PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (part 2)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Hammock Parties
02-27-2013, 12:45 PM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/alexcassel.gif

http://i.imgur.com/MwBEnUp.jpg

Old thread is archived here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480).

bshmerlie
12-17-2013, 06:32 AM
If this team is one and done in the playoffs it won't be because of Alex Smith. It will be because of our defense. Giving up 30 points to Oakland is a problem. Our offense shouldn't have to score 50+ points to seal a victory. The amount of points we've been giving up lately is rediculous. We aren't going to get very far in the playoffs if we don't figure out how to stop someone.

bshmerlie
12-17-2013, 06:33 AM
If this team is one and done in the playoffs it won't be because of Alex Smith. It will be because of our defense. Giving up 30 points to Oakland is a problem. Our offense shouldn't have to score 50+ points to seal a victory. The amount of points we've been giving up lately is rediculous. We aren't going to get very far in the playoffs if we don't figure out how to stop someone.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 07:57 AM
<B>If this team is one and done in the playoffs it won't be because of Alex Smith.</B> It will be because of our defense. Giving up 30 points to Oakland is a problem. Our offense shouldn't have to score 50+ points to seal a victory. The amount of points we've been giving up lately is rediculous. We aren't going to get very far in the playoffs if we don't figure out how to stop someone.

Can you hook a bro up with those Mega Million numbers since you can see into the future?

I'm pretty sure this is the exact type of post OTWP was referring to when he said people were already preparing their Alexcuses for a playoff loss instead of letting it play out so for those asking for an example I give you exhibit A.

stevieray
12-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Can you hook a bro up with those Mega Million numbers since you can see into the future?

I'm pretty sure this is the exact type of post OTWP was referring to when he said people were already preparing their Alexcuses for a playoff loss instead of letting it play out so for those asking for an example I give you exhibit A.

pisses in cheerios...exhibits A-Z

Mav
12-17-2013, 08:04 AM
I find it strange that I took so much flak for betting that Smith would throw for over 3400 yards this season and now every early detractor I've encountered had him at 3500 yards and 25 TDs which just amazingly is dead on.
Hell, Clay had him there too. Amazing.
ALL career highs too.

Ironic isn't it. I recall getting slammed for saying he would break 20 TDs. Now everyone had him at 25 ish. Not clay though

stevieray
12-17-2013, 08:11 AM
I won't? Well shit, thanks for letting me know I can't/haven't been enjoying it LMAO

Obviously anyone skeptical of Alex once to go back to drafting in the top ****ing five.

no ones cares if you enjoy it.

once? damn dude, did you graduate from HS??

Jimmya
12-17-2013, 08:23 AM
I think a lot has to do with our negativity due to previous disasters in the playoffs. Hopefully the team can change pessimistic fans into optimistic fans.

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2013, 08:26 AM

are you axing him a question?

duncan_idaho
12-17-2013, 08:26 AM
I missed most of Sunday's game and didn't DVR it, so I missed the Jamaal Charles show. Christmas pageants and family stuff. :banghead:

It does appear Mizzou DC Dave Steckel ran the gameplan for the Raiders on Sunday, based on their hilarious inability to stop screen passes.

That said, it definitely sounds like a positive sign and something to build on for Alex Smith. Hopefully the momentum will continue in that direction (it basically has taken me back to where I was after the Giants game - hopefully optimistic and close to being convinced).

Still not 100 percent sold but getting closer.

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2013, 08:28 AM

this n00b is right.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 08:29 AM
this n00b is right.

Holy shit. All kinds of fortune tellers on CP today.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 08:29 AM

Wants upon a time.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Fuck it...let's win the whole damn thing. Top 5 PIG on offense and defense says we should fear no one.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 08:39 AM
**** it...let's win the whole damn thing. Top 5 PIG on offense and defense says we should fear no one.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

Anyong Bluth
12-17-2013, 08:55 AM
So some of you guys are only going to give Smith this years playoffs to prove himself? if he doesn't win a game it was a failure of a season and he no chance to ever win another playoff game??
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed. He's already proven that he can win in the playoffs, and why would he be expected to be judged on the outcome of a game when of any sport, football is more team oriented of the major professional sports. He could throw for 300+, multiple touchdowns, make key 3rd down conversions both passing and with his ability to scramble, and have 0 turnovers, but if our special teams and defense are sloppy- you want to lay a blanket determination of his worth and say he sucks due to a playoff loss when he clearly was not the squeaky wheel.

duncan_idaho
12-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Agreed. He's already proven that he can win in the playoffs, and why would he be expected to be judged on the outcome of a game when of any sport, football is more team oriented of the major professional sports. He could throw for 300+, multiple touchdowns, make key 3rd down conversions both passing and with his ability to scramble, and have 0 turnovers, but if our special teams and defense are sloppy- you want to lay a blanket determination of his worth and say he sucks due to a playoff loss when he clearly was not the squeaky wheel.

I don't know that one win is considered "proving" something. But we've had that debate multiple times on this board.

The Chiefs could win a playoff game and it could not prove anything positive about Alex Smith (< 250 yards passing, poor 3rd down conversions, lackluster offensive performance would do it).

The Chiefs could also lose a playoff game and have it prove a lot about Smith a lot of positive things about Smith (If he plays at a high level but they lose due to D/Special Teams).

Eleazar
12-17-2013, 09:09 AM
You guys who disliked the acquisition of Smith from the start - if he won a playoff game this year, would you be fine with going forward with him as a "franchise QB"?

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 09:16 AM
You guys who disliked the acquisition of Smith from the start - if he won a playoff game this year, would you be fine with going forward with him as a "franchise QB"?

It depends on his performance in the playoffs and over the next 3 games as a whole. There have been some shitty QB's win playoffs games so I would base my stance on the body or work as a whole not just getting a win in the playoffs.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-17-2013, 09:18 AM

Half those guys think Geno is a good QB so does it matter what they think?

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2013, 09:18 AM
He has been damn impressive since the bye.

King_Chief_Fan
12-17-2013, 09:19 AM

excellent point!
That is a thread killer!!!!!!

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 09:20 AM

LMAO You can't quit Geno.

Messier
12-17-2013, 09:26 AM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

Where did you find that? That's awesome!

duncan_idaho
12-17-2013, 09:27 AM

Depends on the playoff game and what follows.

Questions:

1) Who did they beat?
2) How did they beat them?
3) What did the offense do?
4) What did Alex Smith do within the offense (i.e. was it efficient/consistently moving the ball against a good playoff defense? Did the offense perform better/worse against that defense than expected?)
5) What happened in the next game (i.e. did the Chiefs compete against an elite team and lose, or did the Chiefs get outclassed by an elite team? Did the offense hold up its end of the bargain?)

A Chiefs playoff win could confirm skeptics fears about Alex Smith. A Chiefs playoff loss could banish skeptics fears about Alex Smith. Lot of factors there, IMO.

Alex Smith's ability to win a lot of games in the regular season when paired with a great D and strong running game has never been seriously questioned (his two years in San Francisco proved that, at least). It's his ability to win games against elite teams that can put up points on his defense that has been called into question.

Chiefs would need to make a pretty big playoff run (at least to AFC Championship, and doing it on the back of Alex Smith) for me to be OK with committing to a long-term extension for Smith at a franchise QB price tag.

Outside of that, the only extension/commitment to Smith should be along the lines discussed in the Alex Smith extension thread. Something of reasonable cost and that can be walked away from in a few years without destroying the cap. (And even then, I'd say wait until after the draft and FA period to work that out).

el borracho
12-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Only if he can throw an additional 4 TDs and just 1 more INT in the last two two games and become an alternate in the Pro Bowl.

Just kidding, even then he won't fit my definition of a franchise QB. Smith is having a career year and he still can't crack 300 yards in a game and still loses the overwhelming majority of the games where the opposition scores more than 24. Smith is a middle of the pack guy (even in his best years) and will never be counted among the greats. He is not a franchise QB.

stevieray
12-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Wants upon a time.

the day you leave?

duncan_idaho
12-17-2013, 09:31 AM
excellent point!
That is a thread killer!!!!!!

Not really a thread killer... as almost all of those guys (myself included) thought Geno Smith needed to sit for a year or two to acclimate to the NFL and thought landing in New York/that supporting cast/being thrown into the fire in year 1/etc. would lead to some significant problems.

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2013, 09:33 AM
If this team is one and done in the playoffs it won't be because of Alex Smith.

Team game and all, but this is pretty much the likely truth.

With Alex, you should know what you are getting. It's the same simple equation it has been over the last 3 years. If everyone else just does a DECENT job, Alex will do his... and that means KC will win.

Look at the 3 losses...

- Denver racks up over 100 yds on the ground.. over 300 yds in the air... and Sherman fumbled... losing the ball to Denver as we were in the RZ fixing to score. Our offense put up 344 yards this game.

- SD racks up over 100 yds on the ground... nearly 500 yds in the air... was 50% on 3rd/4th down conversions... Our offense put up nearly 400 yds this game, and took back a 4 point lead with only 1:22 left in the 4th.

- Denver racks up 132 yds on the ground... over 400 yds in the air... was over 50% on 3rd down conversions... Our offense put up 452 yds this game, and scored a 4th Q TD to get us within 7... but ultimately couldn't score on the final drive with 3 minutes left.

