12-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Might as well get a tally.

So, who ya' got?

MahiMike
12-13-2013, 06:43 PM
I think it was proven last night.

mschiefs1984
12-13-2013, 06:46 PM
I would still say Bowe right now but Allen could very well be better in the long run.

mcaj22
12-13-2013, 06:51 PM
looking for the DaRick Rogers write in option

a pp roach
better at what?

Rain Man
better at what?

I went with cooking.

BWillie
12-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Allen is better, right now, tomorrow, and in the future. I still remember that thread saying Bowe is significantly better than Allen and that we are retards if we think Allen is better. Allen just meets the eye test, and he's young, physical, athletic. Only going to get better. Even if you pick Bowe over Allen RIGHT NOW, I'd still think you are crazy.

BlackHelicopters
12-13-2013, 07:30 PM
What about J Baldwin?

Mav
12-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Keenan Allen

RealSNR
12-13-2013, 08:19 PM
I still remember that thread saying Bowe is significantly better than Allen and that we are retards if we think Allen is better.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TIvxqUCu41Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mschiefs1984
12-13-2013, 08:33 PM
After looking at Allen's game logs I voted they are even. But Allen has the higher upside being a rookie he should get better. If I could make a trade for them I would

Deberg_1990
12-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Bowe is an elite blocker

Mr. Laz
12-13-2013, 09:04 PM
even now, advantage to Allen going forward

Allen has a chance to be the elite WR that people around here deluded themselves into thinking Bowe was.

beach tribe
12-13-2013, 09:17 PM
I think Bowe would be better wit Rivers.

O.city
12-13-2013, 10:36 PM
I think Bowe has the physical skills to be an elite player, but I'm not sure about the mentality.

Mav
12-13-2013, 10:53 PM
I think Bowe would be better wit Rivers.

How much better would Josh Gordon be with a great qb?

TinyEvel
12-14-2013, 12:43 AM
No Gaz?

(License plate says, SANS GAZ)

It was hard to take a clear pic of it while driving.

ThaVirus
12-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Some of you guys, man. I tell ya..

How quickly you forget and/or just don't take other factors into account. Of course, Keenan looks incredible. He's a great player and, even more importantly, he has a great QB throwing him the ball.

As it stands now, he has 930 yards on 63 catches with 7 TDs. Bowe ended his rookie campaign with just shy of 1,000 yards on 70 catches and 5 TDs. So, it's obvious that Allen's rookie campaign is better and since we've already seen Bowe's career, its easy to wonder how great Allen could possibly be in the future (we were doing the same with Bowe back in 07).

One thing you need to pay attention to, though, is the offense that Bowe played on his rookie season. Here are some team and individual stats courtesy of ESPN.com:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClayAd00.htm

We had Damon Huard and Brodie fucking Croyle splitting time at QB that season. I mean, come the fuck on, people! Does anyone here think a rookie Allen in 2007 on a 4-12 Chiefs team matches Bowe's production?

Our offense, as a whole, only threw for just over 3,000 yards and scored just 14 PPG! Plus, we averaged a grand total of 3.3 YPC with an old, injured Priest Holmes, a brokedick LJ, and Kolby fucking Smith. He was, outside of TG, our only weapon on offense, playing a position that a lot of people say takes three years to fully grasp, with some of the worst QB play this franchise has ever seen, on one of the worst offenses this franchise has ever put on the field, and still managed to put up a thousand yard season.

It could easily turn out that Allen is better than Bowe, but you guys really have to take all things into consideration. Bowe has produced a shit ton with less than almost any receiver in the league since he was drafted.

Mav
12-14-2013, 04:48 PM

How quickly you forget and/or just don't take other factors into account. Of course, Keenan looks incredible. He's a great player and, even more importantly, he has a great QB throwing him the ball.

As it stands now, he has 930 yards on 63 catches with 7 TDs. Bowe ended his rookie campaign with just shy of 1,000 yards on 70 catches and 5 TDs. So, it's obvious that Allen's rookie campaign is better and since we've already seen Bowe's career, its easy to wonder how great Allen could possibly be in the future (we were doing the same with Bowe back in 07).

