PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late Night Bullshit: Would you trade our first and third for RGIII?

BossChief
12-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Well, would you?

I know it would be a slap in the face of Alex, but RGIII has a chance to be like, the -best quarterback of all time- kinda good if he can be saddled to the right coach. Andy loved Vicks style and when RGIII is 100%, he is head and shoulders better than Vick ever was and has seemingly limitless potential if used correctly.

For whatever reasons, RGIII and MS never clicked and always butted heads. I think Andy would force Robert to be a passer first and would be patient with the kids development.

I know this is NEVER gonna happen, but I'm bored and I'm tired of all the OL talk.

BWillie
12-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Nope.

Urc Burry
12-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Like you said, it will never happen.. But I would in a heartbeat

Fritz88
12-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Not even for a first.

-King-
12-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Hell no. He'll be out of the league in 5 years. Dude's fragile. Ego and body.

lewdog
12-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Where's Milkman???

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2013, 09:42 PM
You're not winning the Super Bowl with Alex Smith as the QB. If Griffin meets his considerable potential you could have a team capable of ripping off several SB runs. If he can't come back, your team is hurt, but you aren't any comparatively any worse off if your goal is to win the Super Bowl. If you want to go 9-7, then yeah, it's a decent risk.

-King-
12-11-2013, 09:46 PM
You're not winning the Super Bowl with Alex Smith as the QB. If Griffin meets his considerable potential you could have a team capable of ripping off several SB runs. If he can't come back, your team is hurt, but you aren't any comparatively any worse off if your goal is to win the Super Bowl. If you want to go 9-7, then yeah, it's a decent risk.

Griffin isn't winning the superbowl either.

DaFace
12-11-2013, 09:48 PM

People thought that Cam sucked in recent years as well. Sometimes guys just need time - especially coming off of a major injury. He's certainly got more tools than anybody else we'd get next year.

O.city
12-11-2013, 09:48 PM
I would do it, but I'm starting to think RGIII is a little more gimmicky than once thought.

DaFace
12-11-2013, 09:49 PM
For the record, I hate polls with leading options. I don't think he "has every tool you could ever want in a QB," but I still think he's worth a 1st and 3rd.

O.city
12-11-2013, 09:50 PM
People thought that Cam sucked in recent years as well. Sometimes guys just need time - especially coming off of a major injury. He's certainly got more tools than anybody else we'd get next year.

As much as people drool over the "tools" stuff, which is cool to see, it still takes a guy being able to make plays from the pocket and reading a defense to win in the playoffs.

Cam has gotten much better at that now, RGIII and Kaep not so much. Still 1 read, 1 side of the field kind of guys at this point. Still early in their process though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2013, 09:50 PM

Another great example of why this fanbase just doesn't have the patience to develop a quarterback.

Like the book is written on a guy coming off of a torn ACL 30 games into his career.

Ridiculous.

Reerun_KC
12-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Nope.

WakkaWakka
Yup

-King-

I never thought Cam sucked. And Cam never took the hits Griffin takes. Griffin can't take a hit like a normal person. Every hit looks like he got hit by a mack truck. He won't last long in the league.

And yeah he has tools but so do a lot of QBs. In the past few weeks he's spent post game conferences blaming other players and his coach for his mistakes. That's not what a franchise QB does. Even when Cam was "pouting" he was still taking leadership and owning up to mistakes.

O.city
12-11-2013, 09:52 PM

Cam is also a physical freak of nature, something that RGIII isn't.

I'm just not a huge fan of my franchise QB running around like that, that much.

DaFace
12-11-2013, 09:52 PM
As much as people drool over the "tools" stuff, which is cool to see, it still takes a guy being able to make plays from the pocket and reading a defense to win in the playoffs.

Cam has gotten much better at that now, RGIII and Kaep not so much. Still 1 read, 1 side of the field kind of guys at this point. Still early in their process though.

Well, right. He's got a full year on both of them, so he should be a little further along.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2013, 09:54 PM

57.7%
19 TDs
12 INTs

60.1%
16 TDs
12 INTs

59.8%
20 TDs
17 INTs

Who are they?

O.city
12-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Well, right. He's got a full year on both of them, so he should be a little further along.

Yes, and even wiht that year, Cam still isn't (from my limited view of Panthers games) that skilled at it, or what he needs to be.

However, I'd take Cam over RGIII or Kaep, but I'd still take Luck over all of them.

O.city
12-11-2013, 09:56 PM
57.7%
19 TDs
12 INTs

60.1%
16 TDs
12 INTs

59.8%
20 TDs
17 INTs

Who are they?

I'm guessing Matt Ryan is one of them? I have not a clue though.

DaFace
Yes, and even wiht that year, Cam still isn't (from my limited view of Panthers games) that skilled at it, or what he needs to be.

However, I'd take Cam over RGIII or Kaep, but I'd still take Luck over all of them.

Yeah, I'd agree with that ranking.

-King-
Another great example of why this fanbase just doesn't have the patience to develop a quarterback.

Don't use that stupid ass logic on me. There are many young QBs I'd love to have. I'm one of the biggest Cam supporters on this board and supported him even in his down year last year.

Like the book is written on a guy coming off of a torn ACL 30 games into his career.

Ridiculous.

It's not written. But I haven't seen anything that leads me to think he's going to be great. He hasn't progressed at all this season from week one to week 14, and his attitude hasn't been close to what was advertised when he was coming out. When you have teammates coming out publicly calling you out for your leadership, there's a problem. When you keep blaming others even after you're called out, there's a problem.

