PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs at Redskins-PFF Fisher with a great game

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-09-2013, 11:29 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/12/09/pff-reaction-blog-week-14-2/

12.30 – Chiefs at Redskins Game Notes

One of the most exciting weekends of NFL football ever? Not if you are a Redskins fan it wasn’t. As both DeAngelo Hall and Baccari Rambo made equally pathetic attempts to bring down Dwayne Bowe on his 21 yard TD it felt like a microcosm of the season. Then bringing in Kirk Cousins with the team down 35 in the fourth simply made it worse for me.

- The three highest graded players were Eric Fisher (+3.2), Tamba Hali (+3.2) and Geoff Schwartz (+3.1).

- The three lowest graded players were Robert Griffin III (-3.6), London Fletcher (-2.8) and Barry Cofield (-2.7).

- Have the Redskins given up on the year completely? For the first time this year Robert Griffin III didn’t have a single designed run.

- The difference in the teams was summed up in the tackling stats; Kansas City missed one, Washington 17.

- Jamaal Charles isn’t usually a big yards after contact type player (his average this season is 2.2) but in this game he managed a huge 5.1 breaking six tackles.

mcaj22
12-09-2013, 11:33 AM
17 lol

Easy 6
12-09-2013, 11:34 AM
How old is London Fletcher now, like, 74?

I dont care about his experience or leadership, at this point that isnt enough to overcome his age.

The Franchise
12-09-2013, 11:35 AM
The Redskins need an overhaul from top to bottom.

mcaj22
12-09-2013, 11:37 AM
their fanbase is going to be really bummed next April (May?) when the Rams take a good player with their pick lol

The Franchise
12-09-2013, 11:38 AM
their fanbase is going to be really bummed next April (May?) when the Rams take a good player with their pick lol

The thing is....who the fuck would the Redskins take if they had that pick?

QB? Not with RG3 there.
Clowney? And move or replace who? Orakpo? Kerrigan?
Matthews? They don't need a LT or a RT.

The only thing they could have done is traded down for someone who wanted one of those three.

mcaj22
12-09-2013, 11:40 AM
The thing is....who the **** would the Redskins take if they had that pick?

QB? Not with RG3 there.
Clowney? And move or replace who? Orakpo? Kerrigan?
Matthews? They don't need a LT or a RT.

The only thing they could have done is traded down for someone who wanted one of those three.

and got a nice ransom for the slot because there are plenty of teams that will want one of those QBs, Clowney, Matthews, etc.

Rams will probably take a QB there and that's essentially their haul for RG3

Bob Dole
12-09-2013, 11:46 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/12/09/pff-reaction-blog-week-14-2/

- Jamaal Charles isn’t usually a big yards after contact type player (his average this season is 2.2) but in this game he managed a huge 5.1 breaking six tackles.

5 of the 6 were on one play.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-09-2013, 11:54 AM
cant be right, he is already a bust

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-09-2013, 12:11 PM
ESPN

The Payton Mannings win!
The Chargers win!
THe Jets win!(against the Raiders)
The Redskins lost

Ace Gunner
12-09-2013, 12:18 PM

this in yer eye mofos :)

ILChief
12-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Crickets

ChiefsCountry
12-09-2013, 12:35 PM
We also didn't pass as much yesterday as we normally do. Only 23 attempts, normally we are over 35.

Marcellus
12-09-2013, 12:54 PM
We also didn't pass as much yesterday as we normally do. Only 23 attempts, normally we are over 35.

We didn't have as many offensive possessions as usual.

2 KR for TD's = 2 less drives.

Really good returns on INT and punts = short fields.

Mr. Laz
12-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Schwartz instead of Asamoah continues make a surprising difference in the Oline.

Fisher has been improving all year, some people just refuse to acknowledge it because they are still pissed we drafted an OT instead of choco-peen.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Chris Sembower‏@ChrisSembower1m
Eric Fisher tied Tamba for #Chiefs best rated player yesterday (+3.2). Both played against someone notable (Willams & Kerrigan). Per @PFF

Saccopoo
12-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Chris Sembower‏@ChrisSembower1m
Eric Fisher tied Tamba for #Chiefs best rated player yesterday (+3.2). Both played against someone notable (Willams & Kerrigan). Per @PFF

Amazing what happens when you take two average at best players off the line and put in competent players in their place.

