PDA

View Full Version : KU ***** OFFICIAL 2014 KANSAS FOOTBALL THREAD *****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

ArrowheadHawk
12-13-2013, 02:26 PM
2014 is a new year with a couple of changes. It's time for this team to turn the corner.

New OC - http://cjonline.com/sports/2013-12-07/ku-officially-announces-john-reagan-new-offensive-coordinator

Pretty Sweet Recruiting Video -
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w-RAeFDg_C4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bdj23
12-13-2013, 02:29 PM
God I hope so.

Mr. Plow
12-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Please stop sucking.

KC native
12-13-2013, 02:31 PM
ROFL

Bowser
12-13-2013, 02:32 PM
You just can't have a recruiting video where the head coach of the team says "I understand you can't win every game, but....."

You guys need to get rid of Chuck. You really do.

kstater
12-13-2013, 02:38 PM
It's still the 2013 season.

Imon Yourside
12-13-2013, 02:38 PM
ROFL

TCU isn't a whole lot better man.

Imon Yourside
12-13-2013, 02:39 PM

Do you really need to remind us of that?

ArrowheadHawk
12-13-2013, 04:17 PM

Not for us it isn't. :#

Prison Bitch
12-13-2013, 07:24 PM
I say this as a KU alum but....if you're really thinking about KU football right now, you really do need to get a life.

TribalElder
12-13-2013, 07:24 PM
LMAO

Buehler445
12-13-2013, 07:52 PM
I say this as a KU alum but....if you're really thinking about KU football right now, you really do need to get a life.

Oh JFC.

We know KU football is ass. We know. But FFS, just calm the fuck down and let us talk about recruits, new coaching staff and all the shit you won't give half a fuck about until they start winning.

ArrowheadHawk
12-14-2013, 07:33 PM

Well, feel free to GTFO!

Lzen
12-20-2013, 01:18 PM
This may have been posted in the other thread but I wasn't gonna search through that. Grunhard on 810am talking coaching, KU, and a little Chiefs.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=26&c=374&f=2227373

RockChalk
12-20-2013, 02:43 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_legkjl8ruS1qdlkgg.gif

kcjayhawks5
12-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Can't wait to win 3 games next year!!

ArrowheadHawk
12-20-2013, 03:17 PM
New commit. http://kansas.scout.com/a.z?s=172&p=8&c=1&nid=6975729

We beat out the likes of Akron and Bowling Green to get him.

Bambi
12-20-2013, 03:21 PM
.FOOTBALL ADDS THREE MIDYEAR PLAYERS IN DECEMBER SIGNING CLASS
12/18/2013 8:10:00 PM
Football Signing Day Graphic
Kansas bolstered one of its most improved units from last season while adding needed depth and competition at another as the Jayhawks signed three junior college student-athletes to National Letters of Intent on the first day of the midyear signing period Wednesday.

The Jayhawks added a pair of defensive backs in Ronnie Davis (Northeastern Oklahoma A&M) and Anthony Smithson (Hartnell College) to a secondary that held opposing offenses to nearly 40 less yards per game and intercepted 14 opponent passes, the most since 2008. Kansas also signed talented offensive line prospect Keyon Haughton (Georgia Military College).

Kansas finished the 2013 season with a 3-9 overall record, including the team's first win over a Big 12 Conference opponent since 2010, and looks to add to the positive momentum further as it builds the 2014 signing class. The midyear signing period comes to a close Jan. 15, with football's annual National Signing Day on Feb. 5.

Ronnie Davis
Play Button 2
DB, 6-0, 181, Jr.
Midwest City, Okla.
Midwest City HS/Northeastern Oklahoma A&M

A three-star prospect out of Northeastern Oklahoma A&M (NEO) at defensive back according to Rivals.com... Played for head coach Sherard Poteete... Had 24 tackles, four interceptions and three pass breakups in seven games in 2013... Earned honorable mention All-Southwest Conference honors... Tallied 48 stops, one interception, 2.0 TFLs, two pass breakups and a blocked kick in 10 games in 2012... Helped lead Midwest City HS to an 11-1 overall mark in 2011 and a trip to the Class 6A state quarterfinals... Played both quarterback and defensive back at Midwest City HS under coach Steve Huff... Earned all-state honors after a standout senior season where he collected 58 tackles, including two sacks... Also hauled in seven interceptions, four of which he returned for touchdowns... On offense he carried the ball 38 times for 335 yards and four TDs... Also caught three passes for 45 yards, with all three resulting in TDs... Rated the 18th-best player in the state of Oklahoma by MaxPreps following his senior season... Tabbed as the 20th-best player in the state of Oklahoma by the The Oklahoman... Selected to play in the 2012 Oil Bowl... Also participated in basketball and track at Midwest City HS... Son of Tangie Davis and Ronnie Mathenia.

Keyon Haughton
Play Button 2
OL, 6-2, 309, Jr.
Baltimore, Md.
W.E.B. DuBois HS/Georgia Military College

Comes to Kansas after spending the past two seasons at Georgia Military College where he helped lead the Bulldogs to an 11-1 mark and a No. 3 national ranking in the final 2013 National Junior College Athletics Assocation (NJCAA) poll... Anchored the Bulldogs' offensive line that paved the way for the NJCAA's top rushing offense at 289.2 yards per game in 2013... Played for head coach Bert Williams at GMC... Played on both the offensive and defensive lines at W.E.B. DuBois HS... Earned Scholar Athlete honors from Greater Baltimore Chapter of the National Football Foundation... Son of Desreene and Demetrius Whitted.

Anthony Smithson
Play Button 2
DB, 5-11, 185, So.
Baltimore, Md.
Highland HS (Utah)/Hartnell College
Arrives at KU after playing the 2013 season at Hartnell College under head coach Matt Collins... Helped lead the Panthers to the Coast Conference title, including a 9-2 mark and a win in the Living Breath Foundation Bowl, in 2013... Earned All-Coast Conference First Team honors in 2013... Named Hartnell Defensive MVP after leading the Panthers with 74 tackles and eight interceptions on the season... His 58 solo stops and eight picks led the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA)... Also forced two fumbles and was credited with five pass breakups in 2013... Signed with Navy out of Highlands HS (Salt Lake City, Utah) and attended Navy Prep in 2012... Played primarily on offense at Highland HS under head coach Brody Benson... Helped lead the Rams to a 7-4 mark during his senior campaign, while completing 32-of-61 passes for 528 yards and six touchdowns... Also rushed for 492 yards and nine touchdowns on 69 carries... Son of Lori and Tony Smithson... Brother, Shaky, played wide receiver at Utah before a stint in the NFL with the Green Bay Packers... Goes by the nickname "Fish".
KUAthletics.com: The official online source for Kansas Athletics, Williams Education Fund contributions, tickets, merchandise, multimedia, photos and much, much more.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-20-2013, 04:23 PM
The highlight of this season is going to be the unveiling [I hope] of the stadium renovations.

Mark that down...

Silock
12-20-2013, 04:57 PM
I had a dream last night that we lost to a high school team that had 3 girls on it, and they still wouldn't fire Weis.

Reerun_KC
12-20-2013, 05:06 PM
I had a dream last night that we lost to a high school team that had 3 girls on it, and they still wouldn't fire Weis.

Awesome.

ArrowheadHawk
12-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Jayhawks land commitment from former Florida tight end Kent Taylor (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2013/dec/24/jayhawks-land-commitment-former-florida-tight-end-/?football)

Taylor was top-ranked TE in Class of 2012
By Matt Tait

For the third offseason in a row, Kansas University’s football program has landed a commitment from a high-profile transfer.

Former Florida player Kent Taylor, the No. 1-ranked tight end in the Class of 2012, told Jon Kirby of JayhawkSlant.com on Tuesday that he was transferring to Kansas.

Shortly after the news broke, Taylor’s Twitter feed (@kenttaylor18) was flooded with congratulatory messages, and Taylor made it clear that he was thrilled about his decision.

He wrote: “Couldn’t be more excited about my opportunity to go play football for the University of Kansas! #rockchalkjayhawk”

Taylor, a 6-foot-5, 223-pound athlete known for his dynamic pass-catching ability, played in six games in 2012 with Florida — including a touchdown catch in the Sugar Bowl against Louisville — but did not play in 2013 and elected to transfer at the end of the season. He is expected to sit out the 2014 season due to transfer rules but will be able to go through spring football in a few months and will have two years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2015.

Taylor joins quarterback Dayne Crist (Notre Dame), quarterback Jake Heaps (BYU), wide receiver Justin McCay (Oklahoma) and defensive end Chris Martin (Florida) former highly ranked prospects to transfer from big-time football schools to play for coach Charlie Weis at Kansas.

A consensus four-star recruit out of Land O’Lakes High in Florida, Taylor was ranked as the 10th-best player in the state of Florida and 54th-best prospect nationally as a senior by Rivals.com.