And like I said, dude is fragile.

J Diddy

Ridiculous.

He's a running back with a qb number.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm guessing Matt Ryan is one of them? I have not a clue though.

Cam Newton, Year Two

Robert Griffin, Year Two

Matt Stafford, Year Four

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-11-2013, 09:58 PM
But RGIII is a worse deep passer then Alex Smith.

Imon Yourside
12-11-2013, 09:59 PM
He's no Alex Smiff!

sfuria
12-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Are you high? Why screw with what we have going??

Pablo
12-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Yes.

O.city
12-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Cam Newton, Year Two

Robert Griffin, Year Two

Matt Stafford, Year Four

I'm not a big Stafford fan at all, so that doesn't surprise me.

I think that also speaks to the fact that coaches of said QB's have "dumbed" down the system for those guys early leading to early success, which is all fine and good in October and November, but changes a bit when it gets into January and defenses tend to get better.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Don't use that stupid ass logic on me. There are many young QBs I'd love to have. I'm one of the biggest Cam supporters on this board and supported him even in his down year last year.

It's not written. But I haven't seen anything that leads me to think he's going to be great. He hasn't progressed at all this season from week one to week 14, and his attitude hasn't been close to what was advertised when he was coming out. When you have teammates coming out publicly calling you out for your leadership, there's a problem. When you keep blaming others even after you're called out, there's a problem.

And like I said, dude is fragile.

He suffers a major knee injury and he's fragile? Is Matt Stafford still fragile? Was Joe Montana fragile? By your standards, he certainly was.

No one is denying that he's struggling this year, but he's also playing on a gimpy wheel with a bad coach and poor skill position players. Knees heal, but it takes time. It also takes time to learn the position. Young quarterbacks struggle. Cam Newton lost to Brady fucking Quinn last year, and threw his team and coaches under the bus more than once. If you'd like, I can post the video.

BossChief
How is RGIII not a physical freak of nature?

When healthy, the guy rubs a sub 4.4 and has a rocket arm.

Did I mention is is very very smart and his instincts and vision are nearly off the charts good when he is "on".

O.city
12-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I'd agree with that ranking.

It still chaps me that the year the Colts suck, Manning and Luck are right there yet when we do, it's a dumbshit RT.

Oh well.

O.city
12-11-2013, 10:03 PM
How is RGIII not a physical freak of nature?

When healthy, the guy rubs a sub 4.4 and has a rocket arm.

Did I mention is is very very smart and his instincts and vision are nearly off the charts good when he is "on".

IMO, to get to the next level, dude needs to play more like Rodgers and less like Cam.

The speed thing kind of hurts him with his build.

penbrook
12-11-2013, 10:03 PM
So does Alex Smith deserve that extension after this season?

BossChief
12-11-2013, 10:05 PM
He suffers a major knee injury and he's fragile? Is Matt Stafford still fragile? Was Joe Montana fragile? By your standards, he certainly was.

No one is denying that he's struggling this year, but he's also playing on a gimpy wheel with a bad coach and poor skill position players. Knees heal, but it takes time. It also takes time to learn the position. Young quarterbacks struggle. Cam Newton lost to Brady ****ing Quinn last year, and threw his team and coaches under the bus more than once. If you'd like, I can post the video.

I was gonna post most of this until I hit "go advanced" and saw you have it all covered.

Pablo
We'd just use those picks to draft another busted OL and TE anyhow.

O.city
Isn't this like his 3 torn ACL/torn up knee though?

Mama Hip Rockets
For the record, I hate polls with leading options. I don't think he "has every tool you could ever want in a QB," but I still think he's worth a 1st and 3rd.

I agree. I wouldn't do it "without blinking," but I'd definitely consider it.

Sorter
12-11-2013, 10:06 PM

2nd IIRC

O.city
12-11-2013, 10:06 PM
2nd IIRC

I know he tore it 1 at BU.

BossChief
12-11-2013, 10:08 PM
IMO, to get to the next level, dude needs to play more like Rodgers and less like Cam.

The speed thing kind of hurts him with his build.

He needs to learn the intricacies of being a pocket passer while not dumbing down his god given abilities.

His elusiveness, acceleration and vision should give him an uncanny ability to keep plays alive and make the big play while keeping defenses honest by gashing them a couple times for monster yards.

He just needs to Learn a few things and if he were to pair with a guy like Andy Reid, WOW.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2013, 10:08 PM

It's #2 (he did suffer a torn LCL last year, though).

With that said, say Griffin turns from a Mike Vick caliber runner into an Aaron Rodgers level runner. He still has a big arm, he's smart, and he's an intense competitor. So he goes from one of the most dangerous runners in league history to a guy who is only a threat to run for 3-400 yards a year. How is that really a problem?

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2013, 10:09 PM
RGIII would rape in Andy Reid's offense.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-11-2013, 10:09 PM
No. It's not his shitty attitude and it's not the 2 ACL'S. It's the combination of everything.

-King-
12-11-2013, 10:10 PM
He's suffered TWO major knee injuries. And he spends more time on the training table between series than any other QB because of how he takes hits.

No one is denying that he's struggling this year, but he's also playing on a gimpy wheel with a bad coach and poor skill position players. Knees heal, but it takes time. It also takes time to learn the position. Young quarterbacks struggle. Cam Newton lost to Brady fucking Quinn last year, and threw his team and coaches under the bus more than once. If you'd like, I can post the video.
I agree. I just don't think he'll get better before his next injury which I assure you is coming. Cam is more durable than most QBs in the league due to his size and he knows how to take hits and get down. RGIII is none of those things. He's VERY small and he can't take hits and seldom gets down in time.

