PDA

View Full Version : Football Boise State's Chris Petersen to Washington

FloridaMan88
12-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Wow he finally left Boise State. Washington better hope this isn't Dan Hawkins II.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24366095/washington-to-hire-boise-state-coach-chris-petersen

Washington to hire Boise State coach Chris Petersen

By Chip Patterson | College Football Writer

December 6, 2013 9:08 am ET

Washington will name Boise State coach Chris Petersen as its next head football coach, multiple sources confirmed to CBS. According to Jeremy Fowler, Petersen is signing a five-year deal that will make him one of the highest paid coaches in the Pac-12.

CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman previously reported that the Broncos' coach was in the running for the position and interviewed with athletic director Scott Woodward on Thursday. Woodward also interviewed Alabama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier earlier in the day.

The Huskies are looking to fill the job left vacant by Steve Sarkisian, who was introduced as USC's next head coach on Tuesday.

Petersen has turned down job offers on a seemingly annual basis, but reportedly believed that Washington was that elusive "right fit" with the right timing to make a move after eight years as Boise State's head coach.

Petersen won five Mountain West conference titles and two BCS games, recording a 92-12 record with the Broncos.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-06-2013, 11:22 AM
He was supposed to interview today. Once Woodward found out he was genuinely interested, he moved it up and didn't even interview him. He brought him in and worked out an agreement right from the start. I've never heard of that, but I'm thrilled.

As happy as I was that Sark left, I figured it would land us Jim Mora. Once that turncoat, piece of shit, traitor decided to stay at USC lite, I was genuinely concerned. Now, I believe we have gotten our hands on not only a better alternative to Mora, but a significant upgrade to Sark, which was my desire in the first place.

I could not possibly be happier as a Dawg fan today!

Bewbies
12-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Petersen is a good get man, I'd trade you him for Mark Richt...

Mr. Flopnuts
12-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Petersen is a good get man, I'd trade you him for Mark Richt...

That's exactly why I'm so happy. I was one of the few Dawg faithful that was happy Sark was leaving. Grateful for what he did to get our program out of the graveyard, but he peaked with us. He has an opportunity to do great things at SC, but he was never going to do them here.

With this hire, we got left at the alter and ended up with someone ten times better. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. As pissed as I am/was at Jim Mora, I'd rather have Petersen anyways. Innovative, loyal, and a great recruiter. Washington is about to get back into the National picture and pursue what we expect in Seattle.

National Championships.

Tombstone RJ
12-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Wow he finally left Boise State. Washington better hope this isn't Dan Hawkins II.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24366095/washington-to-hire-boise-state-coach-chris-petersen

Washington to hire Boise State coach Chris Petersen

By Chip Patterson | College Football Writer

December 6, 2013 9:08 am ET

Washington will name Boise State coach Chris Petersen as its next head football coach, multiple sources confirmed to CBS. According to Jeremy Fowler, Petersen is signing a five-year deal that will make him one of the highest paid coaches in the Pac-12.

CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman previously reported that the Broncos' coach was in the running for the position and interviewed with athletic director Scott Woodward on Thursday. Woodward also interviewed Alabama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier earlier in the day.

The Huskies are looking to fill the job left vacant by Steve Sarkisian, who was introduced as USC's next head coach on Tuesday.

Petersen has turned down job offers on a seemingly annual basis, but reportedly believed that Washington was that elusive "right fit" with the right timing to make a move after eight years as Boise State's head coach.

Petersen won five Mountain West conference titles and two BCS games, recording a 92-12 record with the Broncos.

I hope it works out well for both parties, I always like the Huskies program, I've been to that campus and football stadium, it's very nice. Plus, I pretty much despise most of the rest of the PAC 12 schools.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-06-2013, 11:45 AM
I hope it works out well for both parties, I always like the Huskies program, I've been to that campus and football stadium, it's very nice. Plus, I pretty much despise most of the rest of the PAC 12 schools.

Common ground. I knew there was something I liked about you. ;)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-06-2013, 12:22 PM
He was supposed to interview today. Once Woodward found out he was genuinely interested, he moved it up and didn't even interview him. He brought him in and worked out an agreement right from the start. I've never heard of that, but I'm thrilled.

As happy as I was that Sark left, I figured it would land us Jim Mora. Once that turncoat, piece of shit, traitor decided to stay at USC lite, I was genuinely concerned. Now, I believe we have gotten our hands on not only a better alternative to Mora, but a significant upgrade to Sark, which was my desire in the first place.

I could not possibly be happier as a Dawg fan today!

Ha. You homer piece of shit. Your coach blows

CallMeSquidwad
12-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Boise has had studs over the years no doubt (Clady, Martin, Pettis was beast) but he is not known for recruiting 5 star prospects. Going to the Pac-12 will no doubt help a lot, but maybe he should beg the AD to get Ed O on his staff to help with recruiting.

Titty Meat
12-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Great hire

Bowser
12-06-2013, 12:37 PM
I'll always root for Peterson after he knocked Oklahoma off in possibly one of the best college bowl games ever a few years ago.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Ha. You homer piece of shit. Your coach blows

Fuck the Bruins, and fuck you too, Sheldon.

vailpass
12-06-2013, 01:52 PM
He'd gone as far as he was gonna go at Boise. Good her for Wash.
Bet he'll be glad not to be saddled with that good awful blue turf...

BryanBusby
12-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Washington fans should be excited. They replaced their coach with a better one and the school got paid to get rid of Sark.

That's a win win there.

Titty Meat
12-06-2013, 02:08 PM
He'd gone as far as he was gonna go at Boise. Good her for Wash.
Bet he'll be glad not to be saddled with that good awful blue turf...

Wut

RealSNR
12-06-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm honestly a little bit shocked by this hire. Washington is a fine(ish) program to be at, but when Boise State was a consideration for the national championship game 2-3 years in a row, I imagine Peterson could have gone to a very illustrious program.

Good for him for staying at Boise State as long as he did, and it's apparent that he's not just some guy that picks any ol' elite college football program. By picking Washington it's apparent he has some personal ties and genuinely wanted to be at that school. I think that more than anything else is a formula for success for a college football program.

dilligaf
12-06-2013, 02:25 PM
I'll always root for Peterson after he knocked Oklahoma off in possibly one of the best college bowl games ever a few years ago.

That was the best game and I was lucky enough to see it in person. I know many on here are biased against BSU but they were a blast to watch the last few years.

vailpass
12-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Wut

?

CoMoChief
12-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Don't understand this hire. He is probably the hottest up n coming coach that was probably next in line to take a high profile job, but he chooses Washington??

I guess take the money while it's hot. And I don't know about Boise St facilities and such...I'd imagine it's pretty hard to try and tell good recruits to come to ****ing Idaho to play football. I would guess Washington has better facilities, more money and resources.

Petersen probably also recruits the same area or has similar pipelines etc. He has a awfully tall order considering he's practically going to have to rebuild that program into a winner in a conference that's only getting better and better by the year...and that's not even counting if possibly USC ever gets back to elite status.

But Washington? Florida and maybe Texas will be open jobs soon. Maybe even Nebraska or South Carolina. Maybe he didn't want to deal with all of the traveling and bullshit that comes w/ playing in the Big East. Wasn't their football program going to move to Big East?

Sucks for Mizzou that Pinkel didn't take the Washington job (assuming if he was even considered), they could have gone after Petersen, which IMO is a much better coach.