PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Well . . . it could have been worse

Silock
12-01-2013, 06:59 PM
From 2-14 to 9-0 and then 3 straight losses. At least the losses weren't blowouts.

I'm not happy right now, but at least I see some progress from the organization.

Ceej
12-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Yeah.

At least our entire team didn't tear their ACLs too.

KC_Connection
They just wasted a golden opportunity at an actual playoff run over the last 3 weeks. Not sure how it could get much worse from that perspective.

Three7s
Just sucks having to go on the road in the playoffs. Oh well.

mnchiefsguy
12-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Not happy either. Everything worked against us today. Can't blame the refs for losing, but they sure as hell did not call a fair game either. Was almost a great comeback. Fact is, this team still needs a lot of talent to get to the next level. Even as a 5 seed, I think the team can be competitive and win a playoff game. Cincy and Indy do not scare me. Get a playoff win this year, and continue to improve the teams talent. Progress has been made, but it needs to continue to be made as well.

Silock
They just wasted a golden opportunity at an actual playoff run over the last 3 weeks. Not sure how it could get much worse from that perspective.

0-12 would be worse. We weren't going to win the Super Bowl this year, anyway.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
and yet this team is cap-strapped, they had a shitty 2013 draft, lose another pick in 2014, and still have too many holes. This is probably as good as it gets.

petegz28

we weren't even supposed to be in the playoffs this year

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:03 PM
They just wasted a golden opportunity at an actual playoff run over the last 3 weeks. Not sure how it could get much worse from that perspective.GOT OVER .500!!!

BE HAPPY!!!

DURRRR!!!!

TambaBerry
12-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Blame this loss on dropped passes. Even with how bad the defense played you have to come up with those catches.

KC_Connection
12-01-2013, 07:04 PM
You're not going to get too many better opportunities at winning one than what was just handed to the Chiefs 3 weeks ago.

In the long run, this kind of 1-and-done likely playoff season just paves the way for more mediocrity to me.

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Do you people really feel this fucking way?

We've lucked into the best start in a decade and pissed away our division and home field in three games.

And then we're supposed to choke down this "AT LEAST WE'RE BETTER THAN LAST YEAR" bullshit.

Fuck that noise.

TribalElder
12-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Yay, feel good

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:06 PM
You're not going to get too many better opportunities at winning one than what was just handed to the Chiefs 3 weeks ago.

In the long run, this kind of 1-and-done likely playoff season just paves the way for more mediocrity to me.Absolutely this.

Silock
12-01-2013, 07:06 PM
GOT OVER .500!!!

BE HAPPY!!!

DURRRR!!!!

You have to have some perspective here. Would you prefer we weren't getting better, and still ended up with a 2-14 record? It's incredibly unrealistic to think that we could turn the whole thing around in 1 year.

If you can't take some solace in the fact that we're, overall, better than we were last year, I don't know what to tell you.

I feel like I just got punched in the gut (same feeling three weeks in a row sucks), but there's got to be some hope somewhere.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2013, 07:07 PM
From 2-14 to 9-0 and then 3 straight losses. At least the losses weren't blowouts.

I'm not happy right now, but at least I see some progress from the organization.

Yippee!

petegz28
Do you people really feel this ****ing way?

We've lucked into the best start in a decade and pissed away our division and home field in three games.

And then we're supposed to choke down this "AT LEAST WE'RE BETTER THAN LAST YEAR" bullshit.

**** that noise.

So you say we "lucked" into the best start in a decade then you are mad because the luck is running out some and we won't luck our way to a SB win?

That's pretty fucking rational

Silock
Do you people really feel this fucking way?

Fuck that noise.

If it's just luck, why would you think that even HAVING home field advantage in the playoffs would make any difference?

We lucked into the playoffs in 2010 and still got blown out at home against Baltimore.

KC_Connection
12-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Absolutely this.
They are what I thought they were. But that doesn't mean they didn't completely waste a huge opportunity that they aren't likely to get again any time soon. Just disappointing however you look at it.

