat
11-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Ladrius Green is a stud. Better than anyone on our offense outside bowe/charles

MahiMike
11-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Gates is washed up. KC didn't get the memo and double teamed him for some reason.

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Gates is washed up. KC didn't get the memo and double teamed him for some reason.

LMAO

Your posts are always good for a laugh.

Gates has 59 catches for 685 yards and 4 TD's this season.

Washed up? No.

Coach
11-26-2013, 07:52 PM

SD's receivers > Chiefs receivers by a long mile.

Sorry, got to side with Dane here. McCluster is a joke, and I hate him when he's dancing around and trying to do that stupid spin crap move. He needs to be let go after this season, and find someone who's an upgrade over him at the slot and return game.

Bowe isn't the Bowe of old that we all know. He has regressed to a point. I'd take Allen over Bowe.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2013, 08:05 PM
The amount of people who believe Bowe is regressing simply because his numbers are down is hilarious.

Alex Smith is like a Sith Lord, clouding everyone's minds from the truth.

Rausch
11-26-2013, 08:09 PM
The amount of people who believe Bowe is regressing simply because his numbers are down is hilarious.

Does Alex Smith have anything to do with YAC?...

Dante84
11-26-2013, 08:31 PM
hey, cum gluttons, what's the word on Devito?

AussieChiefsFan
11-26-2013, 08:31 PM
hey, cum gluttons, what's the word on Devito?Didn't the tweet say we needed to wait 'til Wednesday to know?

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2013, 09:03 PM

More proof that you're either trolling or don't know a fucking thing about football.

(For the record, I select option 1 & 2).

If you think that Bowe is as effective as a player like Josh Gordon or Keenan Allen, you don't know what you're watching.

Which of course, has been proven time and time again all season, so your comments shouldn't come as any surprise.

Hammock Parties
11-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Dane you are wise. So wise. And handsome, rich and well-hung, too.

Mr. Laz
11-26-2013, 09:47 PM
we are weak at offensive skill positions, both Denver and San Diego are better.

This myth that QB is the only thing holding us back needs to die.

ThaVirus
11-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Does Alex Smith have anything to do with YAC?...

Actually he does. If he doesn't hit his guys in stride it makes it a lot harder for them to rack up YAC.

Rausch
11-27-2013, 03:10 AM
Actually he does. If he doesn't hit his guys in stride it makes it a lot harder for them to rack up YAC.

So he's the reason Bowe's YAC numbers are through the floor?...