In 2012, at the Army All-American game, Rivals.com pegged Taylor as the third-best prospect on the East roster.

He chose Florida over offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Oregon and picked Kansas as his latest destination because of his connection to Weis.

“I think as a tight end playing for Coach Weis there is no one better to play for,” Taylor told Kirby. “I think I have to take that opportunity. When he found out I was leaving and we figured out all of the grades and how to make it work I was really excited.”

Taylor, who said he was contacted by several schools upon hearing that he planned to transfer, has not yet visited KU’s campus but plans to make a trip to Lawrence on Jan. 17.

“I’m going to take my visit and then I’m planning on just staying there,” Taylor told Kirby.

Taylor becomes the 14th player in the current class to commit to Kansas. Three of those players have signed already. Weis said recently that KU could take as many as 26 players in the current class. The mid-year signing period runs through Jan. 15, and national signing day for the rest of the class is Feb. 5.

ChiTown
12-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Jayhawks land commitment from former Florida tight end Kent Taylor (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2013/dec/24/jayhawks-land-commitment-former-florida-tight-end-/?football)

Taylor was top-ranked TE in Class of 2012
By Matt Tait

For the third offseason in a row, Kansas University’s football program has landed a commitment from a high-profile transfer.

Former Florida player Kent Taylor, the No. 1-ranked tight end in the Class of 2012, told Jon Kirby of JayhawkSlant.com on Tuesday that he was transferring to Kansas.

Shortly after the news broke, Taylor’s Twitter feed (@kenttaylor18) was flooded with congratulatory messages, and Taylor made it clear that he was thrilled about his decision.

He wrote: “Couldn’t be more excited about my opportunity to go play football for the University of Kansas! #rockchalkjayhawk”

Taylor, a 6-foot-5, 223-pound athlete known for his dynamic pass-catching ability, played in six games in 2012 with Florida — including a touchdown catch in the Sugar Bowl against Louisville — but did not play in 2013 and elected to transfer at the end of the season. He is expected to sit out the 2014 season due to transfer rules but will be able to go through spring football in a few months and will have two years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2015.

Taylor joins quarterback Dayne Crist (Notre Dame), quarterback Jake Heaps (BYU), wide receiver Justin McCay (Oklahoma) and defensive end Chris Martin (Florida) former highly ranked prospects to transfer from big-time football schools to play for coach Charlie Weis at Kansas.

A consensus four-star recruit out of Land O’Lakes High in Florida, Taylor was ranked as the 10th-best player in the state of Florida and 54th-best prospect nationally as a senior by Rivals.com.

In 2012, at the Army All-American game, Rivals.com pegged Taylor as the third-best prospect on the East roster.

He chose Florida over offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Oregon and picked Kansas as his latest destination because of his connection to Weis.

“I think as a tight end playing for Coach Weis there is no one better to play for,” Taylor told Kirby. “I think I have to take that opportunity. When he found out I was leaving and we figured out all of the grades and how to make it work I was really excited.”

Taylor, who said he was contacted by several schools upon hearing that he planned to transfer, has not yet visited KU’s campus but plans to make a trip to Lawrence on Jan. 17.

“I’m going to take my visit and then I’m planning on just staying there,” Taylor told Kirby.

Taylor becomes the 14th player in the current class to commit to Kansas. Three of those players have signed already. Weis said recently that KU could take as many as 26 players in the current class. The mid-year signing period runs through Jan. 15, and national signing day for the rest of the class is Feb. 5.

He's a transfer, not a recruit who committed. So, he doesn't go into the 2014 class. I'm surprised Kirby reported it that way.

lcarus
12-25-2013, 01:13 PM

I really thought Weis would bring more to the table. I really did. I didn't expect them to be world beaters, especially not right away, but god damn.

ArrowheadHawk
12-25-2013, 01:17 PM
He's a transfer, not a recruit who committed. So, he doesn't go into the 2014 class. I'm surprised Kirby reported it that way.Does seem a little odd.

Fritz88
12-25-2013, 03:53 PM

That's a horrible dream.

ArrowheadHawk
12-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Lost a commit to BC today.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2013/dec/30/ku-football-commitment-austin-stevens-picks-boston/

KC Hawks
01-06-2014, 03:13 PM
@schadjoe: Iowa State has hired former Kansas head coach Mark Mangino as offensive coordinator, a source said

greatgooglymoogly
01-06-2014, 03:14 PM
@schadjoe: Iowa State has hired former Kansas head coach Mark Mangino as offensive coordinator, a source said

Crap. I wanted him to be HC at Missouri State. No way we can afford him now...

Buehler445
01-06-2014, 03:31 PM

Did the last place he was at fire him as HC?

Bambi
01-06-2014, 03:32 PM

Ruh-roh

Braincase
01-16-2014, 08:50 PM
KU just picked up a commitment from Daniel Wise, 3-star DE.

Apparently he had offers from Colorado, TT, Mizzou, SMU and Lou Tech.

Link (http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansas/football/recruiting/player-Daniel-Wise-143701)

ArrowheadHawk
01-16-2014, 09:14 PM
KU just picked up a commitment from Daniel Wise, 2-star DE.

Apparently he had offers from Colorado, TT, Mizzou, SMU and Lou Tech.

Link (http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansas/football/recruiting/player-Daniel-Wise-143701)

Sweet

Braincase
01-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Sweet

Apparently, he's a 3 star, not a 2. Updated my original post.

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Lessens teh blow of losing Stevens to Boston College, I reckon. We desperately need to fill the gaps with some High School players... The roster being so heavy with Junior College players.

Mr. Laz
01-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Shane Jackson ‏@jacksonshane3 44m
Derek Neal 3 star WR chooses KU over Texas Tech and Oregon State #kufball

Braincase
01-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Shane Jackson ‏@jacksonshane3 44m
Derek Neal 3 star WR chooses KU over Texas Tech and Oregon State #kufball

Sweet! I was hopeful we could snag another WR... need to check video to see what kinds of hands he has.

Braincase
01-22-2014, 06:39 AM
Changes... Admire to FB/TE after losing 50 lbs... wow.

LINK (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2014/jan/22/updated-roster-reveals-ku-football-changes/)

Updated roster reveals KU football changes

By Matt Tait (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/matt_tait/)

The Kansas University football team offered a sneak peek at the 2014 squad when it released an updated roster on its website Tuesday.

The most significant revelation was that offensive lineman Dylan Admire, who started two games at center last season, dropped some weight and moved to tight end/fullback.

Admire, a junior-to-be from Blue Valley West High, is down 50 pounds from his weight at this time last year. Admire earned his shot at center — his high school position — because of his intelligence and work ethic, but his lack of size was too much to overcome up front.

To accommodate the position change, Admire switched his number from 66 to 86.
Other notable nuggets from the updated KU football roster include:
— The absence of Ricki Herod, Brian Maura and Neal Page, all former scholarship players who are no longer with the team.
— The absence of H’s or F’s from the position column. From here on out, it looks like running backs will be called running backs and wide receivers will be called receivers. On that note, senior-to-be Tony Pierson and red-shirt freshman Colin Spencer both are listed as wide receivers.
— Junior running back Darrian Miller is on the roster and reported for Tuesday’s first day of spring semester classes.
— Tight end Kent Taylor, who transferred to KU from Florida and will have to sit out the 2014 season, is not yet listed on the roster but is in town. After taking his official visit last weekend, Taylor returned to Florida with his family on Sunday per NCAA rules and then came back to Lawrence on Monday. He took in Monday’s KU hoops game with linebackers Ben Heeney and Schyler Miles.
— Mid-year signees Ronnie Davis (CB), Keyon Haughton (OL) and Anthony “Fish” Smithson (S) all are listed on the roster and are in town for the start of the spring semester. Davis is slated to wear No. 23, Haughton will wear No. 70 and Smithson No. 9.
— Position changes of note: Former cornerback Greg Allen is now a nickelback; former Buck Ben Goodman is now a defensive lineman; former linebacker Kellen Ash is now listed as a Buck.
— Number changes: Senior wide receiver Nick Harwell switched from 88 to 8; red-shirt freshman receiver Colin Spencer switched from 20 to 88; junior nickelback Courtney Arnick switched from 58 to 28; sophomore kicker Matthew Wyman switched from 28 to 17; sophomore cornerback Piers Christian switched from 28 to 39; sophomore offensive lineman Sean Connolly switched from 75 to 62; and sophomore kicker Austin Barone switched from 39 to 19.
— It should be noted that, with the exception of Admire, none of the weights were updated on the most recent roster. That likely will take place before the start of spring practices in March.

A recruiting note: Looks like KU received a commitment from 2014 OLB Josh Ehambe out of Texas.

Info (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/176606/josh-ehambe)

He's listed as a 3 star. Had offers from Lou Tech, Washington State and SMU, others.

ArrowheadHawk
01-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Keep sawing wood. Interested in seeing what the new OC brings to the table.

