PDA

View Full Version : News White men, stop beating up on your girlfriends and blaming it on the "Knockout Game"

whoaskew
12-09-2013, 10:55 PM
The knockout game is a myth and everybody knows it.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2013/12/knockout_game_justin_simms_depew.php

The Latest "Knockout Game" Claim Was a Lie, But the Truth is Way More Depressing

In a depressing-yet-predictable twist, the 23-year-old woman whose battered face went viral in "knockout game" hysteria last month was actually hit by her boyfriend, not randomly attacked by a stranger, police say.
St. Louis police charged 25-year-old Justin Simms, of Arnold, and his girlfriend Ashley DePew, 23, with filing false police reports after the pair insisted DePew was suckerpunched by a random thug outside the Trophy Room bar in south city.

DePew told police and KMOV-TV (Channel 4) that she may have been the victim of the violent phenomenon turned national mania known as the "knockout game," where groups, especially of teenagers, viciously attack random victims.

See also: Knockout King: Kids call it a game. Academics call it a bogus trend. Cops call it murder.

Chief Sam Dotson tells reporters he was frustrated to see the lie go viral even as police told reporters early on that DePew's story was inconsistent.

"We had to spend a significant amount of resources unraveling the lies they told," Dotson told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "That's resources that could have been spent on other crimes, and it damaged the perception of the city. I hope these two individuals get help in their relationship."

DePew suffered a double fracture and needed reconstructive surgery, according to what she told friends and media.

See also: Apparently Knockout Game Has Similar Rules to Uno

The fake knockout narrative went like this: DePew and Simms stopped by the Trophy Room on Arsenal early on November 17 to pick up a drunk friend. The couple was separated in the crowd gathered outside, and someone stepped forward to punch DePew in the face.

"I dropped immediately to the ground and screaming and crying, and everybody just scattered," she told KMOV.

Turns out, it's all one big lie. Police say there is no evidence the couple was at the bar, and the drunk friend told investigators he never saw DePew or Simms that night, according to the Post-Dispatch.

The real story is hardly unusual, but it's still upsetting: The couple was arguing while driving when Simms angrily lashed out, hitting her in the eye, according to the Post-Dispatch.

The couple originally fed the lie to DePew's parents, who made the connection to knockout-game stories in St. Louis and other large American cities. DePew filed a police report two days later.

Titty Meat
12-09-2013, 10:56 PM
This will end well

Prison Bitch
12-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Somebody should knock out the O.P.

Just Passin' By
12-09-2013, 11:10 PM
http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/matt-vespa/knockout-game-goes-terribly-right-woman-wails-her-attacker

Psyko Tek
12-09-2013, 11:11 PM
you believe the knockout game is real, bitch?

Gadzooks
12-09-2013, 11:15 PM
you believe the knockout game is real, bitch?

It's rigged.

whoaskew
12-09-2013, 11:19 PM
http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/matt-vespa/knockout-game-goes-terribly-right-woman-wails-her-attacker

I watched the video and I didn't see the man hit the woman, but if he did, I am glad that she beat the shit out of him.

Now with that being said, other than the title of the video, what reason do we have to believe that the man was playing the Knockout game instead of committing simple assault on the woman?

J Diddy
12-09-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm white and no nothing of this knockout game.

KChiefer
12-09-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm white and no nothing of this knockout game.

That's just because you've never encountered a black person.

J Diddy
12-09-2013, 11:33 PM
That's just because you've never encountered a black person.I've got multiple good friends who are black. At one point I was engaged to a black woman.

I have encountered.

whoaskew
12-09-2013, 11:36 PM
For anybody that doesn't know this already, the Knockout game is a media creation.

The news shows you the same video over and over with someone getting knocked out in Great Britain, pretending like it happened here in the USA.

The only other video they keep showing is from about 5 years ago of a guy that got punched, and the media pretends like it happened recently.

There is no organized effort to convince the black youth across America to go out and attack random white people. That has never happened in the history of our country, and it is not happening now.

Stop believing everything the media tells you. It is not their job to tell you the truth.

Phobia
12-09-2013, 11:36 PM
I've got multiple good friends who are black. At one point I was engaged to a black woman.

I have encountered.

Where have I heard this story before?

Oh yeah, ... it's the same story every Ku Klux Klan member tells.

LiveSteam
12-09-2013, 11:38 PM
It's rigged.

LMAO

KChiefer
12-09-2013, 11:38 PM
I've got multiple good friends who are black. At one point I was engaged to a black woman.

I have encountered.

All the reconstructive surgery must have cost a fortune!

J Diddy
12-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Where have I heard this story before?

Oh yeah, ... it's the same story every Ku Klux Klan member tells.Go to a lot of Klan meetings do you?

J Diddy
12-09-2013, 11:42 PM
All the reconstructive surgery must have cost a fortune!I don't know what you're talking about.

Phobia
12-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Go to a lot of Klan meetings do you?

Used to. Got kicked out because one of my best friends is black.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Somebody should knock out the O.P.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI2ODY1ODcwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzYzNzUxMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

LiveSteam
12-09-2013, 11:47 PM
http://www.mrctv.org/videos/knockout-game-turns-attacker

J Diddy
12-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Used to. Got kicked out because one of my best friends is black.

I don't believe you. In fact, I think you are adopting a scene from Blazing Saddles into your real life.

KChiefer
12-09-2013, 11:55 PM
I don't know what you're talking about.

My attempt at humor. There's a thread about this "Knockout game" here that started a few weeks back. The usual "suspect blacks" crowd were ready to flee to Siberia.

Down4Chiefs
12-10-2013, 12:23 AM
I don't doubt people have randomly been knocked out,but its not some phenomenon. The media is irresponsible making it out to be some new craze everybodys doing,that may cause young knuckleheads to actually go out and do it.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-10-2013, 12:57 AM
Well this has nothing to do with cow mutilations being fake
there is nothing to cover up