Pablo
You have to have some perspective here. Would you prefer we weren't getting better, and still ended up with a 2-14 record? It's incredibly unrealistic to think that we could turn the whole thing around in 1 year.

If you can't take some solace in the fact that we're, overall, better than we were last year, I don't know what to tell you.

I feel like I just got punched in the gut (same feeling three weeks in a row sucks), but there's got to be some hope somewhere.The perspective is that we're historically a team that does everything the wrong way and NEVER gets lucky. Ever.

And then we piss down our legs when we finally catch all of the breaks necessary for a SB run. That's the ultimate goal here. I don't give a shit how bad we were last year or that we picked at 1.1 right now. I care that we had a perfect record and a clear path to our division and home field and we've pissed it away.

Yeah, it can still happen. We can still win it all, but we sure made it a whole lot harder this last month. You don't trade two seconds for a QB and bring in a veteran coach if you're looking for slow improvement. Those were win now moves.

And now we need to win. That's my expectation. And we're shooting ourselves in the foot and I'm pissed about it. Crazy, huh?

hitchief
Blame this loss on dropped passes. Even with how bad the defense played you have to come up with those catches.

Yes, the big drops in the second half killed potential scoring drives and would have kept us within a score.

Avery is done after this year, way way to inconsistent with the drops.

AJ had a huge drop too but he seems to be getting open a bit so maybe with more playing time could develop?

Our TE's are as slow as mud. We will be drafting or picking one up in FA for sure.

Floridafan
and yet this team is cap-strapped, they had a shitty 2013 draft, lose another pick in 2014, and still have too many holes. This is probably as good as it gets.

Did you not check out who Dorsey has brought in after the draft? The man knows talent and will continue to build this team into a perennial winner. He will find talent both in the draft and after. You can't expect it to happen in one draft. Have some patience and enjoy the ride. Remember it is a game and your life does not depend on it.

KC_Connection
12-01-2013, 07:11 PM
If it's just luck, why would you think that even HAVING home field advantage in the playoffs would make any difference?

Because nobody in the AFC is all that good. As they basically showed today, the Chiefs can beat anybody at home in their conference. But they aren't getting that shot now.

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:12 PM
So you say we "lucked" into the best start in a decade then you are mad because the luck is running out some and we won't luck our way to a SB win?

That's pretty fucking rationalWe got lucky in the sense that everything finally came together for us for a short period of time.

That NEVER happens for the Chiefs. We got the perfect mixture of good coaching, talent, schedule, and breaks to get to 9-0.

I'm mad because we're pissing that all away with inconsistent effort from all phases and shit coaching decisions. We shit down our legs when the heat was on.

And now we're going on the road for the playoffs and even if we do win, we all know the road clearly goes through Denver now.

a pp roach
12-01-2013, 07:13 PM
we would have won this game today if we were playing the jets

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:14 PM

We lucked into the playoffs in 2010 and still got blown out at home against Baltimore.Because this team can actually play well at home. For some reason, we actually have an offense at home.

They can win at home. Good luck making a run on the road with this squad.

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2013, 07:16 PM

Dorsey is taking the Dayton Moore approach to team construction.

2017 or bust!

petegz28
12-01-2013, 07:16 PM
We got lucky in the sense that everything finally came together for us for a short period of time.

That NEVER happens for the Chiefs. We got the perfect mixture of coaching, talent, schedule, and breaks to get to 9-0.

I'm mad because we're pissing that all away with inconsistent effort from all phases and shit coaching decisions.

And now we're going on the road for the playoffs and even if we do win, we all know the road clearly goes through Denver now.

It has never come together. This team has yet to play a complete game this season.

lewdog
12-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Get to the gym, assclown!

petegz28
12-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Because this team can actually play well at home. For some reason, we actually have an offense at home.

They can win at home. Good luck making a run on the road with this squad.

2 of our 3 losses are at home. Just sayin.....

