PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet How often do you shave?

sfuria
12-11-2013, 10:30 PM
I used to shave once every two days, but now that I was let go a few months ago, I've found that I shave like only once a week, and sometimes even just only once every two weeks. I know, I suck. But that got me thinking, am I strange? Is it wrong to shave only once every two weeks? How often do you all shave? And I'm not talking balls or anything, just the face.

Phobia
12-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Nah - I usually shave on the weekend and let it grow wild all week. But I'm the boss and nobody can give me shit. Except the wife. She gives me shit.

BWillie
12-11-2013, 10:34 PM
I cant shave more than twice a week. Or I would break out in severe hives and bleed into the night

cosmo20002
12-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Never on weekends. I've gone to every other day during the week. Fuck that everyday shit, I'm sick of it.

lcarus
12-11-2013, 10:37 PM
My facial skin is sensitive so I only shave every few days. Plus my beard doesn't grow that fast so I usually only have stubble built up.

rageeumr
12-11-2013, 10:37 PM
I typically only shave if I have a meeting with a client that day. Probably averages out to 2-3 times a week, but there are certainly times I go over a week.

I signed up for Dollar Shave Club, and I'm on the plan where they only send me blades every other month. They're still piling up on me.

mike_b_284
12-11-2013, 10:38 PM
I'm in school full time. I try to shave before it gets long enough that think I look weird afterwards. I often fail, and wind up shaving a full beard/stache

ekf028
12-11-2013, 10:41 PM
When I get itchy.

EdmontonChiefsFan
12-11-2013, 10:41 PM
I can only shave twice a week. I am talking with a razor.

If I try to shave more, then my skin breaks out.

Once a week would be perfect though.

Rain Man
12-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Interesting responses so far. It used to be a social requirement to shave every day, and that's what I did. But now that I do the shaved head thing, it's every other day. Once in a while on a weekend I'll hold off until the third day.

MagicHef
12-11-2013, 10:43 PM
The last time I shaved was in March.

cdcox
12-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Everyday M-F. By late Sunday it is quite irritating and I'm looking forward to the Monday morning shave.

Gravedigger
12-11-2013, 10:44 PM
I cant shave more than twice a week. Or I would break out in severe hives and bleed into the night

Me too, I usually shave every 4-5 days, the left side of my throat looks like I've got the biggest rash in the world if I do it more. Recently I switched to Fusion Power instead of just the Fusion razors and I'm actually surprised that it does a pretty good job.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Probably five-six times a week. I have super sensitive skin, but I get around that by shaving in the shower with Aveeno Shaving Gel.

Bugeater
12-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Whenever I feel like there's a good enough reason to.

SLAG
12-11-2013, 10:48 PM
usually once a week but my beard doesn't really grow so fast.

currently haven't shaved since the end of october and its the longest i've ever had it - still not filled in in some spots

Hammock Parties
12-11-2013, 10:49 PM
I stopped shaving years ago. I just use an electric trimmer now. Looks better and feels better.

Mojo Jojo
12-11-2013, 10:50 PM
When I started working from home...just grew the beard. Trim it/clean it up maybe one a week or if I'm going to meetings or traveling.

Rain Man
12-11-2013, 10:50 PM
As a secondary topic, I shaved at the sink back when I had head hair. But when I started shaving my head as well as my face, I switched to shaving in the shower. I feel kind of wasteful on the water front, but shaving at the sink doesn't work for me when I'm trying to shave the back of my head. Are other folks sink shavers or shower shavers?

Rain Man
12-11-2013, 10:51 PM
I stopped shaving years ago. I just use an electric trimmer now. Looks better and feels better.

Elective (edit: electric) razors seems like a great concept, but I've tried them a couple of times and they don't seem to have any impact at all for me. I can't tell that they remove any hair at all.

