PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Your worst tasting beer

In58men
12-14-2013, 03:19 PM
I just had a Corona, first one in about 2 years. My god, this is straight piss. What an awful beer.

Bugeater
12-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Grain Belt. Bought a six pack of it once, drank half of one bottle and threw the rest away.

Reaper16
12-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Corona sounds right.

BlackHelicopters
12-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Weidemans

seclark
12-14-2013, 03:22 PM
cammo.
you puke before you drink it.
sec

cdcox
12-14-2013, 03:22 PM
I had a mole flavored beer that was probably well done, but just didn't appeal to me.

Scorp
12-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Guiness

Bearcat
12-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Anything with spiced hops.

Fairplay
12-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Guiness

How dare you and I'm offended

Ceej
12-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Coors Light.

ChiefRocka
12-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Coors Light.

Water has more flavor.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Steel Reserve.

SLAG gave me one at a tailgate and after a sip, I wanted to crush the nearly full can on his forehead.

KCUnited
12-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Simpler Times @ Trader Joes. $2.99 a sixer.

DaFace
12-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Natty Light was the piss beer of choice back in my college days. Haven't tasted it in a decade, though. About the worst I'll do is Coors Light anymore.

Fairplay
12-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Simpler Times @ Trader Joes. $2.99 a sixer.

practically giving it away.

Reaper16
12-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Anything with spiced hops.

I don't know what those are?

Bearcat
12-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Steel Reserve.

SLAG gave me one at a tailgate and after a sip, I wanted to crush the nearly full can on his forehead.

We had a beer exchange at work a few years ago and I basically traded a Schlafly Imperial Stout for Steele Reserve High Gravity. The beeradvocate reviews are pretty funny...

So many bad decisions stemmed from this beer, but like they say, what you did drunk is what you deeply wanted to do. So I deeply want to drink bad "high-gravity" beers.

Scent is of alcohol and maybe corn syrup. Taste is no different save for a piercing, nearly emetic metal something. What is this? No idea, but the FDA should look into it.

This is the sort of drink you choke down if you're looking to rub up against a warm body and don't want to remember.

lewdog
12-14-2013, 03:52 PM
6 pack, $1.99 in college. It was our beer pong beer for a week before going back to Keystone light and Natty Ice.

BOOTIE LIGHT

http://www.edgeboston.com/display/viewimage_story.php?id=38137

Fairplay
12-14-2013, 03:57 PM
We had a beer exchange at work a few years ago and I basically traded a Schlafly Imperial Stout for Steele Reserve High Gravity. The beeradvocate reviews are pretty funny...

You were taken for a fool and curb stomped on that deal.

Bugeater
12-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Guiness
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277664

DaFace
12-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Guiness

Really? That's odd.

Bearcat
12-14-2013, 04:02 PM
I don't know what those are?

Pretty much everything that mentions spice tastes the same to me, and IMO completely ruins beer... Delirium Tremens, Samuel Adams Thirteenth Hour Stout, Tank 7, to name a few. Maybe it's a specific kind of hop or whatever, but it's a pretty distinct overwhelming flavor (for my tastes, anyway).

LoneWolf
12-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Guiness Stout

DaFace
12-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Guiness Stout

OK, now I really have to know. What is your FAVORITE beer then?

(Just trying to figure it out, as I consider Guinness to be one of the most tame beers out there.)

Reaper16
12-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Pretty much everything that mentions spice tastes the same to me, and IMO completely ruins beer... Delirium Tremens, Samuel Adams Thirteenth Hour Stout, Tank 7, to name a few. Maybe it's a specific kind of hop or whatever, but it's a pretty distinct overwhelming flavor (for my tastes, anyway).

Oh, that makes sense. Spices. Those aren't hop flavors, they're like actual clove or nutmeg or anise or etc. being dumped in the boil.

Easy 6
12-14-2013, 04:07 PM
In spite of its reputation and cost, i will only drink a Heineken if its given to me... i do. not. like that skunky flavor at all.

And you can keep that filling basket of bread in a bottle Guiness as well.

ILChief
12-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Any Christmas/Holiday beer with cinnamon or nutmeg

Bugeater
12-14-2013, 04:09 PM
In spite of its reputation and cost, i will only drink a Heineken if its given to me... i do. not. like that skunky flavor at all.
I don't mind the taste of Heineken all that much, but god damn that stuff goes through me faster than Coors light. I practically have to stand at a urinal while drinking it.

Scorp
12-14-2013, 04:10 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277664

That is Guiness with a twist. Guiness by itself is god awful.

Bearcat
12-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Oh, that makes sense. Spices. Those aren't hop flavors, they're like actual clove or nutmeg or anise or etc. being dumped in the boil.

Gotcha... I see plenty of references to actual spices, and then other references that make it seem like they do something with the hops or maybe it's specific hops with a spicy flavor.... either way, I wish this specific spice was on every label, as it would save me a little money when trying new beer.

Fairplay
12-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Like Bearcat any beer or Liquer with the word spice in it I refuse to touch.

mazrim1978
12-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Tiger beer from Singapore

Reaper16
12-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Gotcha... I see plenty of references to actual spices, and then other references that make it seem like they do something with the hops or maybe it's specific hops with a spicy flavor.... either way, I wish this specific spice was on every label, as it would save me a little money when trying new beer.

There are a couple of hops that can come across as "spicy" but it sounds like you're referring to the brewers spices that so many Belgian beers utilize. But it also, perhaps more importantly, refers to the sorts of flavors that Belgian yeast strains give off. That peppery sort of flavor is a hallmark of Belgian yeast strains. I'd stay away from Belgian beers, for the most part.

durtyrute
12-14-2013, 04:20 PM
bud light

Easy 6
12-14-2013, 04:21 PM
I don't mind the taste of Heineken all that much, but god damn that stuff goes through me faster than Coors light. I practically have to stand at a urinal while drinking it.

