PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Schwartz will continue to start

Mr. Laz
12-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Chiefs360 ‏@Chiefs360 22m
Red says Schwartz will continue to start at right guard. Been good in the ground game #chiefs

Chiefs360 ‏@Chiefs360 22m
Albert, Houston and Fasano not practicing today.

hometeam
12-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Good.

CaliforniaChief
12-04-2013, 12:31 PM
What is this? Performance dictates playing time?

seaofred
12-04-2013, 12:34 PM

Yeah, kind of crazy comparing that to the last 4 years.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-04-2013, 12:35 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reid says Geoff Schwartz will continue to start at right guard. Says Asamoah&#39;s shoulder is &quot;a bit tender.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Chiefs&amp;src=hash">#Chiefs</a></p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/statuses/408292779345735680">December 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RealSNR
12-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Asamoah can go fist a cow. I'm sick of defending his worthless ass and anticipating his rise to being a good player.

It's not going to fucking happen. I'm glad his contract is up after this year. Let him walk into an AIDS tree.

Eleazar
12-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Good decision. Asamoah has more than played himself out of a job.

Mr. Laz
12-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Yeah, kind of crazy comparing that to the last 20 years.

FYP

penbrook
12-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Reid noted that they will get back to the 3-4 defense.

They have been mostly in dime the last 3 games.

CaliforniaChief
12-04-2013, 01:07 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reid says Geoff Schwartz will continue to start at right guard. Says Asamoah's shoulder is &quot;a bit tender.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Chiefs&amp;src=hash">#Chiefs</a></p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/statuses/408292779345735680">December 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Right. And I'm sure this tenderness will last awhile.

BossChief
12-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Asamoah will go to a good team that uses zone blocking and will play well.

This was a move that needed to be made weeks ago IMO.

Fish
12-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Little Jon now chump.....

mcaj22
12-04-2013, 01:26 PM
a move that should have been made in week 1.

SuperChief
12-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Call me crazy, but I'd rather Schwartz replace Allen at LG.

MahiMike
12-04-2013, 01:33 PM
May the Schwartz be with us.

DJ's left nut
12-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Asamoah is still better than Allen.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2013, 01:38 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100411174643/uncyclopedia/images/4/49/Schwartz.gif

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrea0xMhPL1qf1sfco1_r1_500.gif

Mr. Laz
My original thought too but the line has seem to be better lately with Asamoah gone instead.

People started yelling "Fisher" but when Fisher came back in it was still solid.

I imagine some of it has to do with us throwing the ball more successfully.

We will find out going forward.

FringeNC
a move that should have been made in week 1.

Certainly appears that way. It's not clear that Fisher was the big problem on the right side.

Sandy Vagina
12-04-2013, 01:52 PM
My original thought too but the line has seem to be better lately with Asamoah gone instead.

People started yelling "Fisher" but when Fisher came back in it was still solid.

We will find out going forward.

Same here. I felt Allen was the weakest link in the interior OL. I am fine if wrong about that... whatever it takes to get the best on the field. :shrug:

RealSNR
12-04-2013, 01:56 PM

I'm sure Schwartz would do a better job at LG than Allen, but from offseason interviews he did, he's far more comfortable on the right side than the left and more comfortable at guard than at tackle.

RG is his best position, and I'd rather get the best possible player at one position than sacrifice that for shoring up poor play at another.

One thing at a time. We'll have to worry about LG next year. Unless Rishaw Johnson or that other guy is all of sudden a total stud at LG.

Rain Man
12-04-2013, 02:02 PM
I'm kind of surprised that Asamoah is the one being benched, but it's been pretty apparent that the offense is better with Schwartz out there regardless of where he's playing.

The Franchise
12-04-2013, 02:06 PM
I'd rather see Schwartz get the new contract next season over Asamoah.

gblowfish
12-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Schwartz and Stephenson have both played well, although Stephenson has had a couple holding penalties. But certainly hasn't been beat as often as Fisher was getting beat.

mcaj22
12-04-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm sure Schwartz would do a better job at LG than Allen, but from offseason interviews he did, he's far more comfortable on the right side than the left and more comfortable at guard than at tackle.

RG is his best position, and I'd rather get the best possible player at one position than sacrifice that for shoring up poor play at another.

One thing at a time. We'll have to worry about LG next year. Unless Rishaw Johnson or that other guy is all of sudden a total stud at LG.

if Eric Kush was worth a shit you could slide Hudson to LG, his natural position. Imagine that, playing guys at their natural positions.

ThaVirus
12-04-2013, 02:23 PM
We've certainly looked better with Schwartz and Stephenson out there but I have to wonder how much of that was due to playing against the Chargers and a banged up Broncos defense.

I mean, the Chargers front seven is absolutely horrendous and the Broncos isn't that good to begin with and they were out two starters on the defensive line.

I'm fine with keeping things the way they are for the time being but we should know more this week after we face Orakpo and Kerrigan. I just hope they aren't opposed to shuffling things around more in the future if need be.

durtyrute
12-04-2013, 02:29 PM
We've certainly looked better with Schwartz and Stephenson out there but I have to wonder how much of that was due to playing against the Chargers and a banged up Broncos defense.

I mean, the Chargers front seven is absolutely horrendous and the Broncos isn't that good to begin with and they were out two starters on the defensive line.