Katipan
12-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Everyday when I'm nabbing a man. Once a week once he's nabbed or inapplicable.

cdcox
Sink shaver. Mirror is invaluable. I feel like a blind man when I shave in the shower.

fairladyZ
i haven't shaved since the saturday 1 day before game 1 this season.. it itches

listopencil
12-11-2013, 10:54 PM
I have no pattern to my shaving other than I do it less frequently in cold weather than hot. I would have to do it twice a day to appear clean shaven. So I'll shave daily for a while, let it go for a while, play with different styles, get bored and shave it off again.

mike_b_284
12-11-2013, 10:54 PM
sink. electric if it is short, razor if it is long. electric is easy, quick and cheap but pulls like a son of a bitch when it gets long.

tredadda
12-11-2013, 10:55 PM
I shave daily except on weekends and on leave. More because the job requires it than because I really want to.

cdcox
12-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Everyday when I'm nabbing a man. Once a week once he's nabbed or inapplicable.

If you sport a woman stash it would seem pretty important to keep that beaten back on a regular basis.

MagicHef
12-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Elective razors seems like a great concept, but I've tried them a couple of times and they don't seem to have any impact at all for me. I can't tell that they remove any hair at all.

I've always chosen my own razors, I've never had one assigned to me.

Katipan
12-11-2013, 11:02 PM
If you sport a woman stash it would seem pretty important to keep that beaten back on a regular basis.

We are not a hairy people. Although I would look dashing with a goatee.

hometeam
12-11-2013, 11:04 PM
As little as possible.

CrazyPhuD
12-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Heh too much viking blood, if I don't shave for a couple a days I looks like I've been lost in the woods for 6+ months.

Real razors only for me, no electric razor has really worked. It's like trying to cut down a forest with a weedwacker.

I do enjoy it periodically when I can find an old school barber to do an old fashioned straight edge shave!:D

GESteve
12-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Does anyone use a real DE Razor anymore? Best shave of my life. Nothing like a good Badger brush, Shaving soap and a Feather blade

ghak99
12-11-2013, 11:16 PM
I haven't been clean shaved for probably two years.

I see no reason to turn back now, or ever.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2013, 11:25 PM
I haven't been clean shaved for probably two years.

I see no reason to turn back now, or ever.

It's a beautiful feeling.

I can't believe the discomfort I used to deal with.

DaFace
12-11-2013, 11:27 PM
I'm generally a MWF morning shaver. And shower mostly.

SuperChief
12-11-2013, 11:36 PM
I haven't shaved with a razor since November 2012. I typically trim with an electric shaver every 2 weeks or so; however, I decided to see how much beard I can get during these winter months, so I haven't trimmed in about a month.

SuperChief
12-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Does anyone use a real DE Razor anymore? Best shave of my life. Nothing like a good Badger brush, Shaving soap and a Feather blade

I have no idea what these are. I am assuming old fashioned shaving equipment? If so, sounds pretty neat.

rambleonthruthefog
12-11-2013, 11:52 PM
Conditioner is the best shave cream. Tried em all and whatever conditioner is in the shower is what you go with. My wife switched to conditioner to shave as well. Also I only shave 1 maybe 2 times a week, as I can't grow a real beard.

Rain Man
12-11-2013, 11:53 PM
I've always chosen my own razors, I've never had one assigned to me.

I have no idea where I pulled that word from. It hasn't been in my vocabulary for 25 years.

GESteve
12-12-2013, 12:26 AM
I have no idea what these are. I am assuming old fashioned shaving equipment? If so, sounds pretty neat.

I guess it's old fashioned but it's unbelievable.Go Check out Mercur 34c hd razor or a mercur futur razor you can get 100 blades for 12 to 15 dollars Shave soap at Walgreens for about $1.77 will last for 2 to 3 years. Your face will feel like a baby's butt. Best way to start the day

12-12-2013, 12:30 AM
2-3 times per week max.

Pants
12-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Twice a week to keep my short beard groomed.

12-12-2013, 12:33 AM

Electric trimmer or electric razor i.e. Braun, Norelco, etc.