One thing you need to pay attention to, though, is the offense that Bowe played on his rookie season. Here are some team and individual stats courtesy of ESPN.com:

We had Damon Huard and Brodie ****ing Croyle splitting time at QB that season. I mean, come the **** on, people! Does anyone here think a rookie Allen in 2007 on a 4-12 Chiefs team matches Bowe's production?

Our offense, as a whole, only threw for just over 3,000 yards and scored just 14 PPG! Plus, we averaged a grand total of 3.3 YPC with an old, injured Priest Holmes, a brokedick LJ, and Kolby ****ing Smith. He was, outside of TG, our only weapon on offense, playing a position that a lot of people say takes three years to fully grasp, with some of the worst QB play this franchise has ever seen, on one of the worst offenses this franchise has ever put on the field, and still managed to put up a thousand yard season.

It could easily turn out that Allen is better than Bowe, but you guys really have to take all things into consideration. Bowe has produced a shit ton with less than almost any receiver in the league since he was drafted.

Anquan Boldin, old and slow, has more yards.

Andre Johnson is putting up a monster year.

Cecil Shorts, Rod Streater, Kendall Wright, are all putting up better numbers than Bowe.

Now, I have been on record many times saying that I thought that Bowe is the most talented wr Alex Smith has ever played with.

He has not always shown that effort, or desire on PASSING PLAYS, (before the "hes a great run blocker." crowd comes pouring in) many times. There have been several instances where there have been situations where Bowe had a chance, and either ran a really crappy route, or didn't position himself correctly to make a play that he should of made.

Yes, Alex Smith has missed him, been late, blah blah blah.

It happens to every body.

Case Keenum has thrown several AWFUL balls that Andre Johnson has went and got.

The fact that people wont hold Bowe responsible for Bowe, is what pisses me off in particular.

Just like with Crabtree before he got himself into shape and started to act like a professional with Randy Moss as his mentor, I dogged the hell out of him as well.

Too much talent to be a mediocre receiver.

Bowe with his talent, body style, and run after the catch ability should be in the top 10 easily in almost every category.

He is gifted enough to FORCE Alex Smith to throw him the ball.

He hasn't done that.

That's on HIM.

Ace Gunner
12-14-2013, 05:11 PM

We had Damon Huard and Brodie ****ing Croyle splitting time at QB that season. I mean, come the **** on, people! Does anyone here think a rookie Allen in 2007 on a 4-12 Chiefs team matches Bowe's production?

Our offense, as a whole, only threw for just over 3,000 yards and scored just 14 PPG! Plus, we averaged a grand total of 3.3 YPC with an old, injured Priest Holmes, a brokedick LJ, and Kolby ****ing Smith. He was, outside of TG, our only weapon on offense, playing a position that a lot of people say takes three years to fully grasp, with some of the worst QB play this franchise has ever seen, on one of the worst offenses this franchise has ever put on the field, and still managed to put up a thousand yard season.

Allen looks good this year. better than Bowe.

Rivers looked like poo the last few years. It could be argued Rivers looks better because he has Allen.

Bowe's two biggest career games (this season at Denver & the 2010 season playoff game), he did nothing that would merit "great".

Bowe has produced, but what has he produced?

Bowe is a great garbage time WR, but when the big games come, he's pedestrian at best.

BlackHelicopters
12-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Bowe is the Sam Lacey of the NFL

Mr. Laz
12-14-2013, 05:20 PM
He is gifted enough to FORCE Alex Smith to throw him the ball.
.so then Avery and McCluster are good enough to FORCE Alex Smith to throw them the ball too?

:doh!:

Mav
12-14-2013, 05:30 PM
so then Avery and McCluster are good enough to FORCE Alex Smith to throw them the ball too?

:doh!:

Apparently. But. When Vernon really got going, Alex Smith locked onto him.