Mr. Plow
01-22-2014, 08:06 AM
I say this every year, but I'm looking forward to seeing if there are any strides made this year.

Lzen
01-22-2014, 08:15 AM
I say this every year, but I'm looking forward to seeing if there are any strides made this year.

I know it. I'm kind of getting tired of it. We need to see some major improvement this next year.

Mr. Plow
01-22-2014, 08:16 AM
I know it. I'm kind of getting tired of it. We need to see some major improvement this next year.

I would expect that the team be fully competitive in 90% of the games. Win the ones they should and an offense that can move the ball a little bit.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-22-2014, 08:18 AM
We will probably go undefeated this year.

Jimmya
01-22-2014, 08:21 AM
Change usually offers at least a chance.

Lzen
01-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Oh yeah. I will be watching from game 1 next year. I will be cheering on my team, as usual. But it is getting tiresome to hear the same things year after year and it doesn't seem to matter. I keep having to remind myself of the mess Gill left.

Bambi
01-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Good to see Miller is back. Thought something more serious was going on there.

I think you use Pierson in the slot, Harwell outside and hopefully some combination of all these other guys to help Heaps more than last year.

Obviously Sims will be missed but you've still got Miller, Bourbon, and from looks like it Cox is still here. How is that happening?

http://kuathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-22-2014, 08:51 AM
Didn't he get a medical redshirt this past season? he played sparingly in a game maybe two... and then got injured... sat out the rest of the season.

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-22-2014, 08:55 AM
Two guys that sat out this past year will have big impacts for this team on Defense this coming year. Andrew Bolton and MJM.

Those might be the two best players on D in 2014.

Reerun_KC
01-22-2014, 11:16 AM
We will suck....

Prison Bitch
01-22-2014, 11:21 AM
We will suck....

You ****ing suck as a fan of Kansas sports.

Bambi
01-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Didn't he get a medical redshirt this past season? he played sparingly in a game maybe two... and then got injured... sat out the rest of the season.

Cox? I thought he was asked to redshirt because Sims, Miller and Bourbon were basically all in front of him but he said he wanted to play so he was active.

I know he got hurt but I thought it was too late to get the redshirt. If that's not the case then I'm thrilled.

Miller, Bourbon, Cox while they bring Wrench along slowly is going to be just fine.

The WRs are still what worry me the most. Heaps needs something...anything to help him convert on 3rd down. McCay is going to have to step up and Harwell seems like he's all in this last year of his college career.

TambaBerry
01-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Well we have the talent in place. its time to see results.

Braincase
01-23-2014, 06:42 AM
Two guys that sat out this past year will have big impacts for this team on Defense this coming year. Andrew Bolton and MJM.

Those might be the two best players on D in 2014.

I think there was a d-back that was coming in from the juco level that was supposed to be a starter as well, but the NCAA made some odd ball ruling after we thought all the bases were covered.

Reerun_KC
01-23-2014, 07:02 AM
You ****ing suck as a fan of Kansas sports.

Sure thing Prison Flopper.

Lzen
01-23-2014, 08:29 AM
I think there was a d-back that was coming in from the juco level that was supposed to be a starter as well, but the NCAA made some odd ball ruling after we thought all the bases were covered.

Kevin Short?

ChiTown
01-23-2014, 02:33 PM
http://247sports.com/Player/DJ-Williams-28281

ku just picked up this kid. A friend of mine Coaches Football in Texas and his team has gone up against him. Says this kid is a beast. Plenty of major colleges after him, but he mentioned there could be some qualifying issues academically speaking - he was unsure. Anyway, just making you aware.

RustShack
01-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Keep sawing wood. Interested in seeing what the new OC brings to the table.

What's the story on this? That's our OC Manginos twitter name.

Bambi
01-23-2014, 03:00 PM
http://247sports.com/Player/DJ-Williams-28281

ku just picked up this kid. A friend of mine Coaches Football in Texas and his team has gone up against him. Says this kid is a beast. Plenty of major colleges after him, but he mentioned there could be some qualifying issues academically speaking - he was unsure. Anyway, just making you aware.

Nothing wrong with beating out Oklahoma and Miami for a DL recruit.

Turning into a pretty impressive HS level recruiting season.

ArrowheadHawk
01-23-2014, 03:12 PM
You build a house one cut at a time. So keep sawing and eventually it will be done.

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-23-2014, 03:39 PM
What's the story on this? That's our OC Manginos twitter name.

It's his "catch phrase" about continuously working hard.

Mr. Laz
01-23-2014, 07:08 PM
January 23, 2014

Official: Taylor joins KU program
KUAD Release
Taylor officially joins KU program

LAWRENCE, Kan. - Kansas football head coach Charlie Weis announced Thursday that tight end Kent Taylor has signed a grant in aid to join the KU football program immediately. One of the top tight ends in the nation coming out of Land O'Lakes High School in 2012, Taylor spent his first two collegiate seasons playing at the University of Florida.

Taylor saw action in six games during his freshman season at Florida. He made his first career catch at Vanderbilt in 2012 and scored a touchdown on a five yard reception in Florida's 2012 Sugar Bowl win over Louisville. Taylor redshirted during the 2013 season.

A consensus four-star recruit, Taylor was rated as the No. 1 tight end in the nation by Rivals.com and Scout.com in 2012. He was rated the No. 10 player in the state of Florida by Rivals.com and the No. 54 prospect on the Rivals100 national list as well as No. 73 overall in the nation by Scout.com.

As a senior, Taylor helped lead his Land O' Lakes High School squad to a 7-3 record, while recording 30 catches for 480 yards with five touchdowns despite missing the first month of the season with a broken left hand. Taylor, who was coached by Brian Wachtel at Land O'Lakes, was named an Honorable Mention All-American by Sports Illustrated and was selected to compete in the 2012 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

ArrowheadHawk
01-23-2014, 07:20 PM
So can he play right away?

Chiefs Pantalones
01-23-2014, 07:32 PM
@laytrionjones: Just commited to kansas

ArrowheadHawk
01-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Good day.

Bambi
01-23-2014, 11:27 PM
Weis is killin it.

kcchiefsus
01-24-2014, 01:19 AM
Weis is killin it.

ROFL

Braincase
01-24-2014, 06:44 AM
ROFL

If you want to be a dick, go do it somewhere else.

Oh, and D.J. Williams to Kansas, bitch.

Braincase
01-24-2014, 06:48 AM
Kevin Short?That's him! thanks!

Braincase
01-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Darious Crawley, WR, to Kansas. Rivals 3 Star.

Apparently we beat out Michigan State for the young man.

Rivals Link (http://rivals.yahoo.com/iowastate/football/recruiting/player-Darious-Crawley-151874)

Scout Link (http://kansas.scout.com/a.z?s=172&p=8&c=1&nid=6912395)

Kid had offers from Kansas, Michigan State, Iowa State and others.

Bambi
01-25-2014, 03:17 PM

Rivals Link (http://rivals.yahoo.com/iowastate/football/recruiting/player-Darious-Crawley-151874)

Another advantage to recruiting Texas. Why would anyone ever leave that recruiting pipeline is beyond me.

Braincase
01-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Looks like KU got a commit from the #1 JuCo running back in the country, De'Andre Mann. 5'10", 205#, 3 star.

RustShack
01-27-2014, 07:11 PM

News to me. We are loaded at WR.

Saul Good
01-27-2014, 07:25 PM
News to me. We are loaded at WR.

You're loaded at WR? Your leading WR last year had 48 catches for 676 yards. Your next best WR who is returning had 22 catches for 233 yards and 0 TDs (you can add his 1 catch for 9 yards the previous season if you want to calculate career numbers).

If you're loaded, it's because you're drinking...as you should be. Happy birthday.

Mr. Plow
01-27-2014, 07:28 PM
You're loaded at WR? Your leading WR last year had 48 catches for 676 yards. Your next best WR who is returning had 22 catches for 233 yards and 0 TDs (you can add his 1 catch for 9 yards the previous season if you want to calculate career numbers).

If you're loaded, it's because you're drinking...as you should be. Happy birthday.

Yeah, but it's next year man.

Next.

Year.

RustShack
01-27-2014, 07:43 PM

I meant recruiting class. No way we'd accept that guy.

But our sophomore WR did tie Todd Blyths TD record last year. We also have a 4 Star WR that transfered in and sat out last year will be a sophomore. Oh then 4 star Lazard coming in as a freshman.

Let's see if Mangino works some magic with the OL last year that was mostly all new guys and had about 8 different lineups because of injury. That's what destroyed us... Oh and a dumbshit OC.

Plenty of talent is in place.

RustShack
01-27-2014, 07:44 PM
And thank you, I did just start drinking an hour ago :)

Braincase
01-27-2014, 11:00 PM
#2 JuCo DE just committed to KU as well. Anthony Olobia.

