PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Stephenson and Schwartz

Rain Man
12-15-2013, 10:54 PM
I gotta say, these guys have been lemon meringue pie this year. (That's the best compliment I know.) Over the past few weeks...

Fisher goes down and Stephenson comes in at RT.

Albert goes down so Stephenson moves to the left and Schwartz comes in at RT.

Asamoah goes down and Fisher returns, so Schwartz moves to RG.

Fisher goes down, so Asamoah comes back and Schwartz moves back to RT.

And the whole time, the unit just keeps getting better. These guys have been great.

Easy 6
12-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Its great to have two spots locked down and not have to worry about filling them in the draft or free agency.

RealSNR
12-15-2013, 11:01 PM
With them around, I haven't said "God damn it, Hudson!" at all in the past few weeks. Not even once.

Yes, the coaches have adjusted the blocking scheme. Yes, Fisher isn't as shitty as he used to be. Yes, Stephenson is pretty baller. I think the fact that I haven' had a beef with Hudson in a while, though, speaks more to just how much better Schwartz is than Asamoah than anything else.

Chiefaholic
More reason to praise Dorsey's player evaluation skills. He's brought in multiple guys off the street who've contributed toward the success of this team.

RealSNR
Its great to have two spots locked down and not have to worry about filling them in the draft or free agency.

Schwartz came here on a 1-year deal. We still have to re-sign him this offseason

CallMeSquidwad
I knew Stephenson was our RTOF going into this year, but I did not know he is one of the best athletes on our entire team. I have replayed Jamaal's 35 yard run against the Redskins countless times just to see Donald accelerate and get a block 50 yards down field, that was after he chipped a guy at the line and fell on his belly....dude is a stud.

Coach
12-15-2013, 11:05 PM
With them around, I haven't said "God damn it, Hudson!" at all in the past few weeks. Not even once.

Yes, the coaches have adjusted the blocking scheme. Yes, Fisher isn't as shitty as he used to be. Yes, Stephenson is pretty baller. I think the fact that I haven' had a beef with Hudson in a while, though, speaks more to just how much better Schwartz is than Asamoah than anything else.

I wonder if Hudson was somewhat handi-capped with Dumb Allan and Dumber Asamoah on both sides.

Something to ponder about....

Chiefaholic
12-15-2013, 11:09 PM
I wonder if Hudson was somewhat handi-capped with Dumb Allan and Dumber Asamoah on both sides.

Something to ponder about....

Speaking of Allen, he completely whiffed of his man getting Smith sacked today. Finding TWO guards in the offseason needs to be a priority for Dorsey.

Easy 6
12-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Schwartz came here on a 1-year deal. We still have to re-sign him this offseason

Oh, well that kinda sucks, he'll surely be reasonable though.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Don't count those chickens just yet.

http://forums.colts.com/uploads/gallery/album_11/gallery_3_11_23897.jpg

In fact, given the notion that Albert has always struggled against the Colts, I'm not so sure Bob Mathis isn't going to ruin our season.

Rain Man
12-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Speaking of Allen, he completely whiffed of his man getting Smith sacked today. Finding TWO guards in the offseason needs to be a priority for Dorsey.

In his defense, did you see the great block he made downfield on Jamaal's second screen pass for a touchdown? He took out two guys in the open field. It was pleasing to watch.

penbrook
12-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Stephenson will be the LT heading into next season. Fisher will be the RT. Why fix something that ain't broke.

Rain Man
12-15-2013, 11:12 PM

I know my SAT test. Freeney is to Roaf as Mathis is to Stephenson.

Eleazar
12-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Stephenson and Fisher have put Albert on the free agent market.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2013, 11:13 PM
I know my SAT test. Freeney is to Roaf as Mathis is to Stephenson.

God, I hope so.

The guy has 16.5 sacks and 6 FF. He's having a career year.

Chiefaholic
12-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Stephenson will be the LT heading into next season. Fisher will be the RT. Why fix something that ain't broke.

Because Stephenson is a great depth guy to fill multiple positions w/o much drop-off in production.

