PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs OMG Sutton, why are we paying you?!?

ChiefRocka
12-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Hasn't changed a damn thing all game. Few blitzes. Single man all game long. And you look like a four eyed fool with no answers. Congrats!!

MeatRock
12-01-2013, 05:56 PM
The Chiefs defense needs to start leg whipping players.

Ceej
12-01-2013, 05:57 PM
He will be by after the game to answer your question.

MahiMike
12-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Was just saying the same thing. Cooper should have been out an hour ago, all week to prepare for a 2 punt game.

mcaj22
12-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Sutton hasnt made adjustments in like 3 weeks

his success is inflated by relying too much on Hali and Houston and beating up on inexperienced back up QBs

hes been exposed

GoChargers
12-01-2013, 06:00 PM
He's still better than John Pagano.

Dayze
12-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Greg Robinson is his brother in law

ChiefRocka
12-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Address cooper

ChiefRocka
12-01-2013, 06:28 PM
DEXTER

Easy 6
12-01-2013, 06:29 PM
This threads licks my nuts, he's doing what he can with what he has.

Houston is a bigger loss than you think, Rocka.

Easy 6
12-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Address cooper

In spite of his rookie mental lapses, he's a FAR better physical matchup outside... there, its addressed.

Great Expectations
12-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Sutton has dropped way too many passes.

mcaj22
12-01-2013, 06:32 PM
what he has is a bunch of first and second round picks in the front seven and makes no adjustments

you act like the defense hasnt been draft pick and free agent invested the last 6 years

he doesnt just get a pass

ChiefRocka
12-01-2013, 06:40 PM
In spite of his rookie mental lapses, he's a FAR better physical matchup outside... there, its addressed.

You're joking right? Cooper needed help in the first qtr.

Easy 6
12-01-2013, 06:42 PM
You're joking right? Cooper needed help in the first qtr.

He is a FAR better physical size/speed matchup outside than Flowers, just take it and deal with it.

I'm wrong sometimes too, but not right now.

ChiefRocka
12-01-2013, 06:44 PM
How about double him...4TDs says otherwise boss.

GloucesterChief
12-01-2013, 06:49 PM
At least try blitzing and telling your defense to hit Peyton no matter what. I would trade a few personal fouls early on for bad and scared Peyton coming out.

beach tribe
12-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Sutton hasnt made adjustments in like 3 weeks

his success is inflated by relying too much on Hali and Houston and beating up on inexperienced back up QBs

hes been exposed

He has stopped blitzing, and when he has it has been effective.

Mind Bottling shit. This is Romeos gameplan and the very reason we looked like a totally different D has been taken out of the plan.

Not one overload blitz in weeks.

reschief
12-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Any adjustment that would show an attaempt to win would have been nice.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-01-2013, 06:53 PM
And Gunther is having a career year.

reschief
12-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Will the KC media even ask why no adjustment was even tried?

Psyko Tek
12-01-2013, 06:55 PM
This threads licks my nuts, he's doing what he can with what he has.

Houston is a bigger loss than you think, Rocka.

we were sucking as a D without houston
the early sacks were flukes
never makes adjustments at half

yup Grob draws up game plans with him

Red Dawg
12-01-2013, 06:56 PM
He is not doing a good job but if you can't man up and win one on one at the line of scrimmage then you can't beat Manning. He has too many options.

tonyetony
12-01-2013, 07:00 PM
How you don't give Cooper help over the top after giving up 3 TD'S is just freaking ridiculous. Demps, Abdullah and Lewis were basically unused in the 2nd half. Unbelievable really.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Sutton = Gunther Cunningham. It's an all or nothing defense. They make no adjustments when getting beat.

FloridaMan88
12-01-2013, 07:05 PM
New England all but gave the Chiefs the blueprint for how to contain Denver's passing game.

Yet Sutton doesn't give a shit, and keeps his free falling defense status quo.

