PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet This place has gone to poop since X

Eleazar
12-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Numerous times I have seen an old timer say that Chiefsplanet has changed for the worse in the past several years. Old timers supposedly leave forever or rarely swing by, because of a bout of forum AIDS. Old timers, what is it exactly that changed about the place?

SAUTO
12-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Cochise came back

stonedstooge
12-16-2013, 08:01 PM
SINCE MR. FAX LEFT!!!!!:deevee::deevee::deevee:

threebag
12-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Resurrect Chris616

listopencil
12-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Young people suck?

DenverChief
12-16-2013, 08:05 PM
More name calling and just general douchbaggery that was abated when DC was formed has seemed to seep back into the lounge

Saul Good
Since Patrick Bateman was banned...

FlaChief58
LJS

Eleazar
12-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Cochise came back

:doh!:

FlaChief58
12-16-2013, 08:07 PM

What's up with that? Fax was the bomb

CrazyPhuD
12-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Aug 20th 2000

stevieray
12-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Herm

Tribal Warfare
Constant verbal berating,a tolerance for BB trolls, and due to that the Football IQ has gone down because of such inclusions.
<mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%&quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quot;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&quot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&quot;: &quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Buffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&quot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quot;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot; enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:false,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;:false,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;autoPlayOnBuffer&quot;:tr ue,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;quality&quot;:&quot;hd1080&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:true,&quot;only Notification&quot;:false,&quot;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth&quot;:true,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&quot;turnOffPag edBuffering&quot;:true}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

GloryDayz
I blame global warming, assault rifles and Xbox...

Stalker
12-16-2013, 08:09 PM
AIDS

dmahurin
12-16-2013, 08:11 PM

All of this!!!

TLO
PIIHB

Mosbonian
I think we have talked about this a little bit before....here is my take:

This place is no different than your local sports bar.....when it first opened you had all the regulars who met here every day. Pretty soon, just like a great sports bar word got around and more people came. And with it came new and different personalities/pecadilloes... instead of the old guys swapping stories and giving each other crap about football knowledge, now what you had was guys who thought it was cool to stand up and piss on the pool table and be weird while his buddies laugh at him.

More and more what happens is you pick a different night to show up....when the wild crowd isn't there defacing the wall and slapping the waitresses on the a$$. And when you have had enough of that you just pick a new place to go to, or just show up once in a while to see if your old buddies are still around.

The old crowd still has a few of the long time regulars, but the newer younger crowd has kind of taken over, and you get used to their new mentalities, even embrace them a little.

That has happened over and over here....you have the different era of members and each has it's own personality. Pretty soon the guys who were pissing on the table and slapping the waitresses are being one-upped by a new crowd and the cycle begins again.

The one constant.....there is one guy who thinks he is the one person the place can't do without and no matter how annoying he never leaves.

Bump
12-16-2013, 08:14 PM
probably all of the circle jerks and dick swinging contests.

Rausch
12-16-2013, 08:14 PM
I'd say the first 5-7 years a lot of CP made an effort to make games, tail gate parties, or charity events. Met each other. A good percentage of active posters knew each other.

I think it made this place more real and more civil.

This place is about as accurate a picture of who people are as internet dating sites...

Bearcat
12-16-2013, 08:17 PM

Which time?

Rausch
12-16-2013, 08:18 PM

This place is no different than your local sports bar.....when it first opened you had all the regulars who met here every day. Pretty soon, just like a great sports bar word got around and more people came. And with it came new and different personalities/pecadilloes... instead of the old guys swapping stories and giving each other crap about football knowledge, now what you had was guys who thought it was cool to stand up and piss on the pool table and be weird while his buddies laugh at him.

More and more what happens is you pick a different night to show up....when the wild crowd isn't there defacing the wall and slapping the waitresses on the a$$. And when you have had enough of that you just pick a new place to go to, or just show up once in a while to see if your old buddies are still around.

The old crowd still has a few of the long time regulars, but the newer younger crowd has kind of taken over, and you get used to their new mentalities, even embrace them a little.

