PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brandon Flowers

Mr. Laz
12-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Brandon Flowers ‏@BFlowers24 19m
It was only right they got my game jersey after the big win in Oakland. #chiefs pic.twitter.com/lIpyTpRBVX

http://s23.postimg.org/ayntcd1a3/image.jpg

jspchief
12-16-2013, 02:15 PM
bad ass

tredadda
12-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Nice!

Strongside
12-16-2013, 02:17 PM
That is awesome prease.

rhinson1380
12-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Good on Frowers

Rain Man
12-16-2013, 02:23 PM
In Japanese, the words "Jamaal Charles" mean "limitless bounty of cuttlefish and octopus". True story.

KCUnited
12-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Came for The Killers concert, stayed for the rape.

wazu
12-16-2013, 02:25 PM
So interesting. And very cool...but why Flowers?

jd1020
12-16-2013, 02:27 PM
So interesting. And very cool...but why Flowers?

One of the few players on the team they can relate to when it comes to height. He's already got a McCluster jersey.

Saul Good
12-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Super great job you like very much.

ptlyon
12-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Ahhhh Bwandan Fwawowwas vewwey good, yes?

Dartgod
12-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Is it just me, or is that guy's head abnormally large for his body?

Phobia, what say you?

rhinson1380
12-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Is it just me, or is that guy's head abnormally large for his body?

Phobia, what say you?

Anime

ModSocks
12-16-2013, 02:30 PM
He and Berry are still my favorite Chiefs. Wish they'd put him back on the outside though where he belongs.

thabear04
12-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Lucky guy got his jersey.

Saul Good
12-16-2013, 02:38 PM
He and Berry are still my favorite Chiefs. Wish they'd put him back on the outside though where he belongs.

Flowers probably belongs on the waiver wire after this season. He's had a hell of a run, but he's a shell of his former self.

Dunerdr
12-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Pretty cool any update on his injury? Did he return to the game? I only saw the first half

ModSocks
12-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Flowers probably belongs on the waiver wire after this season. He's had a hell of a run, but he's a shell of his former self.

Couldn't be more wrong. He's still a great corner and still a great tackler. They need to move him back to the outside and end this Cooper experiment.

People are seeing big WR's ant TE's get matched up against him in the slot and then wondering why he gets beat. "OMG, Flowers sucks now!"

He practically removed Welker from the game when they played the Broncos.

Put him back on the outside (you know, where he's been playing his entire career) and i bet our defense improves.

ModSocks
12-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Pretty cool any update on his injury? Did he return to the game? I only saw the first half

He returned and finished the game.

Mr. Laz
12-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Couldn't be more wrong. He's still a great corner and still a great tackler. They need to move him back to the outside and end this Cooper experiment.

People are seeing big WR's ant TE's get matched up against him in the slot and then wondering why he gets beat. "OMG, Flowers sucks now!"

He practically removed Welker from the game when they played the Broncos.

Put him back on the outside (you know, where he's been playing his entire career) and i bet our defense improves.
not really

W. Welker 8/72 9.0 20
W. Welker 3/38 12.7 20

Decker just blew up so much that they didn't need Welker, he still averaged 12.7

our coverage has been ass across the board ... everyone

at this point if they want to move Flowers outside, i don't care. Might as well try something. We suck.

Iconic
12-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Flowers play isn't really as bad as it looks. Most of him getting 'burnt' has come from playing certain leverage and expecting safety help. Kendrick has more to do with this than anyone.

Mr. Laz
12-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Flowers play isn't really as bad as it looks. Most of him getting 'burnt' has come from playing certain leverage and expecting safety help. Kendrick has more to do with this than anyone.

That applies to everyone, Lewis sucks.

our coverage has still been poor

Sutton deserves criticism too

BlackHelicopters
12-16-2013, 03:27 PM

Interesting.
:popcorn:

kepp
12-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Good on Frowers

LMAO

WHY YOU NO COVER GUD NOW?!

Marcellus
12-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Interesting.
:popcorn:

Huge difference between stupid and interesting.

Saul Good
12-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Flowers simply doesn't have the physical tools to play at a high level any longer. He never had elite size nor speed, but he got by on technique and smarts.