We lost the 3 games for a variety of reasons and shared blame... but c'mon... mostly our defense just shit themselves.

If we lose in the playoffs... I think it's fair to predict that it will be primarily due to our D not forcing a reasonable amount of punts.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 09:33 AM
the day you leave?

LMAO It's nice to know I get to you that much. Let is flow SuperFan, let it flow.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 09:35 AM

With Alex, you should know what you are getting. It's the same simple equation it has been over the last 3 years. If everyone else just does a DECENT job, Alex will do his... and that means KC will win.

Look at the 3 losses...

- Denver racks up over 100 yds on the ground.. over 300 yds in the air... and Sherman fumbled... losing the ball to Denver as we were in the RZ fixing to score. Our offense put up 344 yards this game.

- SD racks up over 100 yds on the ground... nearly 500 yds in the air... was 50% on 3rd/4th down conversions... Our offense put up nearly 400 yds this game, and took back a 4 point lead with only 1:22 left in the 4th.

- Denver racks up 132 yds on the ground... over 400 yds in the air... was over 50% on 3rd down conversions... Our offense put up 452 yds this game, and scored a 4th Q TD to get us within 7... but ultimately couldn't score on the final drive with 3 minutes left.

We lost the 3 games for a variety of reasons and shared blame... but c'mon... mostly our defense just shit themselves.

If we lose in the playoffs... I think it's fair to predict that it will be primarily due to our D not forcing a reasonable amount of punts.

Pretty much bullshit.

Look Jamal Charles might be the best player in the league, but if he loses two fumbles and the Chiefs lose than likely it's on him. Let's wait for the game to play out before deciding who lost it.

LMAO People are already digging in on this debate.

stevieray
12-17-2013, 09:37 AM
LMAO It's nice to know I get to you that much.

...says the guy who can't get over AS simply because of a piss poor Jets QB.

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Pretty much bullshit.

Look Jamal Charles might be the best player in the league, but if he loses two fumbles and the Chiefs lose than likely it's on him. Let's wait for the game to play out before pointing fingers.

brilliant! let's wait before anything happens and not discuss anything prior! what a revolutionary forum this will be!
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu234/Target_Clan/Smilies/If_there_was_an_emoticon____by_auge.gif

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 09:40 AM
brilliant! let's wait before anything happens and not discuss anything prior! what a revolutionary forum this will be!
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu234/Target_Clan/Smilies/If_there_was_an_emoticon____by_auge.gif

It's fine to speculate I suppose, but I've already seen one post where someone already stated that no way Alex Smith is the reason we lose a playoff game? Really? Maybe he is, maybe he isn't but that feeds into the Alexcuse stereotype that people are trying to shake.

I really don't see any offense in the playoffs likely to carve up the defense outside of the Donks. I really don't fear the Pats offense all that much with Gronk out.

I think the Raiders game was just them losing focus and intensity after being up by so much.

duncan_idaho
12-17-2013, 09:43 AM
...says the guy who can't get over AS simply because of a piss poor Jets QB.

Yes. That's the only reason possible for having doubts about Alex Smith. Sure.

stevieray
12-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Yes. That's the only reason possible for having doubts about Alex Smith. Sure.

thread title?

ya, let's have doubts, considering that last two decades are so freeeeeeeaking great, and a new QB gets us to the playoffs with three games left.

ya, we deserve the SB THIS year.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 09:47 AM

There are WAY too many variables regarding this specific topic to even bother.

Alex Smith "defenders" are looking to paint Alex Smith "haters" into a corner.

"What if Alex wins a playoff game?"

He could win the game throwing for under 100 yards and no TD's.

"What if the defense gives up 30 points?"

How did that happen? Did Alex throw a few INT's deep in our own end? Did the opponent score on Special Teams?

People are looking for comments so that when he "wins" a playoff game, they can break out the "gotcha" moments, and nothing more.

BUT YOU SAID YOU'D BE FINE WITH HIM IF HE WON A PLAYOFF GAME!!!!!

It's obviously transparent, so why bother?

The Bad Guy
12-17-2013, 09:49 AM
Depends on the playoff game and what follows.

Questions:

1) Who did they beat?
2) How did they beat them?
3) What did the offense do?
4) What did Alex Smith do within the offense (i.e. was it efficient/consistently moving the ball against a good playoff defense? Did the offense perform better/worse against that defense than expected?)
5) What happened in the next game (i.e. did the Chiefs compete against an elite team and lose, or did the Chiefs get outclassed by an elite team? Did the offense hold up its end of the bargain?)

A Chiefs playoff win could confirm skeptics fears about Alex Smith. A Chiefs playoff loss could banish skeptics fears about Alex Smith. Lot of factors there, IMO.

Alex Smith's ability to win a lot of games in the regular season when paired with a great D and strong running game has never been seriously questioned (his two years in San Francisco proved that, at least). It's his ability to win games against elite teams that can put up points on his defense that has been called into question.

Chiefs would need to make a pretty big playoff run (at least to AFC Championship, and doing it on the back of Alex Smith) for me to be OK with committing to a long-term extension for Smith at a franchise QB price tag.

Outside of that, the only extension/commitment to Smith should be along the lines discussed in the Alex Smith extension thread. Something of reasonable cost and that can be walked away from in a few years without destroying the cap. (And even then, I'd say wait until after the draft and FA period to work that out).

Now we have a specific criteria for playoff wins?

Just admit you'll never like the guy and leave it at that.

This is all so petty and fucking ridiculous.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 09:50 AM
History repeating itself.

2009-2011: When the "Jets QB" is mentioned, 95% of the time, it's not by the guys that wanted to draft him.

2013: When the "Jets QB" is mentioned, 95% of the time, it's not by the guys that wanted to draft him.

God, give it a fucking rest. If your only argument is to bring up GS, maybe you should sit this one out until you can formulate a real argument?

The Bad Guy
12-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Saints also put up big points on his defense and he lead 2 4th quarter drives. I know, I know it's the Saints since we have to meet a certain playoff win criteria.

Anyong Bluth
12-17-2013, 09:52 AM
This needs to be read out-loud by the haters every morning when they wake up.

Agreed.

Maybe they should watch this, because right now they seem about as clued in- plus it's fucking hilarious!
(No option to embed this video- ya gotta click on the link at the bottom. )

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/17/buhu9uhy.jpg

http://screen.yahoo.com/daily-affirmation-michael-jordan-000000862.html

Mav
12-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Holy shit. All kinds of fortune tellers on CP today.

Hmm. Now you who was a part of the Alex Smith sucks fan club and told everyone how he would suck ass, now want to be defensive?

The Bad Guy
12-17-2013, 09:56 AM

2009-2011: When the "Jets QB" is mentioned, 95% of the time, it's not by the guys that wanted to draft him.

2013: When the "Jets QB" is mentioned, 95% of the time, it's not by the guys that wanted to draft him.

God, give it a ****ing rest. If your only argument is to bring up GS, maybe you should sit this one out until you can formulate a real argument?

I've swung and missed plenty, but it is ironic that the people who so staunchly defended Sanchez for 3 years, and called for Geno to go 1, are a lot of the same people who just don't seem satisfied with Alex Smith.

The act of "SB or bust" gets old when this team hasn't won a playoff game in forever. I know omg, omg, he's actually going to be happy if we win a sole playoff game? Yes, I am.

I'm enjoying watching football after basically 15 years of shit with 2 good seasons sprinkled in.

stevieray
12-17-2013, 09:58 AM

God, give it a ****ing rest. If your only argument is to bring up GS, maybe you should sit this one out until you can formulate a real argument?

sit one out?....both of those QB's suck, yet both were rammed down chiefsplanets throat, when it didn't make a damn bit of difference. yet, here is a still active thread.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Hmm. Now you who was a part of the Alex Smith sucks fan club and told everyone how he would suck ass, now want to be defensive?

So you want to equate a 16 game sample size to a one game sample size? Come on man, you're smarter than that. He's been better than I predicted as whole as I predicted an 80 QBR and he was that for most of the season, just recently did he bump it up to 90, but hell Peyton Manning was dog shit in most of the playoff games the year he won the SB. Who saw the defense carrying them to the SB?

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 10:00 AM
sit one out?....both of those QB's suck, yet both were rammed down chiefsplanets throat, when it didn't make a damn bit of difference. yet, here is a still active thread.

What were your thoughts when we aquired Cassell?

Mav
12-17-2013, 10:03 AM
So you want to equate a 16 game sample size to a one game sample size? Come on man, you're smarter than that. He's been better than I predicted as whole as I predicted an 80 QBR and he was that for most of the season, just recently did he bump it up to 90, but hell Peyton Manning was dog shit in most of the playoff games the year he won the SB. Who saw the defense carrying them to the SB?

I'm not equating. The fact that he has surpassed wins and TD totals that people said he couldn't reach. That's the problem with calling people out for enjoying the rub and success

beach tribe
12-17-2013, 10:06 AM

Of course they are the ones who bring it up.........because those QBs suck.

Yet every time one of them even had a halfway decent game the shoe was on the other foot.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2013, 10:07 AM
He's headed for 27-7 ROFL

Sandy Vagina
There are WAY too many variables regarding this specific topic to even bother.