That has happened over and over here....you have the different era of members and each has it's own personality. Pretty soon the guys who were pissing on the table and slapping the waitresses are being one-upped by a new crowd and the cycle begins again.

You said it much better than I did.

The one constant.....there is one guy who thinks he is the one person the place can't do without and no matter how annoying he never leaves.

There's more than one of those...

Raiderhater
12-16-2013, 08:19 PM

Damned whipper snappers! :cuss:

Excellent analogy.

Raiderhater
12-16-2013, 08:23 PM
I'd say the first 5-7 years a lot of CP made an effort to make games, tail gate parties, or charity events. Met each other. A good percentage of active posters knew each other.

I think it made this place more real and more civil.

This place is about as accurate a picture of who people are as internet dating sites...

Sadly, the get togethers have greatly dwindled. And I would guess that has probably played a part in the increase in nastiness. When you sit down and have a beer and BBQ with someone, you are going to be a little slower to go off on them on line. The personal feel to this place is not what it used to be.

big nasty kcnut
12-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Nothing sucks people need to calm the hell down.

Simply Red
12-16-2013, 08:24 PM
several are still here, all of them. Even Skip.

Rausch
12-16-2013, 08:29 PM
The personal feel to this place is not what it used to be.

Said our gay waiter after you lead him on and then didn't put out, resulting in an overcharged bill not even Kevin Smith could talk him out of...

cdcox
12-16-2013, 08:31 PM
To me this place is entertaining often enough to keep me coming back. Members have come and gone and some members have changed over the years. I'm always sorry to see good posters post less but soon enough other good posters take their place. I try to steer clear of most of the drama, it helps with the experience.

Titty Meat
12-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Since Chris616 was banned

Raiderhater
12-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Said our gay waiter after you lead him on and then didn't put out, resulting in an overcharged bill not even Kevin Smith could talk him out of...

See, this is what I'm talking about. People around here need to share more times like that together. Good times all around.

KC native
12-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Since frazbob started menopause.

cosmo20002
12-16-2013, 08:33 PM
I miss Thig.

DenverChief
12-16-2013, 08:34 PM

LMAO

SAUTO
12-16-2013, 08:34 PM

haven't heard from skippy in a while

KC native
12-16-2013, 08:35 PM
I miss Thig.

Me too sadface.jpg

Dartgod
12-16-2013, 08:36 PM

Absolutely perfect analogy. :clap:

Dartgod
12-16-2013, 08:36 PM

Please stop pissing on the pool table.

KC native
12-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Please stop pissing on the pool table.

I use the restroom like civilized people.

Maybe if frazbob was a little more respectful of others and didn't insist on saying racist shit to me all the time, I would lay off of him. Maybe.

Raiderhater
12-16-2013, 08:42 PM

Maybe if frazbob was a little more respectful of others and didn't insist on saying racist shit to me all the time, I would lay off of him. Maybe.

I'm not getting in the middle of that debacle because I am personal friends with two of the three people involved.

But this post is very telling about you.

KC native
12-16-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm not getting in the middle of that debacle because I am personal friends with two of the three people involved.

But this post is very telling about you.

Lrn2laugh

Mosbonian
12-16-2013, 08:45 PM

Only when your friends make you.

Raiderhater
12-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Lrn2laugh

*yawn*

kcxiv
12-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Young people suck?

Old people get to grumpy!

J Diddy
12-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Old people get to grumpy!

You would too if you couldn't get some pussy. The rules of life are stacked against you. Hell, even if you get a free three way of some hot tang you fucking die from eating a steak.

Now do you get it?

When you're old you can't have steak or pussy.
Yet assisted suicide is illegal.

bdj23
12-16-2013, 09:04 PM
I blame Pioli.

Bugeater
12-16-2013, 09:05 PM
But you don't stalk.

Strongside
12-16-2013, 09:07 PM
I've been lurking here since '04 and decided to join up in '12. It hasn't changed. People just got old.