LMAO the way i've been drinking lately it ALL flows right through me... i think my liver and bladder need a break.

At this rate i'm gonna have WC Fields nose by age 45.

In58men
12-14-2013, 04:31 PM
bud light

2nd worst tasting beer. I'd rather drink hoarse radish

notorious
12-14-2013, 04:32 PM
The Beast

ChiefRocka
12-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Guinness is kind of like scotch. You have to dedicate a few good sittings with it and it will grow on you like a happy fungus.

Bearcat
12-14-2013, 04:45 PM
There are a couple of hops that can come across as "spicy" but it sounds like you're referring to the brewers spices that so many Belgian beers utilize. But it also, perhaps more importantly, refers to the sorts of flavors that Belgian yeast strains give off. That peppery sort of flavor is a hallmark of Belgian yeast strains. I'd stay away from Belgian beers, for the most part.

Ah, thanks, that could very well be it... sometimes, like with the SA 13th Hour, I get tempted with promises of chocolate and oak, just to get spice.

Assholes.

PunkinDrublic
12-14-2013, 04:47 PM
A lot of people don't know this but brewing Corona consists of Mexicans drinking a budweiser and pissing into a bottle.

Reaper16
12-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Ah, thanks, that could very well be it... sometimes, like with the SA 13th Hour, I get tempted with promises of chocolate and oak, just to get spice.

Assholes.

It was your mention of 13th Hour that made me specify Belgian yeasts, actually. That stout is brewed with a Belgian yeast. (So is Boulevard's Dark Truth, in case you've never had that one).

Molitoth
12-14-2013, 04:48 PM
While at a tasting, I had someones Peppercorn Saison and it was terrible.
Worst part was it was $7 for a goblet.

GloryDayz
12-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Guiness

ROFL (But I repped you for trying to be funny)

http://livingwithmorgellons.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/kids-flip-off-th.jpg?w=200

GloryDayz
12-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Bud Light

GloryDayz
12-14-2013, 04:53 PM
And I'll add Chimay to the list. "Premiere" is what I had... I was told it be it would be so awesome, but I couldn't finish it.

PunkinDrublic
12-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Seriously I'm not going to shit on any type of beer. Especially because Alcohol has played apart in about 3/4 of my sexual conquests.

Bearcat
12-14-2013, 04:59 PM
It was your mention of 13th Hour that made me specify Belgian yeasts, actually. That stout is brewed with a Belgian yeast. (So is Boulevard's Dark Truth, in case you've never had that one).

Interesting, I like Dark Truth, even though I haven't had it in a few years. Wouldn't have guessed it was Belgian at all. Tank 7, 13th Hour, ZÔN (to a slightly lesser extent) all have that distinct smell and taste, and I know at least those 3 are Belgian style.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Miller lite is the worst. Keystone is close.

MOhillbilly
12-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Steel Reserve.

ROFL

ChiefRocka
12-14-2013, 05:05 PM
And I'll add Chimay to the list. "Premiere" is what I had... I was told it be it would be so awesome, but I couldn't finish it.

You're gonna shit on the Guiness guy and then say that one of the worlds best is the worst tasting beer. Child please.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-14-2013, 05:06 PM
The worst micro-ish beer I've had is Shiner Bohemian Black

jspchief
12-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Guiness

I know how unpopular this opinion is around here, and its probably not technically the "worst", but yeah.

I have some in my garage right now. Bought it for a recipe, tried to drink a bottle twice, and couldn't finish either.

I've tried. It seems to me I'd be the type of person that enjoys heavier/craft/micro/whatever beers. But I've yet to have one that made me think it could become something I enjoy.

LoneWolf
12-14-2013, 05:11 PM
OK, now I really have to know. What is your FAVORITE beer then?

(Just trying to figure it out, as I consider Guinness to be one of the most tame beers out there.)

Favorite beer for me is either Blue Moon or Landshark.

If I'm drinking heavily I'll normally just drink Bud Light.

MOhillbilly
12-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Beast, summer shandy, high life, blue moon, and cooks.

I've had pruno that was far superior to any of those products.

Fire Me Boy!
12-14-2013, 05:13 PM
I have yet to find a Belgian white I enjoy.

MTG#10
12-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Mother's Lil Helper. Most disgusting swill Ive ever had the displeasure of trying.

GloryDayz
12-14-2013, 05:20 PM
You're gonna shit on the Guiness guy and then say that one of the worlds best is the worst tasting beer. Child please.

I know, but I'll give Chimay another try if somebody else will risk having to finish it.

CrazyPhuD
12-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Any beer with an alcohol percentage less than 8%.

LiL stumppy
12-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Coors lt. Into good porters right now. Perks of being a bartender... sample good stuff

CrazyPhuD
12-14-2013, 05:23 PM
I've never understood why people call Guinness filling. The stuff is one of the lowest calorie beers around!

Reaper16
12-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Any beer with an alcohol percentage less than 8%.

Worst post of the thread. Even worse than suggesting Chimay red.

GloryDayz
12-14-2013, 05:27 PM
I've never understood why people call Guinness filling. The stuff is one of the lowest calorie beers around!

This... One of the best diet beers around... But the best tasting beer by far...

notorious
12-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Beast, summer shandy, high life, blue moon, and cooks.

I've had pruno that was far superior to any of those products.

You and I have the same tastes, it seems.