BossChief
12-11-2013, 10:10 PM
So does Alex Smith deserve that extension after this season?

If he wins us a playoff game, they can build a statue of him for all I care.

BossChief
12-11-2013, 10:13 PM
He does need to have better awareness, though. The criticisms about him taking too many hits is absolutely valid and needs to be stressed until the kid gets it.

Slide
Get out of bounds
Avoid contact
Protect your legs
Get down

Sorter
12-11-2013, 10:14 PM
He's suffered TWO major knee injuries. And he spends more time on the training table between series than any other QB because of how he takes hits.

I agree. I just don't think he'll get better before his next injury which I assure you is coming. Cam is more durable than most QBs in the league due to his size and he knows how to take hits and get down. RGIII is none of those things. He's VERY small and he can't take hits and seldom gets down in time.

Well, we trade for him, call Landry for some tips and boom.

http://themeatlockersports.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/laron-landry-ripped-muscles.jpg

Problem solved. Super knee. We could even market it as a local superhero. "The Knee Rebuilt" or something sappy like that for the children.

However, we have may have created another problem in making another Hulk.

Jimmya
12-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Yes.

GloucesterChief
12-11-2013, 10:16 PM
If by RGIII you mean Russell Wilson.....

Sorter
12-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Seriously, imagine RG3's legs like that.

Now, after imagining, report to Jack Harry.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2013, 10:19 PM

I often wonder how much of "knowing how to take hits" is just a narrative. Dexter McCluster doesn't seem to know how to take hits either, yet he's remarkably missed few games. Rob Gronkowski doesn't seem to get lit up, yet he can't stay on the field.

I also don't buy the "build" argument. Robert Griffin is 6'2 222 pounds. Is Aaron Rodgers too small to play QB? Is Russell Wilson? Drew Brees? Colin Kaepernick's build (6'4, 230) is not measurably different from Griffin's either.

Easy 6
12-11-2013, 10:36 PM
I'd swear those measurements on griffin are fudged, in no way does he look that big... i'd love to see him stand side by side with other names mentioned.

lcarus
12-11-2013, 10:38 PM
It it wasn't for the health issues, then yes. But obviously this probably wouldn't even be a question if that were the case.

BossChief
12-11-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm shocked there are so many no votes right now.

Have you guys forgotten how good this kid was last year?

Mr. Laz
12-11-2013, 10:44 PM
I'm shocked there are so many no votes right now.

Have you guys forgotten how good this kid was last year?

How long will he stay healthy though?

2 knees already and he doesn't seem to understand how to avoid getting hit

apparently he also circumvented his HC

probably would do it, but ...

tecumseh
12-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Not a 1st and a 3rd. We can do well and give up less.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2013, 10:46 PM
I'd swear those measurements on griffin are fudged, in no way does he look that big... i'd love to see him stand side by side with other names mentioned.

Take it up with the Combine.

ThaVirus
12-11-2013, 10:49 PM
I often wonder how much of "knowing how to take hits" is just a narrative. Dexter McCluster doesn't seem to know how to take hits either, yet he's remarkably missed few games. Rob Gronkowski doesn't seem to get lit up, yet he can't stay on the field.

Come on, Hamas.

Knowing how to "take hits" as a QB is definitely a skill. More than actually taking hits, I consider knowing how not to take a hit as a major plus in a franchise QB.

The sidelines are your friend. The slide is your friend. The new rules to protect the QBs when running out of bounds and sliding are your friend.

It seems RGIII just wants to squeeze out every run for all it's worth but in all actuality, an 8 yard run and a clean jersey is worth much more from a QB than 11 and a dirty one.

The Franchise
12-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Fucking yes.

durtyrute
12-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Hell no. He'll be out of the league in 5 years. Dude's fragile. Ego and body.

This!! I was fucking amazed at the hype surrounding this guy coming out. I see the talent, but he will be broken sooner rather than later.

Simply Red
12-11-2013, 10:55 PM
I was gonna post most of this until I hit "go advanced" and saw you have it all covered.

I'm sure he covered it much better than you would have.

BossChief
12-11-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm sure he covered it much better than you would have.

Absolutely and thank you for your opinion. :thumb:

wazu
12-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Another way to look at this poll - would you trade Eric Fisher and Knile Davis for RG3?

notorious
12-11-2013, 11:15 PM
Another way to look at this poll - would you trade Eric Fisher and Knile Davis for RG3?

Damn.

Just, Damn.

-King-
12-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Are Eric Fisher and Davis the guy's we're drafting next year?

ThaVirus
12-11-2013, 11:18 PM
May sound kind of strange, but I'd trade our 1st and 3rd for RGIII circa April 2012 before I'd trade for him now.

He's damaged goods and I'd love to see what Andy could do with a clean slate RGIII.

BossChief
12-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Dontari Poe and Donald Stephenson

Albert and Charles

Baldwin and Houston (Houston is so good, he makes up for Baldwin)

Tyson and Magee

Berry and Moeaki

DaFace
12-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Are Eric Fisher and Davis the guy's we're drafting next year?

Our picks won't be anywhere near as high as those were, so I'd think those guys are even on the high end of what we might expect the equivalent to be.

Bewbies
12-11-2013, 11:32 PM
The people who say no to this think 2 seconds for Alex Smith Is a steal. LMAO

If we did this I'd need a cigarette, RG3 + Reid would be crazy...but it won't happen until he's 30 and clearly not good enough to win it all, and had played for the 49ers.