Rain Man
12-15-2013, 11:15 PM

Stephenson and Fisher have put Albert on the free agent market.

Would this mean that we lose Albert and get nothing in return?

I guess we'd get a comp pick, but it would be nicer to get more in a trade. Or would we trade one of the other two and keep Albert if we could get more for them?

If we could put Albert at LG, it would be an offensive line dream. We upgrade LG and we also have a backup LT who is very good.

Bl00dyBizkitz
12-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Have to admit, I'm part of the "not a fan of Albert, he should walk" club. Dude has done nothing to help this offense this season.

tonyetony
12-15-2013, 11:17 PM

In fact, given the notion that Albert has always struggled against the Colts, I'm not so sure Bob Mathis isn't going to ruin our season.

Claynus, you have become a knowmo sort of joke and you are clueless about it. No self awareness bro.

penbrook
12-15-2013, 11:19 PM
We are not fucking putting Albert at guard. He won't do it. Why move him to guard if he is a top 10 LT. If Albert walks we more than likely will get a third round pick in the 2015 draft. We can't trade him. He's on a one year deal

tonyetony
12-15-2013, 11:20 PM

I guess we'd get a comp pick, but it would be nicer to get more in a trade. Or would we trade one of the other two and keep Albert if we could get more for them?

If we could put Albert at LG, it would be an offensive line dream. We upgrade LG and we also have a backup LT who is very good.

I would love to see Albert play guard and actually try while doing it. But he won't.

tonyetony
12-15-2013, 11:23 PM
We are not ****ing putting Albert at guard. He won't do it. Why move him to guard if he is a top 10 LT. If Albert walks we more than likely will get a third round pick in the 2015 draft. We can't trade him. He's on a one year deal

He, you and his agent are the only people in the world that think he is a top 10 LT.

Mojo Jojo
12-15-2013, 11:24 PM
May the Schwartz be with you

splatbass
12-15-2013, 11:24 PM

You seem to want us to lose. You're absolutely giddy at the thought of it, judging from this and your posts in the other thread.

Of course you've been wrong about everything this year....

penbrook
12-15-2013, 11:25 PM
He, you and his agent are the only people in the world that think he is a top 10 LT.

Actually the whole B Albert bandwagon train is and there's a lot because he leads all tackles still in pro bowl voting. He's #1 in a lot of people's eyes.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Claynus, you have become a knowmo sort of joke and you are clueless about it. No self awareness bro.

I just don't believe in this team.

When I do, you'll know it.

penbrook
12-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Lol Donkey fans last year saying we were the best 2-14 team ever and now were the worst 11-3 team ever.

Eleazar
12-15-2013, 11:39 PM

He is franchised this year, which means he's getting paid the average of the top 5 players at his position. If we franchised him again, I believe he gets a 20% raise over that.

So in theory we could franchise him and try to trade him, but we'd be trying to trade an average LT who's the highest paid LT in the league.

A suitor could just wait and get him on the open market for less and without giving up picks. I suppose there is a prisoner's dilemma here, where if all suitors cooperated in not trading then someone would get him on the cheap, but if a team wanted to give up a pick they could avoid having to win the bidding.

Anyway, it seems like if we got a compensatory 2nd or 3rd, that would probably be as good or better than what we'd get in trade, and there's no risk that we'd end up holding the bag if no one wanted to pay his contract.

Rain Man
12-15-2013, 11:43 PM
We are not ****ing putting Albert at guard. He won't do it. Why move him to guard if he is a top 10 LT. If Albert walks we more than likely will get a third round pick in the 2015 draft. We can't trade him. He's on a one year deal

Yeah, that's what we hear. But it would make so much sense.

Chiefaholic
12-15-2013, 11:45 PM
You seem to want us to lose. You're absolutely giddy at the thought of it, judging from this and your posts in the other thread.

Of course you've been wrong about everything this year....