BWillie
12-12-2013, 12:35 AM

That's cuz you have a girlyman beard Clay. Real men can sand the floors with their whiskers

BWillie
12-12-2013, 12:38 AM
Me too, I usually shave every 4-5 days, the left side of my throat looks like I've got the biggest rash in the world if I do it more. Recently I switched to Fusion Power instead of just the Fusion razors and I'm actually surprised that it does a pretty good job.

Maybe I'll try that. I use the disposable Mach 3. And I swear it's light years better than the regular mach 3

Pants
12-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Maybe I'll try that. I use the disposable Mach 3. And I swear it's light years better than the regular mach 3

This might be obvious... but it's probably because the disposable blade never gets a chance to get too dull.

12-12-2013, 12:44 AM
I used to be a Braun guy until they completely changed their shaving foil. Now they just pull my whiskers non stop and it is annoying as hell. Switched to a Norelco electric razor and even though it takes a little longer than the braun it is very comfortable.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-Norelco-SensoTouch-3D-Electric-Razor-1250X-40-Instant-Coupon-Applied/15052906

Mr. Flopnuts
12-12-2013, 12:47 AM
I shave at the sink, a maximum of 3 times per week. I also have a weird shaving ritual according to most people. I shave at night, right BEFORE I get into the shower. Don't know why, just how I've always done it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2013, 12:47 AM
I don't know how anyone could shave with an electric. It's savagery.

BWillie
12-12-2013, 12:50 AM
This might be obvious... but it's probably because the disposable blade never gets a chance to get too dull.

Nah i use them the same amoumt of time. Usually 4 to 5 times is all. I havent quite figured it out.

Hammock Parties
12-12-2013, 12:50 AM
I used to be a Braun guy until they completely changed their shaving foil. Now they just pull my whiskers non stop and it is annoying as hell. Switched to a Norelco electric razor and even though it takes a little longer than the braun it is very comfortable.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-Norelco-SensoTouch-3D-Electric-Razor-1250X-40-Instant-Coupon-Applied/15052906

This is what I have. After 2-3 days I can feel my whiskers getting too long and annoying. It trims them right down to a stubbly length and I'm good for another 2-3 days. It's actually a cheap piece of shit but it's lasted and does a good job.

http://www.twinint.com/catalog/images/P/WAHL-9906-718.jpg

BWillie
12-12-2013, 12:54 AM

Ive found that there really is a difference between cheap and expensive electric razors. The shave still isnt as good as a razor...but huge difference from some conair 20 dollar electric and a 170 dollar Braun

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2013, 12:58 AM
Ive found that there really is a difference between cheap and expensive electric razors. The shave still isnt as good as a razor...but huge difference from some conair 20 dollar electric and a 170 dollar Braun

I've had cheap-ass electrics up to mid level ones (probably an $80 Norelco) and they all irritated the hell out of my skin; not a one could ever get some of the areas around my throat well enough.

Dayze
12-12-2013, 01:03 AM
whenever my scrotum must be shorn.

Dayze
12-12-2013, 01:04 AM

that.

disposable BICs gets the job done

12-12-2013, 01:10 AM

I have always gotten a better shave from electrics than with a regular razor. The regular razors just tear my face up and cause me to break out. And before you say it, I purchased the good razors not the cheap ones.

Hell, most every time I have tried a regular I had to finish it up with a electric because I could still feel stubble. I don't like shaving against the grain because that makes it tear me up even worse.

12-12-2013, 01:11 AM
This is what I have. After 2-3 days I can feel my whiskers getting too long and annoying. It trims them right down to a stubbly length and I'm good for another 2-3 days. It's actually a cheap piece of shit but it's lasted and does a good job.

Hmmm, never even considered using a trimmer to "shave" with. heh

Hammock Parties
12-12-2013, 01:14 AM

Just set it to the lowest setting.