Alex Smith "defenders" are looking to paint Alex Smith "haters" into a corner.

Oh I don't know... don't care about doing that and have not. The true haters have already been put in their place this season. Just pointing out that in each of our 3 losses, the defense gave away a shitload of points and yards. That if we do lose in the playoffs, I suspect it will be for this reason, primarily... as we have a precedent set for our losses.

ROYC75

Look at the 3 losses...

Truth, it's a team game. As much as JC went off on Oakland, if guys were not doing there part, JC would not of had 5TD's and all of those yards.

At the same time, AS was not responsible for all the points scored the last 5 games, he was a part of it, just as the other players on the team doing their part.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 10:08 AM
I'm not equating. The fact that he has surpassed wins and TD totals that people said he couldn't reach. That's the problem with calling people out for enjoying the rub and success

Let me try it this way. Going into the season we have a pretty good idea what an established player's numbers will be, right? We expect Peyton Manning to put up MVP type numbers, we expect Megatron to put up elite numbers. We we don't know is if/when they have that bad game. When does Megatron drop one that hit him in the numbers? When does Peyton through that INT in OT? You can guess what a player is going to be on a season, but to forecast what a player will do in one paticular game against a team yet to be determined in unknown conditions is just crazy.

duncan_idaho
12-17-2013, 10:10 AM

This is all so petty and ****ing ridiculous.

No, specific criteria for "going forward with Alex Smith as the franchise QB." The question that I was answering.

I assume Cochise's question about "going forward with him as a franchise QB" includes an extension and commitment to Alex Smith that pays him like an elite QB.

That whole post was about what it would take to jump on board with that type of extension.

L.A. Chieffan
12-17-2013, 10:10 AM
If you ever said any negative about Alex ever and are now trying to say you "are surprised about how well he's playing", or something along those lines, gfy.

You are the very definition of a bandwagon wuss fan.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 10:13 AM
If you ever said any negative about Alex ever and are now trying to say you "are surprised about how well he's playing", or something along those lines, gfy.

You are the very definition of a bandwagon wuss fan.

You are

And if you swallow every cum guzzling move your favorite team makes without any critical thinking/analysis you are the very definition of a homer. Congrats you are now a Deb Deitweiler/Stevie Ray.

L.A. Chieffan
12-17-2013, 10:17 AM
And if you swallow every cum guzzling move your favorite team makes without any critical thinking/analysis you are the very definition of a homer. Congrats you are now a Deb Deitweiler/Stevie Ray.

Better than a Debbie downer that shits on everybody's parade because their own life is crap. lighten up Francis it's football.

redshirt32
12-17-2013, 10:18 AM
We just had the best game ever against the arm pit of the NFL

If only we had a QB to suck on JFC!

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 10:18 AM
I've swung and missed plenty, but it is ironic that the people who so staunchly defended Sanchez for 3 years, and called for Geno to go 1, are a lot of the same people who just don't seem satisfied with Alex Smith.

The act of "SB or bust" gets old when this team hasn't won a playoff game in forever. I know omg, omg, he's actually going to be happy if we win a sole playoff game? Yes, I am.

I'm enjoying watching football after basically 15 years of shit with 2 good seasons sprinkled in.

You might want to read the thread, then - because I said the same thing. I want the monkey off our backs, and I really don't care how it happens.

With that said, there's also nothing wrong with people wanting to see how that game plays out. I'm not sure why it's a problem, considering the flip side - where people used the first 9 games as some sort of, "yeah, told you so" when anyone with a set of eyes knows he played average ball at best and rode the defense to 9 wins.

There are a ton of reasons this debate will likely never end:

-Many of the people involved aren't even arguing the topic anymore, they are just arguing the poster themselves.

-Many are absolute extremists who refuse to consider any middle ground.

-The Niner trolls continue to stir the pot.

-There are plenty of jackasses who can't formulate a coherent argument on their own, so they resort to bringing up Geno Smith.

-Some can't even stick to their original argument, and want to have it both ways.

Example: First 9 weeks - "He's 9-0! All he does is win!"

When pointed out that the defense/ST did the majority of the heavy lifting, the boilerplate response? "It's a team game."

Fast-forward to present day. We're 2-3 over the last 5 games. Apparently, it's not a "team game" anymore.

Nothing is going to change here, which is why I've stayed out of the conversation for the most part, along with the fact that AS has played well the last couple of weeks. Let's hope we continue to see "Charger Game Alex" and not "First 9 Weeks" Alex.

beach tribe
12-17-2013, 10:19 AM

And if after your critical thinking has failed you, and you refuse to change your stance because you are an ass hurt bitch?
What then?

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Better than a Debbie downer that shits on everybody's parade because their own life is crap. lighten up Francis it's football.

I've shit on Fisher and Alex Smith. Loved most of the other moves except cutting a FB that was drafted in the 6th.

beach tribe
12-17-2013, 10:22 AM
You might want to read the thread, then - because I said the same thing. I want the monkey off our backs, and I really don't care how it happens.

With that said, there's also nothing wrong with people wanting to see how that game plays out. I'm not sure why it's a problem, considering the flip side - where people used the first 9 games as some sort of, "yeah, told you so" when anyone with a set of eyes knows he played average ball at best and rode the defense to 9 wins.

-Many of the people involved aren't even arguing the topic anymore, they are just arguing the poster themselves.

-There are plenty of jackasses who can't formulate a coherent argument on their own, so they resort to bringing up Geno Smith.

-Some can't even stick to their original argument, and want to have it both ways.

When pointed out that the defense/ST did the majority of the heavy lifting, the boilerplate response? "It's a team game."

Fast-forward to present day. We're 2-3 over the last 5 games. Apparently, it's not a "team game" anymore.

Nothing is going to change here, which is why I've stayed out of the conversation for the most part, along with the fact that AS has played well the last couple of weeks. Let's hope we continue to see "Charger Game Alex" and not "First 9 Weeks" Alex.

Everyone is even more "team game" after the losses.

The Bad Guy
12-17-2013, 10:22 AM
No, specific criteria for "going forward with Alex Smith as the franchise QB." The question that I was answering.

I assume Cochise's question about "going forward with him as a franchise QB" includes an extension and commitment to Alex Smith that pays him like an elite QB.

That whole post was about what it would take to jump on board with that type of extension.

He's never going to be paid like a franchise QB, and he's never going to be a franchise QB, so I can't argue that point on my end.

I think he'll be paid for what he is. A good to very good QB. He'll get around 10-13 million a season if his play continues to point up.

Something like a 3 year, 39 million dollar extension.

I don't see Dorsey giving him elite level money.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 10:23 AM
And if after your critical thinking has failed you, and you refuse to change your stance because you are an ass hurt bitch?
What then?

When proven wrong I'm happy to admit it. I was all in on the Patriot way bullshit :facepalm:

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 10:23 AM

And here's part of the problem - some folks can't help themselves and have to respond when things like the bolded are said.

Sanchez went to two AFCCG's, doing almost exactly what Alex has done for most of this season - ride his defense. Double standard.

Geno? He's a rookie QB, FFS. This place goes out of it's way to absolutely shit on young QB's, while defending the Thigpens, Cassels and Smiths of the NFL. It's a fucking joke.

He may not end up being worth a shit, but writing off a QB 15 games into his career is laughable.

Swanman
12-17-2013, 10:24 AM

This is all so petty and ****ing ridiculous.

It has become retarded and morbidly entertaining. The vocal idiots are at the point of quadrupling down on stupid.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 10:24 AM

Everyone should get up and read this post the first thing in the morning. Too much butt hurt has warped people reasoning. I've seen Geno brought up by 2 different posters already this morning already LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Oh I don't know... don't care about doing that and have not. The true haters have already been put in their place this season. Just pointing out that in each of our 3 losses, the defense gave away a shitload of points and yards. That if we do lose in the playoffs, I suspect it will be for this reason, primarily... as we have a precedent set for our losses.

Exhibit A, Frank.

The Franchise
12-17-2013, 10:26 AM
And here's part of the problem - some folks can't help themselves and have to respond when things like the bolded are said.

Sanchez went to two AFCCG's, doing almost exactly what Alex has done for most of this season - ride his defense. Double standard.

Geno? He's a rookie QB, FFS. This place goes out of it's way to absolutely shit on young QB's, while defending the Thigpens, Cassels and Smiths of the NFL. It's a fucking joke.

He may not end up being worth a shit, but writing off a QB 15 games into his career is laughable.

They're already writing off RG3 as a bust.

It's been said multiple times before but this fan base wouldn't know what the fuck to do with a rookie QB.

The Bad Guy
12-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Exhibit A, Frank.

That's the thing, there are morons on both sides and truthfully, if you're telling me you're a 49ers and Chiefs fan, I'm not taking a god damn thing you say seriously anyway.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 10:27 AM

Geno? He's a rookie QB, FFS. This place goes out of it's way to absolutely shit on young QB's, while defending the Thigpens, Cassels and Smiths of the NFL. It's a ****ing joke.