I guess somewhere we missed the memo about laying down and being everybody's bitch without a fight.

Buehler445
01-27-2014, 11:11 PM
And thank you, I did just start drinking an hour ago :)

HBD broseph

Buehler445
01-27-2014, 11:13 PM

I guess somewhere we missed the memo about laying down and being everybody's bitch without a fight.

Wow. I'm not a great big fan of juco players but we definitely can't compete for the best freshman. So roll on fat man.

Still worried about the qb. Biggest weakness in the Weis tenure.

kcchiefsus
01-28-2014, 01:53 AM

You tools have been the same crap the past few years, bragging about getting guys like Crist, Heaps, McCay, etc. You losers still sucked. Nothing has changed.

Braincase
01-28-2014, 06:20 AM
You tools have been the same crap the past few years, bragging about getting guys like Crist, Heaps, McCay, etc. You losers still sucked. Nothing has changed.

So winning 2 more games than the previous year is no change? Check your math, meth-head.

Some things indeed do not change. You being a total douche for example.

Any non-rape related news out of Columbia lately?

Bambi
01-28-2014, 08:39 AM

Killin it. Already sweeped up a ton of HS talent. Was wondering when the juco's were going to start coming in. Here they are...

Prison Bitch
01-28-2014, 09:43 AM
After last year, no KU fan should ever be excited for juco guys. That ship already done sail. #dreamteam

Braincase
01-28-2014, 09:51 AM
After last year, no KU fan should ever be excited for juco guys. That ship already done sail. #dreamteam

Yeah, because all but a few of them actually helped.

Prison Bitch
01-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Helped us go 1-8 in league play. Their sacrifices will never be forgotten

ChiTown
01-28-2014, 10:37 AM
You have to be patient with JC's. Many of them don't show signs of being able to contribute until late in the year, especially if they aren't mid-year guys. As a K-State fan, I've always taken a very different approach with my expectations of JC's. I expect very little, and hope for the best. Except for the very top level JC's, you just don't know what you are going to get until they get on Campus and start working out with the team. They are really no different than incoming FR in that regard.

Braincase
01-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Helped us go 1-8 in league play. Their sacrifices will never be forgotten

1-8 in league play was infinitely better than what we experienced the prior two seasons. And there's nothing wrong with my math.

Braincase
01-30-2014, 09:55 AM
If anyone is interested, Frankie Seurer is walking on at QB. Frankie is the son of former KU QB Frank Seurer.

Bambi
01-30-2014, 09:58 AM
If anyone is interested, Frankie Seurer is walking on at QB. Frankie is the son of former KU QB Frank Seurer.

saw that, nice

kcchiefsus
01-30-2014, 10:16 AM
So winning 2 more games than the previous year is no change? Check your math, meth-head.

Some things indeed do not change. You being a total douche for example.

Any non-rape related news out of Columbia lately?

Ouch, wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Bambi
01-30-2014, 10:21 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-CGbd7WukLk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lzen
01-30-2014, 10:25 AM
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-CGbd7WukLk" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Loved Steven Johnson. Too bad he's a scum sucking Donkey now.

Braincase
01-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Ouch, wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

Some guys come over for reasonable conversation about the steps KU needs to take to right the ship.

You just come over and act the troll douche and add zero to the conversation.

The SEC conversation is over there.

Lzen
01-30-2014, 11:46 AM
Some guys come over for reasonable conversation about the steps KU needs to take to right the ship.

You just come over and act the troll douche and add zero to the conversation.

The SEC conversation is over there.

Yup.

Chiefspants
01-30-2014, 01:55 PM

I'm confused, I thought the knock on KU fans is that we only cared about basketball?

ArrowheadHawk
01-30-2014, 02:29 PM
We clearly only care about basketball.

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-31-2014, 07:06 AM
We clearly only care about basketball.

And all they care about is KU. ;)

Braincase
02-03-2014, 09:59 PM
OK, everybody calm down. A little news, but we wouldn't want to attract a troll or some other breed of douchecannister.

Corey Avery, 3 * RB, picks Kansas over... check this... Baylor, K-State, LSU, Nebraska, OSU and OSU, TTech, Wash State and West Virginia.

Damn.

Bambi
02-03-2014, 10:03 PM
OK, everybody calm down. A little news, but we wouldn't want to attract a troll or some other breed of douchecannister.

Corey Avery, 3 * RB, picks Kansas over... check this... Baylor, K-State, LSU, Nebraska, OSU and OSU, TTech, Wash State and West Virginia.

Damn.

Dallas Carter. Weis is cleaning up with the high school talent. Spring can't get here soon enough.

TambaBerry
02-03-2014, 10:40 PM
This kid is a huge pickup, runs a 4.45 40 out of high school. Probably will be like Pierson

Buehler445
02-04-2014, 12:30 AM
This kid is a huge pickup, runs a 4.45 40 out of high school. Probably will be like Pierson

OK. I don't know much about the whole starring system, but if he can lay down a 4.45, why is he only 3 stars?

Pants
02-04-2014, 01:01 AM
OK. I don't know much about the whole starring system, but if he can lay down a 4.45, why is he only 3 stars?

Start systems are dumb as fuck, man.

I remember that Aquib Talib was like a 2-star. Kid was a baller.

TambaBerry
02-04-2014, 05:27 AM
Start systems are dumb as ****, man.

I remember that Aquib Talib was like a 2-star. Kid was a baller.

This star system is a joke.

ArrowheadHawk
02-04-2014, 06:31 AM
Wow that's an impressive offer list.

Braincase
02-04-2014, 07:00 AM

Actually, he's a mix. Some had him at 3 stars, others 4.

It's a nice boost to our recruiting class. The folks that care about class rankings have us moved up to 49th, and #7 in the Big 12.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2014/BIG12/all)

ArrowheadHawk
02-04-2014, 07:17 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CCzZwbm7Yhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr_Tomahawk
02-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Nice....eh....ugh.

Why do I allow myself to get excited about this program?

Fansy the Famous Bard
02-04-2014, 07:40 AM
The void is slowly being filled. This is desperately needed for the program to get where it needs to be.

You can't turn a team around overnight that loses a third of it's scholarship players during a regime change.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-04-2014, 07:48 AM
Now just show the damn stadium renovation renderings.

Bambi
02-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Actually, he's a mix. Some had him at 3 stars, others 4.

It's a nice boost to our recruiting class. The folks that care about class rankings have us moved up to 49th, and #7 in the Big 12.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2014/BIG12/all)

damn, TCU...

Mr. Plow
02-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Nice....eh....ugh.

Why do I allow myself to get excited about this program?

I know. LMAO

Braincase
02-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Now just show the damn stadium renovation renderings.

After basketball season.

Al Czervik
02-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Avery:

”I think I’m going to take my talents to a city named Lawrence and be a Kansas Jayhawks,” Avery said. “Kansas is a program that needs to be turned around, and I think I’m going to personally turn it around.”

This past season, Avery rushed for 1,667 yards, caught 16 passes for 249 yards and scored 22 total touchdowns. Avery played running back and wide receiver and will get a shot to play both positions at Kansas.

Nice pickup and love his speed and toughness.....Getting him over Nub and TX is amazing.

Mr. Laz
02-04-2014, 01:04 PM
I wish Weis could coach as well as he recruits.

Bambi
02-04-2014, 02:29 PM
I wish Weis could coach as well as he recruits.

Weis is going to have very little to do with "coaching" from here on out.

He's doing exactly what he was brought in here to do. Let him ride the figurehead role for the rest of his contract and the program is going to be in very good shape.

Braincase
02-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Avery:

”I think I’m going to take my talents to a city named Lawrence and be a Kansas Jayhawks,” Avery said. “Kansas is a program that needs to be turned around, and I think I’m going to personally turn it around.”

This past season, Avery rushed for 1,667 yards, caught 16 passes for 249 yards and scored 22 total touchdowns. Avery played running back and wide receiver and will get a shot to play both positions at Kansas.

Nice pickup and love his speed and toughness.....Getting him over Nub and TX is amazing.

Love the kid's attitude. Beats the hell out of "I'm going to go to a top program and blend in, and try to keep my head down for a couple of years until I have no choice but fish or cut bait."

Al Czervik
02-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Love the kid's attitude. Beats the hell out of "I'm going to go to a top program and blend in, and try to keep my head down for a couple of years until I have no choice but fish or cut bait."

Yep....refreshing to hear that....

kcchiefsus
02-05-2014, 02:56 AM

He's doing exactly what he was brought in here to do. Let him ride the figurehead role for the rest of his contract and the program is going to be in very good shape.

LMAO :LOL:

kcchiefsus
02-05-2014, 02:59 AM

More like "I don't have the confidence that I can compete against other top talent at a good program so I'll go to a school where the program recruits mostly trash. That way, there will be no competition for a starting spot. Man, I can't wait to strive for 1 or maybe even 2 conference wins a year!!!

