PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would Playing #77 and #88 More Make The Chiefs A Better Team??

SeeingRed
12-03-2013, 09:53 PM
I think that it would. And if not its certainly worth a shot, no? Very cool article. Well written and brings up some valid points. Was very impressed with this write up and curious to hear opinions on it.

Talks about 3 of our 7th round players making an impact on the outcome of the rest of the season and a potential 3rd match up with Denver. I agree with it 1000% :clap:

Totally agree about Cooper being overly vilified and that he will develop into a great player. Definitely agree about Hemingway being our #2 (or at least seeing an expanded role) and without question agree the whole idea of not playing Catapano while our 2 best pass rushers are out and playing injured is completely ridiculous!

I've been bringing up Catapano for weeks now and am frustrated that this talent we keep hearing about (and have certainly seen flashes of) is being wasted on the sidelines while we have absolutely NO pass rush. :shake: Makes no sense. Let's see what this kid has already. If he has game changing ability why not see if he can help change the D while Houston is out and Tamba is healing? Can't be any worse than 1 sack in 3 games for crying out loud! Why Sutton isnt using Catapano is a bit baffling and hopefully now that Hemingway had his biggest game he will see an increased role in the offense. Check this article out. Worth the read and very interesting. :hmmm: Food for thought. Opinions??

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/12/3/5171408/lucky-7s-key-to-chiefs-woes

aturnis
12-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Love Hemingway. SET HIM FREE!

He's done nothing but produce. Huge on special teams, good hands, and 2TD's in 7 receptions. Dude deserves more play.

BossChief
12-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Hemmingway definitely needs to get on the field a lot more.

Not so sure about Catapano.

Psyko Tek
12-03-2013, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE=SeeingRed;10246976]I think that it would. And if not its certainly worth a shot, no? Very cool article. Well written and brings up some valid points. Was very impressed with this write up and curious to hear opinions on it.

Talks about 3 of our 7th round players making an impact on the outcome of the rest of the season and a potential 3rd match up with Denver. I agree with it 1000% :clap:

Totally agree about Cooper being overly vilified and that he will develop into a great player. Definitely agree about Hemingway being our #2 (or at least seeing an expanded role) and without question agree the whole idea of not playing Catapano while our 2 best pass rushers are out and playing injured is completely ridiculous!

bring Hemingway

Cat I have no idea

Anyong Bluth
12-03-2013, 10:37 PM
I haven't understood why Hemingway hasn't gotten more opportunities?

He kicked ass in the preseason - okay, you can possibly dismiss this.

Then he has a td and a couple nice catches in the Jacksonville game, and yet barely gets any playing time as the season goes on. The few times he has had his number called he has been reliable with coming up with the catch and this Sunday he was 3 for 3 on balls targeted his way including the touchdown. What confuses me is why they didn't keep getting him involved when he's clearly doing well - especially after it was obvious that Avery was dropping everything coming his way.

Why would you not sub him for Junior?

I just haven't put my finger on any possible reason they don't think it's worth giving him a shot at being regularly involved in the offensive game plan?

Lonewolf Ed
12-03-2013, 10:41 PM
I was begging out loud for Avery to ride the bench after he dropped the second pass. When Hemingway was in there, he did great and he was fired up on special teams, too. Go with the hot hand, right?

chiefzilla1501
12-03-2013, 10:41 PM

Then he has a td and a couple nice catches in the Jacksonville game, and yet barely gets any playing time as the season goes on. The few times he has had his number called he has been reliable with coming up with the catch and this Sunday he was 3 for 3 on balls targeted his way including the touchdown. What confuses me is why they didn't keep getting him involved when he's clearly doing well - especially after it was obvious that Avery was dropping everything coming his way.

I just haven't put my finger on any possible reason they don't think it's worth giving him a shot at being regularly involved in the offensive game plan?