12-12-2013, 12:16 AM
He doesn't have "every tool you could want in a QB" but yes, I would take him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Come on, Hamas.

Knowing how to "take hits" as a QB is definitely a skill. More than actually taking hits, I consider knowing how not to take a hit as a major plus in a franchise QB.

The sidelines are your friend. The slide is your friend. The new rules to protect the QBs when running out of bounds and sliding are your friend.

It seems RGIII just wants to squeeze out every run for all it's worth but in all actuality, an 8 yard run and a clean jersey is worth much more from a QB than 11 and a dirty one.

It's not a terribly difficult skill to learn, but you are arguing about something else entirely different. Leaving himself prone to big hits =/ doesn't know how to take hits.

crazycoffey
12-12-2013, 01:04 AM
Nope, not even if we got a third from the redskins to take him

ThaVirus
12-12-2013, 01:05 AM
It's not a terribly difficult skill to learn, but you are arguing about something else entirely different. Leaving himself prone to big hits =/ doesn't know how to take hits.

Without getting technical I'd include knowing when to slide, when to run out of bounds, what types of defenders it's OK to lower your shoulder on, angling your body in a way that doesn't send you on your ass, etc. as a part of knowing how to take a hit although I recognize sliding and running to the sidelines isn't actually taking a hit.

Either way, anyone that's watched the man knows when he actually gets hit, he gets rocked more often than not. As somebody mentioned, he actually has good size, but maybe it's his frame. He's pretty long and has some serious chicken legs. Maybe he just doesn't have the leg strength to drive through a hit, so he always goes backwards and it looks like he's getting walloped? Who knows.

.. But thinking about that playoff game last season for instance. He was out there running around still not doing a damn thing to avoid the hits after it was obvious he had aggravated his knee. It really didn't make any sense. You'd think the pain would be enough of a deterrent but I guess not. He was taking a fucking beating that game.

Hammock Parties
12-12-2013, 01:09 AM
This fan base is fucking retarded when it comes to quarterbacks. There's no point in arguing for any prospect against Game Manager X Flavor Of The Month, so you might as well stop trying.

Mav
12-12-2013, 02:43 AM
This fan base is fucking retarded when it comes to quarterbacks. There's no point in arguing for any prospect against Game Manager X Flavor Of The Month, so you might as well stop trying.

Lol.

crazycoffey
12-12-2013, 02:45 AM
This fan base is ****ing retarded when it comes to quarterbacks. There's no point in arguing for any prospect against Game Manager X Flavor Of The Month, so you might as well stop trying.

But that's because 95% of every "prospect" becomes next month's game manager. Many on his board would have been singing praises if we would have drafted any QB between Matt Ryan or Flacco (today's game managers) to Sanchez or Geno or Wilson. When only Luck is showing signs of a real franshise QB. Yeah Glenn looks good right now, but so did RG3 last year. Remember the lusting for Flynn even?

We all want good QB play. We all would love to be in position to draft the next Brady/Payton/luck. But it's not likely. It's just the reality. Opposition to the draft a QB crowd isn't opposition to wanting better QB play. But watching the games this year, any failing isn't on Alex smith's shoulders. The O is moving the ball, more stalls have been on recievers or play call not AS only throwing 5 yard outlet/screen passes. How can this not be seen?

T-post Tom
12-12-2013, 02:51 AM
Bob had no playbook in college. Per Kendall Wright (WR at Baylor, played with Bob):

“I think we are the only team that didn’t have a playbook,” Wright said of Baylor. “It is kind of a different kind of learning deal. We see it visually and we run it, and it just sticks with us when you are out there running it.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2012/05/11/kendall-wright-adjusting-to-the-nfl-and-a-playbook/

Saccopoo
12-12-2013, 03:07 AM
He needs to learn the intricacies of being a pocket passer while not dumbing down his god given abilities.

His elusiveness, acceleration and vision should give him an uncanny ability to keep plays alive and make the big play while keeping defenses honest by gashing them a couple times for monster yards.

He just needs to Learn a few things and if he were to pair with a guy like Andy Reid, WOW.

His "god given abilities" are being able to run the 110 hurdles about as fast as anybody.

When you have that level of speed and ups in college, you can dominate. It's different in the pros. The guy is struggling at the position in the NFL now that defensive coordinators have tape on him. And it's his second blown knee and this one seems to be bothering him mentally as well as physically.

I think he's basically fucked as a pro QB.

But it's nice to see that people around here still think he's the second greatest QB prospect ever and are willing to give up multiple picks for the guy even though he's going down the crapper at this point.

Sanka
12-12-2013, 05:42 AM
QRBs dont win Super Bowls.

Eleazar
12-12-2013, 06:44 AM
You have to be healthy and you have to be a pocket passer to win the super bowl. So far, he's neither. Maybe he could still become both someday, but he's behind the 8 ball right now.

I'd rather we spend a first on a fresh prospect coming out of the college ranks.

BlackHelicopters
12-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Yeppers

warrior
12-12-2013, 07:01 AM
This fan base is ****ing retarded when it comes to quarterbacks. There's no point in arguing for any prospect against Game Manager X Flavor Of The Month, so you might as well stop trying.

LOL maybe you're the one retarded how's Geno doing.

seamonster
12-12-2013, 07:04 AM
I'd easily make the trade. This team will be a bottom feeding franchise for another thirty years without a quarterback and slightly retarded NFL fans forget Griffin took a team to the playoffs, by himself, when he was healthy.

