PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Eric Fisher at LT or RT...

penbrook
12-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Let's face it Branden Albert more than likely will not be back next year. That leaves us with Stephenson and Fisher as out Tackles.

There has been talk about moving Fisher back to his original position of Left Tackle but Stephenson has shown he is more than capable of being a solid Left Tackle. Why fix something that ain't broke.

Next year it should be Stephensons job to lose at Left Tackle.

Hammock Parties
12-10-2013, 11:32 PM
i'm a big fan of hamburgers and pizza

RunKC
12-10-2013, 11:35 PM

what about hamburger flavored pizza?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Do you have your visions of future events while you are awake?
And what is your success rate?

Hammock Parties
12-10-2013, 11:36 PM

can be a good thing but i feel both greatnesses are diluted by this melding

HoneyBadger
12-10-2013, 11:37 PM
I made poopie

Canofbier
12-10-2013, 11:58 PM

I shit you not: there was bacon cheeseburger salad at the cafeteria at work today. I scoffed at it when I first saw it, but I'll be damned if I didn't grab a small portion of it before I confronted the cashier.

ChiefRocka
12-11-2013, 06:28 AM

Do you shit on them every chance you get also?

TribalElder
12-11-2013, 06:43 AM
Move him to safety

Ace Gunner
12-11-2013, 07:16 AM

minsky's cheeseburger pizza
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/b3/74/88/minsky-s-pizza.jpg

I didn't try it, but my friends did and they liked it.

Fisher is going to be this team's LT next year. Not sure how anyone can believe otherwise.

Ace Gunner
12-11-2013, 07:21 AM
also, there was a lot of questions surrounding Stephenson's foot speed and particularly his lacking lateral quickness -- there were questions whether Stephenson could play OT at this level because of those two factors. He's obviously worked on this, but he is not in Fisher's league as far as those two factors go.

htismaqe
12-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Let's face it Branden Albert more than likely will not be back next year. That leaves us with Stephenson and Fisher as out Tackles.

There has been talk about moving Fisher back to his original position of Left Tackle but Stephenson has shown he is more than capable of being a solid Left Tackle. Why fix something that ain't broke.

Next year it should be Stephensons job to lose at Left Tackle.

I agree that it should be Stephenson's job to lose but make sure it's a real competition. If Fisher comes out in the offseason and shows he's ready to take the spot, give it to him.

Either way, I think we're in good shape.

KCUnited
12-11-2013, 07:32 AM
minsky's cheeseburger pizza
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/b3/74/88/minsky-s-pizza.jpg

I didn't try it, but my friends did and they liked it.

Fisher is going to be this team's LT next year. Not sure how anyone can believe otherwise.

That's a Prime Cut, delicious btw. Their cheeseburger pizza is above average as well, sans onion, of course.

wazu
12-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Reid has claimed he doesn't value LT over RT.

BlackHelicopters
12-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Can he play RF?

Rausch
12-11-2013, 07:40 AM

http://www.fungoofylol.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/wtf_art.jpg

T-post Tom
12-11-2013, 08:04 AM

Not unlike when Paris Hilton's parents decided to have kids.

BossChief
12-11-2013, 08:10 AM
I'm justgladsomeone finally started a thread like this so that we can all have a place we can talk about this.

Thank you, Penbrook.

Thank you.

Sandy Vagina
12-11-2013, 09:12 AM
I agree that it should be Stephenson's job to lose but make sure it's a real competition. If Fisher comes out in the offseason and shows he's ready to take the spot, give it to him.

Either way, I think we're in good shape.

Pretty much THIS. Don't spend a ton of time on this competition... but give each a chance to really make the determination. Then, let them stay put and get to work on their respective spots. Should be enough offseason time for them to get comfortable and ready for September.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2013, 10:11 AM
RT the rest of this year
LT next year

competition will be involved, of course

Fat Elvis
12-11-2013, 10:11 AM

In today's NFL with pass rushers coming from both sides of the line that is a smart move.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Doesn't have to be "over"

imo Fisher is a better fit at LT, Stephenson at RT

htismaqe
12-11-2013, 10:22 AM
RT the rest of this year
LT next year

competition will be involved, of course

Yeah, I'm fine with people assuming Fisher will win a open competition for the LT job.

I'm just not fine with people thinking Fisher should be the LT because of where or why he was drafted.

Mav
12-11-2013, 10:37 AM

This is the point that no one wishes to accept.

Thank you for making it.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2013, 11:39 AM
This is the point that no one wishes to accept.

Thank you for making it.In my mind, value doesn't have anything to do with it.

Fisher looks to be a prototypical LT and Stephenson a RT

Fisher move to RT because of Albert and if that roadblock leaves then Fisher should be considered for the LT position.

RealSNR
12-11-2013, 12:55 PM
We should probably prepare for when Donald Stephenson's contract is up in 2016. Draft a tackle in the first round. Can never have too much depth. Groom him for the role.

And while the rookie gets settled in awhile, we probably need to think about Fisher's replacement after that. Don't want to overpay on our next contract, especially if he's not the greatest LT of all time!

Snapplez
12-11-2013, 01:14 PM
In my mind, value doesn't have anything to do with it.

Fisher move to RT because of Albert and if that roadblock leaves then Fisher should be considered for the LT position.

I think they roll with Stephenson at LT next year. They didn't bat an eye moving him to LT when Albert went down instead of putting the franchise RT in at LT. That doesn't show me they have a ton of faith in him switching sides to his "natural position" or some bullshit

The Franchise
12-11-2013, 01:20 PM
I think they roll with Stephenson at LT next year. They didn't bat an eye moving him to LT when Albert went down instead of putting the franchise RT in at LT. That doesn't show me they have a ton of faith in him switching sides to his "natural position" or some bullshit

Or it was the simple fact that moving Fisher from RT to LT after playing half of a season at RT would be retarded.

htismaqe
12-11-2013, 01:31 PM
In my mind, value doesn't have anything to do with it.

