PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We were the straw...

Strongside
12-11-2013, 09:46 AM
That finally broke RG3's back.

Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason 2m
RT @JeffDarlington: Redskins players have been told Rex Grossman will backup Kirk Cousins on Sunday -- and RGriffin III will be inactive.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Lol fail.

Strongside
12-11-2013, 09:49 AM
I didn't even know Rex Grossman was still in the league. Or alive for that matter.

milkman
12-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Off topic a bit, but I wonder if there are people here that wanted Mike Shanahan to be hired here who feel that it was a mistake that we didn't go after him when he was available?

Ace Gunner
12-11-2013, 09:52 AM
shanny wants a paid vacation

Ace Gunner
12-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Off topic a bit, but I wonder if there are people here that wanted Mike Shanahan to be hired here who feel that it was a mistake that we didn't go after him when he was available?

I don't know the answer to that question, but here's your chance to rub dirt in my eye -- if Cousins plays well, of course.

Strongside
12-11-2013, 09:55 AM

I'm didn't want him...I despised him with Denver, so he would have been easy to give the boot if things went South. I don't, however, know how much of what is going on in Washington is his fault. I think it's a caustic mix of egos and outside influences. Whitlock makes a good point here:

Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason 9m
There's blame on both sides. This is the Shanahans vs the Griffins, dads and sons. Each group has 1 too many people involved.

Mile High Mania
12-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Shanahan is a fine coach, but he should never have been given 'total control' again and he shouldn't be allowed to hire his son to run the offense. I was hoping for the best with him in WAS, but that has failed.

Buehler445
12-11-2013, 09:59 AM

I didn't fucking want him. I hate that cock sucking cheating lying fucking scumbag.

However, since he has full control, I hope he cuts RG3 and we pick him up. We still have first claim on the waiver wire right? Won't happen I know, but I'd laugh.

Strongside
12-11-2013, 10:00 AM
LMAO

lindsey ok ‏@lindseyyok 59m
I can't wait for Kirk Cousins' Subway commercial.

T-post Tom
12-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Wow. Bob is a healthy scratch? The rat has gone to Defcon 4. How long before Snyder sends Tonya Harding to the rat's office with a Louisville Slugger?

Nzoner
12-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Now if we could just be the straw to break Peyton's back.

Strongside
12-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Now if we could just be the straw to break Peyton's back.

I'm hoping to win our first round game, and then go into their house and stomp the dog shit out of them in front of their home crowd - Similar to what they did to us in 1998. IIRC, we had beaten them twice that year and they came into Arrowhead and beat us in the playoffs. I'm hoping for the reverse. How sweet it would be.

Buehler445
12-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Wow. Bob is a healthy scratch? The rat has gone to Defcon 4. How long before Snyder sends Tonya Harding to the rat's office with a Louisville Slugger?

ROFL

Nzoner
12-11-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm hoping to win our first round game, and then go into their house and stomp the dog shit out of them in front of their home crowd - Similar to what they did to us in 1998. IIRC, we had beaten them twice that year and they came into Arrowhead and beat us in the playoffs. I'm hoping for the reverse. How sweet it would be.

I was at the '94 game in Mile High,Montana vs. Elway and your scenario above would surpass that great feeling by eleventy billion.

htismaqe
12-11-2013, 10:19 AM
I don't know the answer to that question, but here's your chance to rub dirt in my eye -- if Cousins plays well, of course.

Define "well".

Cousins will play just good enough to make people not hate him and just bad enough that the Redskins won't actually make any progress.

Kirk Cousins is the very definition of "meh".

tooge
12-11-2013, 10:22 AM
But, but, but, at least Washington had the balls to move up in the draft and take a franchise QB. LOL

Strongside
12-11-2013, 10:23 AM
I was at the '94 game in Mile High,Montana vs. Elway and your scenario above would surpass that great feeling by eleventy billion.

The only thing better would be us and the 6 seed running the table to set up the AFC Championship game at Arrowhead.

milkman
12-11-2013, 10:26 AM

Which topic of contention would you be wrong about, again?

Chiefnj2
12-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Snyder should be happy. Griffins mechanics have gone to hell. No point risking an injury with all the sacks he's taking. Hope Cousins plays well so you can get some draft picks for your new HC.