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:18 PM
It has never come together. This team has yet to play a complete game this season.Nine wins in a row means that everything came together.

That was the sort of start you get once a decade. And when you get that sort of, in our case "lucky" start; you have to capitalize and play above your level when you get the big boys.

And we didn't.

Red Dawg
12-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Just goes to show that our team can't be fixed in one year. Dorsey was able to put on a few band aids our problems but that's it. Safety and wr is a big problem. Bowe seems to be a waste of money. Sucks to know that we simply don't have the players to beat good teams.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2013, 07:19 PM
The Chiefs are a better team than any other playoff contender and they're likely better than Cincy and Indy (which they'll have a chance to prove in three weeks).

It's been a great season and it's far from over.

I just hope Peyton Manning retires before the 2014 season.

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:20 PM
The Chiefs are a better team than any other playoff contender and they're likely better than Cincy and Indy (which they'll have a chance to prove in three weeks).

It's been a great season and it's far from over.

I just hope Peyton Manning retires before the 2014 season.I don't disagree that this is a better team than Indy or Cincy.

It sure as hell would have been nice to play them at Arrowhead.

Oh, and expect some sort of stupid Manning robot to destroy this division until 2016.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Nine wins in a row means that everything came together.

That was the sort of start you get once a decade. And when you get that sort of, in our case "lucky" start; you have to capitalize and play above your level when you get the big boys.

And we didn't.

Sorry, the Chiefs don't have a Hall of Fame QB or a completely loaded offense.

Winning 10, 11 or 12 games is fine with me after the past eight years of bullshit Chiefs teams.

That said once you're in, you're in. That's all that matters.

Anything can happen after that.

Silock
12-01-2013, 07:21 PM
I care that we had a perfect record and a clear path to our division and home field and we've pissed it away.

Did you really thing we were going to go undefeated?

Yeah, it can still happen. We can still win it all, but we sure made it a whole lot harder this last month. You don't trade two seconds for a QB and bring in a veteran coach if you're looking for slow improvement. Those were win now moves.

And now we need to win. That's my expectation. And we're shooting ourselves in the foot and I'm pissed about it. Crazy, huh?

The QB and veteran coach weren't the ones causing the losses.

What's crazy is expecting a roster that went 2-14 to somehow completely overhaul itself in the span of a single offseason.

BigMeatballDave
12-01-2013, 07:22 PM
FRAUDS!

We should have seen this coming.

Silock
12-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Because nobody in the AFC is all that good. As they basically showed today, the Chiefs can beat anybody at home in their conference. But they aren't getting that shot now.

As they basically showed last week, the Chiefs can lose to anybody at home in their conference. The Chargers aren't a good team, but beat us pretty easily at home.

Home field is supposed to be an advantage to the defense, but it's not. That's not because we're unlucky or we're cursed or anything.

It's because we're just not as good as the start indicated. That doesn't mean we can't make a playoff run, but it means that expectations needed to be tempered all along.

We got tested and failed. That's okay. There will be more opportunities to pass the tests.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2013, 07:23 PM
FRAUDS!

We should have seen this coming.

Shut the fuck up with this "fraud" bullshit.

They beat nine teams and lost to Denver, arguably the best team in the NFL, twice.

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Did you really thing we were going to go undefeated?

The QB and veteran coach weren't the ones causing the losses.

What's crazy is expecting a roster that went 2-14 to somehow completely overhaul itself in the span of a single offseason.I didn't expect us to go 0-3 in the most important divisional games we've played in forever.

I should have. We are the Chiefs after all.

Bump
We've still come a long way since last season.

Silock
Get to the gym, assclown!

I went this morning because I figured I'd be too pissed or drunk to go tonight LMAO

Silock
12-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Nine wins in a row means that everything came together.

And we didn't.

But it's not the start that matters.

Wouldn't you rather have started 6-3 and then ended the season 13-3 (Assuming you don't believe in some voodoo curse on being 13-3)?

