PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Scenarios

DTchiefs58
12-16-2013, 11:26 PM
What has to happen to play Miami wild card weekend? That's the scenario I'm rooting for. Epic road trip and very good chance at a playoff win. Playing Baltimore won't end well.

Wildcat2005
12-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Miami would have to win the division

So they would have to win out and the Patriots would have to lose out

unlikely the Pats lose at home to the Bills

CaliforniaChief
12-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Not happening. Most likely the Colts.

Rausch
12-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Not happening. Most likely the Colts.

I'm fine with that.

Please, PLEASE Andy, please choose to kick...

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-16-2013, 11:32 PM
I can't imagine an invasion of Fin fans. THere has to be some savvy ones out there. I have only run across Finhaven dumbutt 12year olds.

Shaid
12-16-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm fine with that.

Please, PLEASE Andy, please choose to kick...

You never choose to kick. You choose to defer. If you choose to kick, the other team can simply choose to receive the second half. This aint Madden.

Simply Red
12-16-2013, 11:41 PM
You never choose to kick. You choose to defer. If you choose to kick, the other team can simply choose to receive the second half. This aint Madden.

same thing

KC_Connection
12-16-2013, 11:44 PM
New England would have to lose at Baltimore and against Buffalo. Miami would need to win at Buffalo and beat the Jets. Considering the teams we'll need will be favored in 3 of the games, it's certainly possible.

DTchiefs58
12-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Does beating the Colts this weekend seal the deal on playing Indy?

Rausch
12-16-2013, 11:47 PM

No...

KC_Connection
12-16-2013, 11:49 PM
Although, if we beat the Colts next week, they'll only finish with at best 10 wins and will lose any tiebreaker to Cincinnati or Miami. So if you really want to play Miami, you might want to lose this week.

KC_Connection
12-16-2013, 11:51 PM
Not entirely, but pretty close. All it would take is another Bengals and Patriots win after that (and they're playing the Vikings and Bills respectively over the next 2 weeks). If we beat them, they're probably ending up as the #4.

KC_Connection
12-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Of course, there's also the possibility the Broncos actually lose on the road, which could change anything and everything.

ThaVirus
12-16-2013, 11:57 PM

Huh?

DTchiefs58
12-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Although, if we beat the Colts next week, they'll only finish with at best 10 wins and will lose any tiebreaker to Cincinnati or Miami. So if you really want to play Miami, you might want to lose this week.

Ya I found the espn playoff generator. I can't find a single scenario that we dont play the Colts if we beat them this weekend. Lose to them and we run a very high risk of playing Baltimore or New England on the road. The Dolphins scenario requires us losing and I'm not feeling that.

This Colts game is turning into a massive game this weekend if we think that's the best match up in the playoffs.

CaliforniaChief
12-17-2013, 12:09 AM
At this point, you're still looking at the AFC West. The odds are long, but still worth looking at.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-17-2013, 12:10 AM
Ya I found the espn playoff generator. I can't find a single scenario that we dont play the Colts if we beat them this weekend. Lose to them and we run a very high risk of playing Baltimore or New England on the road. The Dolphins scenario requires us losing and I'm not feeling that.

This Colts game is turning into a massive game this weekend if we think that's the best match up in the playoffs.

Ravens win the North and Colts win Tie breaker with them. Chiefs would go to Baltimore.

Baltimore and Colts finish 10-6.

-King-
12-17-2013, 12:12 AM

They actually changed the rules a few years ago so it is like Madden. The team that kicks in the first half automatically receives in the 2nd half.

Shaid
12-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Huh?

Winning the toss gives you the option to choose to kick, receive, pick a side, or defer. The other team gets the same options to start the second half(minus the defer option of course). If you choose to kick, the other team can simply choose to receive in the second half thereby giving them the ball both to start the game and immediately following halftime. Choosing to defer means you are letting the other team pick first and you'll choose in the second half.

Teams have screwed up and chose to kick to start the game and had to kickoff again in the second half. This is kind of like the whole "I didn't know a game could end in a tie" thing. It happens, not often, but it happens.

Shaid
12-17-2013, 12:15 AM
They actually changed the rules a few years ago so it is like Madden. The team that kicks in the first half automatically receives in the 2nd half.

Isn't that why the added the defer option a couple of years ago? I don't think they ever eliminated the option to choose to kick instead of defer. Could be wrong I guess but why would there be a defer option then?

CaliforniaChief
12-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Here's my preference for first round match ups:

1. Bye
2. Colts
3. Dolphins
4. Patriots
5. Bengals
6. Ravens

SPchief
12-17-2013, 12:21 AM

Well there is 2 scenarios where we don't play them if we win this weekend.

tk13
12-17-2013, 12:26 AM
If we win I think it's most likely going to be the Colts. The Ravens seem to beat them in the tiebreakers. These scenarios are a real mess because the top 3 AFC teams all lost last week.

I was just messing around with the ESPN playoff machine. There's still a scenario where Miami gets a 2 seed and the bye.

Baltimore wins out (NE/@CIN)
Chiefs beat the Colts
Miami wins out (@BUF/JETS)
New England loses out (BAL/@BUF)

That happens, Miami is the 2 seed. We'd still play the Colts in round 1. New England losing to Buffalo is the only real crazy upset there.

It's possible New England could go into that Buffalo game with this scenario: They win, they are the 2 seed and get a bye. They lose, they miss the playoffs entirely. True story.

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2013, 12:32 AM
To play Miami:

We lose to Colts
Dolphins win out
Patriots lose out
Bengals win out

KC_Connection
12-17-2013, 12:32 AM
NE in their current state losing to Buffalo isn't the most far fetched thing in the world. Hope it happens.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-17-2013, 12:37 AM
To play Miami:

We lose to Colts
Dolphins win out
Patriots lose out
Bengals win out

And the Colts gotta beat Jags last week. Fins would hold tie breaker if Jags beat them.