Fire Me Boy!
12-12-2013, 05:58 AM
I haven't shaved in years. I generally trim when I travel (at the hotel so I don't have to bother with the mess), which is a couple times a month.

ChiefGator
12-12-2013, 06:11 AM
Haven't shaved or trimmed since the season started.. or, around mid-September I guess.

I do trim the bottom of my neck in the shower.

Before that, I usually trimmed it fairly close every week or two.

Jimmya
12-12-2013, 06:23 AM
Use the wahl beard trimmer before the shower. Then I use the norelco electric razor in the shower. The only electrics I like must be able to work in the shower. Shave about twice a week.

blaise
12-12-2013, 06:24 AM
If I had my way I'd shave every day like I used to. I used the Target brand disposables and a gel type shaving cream, after the shower. And then lotion afterwards. No alcohol based aftershave. I never got much irritation. I would only get some neck bleeding if I did miss a day and then shaved. But as long as I shaved every day I had no problem.
Now I only trim my beard. My wife likes me to have a beard. But really I hate the beard.

Mecca
12-12-2013, 06:32 AM
I hate shaving so I only do it when I absolutely have to.

KCUnited
12-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Once every Sunday morning.

BlackHelicopters
12-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Shave everyday, in the shower.

otherstar
12-12-2013, 07:54 AM
I guess it's old fashioned but it's unbelievable.Go Check out Mercur 34c hd razor or a mercur futur razor you can get 100 blades for 12 to 15 dollars Shave soap at Walgreens for about $1.77 will last for 2 to 3 years. Your face will feel like a baby's butt. Best way to start the day

I have several double edged (DE) razors, including the Merkur 34C and Futur, and a few vintage Gillette's. I have a few soaps and either use a boar or a badger brush daily. I shave with a straight razor a few days a week also.

Straight razor shaves are THE BOMB, but I do get a little irritation if I use them daily (plus it takes twice as much time for the shave, and you have to strop the razor before and after the shave).

scho63
12-12-2013, 07:56 AM
I shave every other day and I always shave at the end of the shower with soap and a double edge blade. Haven't needed shaving cream in 20 years. Get a great shave with no nicks or cuts and always put Vaseline Total Moisturizer on my face when I get out to keep my skin from getting dry.

mr. tegu
12-12-2013, 07:59 AM
My wife is a nurse so she works the three 12 hour days. On those days, regardless of when they are in the week, I rarely shave. She doesn't like the stubble because it scratches her.

MahiMike
12-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Interesting responses so far. It used to be a social requirement to shave every day, and that's what I did. But now that I do the shaved head thing, it's every other day. Once in a while on a weekend I'll hold off until the third day.

Me too. How often do you shave the head? I go about every 5th or 6th day.

King_Chief_Fan
12-12-2013, 08:27 AM
daily Sun-Fri.....skip it on Saturday

GordonGekko
12-12-2013, 08:37 AM
daily Sun-Fri.....skip it on Saturday

Same here. I sometimes skip Sunday as well, but Mon-Fri shave everyday.

Frosty
12-12-2013, 08:39 AM
I have always gotten a better shave from electrics than with a regular razor. The regular razors just tear my face up and cause me to break out. And before you say it, I purchased the good razors not the cheap ones.

This is where I am too. I also have some scarring on my face and a regular razor makes me look like an extra from a horror movie.

I get stubbly fast so I have to shave every day, though I usually skip a day or so on the weekend. I usually shave after a shower because it seems to soften the beard and irritates my face less. If I shave without doing that, it itches like crazy. I really like the electric shave oils but haven't found one yet that doesn't smell like the cheapest cologne ever.

I would just grow it out but my beard is much, much greyer than the hair on my head so it ages me by 10 years. When my "give a ****" meter" finally hits "0", though, I'm going to grow a Duck Dynasty beard.

Graystoke
12-12-2013, 08:43 AM

Shave face every day in the shower.
Shave head every three days.
I just cant stand hair on my head anymore. I will get a little stubble and think I am being a hippy.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-12-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm shaving right now...