Easy 6
12-16-2013, 09:10 PM
You would too if you couldn't get some pussy. The rules of life are stacked against you. Hell, even if you get a free three way of some hot tang you ****ing die from eating a steak.

Now do you get it?

When you're old you can't have steak or pussy.
Yet assisted suicide is illegal.

LMAO

KC native
12-16-2013, 09:10 PM
But you don't stalk.

Perhaps you should read up on what stalking is.

Easy 6
12-16-2013, 09:11 PM
It hasn't changed. People just got old.

Bugeater
12-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Well you are clearly obsessed with him.

GloryDayz
12-16-2013, 09:13 PM

You're making a hemorrhoid of yourself tonight. Just sayin...

Aries Walker
12-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Since I joined.

ChiefaRoo
12-16-2013, 09:15 PM

Compel that old fart to show himself so I may place my Shocker nut sack upon his Tulsa forehead.

KC native
12-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Well you are clearly obsessed with him.

I care about his well being. I know that all this CP turmoil will make him suicidal so I wanted to let him know we, the non-MU base of CP, are thinking of him. And if I can give him a nice strong push in the direction of no more pain, then I have done my job.

Braincase
12-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Life. When I first jumped on board, my kids were real small and they weren't involved in a lot of outside activities. I had my own business and made a lot of free time to post and gab. as my kids got older, I didn't spend as much time, and when I did, I didn't always find the banter pleasant/encouraging. I like most of the people I've met through the board, and at times have tried to put differences behind me with those that I didn't see eye to eye with. Sometimes we moved past our differences, other times we didn't. I can touch base with the guys I get along with in other ways.

The more time I spend on the board, the more likely I am to stick my nose into threads where my opinion isn't welcomed, so I pretty much stick to KU related threads.

KC native
12-16-2013, 09:17 PM
You're making a hemorrhoid of yourself tonight. Just sayin...

No one asked you. Jussayin.

GloryDayz
12-16-2013, 09:21 PM
No one asked you. Jussayin.

Well, Frazod clearly won this round with you, and he hardly came out of his corner.

Have another, it's kinda funny in a funny kinda way...

KC native
12-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Well, Frazod clearly won this round with you, and he hardly came out of his corner.

Have another, it's kinda funny in a funny kinda way...

Really? Do you define winning as coming back from miserable user and then doing the exact same thing that got you there so you're back on it as winning?

J Diddy
12-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Compel that old fart to show himself so I may place my Shocker nut sack upon his Tulsa forehead.

You wanna give skip the shocker?

Mr. Laz
12-16-2013, 09:25 PM
More name calling and just general douchbaggery that was abated when DC was formed has seemed to seep back into the lounge
no doubt

even more, the goal seems to be lets see who can fight the most/best/loudest/meanest etc

we've always argued but it's gone way beyond that now.

GloryDayz
12-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Really? Do you define winning as coming back from miserable user and then doing the exact same thing that got you there so you're back on it as winning?

I've never "coming back from miserable user", but your tantrum is epic... He's under your skin like a welted blood blister turned purple.

Titty Meat
12-16-2013, 09:28 PM
I care about his well being. I know that all this CP turmoil will make him suicidal so I wanted to let him know we, the non-MU base of CP, are thinking of him. And if I can give him a nice strong push in the direction of no more pain, then I have done my job.

You are creepy

lcarus
12-16-2013, 09:31 PM
This place started in 2000? The internet in general has gotten a lot dumber since then. This place isn't immune to it.

ChiefaRoo
12-16-2013, 09:37 PM
You wanna give skip the shocker?

;)

ChiefaRoo
12-16-2013, 09:41 PM
The high point for me was the Kirstie Tynes thread. You know it was good when pics were being deleted after the fact. Epic!

Brando
12-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Since Endelt left us for a skinnier than normal vagina.

Mr. Laz
12-16-2013, 09:43 PM
This place started in 2000? The internet in general has gotten a lot dumber since then. This place isn't immune to it.
Fair point.

Entire world is getting meaner,more petulant and out of control so i guess this place would too.