Clanus can't wait for this team to be one and done just so he can say "I told you so." and not look like a complete dip**** with his NFL predictions. It has to suck living in a glass half empty world. This team is designed to win in the cold weather with a fierce defense and a great running back. I'm not anointing the Chiefs as the best team in the NFL. However, I feel this team is designed to beat anybody in the playoffs.

splatbass
12-15-2013, 11:49 PM

We're 11-3. Why on earth wouldn't you believe in this team?

Oh, right. You made some stupid absolute statements about Alex Smith and are too immature to admit you were wrong, so you'll cling to this "I don't believe" crap while your ship sinks.

How long can you tread water?

Bl00dyBizkitz
12-15-2013, 11:55 PM

And then if/when we lose in the playoffs, and you have your "told you so" moment, when will you start believing then? Because seasons like this don't come around all that often, you don't just go to the playoffs whenever you want.

I'm not waiting X amount of years. This is our year. Time to Homer it up!

Hammock Parties
12-15-2013, 11:55 PM
We're 11-3. Why on earth wouldn't you believe in this team?

Oh, right. You made some stupid absolute statements about Alex Smith and are too immature to admit you were wrong, so you'll cling to this "I don't believe" crap while your ship sinks.

How long can you tread water?

It's a switch, and you can't just flip it. Sorry.

I tried to flip it on against the Donkeys, and Peyton Manning smacked my hand away.

Direckshun
12-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Actually, switches can only be flipped.

That's why they're called switches.

splatbass
12-15-2013, 11:58 PM
And then if/when we lose in the playoffs, and you have your "told you so" moment, when will you start believing then? Because seasons like this don't come around all that often, you don't just go to the playoffs whenever you want.

I think we can compete with any team in the playoffs this year, but even if we do go one and done considering this team was 2-14 and one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL last year I'll still be happy. We have come a long way in a short amount of time. And Dorsey will continue improving this team, so the outlook for the future is bright.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2013, 11:58 PM
It's a switch, but it's like that big switch at the end of the switches in Jurassic Park.

Eleazar
12-15-2013, 11:59 PM
Yeah, that's what we hear. But it would make so much sense.

I think that in the offseason there was some talk of moving him to guard, and he said no.

splatbass
12-15-2013, 11:59 PM
It's a switch, and you can't just flip it. Sorry.

You are what, 30 now? And still as immature as a child.

You were wrong. Man up for once in your life and admit it.

aturnis
12-16-2013, 12:00 AM
He is franchised this year, which means he's getting paid the average of the top 5 players at his position. If we franchised him again, I believe he gets a 20% raise over that.

So in theory we could franchise him and try to trade him, but we'd be trying to trade an average LT who's the highest paid LT in the league.

A suitor could just wait and get him on the open market for less and without giving up picks. I suppose there is a prisoner's dilemma here, where if all suitors cooperated in not trading then someone would get him on the cheap, but if a team wanted to give up a pick they could avoid having to win the bidding.

Anyway, it seems like if we got a compensatory 2nd or 3rd, that would probably be as good or better than what we'd get in trade, and there's no risk that we'd end up holding the bag if no one wanted to pay his contract.

A 3rd is the highest compensation you can get.

Also, if we were to tag Albert and trade him for say a 2nd, the team we trade him to is going to sign him to a long term deal, he won't play at his franchise tag number. The only way he plays for that ridiculous amount is if he plays on the tag again, which I doubt he does, as he has been dealing with injuries, which is scary as hell for a guy with no long term contract.

Hammock Parties
12-16-2013, 12:01 AM
You are what, 30 now? And still as immature as a child.

You were wrong. Man up for once in your life and admit it.

If I'm gonna be "wrong," it's not gonna be because we beat a couple of bottom feeders while they're playing out the string.

Nu-uh, buddy.

Rain Man
12-16-2013, 12:03 AM

And yet toggles are switched. Maybe toggles should be called switches and switches should be called flips.

splatbass
12-16-2013, 12:07 AM
If I'm gonna be "wrong," it's not gonna be because we beat a couple of bottom feeders while they're playing out the string.

Nu-uh, buddy.