He has played through all sorts of minor injuries over the years, and they have caught up with him. He's had a great run, but he's fallen off the table quickly, and it's only going to get worse.

Have Chiefs fans not figured out by now that hanging onto Corners for too long is a recipe for failure?

mcaj22
12-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Flowers simply doesn't have the physical tools to play at a high level any longer. He never had elite size nor speed, but he got by on technique and smarts.

He has played through all sorts of minor injuries over the years, and they have caught up with him. He's had a great run, but he's fallen off the table quickly, and it's only going to get worse.

Have Chiefs fans not figured out by now that hanging onto Corners for too long is a recipe for failure?

who else do they have? no safeties and the other two "young" CBs get beat just as badly

Flowers veteran experience helps here. We don't even have a legit nickel CB to cover the slot on the entire roster. Maybe they go out and find/draft one in the offseason or maybe they keep Flowers at it next year, cause ya know, cutting him would be like 10 million in dead money.

Dayze
12-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Go Flowers!......maybe he got him to sign his McCluster jersey he was wearing

Easy 6
12-16-2013, 04:34 PM
That was a very cool gesture to some foreign fans, very classy.

The arrowhead with the rising sun is kinda boss.

Ace Gunner
12-16-2013, 04:40 PM
That applies to everyone, Lewis sucks.

our coverage has still been poor

Sutton deserves criticism too

meh, cover was bad last season too, and they played a lot more zone last year. bottom line -- crap in, crap out. Sutton has changed personnel, he's changed scheme, he's changed how this DB group attacks. they don't have the horses to keep up.

he's using 3 safeties most of the time and they still can't seem to stop giving up huge plays, both pass plays and run plays.

they are better this season than last season with exception to Lewis, who has been the one most responsible for giving up the big plays this season. take away those plays and you have a decent performance from this secondary.

need new horses.

ciaomichael
12-16-2013, 04:41 PM
So Flowers is over the hill already? Goodness, just seems like he was in college yesterday. I'm a Virginia Tech fan, so saw him play plenty in college. One in a long line of outstanding defensive backs from VT. And, like most of them, he's a DB that will hit hard. I hope he hasn't lost it.

Ace Gunner
12-16-2013, 04:47 PM
B Dot is a great football player, but I think they did right moving him into the slot/nickel role. he's one of the best inside ten yards from scrimmage, great tackler, sheds blocks xlnt to make tackles on runners.

they might try using flowers at that 46 spot Berry occupies, put Berry at FS and kick Lewis to the sidelines.

ThaVirus
12-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Flowers definitely peaked in that 2010 season. Being 5'9", already slow, and losing athleticism by the year he's likely only going to get worse.

With that said, he's still one of the most physical and best tackling CBs in the league and if I was forced to choose one of our CBs to play a single game, it'd be him (he's still our best).

We could try him out at FS and although he has much better instincts than Lewis, we'd likely see the same issues we do today as he'd often be too slow to get there on time. It pains me to say it, but we'll likely have to dump him by the time he hits 29/30.

Titty Meat
12-16-2013, 05:32 PM

Wrong

Titty Meat
12-16-2013, 05:36 PM

This place doesn't acknowledge that their favorite players decline and don't play at the same level forever. Too many discussions are based on past production. That's not really how the NFL works.

Saul Good
12-16-2013, 05:41 PM
This place doesn't acknowledge that their favorite players decline and don't play at the same level forever. Too many discussions are based on past production. That's not really how the NFL works.

Great franchises churn and burn with the understanding that it's better to get rid of a player a year too early than a year too late. Crap franchises collect players and watch them gather dust.

chiefzilla1501
12-16-2013, 05:47 PM

This place also doesn't seem to know that if you're not all pro, you can still be a solid starter. I don't think people realize how bad some other team's corners are. It's just not easy anymore for guys like Flowers to cover when not only are rules getting tougher on jamming receivers, but now offenses are getting away with these ridiculous pick plays. In a game that was already moving in an offense's favor due to bigger receivers and spread offenses.