Rausch
12-16-2013, 09:44 PM
no doubt

even more, the goal seems to be lets see who can fight the most/best/loudest/meanest etc

we've always argued but it's gone way beyond that now.

Back in the day a rant was almost a poem of pain. It was a thing of beauty.

There was an art to it...

BossChief
12-16-2013, 09:45 PM
In the few years I've been a member here, I've noticed that the amount of trolls has gone up exponentially.

There used to be a few troll posts sprinkled here and there, but now it seems every thread is overran by them.

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2013, 09:46 PM
February 28, 2009. The day that changed CP forever.

J Diddy
12-16-2013, 09:49 PM
February 28, 2009. The day that changed CP forever.

The day that Paul Harvey died?

Nightfyre
12-16-2013, 09:57 PM
I was going to give the obligatory "since this thread was started," but actually, this thread delivers. Frazod has natives panties all twisted up.

Rausch
12-16-2013, 10:02 PM
I will say, in all seriousness, I miss the Gaz.

I'm sure wherever he is he's xoxoxo about this defense...

morphius
12-16-2013, 10:05 PM
My answer to the OP was when the Chiefs fell apart, team started sucking, people found something better to do...

Bugeater
12-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Back in the day a rant was almost a poem of pain. It was a thing of beauty.

There was an art to it...
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I can't rhyme
Fuck you Rausch

Psyko Tek
12-16-2013, 10:12 PM

never liked the name calling think out a well worded and emotional insult
i have a great one but not wasting it here

trndobrd
12-16-2013, 10:31 PM
I will say, in all seriousness, I miss the Gaz.

I'm sure wherever he is he's xoxoxo about this defense...

That's exactly what I was thinking. I remember that he left because the board was getting more mean spirited.

luv
12-16-2013, 10:44 PM
There's no discussion. You either agree with the masses or get piled on. Not sure there was an exact moment, but the level of respect shown for each other has gone way down.

Also, college-aged Madden players who know "everything" about football.

Titty Meat
12-16-2013, 10:50 PM
In the few years I've been a member here, I've noticed that the amount of trolls has gone up exponentially.

There used to be a few troll posts sprinkled here and there, but now it seems every thread is overran by them.

They wouldn't be bad if they stayed out of football threads.

Ace Gunner
12-16-2013, 10:50 PM
obligatory fuck you

SuperChief
12-16-2013, 11:16 PM
WWE username fetishes.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Blow it up & make everybody start from zero
Wipe out the lazy fuckers

salame
12-16-2013, 11:25 PM
I miss old BUgeater when he sent me hate pms everyday
now he like me
bittersweet

Bugeater
12-16-2013, 11:31 PM
I miss old BUgeater when he sent me hate pms everyday
now he like me
bittersweet
You must mean the neg reps. I was simply offering guidance, and they helped shape you into the person you are today.

booger
12-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Holy shit mermaids are real. Turn on animal planet

salame
12-16-2013, 11:36 PM
You must mean the neg reps. I was simply offering guidance, and they helped shape you into the person you are today.

i still love you

Sorter
Holy shit mermaids are real. Turn on animal planet

LMAO

salame
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ee925OTFBCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

booger
12-16-2013, 11:38 PM
They found a body. Bitch got whacked in the head with a boat prop is my guess

Titty Meat
12-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Salame here kitty kitty

J Diddy
There's no discussion. You either agree with the masses or get piled on. Not sure there was an exact moment, but the level of respect shown for each other has gone way down.

what are luv's turn offs alex?

booger
LMAO

Can't believe the news ain't covering this. Damn government

ClevelandBronco
12-16-2013, 11:41 PM
The first Bush Administration.

Sorter
12-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Can't believe the news ain't covering this. Damn government

BucEyedPea is convinced the Mermaids are a part of some conspiracy.

booger
12-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Clam licking commies!

88TG88
12-16-2013, 11:44 PM
My answer to the OP was when the Chiefs fell apart, team started sucking, people found something better to do...