All of the listed beers are shit IMO

TribalElder
12-14-2013, 05:28 PM
It has been quite some time

But the worst I can recall was a fucking red stripe

http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/zzredstripe.jpg

That shit was just nasty

:shrug:

BigBeauford
12-14-2013, 05:30 PM

But the worst I can recall was a ****ing red stripe

http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/zzredstripe.jpg

That shit was just nasty

I enjoy Red Stripe occasionally. Like another said, Steel Reserve. It's like chewing on a handful of pennies.

notorious
12-14-2013, 05:31 PM
"Diet Beer"

The math doesn't add up when you put down a case of them. LMAO

Bwana
12-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Top five skunk beers.

5. Heineken - This swill tastes like someone dipped a skunks ass in the brewing process, beat it until it was done emptying it's scent glands and left it in the brewing process.

Who drinks this- frat boys and guys that shall well say, like the meat hammer.

4. Corona Light - I can live with regular Corona on a nice hot summer afternoon but Corona light, not only no but hell no! I have no idea what Julio and Filipe did to this beer but I would hazard a guess it has something to do donkey sweat.

Who drinks this- The locals across the border and daddy didn't pay enough attention to me anorexic chicks. Yeah just keep that sewage water over on your side of the border.

3. Mickey's Big Mouth - This stuff is Heineken's big brother in another green bottle. This piss water is so bad not even Heineken drinkers would touch this stuff. I don't care how buzzed you are, this stuff is undrinkable.

Who drinks this- Hookers, meth monkey's and people who have taste buds that are shot.

Tied for 1st - Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic - Oh man this stuff is bad, I mean REALLY REALLY bad. I ended up getting stuck with this in some variety 12 packs of Samuel Adams Christmas stock a few years ago. The first few sips are ok and then it hits you like a blind side shot from Dick Butkus. You're left with a bitter taste in your mouth that you can't shake. You couldn't get rid of this taste if you guzzled a bottle of Listerine. Sammy Cranberry sticks to your taste buds like a night of smoking 25 cent cigars. I have only seen one guy finish a bottle of this. (More on that next)

Who drinks this - I had two bottle's of this in the man cave for years, most people that came over knew the story on this spent caustic and wouldn't touch it. Then one day it happened, another guy and I were replacing an engine for a guy that happened to be a Raiders fan, nice enough guy but kind of strange. I offered him a beer and suggested the Sammy Cranberry, yeah he went for it. My buddy got this look on his face like no he won’t!! It took him about 15 minutes, but he finished it. My buddy that I was working with had to leave the shop he was laughing so hard. I offered him the other but he would have none of it. Other than Raiders fans about the only other walk of life I could see pounding this is a politician.

Tied for 1st - Lucky Lager - I'm not even sure they make this so called beer anymore. This stuff is as bad as it gets. Lucky also leaves a lingering 25 cent cigar taste in your mouth and will finish off any taste buds you have left. It's like they took what's left of the drained beer vat with nothing but the bottom scum left, combined it with stockyard drainage, mixed it with dirty river water and bottle it. Once you have had a Lucky Lager, you won't be back for a second round. Homeless alcoholics would turn this beer down.

Who drinks this - One summer when I was in college, I was working up in Cooke City, MT, a fly fishing guide by day and a bartender by night. There was this old boy in his 80's that would come in and drink that stuff like he was on a mission. He was the only one in town that would dare to indulge in the vile tasting swill of death. One night he asked me to join him for one. I opened up a bottle took a pull and damn near fell over. There was no way I could finish it. Other than crusty 80 year old mountain men about the only other entity I could seen drinking this would be PETA members.

phisherman
12-14-2013, 05:35 PM
This... One of the best diet beers around... But the best tasting beer by far...

You might want to try some other stouts, branch out man!

johnny961
12-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Old Milwaukee.

Pablo
12-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Beer 30.

In the purple case. A mistake you'll only make once.

AustinChief
12-14-2013, 05:50 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Xfqq1LxRIYg/Ui-F9KJnG2I/AAAAAAAAIlc/3lAovoaouwU/s1600/meisterbrau.jpg

worst. beer. ever.

GloryDayz
12-14-2013, 05:52 PM
"Diet Beer"

The math doesn't add up when you put down a case of them. LMAO

You say it like it's a bad thing....

GloryDayz
12-14-2013, 05:53 PM
You might want to try some other stouts, branch out man!

I've been known to branch out... To a fault man!!!!!!!!!

Strongside
12-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Miller Lite.

Easy 6
12-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Top five skunk beers.

5. Heineken - This swill tastes like someone dipped a skunks ass in the brewing process, beat it until it was done emptying it's scent glands and left it in the brewing process.

Who drinks this- frat boys and guys that shall well say, like the meat hammer.

4. Corona Light - I can live with regular Corona on a nice hot summer afternoon but Corona light, not only no but hell no! I have no idea what Julio and Filipe did to this beer but I would hazard a guess it has something to do donkey sweat.

Who drinks this- The locals across the border and daddy didn't pay enough attention to me anorexic chicks. Yeah just keep that sewage water over on your side of the border.

3. Mickey's Big Mouth - This stuff is Heineken's big brother in another green bottle. This piss water is so bad not even Heineken drinkers would touch this stuff. I don't care how buzzed you are, this stuff is undrinkable.

Who drinks this- Hookers, meth monkey's and people who have taste buds that are shot.

Who drinks Heineken? ROFLROFLROFL

I also loves me some regular Corona with lime on a hot summer day, they remind me of vacations in florida, hammered on the beach.

Mickeys, the white mans Colt 45/Olde English... lets get ****ed up just as fast as possible on the worst junk we can find, stings like a bee indeed.

kevonm
12-14-2013, 05:58 PM
Miller Lite

Cannot drink it. Although I cant remember the last time I had bud, miller, coors, keystone or natty. CoronA Is disgusting too

I agree that I dont care for most of the Chimay

kevonm
12-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Old Milwaukee.