SoCalBronco
12-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Hire Mark D'Onofrio.

Profit.

bricks
12-01-2013, 07:07 PM
How you don't give Cooper help over the top after 3 TD'S is just freaking ridiculous. Demps, Abdullah and Lewis were basically unused in the 2nd half. Unbelievable really.

Yup.

I didn't understand that at all either.

tk13
12-01-2013, 07:08 PM
We have allowed an average of 480 yards/game the last 4 weeks. I know it's an offensive league but that's still horrible.

Just look at the fact the Patriots held Manning to 150 yards last week, we let him go crazy. Rivers destroyed us last week, the Bengals held him to 10 points at home today. I think this is really the biggest story with this team right now but it's probably being glossed over a bit. You aren't winning anything with that kind of defensive performance.

FloridaMan88
12-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Hire Mark D'Onofrio.

Profit.

Ha… I forgot what good defense looks like watching Miami and the Chiefs the past month.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2013, 07:10 PM
We have allowed an average of 480 yards/game the last 4 weeks. I know it's an offensive league but that's still horrible.

Just look at the fact the Patriots held Manning to 150 yards last week, we let him go crazy. Rivers destroyed us last week, the Bengals held him to 10 points at home today. I think this is really the biggest story with this team right now but it's probably being glossed over a bit. You aren't winning anything with that kind of defensive performance.

Agreed. Our secondary can't cover and appear to have little speed.

Red Dawg
12-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Our elite defense is gone. Sacks left and so did the rest. Can't stop anyone.

Jimmya
12-01-2013, 07:24 PM
ESPN "it is mind numbing that you don't double Decker or bring pressure, wow"

notorious
12-01-2013, 08:00 PM
34 mother fucking points/game against QB's that aren't pieces of shit.

Sutton can go impale himself on an AIDS cactus.

tecumseh
12-01-2013, 08:08 PM
We are completely deficient at DB. Lewis, Abdullah are just not NFL material. Sutton runs way too much man coverage. He's just an average coach with primo pass rushers. So , I agree with the OP.

Priest31kc
12-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Chris Wesseling @ChrisWesseling
Chiefs D had 35 sacks in first 7 weeks, just 2 in last 6 weeks

How is that even possible? Just wow.

TEX
12-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Sutton = Gunther Cunningham. It's an all or nothing defense. They make no adjustments when getting beat.

This.

Jimmya
12-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Radio talking about Denver using 6 & 7 man protection versus 3 & 4 man fronts. Manning destroyed chief secondary with 3 man routes.....wow!

mikey23545
12-01-2013, 08:50 PM

Reediculous.

It's all Alex Smiff's fault.

Remember to always spell his last name "Smiff". If you're talking about him with someone, pronounce it "Smiff". This shows you have a great football acumen.

mikey23545
12-01-2013, 08:52 PM
We are completely deficient at DB. Lewis, Abdullah and Flowers are just not NFL material. Sutton runs way too much man coverage. He's just an average coach with primo pass rushers. So , I agree with the OP.

FYP

dannybcaitlyn
12-01-2013, 09:05 PM
If Sutton is in over his head who does he turn to for help? Reid pretty much just lets his d-cord handle that side of things, and he focus primarily on the offense. Gunther had Marty. NE d-cord has the Hoodie.

T-post Tom
12-01-2013, 09:52 PM

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=AXPLgWGylMw-jM&tbnid=sAuFq92rZNaN3M:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tumblr.com%2F95b3d28cceed730aef22e10d10a07eda%2Ftumblr_inline_mtwgmsaZAr1roim hz.gif&ei=8QOcUvWYMoPhoATG24HIBg&psig=AFQjCNGqX2TmrrCZVY8IwpfhtIBpIF86yQ&ust=1386042737894252

T-post Tom
12-01-2013, 09:58 PM
No originality or game time adjustments. O-lines have figured out that our d-line is a one trick pony and made the adjustment. No response from Sutton to this point. :banghead:

penguinz
12-01-2013, 10:01 PM
New England all but gave the Chiefs the blueprint for how to contain Denver's passing game.