<b>He may not end up being worth a shit, but writing off a QB 15 games into his career is laughable.</b>

In their defense it doesn't seem to just be a KC thing like I originally thought. I'm seeing dumbasses throw in the towell on RGIII already after 2 seasons. Most fans just don't have patience. Hell, the ones here are already making predictions for why we have a playoff loss.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 10:28 AM
That's the thing, there are morons on both sides and truthfully, if you're telling me you're a 49ers and Chiefs fan, I'm not taking a god damn thing you say seriously anyway.

There are PLENTY of KC fans with the exact same attitude. I just happened to see his post first. There was another one just like it right after his.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Being a fan of multiple teams is creepy as fuck.

duncan_idaho
12-17-2013, 10:31 AM
He's never going to be paid like a franchise QB, and he's never going to be a franchise QB, so I can't argue that point on my end.

I think he'll be paid for what he is. A good to very good QB. He'll get around 10-13 million a season if his play continues to point up.

Something like a 3 year, 39 million dollar extension.

I don't see Dorsey giving him elite level money.

I've got no problem with an extension along those lines, as long as they have an early out (CAN cut without the cap dying). Almost all QBs deals are structured that way, so it's not a big concern.

At this point, I'd still think they can wait until after the draft and FA periods are complete before extending Smith. But that's not a major quibble or sticking point.

I also would have no problem with paying him like a franchise QB if he proves he is one over the rest of this season and through the playoffs. Would be pretty happy about that, to be honest.

What I hoped for is winning out over what I thought would happen, which is nice (and a welcome change, at least as far as the Chiefs go). Been a damn roller coaster ride, though... up over the first quarter of the season, down over the second, back up over the last half of the third quarter... hope we're done with the descents now.

duncan_idaho
12-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Being a fan of multiple teams is creepy as ****.

Not to mention lame and weak.

Oh, my first team lost. What did my second team do? Damn. What about this team that has that one player I really like?

The Franchise
12-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Being a fan of multiple teams is creepy as fuck.

It annoys the fuck out of me that these 49er douchebags refer to the Chiefs as "their" team.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Everyone is even more "team game" after the losses.

LMAO

What a crock of bullshit.

It's been nothing but, "well, Alex did enough to win, not his fault the defense gave up X, Y and Z" from the folks that screamed "TEAM GAME" when he was riding that same defense to a 9-0 start.

O.city
12-17-2013, 10:49 AM
There's just too many factors and moving parts in a football game to use wins and losses to justify a single players worth.

Players do obviously contribute to wins an losses, but to put "blame" or "praise" on a guy is pretty insufficient in most cases. There are exceptions, but for the most part, wins as losses are team stats.

It's why I hate the way cowboys fans bash romo. He's carried a shit roster and put them in position for all those "chokes" that seem to always be on him. In reality, it's just not that simple.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2013, 10:51 AM
He has played some of the best ball of his career the last 4 weeks and the team is only 2-2, so you are right. 9-0 and was kind of meh.

O.city
12-17-2013, 10:52 AM
There's just too many factors and moving parts in a football game to use wins and losses to justify a single players worth.

Players do obviously contribute to wins an losses, but to put "blame" or "praise" on a guy is pretty insufficient in most cases. There are exceptions, but for the most part, wins as losses are team stats.

It's why I hate the way cowboys fans bash romo. He's carried a shit roster and put them in position for all those "chokes" that seem to always be on him. In reality, it's just not that simple.

To add to this, it's pretty ridiculous to state because aguy sucks with x team, thank god we didn't draft him. It's a somewhat true that a guy might suck here too, but there are just to many variables to say either way.

O.city
12-17-2013, 10:54 AM
He has played some of the best ball of his career the last 4 weeks and the team is only 2-2, so you are right. 9-0 and was kind of meh.

Winning is the ultimate deodorant.

beach tribe
12-17-2013, 11:01 AM
LMAO

What a crock of bullshit.

It's been nothing but, "well, Alex did enough to win, not his fault the defense gave up X, Y and Z" from the folks that screamed "TEAM GAME" when he was riding that same defense to a 9-0 start.

All I've heard is Alex played good enough to win BUT its a team game and the D didn't play good enough to win.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 11:04 AM
All I've heard is Alex played good enough to win BUT its a team game and the D didn't play good enough to win.

LMAO

OK.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 11:04 AM

*crickets*

loochy
12-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Winning is the ultimate deodorant.

i though BAN was

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41M7XPeAl5L._SY300_.jpg

BossChief
12-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Is it just me, or do you lose almost all respect for someone that has multiple "favorite teams?" In the same sport?

Damn I hate bandwagon fans.

These 49ers fans have to be the pussiest fans I've ever encountered.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Is it just me, or do you lose almost all respect for someone that has multiple "favorite teams?" In the same sport?

These 49ers fans have to be the pussiest fans I've ever encountered.

Almost all respect?

Nah.

All respect.

The Franchise
12-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Almost all respect?

Nah.

All respect.

This.

I've got zero problem if you're a fan of a player. No big deal. But that does not mean that you're a fan of the team. Don't act like you know anything about the team.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2013, 11:11 AM
They are probably polygamists as well

BossChief
12-17-2013, 11:15 AM
This.

I've got zero problem if you're a fan of a player. No big deal. But that does not mean that you're a fan of the team. Don't act like you know anything about the team.
It's sad that I have equal respect for KnowMo that I do for any of these 49ers fans.

These guys have no backbone.

Edit: equal

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 11:16 AM
They are probably polygamists as well

Being from Utah I guess they could be Alex's wives :shrug:

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Being from Utah I guess they could be Alex's wives :shrug:

I thought they were fatman, pimpcanedaddy and mulletman from THE gif, but you may be right.

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2013, 11:26 AM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/alexcassel.gif'

10,000 posts and counting....

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Let the suckage continue.

salame
12-17-2013, 11:27 AM
http://www.ducey.com/graphics/grologowow2.gif

ptlyon
12-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks to whomever merged

DaFace
12-17-2013, 11:31 AM
OK, should be good to go now. I just pulled over all of the posts from this morning on.

Jakemall
12-17-2013, 11:32 AM

There is a difference between favorite team and team I really like. Alex is my favorite player and I like KC. Been in this situation before with Montana.

As for bandwagon fans (directed at a different post) ...cheering for a team that just won 2 games the previous season is the antithesis of bandwagoning.

Pablo
12-17-2013, 11:40 AM

These 49ers fans have to be the pussiest fans I've ever encountered.You have to.

These douchebag Alex Smith first fans can suck the meatiest cock. They're worse than Pats/Broncos/Fade fans combined.

Pablo
12-17-2013, 11:42 AM
There is a difference between favorite team and team I really like. Alex is my favorite player and I like KC. Been in this situation before with Montana.

As for bandwagon fans (directed at a different post) ...cheering for a team that just won 2 games the previous season is the antithesis of bandwagoning.Are you a 49ers fan?

philfree
12-17-2013, 11:43 AM
So Alex and the Mad Bomber(Joe Flacco) have the same yds/a. I would have never thunk that.

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2013, 11:43 AM
These douchebag Alex Smith first fans can suck the meatiest cock. They're worse than Pats/Broncos/Fade fans combined.

No shit. Autumn Fart, Know Mo, and even the Bronco troll douche who would spam the board with porn is better than these clowns.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2013, 11:45 AM
So Alex and the Mad Bomber(Joe Flacco) have the same yds/a. I would have never thunk that.

THROW IT DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2013, 11:46 AM
No shit. Autumn Fart, Know Mo, and even the Bronco troll douche who would spam the board with porn is better than these clowns.

They are all equal in being pieces of shit

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 11:49 AM
No shit. Autumn Fart, Know Mo, and <b>even the Bronco troll douche who would spam the board with porn </b>is better than these clowns.

I'm not seeing the problem here :shrug:

Jakemall
12-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Are you a 49ers fan?

Indeed

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Are you a 49ers fan?

You seriously have to ask?

Pablo
12-17-2013, 11:51 AM
IndeedLMAO

Sad.

Jakemall
12-17-2013, 11:52 AM
You seriously have to ask?

I haven't been posting as much lately so he probably didn't know.

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Damn, you guys are still so harsh to us 49ers fans, lol.

I have watched every game and tend to feel more excitement over Chiefs football than 49ers football lately. At first, sure... it was the Alex signing that tuned me in.. though I never disliked KC. Now, I like and have kept up on all of the Chiefs players and actions. I genuinely like far more than just the QB at this point.

I really can't understand the level of disdain some of you have, and it's unfortunate, but it is obviously not going to deter. GO CHIEFS... and if you don't like or want extra fans pulling for your team? Guess that's just too bad... Your "respect" is not at all mandatory for us to continue to enjoy and talk Chiefs football here. I feel sorry for your xenophobia. :shrug:

Pablo
12-17-2013, 11:53 AM
You seriously have to ask?I just wanted him to type it out and maybe realize how sad it is that a 49ers fan spends his life on a Chiefs board defending a single player.

Pablo
12-17-2013, 11:54 AM

I have watched every game and tend to feel more excitement over Chiefs football than 49ers football lately. At first, sure... it was the Alex signing that tuned me in.. though I never disliked KC. Now, I like and have kept up on all of the Chiefs players and actions. I genuinely like far more than just the QB at this point.