Ace Gunner
12-12-2013, 07:05 AM

this

seamonster
12-12-2013, 07:06 AM
His "god given abilities" are being able to run the 110 hurdles about as fast as anybody.

When you have that level of speed and ups in college, you can dominate. It's different in the pros. The guy is struggling at the position in the NFL now that defensive coordinators have tape on him. And it's his second blown knee and this one seems to be bothering him mentally as well as physically.

I think he's basically ****ed as a pro QB.

But it's nice to see that people around here still think he's the second greatest QB prospect ever and are willing to give up multiple picks for the guy even though he's going down the crapper at this point.

This is bullshit. He's playing a completly different style this year than he was last with the exception of the chicago game. He's a pocket passer now and they gave up on the bunched pistol formations for reasons no one entirely understands, but when they've gone back to that they've been successful.

HemiEd
12-12-2013, 07:07 AM
Oh hell yes! This team won't draft a franchise QB, and that will be about as close you could get to a fresh one.

Oh wait, we might need that first round pick for a left guard.

Ace Gunner
12-12-2013, 07:16 AM

Other than John Elway, Shanahan has a poor record coaching up QB's and he didn't coach Elway up, he did get the offense playing better though. In fact, I'd put Shanny in that category of ruining young QB's.

I think RG3 would flourish under a guy like Reid, who likes to use his QB's mobility only when he needs to, but does like having a mobile gunslinger.

Garcia Bronco
12-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Other than John Elway, Shanahan has a poor record coaching up QB's and he didn't coach Elway up, he did get the offense playing better though. In fact, I'd put Shanny in that category of ruining young QB's.

I think RG3 would flourish under a guy like Reid, who likes to use his QB's mobility only when he needs to, but does like having a mobile gunslinger.

Shanahan was Elway's QB coach and OC in the 80s and early 90s. So yeah...he did "coach him up."

MahiMike
12-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Those skinny legs have no chance of making it very far in the NFL.

-King-
12-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Our picks won't be anywhere near as high as those were, so I'd think those guys are even on the high end of what we might expect the equivalent to be.

Yeah but using them is stupid. That's like me saying "would you trade Branden Albert and Jamaal Charles for RGIII" just because they were also 1st and 3rd round picks.
Posted via Mobile Device

ILChief
12-12-2013, 09:55 AM
They're not trading him so it doesn't matter

Ace Gunner
12-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Shanahan was Elway's QB coach and OC in the 80s and early 90s. So yeah...he did "coach him up."

then what the hell happened to Griese & Plummer??

I think this is a case of coach getting credit for a player that was already really good. No doubt Shanny knows the position well, but I think his ability to turn shit into shine is evident.

RG3 is not shit, I think Shanny is wrong to sit him and the only motive I can think of is to get the owner to pay his vacation for a real tan at crete. I don't blame Shanny on this either, because that owner is clueless and full of shit when it comes to all things NFL. he's part of the problem children wanting flag ball to protect his $$$ and doesn't give one shit about fans.

RunKC
12-12-2013, 09:57 AM
No. I don't want that circus here. His ego is out of control

T-post Tom
12-12-2013, 10:02 AM
I'd easily make the trade. This team will be a bottom feeding franchise for another thirty years without a quarterback and slightly retarded NFL fans forget Griffin took a team to the playoffs, by himself, when he was healthy.

http://blog.thagr8stone.net/image.axd?picture=%2F2013%2F08%2FSmh.gif

warrior
12-12-2013, 10:30 AM
No. I don't want that circus here. His ego is out of control

This - and apparently he dosn't like to study the playbook

BossChief
12-12-2013, 12:05 PM

Andy Reid.

Mr. Laz
12-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Is RGIII a 1st and 3rd better than Alex Smith?

BossChief
12-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Is RGIII a 1st and 3rd better than Alex Smith?

Right now? Not even close.

After a year r two with Reid, though...

Rausch
12-12-2013, 12:27 PM
RGIII's biggest concern was durability.

He's failed that.

On top of that he's questionable on the maturity test and bitch-weak on the man-test...

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 12:27 PM
This - and apparently he dosn't like to study the playbook

Link for this bullshit.

mschiefs1984
12-12-2013, 12:30 PM
No piss poor attitude

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 12:34 PM
No piss poor attitude

Some people are just beyond fucking retarded.

Ceej
12-12-2013, 12:36 PM
I've never thought once RG3 had a self-inflated ego.

I would love for him to be the face of KC, but, I think he's damaged goods...unfortunately.

warrior
12-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Link for this bullshit.

Just something that was said on NFL or ESPN that shanarat was saying last night when they were discussing RGIII and why the rat was benching him.

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Just something that was said on NFL or ESPN that shanarat was saying last night when they were discussing RGIII and why the rat was benching him.

So I'm supposed to believe the guy that is basically trying to get fired by his current team? The guy who almost quit after last season?

Yeah....I'll fucking pass on his opinion.

Rausch
12-12-2013, 12:45 PM
RGIII doesn't need the pistol/option/gimmick offense.

He's intelligent, strong armed (can make all the throws,) and athletic.

He's also immature and injured. He needs a HC to tell him to STFU and STFD...

Mr. Laz
12-12-2013, 12:51 PM
RGIII doesn't need the pistol/option/gimmick offense..

so far he does seem to need a gimmick offense

gosampel
12-12-2013, 12:53 PM
RG III will have all left in the tank

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Seriously....where is this immature bullshit label coming from?