Shaid
12-17-2013, 12:39 AM
Here you go, straight from the NFL rulebook, on the bottom of page 14.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/2012%20-%20Rule%20Book.pdf

tk13
12-17-2013, 12:40 AM
I guess it's not impossible. Plus who knows what the weather will be in Buffalo, they've had some real nasty late season games over the years.

Still, I was really surprised. If they lose to Baltimore and CIN/MIA both win... New England might be playing just to get in the following week.

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2013, 12:45 AM
I guess it's not impossible. Plus who knows what the weather will be in Buffalo, they've had some real nasty late season games over the years.

Still, I was really surprised. If they lose to Baltimore and CIN/MIA both win... New England might be playing just to get in the following week.

New England is in, unless Baltimore beats Cincy in that scenario.

DenverChief
12-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Nvm

cdcox
12-17-2013, 03:08 AM
I'm going to beat my own drum:

If you want to look at specific scenarios, the ESPN machine is slightly easier to use. Right now there are 4.2 billion scenarios remaining.

If you want to consider a lot of scenarios (if the Chiefs beat Indy, does that guarantee a Chiefs-Indy match up?) nfl-forecast.com is far superior. In 30 seconds I can get the answer: If the Chiefs end up the 5 seed and beat the Colts there is 92% chance we will face the Colts, a 6% chance we will face the Patriots, and a 2% chance we would face the Ravens.

redshirt32
12-17-2013, 03:09 AM
I don't care who we play
Win and move to the next game one game at a time we are pretty good on the road.

KC @ Den would make a good AFC title game one for ages if we could pull that off we deserve to go to the big game.

spanky 52
12-17-2013, 07:16 AM
I don't care who we play
Win and move to the next game one game at a time we are pretty good on the road.

KC @ Den would make a good AFC title game one for ages if we could pull that off we deserve to go to the big game.

Absolutely.

Dayze
12-17-2013, 08:11 AM
I don't care who we play

pretty much this.
if we can't beat whoever we're matched up against, then we don't deserve to move on.

ptlyon
12-17-2013, 09:01 AM
I
In 30 seconds I can get the answer: If the Chiefs end up the 5 seed and beat the Colts there is 92% chance we will face the Colts, a 6% chance we will face the Patriots, and a 2% chance we would face the Ravens.

That's a lot of colt on colt action

TEX
12-17-2013, 10:45 AM
I don't care who we play

This. Been hoping for it ALL season. IF KC were to win THAT game, it could exorcise all the demons of the past....until the NEXT one!

a pp roach
12-17-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm going to beat my own drum:

If you want to look at specific scenarios, the ESPN machine is slightly easier to use. Right now there are 4.2 billion scenarios remaining.

If you want to consider a lot of scenarios (if the Chiefs beat Indy, does that guarantee a Chiefs-Indy match up?) nfl-forecast.com is far superior. In 30 seconds I can get the answer: If the Chiefs end up the 5 seed and beat the Colts there is 92% chance we will face the Colts, a 6% chance we will face the Patriots, and a 2% chance we would face the Ravens.

they can't accurately put a percent on nfl games that have not been decided.

Rausch
12-17-2013, 11:11 AM
This. Been hoping for it ALL season. IF KC were to win THAT game, it could exorcise all the demons of the past....until the NEXT one!

If we could beat the Colts and the Donks in the playoffs...just wow...:)

ottawa_chiefs_fan
12-17-2013, 11:20 AM
NE in their current state losing to Buffalo isn't the most far fetched thing in the world. Hope it happens.

If this game determines whether or not NE makes the playoffs - can you imagine the referee briefing before that game!!!!

TEX
12-17-2013, 11:30 AM
If we could beat the Colts and the Donks in the playoffs...just wow...:)

No $hit X 1,000

Mr_Tomahawk
12-29-2013, 12:10 PM
So who do we want to win the Balt/Cincy game?

YayMike
12-29-2013, 12:17 PM
My vote in Cincy...i think that all but guarentees us Indy unless NE chokes.

TribalElder
12-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Cincy is shitting the bed right on cue

Mr_Tomahawk
12-29-2013, 12:23 PM
What happens if Baltimore wins today...?

YayMike
12-29-2013, 12:42 PM
What happens if Baltimore wins today...?

If Baltimore wins, and Indy wins, and NE wins, we play Cincy.

Rausch
12-29-2013, 12:44 PM
When the fuck do they announce the game times ?

I want off. I don't want to be watching the ass end of a chiefs playoff win in the break room...

Lprechaun
12-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Playoff scenarios
Via Arrowhead Pride

Mr_Tomahawk
12-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Looks like we are heading to Indy.

Lprechaun
12-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Indy is up by 23, Cincy is starting to run on Baltimore... if these two hold out the only teams we can play now are Indy and New England. IF New England loses we play them, if they win we play Indy.

YayMike
12-29-2013, 02:12 PM
FUCK Baltimore tied it. I'm torn, i like the Ravens unless when they play the Chiefs, but i want to play INDY!

Mr_Tomahawk
12-29-2013, 02:13 PM
**** Baltimore tied it. I'm torn, i like the Ravens unless when they play the Chiefs, but i want to play INDY!

I'd rather play Dalton's Brain than Lucks Brain.

A Salt Weapon
12-29-2013, 03:16 PM
So it's either Indy or New England then?

DaKCMan AP
12-29-2013, 03:20 PM
I'd choose @Indy all day, every day over traveling to NE against Brady.

JD10367
12-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Pats win, 4 seed is Indy.

Pats lose, they're the 4 seed.

Ceej
12-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Praying we play on Saturday due to work.