Yet Sutton doesn't give a shit, and keeps his free falling defense status quo.Sutton was supposed to make it cold with really strong winds?

rabblerouser
12-01-2013, 10:15 PM
How you don't give Cooper help over the top after giving up 3 TD'S is just freaking ridiculous. Demps, Abdullah and Lewis were basically unused in the 2nd half. Unbelievable really.

those 3 guys were constantly out of position, caught in a poor angle, and (especially for Abdullah) continually overrunning in pursuit or biting on play fakes.

The S who plays opposite Berry is DOGSHIT, no matter which one it is. So it doesn't matter which CB is getting thrown at; rest assured that whoever has that backside contain will most certainly be caught shitting the bed with their pants around their ankles. Which is really what happened today - Cooper got toasted, sure...but he wasn't really caught out of position a whole bunch. He got beat when he expected (or required) safety help. Just like Flowers.

mcaj22
12-01-2013, 10:17 PM
they either need to draft a ****ing in the box LBer to STAY OUT THERE ON PASSING DOWNS (like Narvarro Bowman+Pat Willis, Kuechly+Davis or what Denver does with their two LBers) so we dont have to slide Berry down in the box as a LBer and leave him as a deep pass covering safety

or draft a ****ing pass covering ball hawking centerfielder.

CallMeSquidwad
12-01-2013, 11:23 PM
This must be addressed. Sutton doesn't seem willing to correct a bad game plan so far this year, we're stickin to our gun. Which can be a good thing against teams like Buffalo who will eventually crack, but it is clearly not cuttin it against high caliber offenses.

The Bad Guy
12-01-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm concerned about Sutton now. Doesn't make in-game adjustments often over the last few weeks. Halftime adjustments out the window.

I can understand not playing more zone coverage, but there's no excuse to why he just sticks to his plan when players are getting torched.

xztop123
12-02-2013, 01:41 AM
I think the team would be much better off leaving Flowers at the edge and playing Daunta and drafting a nickle in the offseason. Cooper was a mistake, he was the one inflated by the poor QB's we played.

chiefzilla1501
12-02-2013, 01:59 AM
I'm concerned about Sutton now. Doesn't make in-game adjustments often over the last few weeks. Halftime adjustments out the window.

I can understand not playing more zone coverage, but there's no excuse to why he just sticks to his plan when players are getting torched.

I dunno... The fact is that our secondary has enormous liabilities with Demps and Lewis out there. And Cooper is raw, and there are matchups like today where he is in way over his head. He's working with what he's got. I can't imagine playing zone coverage with the douche nozzles we have at safety. Our safeties (I'll call Demps a Safety) are too slow to make a play, and too stupid to even make the right read. I just don't think adjustments are going to help. Rivers and Peyton are going to expose any weaknesses that bad, regardless of your scheme.

Just Passin' By
12-02-2013, 02:34 AM
Playing straight man with DBs that miss their chuck attempts at the line, and not getting to the QB, is a perfect recipe for allowing good QBs to light you up. The Patriots let the Broncos run on them and protected against the deep pass. I have no idea what Sutton was trying to do, unless it was to prove to the HC that he's not very good at adapting.

chiefzilla1501
12-02-2013, 02:56 AM
Playing straight man with DBs that miss their chuck attempts at the line, and not getting to the QB, is a perfect recipe for allowing good QBs to light you up. The Patriots let the Broncos run on them and protected against the deep pass. I have no idea what Sutton was trying to do, unless it was to prove to the HC that he's not very good at adapting.

I've resigned myself to the fact that every offense has a huge bullseye on the back of Cooper, Lewis, and Demps, and the best we can do is just hide it. I don't know how you can protect against the deep pass whether running zone, man, or putting 15 people on the field if our Safeties are consistently misreading, out of position, or showing up to provide help 5 seconds too late.