I didnt think this was bad; compared to The Beast

ChiefRocka
12-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Worst post of the thread. Even worse than suggesting Chimay red.

Bat. Shit. Crazy.

Third Eye
12-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Interesting, I like Dark Truth, even though I haven't had it in a few years. Wouldn't have guessed it was Belgian at all. Tank 7, 13th Hour, ZÔN (to a slightly lesser extent) all have that distinct smell and taste, and I know at least those 3 are Belgian style.

Having not had 13th Hour, I can't be sure, but it may be coriander that you have an issue with. If so, I'm in the same boat.

KCFaninSEA
12-14-2013, 06:06 PM
I am surprised nobody has mentioned San Miguel. If you can get it down you will need to s**t soon after. I am another that also is not a fan of Guinness.

My favorite is a beer at The Rock pizza. It is called Suicide Blonde. If you haven't tried it I would recommend.

Easy 6
12-14-2013, 06:07 PM
My go to favorite may be considered humdrum, commercial fare, but i love Sam Adams regular... its rich and hearty, dark but not guinness dark and has plenty of good strong hops flavor.

Bwana
12-14-2013, 06:08 PM
This reminds me, I need to cover the other end of the spectrum and start brewing again.........soon.

Bwana
12-14-2013, 06:11 PM
My go to favorite may be considered humdrum, commercial fare, but i love Sam Adams regular... its rich and hearty, dark but not guinness dark and has plenty of good strong hops flavor.

I really like their winterfest.

Easy 6
12-14-2013, 06:14 PM
I really like their winterfest.

Hmm, i'll be giving that a shot soon.

Chieftain58
12-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Watching the hip people supposedly drinking the "so Called" (beer with flavor) makes me laugh.. gross! Also Heineken at the Casinos isn't half bad in Las Vegas but by the time it makes it's long journey and sits on the shelf's here in Kansas it tastes like ASS!

Reaper16
12-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Watching the hip people supposedly drinking the "so Called" (beer with flavor) makes me laugh.. gross!

I don't understand.

Reaper16
12-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Tied for 1st - Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic - Oh man this stuff is bad, I mean REALLY REALLY bad. I ended up getting stuck with this in some variety 12 packs of Samuel Adams Christmas stock a few years ago. The first few sips are ok and then it hits you like a blind side shot from Dick Butkus. You're left with a bitter taste in your mouth that you can't shake. You couldn't get rid of this taste if you guzzled a bottle of Listerine. Sammy Cranberry sticks to your taste buds like a night of smoking 25 cent cigars. I have only seen one guy finish a bottle of this. (More on that next)

Who drinks this - I had two bottle's of this in the man cave for years, most people that came over knew the story on this spent caustic and wouldn't touch it. Then one day it happened, another guy and I were replacing an engine for a guy that happened to be a Raiders fan, nice enough guy but kind of strange. I offered him a beer and suggested the Sammy Cranberry, yeah he went for it. My buddy got this look on his face like no he won’t!! It took him about 15 minutes, but he finished it. My buddy that I was working with had to leave the shop he was laughing so hard. I offered him the other but he would have none of it. Other than Raiders fans about the only other walk of life I could see pounding this is a politician.

That beer is offensive to me. It is not a lambic. It should not be called a lambic. And even if it were a real lambic, that beer is really, really, really bad.

gblowfish
12-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Lemp Beer.
And Schlitz.
I got sick on Schiltz the first time I drank beer. Still can't stand the smell of it.

Red Dawg
12-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Straight Bud is terrible.

MTG#10
12-14-2013, 06:45 PM
All Bud is terrible.

FYP

KCwolf
12-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Steel Reserve.

Winner

Fairplay
12-14-2013, 06:55 PM

But the worst I can recall was a ****ing red stripe

That shit was just nasty

A buddy of mine had that and enjoyed it, I was polite and drank a couple but meanwhile I was thinking blech.

Fairplay
12-14-2013, 06:57 PM

Sam Adams is one of my favorites, in KC it is kind of frowned upon as you should get Boulevard but I like to mix it up.

DaFace
12-14-2013, 06:59 PM
Straight Bud is terrible.

I beg to diff...

Oh. Beer. Right.

MahiMike
12-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Sam Adams

LoneWolf
12-14-2013, 07:24 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Xfqq1LxRIYg/Ui-F9KJnG2I/AAAAAAAAIlc/3lAovoaouwU/s1600/meisterbrau.jpg

worst. beer. ever.

That cannot be the worst beer ever. It says right on the can that is made by master brewers and is a master beer.

sd4chiefs
12-14-2013, 07:25 PM
I just had a Corona, first one in about 2 years. My god, this is straight piss. What an awful beer.

It taste a lot better when I pull a fresh lime off my lime tree and put a slice of it in the bottle.

arrowheadnation
12-14-2013, 07:39 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RDKxE60SpPQ/SqpeN3Zb4zI/AAAAAAAAA7k/NtRcrt6MEM4/s320/eddy.jpg <--Meister Brau

arrowheadnation
12-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Beck's has been the worst for me. The sixer I bought was so skunky that I had to pour all of them out.
http://www.gianteagle.com/ProductImages/PRODUCT_NODE_59/82488000086.jpg

ChiefRocka
12-14-2013, 08:03 PM
It taste a lot better when I pull a fresh lime off my lime tree and put a slice of it in the bottle.

One should not require to add ingredients to a well brewed beer but hey, whatever keeps the flies out.

MahiMike
12-14-2013, 08:07 PM
This thread should be in the" would you" thread.

Easy 6
12-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Sam Adams is one of my favorites, in KC it is kind of frowned upon as you should get Boulevard but I like to mix it up.

Oh yeah, Boulevard is right there in terms of quality, but i get a six of Sam for about a buck less.