I think the problem is, surprisingly, Hemmingway is the same kind of receiver Dex is. And unlike Bowe and Avery, Dex has been very reliable this year, and really surprisingly Dex is doing it not with his legs but with his hands. Like Dex, Hemingway doesn't run fast vertical. He's more of a possession receiver, or an underneath guy with the agility to get YAC.

You can't take Bowe off the field. And if you take Avery or Jenkins out, you don't have anyone to stretch the field vertical.

mcaj22
12-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Hemingway is in a logjam thanks to Bowe and is too slow on the otherside to completely eliminate an Avery/Jenkins compliment

so where does he go? Bowe + Hemingway with Avery on the bench would never work. Teams will just camp the box more than they already do.

They will never sit McCluster either. Hemingway is kind of stuck in a bad position really.

No idea why Catapano isn't playing. For the love of god get someone to platoon with Tyson Jackson that can rush the passer, because Tyson is still terrible and will always be terrible at it.

Sorter
12-03-2013, 11:02 PM
How many threads on Ernest are you planning to make, comrade?

Sorter
12-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Hemingway is in a logjam thanks to Bowe and is too slow on the otherside to completely eliminate an Avery/Jenkins compliment

so where does he go? Bowe + Hemingway with Avery on the bench would never work. Teams will just camp the box more than they already do.

They will never sit McCluster either. Hemingway is kind of stuck in a bad position really.

No idea why Catapano isn't playing. For the love of god get someone to platoon with Tyson Jackson that can rush the passer, because Tyson is still terrible and will always be terrible at it.

This is by far the most irritating thing about this team currently.

I understand using Jackson/Bailey on subs for certain fronts/D&D/gameplanned calls but I truly am at a loss as to why he hasn't gotten more snaps in 3rd and 7+.

SeeingRed
12-03-2013, 11:32 PM
This is by far the most irritating thing about this team currently.

I understand using Jackson/Bailey on subs for certain fronts/D&D/gameplanned calls but I truly am at a loss as to why he hasn't gotten more snaps in 3rd and 7+.

This. Jackson and Bailey have been good at stopping the run but they aren't pass rushers. NOBODY is getting to the QB and our secondary is getting burned as a result. Meanwhile this kid is supposed to be awesome so...??? Let the predator out of the cage already. These guys had 70 snaps to get to Manning and nobody did (double that number if you count the first game too) so give this kid 10 plays and see what he can do. Cat got 2 snaps against Oakland and had a strip sack fumble recovery. And that was the last time he played if i'm not mistaken. :shake:

Discuss Thrower
12-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Prolly can't give Hemingway too many reps on offense because it would create a hole on STs.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-03-2013, 11:41 PM
I cannot for the life of me figure out why Hemingway is not playing more.

SeeingRed
12-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Dude's a BEAST!! :eek: He will break RG3 if he hits him

SeeingRed
12-03-2013, 11:55 PM
I cannot for the life of me figure out why Hemingway is not playing more.

dats what i'm sayin :shake: hes legit

SeeingRed
12-04-2013, 12:04 AM
BOTH of em are...so what gives?

Big Cat sack to end game in Oakland (was in for 2 plays this game and 1 of em he did this! look from :30 into video.....boy got some serious closing speed) Thats what a Cat looks like jumping on its prey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8W5EGmG36g

And here is Hemingway going up and snatching the ball out of the air at 7 feet in Jacksonville....he good, real good! More targets equals more production and more points as i see it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=828OYOzog50

crossbow
12-04-2013, 12:36 AM
BOTH of em are...so what gives?

Big Cat sack to end game in Oakland (was in for 2 plays this game and 1 of em he did this! look from :30 into video.....boy got some serious closing speed) Thats what a Cat looks like jumping on its prey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8W5EGmG36g

And here is Hemingway going up and snatching the ball out of the air at 7 feet in Jacksonville....he good, real good! More targets equals more production and more points as i see it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=828OYOzog50

Watching that sack/strip was scary. Big man moving like a linebacker.