ModSocks
12-16-2013, 05:59 PM
This place also doesn't seem to know that if you're not all pro, you can still be a solid starter. I don't think people realize how bad some other team's corners are. It's just not easy anymore for guys like Flowers to cover when not only are rules getting tougher on jamming receivers, but now offenses are getting away with these ridiculous pick plays. In a game that was already moving in an offense's favor due to bigger receivers and spread offenses.

Flowers is a great technique corner. He's best on the outside where he can use the sideline and squeeze the receivers. He can anticipate the routes on the outside pretty well and pass the receiver off if need be.

The Chiefs are taking Flowers and sticking him in the slot to cover big, heavy TE's like Gates and Thomas, or even worse, these 6-4" WR's like Decker that can go any direction they want AND add in the fact that teams like Denver and SD run a shit ton of pick plays. That's a HUGE mismatch designed by the offense. Offenses salivate at that. Hence the era of the big fast TE.

You're asking 5-9" Flowers to cover 6-5" TE's and WR's in wide open space.

It's asking a point guard to defend a Power Forward. It's just not realistic.

And then people wonder why Flowers is struggling a bit more than normal. I think it's pretty obvious.

mcaj22
12-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Great franchises churn and burn with the understanding that it's better to get rid of a player a year too early than a year too late. Crap franchises collect players and watch them gather dust.

the franchises that do this also have QBs like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers

they can let players go a year early, throw a new guy into the fire cause they know their QB is going to still keep them in games so the grooming leash and room for error is much larger for Joe Schmo at CB or Safety, when the QB can bail them out when they fuck up.

The other franchises that DONT have QBs like this, have to hang onto players a year too late to try and well, remain competitive.

Saul Good
12-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Flowers is a great technique corner. He's best on the outside where he can use the sideline and squeeze the receivers. He can anticipate the routes on the outside pretty well and pass the receiver off if need be.

The Chiefs are taking Flowers and sticking him in the slot to cover big, heavy TE's like Gates and Thomas, or even worse, these 6-4" WR's like Decker that can go any direction they want AND add in the fact that teams like Denver and SD run a shit ton of pick plays. That's a HUGE mismatch designed by the offense. Offenses salivate at that. Hence the era of the big fast TE.

You're asking 5-9" Flowers to cover 6-5" TE's and WR's in wide open space.

It's asking a point guard to defend a Power Forward. It's just not realistic.

And then people wonder why Flowers is struggling a bit more than normal. I think it's pretty obvious.

WTF are you talking about? He didn't guard any of those guys. He was on Welker.

Ceej
12-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Too busy looking at the tits in blue.

T-post Tom
12-16-2013, 07:16 PM
In Japanese, the words "Jamaal Charles" mean "limitless bounty of cuttlefish and octopus". True story.

And "Rain Man" translates to "Who the hell brought lite beer to this party! "

Mr. Laz
12-16-2013, 07:19 PM
meh, cover was bad last season too, and they played a lot more zone last year. bottom line -- crap in, crap out. Sutton has changed personnel, he's changed scheme, he's changed how this DB group attacks. they don't have the horses to keep up.

he's using 3 safeties most of the time and they still can't seem to stop giving up huge plays, both pass plays and run plays.

they are better this season than last season with exception to Lewis, who has been the one most responsible for giving up the big plays this season. take away those plays and you have a decent performance from this secondary.

need new horses.
we have more talent on defense than the performance is showing the last 4 weeks.

BossChief
12-16-2013, 07:27 PM
we have more talent on defense than the performance is showing the last 4 weeks.

Houston is a guy offenses scheme to avoid or limit. Losing him was/is a big deal that is hopefully rectified by the time the games mean something again.

I have little doubt that this defense is gonna wreck shit again once he is back.

We limited SD to 3 points while he was out there for the first half...what was the final score, again?

lewdog
12-16-2013, 07:30 PM
No one else notice the Asian dude wearing a Dexter jersey!?

ROFL

Strongside
12-16-2013, 07:38 PM
I think they probably thought thought that the Brandon Flowers that sings for the Killers also played for the Chiefs.

CallMeSquidwad
12-16-2013, 07:44 PM
One of the few players on the team they can relate to when it comes to height. He's already got a McCluster jersey.

LMAO