Albert and Asamoah have been nothing but pedestrian their entire careers.

But goddamn if certain people around here didn't defend them like they were their blood brothers.

BlackHelicopters
12-09-2013, 02:37 PM

ILChief
12-09-2013, 02:44 PM

Yep. He was elite

mschiefs1984
12-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Fisher was HORRIBLE at the start of the year but over the year he has gotten better. He will still need to do a lot of work in the off season but I'm happy that he's getting better that's a good sign

jspchief
12-09-2013, 02:49 PM

Geno too

TEX
12-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Fisher was HORRIBLE at the start of the year but over the year he has gotten better. He will still need to do a lot of work in the off season but I'm happy that he's getting better that's a good sign

I've got a list of ALL THE IDIOTS proclaiming him a bust who really should ban themselves for a year for being so ****ing stupid. Clay is tops followed by the usual suspects, then by some "true fans."

Phobia
12-09-2013, 06:02 PM
I've got a list of ALL THE IDIOTS proclaiming him a bust who really should ban themselves for a year for being so ****ing stupid. Clay is tops followed by the usual suspects, then by some "true fans."

He was always gonna take some time to adapt. I'm not ready to crown him but he'll probably be crowned by 2015.

CaliforniaChief
12-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Fisher's progression + Schwarz moving in has made a world of difference for the offense. Alex is staying upright, Charles has huge holes, and the offense is clicking.

saphojunkie
12-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Fisher's progression + Schwarz moving in has made a world of difference for the offense. Alex is staying upright, Charles has huge holes, and the offense is clicking.

It was also no coincidence that we had one penalty in the game and Branden Albert didn't play.

suzzer99
12-09-2013, 06:23 PM
How old is London Fletcher now, like, 74?

I dont care about his experience or leadership, at this point that isnt enough to overcome his age.

I met London Fletcher in LA in 2000 and though he was old then. Friend of a friend ended up sleeping with him that night and said he was terrible in bed. True story.

CaliforniaChief
12-09-2013, 06:25 PM
I met London Fletcher in LA in 2000 and though he was old then. Friend of a friend ended up sleeping with him that night and said he was terrible in bed. True story.

So PFF grades Fletcher as a -1.2 in bed? How does that work?

ChiefRocka
12-09-2013, 06:34 PM

London "Dead Fish" Fletcher

threebag
12-09-2013, 07:37 PM
It was also no coincidence that we had one penalty in the game and Branden Albert didn't play.

No shit Fat Albert is good for about three plus false starts.

Chieftain58
12-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Fisher will only get better with time, Like Reid said he will put on 15 pounds of muscle in the off season

Chieftain58
12-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Did he snore loud or what?

tk13
12-09-2013, 09:17 PM
I've been fighting for Fisher in the Geno thread for a couple weeks now. It's quietly been one of the good things about the 2nd half so far... you can really start to see Fisher's potential. I think there's a legit shot Albert walks and Fisher is our LT next year. He is so athletic in space, and he's handling good pass rushers now. I'm sure he'll still take some lumps but he at least looks like a 1st round talent.

aturnis
12-09-2013, 09:46 PM
I've been fighting for Fisher in the Geno thread for a couple weeks now. It's quietly been one of the good things about the 2nd half so far... you can really start to see Fisher's potential. I think there's a legit shot Albert walks and Fisher is our LT next year. He is so athletic in space, and he's handling good pass rushers now. I'm sure he'll still take some lumps but he at least looks like a 1st round talent.

For what it's worth, after Albert went down against Denver, Con Miller lined up against Fisher exclusively the rest of the game. Fisher shut him down.

Fisher has made some great progress this season.

chiefzilla1501
12-09-2013, 09:59 PM

The ridiculous expectations put on Fisher and Cooper from the get-go, on Poe last year, on Tyson Jackson a few years ago....

Fans are calling players busts a few months into playing. And yet, we claim that we'll be patient when we draft a young QB...

Chiefs=Champions
12-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Fisher will be a HUGE asset in the run game eventually. He's so quick, his pulling ability is great. It's amazing what happened when Schwartz stepped in. He's arguably our best olinemen and has been on the bench a majority of the season..

htismaqe
12-09-2013, 10:49 PM
The ridiculous expectations put on Fisher and Cooper from the get-go, on Poe last year, on Tyson Jackson a few years ago....

Fans are calling players busts a few months into playing. And yet, we claim that we'll be patient when we draft a young QB...