Cooper is going to get better with time. Lewis and Demps... we just have to grit our teeth and wait until next year when we hopefully replace them.

Danguardace
12-02-2013, 03:49 AM
At what point did the Chiefs Defense contract the AIDS Virus?

I am going with the Houston Texans game.. just been down hill from the there.

jspchief
12-02-2013, 07:09 AM

It's inexcusable. Sutton is being exposed. He's been grossly outcoached the last 4 or 5 games.

ChiefRocka
12-02-2013, 07:48 AM
What baffles the shit out of me is that when we blitzed, it worked and Peyton sucked. WTF am I missing?!?

jspchief
12-02-2013, 08:45 AM
What baffles the shit out of me is that when we blitzed, it worked and Peyton sucked. WTF am I missing?!?

Yeah, because we don't want to get burned by Manning on the blitz, so we'll sit back and give up 250 yards passing in the 3rd quarter by not blitzing.

It's ****ing mind numbing. Both of Denver's losses included a lot of pressure on Manning. We blitz early and force Manning into 2 ints, then choose to go passive and get our assholes excavated.

GloryDayz
12-02-2013, 08:54 AM
He's fine. He's super-awesome at what he does I'm sure. He's playing the hand that was dealt him with the cunning skills of a poker-ace...

http://www.mindsetopia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/meditation-animal-Favim.jpg

Jimmya
12-02-2013, 08:57 AM
He had the same issues under Mangini .....so Mangini reassigned him to linebackers.

chiefzilla1501
12-02-2013, 09:07 AM

We didn't hit Peyton just because we blitzed. In many cases, the blitz was picked up (the running backs played pretty excellent in pass pro). In others we got to Peyton with creative stunts. I don't think we played passive at all throughout the game. Peyton is the best in the game at adjusting protections and hitting his hot routes.

chiefzilla1501
12-02-2013, 09:11 AM
He had the same issues under Mangini .....so Mangini reassigned him to linebackers.

Umm.. What? It was well known that mangini basically ran that defense, and mangini did not demote him. Mangini was fired and Sutton was the only defensive coach they left on the staff.

CallMeSquidwad
12-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Hasn't changed a damn thing all game. Few blitzes. Single man all game long. And you look like a four eyed fool with no answers. Congrats!!

Die slowly.... I love it we go from best coaching staff in the league, coach of the year, to 3 losses in a row and now all of these "real fans" are already jumping ship....I hope you eat sand.

loochy
12-02-2013, 09:21 AM
those 3 guys were constantly out of position, caught in a poor angle, and (especially for Abdullah) continually overrunning in pursuit or biting on play fakes.

The S who plays opposite Berry is DOGSHIT, no matter which one it is. So it doesn't matter which CB is getting thrown at; rest assured that whoever has that backside contain will most certainly be caught shitting the bed with their pants around their ankles. Which is really what happened today - Cooper got toasted, sure...but he wasn't really caught out of position a whole bunch. He got beat when he expected (or required) safety help. Just like Flowers.

THIS

WTF SAFETIES?!?!

How can you get beat deep OVER AND OVER

JFC

Jimmya
12-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Sutton will be fired by the end of next year.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-02-2013, 02:35 PM
The 6 DB defense isn't working. Berry is essentially a LB.

ChiefRocka
12-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Die slowly.... I love it we go from best coaching staff in the league, coach of the year, to 3 losses in a row and now all of these "real fans" are already jumping ship....I hope you eat sand.

Take that thumb out of your brown starfish and suck on it for me. Proof is in the pudding!

Raiduhs Raiduhs Raiduhs

BlackHelicopters
12-02-2013, 03:07 PM
He is a FAR better physical size/speed matchup outside than Flowers, just take it and deal with it.

I'm wrong sometimes too, but not right now.