~post #74

Lzen
12-12-2013, 08:49 AM
As a secondary topic, I shaved at the sink back when I had head hair. But when I started shaving my head as well as my face, I switched to shaving in the shower. I feel kind of wasteful on the water front, but shaving at the sink doesn't work for me when I'm trying to shave the back of my head. Are other folks sink shavers or shower shavers?

I did the same thing when I started shaving my head. I shave every couple of days. Haven't shaved the face since late October, though. :rockon:

InChiefsHeaven
12-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Sink shaver. Mirror is invaluable. I feel like a blind man when I shave in the shower.

I shave every other day or so, and I always shave in the shower. I got one of those small mirrors that can hang on a suction cup. Just get the mirror good and warm in the shower water so it won't fog up. I can't shave in front of the sink anymore, this is actually more comfortable and I get it all done in one shot.

Sandy Vagina
12-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Once a week.. or once every two weeks, if I am feeling particularly lazy. I like scruffy, but after a two weeks, the itch gets irritating.

Lzen
12-12-2013, 08:54 AM

I just bought that same trimmer set. I like it. Mine also has the nose and ear trimmer.

bevischief
12-12-2013, 08:56 AM
I typically only shave if I have a meeting with a client that day. Probably averages out to 2-3 times a week, but there are certainly times I go over a week.

I signed up for Dollar Shave Club, and I'm on the plan where they only send me blades every other month. They're still piling up on me.

I just joined that Dollar Shave Club, I shave a 2-3 times a week depending on what is going on.

Lzen
12-12-2013, 08:57 AM

I use mine to trim (when I do have a beard or goatee). I shave with this. Works great for face and head.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/hpc/detail-page/c26-B00005380N-1-l.jpg

trndobrd
12-12-2013, 09:16 AM
whenever my scrotum must be shorn.

I recommend shaving a couple days before a shoot. You don't want see red, irritated skin in the closeups.

HemiEd
12-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Everyday M-F. By late Sunday it is quite irritating and I'm looking forward to the Monday morning shave.

This, it is the 2nd part of the morning SSS ritual.

RockChalk
12-12-2013, 09:42 AM
I shave M-W-F and maybe Sat/Sun depending on my plans for those days. Probably should shave every day, but I don't give a crap, quite frankly.

And I use Dollar Shave Club as well. Save so much money and get a much better shave compared to the Mach 58's (and others) I was buy every month.

gblowfish
12-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Every other day. I don't start to look like a coal miner till about three or four days.

kepp
12-12-2013, 10:52 AM
I hate shaving. It's once a week for me.

Rain Man
12-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Shave face every day in the shower.
Shave head every three days.
I just cant stand hair on my head anymore. I will get a little stubble and think I am being a hippy.

I like to run my hands over my head when I'm thinking, and it annoys me when I find a little stripe of hair that I missed. I get fixated on it.

MOhillbilly
12-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Never.

Radar Chief
12-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Never.

The neck beard would drive me crazy.

sfuria
12-12-2013, 11:01 AM

I agree, never even thought of it. Definitely going to try it, seems like its the fastest way to get this chore done.

Pennywise
12-12-2013, 11:23 AM
I shave with an electric briefly, take a shower, and shave with a razor.

I recently got out of hand with some electric nose trimmers and gashed my septum (nostril taint) in two places that got semi infected.

If you've ever had a pimple on the inside of your nostril or here you know how sensitive the area is. If I used the softest of tissues blowing my nose would cause my eyes to water or break out in a sneezing fit.

Anyway, I was making my daughter a PBJ sandwich and broke out a new jar and opened the lid, put the seal on the far side of the jar in my teeth and was going to remove it. It slipped out of my teeth and scraped the fucking shit out the nose taint area and I balled and sneezed like a baby for 30 minutes.

damaticous
12-12-2013, 11:37 AM
I shave every weekday. Weekends I don't bother.