Actually, they're both prototypical LTs.

Sorter
12-11-2013, 01:46 PM
also, there was a lot of questions surrounding Stephenson's foot speed and particularly his lacking lateral quickness -- there were questions whether Stephenson could play OT at this level because of those two factors. He's obviously worked on this, but he is not in Fisher's league as far as those two factors go.

What in the fuck are you talking about?

Stephenson posted a top 10 3 cone for OL at the combine (7.52 seconds), as well as better 10 and 20 yard times than Kalil, Glenn, Reiff, Adams, Osemele, and Schwartz, to name a few.

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2013, 01:47 PM
What in the **** are you talking about?

Stephenson posted a top 10 3 cone for OL at the combine (7.52 seconds), as well as better 10 and 20 yard times than Kalil, Glenn, Reiff, Adams, Osemele, and Schwartz, to name a few.

Dude he is a fucking moron.

Sorter
12-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Additionally, Stephenson out performed Fisher in 10, 20, 40 yard times as well as 3 cone.

Sorter
12-11-2013, 01:50 PM
ROFL.

From NFL.com: Stephenson is very quick out of his stance, and this is his one shining quality. Has good footwork and is a lateral mover...Good when puling and working in the open field

RealSNR
12-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Sorter, did Ace Gunner ever tell you his theory about why Branden Albert had more success in his rookie year than he did in 2009?

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Sorter, did Ace Gunner ever tell you his theory about why Branden Albert had more success in his rookie year than he did in 2009?

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Kansas+City+Chiefs+v+St+Louis+Rams+9pstVkTOJC-m.jpg

ct
12-11-2013, 02:06 PM

link? must read

Sorter
12-11-2013, 02:07 PM

No but I'd love to read about it.

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2013, 02:11 PM
link? must read

No but I'd love to read about it.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9856737&postcount=259

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9874302&postcount=18

Sorter
12-11-2013, 02:15 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9856737&postcount=259

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=9874302&postcount=18

Oh my.

Easy 6
12-11-2013, 02:24 PM
I could personally care less where they put'em, but i'd bet my last dollar they want Fish at left tackle if at all possible.

Mav
12-11-2013, 06:08 PM
I could personally care less where they put'em, but i'd bet my last dollar they want Fish at left tackle if at all possible.

I don't. It was well documented that Andy sees em as interchangeable.

Ace Gunner
12-12-2013, 07:37 AM
What in the **** are you talking about?

3 cone drill is a lateral movement drill? nope. no lateral movement. basically wtf are you talking about son

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/sLs6CxMGV0A?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/sLs6CxMGV0A?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

this is a lateral movement drill

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/WlfjZl21CMk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/WlfjZl21CMk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

htismaqe
12-12-2013, 07:56 AM
3 cone drill is a lateral movement drill? nope. no lateral movement. basically wtf are you talking about son

You conveniently neglected the fact that you said lateral movement AND foot speed.

God you're dumb.

Ace Gunner
12-12-2013, 08:03 AM
You conveniently neglected the fact that you said lateral movement AND foot speed.

God you're dumb.

we're talking offensive linemen here. sprints aren't part of the discussion unless you're a desperate argumentative idiot.

Sorter
12-12-2013, 12:09 PM
we're talking offensive linemen here. sprints aren't part of the discussion unless you're a desperate argumentative idiot.

You're the one who mentioned foot speed as a part of your argument.

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner:
also, there was a lot of questions surrounding Stephenson's foot speed and particularly his lacking lateral quickness

Then, when provided with links discussing his ability to move laterally, his quickness ("foot speed") and documented occurrences of him outperforming Fisher in combine events relevant to the traits discussed, you become upset and decide "well, that wasn't a part of the discussion".

Ace Gunner
12-12-2013, 12:46 PM
He's an OL player. His area of the field is merely a few square yards. players like this need to be able to keep their balance while blocking, which requires fast foot speed. Not sure why you don't get that from this discussion, but hey.. that's what we want from linemen, is footspeed to recover, footspeed to move in all directions, too, including laterally, to keep in front of pass rushers.

Stephenson doesn't move in any direction better/quicker than Fisher. Not imo. If that's your opinion, okay. But links to other opinions just don't weigh as heavily as simply watching these two players on the field.

If they don't put Fisher at LT when Albert leaves, I'll acknowledge your victory here. But if Fisher is the future LT & Stephenson is not, I think my point is proven.

Rausch
12-12-2013, 12:54 PM
He's an OL player. His area of the field is merely a few square yards. players like this need to be able to keep their balance while blocking, which requires fast foot speed. Not sure why you don't get that from this discussion, but hey.. that's what we want from linemen, is footspeed to recover, footspeed to move in all directions, too, including laterally, to keep in front of pass rushers.

Stephenson doesn't move in any direction better/quicker than Fisher. Not imo. If that's your opinion, okay. But links to other opinions just don't weigh as heavily as simply watching these two players on the field. .

Fish has $#it leverage, strength, and mobility compared to 2/3rds the teams we've played.

Offensive line battles are won by:

1) First touch and ability to direct contact. Be explosive and the first to direct the battle.

2) Leverage. You either have it or you don't...

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 12:56 PM
But if Fisher is the future LT & Stephenson is not, I think my point is proven.

Or they put Fisher at LT because of his draft position.

Easy 6
12-12-2013, 01:31 PM
I don't. It was well documented that Andy sees em as interchangeable.

The good news is that i don't care either way, as long as what they decide on works.

BlackHelicopters
12-12-2013, 02:19 PM