Point is, 9-0 is nice, but it hardly matters. What matters is being consistent over the course of the season and peaking at the right time.

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:29 PM
But it's not the start that matters.

Wouldn't you rather have started 6-3 and then ended the season 13-3 (Assuming you don't believe in some voodoo curse on being 13-3)?

Point is, 9-0 is nice, but it hardly matters. What matters is being consistent over the course of the season and peaking at the right time.9-0 matters because we could have set ourselves up for a bye and home field advantage with good play down the stretch.

AKA the easiest path to a SB.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2013, 07:29 PM
It sure as hell would have been nice to play them at Arrowhead.

Why? The Chiefs have proven they don't play any better at Arrowhead than they do on the road. Makes no difference to me.

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Why? The Chiefs have proven they don't play any better at Arrowhead than they do on the road. Makes no difference to me.Yeah, that one seed and a first round bye aren't all that important.

It's just the same as going on the road to play a wildcard game.

Deberg_1990
9-0 matters because we could have set ourselves up for a bye and home field advantage with good play down the stretch.

Have you watched the NFL playoffs the last several years? HFA means nothing. 8-8 and 9-7 teams win playoff games and Super Bowls nowadays.

KC_Connection
As they basically showed last week, the Chiefs can lose to anybody at home in their conference. The Chargers aren't a good team, but beat us pretty easily at home.

Yes, I'm aware the Chiefs aren't that good. Knew that when watching them struggle against mediocre to bad teams over the course of their winning streak. But the thing is, neither is anybody else in this conference. If they got the #1 seed and bye in it (which was a very real possibility at 9-0), they would have been one of the two favorites to go through (along with NE).

It's a wasted opportunity. As big as it gets.

Silock
12-01-2013, 07:31 PM
9-0 matters because we could have set ourselves up for a bye and home field advantage with good play down the stretch.

We can still play well down the stretch. That's far more important than playing well in the first part of the regular season.

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Have you watched the NFL playoffs the last several years? HFA means nothing. 8-8 and 9-7 teams win playoff games and Super Bowls nowadays.I assure you HFA does not "mean nothing".

WTF are you smoking?

Yeah, 9-7 teams can win a SB. It's possible. It's always easier if you get to sit the first game out and rest up for an extra week and then not travel.

Do some of you people believe this?

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Yes, I'm aware the Chiefs aren't that good. Knew that when watching them struggle against mediocre to bad teams over the course of their winning streak. But the thing is, neither is anybody else in this conference. If they got the #1 seed and bye in it (which was a very real possibility at 9-0), they would have been one of the two favorites to go through (along with NE).

It's a wasted opportunity. As big as it gets.You need to take more crazy pills.

You're making far too much sense.

Silock
12-01-2013, 07:33 PM

It's a wasted opportunity. As big as it gets.

But if nobody is that good, why should HFA matter that much?

Deberg_1990
I assure you HFA does not "mean nothing".

WTF are you smoking?

Yeah, 9-7 teams can win a SB. It's possible. It's always easier if you get to sit the first game out and rest up for an extra week and then not travel.

Go look at NFL playoff history over the last 10 years. This isn't 1987 anymore.

KC_Connection

WTF are you smoking?

Other teams also play worse on the road. It isn't just that the Chiefs play better (and I believe they do).

Pablo
We can still play well down the stretch. That's far more important than playing well in the first part of the regular season.Yeah, the stretch stared three games ago with divisional games.

Silock

WTF are you smoking?

Yes, it's nice to have, but it's far from a guarantee of a victory. How many times over the years have we lost in the playoffs at home? Far too many.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2013, 07:34 PM

WTF are you smoking?

Dude...

:facepalm:

KC_Connection
12-01-2013, 07:35 PM
But if nobody is that good, why should HFA matter that much?
Any advantage you can get matters. But really, it's the bye that matters more than anything. The fact that you get to play one less 50/50 game than everyone else is a major advantage.

Silock
Yeah, the stretch stared three games ago with divisional games.