Bambi
02-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Got our All American

http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2014/02/05/Traevohn_Wrench_t600x450.jpg?489261f3495bbba337e35b07c8dca5ba88358ecf

Bambi
02-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Hartzog's shirt is pimp

http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2014/02/05/Bobby_Hartzog_t375x500.jpg?66a91c9172182ffe6caebba2899189d81e3ca332

Bambi
02-05-2014, 08:45 AM
We signed a QB too

http://kansan.com/media/2014/01/14118_bkc_OKstate_gmullinix-4.jpg

Braincase
02-05-2014, 12:17 PM
More like "I don't have the confidence that I can compete against other top talent at a good program so I'll go to a school where the program recruits mostly trash. That way, there will be no competition for a starting spot. Man, I can't wait to strive for 1 or maybe even 2 conference wins a year!!!

Hey look! It's Douchey McDoucheMeister!

Mr. Laz
02-05-2014, 12:23 PM

Weis will still control the tone,attitude and goals of the team.

Our offense looks sloppy just like the offense Weis had at Notre Dame. There is something wrong with the way he does practice or something.

*crossing fingers*

Braincase
02-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Weis will still control the tone,attitude and goals of the team.

Our offense looks sloppy just like the offense Weis had at Notre Dame. There is something wrong with the way he does practice or something.

*crossing fingers*

We've haven't been in synch between the oline and backfield since he arrived. Hopefully that will change with a more experienced oline.

Mr. Laz
02-05-2014, 12:32 PM
We've haven't been in synch between the oline and backfield since he arrived. Hopefully that will change with a more experienced oline.
Weis seems like a good guy and has a nose for recruiting. I just hope he can get his offensive coaching in place to fix his apparent weaknesses.

Bambi
02-05-2014, 12:45 PM
All 20 commits are in and confirmed.

Final ranking will land right around 53rd in the nation.

bdj23
02-05-2014, 01:03 PM
We signed a QB too

http://kansan.com/media/2014/01/14118_bkc_OKstate_gmullinix-4.jpg

Hell yeah! We're going bowling!!

ArrowheadHawk
02-05-2014, 04:21 PM
All 20 commits are in and confirmed.

Final ranking will land right around 53rd in the nation.

Not bad considering.

Bambi
02-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Not bad considering.

Important note from Tait:

3:26 p.m. Update:

Just wanted to clarify one thing before I jump in and write something up for tomorrow's paper:

KU's total haul in this class — counting mid-year guys and D-I transfers — is 25.... 15 high school signees, 8 juco signees and 2 D-I transfers. Because the Jayhawks can count one player backwards toward last year's class, that leaves them with one spot remaining in the current class.

That's significant because if a player were to come available late or if another attractive transfer popped up, they would be able to jump on him. That said, I'd expect the spot to remain unused unless an offensive tackle or wide receiver that could come in and push for a starting role became available.

As you were.

Braincase
02-05-2014, 07:06 PM
ESPN's take on KU recruiting...

Link (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10380801)

ArrowheadHawk
02-05-2014, 07:16 PM
ESPN's take on KU recruiting...

Link (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10380801)

Video unavailable

Titty Meat
02-05-2014, 07:54 PM

Damn.

He's a good player. We wanted him to play DB think he'll be a slot back at KU.

Braincase
02-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Video unavailable

Worked for me...Firefox.

BWillie
02-05-2014, 08:30 PM
It's kind of sad I'm excited about this class. It's the #55 best class per Rivals, but that isn't bad for Kansas. Any other team and we'd be on the ledge ready to jump. Have to do better.

TambaBerry
02-05-2014, 08:31 PM
It's kind of sad I'm excited about this class. It's the #55 best class per Rivals, but that isn't bad for Kansas. Any other team and we'd be on the ledge ready to jump. Have to do better.

You also have to remember that the way they rank teams is by points per recruit. Tennessee has a good class but they also have 37 players getting their points higher then a team with only 20 players.

Bambi
02-05-2014, 08:49 PM

I was listening to the recruiting guys most of the day. In reality there is very little difference between 25-55 when it comes to rankings.

Remember there are thousands of elite players that these schools are drawing from. Sure the top, top guys with the 5 stars propel the top 15 or so schools to another level but the point is that as long as you're not "bottoming-out" it's more about what you do with them once they get to campus as opposed to what they are ranked coming out of HS.

Braincase
02-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Looks like Weis' tenure coaching the WR's didn't last long...

LINK (http://www.kuathletics.com/news/2014/2/20/FB_0220143528.aspx)

LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas football head coach <dfn>Charlie Weis (http://www.kuathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=806)</dfn> added an accomplished, veteran coach to his staff Thursday, as he announced the hiring of Eric Kiesau to mentor the Jayhawk wide receivers.

Kiesau, who has more than 14 years of experience coaching offense—primarily the wide receiver position—at the Division I level, arrives at Kansas after spending the previous two seasons as the offensive coordinator at the University of Washington.

"When Coach (John) Reagan came to me with Eric's name I was intrigued," said Weis. "We're very pleased to be able to add him to our staff. It is our good fortune that Washington experienced a staff transition at the same time we were looking for a receivers coach. Eric has experienced a great deal of success in exactly the position that we were looking for."

Kiesau was an integral part of Washington's success the past two seasons as the Huskies went 9-4 in 2013, marking their highest wins total since they went 11-1 in 2000. During the 2013 season, his first as the UW receivers coach, Kiesau developed a pair of true freshmen who ended up as key players in Demore'ea Stringfellow and John Ross. Ross was named the Huskies' Freshman of the Year, while Stringfellow started the final three games of the season.

Lzen
02-21-2014, 09:23 AM
Looks like Weis' tenure coaching the WR's didn't last long...

LINK (http://www.kuathletics.com/news/2014/2/20/FB_0220143528.aspx)

LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas football head coach <dfn>Charlie Weis (http://www.kuathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=806)</dfn> added an accomplished, veteran coach to his staff Thursday, as he announced the hiring of Eric Kiesau to mentor the Jayhawk wide receivers.

Kiesau, who has more than 14 years of experience coaching offense—primarily the wide receiver position—at the Division I level, arrives at Kansas after spending the previous two seasons as the offensive coordinator at the University of Washington.

"When Coach (John) Reagan came to me with Eric's name I was intrigued," said Weis. "We're very pleased to be able to add him to our staff. It is our good fortune that Washington experienced a staff transition at the same time we were looking for a receivers coach. Eric has experienced a great deal of success in exactly the position that we were looking for."

Kiesau was an integral part of Washington's success the past two seasons as the Huskies went 9-4 in 2013, marking their highest wins total since they went 11-1 in 2000. During the 2013 season, his first as the UW receivers coach, Kiesau developed a pair of true freshmen who ended up as key players in Demore'ea Stringfellow and John Ross. Ross was named the Huskies' Freshman of the Year, while Stringfellow started the final three games of the season.

Nice!

ArrowheadHawk
02-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Awesome

Prison Bitch
02-21-2014, 12:05 PM
I was listening to the recruiting guys most of the day. In reality there is very little difference between 25-55 when it comes to rankings. .

Just like there's been no difference between Gill's 5-19 record and Chunky Charlie's 4-20.

Braincase
02-21-2014, 01:00 PM
Just like there's been no difference between Gill's 5-19 record and Chunky Charlie's 4-20.

Except one got better over two years, one got worse.

Braincase
02-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Add another coach w/ NFL experience. Good or bad? You judge.

LINK (http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/feb/24/bernie-parmalee-added-ku-football-staff/)

Bernie Parmalee added to KU football staff

The Kansas University football program's overhaul of its coaching staff continued Monday, when KU coach Charlie Weis announced the addition of Bernie Parmalee to the staff as a quality control coach for special teams.

Parmalee, a former NFL running back and the father of current KU wide receiver Tre' Parmalee, worked under Weis at Notre Dame from 2005-09 and most recently served as the tight ends coach with the Kansas City Chiefs from 2010-12, working one season under Weis, who served as KC's offensive coordinator in 2010.

"I am very happy to add Bernie to our staff," Weis said in a press release. "He worked with me for six years and did a great job. I'm sure he will be a valuable asset to our program."

Although Parmalee will work closely with KU's special teams and bring vast knowledge of the unit to the program, the Jayhawks are expected to maintain a similar set-up to the one they had last season, when many of Weis' nine full-time assistant coaches are in charge of a particular area of the special teams in addition to their roles with their positions.

Before working at Notre Dame, Parmalee, who enjoyed a nine-year NFL career with Miami and the New York Jets, spent three seasons as an assistant coach with the Miami Dolphins, serving as the tight ends coach (2004), the assistant special teams coach/offensive assistant (2003) and assistant special teams coach (2002).

