PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 1

Rain Man
12-12-2013, 07:14 PM
We have 452 of the greatest movie scenes ever filmed, as nominated by our esteemed population, and we're going to narrow it down to our favorite movie scene ever.

The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up the directions to find three randomly selected scenes in this thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=10272067#post10272067. You'll need to go there to find and view the scene, because frankly it'll be a pain for me to hunt them down and post them.

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it in the original nomination thread (NOT the voting thread), and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

Grab some popcorn and a 64-ounce soda, and let's roll the film with our first three nominees.

Edit:

I added the Devil's Rejects as Post 495.
I added They Live as Post 496
I added the Godfather finale as Post 497

It looks like the movies tend to pull clips, so I'll have to start checking ahead of time.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Hahaha. I totally forgot about this.

Dayze
12-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Rain Man was just busy tallying the nominees.

Rain Man
12-12-2013, 07:42 PM
I've never seen any of these movies.

I voted for The Devil's Rejects. Even though I hate scenes where the action is all fast and blurry, the leadup was quite intriguing and engaging.

The Godfather came in second. I suspect it was good, but it was slow.

They Live was interesting, but the production values were low enough that they distracted me.

JoeyChuckles
12-12-2013, 07:55 PM

Mark it down. This is the first time in my life I have ever disagreed with Rain Man.

Rain Man
12-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Mark it down. This is the first time in my life I have ever disagreed with Rain Man.

Duly noted.

JoeyChuckles has challenged me. Take the cannoli.

Rasputin
12-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Can the mods sticky the nomination thread for easy references?

Or even better idea so all these don't get lost so easy. Can we have a separate lounge for this tournament. They get lost easy in the lounge. Frankie's mom had her own lounge (sub-forum) I don't see why this couldn't?

Rain Man
12-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Can the mods sticky the nomination thread for easy references?

Or even better idea so all these don't get lost so easy. Can we have a separate lounge for this tournament. They get lost easy in the lounge. Frankie's mom had her own lounge (sub-forum) I don't see why this couldn't?

While I would be honored to have my own subforum, I'd worry that people might not find it, and numbers are key to the tournament. The sticky thing would be kind of cool, though.

ClevelandBronco
12-12-2013, 11:15 PM
I've never seen any of these movies.

I voted for The Devil's Rejects. Even though I hate scenes where the action is all fast and blurry, the leadup was quite intriguing and engaging.

They Live was interesting, but the production values were low enough that they distracted me.

You've seriously never seen The Godfather?

Psyko Tek
12-12-2013, 11:19 PM
I wanted to add the this is my boomstick from army of darkness
but didn't see the nominations soon enough

Rain Man
12-12-2013, 11:21 PM
You've seriously never seen The Godfather?

It's not a comedy. I have policies.

Rain Man
12-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Okay, the Godfather moves on.

saphojunkie
12-13-2013, 06:16 PM
WTF was that Devil's Rejects horseshit.

saphojunkie
12-13-2013, 06:22 PM
By the way, I know it's too late, but this scene should have been in there:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J5O5jd5cqZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
12-13-2013, 06:32 PM
WTF was that Devil's Rejects horseshit.

It was rather bizarre, but I found it intriguing. At least until they started doing the blurry fast stuff.

Deberg_1990
04-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Holy crap, this has been dragging on forever........

crazycoffey
04-28-2014, 01:05 AM
What's up with all the lame bumps? Ban hammer the asshat