ChiefsCountry
12-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Irony in this is in another thread we can't draft a QB because their is no RGIII type in the draft, and then in this thread people wouldn't trade for him.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-12-2013, 12:59 PM
IF we can get Buffalo's second and Stevie Smith for Alex Smith? Yes

Oh Stevie weclome to pain town

MahiMike
12-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Only Cam Newton and Luck are big enough to run a lot in the NFL. RG3 will bust out and the era of the running/option QB will once again be a thing of the past.

MahiMike
12-12-2013, 01:04 PM

Have you seen him next to Cam? He's not even big enough to be his little sister.

Rausch
12-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Seriously....where is this immature bullshit label coming from?

His demeanor...

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Have you seen him next to Cam? He's not even big enough to be his little sister.

Uhh...what?

http://667890af24dcf3c4ff75-3c5c7cf439b200c763d8c176f7f8a124.r52.cf2.rackcdn.com/images/images/733/photos/large/Robert_Griffin_III_Carolina_Panthers_v_Washington__f9bZrNeTM7l.jpg_5f00379d61d8af711aafc6beddc2b986? 1352141402

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 01:07 PM
His demeanor...

During what? The guy has taken the benching just fine.

Rausch
12-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Irony in this is in another thread we can't draft a QB because their is no RGIII type in the draft, and then in this thread people wouldn't trade for him.

I wouldn't have traded that for him.

He was always a slim build - easily injured guy...

Rausch
12-12-2013, 01:08 PM

Rumor is he ASKED for it...

Mr. Laz
12-12-2013, 01:11 PM

duck on a pond

seamonster
12-12-2013, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't have traded that for him.

He was always a slim build - easily injured guy...

No, he's not. He's as big as Adrian Peterson and is bigger and as fast as Jamal Charles. And unlike Newton he's actually mastered the art of back shoulder fades and can make decent NFL throws.

gosampel
12-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Uhh...what?

http://667890af24dcf3c4ff75-3c5c7cf439b200c763d8c176f7f8a124.r52.cf2.rackcdn.com/images/images/733/photos/large/Robert_Griffin_III_Carolina_Panthers_v_Washington__f9bZrNeTM7l.jpg_5f00379d61d8af711aafc6beddc2b986? 1352141402

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aKYZFcmAmU I love this commercial but little sis is still bigger then mom,lol

Easy 6
12-12-2013, 01:16 PM
as fast as Jamal Charles.

Wrong.

JC has Olympic caliber speed, RG is fast... but not that fast.

saphojunkie
12-12-2013, 01:18 PM
There are fifty three retards on this board, apparently.

saphojunkie
12-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Rumor is he ASKED for it...

Stopped listening right there.

Rausch
12-12-2013, 01:20 PM
No, he's not. He's as big as Adrian Peterson and is bigger and as fast as Jamal Charles.

No and no and no.

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 01:21 PM
So far all I've heard is rumors and bullshit about how he refuses to learn the playbook or he's immature and asked to be benched. And that's all it really is.....bullshit.

Rausch
12-12-2013, 01:21 PM
Stopped listening right there.

*HE ASKED FOR IT*

Ah, fuck it...

seamonster
12-12-2013, 01:25 PM
No and no and no.

I've seen him at games. He's not fucking spud web. Ridiculous that in a league with Chris Johnson running nine thousand times a year people think because you're not the size of xmen juggernaut steroid meat neck than you can't be a running quarterback. If he's smart, which he is, he'll be fine. Letting Gnata pile drive a knee cap while diving for a first down on 4th and fifteen is why he hurt himself last year and it had nothing to do with height or body type.

Rausch
12-12-2013, 01:27 PM
So far all I've heard is rumors and bullshit about how he refuses to learn the playbook or he's immature and asked to be benched. And that's all it really is.....bullshit.

He's injured, not his normal self, and he's not AP.

Everyone is not AP.

Berry was clearly not an AP recovery.

RG3 is just not use to not being able to make the play. He's use to a level of play he can't perform at right now.

The problem was RG3's recovery became an OWNER/HC/QB dynamic...

saphojunkie
12-12-2013, 01:31 PM

You're right. I think we should just stick with a QB drafted first overall.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/136/files/2013/10/Dexter-McCluster-TD.gif

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 01:35 PM
He's injured, not his normal self, and he's not AP.

Everyone is not AP.

Berry was clearly not an AP recovery.

RG3 is just not use to not being able to make the play. He's use to a level of play he can't perform at right now.

The problem was RG3's recovery became an OWNER/HC/QB dynamic...

The problem with RG3 comes down to this.

Shanahan used his college offense to ease his transition to the pros. It worked and earned them a wildcard playoff game where RG3 got hurt. The injury then stunted his growth as a QB because he had no offseason to work on the offense. Because of that Shanahan was forced to use the same offense that defenses now had game tape on. RG3 never should have started this season. He needed more time to heal fully from the injury.

If RG3 never gets hurt during that wildcard game....then Shanahan can start transitioning him to his west coast offense and away from the read option offense.

Rausch
12-12-2013, 01:39 PM
The problem with RG3 comes down to this.

Shanahan used his college offense to ease his transition to the pros. It worked and earned them a wildcard playoff game where RG3 got hurt. The injury then stunted his growth as a QB because he had no offseason to work on the offense. Because of that Shanahan was forced to use the same offense that defenses now had game tape on. RG3 never should have started this season. He needed more time to heal fully from the injury.