I really can't understand the level of disdain some of you have, and it's unfortunate, but it is obviously not going to deter. GO CHIEFS... and if you don't like or want extra fans pulling for your team? Guess that's just too bad... Your "respect" is not at all mandatory for us to continue to enjoy and talk Chiefs football here. I feel sorry for your xenophobia. :shrug:Cockchugger #1 Supreme.

Fuck you dual fans.

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Cockchugger #1 Supreme.

**** you dual fans.

:deevee::)

loochy
12-17-2013, 11:55 AM

BECAUSE THIS IS A CHIEFS BOARD

JENKINSWINS
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/alexcassel.gif'

10,000 posts and counting....

Ironic how Gore drops that pass from Alex and Charles one hand stabs it and takes it to the house.

http://www.diehardsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Jamaal-Charles-one-handed-catch-screen-TD.gif

OnTheWarpath15
I just wanted him to type it out and maybe realize how sad it is that a 49ers fan spends his life on a Chiefs board defending a single player.

These asshats have no shame.

Pablo
12-17-2013, 11:56 AM
BECAUSE THIS IS A CHIEFS BOARDWHAT??

That's stupid.

Jakemall
12-17-2013, 11:56 AM
LMAO

Sad.

Interesting to see so many people emotionally impacted by what team, teams or players I chose to root for.

Pablo
12-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Interesting to see so many people emotionally impacted by what team, teams or players I chose to root for.Do whatever you like.

Dual fans opinions don't matter and aren't to be respected. If that's how you roll, so be it.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 12:00 PM
BECAUSE THIS IS A CHIEFS BOARD

Good enough place to repost this:

You're ALL the fucking problem, and you're too ignorant to realize it.

Christ, the OWNER of the fucking website offered you your own board to keep ours clean. Yet you still can't take the hint that you're neither needed, nor wanted here.

You're like the cousin we never knew we had - show up at our door one day with all your shit, asking for a place to stay the night.

Next thing you know, you've moved in permanently, eat all our food, drink all our booze, never clean up after yourself, never say thank you, or chip in for rent or utilities. But we're too nice to tell you to get lost.

In short, you're all fucking losers who have no fucking respect and are taking advantage.

Hammock Parties
12-17-2013, 12:02 PM
I was supposed to start the next generation of this thread at the appropriate time.

I have been robbed.

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Good enough place to repost this:

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/0/2/8/63070028/101705_pujols_v3_5reas0e8.gif

JENKINSWINS
12-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Do whatever you like.

Dual fans opinions don't matter and aren't to be respected. If that's how you roll, so be it.

I don't see you calling out the Chiefs/Jets fans. There's a difference, the Jets fans have been proven wrong and at it looks like the ones that deserve respect are the 49er fans that are pro Alex.

Jakemall
12-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Do whatever you like.

So you don't respect Joe Montana's opinions because he is a fan of multiple teams. Got it.

DaFace
12-17-2013, 12:05 PM
I was supposed to start the next generation of this thread at the appropriate time.

I have been robbed.

I locked it, and another one was started within 30 seconds (that I merged with this one). You can't kill the beast.

Pablo
12-17-2013, 12:06 PM
So you don't respect Joe Montana's opinions because he is a fan of multiple teams. Got it.Joe Montana can do what he likes. He was a football player.

You're just some guy that loves Alex Smith a whole bunch, but doesn't want to cut the 49ers safety net.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't see you calling out the Chiefs/Jets fans. There's a difference, the Jets fans have been proven wrong and at it looks like the ones that deserve respect are the 49er fans that are pro Alex.

LMAO There isnt one fucking Jets fan on the board.

Pablo
12-17-2013, 12:07 PM
I don't see you calling out the Chiefs/Jets fans. There's a difference, the Jets fans have been proven wrong and at it looks like the ones that deserve respect are the 49er fans that are pro Alex.Who is a Jets fan? I assure you none of these guys that talk about Geno Smith spend a second outside of this board spamming up a Jets forum.

JENKINSWINS
12-17-2013, 12:08 PM
LMAO There isnt one ****ing Jets fan on the board.

You sure fooled me. :LOL:

DaFace
12-17-2013, 12:09 PM
LMAO There isnt one ****ing Jets fan on the board.

We used to have a number of them around, and D2112 still posts on occasion. None of the Geno talk has come from Jets fans though.

The Franchise
12-17-2013, 12:10 PM

I really can't understand the level of disdain some of you have, and it's unfortunate, but it is obviously not going to deter. GO CHIEFS... and if you don't like or want extra fans pulling for your team? Guess that's just too bad... Your "respect" is not at all mandatory for us to continue to enjoy and talk Chiefs football here. I feel sorry for your xenophobia. :shrug:

Fuck off. You aren't a Chiefs fan and you never will be.

JENKINSWINS
Who is a Jets fan? I assure you none of these guys that talk about Geno Smith spend a second outside of this board spamming up a Jets forum.

Of course they're not, it would be foolish to. The only thing he has going for him is that he's competing with Eli for the most INTs this season. :)

Jakemall
Joe Montana can do what he likes. He was a football player.

You're just some guy that loves Alex Smith a whole bunch, but doesn't want to cut the 49ers safety net.

You are making assumptions when you know nothing about me, but that aside what do you mean by safety net? Are you suggesting that I am really a Chief fan but afraid to give up my Niner ties?

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 12:11 PM

Maybe instead of throwing around emoticons, you might actually provide some evidence to prove your statement.

We'll wait.

philfree
12-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Who is a Jets fan? I assure you none of these guys that talk about Geno Smith spend a second outside of this board spamming up a Jets forum.

I'd like to see them share their Geno lust on a Jets forum. The responses of the fans would be awesome I bet.

Pablo
12-17-2013, 12:12 PM
You are making assumptions when you know nothing about me, but that aside what do you mean by safety net? Are you suggesting that I am really a Chief fan but afraid to give up my Niner ties?I'm guessing you're a fan of whatever team Alex Smith is on. If he's with the Bills three years from now, you'll be posting on Billsplanet. The 49ers are historically and recently a good team, so you must enjoy having that to fall back on.

GordonGekko
12-17-2013, 12:13 PM

Lol nope

The Franchise
12-17-2013, 12:13 PM
I'd like to see them share their Geno lust on a Jets forum. The responses of the fans would be awesome I bet.

Guess what? We don't because we're not fucking idiots like these 49ers fans. We didn't draft Geno....I've been over it since it happened. The only people bringing up Geno are Clay and the idiots who have no valid argument.

GordonGekko
12-17-2013, 12:14 PM
So you don't respect Joe Montana's opinions because he is a fan of multiple teams. Got it.

You're not Joe Montana, he was a paid player and your ass is just grass

GordonGekko
12-17-2013, 12:15 PM

I guess he did. :)

GordonGekko
12-17-2013, 12:19 PM
I'll tell you one thing, all these fake ass Chief/Niner fans who adore AS, make me really hate the 49ers for some reason. Gonna root hard against them forever now. Never had much against the Niners before...

philfree
12-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Guess what? We don't because we're not ****ing idiots like these 49ers fans. We didn't draft Geno....I've been over it since it happened. The only people bringing up Geno are Clay and the idiots who have no valid argument.

I didn't realize I was referring to you but ok.

JENKINSWINS
12-17-2013, 12:25 PM
I'll tell you one thing, all these fake ass Chief/Niner fans who adore AS, make me really hate the 49ers for some reason. Gonna root hard against them forever now. Never had much against the Niners before...

Good for you. Alex was a 49er for a really long time. I'm not a KC fan but I rooted for Alex during the darkest days of being a 9er fan. I'm sure the other guys that followed him here all agree that all he needed was to be under an offensive minded coach and we would finally see the Alex we longed for when he was drafted. So call us what you want, but one thing is for sure we are seeing that guy right now and he's wearing a KC uniform now.

The Franchise
12-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Good for you. Alex was a 49er for a really long time. I'm not a KC fan but I rooted for Alex during the darkest days of being a 9er fan. I'm sure the other guys that followed him here all agree that all he needed was to be under an offensive minded coach and we would finally see the Alex we longed for when he was drafted. So call us what you want, but one thing is for sure we are seeing that guy right now and he's wearing a KC uniform now.

Darkest days? You mean that 5 season span where you didn't have a winning season? Am I supposed to feel bad for you as you look at those 5 fucking SB trophies? Blow me.

ptlyon
12-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Darkest days? You mean that 5 season span where you didn't have a winning season? Am I supposed to feel bad for you as you look at those 5 ****ing SB trophies? Blow me.

ROFL wow

GordonGekko
12-17-2013, 12:34 PM

Think about that for a sec, you followed a singular player away from the team you root for, to another team, and now you are arguing against the fans of said team that have been faithful to the Chiefs (some have been fans for decades). And you wonder why we are disturbed and at the same time mad at NFL fan scum like you guys???

(nothing against you as a person, you are probably solid, but as a fan of an NFL team and pretending to be a fan of another makes you NFL fan scum :D)

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 12:35 PM
I wish all the assholes that defended Matt Cassel would bolt for a fucking Vikings board.

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Darkest days? You mean that 5 season span where you didn't have a winning season? Am I supposed to feel bad for you as you look at those 5 ****ing SB trophies? Blow me.