I agree with this

listopencil
12-16-2013, 11:47 PM
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/10/remembrance-of-message-boards-past/?_r=0

salame
12-16-2013, 11:50 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-k8S5ovMrIt4/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/21fIMtvWoxU/s900-c-k-no/photo.jpg

booger
12-16-2013, 11:57 PM
Dumb fucking Norwegians. That was obviously just an Eskimo

Sorter
12-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Dumb fucking Norwegians. That was obviously just an Eskimo

ROFL

salame
12-17-2013, 12:03 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YuZ6tBWqsrk/Sqrw4i4JgvI/AAAAAAAAAPY/DfVMf3Wpo2Q/s400/black-white-cat-ears-2T.jpgSalame here kitty kitty

booger
12-17-2013, 12:07 AM
ROFL

Catching the fish in their mouth totally gave it away for me

mcan
12-17-2013, 12:43 AM
I have felt like the place was better when there were no sub forums at all. I've made this argument before. It meant that the dc people (who are often moderate about their sports views) would come in and add some perspective to the football threads. And the football people would likewise participate in the dc style threads; bringing moderate opinions to those discussions. The place was more civil. People argued all the time And still got into pissing matches, but you knew everybody because you got a chance to get their opinion about lots of subjects.

Now that the board is segregated, you pretty much only get extremists in every discussion. Superlatives get thrown around like parade candy, and it's just not as much fun.

That said, the team is doing better and I'm right back here again... So maybe I'm suffering from a little sample bias. :)

pr_capone
12-17-2013, 12:49 AM
since DaFace stopped being a mod... the first time around.

Stalker
12-17-2013, 01:13 AM

Funny you should mention this because I was wondering whether stalking was first used with reference to stalking an animal, in my experience a nice high pointer stag in the highlands, or in reference to stalking a human or both or which one came first.....puzzling

DenverChief
12-17-2013, 02:54 AM
never liked the name calling think out a well worded and emotional insult
i have a great one but not wasting it here

:) well thought out insults are always better

Raiderhater
12-17-2013, 06:06 AM

:spock: Not sure that is something I would want to take credit for.....

Raiderhater
12-17-2013, 06:09 AM
I have felt like the place was better when there were no sub forums at all. I've made this argument before. It meant that the dc people (who are often moderate about their sports views) would come in and add some perspective to the football threads. And the football people would likewise participate in the dc style threads; bringing moderate opinions to those discussions. The place was more civil. People argued all the time And still got into pissing matches, but you knew everybody because you got a chance to get their opinion about lots of subjects.

Now that the board is segregated, you pretty much only get extremists in every discussion. Superlatives get thrown around like parade candy, and it's just not as much fun.

That said, the team is doing better and I'm right back here again... So maybe I'm suffering from a little sample bias. :)

There are a few of us who believe that this is partially responsible for the increase in vitriol. It makes sense.

Eleazar
12-17-2013, 06:44 AM

i think i agree with this post more than any of the others

Dayze
12-17-2013, 08:20 AM
I also think there is a large contingent of people who are thin skinned and take a lot of what is said personally. Then there are the folks who are very quick to flame away. I've noticed that opinions are somehow taken as fact, in either direction.

There is also a lot of sarcasm that people's meters don't detect.

It much easier to let things roll off your CP back. Or, simply put the people who irritate this shit out of you on ignore. It's pretty simple. I don't have a lot of folks on ignore, but the people I do are obvious trolls or people just trying to start shit.

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2013, 08:24 AM
it has become a psycholigical toilet......and in some cases just a toilet.
read and flush

Dayze
12-17-2013, 08:41 AM
it has become a psycholigical toilet......and in some cases just a toilet.
read and flush

FUCK YOU

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2013, 08:46 AM
**** YOU

confirmed my point...thanks

Dayze
12-17-2013, 08:47 AM
confirmed my point...thanks

meter....check it.
:D

ClevelandBronco
12-17-2013, 09:15 AM
This place has gone to poop since X was Little.

