PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV SceneItAll Tournament: Round 1, Heat 5

Rain Man
12-17-2013, 11:27 AM
The rules:

In Round 1, I'm going to put up the directions to find three randomly selected scenes in this thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259920&highlight=sceneitall

You'll vote for your ONE favorite scene among the three. The key here is FAVORITE. We're not talking about the 'best' or 'most powerful' or 'most meaningful'. We're talking about the scene that you most enjoy watching, however you define that.

The winners will move on. I'll also take the 10 highest-scoring second-place scenes and they'll advance as wild cards.

Some of our nominations did not include clips. This will be noted. If you find a clip, please post it and let me know so I can update it if it moves on.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yYV5GEDPjbg?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/E38sWuVSEoQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clip starts about two minutes in:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eF8QAeQm3ZM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
12-17-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm really torn on this one, because the second and third clips are both true favorites of mine. They're both really well done.

#1 - I have to go with Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. The genital cuff quote, the Oklahoma yelling, the unexplained trident, the cork fork, the bathroom request, the tire swing moving when they open the door...this scene is pure comic genius from start to end.

#2 - I know it's the credits, but when you combine the weird music with Mr. Rooney, and then add the girl with the gummy bears, it's fantastic. I always crack up at the gummy bear comment.

#3 - Rudy. Good scene, but it's taking on two hall of famers in this heat.

Infidel Goat
12-17-2013, 11:58 AM
No to all three. The bar should be set high...

Dayze
12-17-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm really torn on this one, because the second and third clips are both true favorites of mine. They're both really well done.

#1 - I have to go with Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. The genital cuff quote, the Oklahoma yelling, the unexplained trident, the cork fork, the bathroom request, the tire swing moving when they open the door...this scene is pure comic genius from start to end.

#2 - I know it's the credits, but when you combine the weird music with Mr. Rooney, and then add the girl with the gummy bears, it's fantastic. I always crack up at the gummy bear comment.

#3 - Rudy. Good scene, but it's taking on two hall of famers in this heat.

I concur on every detail

Rain Man
12-17-2013, 12:05 PM
No to all three. The bar should be set high...

Did you watch the last two clips? They're cinema at its finest.

The more I think about it, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels may be a dark horse finalist to win it all. It's Steve Martin at his finest.

Graystoke
12-17-2013, 12:12 PM
"Ruprecht...You been banging on you pots again haven't you?"

Pure Gold.

Dayze
12-17-2013, 12:15 PM
"Ruprecht...You been banging on you pots again haven't you?"

Pure Gold.

LMAO

I love that movie.
"Not mother"?

Rain Man
12-17-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm delighted that we have so many Ruprecht fans. We need to band together and ensure that this scene (and the whip and wheelchair scene) make it deep into the tournament.

WhawhaWhat
12-17-2013, 12:23 PM
I went with Bueller. I've never seen Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Is it on Netflix?

Dayze
12-17-2013, 12:25 PM
we should glue Frazod's hand to the wall

Dayze
12-17-2013, 12:27 PM

:eek:

Rain Man
12-17-2013, 12:27 PM

Bueller is fantastic, but you have to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. It's one of the best comedies ever.

we should glue Frazod's hand to the wall

LMAO It took me a second to remember that scene.

Dayze
12-17-2013, 12:29 PM
don't get online and see "Dirty Bottom Scoundrels". It's a totally different movie.

Graystoke
12-17-2013, 02:00 PM
don't get online and see "Dirty Bottom Scoundrels". It's a totally different movie.

True.

But it has a lot of the same dialog.

"Ruprecht...You been banging?"

Pure Gold

BlackHelicopters
12-17-2013, 02:03 PM

LMAO

DJ's left nut
12-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Another Dirty Rotten Scoundrels vote.

That's probably the best scene from a great movie. I'm not even sure the Bueler scene is the best scene from Ferris Beuller. Maybe the restaurant scene but most likely the Rooney phone call. I don't know how any scene without Cameron can be considered the best scene in the flick.

Infidel Goat
12-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Did you watch the last two clips? They're cinema at its finest.

The more I think about it, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels may be a dark horse finalist to win it all. It's Steve Martin at his finest.

I've seen all three movies and I watched most of each clip before voting. I love Steve Martin (he's one of nine people I follow on twitter), but none of the three made the cut for me today...

Rain Man
12-17-2013, 03:01 PM
Another Dirty Rotten Scoundrels vote.

That's probably the best scene from a great movie. I'm not even sure the Bueler scene is the best scene from Ferris Beuller. Maybe the restaurant scene but most likely the Rooney phone call. I don't know how any scene without Cameron can be considered the best scene in the flick.

There are four nominated scenes from Ferris Bueller, so we'll be seeing more of the gang. We have Jeanie with the scorching case of herpes, the parking lot guys in the Ferrari, and the Seurat scene still to come.

Ferris may be my all-time favorite movie. I'm not sure why, but I'm a huge fan.

cdcox
12-17-2013, 10:45 PM
Weak round overall but a close contest.

Rain Man
12-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Oh, wow. Dead heat. Most likely both will advance as a result of my wildcard process. If not, I'll employ a tiebreaker.