PDA

View Full Version : Football When Rookies talk...

T-post Tom
12-12-2013, 03:17 AM
:doh!:

Ravens’ Elam on Megatron: He’s old, so we’ll be physical with him

Ravens safety Matt Elam is 5-foot-10 and 210 pounds, while Lions receiver Calvin Johnson is 6-foot-5 and 236 pounds. So it wouldn’t seem to benefit Elam to try to get physical with Megatron when the two meet on Monday night.

But Elam, a 22-year-old rookie, says that when taking on an old guy like the 28-year-old Johnson, you always have to get physical.

“He’s pretty old, so I don’t know how physical he’ll be,” Elam said. “He’s a big guy, but he’s older. I guess when they get older they’re not going to be as physical, you know what I’m saying? We’re going to have to be physical, make him uncomfortable.”

Elam also said that Johnson is a “Big, fast, athletic, unstoppable, freak,” but you can bet those “old” comments will make their way to the Lions’ locker room. The Lions have previously acknowledged getting motivation from opposing teams snubbing Megatron, such as the time then-Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan said Johnson would only be the third-best receiver on the Cowboys. After Ryan made those comments, Johnson scored two fourth-quarter touchdowns in leading Detroit to a come-from-behind victory over Dallas.

In a big game for both teams’ playoff hopes, Ravens fans will have to hope Johnson doesn’t make Elam eat his words.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/11/ravens-elam-on-megatron-hes-old-so-well-be-physical-with-him/

big nasty kcnut
12-12-2013, 03:36 AM
Yeah megatron going to destroy the ravens sweet!!!!

Buehler445
12-12-2013, 07:32 AM
LOL. Kids gonna die.

Chiefs=Champions
12-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Luckily i have him in my fantasy team.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Even the kids of former Bronco kickers are arrogant assholes.

tredadda
12-12-2013, 08:59 AM
So 28 is now old in the NFL? LOL. I feel sorry for whomever covers him.

Three7s
12-12-2013, 09:03 AM
So 28 is now old in the NFL? LOL. I feel sorry for whomever covers him.
I don't know who Elam is, but I hope it's him. Megatron will torch him.

tredadda
12-12-2013, 09:07 AM
I don't know who Elam is, but I hope it's him. Megatron will torch him.

This. They better triple team him as that is about the only way to shut him down and we all know Stafford loves to throw to him so it could be a very bad game for whoever is that DB, hopefully it is Elam.

T-post Tom
12-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Ravens safety Matt Elam tugged on Megatron’s cape this week when he said that the Ravens secondary was going to be physical with Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson on Monday night because the 28-year-old Johnson was too old to play a physical game.

As you’d imagine, the comments made their way to Johnson on Thursday. Johnson joked that he would show Elam and the Ravens what he could do with his old-man strength and then pointed out that Elam could say just about anything he wants since he and Johnson won’t be going head-to-head during the game.

“He can talk all he wants. He plays back. I don’t see him every play unless I run past him,” Johnson said, via Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun. ROFL

Johnson also said he thought that Elam and fellow Ravens safety James Ihedigbo were “nothing extraordinary” and that he thought the Lions will be able to make plays downfield against the Baltimore defense. The statistics bear that out as the Ravens have given up 16 passing plays of 40 or more yards this season, the most in the league.

The Lions are No. 2 on that list, so there’s a pretty good chance of a shootout on Monday night.

Fish
12-12-2013, 06:05 PM
RIP Elam.

sfuria
12-12-2013, 06:12 PM
What a dumbass.

Tribal Warfare
12-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Cannon blaster on full

CallMeSquidwad
12-12-2013, 06:33 PM
I read this on NFL.com and almost couldn't believe it, good luck bud :thumb: you better hope you're faster than your brother(who actually is old by NFL standards)

Dayze
12-12-2013, 06:52 PM
prayers sent.