He is our Dick LeBeau

KCFaninSEA
12-02-2013, 05:03 PM
I hope this defense starts learning how to stop somebody on 3rd and long. I think they should have blitzed Manning more on 3rd down but that can come with a price. In the end it didn't matter if they would have got burned on the 3rd and long with a blitz as they gave up 7 anyway.

Sorter
12-02-2013, 07:11 PM
He is our Wade Phillips

Fixed.

Only we have no 3 tech. So...

Jimmya
12-02-2013, 08:16 PM
NFL network showed that chiefs have the worst defense in the league the last 3 games. Heck, why not bring the heat, apparently it can't get much worse.

rabblerouser
12-02-2013, 09:11 PM
He is our Dick LeBeau

wrong; LeBeau call blitzes with zone coverages, as opposed to the almost strictly man coverages Sutton has had us utilizing all season. LeBeau actually bases his defensive philosophy on it, and calls it the zone-blitz. Go figure.

chiefzilla1501
12-02-2013, 09:20 PM
wrong; LeBeau call blitzes with zone coverages, as opposed to the almost strictly man coverages Sutton has had us utilizing all season. LeBeau actually bases his defensive philosophy on it, and calls it the zone-blitz. Go figure.

And despite having uber talented defenses, Lebeau is only 1-6 against Peyton Manning. Which is why the answer isn't as easy as saying the Chiefs need to play more zone.

Jimmya
12-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Chiefs have dropped to #21 on defense. ..wow! You can't blame one free safety on this death spiral.

chiefzilla1501
12-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Chiefs have dropped to #21 on defense. ..wow! You can't blame one free safety on this death spiral.

You can blame missing two pro bowl outside linebackers, and playing Peyton Manning twice. RGIII will be a good test of whether we're really in a death spiral, or if it can be fixed with more experience from Cooper, a healthy Houston/Hali, and a more rested D-line.

notorious
12-02-2013, 09:38 PM
"You can't sack them? Your defense can't stop shit, YOU ARE SHIT, SO HIT THE BRICKS, PAL, BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING OUT!"

http://www.monologuedb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Alec-Baldwin-Glengarry-Glen-Ross.jpg

rabblerouser
12-03-2013, 06:18 AM
And despite having uber talented defenses, Lebeau is only 1-6 against Peyton Manning. Which is why the answer isn't as easy as saying the Chiefs need to play more zone.

yeah, at least he got him once. What's Sutton's record vs. Manning now?? 0-9??

Hey, I know it's not as easy as 'play more zone'. I think they should be watching tape of how Belicheck beat Manning all those times...but we know how he did it - being physical with the recievers at the line, consistant DB play, and knocking Peyton on his ass...but he also called lots of zone in that process.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-03-2013, 06:51 AM

That's pretty much where I'm at, and the reason I wasn't ready to crown the guy after the first 9 games. I expected our defense to do well, maybe not as well as they did but we knew we had a lot of talent on defense. All those pro bowlers after a 2-14 season was the proof.

Jets fans gave us a glimpse into some of this. It shouldn't come as a surprise considering people were telling us weeks ago that this was going to happen. He doesn't game plan worth a shit, and adjustments are over his head. He does what he does and hopes his players perform. When they don't, he's out of his depth.

ChiefRocka
12-03-2013, 08:34 AM
I felt like I was watching the movie Tin Cup instead of the Chiefs game on Sunday, only the ball never went in the cup.

T-post Tom
12-03-2013, 08:59 AM
"You can't sack them? Your defense can't stop shit, YOU ARE SHIT, SO HIT THE BRICKS, PAL, BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING OUT!"

http://www.monologuedb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Alec-Baldwin-Glengarry-Glen-Ross.jpg

Put. That gatorade. Down. Gatorade's for football players only. You think I'm f***ing with you? I am not f***ing with you. I'm here from the stadium apartment. I'm here from the Clarks. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's Lewis? You call yourself a safety you son of a bitch?