T-post Tom
12-17-2013, 09:23 AM
Numerous times I have seen an old timer say that Chiefsplanet has changed for the worse in the past several years. Old timers supposedly leave forever or rarely swing by, because of a bout of forum AIDS. Old timers, what is it exactly that changed about the place?

You changed. WTF happened to you, man?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fWjlBKq0EMI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC native
12-17-2013, 09:47 AM
ROFL @ at people that think frazbob has me worked up.

I want frazbob back and off of MU so I can troll him more.

Bugeater
12-17-2013, 09:51 AM

https://www.adbusters.org/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/images/adbusters_obsession_for_men.jpg?itok=WYa27HEn

TEX
12-17-2013, 09:53 AM

IMO, this place took a turn for the worse about 2009 or so. This past off season saw an influx of retards as well.

What has changed you ask? More people sling insults and there is an overall lack of respect. This place was founded on respect and was tied to worthy causes like the 37-Forever Foundation, so naturally the respect the factor was higher with so many folks involved in a cause.

Times change - so did this place. It's still fun, but the turd / respect ratio is way off.

KC native
12-17-2013, 09:54 AM

Aw how cute. Are you going to take up frazbob's posting schtick and become the next skip towne now?

Eleazar
12-17-2013, 10:24 AM
You changed. WTF happened to you, man?

?

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2013, 10:25 AM

your post proves he has you worked up

KC native
12-17-2013, 10:26 AM
your post proves he has you worked up

Your post shows that you are dumb.

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Your post shows that you are dumb.

yup, you are still worked up:LOL:

KC native
12-17-2013, 10:30 AM
yup, you are still worked up:LOL:

You are bad at arm chair psychology too.

Dartgod
12-17-2013, 10:31 AM

I want Frazod back and you and your ilk permanently jettisoned.

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2013, 10:31 AM
You are bad at arm chair psychology too.
yup, still carrying on:doh!:

KC native
12-17-2013, 10:32 AM

That's nice. Would you like a cookie?

Dartgod
12-17-2013, 10:33 AM

I told you what I wanted.

Are you stupid?

KC native
12-17-2013, 10:34 AM
I told you what I wanted.

Are you stupid?

And I said what you wanted was nice. I then asked you if you would like a cookie. So, would you like a cookie?

Fat Elvis
12-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Too many Genobators pooping on the pretzels and trying to tell us they are chocolate dipped.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2013, 10:39 AM
GoChiefs got laid

LiveSteam
12-17-2013, 10:41 AM

this x 10

TEX
12-17-2013, 10:52 AM

I do and I want Frazod back too!

Nzoner
12-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Sadly, the get togethers have greatly dwindled. And I would guess that has probably played a part in the increase in nastiness. When you sit down and have a beer and BBQ with someone, you are going to be a little slower to go off on them on line. The personal feel to this place is not what it used to be.

Excellent post and sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Nzoner
12-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Since Endelt left us for a skinnier than normal vagina.

LMAO

Katie
12-17-2013, 01:37 PM

Those gatherings made this place a family meeting place and were especially nice for us out of towners to develop local friendships.

Nzoner
12-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Those gatherings made this place a family meeting place and were especially nice for us out of towners to develop local friendships.

Yep,thanks to finding this place in '04 I've been fortunate to meet a lot of new people and develop no less than 5 new relationships that I consider strong friendships.

ROYC75
12-17-2013, 01:53 PM

Well done ..... putting it bluntly, the kids are taking over.

ROYC75
12-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Yep,thanks to finding this place in '04 I've been fortunate to meet a lot of new people and develop no less than 5 new relationships that I consider strong friendships.

My 2 visits have left lasting memories of friends for life.

ROYC75
12-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Aw how cute. Are you going to take up frazbob's posting schtick and become the next skip towne now?

Gee, you are like the little fat kid on the block that wants to fit in knowing he has to do anything he can to garner the attention of anyone willing to look or listen.

Such a sad life to live.

KCFANinNC
12-17-2013, 02:12 PM
...when Montanna and M Allen retired.