I'm fine with keeping things the way they are for the time being but we should know more this week after we face Orakpo and Kerrigan. I just hope they aren't opposed to shuffling things around more in the future if need be.

Those three games weren't the first ones where we played a team with a suspect defensive front.

mcaj22
12-04-2013, 02:32 PM

Redskins defense is worse than San Diego and Denver. They give up as many pass yards as the Chiefs secondary and they can't generate any sacks. They have similar problems we do.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Ya redskins defense allow 30.2 points per game

Ace Gunner
12-04-2013, 02:43 PM

this

ThaVirus
12-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Redskins defense is worse than San Diego and Denver. They give up as many pass yards as the Chiefs secondary and they can't generate any sacks. They have similar problems we do.

Ya redskins defense allow 30.2 points per game

Very true but they have a couple good to great individual players in Orakpo and Kerrigan.

It's kind of like our defense lately. We're allowing a shit ton of points while generating zero pressure but we've still got players that need to be accounted for...

Ace Gunner
12-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Very true but they have a couple good to great individual players in Orakpo and Kerrigan.

It's kind of like our defense lately. We're allowing a shit ton of points while generating zero pressure but we've still got players that need to be accounted for...

they went to a 43 defense this season and both players are struggling as 43DE's.

ThaVirus
12-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Those three games weren't the first ones where we played a team with a suspect defensive front.

To whom are you referring?

The only team I can think of with worse front seven than the Chargers would be the Jaguars.

We got the Cowboys and Giants while they were banged up but they've still got superstars scattered throughout those units.

The Eagles were pretty bad early in the season but they've got Trent Cole and Fletcher Cox to cause problems.

Shit, even Oakland isn't bad. For a team that was supposed to challenge for the number one pick they've been super competitive.

BlackHelicopters
12-04-2013, 02:57 PM
What took so long?

durtyrute
12-04-2013, 03:20 PM
To whom are you referring?

The only team I can think of with worse front seven than the Chargers would be the Jaguars.

We got the Cowboys and Giants while they were banged up but they've still got superstars scattered throughout those units.

The Eagles were pretty bad early in the season but they've got Trent Cole and Fletcher Cox to cause problems.

Shit, even Oakland isn't bad. For a team that was supposed to challenge for the number one pick they've been super competitive.

The teams you mentioned were the ones I was referring to.

splatbass
12-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Or we are throwing the ball more effectively because the line has played better.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-04-2013, 03:31 PM
I hope this is a confidence building game for the offense.

Mr. Laz
12-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Or we are throwing the ball more effectively because the line has played better.

chicken/egg

:shrug:

splatbass
12-04-2013, 04:15 PM
chicken/egg

:shrug:

Ok, but I believe the line playing well is why the passing game has improved. It all starts with the line.

Ace Gunner
12-04-2013, 05:49 PM
I think the OL is performing a lot better, they were absolute chaos for 8 games or so. the passing game is improving because of this, but also because the skills positions are becoming much more proficient with the PB & routes etc. they are coming together as an offense. it isn't pretty, there are still hitches, but it's just much more intuitive looking than the first half of the season. it was jailbreak almost every play.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-04-2013, 05:53 PM

LOL

TribalElder
12-04-2013, 05:56 PM
LMAO

Hope fisher strengthens up his vaginal muscles before next season

Eleazar
12-04-2013, 06:01 PM
If Allen learns to keep the flags to a minimum, we'll be all set.

TEX
12-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Ok, but I believe the line playing well is why the passing game has improved. It all starts with the line.

This all day long...

ILChief
12-04-2013, 09:23 PM
I hope this is a confidence building game for the offense.

The offense should have confidence after the last two games. It's the defense that needs a boost

Mr. Laz
12-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher 6m Thursday
Houston, fasano, Albert will not practice today

Hammock Parties
12-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Jesus, if Albert has to miss the game it's gonna be close.

Don't like any one else taking on Orakpo.

ThaVirus
12-05-2013, 01:23 PM

What did PFF say about individual offensive line grades the past few weeks?

Hammock Parties
12-05-2013, 01:26 PM
What did PFF say about individual offensive line grades the past few weeks?

Schwartz and Stephenson got the following grades:

Vs SD
+3.2
+2.1

Vs Den
+2.9
+1.0

They've made a huge difference.

Eleazar
12-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Nobody seems to have noticed a drop-off when Stephenson moved to LT

Mr. Laz
12-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Nobody seems to have noticed a drop-off when Stephenson moved to LT

or when Fisher went back in at RT

It will be interesting to see an entire game with that lineup

Unless drama king Albert suddenly gets over his 'compound fractured' ankle and heals on game day.

ILChief
12-05-2013, 02:25 PM

Even if Albert plays he'll get carted off by halftime

listopencil
12-05-2013, 02:40 PM
What took so long?

Reid was talking to his dad about the move before finalizing it:

http://patrickturley.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ChiefsWalrus-1024x638.jpg

Easy 6
12-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Schwartz and Stephenson have both played well, although Stephenson has had a couple holding penalties. But certainly hasn't been beat as often as Fisher was getting beat.

Yep, the improved play was immediately noticeable, all of the sudden Axl had a real pocket more often than not and the run game looked much better.