If RG3 never gets hurt during that wildcard game....then Shanahan can start transitioning him to his west coast offense and away from the read option offense.

http://i.imgur.com/V55PE.gif

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
12-12-2013, 02:09 PM
I've seen him at games. He's not ****ing spud web. Ridiculous that in a league with Chris Johnson running nine thousand times a year people think because you're not the size of xmen juggernaut steroid meat neck than you can't be a running quarterback. If he's smart, which he is, he'll be fine. Letting Gnata pile drive a knee cap while diving for a first down on 4th and fifteen is why he hurt himself last year and it had nothing to do with height or body type.

That doesn't sound like something that a smart QB would do in my opinion.

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 02:14 PM
That doesn't sound like something that a smart QB would do in my opinion.

Ummmm what? There have been plenty of times this season where Alex Smith has tried to get extra yards and taken hits. Does that make him a dumb QB?

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
12-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Ummmm what? There have been plenty of times this season where Alex Smith has tried to get extra yards and taken hits. Does that make him a dumb QB?

Alex didn't get his knee blown out when he tried to get extra yards. How can you bring up Alex Smith when the subject is RGIII and his glass body? I didn't say that RGIII was dumb, I just meant that a smart QB that already has a weak knee shouldn't put himself in a position to have that injury worsened by opertunistic defensive players.

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Alex didn't get his knee blown out when he tried to get extra yards. How can you bring up Alex Smith when the subject is RGIII and his glass body? I didn't say that RGIII was dumb, I just meant that a smart QB that already has a weak knee shouldn't put himself in a position to have that injury worsened by opertunistic defensive players.

The hit was a fluke hit. It wasn't an "opportunistic" defensive player aiming for a body part.

It was RG3 trying to get extra yards. I'd be more pissed that he was playing scared.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
12-12-2013, 02:43 PM
The hit was a fluke hit. It wasn't an "opportunistic" defensive player aiming for a body part.

It was RG3 trying to get extra yards. I'd be more pissed that he was playing scared.

So you don't think that defensive players are aware of QB injuries and deliberately go after those areas in order to get them out of the game. I think every defense knows the opposing teams weaknesses and injured areas and will take their shots when the opportunity arises. Smart QB's don't give them that opportunity. That's why Peyton is still playing with 2 bad ankles.

Mr. Laz
12-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo 1h
Shanahan said if Cousins or Rex gets hurt, they sign another QB so they don't have to go back to Griffin.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Wrong.

JC has Olympic caliber speed, RG is fast... but not that fast.

In track, Griffin broke state records for the 110-meter and 300-meter hurdles. He ran the 110-meter hurdles in 13.55 seconds and the 300-meter hurdles in 35.33 seconds. The 300 hurdles time was 1/100th of a second short of tying the national high school record (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_high_school_national_records_in_track_and_field) at the time. He was also a gold medalist in the 110- and 400-meter hurdles on the AAU track and field circuit. In 2007, as a junior, he was rated the No. 1 high school 400-meter intermediate hurdler in the country, and was tied at No. 1 for the 110-meter sprint hurdler in the nation. His personal best in the 110-meter hurdles, 13.46 sec, ranked fifth in the world among junior athletes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_%28athletics%29) (behind Noga (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artur_Noga), Brathwaite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Brathwaite), Dutch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Dutch), and Zhukov (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Vladimir_Zhukov&action=edit&redlink=1)),<sup id="cite_ref-110m_7-0" class="reference">[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Griffin_III#cite_note-110m-7)</sup> while his best 2007 time in the 400-meter hurdles, 49.56 sec—his personal best until 2008—lead all juniors worldwide for that year.<sup id="cite_ref-8" class="reference">[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Griffin_III#cite_note-8)</sup> Also as a junior, Griffin received the Gatorade Texas Boys Track and Field Athlete of the Year award,<sup id="cite_ref-Bearsbio_6-1" class="reference">[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Griffin_III#cite_note-Bearsbio-6)</sup> and was named to USA Today (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_Today)′s 2007 All-USA Track and Field team.<sup id="cite_ref-9" class="reference">[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Griffin_III#cite_note-9)</sup> His personal best in the 400-meter hurdles was achieved on May 18, 2008, with a time of 49.22 seconds.<sup id="cite_ref-400m_10-0" class="reference">[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Griffin_III#cite_note-400m-10)</sup>

<sup>I'd say that RGIII's personal best of two seconds better than Charles in the 400m hurdles qualifies him as having speed just as good as Jamaal's.</sup>

<sup>

</sup>

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 02:49 PM
So you don't think that defensive players are aware of QB injuries and deliberately go after those areas in order to get them out of the game. I think every defense knows the opposing teams weaknesses and injured areas and will take their shots when the opportunity arises. Smart QB's don't give them that opportunity. That's why Peyton is still playing with 2 bad ankles.

I didn't say it never happens. RG3's injury wasn't because of that.

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo 1h
Shanahan said if Cousins or Rex gets hurt, they sign another QB so they don't have to go back to Griffin.

Shanahan is a fucking retard.

Titty Meat
12-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Yes

GordonGekko
12-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Way late to this thread, but I'd give a 2nd, 4th and 5th, but not a 1st and 3rd.

Marcellus
12-12-2013, 04:44 PM
If you had asked me before this season I would have screamed yes. I am not sure at all now and am leaning towards no.

His play didn't just drop off, it plummeted and his attitude seems off. It's like I heard Schlareth on ESPN say, he is too caught up into his own hype.