I'll admit, I've been gone for quite a while, but did you say expectations for COOPER?

Even with him coming back to earth that past couple of weeks, the kid has FAR exceeded any hope people could have had for him when he was acquired.

Hell, he's lucky to even made the field. And he's a freaking starter now. That's not just good, that's AWESOME.

htismaqe
12-09-2013, 10:51 PM
For what it's worth, after Albert went down against Denver, Con Miller lined up against Fisher exclusively the rest of the game. Fisher shut him down.

Fisher has made some great progress this season.

I just hope the Chiefs don't move him to LT solely because they feel like they have to justify his draft slot.

If the best configuration is Stephenson at LT and Fisher at RT, KEEP IT THAT WAY. The draft was over in April, it's about winning games now.

chiefzilla1501
12-10-2013, 12:01 AM
I'll admit, I've been gone for quite a while, but did you say expectations for COOPER?

Even with him coming back to earth that past couple of weeks, the kid has FAR exceeded any hope people could have had for him when he was acquired.

Hell, he's lucky to even made the field. And he's a freaking starter now. That's not just good, that's AWESOME.

The reactions on Cooper haven't been too bad. But there were plenty of people calling for his head because he struggled against San Diego and Denver. I am just talking about CP's pretty unreasonable view about how good rookies should be right away.

Pitt Gorilla
12-10-2013, 12:44 AM
As I've noted from the beginning, he will get better with time. He's extremely athletic and intelligent and has the drive to get better. Rookie linemen tend to struggle and he is no different.

penbrook
12-10-2013, 01:05 AM
After the season you let Albert walk. Use that money to re sign Smith. Keep Stephenson at LT and Fisher at RT. Re Sign Schwartz and Asamoah only if he will come cheap. Re sign T Jax. Draft a FS. Get a WR in Free Agency.

Saccopoo
12-10-2013, 02:40 AM

Bingo.

Saccopoo
12-10-2013, 02:49 AM
After the season you let Albert walk. Use that money to re sign Smith. Keep Stephenson at LT and Fisher at RT. Re Sign Schwartz and Asamoah only if he will come cheap. Re sign T Jax. Draft a FS. Get a WR in Free Agency.

I've said repeatedly that if Stephenson stayed in school for his senior season, he might have been the first OT off the board. He was definitely better than Lane Johnson on the same team and his combine measurables were nearly as impressive as Fishers. That being said, I think he's going to be your RT next year with Fisher at LT. Both are extremely athletic with huge frames and excellent feet (something that has plagued Albert his entire career - nonexistent kick step and has to lunge and punch to compensate for it and it results in a lot of false starts and holds - but god forbid people wouldn't stop fucking defending the guy around here as if he was the second coming of Willie Roaf), but Fisher seems to have a slight edge in his hand work which will probably get him the nod at LT over Don.

penbrook
12-10-2013, 02:51 AM
Why fix something if it ain't broke. I would have Stephenson at LT and keep Fisher at RT.

Tribal Warfare
12-10-2013, 03:06 AM
As I've noted from the beginning, he will get better with time. He's extremely athletic and intelligent and has the drive to get better. Rookie linemen tend to struggle and he is no different.

I also mentioned like Poe Fisher came from a Mid-Major school and now he's adjusting to the speed of the game like Dontari did last season.

warrior
12-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Schwartz instead of Asamoah continues make a surprising difference in the Oline.

Fisher has been improving all year, some people just refuse to acknowledge it because they are still pissed we drafted an OT instead of choco-peen.

LMAO

ILChief
12-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Someone is missing in this thread...

Rausch
12-10-2013, 07:34 AM
After the season you let Albert walk. Use that money to re sign Smith.

http://images.wikia.com/merlin1/images/5/5b/Gwaine_punch.gif

ct
12-10-2013, 08:11 AM

THIS

ct
12-10-2013, 08:19 AM
I just hope the Chiefs don't move him to LT solely because they feel like they have to justify his draft slot.

If the best configuration is Stephenson at LT and Fisher at RT, KEEP IT THAT WAY. The draft was over in April, it's about winning games now.

Totally agree with this! Don't move him just to move him. Fish hasn't played a single snap at LT, unless I fell asleep at some point, while Stephenson has filled in nicely for nearly 2 full seasons on the left, performing quite well. Leave it just like this for now, and let these guys sort it out next off season LT/RT.