In other staff news Monday, Weis announced that graduate assistant Kaeman Mitchell (son of KU assistant coach Reggie Mitchell) will shift from working with the Jayhawk special teams to the offensive side of the ball. Mitchell will replace former KU letterwinner, Kale Pick, who recently left his graduate assistant position at Kansas for a similar role at Texas A&M.

The addition of Parmalee is the third major change to the coaching staff this offseason. In December, Weis hired John Reagan to be his offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. Reagan, a former KU assistant under Mark Mangino, was brought on board to replace Tim Grunhard, who stepped down as O-Line coach after the 2013 season.

Last week, Weis announced the addition of former Washington offensive coordinator Eric Kiesau as the program's wide receivers coach. Kiesau, who has experience at Cal, Colorado and Washington, among other stops, takes over for Rob Ianello, who was reassigned to an administrative role.

The Jayhawks, new coaches and all, will open spring practices on March 4. Spring drills will wrap up with the annual spring game, which has been set for 1 p.m. on April 12.

Mr. Laz
02-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Weis adding so many coaches that he can just be a recruiting figurehead?

Bambi
03-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Weis in trouble?

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/kzeblyirvnck5iyufpcg.jpg

ArrowheadHawk
03-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Weis in trouble?

Yeah right. He would need his head examined to coach KU at this point in his career.

Reerun_KC
03-07-2014, 10:58 PM

You can never fix stupid... Marcus Smart adores you.

ArrowheadHawk
04-03-2014, 04:11 PM
So when do we get to hear about the stadium upgrades?

ArrowheadHawk
04-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Kansas gets a new kicker.

http://www.kohlsnews.com/news/john-duvic-putting-together-historical-season

RustShack
04-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Weis in trouble?

Ugh. When Iowa State hired Gene Chizik our final three were Harbaugh, Brian Kelly, and Chizik. I can't believe Harbaugh and Kelly both wanted the job(so did Paul Rhoads but he didn't make the cut the first time) and we went with Chizik.

But at the time those other two hadn't done anything yet, and Gene was reguarded as the hottest commodity at the time.

Buehler445
04-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Ugh. When Iowa State hired Gene Chizik our final three were Harbaugh, Brian Kelly, and Chizik. I can't believe Harbaugh and Kelly both wanted the job(so did Paul Rhoads but he didn't make the cut the first time) and we went with Chizik.

But at the time those other two hadn't done anything yet, and Gene was reguarded as the hottest commodity at the time.

ROFL ouch

Prison Bitch
04-06-2014, 10:07 AM

Because it's not believable. Are you literally a retard? Chizik and Harbaugh were both hired in winter of 2006. Chizik went to that dead end job while Harbaugh went to Stanford. Anyone who believed he wanted to go to Ames instead of Palo Alto is a completely idiotic retard who shouldn't be wasting the earth's precious oxygen by breathing it.

RustShack
04-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Because it's not believable. Are you literally a retard? Chizik and Harbaugh were both hired in winter of 2006. Chizik went to that dead end job while Harbaugh went to Stanford. Anyone who believed he wanted to go to Ames instead of Palo Alto is a completely idiotic retard who shouldn't be wasting the earth's precious oxygen by breathing it.

Well it's true, sorry that it for some reason bothers you?

Prison Bitch
04-06-2014, 11:12 AM
It's not true. Nobody on the planet would prefer Ames to Palo Alto, especially a guy already living in California. After Stanford, he picked the 49er job if you needed anymore proof of where he likes to be.

Bambi
04-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Getting closer

http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2014/04/09/rock_chalk_track_t960.jpg?b8ea04f16efcb7dc07c41fa674167d6870b19a92

http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2014/04/08/sports_park_01_horizontal_t960.jpg?b8ea04f16efcb7dc07c41fa674167d6870b19a92

Lzen
04-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Getting closer to what? Is that the new facility? And if so, how long until they take out the track at Memorial Stadium?

Lzen
04-09-2014, 12:46 PM
And I see that Rusty can't keep from poking his nose in KU threads. Even when it's a football thread. :facepalm:

Bambi
04-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Getting closer to what? Is that the new facility? And if so, how long until they take out the track at Memorial Stadium?

Yes, it's the new facility. There will be no track activities at Memorial Stadium once complete. The track has been a historic feature of Lawrence for decades.

Once this is complete there will be no need for it.

Lzen
04-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Yes, it's the new facility. There will be no track activities at Memorial Stadium once complete. The track has been a historic feature of Lawrence for decades.

Once this is complete there will be no need for it.

I want the track removed from Memorial Stadium.

Bambi
04-09-2014, 12:55 PM
I want the track removed from Memorial Stadium.

yep. The House that Briles Built is coming.

http://photos.mycapture.com/WCOT/1784083/51162483E.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk
04-09-2014, 01:40 PM
Future Memorial Stadium = Current Ross-Ade Stadium

Lzen
04-09-2014, 02:29 PM
yep. The House that Briles Built is coming.

http://photos.mycapture.com/WCOT/1784083/51162483E.jpg

Is that Baylor's new stadium?

Lzen
04-09-2014, 02:31 PM

I had to look up that stadium. Purdue's stadium looks alright. If they do that to KU's Memorial Stadium I would be ok with it. :thumb:

Bambi
04-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Is that Baylor's new stadium?

yes

ArrowheadHawk
04-12-2014, 12:53 PM
White team is beating the blue in the spring game at half. Blue has the better players. KU can't even beat their own second squad. Smh!

chiefsfan987
04-12-2014, 01:00 PM

That place looks like a dump to me. Hope that's not the route they go.

ArrowheadHawk
04-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Bourbon and Miller are looking good at RB. Cozart playing well also, could be the future.

ArrowheadHawk
04-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Ok, Screw Jake Heaps. I want to see Cozart starting. He just ran outside and was outrunning people for 50+ yards.

TribalElder
04-12-2014, 06:05 PM
will charlie be around after this year?

Mr_Tomahawk
04-12-2014, 06:26 PM
That place looks like a dump to me. Hope that's not the route they go.

Agreed.

But unless they are planning on tearing down and rebuilding, expect the, to go this route.

Titty Meat
04-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Does this count as a conference win?

Pasta Little Brioni
04-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Does this count as a conference win?

Sounds like they lost to the backups and are 0 and 1 ROFL

Braincase
04-13-2014, 09:17 AM

How are things at Mizzou? Anything newsworthy going on there?

Mr_Tomahawk
04-13-2014, 09:19 AM

Didn't know you were a follower of KU football...welcome aboard friend.

Braincase
04-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Didn't know you were a follower of KU football...welcome aboard friend.

Easier to come over to the KU thread and try to make fun rather than continue reading about the dumpster fire in Columbia these days.

Mr. Plow
04-13-2014, 09:34 AM
PGM has been really pissy lately.

Buehler445
04-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Easier to come over to the KU thread and try to make fun rather than continue reading about the dumpster fire in Columbia these days.

Readers digest version of what's going on? I'm not reading that thread.

Ceej
04-13-2014, 10:05 AM
PGM has been really pissy lately.

He used to be okay. Now, he's just flat out annoying.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 11:38 AM

I'll ease up as a respect a few of ya

Mr. Plow
04-13-2014, 11:45 AM
I'll ease up as a respect a few of ya

That realignment thread is poison.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 11:49 AM
That realignment thread is poison.

I actually have it hidden. Have made my last post in that cesspool. It's worse than DC.

Braincase
04-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Readers digest version of what's going on? I'm not reading that thread.

Rape/Suicide/Coverup (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602907/University-Missouri-failed-follow-rules-following-swimmers-suicide-16-months-alleged-raped-football-players.html)

Damn Good Bud, greatest wide receiver EVAR, dismissed from team (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2014/04/11/missouri-tigers-college-football-wr-dorial-green-beckham-dismiss/7606173/)

Mizzou basketball player dismissed after multiple arrests (http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2014-04-10/missouri-tigers-zach-price-arrested-dismissed-frank-haith)

Buehler445
04-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Rape, Suicide and then covering up? Christ. That's almost Baylor level serious-shit.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 12:35 PM
Rape, Suicide and then covering up? Christ. That's almost Baylor level serious-shit.

Brain is also trying to go full Wickedson.

Braincase
04-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Brain is also trying to go full Wickedson.

Yeah... there's no real problem. I exaggerated. Or did I?

Just ignore it, it'll go away. (http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/04/11/review-u-missouri-failed-to-follow-title-ix-in-suicide-swimmer-who-alleged-sex/)

TribalElder
04-13-2014, 01:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/scYOsEZ.jpg

ku football season in the background

Mr_Tomahawk
04-13-2014, 01:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/scYOsEZ.jpg

ku football season in the background

You mean MU athletics?

Braincase
04-13-2014, 01:10 PM
You mean MU athletics?

Y'know, KU football has it's problems. But if you're going to come into this thread and hang some crap on us, better be ready for a little push back.

Bambi
04-13-2014, 03:58 PM

PGM is a worthless troll.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Aldon Smith adding to the MU saga, again.