Window Licking Whiner
12-12-2013, 06:17 PM
You are fucking stupid. Rg3 has bust written all over him. This is from someone who has to listen to sports radio dissect every play he makes here in va

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 06:36 PM
You are fucking stupid. Rg3 has bust written all over him. This is from someone who has to listen to sports radio dissect every play he makes here in va

Because those are the people in the know. :rolleyes:

Window Licking Whiner
12-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Better than chiefs fans in Missouri yeah

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Well if Mark Schlereth and Virginia sports radio say it, then so it is written.

Christ.

Hammock Parties
12-12-2013, 06:43 PM
For a guy on a bad knee who's best WR is fucking Pierre Garcon, RGIII's sophomore season has been perfectly acceptable.

Might as well give up on one of the most talented QB prospects in the last 20 years at the first sign of failure, though. I mean why waste any more time, right?

Retards.

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 06:54 PM

More than likely not. That's like me taking the opinions of radio dipshits here on anything 49ers seriously. They're all a bunch of over emotional twats.

Brock
12-12-2013, 07:02 PM

:LOL:

Titty Meat
12-12-2013, 07:03 PM

You are one stupid fuck. What were the radio experts saying about him last year when he took them to the playoffs cock sucker

Window Licking Whiner
12-12-2013, 07:17 PM
They were all over his nutsack. But how is that running qb thing working out this year? Can you say fad?

So yeah they made the most out of the new fad, but now defenses have time to plan against it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but without bejng able to run 100 yds a game, rg3 has failed ay bring able to read defenses. Thus that's why they are 3-10 and look like shit.

Halfcan
12-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Maybe for a 3rd rounder and they pick up the rest of his paycheck for the first two years.

RunKC
12-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Shanahan is a ****ing retard.

He's actually really smart. He's checked out. He doesn't want to be there anymore because Dan Snyder is a fucking retard.

He's trying to get fired.

Bwana
12-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Nope

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Mike Shanahan is a great coach with a top five all-time QB, HOF-caliber RB, dirty OL, and salary cap violations. Without? He's Wayne Fontes.

Mav
12-12-2013, 08:11 PM

The chiefs are bottom feeders right now?

Dave Lane
12-12-2013, 08:40 PM

This. I'd do the deal everyday of the week and twice on Sunday

Dave Lane
12-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Maybe for a 3rd rounder and they pick up the rest of his paycheck for the first two years.

I'd accept that for Alex Smith. Good idea lets do it.

BossChief
12-12-2013, 08:48 PM
I bet if I had made this thread "would you trade Alex Smith for RGIII, the results would be exactly the same.

IMO RGIII is the perfect quarterback for Andy's system, but it wouldn't be an overnight thing.

Window Licking Whiner
12-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Rg3 is matt cassel with a faster 40.

Window Licking Whiner
12-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Wtf is wrong with you guys?

Washington gavr up 2 1st round picks for him, tied themselves to a qb who could only run when defenses had never seen the read option. When you makr him go through progressions hes actually worse than matt Cassell.

You guys wonder why he haven't won a superbowl since forever? Topics like this is why

ThaVirus
12-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Discussions on a message board are the reason we don't ever win shit?

Well fuck, man. Let's shut this fucker down then.

Marcellus
12-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Well if Mark Schlereth and Virginia sports radio say it, then so it is written.

Christ.

You are hilariously caught up in your own hype as well. Pretty ironic.

Marcellus
12-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Discussions on a message board are the reason we don't ever win shit?

Well ****, man. Let's shut this ****er down then.

CP is caught up in its own hype.

Saccopoo
12-12-2013, 11:08 PM
For a guy on a bad knee who's best WR is ****ing Pierre Garcon, RGIII's sophomore season has been perfectly acceptable.

Might as well give up on one of the most talented QB prospects in the last 20 years at the first sign of failure, though. I mean why waste any more time, right?

Retards.

He was overhyped due to the presence of Luck, especially when the season was coming to a close. When the season started he was generally regarded as a third round prospect who would require time to adjust to the nuances of the NFL and the need to operate out of under center when required. Once the Heisman steam became to build and the "Best QB prospect since Elway" was a given to the Colts, the focus was suddenly on Griffin, and his own hype went ballistic, probably a lot more than it should have considering that the guy never operated out of anything other than a gimmicky run and shoot where he was allowed to freelance with his legs whenever he wanted.

And since he was basically the fastest guy on the field on the college level, he could get by with that a whole lot. The threat of his legs opened up the passing game and he was capable of putting up huge numbers. His junior year was monumentally better than his freshman and sophomore year (2009 season he blew his ACL) - which were rather pedestrian as a matter of fact. Probably should have been viewed as more of a one year wonder and his game been more dissected, but Snyder doesn't seem to give two shits about stuff like that and pissed away the franchises immediate future to move up to get a guy who should have been viewed as a major project versus an immediate NFL starter.

Everyone got enamored by his impressive junior Heisman winning season and then he started smiling and excelling on the news interviews and the public swooned.

Like I said earlier, as soon as NFL defensive coordinators had tape on this guy, he was going to start facing some uphill battles as a QB. Then, factoring in the lingering physical and psychological effects of the second ACL injury, the issue of personality conflicts with his head coach, etc., I think he's in real trouble.

However, because a lot of people bought into the hype, they throw objectivity out the door when speaking of Griffin. He was the next best thing to Luck, so he's got to be a total franchise, Hall of Fame level QB, no if, ands or buts. They don't concern themselves with his two other starting seasons at Baylor that were basically average. They don't care about the two ACL's. They are still caught up in the hype that Griffin was a "close second" to Luck and would easily be a Hall of Fame guy if a guru like Reid was his coach and they are happy to give up first rounders for such a dude.