MatriculatingHank
12-17-2013, 02:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbjiwfwIIAIqt_H.jpg:large

TLO
12-17-2013, 02:43 PM
I feel like the majority of the people around here have gone full Billay. Never go full Billay.

Are other message boards like this? Or is CP "special" in this kind of way?

Easy 6
12-17-2013, 03:01 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YuZ6tBWqsrk/Sqrw4i4JgvI/AAAAAAAAAPY/DfVMf3Wpo2Q/s400/black-white-cat-ears-2T.jpg

If that's a personal likeness... i'm very attentive, a great listener and i just LOVE to cuddle.

Nzoner
12-17-2013, 03:39 PM
I feel like the majority of the people around here have gone full Billay. Never go full Billay.

Are other message boards like this? Or is CP "special" in this kind of way?

I'm a member on one board where the political threads are mixed in with everything else and know to stay the hell out of those threads.

gblowfish
12-17-2013, 04:34 PM
I've been on this board since 2002, so that's 11 years. Don't know if that makes me an "old timer" or not. Probably not. But I'm definitely a vet.

I like this board because it's not full of rose colored glass kool aid drinkers. There's lots of realists. You get the non-sugar coated version of stuff here.

Plus there's enough gallows humor when times are bad that we can all enjoy each others misery.

The only nastiness I've ever had to put up with is in the DC section. It's gotten worse exponentially, soiled mostly by serial posters who troll there and never have anything at all to say about football. I can see them hunkered down in their mom's basement, sitting on a crate of MRE's with a AR-15 in one hand, and tapping on a keyboard with the other hand. But hey, as they say in the Sonic commercial "If you can't stand the heat, avoid Aruba." I think there's a lot of wisdom in that.

Also, It's seldom that a story that affects the Chiefs doesn't appear here either first, or very quickly. So for me, the CP is an invaluable source of Chiefs info, unfiltered and usually spot on.

Plus a lot of the crazy bastards on here make me laugh just about every day.

So I like it.

Mr. Laz
12-17-2013, 05:38 PM
There are a few of us who believe that this is partially responsible for the increase in vitriol. It makes sense.
There is no way that removing political posts from the lounge made things MORE antagonistic.

'There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people ... Religion, Politics, and The Great Pumpkin.'

htismaqe
12-17-2013, 05:42 PM

Nailed it. Absolutely nailed it.

Raiderhater
12-17-2013, 06:30 PM
There is no way that removing political posts from the lounge made things MORE antagonistic.

'There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people ... Religion, Politics, and The Great Pumpkin.'

There are now posters that pretty much live up there. They jump from heated discussion to the next because that is all there is there. It doesn't take long before you are basing your opinions of other posters solely on their political stances.

Now, mix the same heated discussions in with threads about sports, food, boobs, poop, what have you and you can easily be laughing with someone you were having a heated debate with moments before.

I do not believe it is the primary, let alone the sole cause, but to say that it has had no negative impact? Sorry, I don't buy it.

TLO
12-17-2013, 08:43 PM
I've been on this board since 2002, so that's 11 years. Don't know if that makes me an "old timer" or not. Probably not. But I'm definitely a vet.

I like this board because it's not full of rose colored glass kool aid drinkers. There's lots of realists. You get the non-sugar coated version of stuff here.

Plus there's enough gallows humor when times are bad that we can all enjoy each others misery.

The only nastiness I've ever had to put up with is in the DC section. It's gotten worse exponentially, soiled mostly by serial posters who troll there and never have anything at all to say about football. I can see them hunkered down in their mom's basement, sitting on a crate of MRE's with a AR-15 in one hand, and tapping on a keyboard with the other hand. But hey, as they say in the Sonic commercial "If you can't stand the heat, avoid Aruba." I think there's a lot of wisdom in that.

Also, It's seldom that a story that affects the Chiefs doesn't appear here either first, or very quickly. So for me, the CP is an invaluable source of Chiefs info, unfiltered and usually spot on.

Plus a lot of the crazy bastards on here make me laugh just about every day.

So I like it.

I agree you old fart.

(BTW Jan is over and she says hi.)
:D