PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jamaal Charles Vs Adrian Peterson.

penbrook
12-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Here is how Charles compares through week 15 than AP did in 2012 when he won the MVP .

Total Yards: Charles - 1,836. Peterson - 2,023

Yards Per Play: Charles - 5.9. Peterson - 6.2

Touchdowns: Charles - 18. Peterson - 11

Team Record: Charles - 11-3. Peterson - 8-8

BlackHelicopters
12-15-2013, 07:08 PM
How much does Jamal have?

a pp roach
12-15-2013, 07:12 PM
what about jaml?

DC.chief
12-15-2013, 07:16 PM
and Jjaammaall?

cdcox
12-15-2013, 07:18 PM
I didn't think AP deserved it and I don't think Charles does.

Charles has had a great year and everything, but a legitimate argument could be made Alex Smith is the Chiefs Offensive MVP. I'm not a huge Alex Smith fan and would probably vote for Charles over Smith, but it wouldn't be a slam dunk even for me. QB's are where the action is.

Chieftain58
12-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Jaymalmarshmallow have?

TribalElder
12-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Jamhfihgfkhgvkjhvkjhvkjgvkjgvoutvougcvougvaaaal

Red Dawg
12-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Any disrespect to AP is crazy. He is a warrior and will be in the HOF. JC is in his class though.

Ace Gunner
12-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Any disrespect to AP is crazy. He is a warrior and will be in the HOF. JC is in his class though.

ya, I think you got it wrong -- AP is in Jamaal's class... kind of. Jamaal did his damage with very shitty OL's. AP always had top grade blocking to run with.

ThaVirus
12-15-2013, 07:39 PM
AP is a better runner, Jamaal is better at everything else.

I'd say they're a lot closer than the media would like to admit.

splatbass
12-15-2013, 07:40 PM
I think Charles is more versatile. Peterson may be a better pure runner. I would take Charles over Peterson on this team because I think he fits Reid's offense better.

Valiant
12-15-2013, 07:40 PM
KC is not a sexy pick for a mvp, they will give it to peyton even if we match their record.

ThaVirus
12-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Peyton deserves it. He's having a historic season as far as the numbers go.

Jamaal's season is great but it's not historic.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-15-2013, 07:48 PM
4th in rushing yards and now just 14 yards behind McCoy in total yards from scrimmage. 1st in TDs, of course. Balla ass running back.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Does jaaamammal get more escalades?

milkman
12-15-2013, 07:50 PM
I think Charles is more versatile. Peterson may be a better pure runner. I would take Charles over Peterson on this team because I think he fits Reid's offense better.

I disagree.

They both have outstanding vision, patience, and acceleration.

AP is more powerful, while Charles is faster.
Of course, AP is fast himself, while Charles is stronger than given credit for.

And Ace is right for once.
AP has always run behind a better line.

5.6 vs 5.0

splatbass
12-15-2013, 07:56 PM
I disagree.

They both have outstanding vision, patience, and acceleration.

AP is more powerful, while Charles is faster.
Of course, AP is fast himself, while Charles is stronger than given credit for.

And Ace is right for once.
AP has always run behind a better line.

5.6 vs 5.0

Yeah, but I was talking about how Charles is used. He can run, he can (obviously) do a lot of damage on screen passes, and he can line up as a WR. He brings a lot of versatility to Reid's offense that I don't think you get with Peterson.

Your comment really had nothing to do with my post. I'm not even sure what you are disagreeing with.

ThaVirus
12-15-2013, 07:57 PM
I think he was trying to say that Jamaal is actually a better pure rusher as well.

At least thats how I took it.

cosmo20002
12-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Nobody really cares about NFL MVP, but Peyton's going to get it and probably deserves it.

Charles is great and has had a great year, but I think RBs are judged more on their rushing yards.

AD had 2100 yards (6.0 avg) just rushing. That's pretty awesome.

Psyko Tek
12-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Manning deserves nothing
cheating fucking doncs

splatbass
12-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Manning deserves nothing
cheating ****ing doncs

As much as I hate him and the Donks, he deserves it. He has had a great season. His ability to put a pass into the tightest places is amazing. There are several plays in every game of theirs I've seen this year where the DB literally couldn't cover the WR better, yet he still puts it in there and gets a completion. Frustrating for a Chiefs fan, but he is one of the all time greats.

lewdog
12-15-2013, 09:58 PM
RED JESUS!!!!!!!!!!