Ace Gunner
12-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Which topic of contention would you be wrong about, again?

actually the topic is about your integrity, not mine. you called for Cousins to be the QB instead of Smiff and I cussed you for inferring Cousins was good enough to start for even the lowly Chiefs. I just thought I'd bring this up. mr right.

Ace Gunner
12-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Define "well".

Cousins will play just good enough to make people not hate him and just bad enough that the Redskins won't actually make any progress.

Kirk Cousins is the very definition of "meh".

wins. puts his team in position to win. there are a number of ways an NFL QB can do this, so I'm not going to write them all out here, but the bottom line is win.

The Franchise
12-11-2013, 10:38 AM
RG3 needs to take the rest of the season to rest and start working on his mechanics.

And then Shannahan and his shitty son need to leave that fucking team. The Redskins need an entire new coaching staff....with an actual GM in charge.

FloridaMan88
12-11-2013, 10:39 AM

Shanahan would have been better than Todd Haley.

ModSocks
12-11-2013, 10:40 AM
That ship sunk fast, eh?

RGIII Did look like shit on Sunday though.

Rausch
12-11-2013, 10:41 AM
That Rat is one sly motherfucker...LMAO

ChiTown
12-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Bring him in for a look?

htismaqe
12-11-2013, 10:44 AM
wins. puts his team in position to win. there are a number of ways an NFL QB can do this, so I'm not going to write them all out here, but the bottom line is win.

Like I said, he'll win just enough for people not to completely hate him.

He's a 9-7 guy. A game manager in every sense of the word.

Mav
12-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Not only is RG3 inactive, but THEY ARENT EVEN ALLOWING HIM TO TRAVEL WITH THE TEAM.

Shanahan is BEGGING to be fired.

htismaqe
12-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Is Griffin's DAD really involved?

Dayze
12-11-2013, 10:47 AM
couldn't happen to a better guy (Shannahan)

ptlyon
12-11-2013, 10:48 AM
What a great QB draft class!

ct
12-11-2013, 10:49 AM
if, big if, but if the conspiracy theories are not correct that shanny is looking to get sacked, I wonder if this is a shot in the dark attempt to make cousins look attractive for a trade, to recoup some draft picks already short from rg3 trade.

Rausch
12-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Not only is RG3 inactive, but THEY ARENT EVEN ALLOWING HIM TO TRAVEL WITH THE TEAM.

It just gets better.

What a Haley-esque fail...

Ace Gunner
12-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Like I said, he'll win just enough for people not to completely hate him.

He's a 9-7 guy. A game manager in every sense of the word.

really? I don't think this guy can win at this level. hey, I am wrong now and then, but I don't see what you see in this guy.

mdchiefsfan
12-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Is Griffin's DAD really involved?

This is what I want to know.

htismaqe
12-11-2013, 11:01 AM
really? I don't think this guy can win at this level. hey, I am wrong now and then, but I don't see what you see in this guy.

I don't see anything in the guy. I think you're reading me wrong.

I watched Cousins his entire college career. With a stout defense and a good running game, he can do enough to not lose the game.

For all the complaining around here about Ricky Stanzi, it's hilarious to see the love for Cousins, who is basically a poor man's Ricky Stanzi.

htismaqe
12-11-2013, 11:01 AM
This is what I want to know.

If he is, then good for Shanahan.

Everybody hates Mike because of Denver, I get it.

But if Lil' Bobby's DAD is involved, that's just fucking grade school.

Skyy God
12-11-2013, 11:06 AM
That Rat is one sly mother****er...LMAO

This. He's trying to get fired.

The Franchise
12-11-2013, 11:08 AM

But if Lil' Bobby's DAD is involved, that's just fucking grade school.

That ENTIRE team is fucked.

mdchiefsfan
12-11-2013, 11:13 AM

But if Lil' Bobby's DAD is involved, that's just ****ing grade school.

Exactly. This would be just a shit storm if that is the case. Anybody have any more info about RGJR being involved?

I went to the game Sunday and while I was on the metro I heard someone saying that RGIII's dad was an issue. I kind of scoffed at the notion, but this now the second time I have heard his name in association with these issues.