Bambi
04-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Aldon Smith adding to the MU saga, again.

MU is nothing but trash. There's literally nothing to like about them.

SEC must love the addition they've made. lol

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 04:46 PM
....yet the recruits are rolling in. Dipshits.

Bambi
04-13-2014, 04:48 PM

look at your recruits. Pushing females downstairs and raping white women.

Standup place you got over there.

-King-
04-13-2014, 04:48 PM
MU is nothing but trash. There's literally nothing to like about them.

SEC must love the addition they've made. lol

Why wouldn't they? The two teams they added were among the best teams in the conference.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 04:50 PM
When the highlight of your football season is a former conference members off field issues...well that is sad and pathetic at the same time. Losing in a spring game is just gold.

I know these things get swept under the rug at certain places....

greatgooglymoogly
04-13-2014, 04:50 PM
The Hawks should get to four wins (SEMO, Central Michigan, Iowa St, TCU - all at home) and possibly win one of WVU or OK State. I don't see a sixth as of now. The road schedule is brutal.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 04:51 PM
I tried c jizzles lol

Bambi
04-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Why wouldn't they? The two teams they added were among the best teams in the conference.

Best how? mu never played the good teams in the West and then got their shit pushed in by Auburn.

You could here the laughter coming from the SEC offices from halfway across the country.

Bambi
04-13-2014, 04:53 PM
The Hawks should get to four wins (SEMO, Central Michigan, Iowa St, TCU - all at home) and possibly win one of WVU or OK State. I don't see a sixth as of now. The road schedule is brutal.

When you play a full round robin it's very difficult. Maybe KU should look at joining a league where they can avoid playing the three best teams in the conference once in a while.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 04:53 PM
What is Oklahoma St. then???

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 04:54 PM
Yeah like a team that avoided bevo OU one year dumbass ROFL

TribalElder
04-13-2014, 04:55 PM

Iowa state is gonna beast rape the jay crows

Mangino is the offensive coordinator

Look for the clones to hang a 50 burger on em

-King-
04-13-2014, 04:55 PM
Best how? mu never played the good teams in the West and then got their shit pushed in by Auburn.

You could here the laughter coming from the SEC offices from halfway across the country.

Yeah, two SEC teams played each other in a game where the winner got to go to the national championship. Yeah, I'm sure the people in the SEC office are really laughing at Mizzou for being one of those teams.

If people at the SEC offices are laughing at Mizzou football, what do the people in the Big 12 offices do about KU "football"?

greatgooglymoogly
04-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Iowa state is gonna beast rape the jay crows

Mangino is the offensive coordinator

Look for the clones to hang a 50 burger on em

It took Mangino five years to get KU rolling. I honestly think half the teams in the Missouri Valley could beat Iowa State this year. I think they're the worst team in the BCS conferences right now.

Braincase
04-13-2014, 05:03 PM
Yeah like a team that avoided bevo OU one year dumbass ROFL

Said the guy in the conference that gets to avoid powerhouse teams from the SEC West.

Bowser
04-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Said the guy in the conference that gets to avoid powerhouse teams from the SEC West.

Exactly. How dare Missouri not schedule the tougher teams! Pussies!

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 05:05 PM

The East is still the 2nd best conference in America. ..ask OSU

TWO top 5 teams is a weak division and a top 10 So. Carolina team to boot? Incredible logic.

Bambi
04-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Yeah, two SEC teams played each other in a game where the winner got to go to the national championship. Yeah, I'm sure the people in the SEC office are really laughing at Mizzou for being one of those teams.

If people at the SEC offices are laughing at Mizzou football, what do the people in the Big 12 offices do about KU "football"?

KU brought the league a BCS bowl victory which in college football are the only bowls that matter.

MU has never brought anything close to that. MU is just fodder for the SEC.

Bambi
04-13-2014, 05:19 PM

We saw what happened when MU had to play a legit team last year. What was it? 700 yards rushing?

Braincase
04-13-2014, 05:50 PM
The East is still the 2nd best conference in America. ..ask OSU

TWO top 5 teams is a weak division and a top 10 So. Carolina team to boot? Incredible logic.

Save it for the Mizzou thread. No disciples here.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-13-2014, 06:04 PM

It's okay.

I'd be mad, too.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Save it for the Mizzou thread. No disciples here.

Defeat noted

Braincase
04-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Defeat noted

Fuck you. I don't go acting all douchebag in the Mizzou threads. You came here.

Go fuck yourself in the ass with a broken beer bottle, and come back when Mizzou has won a national championship in something we've heard of.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 06:19 PM
ROFL

Bambi
04-13-2014, 06:21 PM
**** you. I don't go acting all douchebag in the Mizzou threads. You came here.

Go **** yourself in the ass with a broken beer bottle, and come back when Mizzou has won a national championship in something we've heard of.

Why do you bother with that piece of shit? No one posts in the mu threads cause the teams all suck.

He comes here because of mu obsession. Just go look at tiger board.

We go to sleep with clear minds. PGM goes to sleep thinking about KU. KU lives in his head.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 06:24 PM
Considering your posts in the other thread this makes u look even dumber. Given the post Hamas just made I don't blame u for tucking the tail between your legs and retreating. You realize if u wouldn't pull that crap I wouldn't be here do u? That's why your own fans hate you.

TambaBerry
04-13-2014, 06:29 PM
God dammit stop replying to PGM the guy is a worthless piece of shit. Atleast KUs troll prisonbitch actually makes coherent discussions, this PGM guy is just an idiot.

Bambi
04-13-2014, 06:30 PM
God dammit stop replying to PGM the guy is a worthless piece of shit. Atleast KUs troll prisonbitch actually makes coherent discussions, this PGM guy is just an idiot.

He's posted here for 2 years and not one constructive post. It's almost impressive.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-13-2014, 06:35 PM

I had stopped, so thank your buddy for shitting up the other thread. I will hide this one as well, but only for the good guys like Jizzles and Plow. I have no idea who you are dude sorry.

Buehler445
04-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Fuck you. I don't go acting all douchebag in the Mizzou threads. You came here.

Go fuck yourself in the ass with a broken beer bottle, and come back when Mizzou has won a national championship in something we've heard of.

This message is hidden because PGM is on your ignore list.

Bambi, keep that shit in the conference reallignment thread.

Bambi
04-13-2014, 08:41 PM
This message is hidden because PGM is on your ignore list.

Bambi, keep that shit in the conference reallignment thread.

Same moron starts shit every time. He then cries that others on the KU side are the ones trolling. It's like dealing with a 12 year old. PGM is like Saul Good but he's not smart.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=10558539&postcount=172

Braincase
04-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Here's something for the KU Football haters to enjoy.

Link (http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79870429/)

RIP Chris Banks

kcchiefsus
04-13-2014, 09:35 PM
KU brought the league a BCS bowl victory which in college football are the only bowls that matter.

MU has never brought anything close to that. MU is just fodder for the SEC.

Which was a season in which the only good Big 12 team KU played was Missouri and we pushed your shit in. But you give us crap for not playing the SEC West teams. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Fansy the Famous Bard
04-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Which was a season in which the only good Big 12 team KU played was Missouri and we pushed your shit in. But you give us crap for not playing the SEC West teams. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Butt still hurting... :deevee:

Braincase
04-14-2014, 05:16 AM

And here I was thinking, " I wonder who the next douchenozzle will wander into a KU thread and fire up his manure spreader".

Should've seen this one coming from miles away.

Lzen
04-14-2014, 09:40 AM

What was the final point differential? 6 or 8 points? Yeah, hardly a whooping. Try again.

FishingRod
04-14-2014, 09:48 AM
I really haven’t been paying any ateention to the team, so is there any reason to think we will be at least compeditive this year? Meaning not come in last place in the Big 12?

Lzen
04-14-2014, 10:49 AM
I really haven’t been paying any ateention to the team, so is there any reason to think we will be at least compeditive this year? Meaning not come in last place in the Big 12?

Short answer, yes. I think Reagan should be a big help. And obviously the QB position has not been good for the past 4 or 5 seasons. Need to see some improvement there. I wonder if what's his name has improved his throwing. He was pretty good last year late in the season at running the read option. Also, recruiting seems to be improving.

Obviously, there are reasons to be skeptical, as well. Personally, I'm viewing this season with guarded optimism. I feel the offseason changes have been good moves and should make an impact. But Weis is in his 3rd year. There is no reason why this team shouldn't win 6 games. Anything less is unacceptable, IMO.

FishingRod
04-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Short answer, yes. I think Reagan should be a big help. And obviously the QB position has not been good for the past 4 or 5 seasons. Need to see some improvement there. I wonder if what's his name has improved his throwing. He was pretty good last year late in the season at running the read option. Also, recruiting seems to be improving.

Obviously, there are reasons to be skeptical, as well. Personally, I'm viewing this season with guarded optimism. I feel the offseason changes have been good moves and should make an impact. But Weis is in his 3rd year. There is no reason why this team shouldn't win 6 games. Anything less is unacceptable, IMO.