Lex Luthor
12-15-2013, 10:04 PM

Charles has had a great year and everything, but a legitimate argument could be made Alex Smith is the Chiefs Offensive MVP. I'm not a huge Alex Smith fan and would probably vote for Charles over Smith, but it wouldn't be a slam dunk even for me. QB's are where the action is.
I'm a little surprised nobody has blasted you for this post.

I think Alex Smith has done an excellent job, but there is no way I'd vote for him over Jamaal.

Simplicity
12-15-2013, 10:10 PM
AP was going to comment on this but his ice pack fell off his knee.

notorious
12-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Take Manning off of Denver and they are a grease fire.

Take Jamaal off of the Chiefs and we are still a very good team.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-16-2013, 03:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BboZF_pCQAAC0At.jpg:large

Molitoth
12-16-2013, 04:36 PM

lol

lol

no really, lol.

milkman
12-16-2013, 04:43 PM
I think he was trying to say that Jamaal is actually a better pure rusher as well.

At least thats how I took it.

Not necessarily better.

Different styles, but equal.

Deberg_1990
12-16-2013, 04:53 PM

Probably true, but that's more because QB is more important in todays game than RBs are.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2013, 05:02 PM

Take jamaal off the Chiefs and I can guarantee you a bunch of those first half wins turn into losses. Alex Smith was not very sharp for many of those games, and we won those games by a hair. And that's considering that defenses were gunning for the run, daring Smith to throw deep.

First half of the season, no defense paid any attention to our passing game, our run blocking was a mess, and our QB was forcing all defenders into the box. JC absolutely belongs in the MVP conversation.

EPodolak
12-16-2013, 05:03 PM

I wish I could agree with that second part.

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2013, 05:08 PM

Do you really think so? The Broncos have a solid 1-2 at receiver, one of the best slot receivers in the game, a stud at tight end, and Moreno and Ball are actually having decent seasons. Their defense would probably improve because the offense would be playing a lot less hurry up.

You can't ask how the team would look with Brady Quinn starting over Peyton. The better question is how could non-MVPs like Flacco or Stafford do? How would Matt Ryan or Eli do? I think there are plenty of NFL QBs who would make the Broncos a playoff team. So I disagree that they're a dumpster fire without Peyton.

ThaVirus
12-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Do you really think so? The Broncos have a solid 1-2 at receiver, one of the best slot receivers in the game, a stud at tight end, and Moreno and Ball are actually having decent seasons. Their defense would probably improve because the offense would be playing a lot less hurry up.

You can't ask how the team would look with Brady Quinn starting over Peyton. The better question is how could non-MVPs like Flacco or Stafford do? How would Matt Ryan or Eli do? I think there are plenty of NFL QBs who would make the Broncos a playoff team. So I disagree that they're a dumpster fire without Peyton.

They have some nice weapons in Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas, and Wes Welker as well as a strong interior line.

Take Manning off that team and the pass blocking efficiency of that line, particularly in tackle play, goes down tremendously, in my opinion. A bit of a snow ball effect would ensue spilling over into the run game as well- it just wouldn't be as effective without Manning's presence.

The defense is just burnt ass and ball hair, honestly. It's bad. Really bad.

Red Dawg
12-16-2013, 05:13 PM
ya, I think you got it wrong -- AP is in Jamaal's class... kind of. Jamaal did his damage with very shitty OL's. AP always had top grade blocking to run with.

What? AP is the standard that all backs are measured against right now. You need to watch a few AP videos on YouTube. He is greatness. JC is getting there.

Brock
12-16-2013, 06:06 PM
What? AP is the standard that all backs are measured against right now. You need to watch a few AP videos on YouTube. He is greatness. JC is getting there.

LMAO ap doesn't catch passes. One trick pony.

Red Dawg
12-16-2013, 06:27 PM
LMAO ap doesn't catch passes. One trick pony.

He does catch passes but he is not in a Reid offense that throws them fifty yards down the field because his wr suck. Ours suck so we need JC to help in the passing game as well.

beach tribe
12-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Charles' YPC puts him above AP IMO.
Peterson has more power....... That's it.

-King-
12-16-2013, 07:20 PM
He does catch passes but he is not in a Reid offense that throws them fifty yards down the field because his wr suck. Ours suck so we need JC to help in the passing game as well.

Even when he wasn't in the Reid offense Charles was a much better receiver than AP.

And it's not like Vikings have had some great WRs during APs career.