Yet, we could STILL finish 13-3.

gosampel
We are ok offense does look a lot better.. look guy they gave this div to Manning he be gone and John Elway will be back out here selling cars

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Yet, we could STILL finish 13-3.And be a #5 seed.

Silock
12-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Any advantage you can get matters. But really, it's the bye that matters more than anything. The fact that you get to play one less 50/50 game than everyone else is a major advantage.

I don't disagree with that, and I'm not oblivious to the fact that playing at home and getting a bye would be nice.

But again . . . realistic expectations and all.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2013, 07:37 PM

Except it's not.

The Green Bay Packers, NY Giants and Baltimore Ravens all recently won the Super Bowl as WC teams.

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Dude...

:facepalm:Go for it.

Explain why not playing an extra game on the road and securing HFA could ever be a negative.

KC_Connection
12-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Except it's not.

The Green Bay Packers, NY Giants and Baltimore Ravens all recently won the Super Bowl as WC teams.
Providing a few exceptions doesn't mean it isn't a huge statistical advantage to have a bye and play one less game in the playoffs, Dane. Come on man.

DaneMcCloud
And be a #5 seed.
It is what it is.

The Chiefs offense is gelling and Houston will return.

The Chiefs can definitely beat the Colts and Bengals on the road.

Silock
Go for it.

Explain why not playing an extra game on the road and securing HFA could ever be a negative.

It's not a negative, but you're painting the picture that if we DON'T have that, there's absolutely no shot to win a SB, which is blatantly false.

KC_Connection
12-01-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't disagree with that, and I'm not oblivious to the fact that playing at home and getting a bye would be nice.

But again . . . realistic expectations and all.
I had realistic expectations. It's the only reason I'm not completely devastated about this massive wasted opportunity. I expected the losses.

Pablo
It's not a negative, but you're painting the picture that if we DON'T have that, there's absolutely no shot to win a SB, which is blatantly false.Read my posts.

They're all in this thread. I've never said that. I've said it's still possible. It's just that much harder.

Seriously.

DaneMcCloud
Providing a few exceptions doesn't mean it isn't a huge statistical advantage to have a bye and play one less game in the playoffs, Dane. Come on man.

LMAO

A few? How many first round bye division winners have won the Super Bowl in the past five years? Past ten?

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:40 PM
It is what it is.

The Chiefs offense is gelling and Houston will return.

The Chiefs can definitely beat the Colts and Bengals on the road.I won't dispute that at all. I'd rather we got to sit at home and watch somebody else beat one of those teams. Preferably beat their starters up and then they get to come into Arrowhead with an extra week of rest for our guys.

KC_Connection
12-01-2013, 07:40 PM
LMAO

A few? How many first round bye division winners have won the Super Bowl in the past five years? Past ten?
Are you really arguing that having a bye isn't a huge advantage in the NFL playoffs? I don't think you want to go down that ridiculous road.

Silock
12-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Read my posts.

They're all in this thread. I've never said that. I've said it's still possible. It's just that much harder.

Seriously.

Good luck making a run on the road with this squad.

?

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Read my posts.

Seriously.

Considering the defense has dropped off a cliff as of late, I really don't see a playoff road game as a massive disadvantage.

Of course, all bets are off if the receivers continue to drop easy passes.

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:42 PM
?Yeah, good luck doesn't mean it's impossible.

It means you need good luck to go on the road and win a wildcard game. Much more than you'd need if you were sitting at home with a bye.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Are you really arguing that having a bye isn't a huge advantage in the NFL playoffs? I don't think you want to go down that ridiculous road.

You're a fucking moron.

Do the homework, genius. How many WC teams have won the Super Bowl in the past five years?

Hint, Douchebag: The NFL is and has been changing since 2004.

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:44 PM

WTF are you smoking?

Do some of you people believe this?It's almost like you already responded to this very post in this very thread, Silock.