Red Beans
12-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Someone is missing in this thread...

You say that three times and you'll summon him.

Rausch
12-10-2013, 08:38 AM

Yup.

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-10-2013, 09:04 AM
I feel dirty for saying this...

T-Jax has become a good player.

Lzen
12-10-2013, 09:08 AM
http://images.wikia.com/merlin1/images/5/5b/Gwaine_punch.gif

It's probably gonna happen. You had better get used to the idea.

Rausch
12-10-2013, 09:13 AM
It's probably gonna happen. You had better get used to the idea.

I think it might during the season but...eh...can't stomach another long term contract for a QB with a limited upside...

htismaqe
12-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Why fix something if it ain't broke. I would have Stephenson at LT and keep Fisher at RT.

I agree.

Unless Fisher shows in camp that he's clearly the better player.

Just put the best guy at each position and play the games.

Rausch
12-10-2013, 09:29 AM
I agree.

Unless Fisher shows in camp that he's clearly the better player.

Just put the best guy at each position and play the games.

And I'm not saying that Fish can't be that guy.

Hell, look how much better Stephenson looks compared to last year. Huge difference.

I just want Fish to play up and earn it...

htismaqe
12-10-2013, 09:48 AM
And I'm not saying that Fish can't be that guy.

Hell, look how much better Stephenson looks compared to last year. Huge difference.

I just want Fish to play up and earn it...

Same here. 100% agree.

Anyong Bluth
12-10-2013, 10:04 AM

London "Dead Fish" Fletcher

Selfish lover, and a crier after the deed is done.

Anyong Bluth
12-10-2013, 10:07 AM

Even with him coming back to earth that past couple of weeks, the kid has FAR exceeded anything hope people could have had for him when he was acquired.

Uh, ya! Cooper, even in spite of his poor play the last few games, is found money- free and clear.

BigBeauford
12-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Of course, he could look terrible again in his next game or two, and this thread will be just as silly as those who call him out. Still needs more time before the jury is out.

Chris Meck
12-10-2013, 12:10 PM
couple things-

I like Stephenson; however I think Fisher's ceiling is elite LT. I don't think Stephenson's ceiling is as high. Therefore, I'd flip them in the offseason. I'd definitely let Albert walk. I like them a lot as bookends for the next 5+years together.

Cooper was found money-and yeah, he's been targeted down the stretch. He's a rookie, I'd target him too. He's got all the ability you look for, he's big, he's fast, he's physical, and he's got the want-to. He's getting better even though he's making mistakes. He's going to be just fine. I like him and Smith a lot as outside corners and Flowers on any dangerous slot guy. As long as we have a pass rush; for a couple of weeks there when our pass rush disappeared they all looked bad. That's the downside of this sort of defense, it relies on pressure. we badly need a FS with some speed and instincts.

Shwartz definitely looks better than Asamoah.
Tjax has definitely become a good player. top 4 overall good? no.
Poe is a stud, but you can't play him 60 snaps a game anymore. He's wearing down. Give the kid a breather now and then.

aturnis
12-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Cooper has something like 21 passes defensed. By far the most in our secondary and good for 2nd or 3rd in the league. He's a baller.

htismaqe
12-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Cooper has something like 21 passes defensed. By far the most in our secondary and good for 2nd or 3rd in the league. He's a baller.

THIS.

TEX
12-10-2013, 01:05 PM

Exactly

Eleazar
12-10-2013, 01:17 PM
We need a marquee anti-Fisher thread to be the new "Tamba Hali? Mother **** you Carl" crow serving-dish

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2013, 01:20 PM
couple things-

I like Stephenson; however I think Fisher's ceiling is elite LT. I don't think Stephenson's ceiling is as high. Therefore, I'd flip them in the offseason. I'd definitely let Albert walk. I like them a lot as bookends for the next 5+years together.

Stephenson has a higher ceiling than Fisher IMO. Stephenson came out as a junior. Lane Johnson went #4 was the right tackle and Stephenson was the left tackle. He left school a year early and was taken in the 3rd round as redshirt junior, if he stayed at Oklahoma he would have been in the discussion for a top 5 pick.

Halfcan
12-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Selfish lover, and a crier after the deed is done.

:doh!: :LOL:

Easy 6
12-10-2013, 04:07 PM

A pro athlete with no pump, that's hilarious.