You are wrong because Alex Smith hasn't been the failure you predicted. And you are desperately (and unsuccessfully) trying to spin it to save face.

kcxiv
12-16-2013, 12:17 AM

he's just playing the odds. Its really easy to do in football. Going on the road to play. Odds are easily in the favor of losing. Its not like he's going out on a limb.

Bl00dyBizkitz
12-16-2013, 12:19 AM
he's just playing the odds. Its really easy to do in football. Going on the road to play. Odds are easily in the favor of losing. Its not like he's going out on a limb.

To the point where he wants the Chiefs to lose just to prove a point? I think that speaks for itself.

Chiefs=Champions
12-16-2013, 12:24 AM

LMAO

Hammock Parties
12-16-2013, 12:26 AM
You see how long it takes to turn on my perimeter fences? Look at all the shit you gotta flip first.

http://www.jplegacy.org/jpencyclopedia/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/breakers.png

Mojo Jojo
12-16-2013, 01:22 AM
A 3rd is the highest compensation you can get.

Also, if we were to tag Albert and trade him for say a 2nd, the team we trade him to is going to sign him to a long term deal, he won't play at his franchise tag number. The only way he plays for that ridiculous amount is if he plays on the tag again, which I doubt he does, as he has been dealing with injuries, which is scary as hell for a guy with no long term contract.
Only one team showed interest in trading for him last year, and then in many opinions tried to low ball the Chiefs on the pick. In what world would there be new demand for him now. He is a year older and has had injury issues this season...as well as now his best year of play on the field.

Chief Roundup
12-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Dude...Uh...lemon meringue pie sucks. That shit is gross.

ThaVirus
12-16-2013, 01:59 AM
Have to admit, I'm part of the "not a fan of Albert, he should walk" club. Dude has done nothing to help this offense this season.

He was our only consistently competent lineman from week 1 to about week 11.

Rain Man
12-16-2013, 02:00 AM

You are a bad American. Go back to the country you came from.

J Diddy
12-16-2013, 02:03 AM
May the Schwartz be with you.

J Diddy
12-16-2013, 02:04 AM

Just shut up and imagine it was cum and chhicken.

Sorter
12-16-2013, 02:11 AM

Wow.

Chief Roundup
12-16-2013, 02:30 AM
You are a bad American. Go back to the country you came from.

Born and raised right here Apple Pie is the American Pie.

Chief Roundup
12-16-2013, 02:31 AM
Just shut up and imagine it was cum and chhicken.

Go ahead and have my portion there since that is what you like evidently. Go ahead and suck it all up. Jack

J Diddy
12-16-2013, 03:07 AM
Go ahead and have my portion there since that is what you like evidently. Go ahead and suck it all up. Jack

evidently you are incorrect. You just seemed like a cum guzzler to me. Personally, I'm not convinced.

Bl00dyBizkitz
12-16-2013, 04:09 AM
He was our only consistently competent lineman from week 1 to about week 11.

Wow.

Really? The only thing I've seen him do all season is pick up false start after false start. Not only that, he doesn't look as competent as any other Chiefs lineman out there. I don't see Albert holding his own while the rest of the O-Line goes under, I see everyone, including him, get beat constantly.

Sorter
12-16-2013, 04:19 AM
Really? The only thing I've seen him do all season is pick up false start after false start. Not only that, he doesn't look as competent as any other Chiefs lineman out there. I don't see Albert holding his own while the rest of the O-Line goes under, I see everyone, including him, get beat constantly.

LMAO.

ChiefGator
12-16-2013, 06:45 AM
I gotta say, these guys have been lemon meringue pie this year. (That's the best compliment I know.)

That's the best compliment you know?

What do you have against tits, Rain Sir?

Molitoth
12-16-2013, 08:51 AM
You see how long it takes to turn on my perimeter fences? Look at all the shit you gotta flip first.

http://www.jplegacy.org/jpencyclopedia/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/breakers.png

LMAO

milkman
12-16-2013, 09:33 AM

You are a dumbass.

TEX
12-16-2013, 10:47 AM
You are a dumbass.

This X 10

ThaVirus
12-16-2013, 10:49 AM
You are a dumbass.

Yeah. No need in even responding to that bullshit.