Easy 6
12-14-2013, 08:11 PM
One should not require to add ingredients to a well brewed beer but hey, whatever keeps the flies out.

Makes sense on paper, but a fresh slice of lime in a Corona is MM MMM... makes ya wanna go fishin on a hot day down at Crackleberry Crick!

notorious
12-14-2013, 08:21 PM
I had a Fosters Bitter when I was 18 and thought I was going to puke.

It literally said "Bitter" on the label.

NWTF
12-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Any of the domestic light beers would qualify, same with malt liquor.

ChiefRocka
12-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Makes sense on paper, but a fresh slice of lime in a Corona is MM MMM... makes ya wanna go fishin on a hot day down at Crackleberry Crick!

Just grab a Negra Modelo next time!!

ChiefRocka
12-14-2013, 08:32 PM
I had a Fosters Bitter when I was 18 and thought I was going to puke.

It literally said "Bitter" on the label.

http://dogknobit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/bitter-beer.jpg

GloryDayz
12-14-2013, 08:53 PM
I must admit, Coors Light does put a lot into their ad campaigns.. And yeah, I drink it on occasion.

TinyEvel
12-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Heineken. For some reason just tastes skunky to me.

Easy 6
12-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Just grab a Negra Modelo next time!!

Not a thing wrong with that beer, i've ordered it a few times with my fajitas at the local mejican restaurant.

But theres still something about that fresh citrus in a Corona...

In58men
12-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Arrogant Bastard is rough

WhiteWhale
12-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Watching the hip people supposedly drinking the "so Called" (beer with flavor) makes me laugh.. gross! Also Heineken at the Casinos isn't half bad in Las Vegas but by the time it makes it's long journey and sits on the shelf's here in Kansas it tastes like ASS!

I don't get it.

You don't like beer that has flavor?

lcarus
12-14-2013, 09:24 PM

I'm a rare drinker of beer, and I've never had it, but I've only really heard good things about Sam Adams. My favorite beer is Boulevard Wheat though. I enjoy the Boulevard 80-Acre if I'm in the mood for a hoppy beer.

Boise_Chief
12-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Seadog bluepaw blueberry just recieved by mistake at yardhouse

beach tribe
12-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Miller light is just absolutely horrible to me for some reason.

My friends and brothers love the shit.
I cannot even drink it if its free, and would rather have natural light if I had to choose.

beach tribe
12-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Not a thing wrong with that beer, i've ordered it a few times with my fajitas at the local mejican restaurant.

But theres still something about that fresh citrus in a Corona...

Yup. Agree with your beer takes too.

a pp roach
12-14-2013, 09:33 PM
http://www.firstpourwine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Blue-Moon-Harvest-Pumpkin-Ale-2.jpg

i probably posted that already but it needed to be said again. had to have some beer in me before drinking that shit. that was the first beer that made me cautious about trying other beers.

GloryDayz
12-14-2013, 09:38 PM
http://www.firstpourwine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Blue-Moon-Harvest-Pumpkin-Ale-2.jpg

i probably posted that already but it needed to be said again. had to have some beer in me before drinking that shit. that was the first beer that made me cautious about trying other beers.

I must admit, I didn't like it either. But I like Blue Moon "regular"..

a pp roach
12-14-2013, 09:39 PM
I must admit, I didn't like it either. But I like Blue Moon "regular"..

same here. i bought the variety pack, which is the only reason i had that pumpkin beer experience. only flavor of the bunch i disliked.

GloucesterChief
12-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Red Stripe is pretty bad. Not a big fan of really hoppy beers either. I think IPAs are disgusting. I like the darker beers, love the malty and smokey taste.

patteeu
12-15-2013, 12:00 AM
The only chocolate beer I've tasted will probably be the last chocolate beer I ever taste. I don't remember the make, but it wasn't for me.

Brando
12-15-2013, 02:16 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/15/qu5e5e7y.jpg
Bought a sixer of this up in Madison a few months back. Only beer I've ever dumped.
It was like Dr. Robitussin finished in my mouth.

SLAG
12-15-2013, 02:27 AM
Steel Reserve.

I totally forgot about this!

Amazing.

Steel Reserve is shit but I was getting drunk on the cheap!

I've grown in my beer drinking ways I assure you :P

Stalker
12-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Blue moon, pint of piss with orange in it

stanleychief
12-15-2013, 03:03 AM
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Old-Vintage-Collectible-Quittin-Time-QT-Light-Premium-12oz-Beer-Can-/00/s/MTI4MFg5NjA=/z/Sy0AAOxy6~BR1DI7/$(KGrHqNHJ!8FHTkU0zfoBR1DI62l(Q~~60_35.JPG

Or...

http://40ouncebeer.com/extrapicts/generic.jpg

Or ...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3JjhGF2eKIA/TK4wBdOtSrI/AAAAAAAAAVE/DHFiPaBXmSs/s320/Hamms-can.jpg

Katipan
12-15-2013, 04:20 AM
The first beer I ever had was a Corona, the last beer I just had was Sam Adams. Love them both. Clearly I have no taste in beer.

R8RFAN
12-15-2013, 06:56 AM
worst beer I ever tasted was Shlitz Light

http://static.caloriecount.about.com/images/medium/schlitz-beer-light-premium-70191.jpg

Archie F. Swin
12-15-2013, 07:13 AM
http://beer.fishtownbriefcase.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/lone-star-new.jpg
:bolt:

KCUnited
12-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Arrogant Bastard is rough

This is an aggressive ale. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory–maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beverage will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make things taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this. - Stone Brewing Co.

R8RFAN
12-15-2013, 08:21 AM
This is an aggressive ale. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory–maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beverage will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make things taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this. - Stone Brewing Co.