I got sick of paying so much for razor blades that I bought a good double edge razor setup for about $250 a year ago. I have enough shave soap, razors, and everything else to last me about 3-5 years. :)

Ceej
12-12-2013, 12:05 PM
I just shaved all of my shit off.

I feel naked and like a baby.

SAUTO
12-12-2013, 12:09 PM
haven't shaved my face in over two years

Pepe Silvia
12-12-2013, 01:48 PM
I just shaved all of my shit off.

I feel naked and like a baby.

It's a great feeling.

keg in kc
12-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Once or twice a week. And I'm doing the beard thing now so it's maybe less than that.

NewChief
12-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Once a week. It's my Friday morning ritual to shave my head and face.

FlaChief58
12-12-2013, 02:00 PM
As little as possible which amounts to once or twice a week

Donger
12-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Is the Dollar Shave Club thing a scam?

Mr. Laz
12-12-2013, 02:29 PM
As little as possible which amounts to once or twice a week

this

Mama Hip Rockets
12-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Never.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Once a week. It's my Friday morning ritual to shave my head and face.

Am I the only person on this board that doesn't have either a bald hair or hair down to my ass?

tooge
12-12-2013, 03:07 PM
I shave every monday through thursday. Just don't want to look scruffy/scratchy to my patients. I generally don't shave on the weekends at all.

gosampel
12-12-2013, 03:07 PM
I shave when I feel homeless mode kicking in 5th seventh day

Fire Me Boy!
12-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Am I the only person on this board that doesn't have either a bald hair or hair down to my ass?

I have a fairly conservative, professional cut right now, but it's usually a kind of messy spike.

I do, however, have a fairly unruly beard.

NewChief
12-12-2013, 03:20 PM

I had hair down to my ass. Now, I'm bald (well, not really bald, but I'm too thin up top to try to have a real hair style). I really, really wish I had hair again, so I could rock some stylish cuts. Ain't going to happen, though.

TRR
12-12-2013, 03:25 PM

So I had this "bump" issue for years and stumbled upon something called "Bump Patrol" at Wal-Mart. The most amazing shit ever. A splash before you shave and a splash after and you will rarely ever have redness or shaving bumps again.

Cannot recommend it enough.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2013, 03:25 PM
I had hair down to my ass. Now, I'm bald (well, not really bald, but I'm too thin up top to try to have a real hair style). I really, really wish I had hair again, so I could rock some stylish cuts. Ain't going to happen, though.

Anyone who says, "rock stylish cuts," should probably not be trying to do so :Poke:

ReynardMuldrake
12-12-2013, 03:51 PM

I bought a DE razor a couple months ago, it's more comfortable, less irritation, and the blades are far cheaper.

I got a sample pack with like 30 kinds of blades, and I have to say feathers are the best shave you can get anywhere. Once I'm finished with the pack I am using feathers for life.

GESteve
12-12-2013, 03:55 PM
I did the sample pack also.Once I used the Feather blade I went and ordered 100 should last for years. Cost $23.00

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 03:56 PM

I've had a fade for as long as I can remember.

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Is the Dollar Shave Club thing a scam?

No. My brother is signed up for it. It's basically the same shit....just not name brand.

Frosty
12-12-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm not shaving my head yet but I do buzz my hair every week with a trimmer like the one Clay posted (on 3). The hairline seems stable for now but if it migrates further back, I may join the head shaving club.

Ceej
12-12-2013, 04:35 PM
It's a great feeling.

It has been years since I've not has facial hair.

We will see what my fiancée thinks (since she hinted at it).

Groves
12-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Never.

Este.

I have averaged once every 14 months or so for a few years.

MTG#10
12-12-2013, 04:42 PM
Like others have said, if I tried to shave everyday my skin would be raw. 3 times a week for me, every other day usually but I sometimes go 2. I only shave my neck though, I have a full beard that I keep very short. Another bald guy too, but by choice...getting pretty thin at the crown so I just started buzzing it with clippers/no guard.