No one gives a damn what you feel.. we get it.. some of you despise fans of other teams... whatever... that's your own inadequacies and fan philosophy at play. Your feelings for outsiders are not that interesting. Discuss the topic or you are simply wasting everyone else's time with your indulgent pussification and intolerance of others.

JENKINSWINS
12-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Think about that for a sec, you followed a singular player away from the team you root for, to another team, and now you are arguing against the fans of said team that have been faithful to the Chiefs (some have been fans for decades). And you wonder why we are disturbed and at the same time mad at NFL fan scum like you guys???

(nothing against you as a person, but as a fan of an NFL team and pretending to be a fan of another makes you NFL fan scum :D)

So rooting for another team's QB to do better than the Chief's QB is ok?

ChiefsCountry
Did anybody on this board go join the Falcons board when we traded Gonzalez there? Did anybody go to the Vikings board when Jared Allen was shipped out of town?

Pablo
No one gives a damn what you feel.. we get it.. some of you despise fans of other teams... whatever... that's your own inadequacies and fan philosophy at play. Your feelings for outsiders are not that interesting. Discuss the topic or you are simply wasting everyone else's time with your indulgent pussification and intolerance of others.I wonder why this troll has his rep turned off?

It's a mystery.

We'll just keep telling you that we don't like you and you can keep on posting how you don't care that we don't like you.

Should make for an interesting time.

Your thoughts and opinions don't matter. You should know that.

The Franchise
12-17-2013, 12:38 PM
No one gives a damn what you feel.. we get it.. some of you despise fans of other teams... whatever... that's your own inadequacies and fan philosophy at play. Your feelings for outsiders are not that interesting. Discuss the topic or you are simply wasting everyone else's time with your indulgent pussification and intolerance of others.

You obviously don't get it. I don't despise fans of other teams. I despise fans that are fans of MULTIPLE teams. Especially those fans that bring their retarded asses over to the other teams forums and then try and force their retarded agenda down those fan's throats.

We get it. You like Alex Smith. Shut the fuck up and go away.

Pablo
12-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Did anybody on this board go join the Falcons board when we traded Gonzalez there? Did anybody go to the Vikings board when Jared Allen was shipped out of town?I went to the Vikings board when Matt was shipped out and told them all about the awesome guy they were getting!

Oh wait, I didn't.

Because I'm not a dual fan douche.

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2013, 12:39 PM
I wish all the assholes that defended Matt Cassel would bolt for a ****ing Vikings board.

Most of them defend a trade for Terri Schiavo as our quarterback.

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2013, 12:40 PM
I wonder why this troll has his rep turned off?

It's a mystery.

We'll just keep telling you that we don't like you and you can keep on posting how you don't care that we don't like you.

Should make for an interesting time.

Your thoughts and opinions don't matter. You should know that.

We click on this thread because of the topic. There is no interest in what you think of me or I think of you. I simply do not care. Talk about Chiefs topics, and then, maybe things become interesting. As for my rep meter? Also don't care, but just to shove it in your ass, I will show you how much green I have. And you can take it all away again... I do not care, lol.

opposition
You obviously don't get it. I don't despise fans of other teams. I despise fans that are fans of MULTIPLE teams. Especially those fans that bring their retarded asses over to the other teams forums and then try and force their retarded agenda down those fan's throats.

We get it. You like Alex Smith. Shut the **** up and go away.

Nope

GordonGekko
So rooting for another team's QB to do better than the Chief's QB is ok?

That's ok, but pretending to be a fan in our gameday threads and so forth is drawing the line into douchedom...

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 12:42 PM

Hey, asshole.

This is OUR board, and we'll do whatever the fuck we want.

Don't like it? Tough fucking shit.

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2013, 12:42 PM
That's ok, but pretending to be a fan in our gameday threads and so forth is drawing the line into douchedom...

No pretending. I find KC games to be very exciting and enjoyable. I will neither apologize for that, nor run away just because some jackass KC fans feel they can impose upon me what fandom is. GFY

ptlyon
12-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Pest is pissed! :popcorn:

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Hey, asshole.

This is OUR board, and we'll do whatever the **** we want.

Don't like it? Tough ****ing shit.

Same to you. Do what you want, as will I. The mods have always been accommodating to me, and I have had many KC fans rep me with good thoughts. So you choose to go another route? go ahead... not a f**k is really given. Talk football or just piss off.

Sorter
12-17-2013, 12:44 PM
I went to the Vikings board when Matt was shipped out and told them all about the awesome guy they were getting!

Oh wait, I didn't.

Because I'm not a dual fan douche.

My Ponderception account was never allowed. LMAO

ptlyon
12-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Hey, asshole.

Well being YOU'RE here and I'M here, isn't it really OUR board Mr.Hand?

Coach
12-17-2013, 12:46 PM
My Ponderception account was never allowed. LMAO

Gee. How shocking. :D

Eleazar
I don't see any reason these guys can't be Alex Smith supporters, even though he doesn't play for their team anymore.

opposition
Same to you. Do what you want, as will I. The mods have always been accommodating to me, and I have had many KC fans rep me with good thoughts. So you choose to go another route? go ahead... not a f**k is really given. Talk football or just piss off.

Being a crybaby and immature pussy seems to be the way for some around here or any MESSAGE BOARD. It's like high school. "It drives me nuts that some guy I don't know, roots for two teams. My life is now in shambles. Booh hoo, message board and I'm so mad."

duncan_idaho
Hey, asshole.

Come on, now. You're not a REAL Chiefs fan unless you meet the guidelines laid out by him, because he's a GREAT Chiefs fan.

The Franchise
12-17-2013, 12:47 PM
It's just too bad that Barry shut his board down. You dipshits would fit in perfect over there.

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Come on, now. You're not a REAL Chiefs fan unless you meet the guidelines laid out by him, because he's a GREAT Chiefs fan.

None of us have the right to dictate such things... If the mods decide to restrict access to new or other fans because they might not be 100% Chiefs fans? Hey, that's their right... not yours.. not mine. All of this is pointless. Why make it about you or me? or him or her? who cares? You people really can't seem to grasp that the topics clicked on are where the interest is... not whether an individual here likes multiple teams... or the color blue... or pasta over burgers. Get real.... grow up...

HolyHat
12-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Have a look at the fun I had this morning. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbtULU_CIAA5KWA.jpg:large

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 12:52 PM

Yeah, that's classic. Nothing like coming to an opposing fan's board, acting as if you own the place, shit in every AS related thread - and all the while act as if you're somehow a better fan than those of us who have followed the team for 30+ years. Condescending cocksuckers, the lot of them.

This used to be the best place to talk football on the internet, hands down. But our lax rules are coming back to haunt us. Every dipshit who's ever been banned from other boards for trolling seems to gravitate here, driving off the good posters.

Eventually, the trolls and DC posters will overtake the place, and Kyle will have no one to blame but himself.

Discuss Thrower
12-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Have a look at the fun I had this morning. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbtULU_CIAA5KWA.jpg:large

Which is exactly what a lot of people were predicting the minute the trade was announced...

NinerDoug
12-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Well being YOU'RE here and I'M here, isn't it really OUR board Mr.Hand?

Lol.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 01:04 PM
It's just too bad that Barry shut his board down. You dipshits would fit in perfect over there.

There are several boards where 49er Alex ball washers would be welcomed and maybe even worshipped. I can't figure out why they hang at the one board where they are despised. It's almost like they are set on converting every Chief's fan into an Alex fan and this is ground zero for anti-Alex activity.

The Franchise
12-17-2013, 01:07 PM
They'd fit in great over at WPI.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 01:09 PM
There are several boards where 49er Alex ball washers would be welcomed and maybe even worshipped. I can't figure out why they hang at the one board where they are despised.

Because they are trolls, and know they are protected by our lack of moderation.

They'd be banned for this shit within 24 hours on most boards.

DaFace
12-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Because they are trolls, and know they are protected by our lack of moderation.

They'd be banned for this shit within 24 hours on most boards.

Honestly, I'm not sure that's really true. I've been lurking on other boards a lot lately, and this place has a pretty inaccurate perception of how all the other boards in the world ban people left and right from what I've seen.

The difference is that many other boards have something akin to our old "Romper Room" where they throw trolls into.

Marcellus
12-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Which is exactly what a lot of people were predicting the minute the trade was announced...

Personally I love it when people try to throw out some numbers and claim Smith and Cassel are the same level of QB.

Its like having a grade next your name indicating how football smart you are, or aren't.

opposition
12-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Hey, asshole.

Would've been banned on our board.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure that's really true. I've been lurking on other boards a lot lately, and this place has a pretty inaccurate perception of how all the other boards in the world ban people left and right from what I've seen.

WPI, ChiefsCoalition, Orange Mane - say anything negative about the team?

Gone.

Fan of another team?

Gone.

I'd have to dig a lot to find the posts, but some of these Niner fans admitted that they've been banned in Kaepernick/Alex threads on other boards for doing the same thing they do here.

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2013, 01:21 PM

Gone.

Fan of another team?

Gone.

I'd have to dig a lot to find the posts, but some of these Niner fans admitted that they've been banned in Kaepernick/Alex threads on other boards for doing the same thing they do here.