I bet I would like it

Bwana
12-15-2013, 08:22 AM

If my top five list was a top six list this would have been number 6. That is some nasty vile swill.

KCUnited
12-15-2013, 08:33 AM
I bet I would like it

I've never swabbed out another man's asshole with my tongue, so I can't really compare it to what you're used to.

*raiders/chiefs gameday smack

crossbow
12-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Shlitz Light

ciaomichael
12-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Billy Beer

whoman69
12-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Jupiler, watered down piss from Belgium. I remember being in the club down at SHAPE where they brought us a tray of 20 glasses for some ungodly low price like $5. I took a pass.

They had another beer called Maes Pils which everyone called Ma's Piss.

whoman69
12-15-2013, 09:03 AM
http://www.cafe-pallieter.be/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/jupiler.jpg

tonyetony
12-15-2013, 09:08 AM
red stripe.....hate it

rageeumr
12-15-2013, 09:11 AM
http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Elsinore-Beer.jpg

Always tastes funky like there's something in it.

rageeumr
12-15-2013, 09:22 AM
My serious answer:

It's hard to beat some of the cheap ice beers for pure foulness (Keystone Ice, Beast Ice, etc).

And while they aren't the "worst", I have stopped buying Sam Adams beers to try. I'm a sampler, and I will quite often go into the liquor store intent on buying something I've never had before. I'd say I probably dislike more than 50% of the beers from the Boston Beer Co that I have tried. To contrast, I can't think of a single Boulevard or New Belgium brew that I've had to force myself to choke down.

Red Beans
12-15-2013, 09:24 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/n4fr6d.jpg

I couldn't drink it, nor could I give it away. The literal bottom of the barrel.

J Diddy
12-15-2013, 09:27 AM

I couldn't drink it, nor could I give it away. The literal bottom of the barrel.

I think the name should have given it away. It has a lot of similarities to the old jokes my friends and I used to have about generic, plain yellow cans that just said beer. When I hear Beer 30 and look at that box it just screams cheap and nasty.

PunkinDrublic
12-15-2013, 09:29 AM

A lot of hipsters in Texas drink lone star to avoid being to obvious with PBR.

J Diddy
12-15-2013, 09:32 AM
I can think of two that I wouldn't touch and I don't know if one is still around. First, High Gravity tastes like shit in a can with rubbing alcohol mixed in for color. The second is one I tried back in 1995 called Hillbilly beer. I was a broke ass and so was my friend. The liquor stores had them for $3 in bottles. We were in love with the idea of cheap bottles so we bought that swill, popped the top walking the two blocks home, and made it one. We, after two drinks a piece, dumped the remainder of the beer in a dumpster. If we thought we could have killed it with fire we would have.

Personally all domestic light beers taste like hell to me, too.

ChiefRocka
12-15-2013, 09:34 AM
A lot of hipsters in Texas drink lone star to avoid being to obvious with PBR.

Hipsters in Japan stopped having sex too. Just sayin'

R8RFAN
12-15-2013, 09:37 AM
My serious answer:

It's hard to beat some of the cheap ice beers for pure foulness (Keystone Ice, Beast Ice, etc).

And while they aren't the "worst", I have stopped buying Sam Adams beers to try. I'm a sampler, and I will quite often go into the liquor store intent on buying something I've never had before. I'd say I probably dislike more than 50% of the beers from the Boston Beer Co that I have tried. To contrast, I can't think of a single Boulevard or New Belgium brew that I've had to force myself to choke down.

Same here, I like lots of beers like Guiness, Newcastle, Hoppy beers that bite... I seem to gravitate towards dark ales the most....

Samual Adams beer does nothing for me but the bottles are great to recycle to make my home brew in.

dirk digler
12-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Definitely the Beast. I can't even stand to smell that shit. I am not of fan of Sam Adams or any dark beer either. Yuck

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2013, 10:27 AM
I totally forgot about this!

Amazing.

Steel Reserve is shit but I was getting drunk on the cheap!

I've grown in my beer drinking ways I assure you :P

Christ, I'd hope so.

From Steel Reserve, you can only go up.

LMAO

Unsmooth-Moment
12-15-2013, 10:37 AM

This. We used this for beer pong one time in college. It was dirt cheap, but we went back to Stones after.

Pablo
12-15-2013, 10:38 AM

I couldn't drink it, nor could I give it away. The literal bottom of the barrel.In college, I watched a very drunk buddy chug a Beer 30 Light.

From a warm cooler full of swamp water in the garage.

In September. The cooler was from St. Patty's day.

After slamming the beer and belching, somebody came in a few seconds later and asked if he had shit his pants.

To which he replied ever so eloquently " Nah dawg, that's just my breath".

Pablo
12-15-2013, 10:40 AM
This. We used this for beer pong one time in college. It was dirt cheap, but we went back to Stones after.We had Bud Dry 30 packs on sale at all of our local gas stations for $9.99 for most of my junior year in college.

I've drank a shit load of Bud Dry. And it's terrible.

R8RFAN
12-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Drink what you want... I am making this today

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/29524/6daf1b295230024.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/6daf1b295230024) http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29524/65b63f295230037.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/65b63f295230037)

Unsmooth-Moment
12-15-2013, 10:43 AM
We had Bud Dry 30 packs on sale at all of our local gas stations for $9.99 for most of my junior year in college.

I've drank a shit load of Bud Dry. And it's terrible.

A couple of years ago you could still get Hamm's for $9.99 in a 30 here in Springfield. Probably the cheapest I've seen beer around here the last few years.

suzzer99
12-15-2013, 10:44 AM
http://www.boulevard.com/wp-content/uploads/Brands/Brand_Bully_Porter.jpg

[3am convo]:
"Yo dude is there any beer left?"

