PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fisher, Fasano, Houston will practice today with starters.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-18-2013, 11:56 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Fisher, Fasano, Houston will practice today with starters. McCluster maybe. Albert will practice with scout team</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/statuses/413366679960166401">December 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O.city
12-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Good. Getting healthy at the right time.

KC-TBB
12-18-2013, 11:58 AM
brace it up Houston...we need you!

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Sit em another week. We got the Colts.

Sandy Vagina
12-18-2013, 06:15 PM
The weekly injury update

Looks like most everyone is going to practice in some fashion with Dexter McCluster being an unknown right now.

LT Branden Albert: Hyper-extended knee. He will practice today and take scout team reps. "Feeling better but easing him back in," Reid said.

TE Anthony Fasano: Concussion. Back at practice "He's feeling pretty good," Reid said. Fasano worked with the scout team last week.

OT Eric Fisher: Shoulder. He's back at practice. Sore but feeling better.

LB Justin Houston: Subluxed elbow. He'll "take some reps and see what he can do with the defense."

WR Dexter McCluster: Foot infection. "His ankle is a little sore." Not sure yet if he will practice. "The infection is under control and doing very well," Reid said.

LB James Michael-Johnson: Sore AC joint.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/12/18/5224358/andy-reid-chiefs-injury-update-jamaal-charles-roster-moves-colts

Sandy Vagina
12-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Rt @kkwhb: Reid: I had to kick Alex Smith out of the building in off season so we didn't break league rules.

kevin kietzman ‏@kkwhb 6h
Reid: McCluster's ankle infection is under control and he's doing well.

Rausch
12-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Eh....I'd like a more positive outlook on Houston.

Really don't want his first game back to be our playoff game...

NJChiefsFan
12-18-2013, 06:36 PM

I would think that out of all the positions on the field Houston would have the easiest time stepping right back in. That is assuming he trusts his body, which is probably the biggest reason it would be great to give him a game to get comfortable.

Rain Man
12-18-2013, 06:39 PM

That's my thinking as well. The odds are probably 1% or less that this game matters.

Ace Gunner
12-18-2013, 06:45 PM
ya and it's going to be some vanilla. I don't expect these teams to show much to the other guy in hopes of unleashing the genie during the playoff game.

Dante84
12-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Houston at practice today:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oofP9BzDpek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FringeNC
12-18-2013, 06:49 PM
That's my thinking as well. The odds are probably 1% or less that this game matters.

One could make the case that our best strategy would be to rest our starters the last two weeks.

Rausch
12-18-2013, 06:50 PM
ya and it's going to be some vanilla. I don't expect these teams to show much to the other guy in hopes of unleashing the genie during the playoff game.

Run 4 screen plays, bitz, call it a day...

Gravedigger
12-18-2013, 06:50 PM

I agree, I think we can beat them by 10 points with or without Houston. Sit him for the next two weeks and let him get up to snuff again, we need him at Indy, not here.

Ace Gunner
12-18-2013, 06:53 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oofP9BzDpek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thx for posting. looks good. I'm not sure he's game ready, but it's good to see him in hand drills with tamba

Ace Gunner
12-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Run 4 screen plays, bitz, call it a day...

so, four TD's for Jamaal & Berry gets a sack/fumble while Poe picks up the pigskin and scores the fifth TD :D

MotherfuckerJones
12-18-2013, 06:55 PM
We're still fighting for our slim division title chances. It won't be vanilla.

Cannibal
12-18-2013, 07:04 PM
I really like the way Stephenson has filled in for Albert and the way the line gelled overall. I'd leave it the way it if I'd I could. But you know Albert I'd going to want back out there in a contract year. He'd throw a major fit if he was kept on the bench.

Mr. Laz
12-18-2013, 07:04 PM
OT Eric Fisher: Shoulder. He's back at practice. Sore but feeling better.

is this the same shoulder he was dealing with at the beginning of the year?

I hope it's not turning chronic

Rain Man
12-18-2013, 07:07 PM

Is this allowed? Who posted this? Did Belichick give it to you?

BossChief
12-18-2013, 07:32 PM

He can rest until SD.

BossChief
12-18-2013, 07:41 PM

Better not let Hali or Houston smell it, or we may have a problem.

Ace Gunner
12-18-2013, 08:02 PM

he seems resilient to me. he was moving good last week and the week before. he still needs to work on not falling down though. give him an off season pgm and he should be bulked, better technique. I think the kid is going to be just fine. like real good. I wasn't a fan until these last couple weeks. this guy has quick feet and massive range. I'm talking lateral.

KCFaninSEA
12-18-2013, 08:11 PM
I would like to see the guys who haven't played in a few weeks get some reps before the playoffs begin. I am not a fan of anymore than 1 weeks rest starting the 2nd season (playoffs). I also want the offense to keep the momentum going as well so I want them to keep playing. If JC wants some rest I am OK with that.

splatbass
12-18-2013, 08:49 PM

Reid already said in his press conference he would handle it like any other game. There will be no vanilla.

SeeingRed
12-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Good. Getting healthy at the right time.

:thumb: yep.....what happens this sunday should be a good sign of whats to come.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-19-2013, 01:42 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just got back from early portion of Chiefs practice. Houston looks like he&#39;s getting ready to play Sunday</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/statuses/413755935471857664">December 19, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Was hitting sled, something he didn&#39;t do last week.</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/statuses/413755984478081025">December 19, 2013</a></blockquote>

CaliforniaChief
12-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Glad to hear. He'll need a game or two to get ready for the playoffs...and we're still playing for something significant too. Hopefully the defense reverts to 9-0 form. Soon.

Halfcan
12-19-2013, 02:03 PM
One could make the case that our best strategy would be to rest our starters the last two weeks.

Nope we need to win these games-if we lose-the Donks can coast and rest their starters as well. We still have a chance at the Division- why would be just concede that?

Halfcan
12-19-2013, 02:05 PM
I really like the way Stephenson has filled in for Albert and the way the line gelled overall. I'd leave it the way it if I'd I could. But you know Albert I'd going to want back out there in a contract year. He'd throw a major fit if he was kept on the bench.

:thumb: We have played much better without his penalties and missed blocks.

Who is this fasano guy? lol