No one is doing anything. Simply waiting for worthwhile topic discussion while people like you are constantly whining about who is a fan of which team and making everything personal. It isn't personal to me (us). We are generally typing out civil thoughts about the topics at hand and not caring about making things about the posters on a forum. What you "are doing" is typically what gets forum members banned.. not what we are doing.

You really not getting this? Ask one of YOUR mods... he will tell you straight. :doh!:

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Personally I love it when people try to throw out some numbers and claim Smith and Cassel are the same level of QB.

Its like having a grade next your name indicating how football smart you are, or aren't.

Instead of trying to be a smartass, how about actually providing some evidence to prove him wrong?

Eleazar
12-17-2013, 01:22 PM
I believe some of the 49ers boards had to confine Alex vs Kaep discussion to a subforum or a mega thread, or ban people for starting such threads because the fighting was taking over the entire board.

(sounds familiar)

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 01:24 PM
I believe some of the 49ers boards had to confine Alex vs Kaep discussion to a subforum or a mega thread, or ban people for starting such threads because the fighting was taking over the entire board.

(sounds familiar)

Hmmmm.

And what's the common denominator here?

I'll give you a hint: It starts with "niner" and ends with "fans".

They come here to start the exact same arguments that got them booted from their own boards.

opposition
12-17-2013, 01:24 PM

(sounds familiar)

7 years of it... .. . Was hoping for once he'd not be hated on by his own fanbase when he came here but it followed him. Same exact shit.

Eleazar
12-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Hmmmm.

And what's the common denominator here?

I'll give you a hint: It starts with "niner" and ends with "fans".

the convulsive bitching in every thread about Alex Smith is not being posted by 49er fans

Eleazar
12-17-2013, 01:25 PM
7 years of it... .. . Was hoping for once he'd not be hated on by his own fanbase when he came here but it followed him. Same exact shit.

the ChiefsPlanet brain trust is not representative of the whole of Chiefs fans at all.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 01:26 PM
I think if all criticism of Alex would seize to exist they might just go away?

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 01:27 PM
the convulsive bitching in every thread about Alex Smith is not being posted by 49er fans

I could be wrong, but didn't you disappear for a while and just recently return?

You might want to go back to February and actually read what has happened here.

opposition
12-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Alex Smith Did Does And Will Always Suck

That is how you represent your QB and talk about him around here... That's nice...

NinerDoug
12-17-2013, 01:28 PM

Have you ever noticed that Alex Smith and Jesus Christ both have the same number of syllables?

Makes you wonder.

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2013, 01:29 PM

That is how you represent your QB and talk about him around here... That's nice...

Shut the fuck up.

Discuss Thrower
12-17-2013, 01:30 PM

no1curr

ChiefsCountry
I could be wrong, but didn't you disappear for a while and just recently return?

You might want to go back to February and actually read what has happened here.

He is the same fucking idiot he has always been.

saphojunkie
Instead of trying to be a smartass, how about actually providing some evidence to prove him wrong?

Don't be a fucking idiot.

OnTheWarpath15

Take your condescension and shove it up your ass.

If the thread title irritates your delicate lady parts, feel free to complain to, oh, I don't know - the guy who started the thread?

Sandy Vagina

not for me... I post thoughts about other KC topics... whether KC OL, KC draft, other fan's game-day thoughts.. KC secondary players... etc. I enjoy all KC talk. May have started out all about Alex, but I genuinely like all aspects of KC football... and I started to prior to their success this season.

HolyHat

Those numbers came directly from pro football focus dot com. Ever heard of it? Try harder next time. I've forgotten more about football than you will ever learn.

duncan_idaho
12-17-2013, 01:31 PM

Discussion of Alex Smith was pretty fair and even until these douchenozzles found their way over here and started defending their boyfriend against any and all criticism.

Things escalated from there.

These douches never show up, I don't things EVER escalate to the levels that have reached.

BigCatDaddy
Have you ever noticed that Alex Smith and Jesus Christ both have the same number of syllables?

Makes you wonder.

True, but Joseph Smiff doesn't.

OnTheWarpath15
He is the same fucking idiot he has always been.

FTR, I don't have even the slightest of problems with Cochise.

Just not sure he was around to witness the genesis of this bullshit.

TheUte
12-17-2013, 01:32 PM
You guys are funny.

Someone started a thread; Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck because they wanted to stir the shit.

If it's so bad just ignore the thread, Stop reading and posting. It's what you would say to your kids if they were unhappy about something.

Isn't an online forum where you talk about shit?

opposition
Lol, plus you guys are easy. LMAO fall right into it.

OnTheWarpath15
Discussion of Alex Smith was pretty fair and even until these douchenozzles found their way over here and started defending their boyfriend against any and all criticism.

Things escalated from there.

These douches never show up, I don't things EVER escalate to the levels that have reached.

This.

Rausch
12-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Alex, but I genuinely like all aspects of KC football... and I started to prior to their success this season.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 01:34 PM
not for me... I post thoughts about other KC topics... whether KC OL, KC draft, other fan's game-day thoughts.. KC secondary players... etc. I enjoy all KC talk. May have started out all about Alex, but I genuinely like all aspects of KC football... and I started to prior to their success this season.

I just kept thinking this as I read your post LMAO

The Franchise
12-17-2013, 01:35 PM

Oh yeah? Where were you when we were 2-14? Were you here? Or how about in 2010 when we won the division? Were you here then as well?

You only know anything about the Chiefs because your favorite person in the world got traded to us.

Sandy Vagina

Well yeah... May comes before September... September is when games that count start. Did you not understand my intention?

HolyHat

:LOL:

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Oh yeah? Where were you when we were 2-14? Were you here? Or how about in 2010 when we won the division? Were you here then as well?

You only know anything about the Chiefs because your favorite person in the world got traded to us.

.... and?

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Lol, plus you guys are easy. LMAO fall right into it.

So a fan of another team admits to trolling? That would breaking of a rule. Let's see if the mods will take out the trash and make an example.

O.city
Dot go to another teams board and tell them how to be fans.

The end

JENKINSWINS
I don't see any reason these guys can't be Alex Smith supporters, even though he doesn't play for their team anymore.

Hard not to support a guy that was crucial in finding out that we had a problem with our team. He was also part of the turn around in 2011 when that problem was addressed. It's very similar to what's going on now but he's doing it at a higher level.

What he's doing right now is what a lot of us thought he was capable of. Go back and you will see how I've stated time and time again that this young offense would start clicking mid season.

The Franchise
12-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Hard not to support a guy that was crucial in finding out that we had a problem with our team. He was also part of the turn around in 2011 when that problem was addressed. It's very similar to what's going on now but he's doing it at a higher level.

What he's doing right now is what a lot of us thought he was capable of. Go back in this thread and you will see how I've stated time and time again that this young offense would start clicking mid season.

No one gives a fuck about your opinion on anything Chiefs related.

JENKINSWINS
12-17-2013, 01:42 PM
No one gives a **** about your opinion on anything Chiefs related.

Well happy holidays to you too. So being negative about him would warrant your respect or being negative in general? Got it!

philfree
12-17-2013, 01:45 PM
It's probably just me but I think the 9ers fans brought about a lot of entertaining discussion and it was good for the board. Better than the same three people having the same tired debates while they circle jerk over the girly jpeg thread.

opposition
12-17-2013, 01:46 PM
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc85/mjsmizs/as_zps1bbcc82b.jpg

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 01:46 PM
There was a prophecy in Post 116 of the original thread:

You are an idiot Alex Smith lover! The worst type of fan. You go from team to team looking to make friends because in your lonely life that is all that you have, football message boards. Nobody likes you, your not loved. Your a giant loser who wants to marry Alex Smiff.

And Chiefs fans I'm sorry, no hate for your team from me. But you guys got hosed. The curse of Alex Smiff is now on you guys. Have fun trying to rid yourselves of him for the next decade. The Raiders will return to Glory before you guys will. Maybe after Kaep wins 4 SB's for us we will trade him off to you guys and you might make the playoffs with a 38 year old Kaep.

Also have fun being stuck with "Alex Smith Snoopy Doopy fan" busting into every thread defending his boy toy and bringing this whole forum down with him.

Best of Luck

-A very happy 9er fan

For the uninitiated, he's referencing MavericksAce there. His merry band of mouthbreathers quickly followed him over.

Rausch
12-17-2013, 01:47 PM
I think it's great that Smith sucks for years and when he finally gets respectable they trade him off...LMAO

The Franchise
12-17-2013, 01:48 PM

For the uninitiated, he's referencing MavericksAce there. His merry band of mouthbreathers quickly followed him over.

He's the worst of them all. Dipshit can't even stick to 2 teams....he has to be a fan of 3.

JENKINSWINS
12-17-2013, 01:50 PM
And Chiefs fans I'm sorry, no hate for your team from me. But you guys got hosed. The curse of Alex Smiff is now on you guys. Have fun trying to rid yourselves of him for the next decade. The Raiders will return to Glory before you guys will. Maybe after Kaep wins 4 SB's for us we will trade him off to you guys and you might make the playoffs with a 38 year old Kaep.