"Just those two bully porters from the sample pack you bought a month ago."

"... yeah it's pretty late, I'm gonna take off."

Red Beans
12-15-2013, 10:45 AM
In college, I watched a very drunk buddy chug a Beer 30 Light.

From a warm cooler full of swamp water in the garage.

In September. The cooler was from St. Patty's day.

After slamming the beer and belching, somebody came in a few seconds later and asked if he had shit his pants.

To which he replied ever so eloquently " Nah dawg, that's just my breath".

The shit stayed in my cooler all summer. It actually went from the lake to the river over the course of two weeks and it still remained. That's saying something.

Pablo
12-15-2013, 10:45 AM

[3am]:

"Just those two bully porters in the crisper from the sample pack you bought a month ago."

"Pass"Blvd product, huh.

You're really trying to stir things up aren't you?

Pablo
12-15-2013, 10:48 AM
The shit stayed in my cooler all summer. It actually went from the lake to the river over the course of two weeks and it still remained. That's saying something.Yeah, if you made the mistake of drinking it once then you'd have to be in a pretty bad situation to do that to yourself again.

Reaper16
12-15-2013, 10:49 AM

[3am convo]:

"Just those two bully porters from the sample pack you bought a month ago."

"... yeah it's pretty late, I'm gonna take off."

I try not to judge people for their tastes in beer. But this post offends me.

ChiefRocka
12-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Same here, I like lots of beers like Guiness, Newcastle, Hoppy beers that bite... I seem to gravitate towards dark ales the most....

Samual Adams beer does nothing for me but the bottles are great to recycle to make my home brew in.

Try some Warsteiner Dunkel.

Red Beans
12-15-2013, 11:01 AM

I have to agree. Those who don't know a good porter, don't know beer.

suzzer99
12-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Blvd product, huh.

You're really trying to stir things up aren't you?

I love most of their stuff. The cool thing is you're starting to see Tank 7 in grocery stores and restaurants in LA.

Red Beans
12-15-2013, 11:02 AM
Yeah, if you made the mistake of drinking it once then you'd have to be in a pretty bad situation to do that to yourself again.

It was pretty funny giving it away and watching people's reactions. It was always a one and done scenario. Shit, most people wouldn't even finish it. It's got a sour/fruity aroma and taste, with a nice metallic finish. Shit is terrible.

Red Beans
12-15-2013, 11:05 AM
I love most of their stuff. The cool thing is you're starting to see Tank 7 in grocery stores and restaurants in LA.

Because it is excellent. The Sixth Glass is pretty unbelievable as well. A four pack of that stuff is just what the doctor ordered.

suzzer99
12-15-2013, 11:05 AM

Well I've never known anyone personally who actually likes it. It sits around in our refrigerators forever when somebody buys a sample pack.

Okay I take that back. One weird girl I went to high school with came over with a sixpack of it once. I remember because I was shocked that I finally met somebody who actually likes it. However when I asked her about it I got the impression she may have just grabbed a random dark beer that looked good.

suzzer99
12-15-2013, 11:18 AM
I have to agree. Those who don't know a good porter, don't know beer.

Porter is the fruitcake of beers. Who gets excited about a good porter anymore? Maybe it will make a comeback though when people get bored with IPAs. I just know it's never agreed with my taste buds.

phisherman
12-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Though Bully Porter gets very little publicity in the Boulevard lineup, in my opinion it's a very solid porter. I think you'll find that there are many beer drinkers that "get excited about a good porter."

For example, last weekend I opened up an Arcadia Shipwreck Bourbon Barrel aged Porter. Wow, just wow. Delicious.

Actually, now that I think of it, porter is kind of the go-to style in our house during the winter time when we're not in the mood for an Imperial Stout or something with a bit higher ABV. It's dark, roasty, and malty; what else could you want?

MahiMike
12-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Red Stripe is pretty bad. Not a big fan of really hoppy beers either. I think IPAs are disgusting. I like the darker beers, love the malty and smokey taste.

Agree on the hoppy and IPA beers. Dark beers are like a special treat. Like a dessert. Try Murphy's or double-chocolate. Yum.

Dayze
12-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Bud Light
Busch
Fat Cat
Cammo
Corona
Blue Moon
MGD 64

Ace Gunner
12-15-2013, 11:33 AM
I don't like sweet beers, so I'm just going off memory here -- killian's red is my worst beer

Reaper16
12-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Porter is the fruitcake of beers. Who gets excited about a good porter anymore? Maybe it will make a comeback though when people get bored with IPAs. I just know it's never agreed with my taste buds.

I do. I am the awesome person who gets excited about porter. If I had to rank my favorite styles of beer, they would go like this:

1.) Saison/Farmhouse Ale
2.) Lambic/Gueuze
3.) Porter
4.) American IPA
5.) Imperial Stout

mikeyis4dcats.
12-15-2013, 11:49 AM
something that I was given at Flying Saucer that tasted like i just deepthroated a fucking christmas tree.

Reaper16
12-15-2013, 11:50 AM
something that I was given at Flying Saucer that tasted like i just deepthroated a fucking christmas tree.

Anchor's Our Special Ale?

Archie F. Swin
12-15-2013, 11:51 AM
:fear:http://bottlecapbrewblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/p9290394.jpg

mikeyis4dcats.
12-15-2013, 11:52 AM

no idea. It was probably 10 years ago, and it was foul.

Stewie
12-15-2013, 11:53 AM

Buckhorn was Lone Star's "cost effective" beer and we drank it because it was cheap and we were poor college kids. It's long gone now, thank god.

http://robsbeercans.com/images/Z1190.JPG

KCUnited
12-15-2013, 11:55 AM

Had this at a xmas party last weekend for the first time and found it too piney for a 2nd one.