Donger
12-12-2013, 04:43 PM
No. My brother is signed up for it. It's basically the same shit....just not name brand.

Thanks.

Stewie
12-12-2013, 04:43 PM
I shave every day with an electric Norelco. It takes about a minute to knock stubble down to an unnoticeable level.

DC.chief
12-12-2013, 04:53 PM
I trim the cheek/neck around the beard once a week. I let the beard go pretty long sometimes. I usually wait until my sanity comes in question due to the length of it before trim it down some.

Rain Man
12-12-2013, 05:07 PM

I don't know what a fade haircut is, so I did a google image search. I got about 10,000 different hairstyles, including this:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHRoZ8jGY2LItY7HIJW5LByLgvC0eWuFCD2O1mENFa5vBTUqFZMg

Rain Man
12-12-2013, 05:09 PM
I've pondered several times just having my entire head waxed. It seems like it would be expensive on a one-time basis, but then I could go months without shaving and save the money back without the hassle of shaving. Is there a fatal flaw to such a plan?

Deberg_1990
12-12-2013, 05:13 PM
All i know is that Duck Dynasty has certainly infected the culture. I see alot of young dude sportin Duck Dynasty beards these days.

No thanks. I cant go more than 4 days without shaving.

ModSocks
12-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Now that i have a studly man beard....i don't shave much at all anymore.

But back when i was a youthful looking lad i would shave every other day or so.

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't know what a fade haircut is, so I did a google image search. I got about 10,000 different hairstyles, including this:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHRoZ8jGY2LItY7HIJW5LByLgvC0eWuFCD2O1mENFa5vBTUqFZMg

Nope....more like this.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NpsweFHHVeY/TcZjXkkV_eI/AAAAAAAACYU/CtO95PxDfGE/s320/taper-fade-haircut.jpg

Rain Man
12-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Nope....more like this.

That looks nice, but I think you could also pull off the really tall version.

ModSocks
12-12-2013, 05:21 PM

This.

It's all about the Fade. However, sometimes it can be hard to find a good barber to do a fade. I've had some fucked up fades in my life.

I love haircut days though. Guaranteed pussy. A fresh ass fade drives my wife crazy.

The Franchise
12-12-2013, 05:23 PM
This.

It's all about the Fade. However, sometimes it can be hard to find a good barber to do a fade. I've had some fucked up fades in my life.

I love haircut days though. Guaranteed pussy. A fresh ass fade drives my wife crazy.

The fade makes it almost impossible to grow your hair out because I'm so used to having short hair....that long hair annoys the fuck out of me.

ModSocks
12-12-2013, 05:26 PM
The fade makes it almost impossible to grow your hair out because I'm so used to having short hair....that long hair annoys the **** out of me.

That it drives the ladies crazy. I get so much attention after a fresh fade.

ModSocks
12-12-2013, 05:28 PM
And as far as shaving goes, it's all about the Gillete Mach 3.

The blades last forever and give such a smooth, clean shave.

Electric Razors just tug the shit out of me.

ModSocks
12-12-2013, 05:31 PM
half duck dynasty, half hipsters. The lumberjack beard is quite popular with them.

I had always wanted an awesome beard. My wife was completely against it. After awhile i stopped giving a fuck and grew it anyway. Now she won't let me shave it off. She thinks i look like Adam Levine ( i dont think so) whom she apparently has a huge crush on.

Rain Man
12-12-2013, 05:31 PM
half duck dynasty, half hipsters. The lumberjack beard is quite popular with them.

Combined with the trucker hat. It's better than the saggy pants look, but that's not saying much. I've never quite understood why looking scroungy is perceived as cool.

Of course, I guess I should admit that I had a big, long beard for a while in college 30 years ago. Maybe there's an inherent trait in young men that requires them to look grungy for a while.