The most important parts of his prophecy is what should be bolded and is now the least of your worries. :banghead:

Sandy Vagina
12-17-2013, 01:50 PM
I think it's great that Smith sucks for years and when he finally gets respectable they trade him off...LMAO

At first, I hated it, but it worked out very well now. Now I can often double my pleasure each weekend in watching KC games and then SF games. Both quality teams with lots of good players to keep up with. Been a great season! :D

NinerDoug
12-17-2013, 01:51 PM

What other choice was there? Kaep has a higher ceiling, and Alex makes too much to be a back up. Not to mention that he wouldn't want to be a back up anyway.

Eleazar
12-17-2013, 01:53 PM
FTR, I don't have even the slightest of problems with Cochise.

Just not sure he was around to witness the genesis of this bullshit.

I'm talking about today, it seems that when Alex becomes an issue in a thread it isn't a supporter bringing him up

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm talking about today, it seems that when Alex becomes an issue in a thread it isn't a supporter bringing him up

Yeah, there's been a wee bit of history you might want to get caught up on before defending these guys.

Easy 6
12-17-2013, 02:04 PM
I wish all the assholes that defended Matt Cassel would bolt for a ****ing Vikings board.

That's not fair, many of us came to the right conclusion long before we finally got rid of him, we were just enamored with Pioli's resume at first (though we later learned the pats success was much more about Dimitroff) and bought what he was selling the first year or two.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 02:05 PM
So a fan of another team admits to trolling? That would breaking of a rule. Let's see if the mods will take out the trash and make an example.

Trolling is not a bannable offense, as much as it should be.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Trolling is not a bannable offense, as much as it should be.

Really? I've seen a bunch of them get booted after making there way over to talk shit here after a game day loss.

OnTheWarpath15
12-17-2013, 02:13 PM
That's not fair, many of us came to the right conclusion long before we finally got rid of him, we were just enamored with Pioli's resume at first (though we later learned the pats success was much more about Dimitroff) and bought what he was selling the first year or two.

It's absolutely fair, considering those folks spent three years blasting the posters who "came to the right conclusion" the day the trade was made.

It took three years for most to realize what some of us knew from Day One.

Not picking on you specifically, just pointing out what happens here regularly.

For example, go back and re-read the early Alex Smith threads. Almost to a man, his current day "defenders" hated the trade. Since then, they've flip-flopped, and have the nerve to question those who still aren't 100% sold on his performance?

Priceless.

mschiefs1984
12-17-2013, 02:13 PM

I think anyone who has read his post knows he didn't make it out of grade school. Ignore is your friend. :D

mschiefs1984
12-17-2013, 02:16 PM

THIS

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 02:16 PM
I think anyone who has read his post knows he didn't make it out of grade school. Ignore is your friend. :D

If you are SR are on the other side I know I'm on the right one. LMAO

Tell us again how RGIII is a head case.

mschiefs1984
12-17-2013, 02:18 PM
If you are SR are on the other side I know I'm on the right one. LMAO

Tell us again how RGIII is a head case.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 02:19 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Hey, I thought I was on ignore LMAO

mschiefs1984
12-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Hey, I thought I was on ignore LMAO

Awww I took you off it hit me I miss the entertainment of your post. They are a great comedy ;)

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Awww I took you off it hit me I miss the entertainment of your post. They are a great comedy ;)

Speaking off comedy. Tell us again about RG3's "piss poor attitude"? LMAO

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=10271160&postcount=103

Must be really shitty to play again 9 months after tearing an ACL LMAO

Coach
12-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Really? I've seen a bunch of them get booted after making there way over to talk shit here after a game day loss.

That because they never participated in before the game talking shit. I remember there was a thread that was being discussed that no new users will be allowed to talk shit on a loss if they did not participate in before the game smack/shit talking.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 02:29 PM
That because they never participated in before the game talking shit. I remember there was a thread that was being discussed that no new users will be allowed to talk shit on a loss if they did not participate in before the game smack/shit talking.

But it's not in the all mighty list of rules :D

Coach
But it's not in the all mighty list of rules :D

I don't make the rules. I only observe.

mschiefs1984
Speaking off comedy. Tell us again about RG3's "piss poor attitude"? LMAO

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=10271160&postcount=103

Must be really shitty to play again 9 months after tearing an ACL LMAO

I didn't say a word about how he was playing how someone playing and there attitude are two different things.

RGIII's attitude this year has been poor at best. Just watch when he gets knocked down his o line doesn't even help him up. Watch his post game pressers when they lose not what you want to see out of a QB

DaFace
12-17-2013, 02:32 PM

Gone.

Fan of another team?

Gone.

Ah. I thought we were talking NFL boards in general. Sure, compared to three of the shittiest boards on the internet, we have a looser moderation policy.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 02:32 PM
I didn't say a word about how he was playing how someone playing and there attitude are two different things.

RGIII's attitude this year has been poor at best. Just watch when he gets knocked down his o line doesn't even help him up. Watch his post game pressers when they lose not what you want to see out of a QB

Not happy after a game about losing and a shit season and lineman not always helping him up = "Piss poor attitude"

Got it man LMAO

Let me guess? The next Vince Young, right?

DJ's left nut
12-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Figured this would be a good place for this.

Remember Avery's catch where he kinda stumbled and went down? Look at this picture:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbtmP7_CAAABCm2.jpg:large

Avery's hands have betrayed him so many times that he refused to reach for the ball there. He's no longer willing to hand-catch a pass because he doesn't trust himself to actually secure it. Instead he turned, took a bad step and cradled it into his mid-section. In so doing, he just fell the hell down and cost us a HUGE YAC play.

This is a display in how a QB can set up a WR extremely well for YAC yards and how a WR can give/take those yards. Smith put that ball in a perfect spot for Avery to reach out and grab it in stride, make a cut upfield (which was clearly the design given the downfield blocker) and perhaps take that thing all the way across the field for a score as Avery has outstanding jets.

Sometimes blaming the WRs or the O-Line really is appropriate.

NinerDoug
12-17-2013, 02:36 PM
True, but Joseph Smiff doesn't.

Think about it. Crucified in SF, and then resurrected in KC.

Alex = Jesus

Marcellus
12-17-2013, 02:37 PM

Evidence? Like what can be gathered by watching football games instead of quoting selected stats from PFF?

I have all the evidence I need. So do 95% of the long term members of this board.

And it has nothing to do with annoying 49ers fans.

BigCatDaddy
12-17-2013, 02:38 PM
Figured this would be a good place for this.

Remember Avery's catch where he kinda stumbled and went down? Look at this picture:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbtmP7_CAAABCm2.jpg:large

Avery's hands have betrayed him so many times that he refused to reach for the ball there. He's no longer willing to hand-catch a pass because he doesn't trust himself to actually secure it. Instead he turned, took a bad step and cradled it into his mid-section. In so doing, he just fell the hell down and cost us a HUGE YAC play.

This is a display in how a QB can set up a WR extremely well for YAC yards and how a WR can give/take those yards. Smith put that ball in a perfect spot for Avery to reach out and grab it in stride, make a cut upfield (which was clearly the design given the downfield blocker) and perhaps take that thing all the way across the field for a score as Avery has outstanding jets.

Sometimes blaming the WRs or the O-Line really is appropriate.

You should probably create the "Donnie Avery did, does, and will always suck" thread for this.

Easy 6
12-17-2013, 02:39 PM
For example, go back and re-read the early Alex Smith threads. Almost to a man, his current day "defenders" hated the trade. Since then, they've flip-flopped, and have the nerve to question those who still aren't 100% sold on his performance?

Priceless.

I guess this is the part i don't get, those guys - including myself to a large extent, his name did nothing for me - we're simply eventually swayed by what he's been able to accomplish.

Throw out the stats for a moment, even his good ones... the quarterback gets most of the credit for losses and wins both in this game, so when a guy comes onto a historically bad 2-14 franchise and manages to turn them into a playoff team in just one season, that's worth a lot of credit to many of us.

Did the defense carry the load early on, theres no question about it, but if Alex was out there slapdicking it up, even that defensive performance would have been for naught, you know as well as i that the QB makes or breaks modern teams, to be where we are he had to have been an excellent, steady decision maker and leader, someone the guys were confident in rallying around.

Its just seems like enough credit isn't given to what he's done here, its all been mentioned a thousand times before, but in brief... seventh offensive system in eight years, brand new team and brand new coach to gel with... those are three major obstacles to any kind of efficiency at a position that requires extreme precision.

Perosnally, i went into this year demanding playoffs, so i'm content there... but now that he's heating up, i'm starting to expect atleast one win like yourself... though i wont be irate if we don't because we've made such a huge leap in a short time.

Lets just cross our fingers and hope for atleast one playoff win and then we'll all be satisfied with 2013.

ChiefsLV
12-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Asking Chiefsplanet if Alex Smith is a franchise QB is pointless for the very definition starts with the QB being a first round pick by the Chiefs and would be extremely iffy if not a top ten pick. Therefore by this definition alone, no, Alex is not a franchise QB. Just a journeyman scrub. A

Marcellus
12-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Lets just cross our fingers and hope for atleast one playoff win and then we'll all be satisfied with 2013.

You don't really believe this do you?

beach tribe
12-17-2013, 02:42 PM

No new fans!!!

Coach
12-17-2013, 02:44 PM
You don't really believe this do you?

Did you honestly think, at this point in the season, the Chiefs would be 11-3?

Honestly?

I can honestly say that I was not expecting a 11-3 at this point.