Eleazar
12-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Blue moon. Urine. But I repeat myself.

Eleazar
12-15-2013, 12:02 PM
http://www.beercankorner.com/graphics/pearl1099.gif

Bob Dole
12-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Goebel = GET THIS OUT OF MY MOUTH!

mikeyis4dcats.
12-15-2013, 12:07 PM
I don't get the Blue Moon hate.

Reaper16
12-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Had this at a xmas party last weekend for the first time and found it too piney for a 2nd one.

They change the recipe every year. Some years are overbearingly air freshener-tasting.

ChiefRocka
12-15-2013, 12:17 PM

:harumph:

T-post Tom
12-15-2013, 12:46 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cTMEIZe_zIQ/UCk4xKmztuI/AAAAAAAAAXE/nwZYmi4PY5o/s1600/original-74-702-mgd-64.jpg

whoman69
12-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Jupiler makes all these other beers taste like ambrosia by comparison

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2013, 12:49 PM
As one of my friends once said, "Steel Reserve is the only beer that can be ice cold and still go down warm."

I like to consider myself a connoisseur of shitty beers. Steel Reserve is by far the worst. Other malted creations like Camo Silver Ice exist in a totally different category.

R8RFAN
12-15-2013, 12:50 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cTMEIZe_zIQ/UCk4xKmztuI/AAAAAAAAAXE/nwZYmi4PY5o/s1600/original-74-702-mgd-64.jpg

Not horrible, tastes like mostly water to me

GloucesterChief
12-15-2013, 12:51 PM
mmmm. Porter.

http://konabrewingco.com/konabrewingco/files/2011/03/Pipeline_Bottle_Pour1.png

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Or ...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3JjhGF2eKIA/TK4wBdOtSrI/AAAAAAAAAVE/DHFiPaBXmSs/s320/Hamms-can.jpg

Heresy.

Easy 6
12-15-2013, 12:56 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Old-Vintage-Collectible-Quittin-Time-QT-Light-Premium-12oz-Beer-Can-/00/s/MTI4MFg5NjA=/z/Sy0AAOxy6~BR1DI7/$(KGrHqNHJ!8FHTkU0zfoBR1DI62l(Q~~60_35.JPG

Quittin Time LMAO never heard of this crap.

R8RFAN
12-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Quittin Time LMAO never heard of this crap.

Saw the signs in SC... That QT is a convenience store

Easy 6
12-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Saw the signs in SC... That QT is a convenience store

Nothing says quality like Quick Trip brand beer.

GloryDayz
12-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Funny how a "worst beer" thread brought-out the snob in all of us... Me included.

Fuck us all, we spend more coin on even one bad beer than it takes to feed a kid for a day in many places on this planet. Then we bitch about our poor choice in beer.

We all suck!

seamonster
12-15-2013, 01:38 PM
All major american beers (budweiser, miller, etc). That nasty ass great depression rice beer shit is foul...And guiness is meant to be drank from a carbinated tap, not from a warm can laying in the garage.

R8RFAN
12-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Funny how a "worst beer" thread brought-out the snob in all of us... Me included.

**** us all, we spend more coin on even one bad beer than it takes to feed a kid for a day in many places on this planet. Then we bitch about our poor choice in beer.

We all suck!

If you have a dry place to sleep and eat 1 meal a day without a dime in your pocket you are richer than 75% of the people on this planet

seamonster
12-15-2013, 01:41 PM
:harumph:

Porters(Stouts) are good. The gay party boy workout douchebag types that drink lite beers like to knock on these because of hte carb intake but they're awesome in the winter time.

R8RFAN
12-15-2013, 01:42 PM
All major american beers (budweiser, miller, etc). That nasty ass great depression rice beer shit is foul...And guiness is meant to be drank from a carbinated tap, not from a warm can laying in the garage.

Carbonation can be added by a carbonated tap (fake carbonation) or a controlled fermentation process of adding a little sugar to the bottle and allowing the beer to condition for a few weeks to produce a true head.

ptlyon
12-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Blue moon. Definitely.

Mojo Jojo
12-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Oh yeah, Boulevard is right there in terms of quality, but i get a six of Sam for about a buck less.
Comparing Sam Adams to Boulevard is criminal. Adams is the most over rated beer in America. Not saying it horrid, but it's not deserving of all the praise.

kepp
12-15-2013, 02:40 PM
I have a gluten sensitivity, so I usually drink gluten-free beer. There aren't very many decent ones. The worst one I've tried is Bard's. Ick.

ptlyon
12-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Comparing Sam Adams to Boulevard is criminal. Adams is the most over rated beer in America. Not saying it horrid, but it's not deserving of all the praise.

That yuppie douche with the ray bans & the fucked up hat disagrees with you

J Diddy
12-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Oooh I almost forgot the hiland brand they sale at snak attack in Joplin.

kepp
12-15-2013, 02:56 PM

They have some decent beers, but its mostly good marketing campaigns.

GloryDayz
12-15-2013, 03:05 PM
That yuppie douche with the ray bans & the fucked up hat disagrees with you

All you said there is that some yuppie in a hat kicked your ass and you don't like it...

Archie F. Swin
12-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Lone Star is what they squeegeed off the floor after they finished brewing:https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzXW7xXSWLhpcOhxXxKsLnoU1WhD9vlIDoPNYL9tKKOMUnR_yo

Bewbies
12-15-2013, 04:10 PM
For me Harp and Hoegarden are as bad as I've had. When I was in the Congo I had some shit called Skol. A 40 for less than $2. And it tasted worse than shit would.

plbrdude
12-15-2013, 04:12 PM
i haven't drank any liquor since 1999, but back in the old days i tried to drink some in a plain white can that said nothing more than beer on it.