Ace Gunner
12-11-2013, 11:28 AM
It just gets better.

What a Haley-esque fail...

did haley bench a QB drafted 1.2 or is this another one of your whiny weakass posts.

Rausch
12-11-2013, 11:37 AM
did haley bench a QB drafted 1.2 or is this another one of your whiny weakass posts.

Thanks for posting...

wazu
12-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Shanahan is being nice. If I were him and wanted to sabotage, I'd play RG3 and run read-option for the last 3 weeks. Instead he's leaving behind a healthy RG3 and building trade value for Cousins.

The Franchise
12-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Shanahan is being nice. If I were him and wanted to sabotage, I'd play RG3 and run read-option for the last 3 weeks. Instead he's leaving behind a healthy RG3 and building trade value for Cousins.

ROFL @ trade value. No one is going to trade for Cousins. He's not a starting QB.

BlackHelicopters
12-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Rams are happier by the minute.

Chief Roundup
12-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Now if we could just be the straw to break Peyton's neck.

FYP

Chief Roundup
12-11-2013, 12:11 PM
So if some of you think Shanrat wants to be fired. Is that a prelude to go to the Texans where he can coach a team built by Kubiak?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-11-2013, 12:14 PM

I've heard that RG3 is a prima dona. He thinks he's better than he is and so does his dad. And they both aren't shy to tell the head coach that. What a piece of shit(s).

SuperChief
12-11-2013, 12:27 PM

That's weird that you want to turn this into a "you're stupid," finger-pointing affair. Totally unexpected.

htismaqe
12-11-2013, 01:26 PM
ROFL @ trade value. No one is going to trade for Cousins. He's not a starting QB.

But he's Kirk Cousins!

Down4Chiefs
12-11-2013, 03:09 PM
that entire team played like shit on Sunday,wonder why they would single out Griffin. Guys were just playing to not get hurt out there on the Redskins.

HemiEd
12-11-2013, 03:36 PM

If I remember correctly, there was a poster very talented at making gifs that wanted him pretty badly.

Shannahan-Elway = Pioli-Brady

Now of course Brady has made more than one career.

milkman
12-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Shanahan would have been better than Todd Haley.

Better than bad does not equal good.

But to that point, 24-36 is so much better than 19-26, isn't it?

milkman
12-11-2013, 06:04 PM
That's weird that you want to turn this into a "you're stupid," finger-pointing affair. Totally unexpected.

Not really finger pointing.

Just curious if opinions have changed.

Mav
12-11-2013, 06:04 PM
I've heard that RG3 is a prima dona. He thinks he's better than he is and so does his dad. And they both aren't shy to tell the head coach that. What a piece of shit(s).

I knew that when he told Cleveland he didn't want to be drafted by them

Mav
12-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Wait. So cousin's is trash?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-11-2013, 06:26 PM
We were the straw...

...to stir the anitfreeze

Valiant
12-11-2013, 07:11 PM
But, but, but, at least Washington had the balls to move up in the draft and take a franchise QB. LOL

I still think he can be.. This is almost the same thing people were harping on Cam about..

ghak99
12-11-2013, 07:24 PM
I still think he can be.. This is almost the same thing people were harping on Cam about..

So it's a black thing?

htismaqe
12-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Wait. So cousin's is trash?

Not really. Just BLAH.

Mr. Mediocre.

Dunerdr
12-11-2013, 08:06 PM
It feels nice that were the straw instead of the broke dick camel for a change.

Titty Meat
12-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Did anyone see RGIIIs commentd after the game? Unacceptable for a guy who's suppose to be a leader.

RealSNR
12-11-2013, 08:15 PM

There's gotta be an NFL GM as dumb as Jon Gruden.

Gruden thinks Cousins going onto the trade market is the best possible option out of the draft/trade/free agent options this year

Dunerdr
12-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Hes not a leader. Hes just a kid with all the talent in the world but hes not a carry the team guy yet. He doesnt have that fearless tough love running this mother fucker attitude.

mdchiefsfan
12-11-2013, 09:07 PM
I knew that when he told Cleveland he didn't want to be drafted by them

I thought he said that he knew he wouldn't be drafted by them, so he didn't want to waste his time; or something like that.