And that catch was very difficult to pull off. Took a lot of concentration when he knew he was exposing his ribs and was going to get hammered.

mcaj22
12-04-2013, 12:41 AM
what are they waiting on with these players? Groom years? Next year?

I mean there is no way you can justify keeping Avery or re-signing Jackson, when you have young capable replacements like this that have shown flashes.

beach tribe
12-04-2013, 12:47 AM
I have little doubt that Hemmingway will see plenty of action from here out.
Dude is playing his ass off, and has earned it.

You know what he also is.....an Ace Gunner.

TLO
12-04-2013, 02:59 AM
Bobby Sippio

BlackHelicopters
12-04-2013, 09:36 AM
What if the 77 car gets sideways with the the 88 car. Then what?

Ragged Robin
12-04-2013, 10:07 AM

I remember a couple times earlier in the season he kept lining up at the wrong place and Alex had to go over there and show him. Some guys, particularly at that position, take a little bit to get comfortable with the playbook/system.

Dunerdr
12-04-2013, 11:24 AM
A little off subject but if your A madden guy switch mcluster and junior and have great success! Mcluster always ends up outside and is to short to get them in the game its money.

Mr. Laz
12-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Dude's a BEAST!! :eek: He will break RG3 if he hits him
I have nothing against Capatano but i just don't understand why everyone is so high on the guy.

:shrug:

i haven't seen him do much of anything.

Hemingway is being kept out of the lineup because of Bowe.Imo

ThaVirus
12-04-2013, 02:43 PM
I have nothing against Capatano but i just don't understand why everyone is so high on the guy.

:shrug:

i haven't seen him do much of anything.

Hemingway is being kept out of the lineup because of Bowe.Imo

I can agree on Catapano. He seems like another great white hype CP situation.

Still, he should be getting some pass rush snaps alongside Bailey. Jackson and Devito have shown that they're completely incapable of getting penetration or even a consistent push on obvious passing situations for several years now. At worst, you throw Catapano out there and he doesn't get a sack but that's exactly the same result as you'd get by keeping T Jack or Devito out there- plus, with Catapano, there's the added benefit of possibly grooming him into the position with valuable learning experience while saving the older guys some reps.

Contrarian
12-04-2013, 03:12 PM
I think the problem is, surprisingly, Hemmingway is the same kind of receiver Dex is. And unlike Bowe and Avery, Dex has been very reliable this year, and really surprisingly Dex is doing it not with his legs but with his hands. Like Dex, Hemingway doesn't run fast vertical. He's more of a possession receiver, or an underneath guy with the agility to get YAC.

You can't take Bowe off the field. And if you take Avery or Jenkins out, you don't have anyone to stretch the field vertical.

That is totally bogus. Hemmingway is bigger than Bowe is dude!

scho63
12-04-2013, 03:21 PM
How many threads on Ernest are you planning to make, comrade?

ROFLROFLROFL

I guess he wasn't happy with the responses in the first thread and said "let me try this a different way."

SeeingRed
12-04-2013, 05:12 PM
I can agree on Catapano. He seems like another great white hype CP situation.

Still, he should be getting some pass rush snaps alongside Bailey. Jackson and Devito have shown that they're completely incapable of getting penetration or even a consistent push on obvious passing situations for several years now. At worst, you throw Catapano out there and he doesn't get a sack but that's exactly the same result as you'd get by keeping T Jack or Devito out there- plus, with Catapano, there's the added benefit of possibly grooming him into the position with valuable learning experience while saving the older guys some reps.

This. Exactly.

whoman69
12-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Cooper looks bad because of the crap behind him. That first TD Decker got he was clearly looking for safety help inside that never came.

Mr. Laz
12-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Cooper looks bad because of the crap behind him. That first TD Decker got he was clearly looking for safety help inside that never came.
i think Reid and Dorsey are going to be all over FS and WR in the offseason.

Discuss Thrower
12-04-2013, 06:37 PM
i think Reid and Dorsey are going to all over FS and WR in the offseason.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2n66pf.jpg