ModSocks
12-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Combined with the trucker hat. It's better than the saggy pants look, but that's not saying much. I've never quite understood why looking scroungy is perceived as cool.

Of course, I guess I should admit that I had a big, long beard for a while in college 30 years ago. Maybe there's an inherent trait in young men that requires them to look grungy for a while.

Chicks dig it, man.

Makes them feel more feminine? /shrug.

Katipan
12-12-2013, 05:36 PM

Eau de rebellion. The first panty dropper ever. Next to Ug dragging his wife to his cave.

Earthling
12-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Probably once in the last 10 years.

DC.chief
12-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Ive had a beard since i was about 17 waaay before duck dynasty.

I will say its clear beards are becoming more popular

Rain Man
12-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Chicks dig it, man.

Makes them feel more feminine? /shrug.

Eau de rebellion. The first panty dropper ever. Next to Ug dragging his wife to his cave.

I kind of wonder if a beard is a "Hey, look at me, I'm an adult" type of thing. Growing a beard is something that's uniquely adult, so maybe if you're trying to show the world and yourself that you're an adult, you go through a beard phase. Women kind of have a built-in announcement with the whole breast phenomenon, but guys need beards to make the formal announcement.

Katipan
12-12-2013, 06:05 PM
I kind of wonder if a beard is a "Hey, look at me, I'm an adult" type of thing. Growing a beard is something that's uniquely adult, so maybe if you're trying to show the world and yourself that you're an adult, you go through a beard phase. Women kind of have a built-in announcement with the whole breast phenomenon, but guys need beards to make the formal announcement.

My boyfriend is sporting his first beard ever. This bodes well.
However I'm the same cup size i was when I was 12 with no sign of ever growing up.

I should try to grow a beard instead.

SAUTO
12-12-2013, 06:14 PM
a beard makes it appear that you are a dominant authority figure

Rain Man
12-12-2013, 06:17 PM
My boyfriend is sporting his first beard ever. This bodes well.
However I'm the same cup size i was when I was 12 with no sign of ever growing up.

I should try to grow a beard instead.

The Olympic gymnast look can be quite appealing. But not with a beard.

Rain Man
12-12-2013, 06:19 PM
a beard makes it appear that you are a dominant authority figure

Really? I would think just the opposite, at least in modern society. We haven't had a bearded president, for example, since Rutherford B. Hayes or thereabouts.

crossbow
12-12-2013, 06:31 PM
I shave my dog's ass, make him walk backwards and call him a Raider. Does that count?

SAUTO
12-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Really? I would think just the opposite, at least in modern society. We haven't had a bearded president, for example, since Rutherford B. Hayes or thereabouts.

that's what the old ladies tell me

Katipan
12-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Rutherford didn't have to deal with TV, much less high def. A modern president will have to have a polished manicured beard. No bushy homages to anyone named Robertson. If you're lucky Hillary will let her 5 o'clock shadow grow.

Reaper16
12-12-2013, 06:47 PM
I trim my beard every 3 weeks or so. On electric trimmers with 8 settings, my setting tends to be a 3 or 4, depending on mood/season/etc.

My hair has been kept in short buzzcuts or fades since June, except for the couple of times where I shaved it for kicks. My hairline will eventually be such that I'll rock the shaved head permanently, but for now its an end-of-semester thing that I do for a week or so. I have always shaved my head at the sink. I need that mirror.

ghak99
12-12-2013, 07:08 PM

I'm not sure I'd call any of our recent presidents dominant males and most of them have hardly been authority figures.

I'd rank our current first lady higher than our president in both categories. Her being clean shaven probably supports your argument though.

sfuria
12-12-2013, 09:10 PM

So I decided to try your method tonight. All I can say is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! While I'm not ecstatic about the stubble, its not too much that it looks bad and its definitely worth the time it takes. It took me about 2 minutes to do my face... I don't know how long it takes others to shave, but thats a savings of about 8 minutes for me! (yeah I got a heavy beard).