I had this idea of Weise, that he had a good ability to evacuate and coach up QBs but, the results have not matched up very well thus far. Hopefully we will see something different this year. Frankly the expectations for the Football program are very modest but we haven’t even met those since they ran the last mean fat guy out of town.

Al Czervik
04-14-2014, 11:43 AM

LOL....
Ah....getting your shit pushed in????
Take a gander....Let me know if this qualifies as "getting
your shit pushed in"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RihiDH4xWwI

fuktard

ChiTown
04-14-2014, 11:50 AM

Just curious, and not saying you are completely wrong, but where do your 6 wins come from? Playing at Duke is a loss. That's still a damn good team that returns a lot from 2013. You play 5 Roadies in the B12 including, @WVU, @TT, @BU, @ OU and @ K-State. I don't see a win there, except for maybe WVU. That said, WVU is a 50-50 game, best case. Your B12 road record is awful. You play UT, OSU, ISU and TCU at home. ISU is vulnerable and so is TCU. There's 2 wins there, along with SEMO and probably Central Michigan (who is no slouch). That's 4, maybe 5 wins. You don't think 6 wins is asking for a bit much given the current state of the Program?

Mr_Tomahawk
04-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Cozart named starting QB.

This is great news....IMO.

ArrowheadHawk
04-17-2014, 09:38 PM
Good. Hopefully Jake only plays if he gets injured. No more two quarterback rotation.

RustShack
04-17-2014, 10:12 PM
It took Mangino five years to get KU rolling. I honestly think half the teams in the Missouri Valley could beat Iowa State this year. I think they're the worst team in the BCS conferences right now.

Lol you're going to be in for a big surprise then. We aren't a playoff team by any means, but bowl eligibility should be a reachable goal.

We took a step back last year after a senior heavy team the year before. The offensive coaching staff didn't deserve to coach at this level(for the most part), and on top of bad coaching there wasn't much experience. Then to top it off big time injury bug.

Mangino has a hell of a lot potential to play with, especially at WR and RB. Nice prospects at OL and QB too. I think we will be in good shape.

Pants
04-17-2014, 10:31 PM
What's with MU pollution in this thread?

Do any KU fans even post in the MU thread? I hope not. Seriously stopped caring about that abortion of an athletic department since it left for the SEC.

TribalElder
04-18-2014, 05:28 AM

Saw that on the news. Probably the best option possible and only a sophomore. Should have a solid run

RockChalk
04-18-2014, 09:08 AM
Lol you're going to be in for a big surprise then. We aren't a playoff team by any means, but bowl eligibility should be a reachable goal.

We took a step back last year after a senior heavy team the year before. The offensive coaching staff didn't deserve to coach at this level(for the most part), and on top of bad coaching there wasn't much experience. Then to top it off big time injury bug.

Mangino has a hell of a lot potential to play with, especially at WR and RB. Nice prospects at OL and QB too. I think we will be in good shape.

You are the homer to end all homers, man. Your hoops or football team could be wiped out in a plane crash and you'd pop into this thread to let us know that you have an entire campus full of athletes who were just waiting for their chance.

Lzen
04-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Just curious, and not saying you are completely wrong, but where do your 6 wins come from? Playing at Duke is a loss. That's still a damn good team that returns a lot from 2013. You play 5 Roadies in the B12 including, @WVU, @TT, @BU, @ OU and @ K-State. I don't see a win there, except for maybe WVU. That said, WVU is a 50-50 game, best case. Your B12 road record is awful. You play UT, OSU, ISU and TCU at home. ISU is vulnerable and so is TCU. There's 2 wins there, along with SEMO and probably Central Michigan (who is no slouch). That's 4, maybe 5 wins. You don't think 6 wins is asking for a bit much given the current state of the Program?

Hell, the 2012 team nearly beat Texas and OSU at home. There is no reason to assume those are losses. Not saying it will happen but I think there should be some accountability if it doesn't.

Lzen
04-18-2014, 10:14 AM

I thought that would be the case with the HC's comments the other day.

RustShack
04-18-2014, 10:50 AM
You are the homer to end all homers, man. Your hoops or football team could be wiped out in a plane crash and you'd pop into this thread to let us know that you have an entire campus full of athletes who were just waiting for their chance.

You're calling me a homer for saying 6 wins is a reachable goal?

I could see if I was saying we WILL win 8 or 9 games, but a shot at 6? Come on your standards aren't that bad now are they?

Guys close to the program thought last years team was arguably the most talented team ever to play in Ames from a raw athletic ability standpoint. Not crazy to think better coaching can get a team with some experience to build on now 6 wins. 49ers a few years ago and Chiefs last year seen what coaching changes can do for talented teams.

Bambi
04-18-2014, 12:04 PM
my way to early prediction on the season:

Sat, Sept. 6 SE Missouri State at Kansas W
Sat, Sept. 13 Kansas at Duke L
Sat, Sept. 20 Central Michigan at Kansas W
Sat, Sept. 27 Texas at Kansas Memorial Stadium W
Sat, Oct. 4 Kansas at West Virginia L
Sat, Oct. 11 Okla. St. at Kansas L
Sat, Oct. 18 Kansas at TTX L
Sat, Nov. 1 Kansas at Baylor L
Sat, Nov. 8 Iowa State at Kansas W
Sat, Nov. 15 TCU at Kansas W
Sat, Nov. 22 Kansas at Oklahoma L
Sat, Nov. 29 Kansas at Kansas StateS L

RustShack
04-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Yeah I wouldn't project Iowa State as a win if I were you.

TLO
04-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Oh Rusty. LMAO

kcchiefsus
04-19-2014, 11:04 PM
my way to early prediction on the season:

Sat, Sept. 6 SE Missouri State at Kansas W
Sat, Sept. 13 Kansas at Duke L
Sat, Sept. 20 Central Michigan at Kansas W
Sat, Sept. 27 Texas at Kansas Memorial Stadium W
Sat, Oct. 4 Kansas at West Virginia L
Sat, Oct. 11 Okla. St. at Kansas L
Sat, Oct. 18 Kansas at TTX L
Sat, Nov. 1 Kansas at Baylor L
Sat, Nov. 8 Iowa State at Kansas W
Sat, Nov. 15 TCU at Kansas W
Sat, Nov. 22 Kansas at Oklahoma L
Sat, Nov. 29 Kansas at Kansas StateS L

LMAO

ChiTown
04-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Yeah I wouldn't project Iowa State as a win if I were you.

ISU will struggle to find 4 wins this upcoming season. They are going to be bad.

Aug. 30, 2014 NO DAKOTA ST - W (That was being generous)
Sept. 6, 2014 Kansas State - L
Sept. 13, 2014 at Iowa - L
Sept. 27, 2014 Baylor - L
Oct. 4, 2014 at OK State - L
Oct. 11, 2014 Toledo - W
Oct. 18, 2014 at Texas - L
Nov. 1, 2014 Oklahoma -L
Nov. 8, 2014 at Kansas - L
Nov. 22, 2014 Texas Tech - L
Nov. 29, 2014 West Virginia - W
Dec. 6, 2014 at TCU - L

silver5liter
04-21-2014, 08:52 AM
ISU will struggle to find 4 wins this upcoming season. They are going to be bad.

Oct. 11, 2014 Toledo - W
Nov. 1, 2014 Oklahoma -L
Dec. 6, 2014 at TCU - L

Oh leave the guy alone, with the retirement of the timberwolves coach he may lose his bball coach as well.

kcchiefsus
04-21-2014, 09:03 AM

Oct. 11, 2014 Toledo - W
Nov. 1, 2014 Oklahoma -L
Dec. 6, 2014 at TCU - L

They're in the same boat as Kansas. Let's not forget how bad the Kansas program is.

Bambi
04-21-2014, 11:30 AM
LMAO

I'm confused on what is so funny about my prediction.

I'm not exactly giving KU the world here.

Then again if they could play a season where they got to avoid the three best teams in the conference like MU did last year then perhaps I could give them a few more W's.

FishingRod
04-21-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm confused on what is so funny about my prediction.

I'm not exactly giving KU the world here.

Then again if they could play a season where they got to avoid the three best teams in the conference like MU did last year then perhaps I could give them a few more W's.

You have us beating TX. I’m going to be 49 this summer I don’t think we have beaten them in my lifetime. That might be a little optimistic for this year. I would say we would have a much better chance beating WV .

Braincase
04-21-2014, 11:58 AM
You have us beating TX. I’m going to be 49 this summer I don’t think we have beaten them in my lifetime. That might be a little optimistic for this year. I would say we would have a much better chance beating WV .

I don't see too many folks having a chance at beating Texas moving forward. Charlie Strong is going to change the culture at Texas into something that's going to slap every member of the Stoops family in the nads.