And it's almost like I just said that even a 9-7 team can win a SB, going on the road.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Yeah, good luck doesn't mean it's impossible.

It means you need good luck to go on the road and win a wildcard game. Much more than you'd need if you were sitting at home with a bye.

I'm sorry but this is no longer true.

Besides that, the Chiefs haven't has any "luck" in the playoffs in 20+ years, whether on the road or at home.

Silock
12-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Yeah, good luck doesn't mean it's impossible.

I don't think you need THAT much more luck.

It's just more important that your team is playing well.

I hope we learn from these losses, make adjustments and get back to playing well at the very end of the season. I'd rather be playing well and have to go on the road than to continue playing shitty and play at home.

Silock
12-01-2013, 07:46 PM
It's almost like you already responded to this very post in this very thread, Silock.

And it's almost like I just said that even a 9-7 team can win a SB, going on the road.

And it's *almost* like you're completely missing the point of the thread.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Moral victory vs petulant child

MV

Psyko Tek
12-01-2013, 07:47 PM

do not take this to personal
but fuck you, mr Brightside
losing close is worse than a blow out
a few catches, better d play we win
instead just close

KC_Connection
12-01-2013, 07:48 PM
You're a ****ing moron.

Do the homework, genius. How many WC teams have won the Super Bowl in the past five years?

You're using a 5 year sample size to make the claim that having a bye in the playoffs isn't a positive rather than using basic logic. Who's the moron here?

Silock
12-01-2013, 07:49 PM
losing close is worse than a blow out

LMAO

Psyko Tek
12-01-2013, 07:50 PM

I feel like I just got punched in the gut (same feeling three weeks in a row sucks), but there's got to be some hope somewhere.

alex smith is getting better the oline was better today
the WR's and the whole fucking Defense got worse
or maybe never were worth a shit

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:50 PM
And it's *almost* like you're completely missing the point of the thread.Ok. Allow me to contribute to this thread in the fashion that a true Chiefs fans should:

9-3!!!!

YEAH BABY. JUST CAME OFF THREE STRAIGHT DIVISIONAL LOSSES BUT I AINT GOT NO WORRIES BECAUSE WE'RE BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2013, 07:52 PM
You're using a 5 year sample size to make the claim that having a bye in the playoffs isn't a positive rather than using basic logic. Who's the moron here?

So, the NFL game and its rules are exactly the same as 15 or 20 years ago?

DaneMcCloud
Ok. Allow me to contribute to this thread in the fashion that a true Chiefs fans should:

9-3!!!!

YEAH BABY. JUST CAME OFF THREE STRAIGHT DIVISIONAL LOSSES BUT I AINT GOT NO WORRIES BECAUSE WE'RE BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!

All true

Silock
Ok. Allow me to contribute to this thread in the fashion that a true Chiefs fans should:

9-3!!!!

Dude, this isn't an either-or, black-white extremist thing that you're taking it to.

Are we better than last year? Unequivocally yes.

Are we as good as we need to be to win a Super Bowl? Unlikely.

Do we have some areas that have shown massive improvement? Yes!

Do we have some areas that have shown to still be huge holes of sucking suckness? Yes!

... but we're still better than we were last year.

Psyko Tek
12-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Shut the fuck up with this "fraud" bullshit.

They beat nine teams and lost to Denver, arguably the best team in the NFL, twice.

Denver ain't that good
today we got anybody with 2 yards of the 5head and his passes went high damn neart everytime
once agaun we lost, they didn't beat us poor play calling and poor CBs did

KC_Connection
12-01-2013, 07:54 PM
So, the NFL game and its rules are exactly the same as 15 or 20 years ago?
Never said any such thing. Doesn't change the fact that home teams, on average, win more often than road teams and that playing one less 50/50 game is an advantage.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Last I checked
Super Bowl rings have not been ordered
Then again Moreno in his drug induced high just may have

Pablo
12-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Dude, this isn't an either-or, black-white extremist thing that you're taking it to.

Are we better than last year? Unequivocally yes.

Are we as good as we need to be to win a Super Bowl? Unlikely.

Do we have some areas that have shown massive improvement? Yes!

Do we have some areas that have shown to still be huge holes of sucking suckness? Yes!

... but we're still better than we were last year.Did we just piss away a chance at winning our division? Yes.

Did we just piss away a chance at playing two games to get to the SB instead of three? Yes.

Those are the things I'm upset about. Maybe I'll be all warm and fuzzy when the season is over and I can look back at W/L and a playoff berth as being good enough. Right now I think I'll only be satisfied with a team that can compete for a SB. And that's because my expectations change as the season unfolds.

Once we got to 5-0ish or better I had high hopes. And I'm going to keep them there.

Everyone else can feel free to keep their same expectations from August.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Did we just piss away a chance at winning our division? Yes.

Did we just piss away a chance at playing two games to get to the SB instead of three? Yes.

Those are the things I'm upset about. Maybe I'll be all warm and fuzzy when the season is over and I can look back at W/L and a playoff berth as being good enough. Right now I think I'll only be satisfied with a team that can compete for a SB. And that's because my expectations change as the season unfolds.

Once we got to 5-0ish or better I had high hopes. And I'm going to keep them there.

Everyone else can feel free to keep their same expectations from August.
The Chiefs weren't going to win out, even if they won today.

They're a good team, not a great team.

Silock
12-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Right now I think I'll only be satisfied with a team that can compete for a SB.

That should always be the goal, but that's just not realistic for this team this year.

If your expectations are always unrealistic, you'll always be disappointed.

Pablo
12-01-2013, 08:07 PM
That should always be the goal, but that's just not realistic for this team this year.

If your expectations are always unrealistic, you'll always be disappointed.It was realistic for this team this year. They had their best start in a DECADE..

It's never realistic for the Chiefs. They're never likely to win anything meaningful, ever.

Except for the fact that we started 9-0 and had three straight divisional games to prove our worth and secure a #1 seed. And we couldn't.

Yeah, I'm a touch disappointed.

Silock
12-01-2013, 08:10 PM
It was realistic for this team this year. They had their best start in a DECADE..

It's never realistic for the Chiefs. They're never likely to win anything meaningful, ever.

Except for the fact that we started 9-0 and had three straight divisional games to prove our worth and secure a #1 seed. And we couldn't.

Yeah, I'm a touch disappointed.

Wait, you think it is realistic for this team to win a Super Bowl this year?

Prison Bitch
12-01-2013, 08:14 PM
If they don't win a single playoff game after starting 9-0, Dorsey & Reid deserved to get their shit pushed in by the fanbase.

Pablo
12-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Wait, you think it is realistic for this team to win a Super Bowl this year?It's realistic for a whole bunch of teams this year. At the start of the day there were still 31 playoff eligible teams.

It's just more of a long shot now since we will have to play an extra game and possibly none at home in the playoffs.

Did I have this expectation at the start of the season? Hell no.

Silock
12-01-2013, 08:16 PM
It's realistic for a whole bunch of teams this year.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree there.

Three7s
12-02-2013, 08:12 PM
If they don't win a single playoff game after starting 9-0, Dorsey & Reid deserved to get their shit pushed in by the fanbase.
Wouldn't be the first time.

Marcellus
12-02-2013, 08:28 PM
How is it people stating we "wasted a golden opportunity" are the same ones who basically call the team frauds?

If we are frauds we had no real chance anyway.

If we aren't frauds we are still a pretty damn good football team.

You don't get to play both sides. I don't think any of the people posting this shit even realize they are contradicting themselves.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-02-2013, 08:30 PM
How is it people stating we "wasted a golden opportunity" are the same ones who basically call the team frauds?

If we are frauds we had no real chance anyway.

If we aren't frauds we are still a pretty damn good football team.

You don't get to play both sides. I don't think any of the people posting this shit even realize they are contradicting themselves.

:thumb: