PDA

View Full Version : Life The Evolution of the Planet

Pages : [1] 2 3

BIG_DADDY
12-18-2013, 12:08 PM
I think to understand the nature of the problem that exists here today it is important to reflect on how we arrived here. For those that don’t know, ChiefsPlanet was created to get around the vast restrictions placed on posters in KC Star. It was a huge success right off the bat and we were rolling. IMO those first months we ended up with a lot of really great posters and only a couple bad ones. As time went on CP has attracted more and more people who love not having restrictions and unlimited subjects to discuss which was great other than the fact that that many thought those threads were polluting the forum with people arguing all the time over subjects that didn’t even involve football. I posted a poll asking the membership if they wanted another forum for off topics and it passed by a landslide and the people who run this BB were gracious enough to create it and DC was born.

That has worked for a long time now with this almost no holds barred format. Once again this type of forum has been attractive to people who love the open debate that can take place here but unfortunately over many years it has attracted more and more trolls who like using the structure here to do nothing more than try to get under posters skin and will do anything in order to do that. It’s also allowed posters like frazod to thrive here being the poster child of bad psychology. Talk about no boundaries with a strong desire to bust in others and dump. This has attracted more in the like, can anyone say KCN? The trolls have grown as well in this forum in a kind of perfect storm way. What we have today is a forum saturated with trolls and posters with the psychology of a 13 year old psychopathic girl on her first period. IMO this is costing us many potential good posters who would make this a better place to come to and has also seen us lose many quality long term posters. To complicate matters the moderators that reside here are fine with posters posting anything they want about you and your family members short of a racist remark heaven forbid just as long as you don’t do it to them which is now creating two different cultures that exist within the planet. If they think that it is hostile now they haven’t seen anything yet should this persist.

IMO at this point nothing short of a cleansing designed to rid the planet of trolls and bloody vaginas that have no control is exactly what this place needs to regain its former greatness. There was a time when I posted a thread about a family member and their battle with cancer and asked for prayers and support. Today there is no chance of me doing something like that here as I have no desire to see somebody post the nastiest thing they can think of at that point. For the old timers it should be easy to see the huge difference in where we were and where we are now. My 2 cents.

SuperChief
12-18-2013, 12:17 PM
When I started lurking here (in 2008 or so), this place was much, much different. I agree wholeheartedly with the notion that this place is infested with people being here for no apparent reason, other than wasting bandwidth.

People will defend this with the "just use the ignore button, jerkoff" method. Should we really have to use the ignore feature on some of the shit that filters through this place these days?

I'm not sure if there is a solution to this while still trying to walk the line of limitless expression and lenient moderation policies. A clean purge would have varying consequences.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2013, 12:23 PM
I've only been here since 2005, but you're right. Things have changed for the worse.

We left the barn door wide open, but there's no going back now. This place used to be like a fraternity - you had to go through a little hazing and EARN respect as a poster. Somewhere along the way, we lost that - and we have these entitled shits who act like some cousin you never knew you had. They show up at your door looking for a place to crash for the night and next thing you know, they've ate all your food, drank all your booze, made a fucking mess and have basically moved themselves in.

Sadly, all you can do now is either live with it, decrease your time spent here, or leave altogether. None of which are good options to those of us that believe in the community aspect of this place.

As I said in another thread - we're creeping up on the point where the old regime starts to get sick of this shit and leaves, and Kyle's going to be left with a board filled with trolls and kids that are more about "the lulz" than football talk and community.

38yrsfan
12-18-2013, 12:26 PM
I concur on much that has been stated.

I find that I frequent the site much less than I used to do and that is a direct reflection on the content.

I've not contributed postings worthy of publication but neither do I embrace the childish and post useless negatives. While I don't take advantage of "ignore" I do scroll past many posters without a glance or cursory read.

Frazod
12-18-2013, 12:27 PM
LMAO

I love this guy. Really. Once again, one of the nastiest pricks in the board's history puts on his victim hat and cries about how mean everybody is. Of course, when he gleefully jumps into any no-holds-barred fray, that doesn't count.

You are wonderfully toxic combination of raging ego, the eternal steel trap vindictiveness of a jilted woman, a gushing vagina of raw emotion, and complete dumbassery. It's like Phobia and Flopnuts had a baby and dropped it on its head repeatedly.

Wasted bandwidth indeed.

Fish
12-18-2013, 12:28 PM
I think to understand the nature of the problem that exists here today it is important to reflect on how we arrived here. For those that don’t know, ChiefsPlanet was created to get around the vast restrictions placed on posters in KC Star. It was a huge success right off the bat and we were rolling. IMO those first months we ended up with a lot of really great posters and only a couple bad ones. As time went on CP has attracted more and more people who love not having restrictions and unlimited subjects to discuss which was great other than the fact that that many thought those threads were polluting the forum with people arguing all the time over subjects that didn’t even involve football. I posted a poll asking the membership if they wanted another forum for off topics and it passed by a landslide and the people who run this BB were gracious enough to create it and DC was born.

That has worked for a long time now with this almost no holds barred format. Once again this type of forum has been attractive to people who love the open debate that can take place here but unfortunately over many years it has attracted more and more trolls who like using the structure here to do nothing more than try to get under posters skin and will do anything in order to do that. It’s also allowed posters like frazod to thrive here being the poster child of bad psychology. Talk about no boundaries with a strong desire to bust in others and dump. This has attracted more in the like, can anyone say KCN? The trolls have grown as well in this forum in a kind of perfect storm way. What we have today is a forum saturated with trolls and posters with the psychology of a 13 year old psychopathic girl on her first period. IMO this is costing us many potential good posters who would make this a better place to come to and has also seen us lose many quality long term posters. To complicate matters the moderators that reside here are fine with posters posting anything they want about you and your family members short of a racist remark heaven forbid just as long as you don’t do it to them which is now creating two different cultures that exist within the planet. If they think that it is hostile now they haven’t seen anything yet should this persist.

IMO at this point nothing short of a cleansing designed to rid the planet of trolls and bloody vaginas that have no control is exactly what this place needs to regain its former greatness. There was a time when I posted a thread about a family member and their battle with cancer and asked for prayers and support. Today there is no chance of me doing something like that here as I have no desire to see somebody post the nastiest thing they can think of at that point. For the old timers it should be easy to see the huge difference in where we were and where we are now. My 2 cents.

I understand where you're coming from, and agree with much of what you're saying. But stop a second and consider what you're requesting...

You're proposing that Chiefsplanet should employ the very behavior that was the reason for its creation in the first place. Increasing moderation could turn this place back into what the Star board was. And do you really want that?

loochy
12-18-2013, 12:29 PM
yeah, chiefsplanet is almost like 4 chan by now

patteeu
12-18-2013, 12:29 PM
No offense Big Daddy, but building the DC ghetto was a bad idea and so is this purge you're contemplating.

The Franchise
12-18-2013, 12:30 PM
I was with you until you started picking out certain posters by name to take shots at them. Fuck your agenda.

Ace Gunner
12-18-2013, 12:30 PM
LMAO

I love this guy. Really. Once again, one of the nastiest pricks in the board's history puts on his victim hat and cries about how mean everybody is. Of course, when he gleefully jumps into any no-holds-barred fray, that doesn't count.

You are wonderfully toxic combination of raging ego, the eternal steel trap vindictiveness of a jilted woman, a gushing vagina of raw emotion, and complete dumbassery. It's like Phobia and Flopnuts had a baby and dropped it on its head repeatedly.

Wasted bandwidth indeed.

this is what happens when there isn't a dad in the house

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2013, 12:31 PM
I was with you until you started picking out certain posters by name to take shots at them. Fuck your agenda.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that tactic either, but his point stands.

Discuss Thrower
10 posts in and still no "bring back Skip" comment yet.

Unsure if I should be disappointed or not.

KC native
You should start novaccinationsplanet.com

TLO
12-18-2013, 12:33 PM
I like this place. :shrug:

Hammock Parties
12-18-2013, 12:34 PM
cool story bro

Easy 6
12-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Personally, the dipshittery by some just doesn't faze me, i usually skim right past it to the posters i want to read, by the same token though, its nice to have people to laugh at once in a while.

The trolls and lulz guys are the price paid for light moderation, i'd rather deal with that than have some kind of orangemane dictatorship.

ChiefsCountry
12-18-2013, 12:35 PM
I've only been here since 2005, but you're right. Things have changed for the worse.

We left the barn door wide open, but there's no going back now. This place used to be like a fraternity - you had to go through a little hazing and EARN respect as a poster. Somewhere along the way, we lost that - and we have these entitled shits who act like some cousin you never knew you had. They show up at your door looking for a place to crash for the night and next thing you know, they've ate all your food, drank all your booze, made a ****ing mess and have basically moved themselves in.

Sadly, all you can do now is either live with it, decrease your time spent here, or leave altogether. None of which are good options to those of us that believe in the community aspect of this place.

As I said in another thread - we're creeping up on the point where the old regime starts to get sick of this shit and leaves, and Kyle's going to be left with a board filled with trolls and kids that are more about "the lulz" than football talk and community.

The Cassel trade changed this board forever. It really did make a civil war on this board.

a pp roach
12-18-2013, 12:36 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/076/896/Painters_gonna_paint.jpg

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Personally, the dipshittery by some just doesn't faze me, i usually skim right past it to the posters i want to read, by the same token though, its nice to have people to laugh at once in a while.

The trolls and lulz guys are the price paid for light moderation, i'd rather deal with that than have some kind of orangemane dictatorship.

Yeah, because there can't POSSIBLY be some middle ground. It's not a black or white issue.

Oh, wait. We did experience that middle ground for a bit.

From 2000-2009. Damn near a decade.

Rams Fan
12-18-2013, 12:37 PM
IMO at this point nothing short of a cleansing designed to rid the planet of trolls and bloody vaginas that have no control is exactly what this place needs to regain its former greatness.

That would result in a purge of like 70% of the members here, though.

htismaqe
12-18-2013, 12:37 PM
It's odd that the OP suggests that we need to fix a relatively NEW phenomenon and simultaneously lays the blame on someone who joined the SAME TIME he did - the day the board was born.

If this truly is the case, Chiefsplanet was doomed from the day it started.

ModSocks
12-18-2013, 12:38 PM
I've been here since '05 and imo it's the same as it's ever been.

I look around the Lounge and i don't see anything different aside from a lack of KCstar articles and Bob Gretz camp updates.

If you spend a lot of time in DC, then you're likely to have a jaded view of CP. Judging by the names you rattled off, it sounds like that's exactly what's happening.

The lounge, media center etc are the same as it ever was.

Stay out of DC and your opinion might sway a little.

Just Passin' By
So the way to make this a better free and open forum is to stop letting it be a free and open forum?

The terrorists win again.

Katipan
It was a pretty decent shock how much this place changed in the 3 years I took off. But we collectively have been pretty cruel to people. An argument can be made for live by the troll die by the troll.

KCUnited
Old timer takes a shot at old timer in the op, 5 posts later old timer fires back, but its the n00bs.

Rausch
12-18-2013, 12:39 PM
IMO at this point nothing short of a cleansing designed to rid the planet of trolls and bloody vaginas that have no control is exactly what this place needs to regain its former greatness.

Is that your final solution?...

seclark
there's always been good people here, and there's always been jerkoffs. after all these years of (imo) success, there's a lot more good people and a lot more jerkoffs.

I feel that in this type of "open" atmosphere people will try to take it to the limit of what's allowed. if they get away w/it, there's going to be someone else who takes it a little further. after awhile, someone gets offended who at times has tried to push it to the limit themselves.

I just don't think this place is really any different than it ever was. someone's bitching today, and someone else will be bitching tomorrow.

don't change this place. change yourself.
sec

Rams Fan
Let's blown up the abomination known as the DC forum and nuke the posters that post 99.99% of the time there with it!

Dartgod
Big Daddy brings up many good points, but I'm not sure a "cleansing" is an option.

I do think there should be some new rules in place that can help rid us of "undesirables" in the future. Not that there should be additional restrictions on what can and cannot be posted, but what I'd like to see is some restrictions on the back and forth sniping between certain members. Isolated cases are fine, but when it continues and both parties are more interested in following each other around and infecting any thread that suits them, then warnings should be issued. If it continues, then the mod team can force the offenders to ignore each other (is this possible?), disable rep, or in extreme cases institute bannings.

I don't want to take away from the open nature of this forum, but some of the ongoing battles between members have gotten ridiculous.

Rausch
12-18-2013, 12:41 PM
It was a pretty decent shock how much this place changed in the 3 years I took off. But we collectively have been pretty cruel to people. An argument can be made for live by the troll die by the troll.

Yup.

There was once a time that CP itself had the balls to rid our board of trolls.

No mods required.

When we started treating n00bs with kid gloves we damaged CP's immune system...

patteeu
12-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Yeah, because there can't POSSIBLY be some middle ground. It's not a black or white issue.

Oh, wait. We did experience that middle ground for a bit.

From 2000-2009. Damn near a decade.

What do you know about what we experienced prior to 2005?

Pablo
12-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Old timer takes a shot at old timer in the op, 5 posts later old timer fires back, but its the n00bs.LMAO

This.

Everyone on this board plays a hand in it's so called deterioration. Outside of a select few posters like Rainman, and well...maybe he's the only blameless one here.

We could all stop calling each other cocksuckers and morons and post in a civilized manner, but what's the fun in that.

KC-TBB
12-18-2013, 12:42 PM
:shrug:Can't we just all get along???

ModSocks
12-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Let's blown up the abomination known as the DC forum and nuke the posters that post 99.99% of the time there with it!

Pretty much this.

The posters who call this place a shithole are basically posters who made enemies in DC.

Stay out of DC and your perspective will likely change.

BIG_DADDY
I was with you until you started picking out certain posters by name to take shots at them. **** your agenda.

Point duly noted. The recent turn of events revolving around said poster has finally started bringing this to a head however.

TLO
I like some of the ideas being thrown around. But do the mods want to make any changes? I think that's the first question that needs to be answered.

patteeu
12-18-2013, 12:44 PM

I look around the Lounge and i don't see anything different aside from a lack of KCstar articles and Bob Gretz camp updates.

If you spend a lot of time in DC, then you're likely to have a jaded view of CP. Judging by the names you rattled off, it sounds like that's exactly what's happening.

There's as much BS, trolling, and sniping in the main forum as there is in DC. Go back and read some of the Casselwars threads, the AlexSmith conflagrations or the drafturbator rampages.

But I agree with your general point. This place hasn't really changed much since you joined. And I give you extra credit for your point about KCStar articles not being as prominently posted these days.

Katipan
12-18-2013, 12:45 PM
I like some of the ideas being thrown around. But do the mods want to make any changes? I think that's the first question that needs to be answered.

Straddle that fence any harder and your prostate will have splinters.

TLO
12-18-2013, 12:45 PM
Yup.

No mods required.

I haven't been around all that long, but I wouldn't say the influx of 49ers fans were treated with kid gloves. Problem is, most of them stuck around anyway.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2013, 12:46 PM

Yeah, I'm going to disagree here.

I stay the fuck out of DC, but there's been a gradual change in this place in the last 4-5 years.

When I started here, it was pretty evenly split between solid football discussion and pop culture/bullshit. A discussion could get heated, you'd call each other some names, and then laugh about it over a beer at the next CP function.

There's a small group of old-timers that still do it, but we're a dying breed.

ModSocks
It's ironic that some of the biggest assholes on the board are some of the longest tenured members.

Also, there is something to be said about this whole nostolgia phenomenon. Every where i look regarding nearly every topic that comes up in life....It was always better "back in the day". It never fails.

|Zach|
People always loved giving new posters shit instead of welcoming them to the board.

Welp. Enjoy your board now.

loochy
12-18-2013, 12:47 PM
I haven't been around all that long, but I wouldn't say the influx of 49ers fans were treated with kid gloves. Problem is, most of them stuck around anyway.

yeah, seriously.

macericks ace got freaking ROASTED about the porno and deadbeat dad thing and he still stuck around

loochy
12-18-2013, 12:47 PM

I stay the fuck out of DC, but there's been a gradual change in this place in the last 4-5 years.

When I started here, it was pretty evenly split between solid football discussion and pop culture/bullshit. A discussion could get heated, you'd call each other some names, and then laugh about it over a beer at the next CP function.

Do you want more football discussion? Start some football threads.

Dartgod
12-18-2013, 12:48 PM
It's ironic that some of the biggest assholes on the board are some of the longest tenured members.

Also, there is something to be said about this whole nostolgia phenomenon. Every where i look regarding nearly every topic that comes up in life....It was always better "back in the day". It never fails.

HEY! :cuss:

ChiefsCountry

I stay the **** out of DC, but there's been a gradual change in this place in the last 4-5 years.

2009, I hate to be a broken record but that was the year. Judging by the neg rep and other factors that was when it started to get real nasty around here.

ct
the problem is there is no solution

who decides those to purge and those to remain? what criteria? why bother when it'll be right back to mayhem in a matter of months, if not weeks?

I've also been around since the dawn of time, i'm just not near the activity level of most others

I long since accepted filtering thru the muck to get anything of value here. I've also quietly abandoned this place many times, only to return come training camp or draft season, cause this still remains the #1 site for collective information, even if 50% of it (being quite generous) is complete trollish crap.

anyway, i'm w/ ya BD, but agree the named callout was not a point in your favor for the cause

TLO
yeah, seriously.

macericks ace got freaking ROASTED about the porno and deadbeat dad thing and he still stuck around

Black Bob is another prime example.

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2013, 12:49 PM
What do you know about what we experienced prior to 2005?

You're right.

Those that were here between 2000-2005 NEVER talk about those years, and there certainly isn't an archive you can go back and read.

|Zach|

This is true.

Rausch

That happens when half your board is 35+...

OnTheWarpath15
12-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Yup.

No mods required.

BINGO.

J Diddy
LMAO

This.

Everyone on this board plays a hand in it's so called deterioration. Outside of a select few posters like Rainman, and well...maybe he's the only blameless one here.

We could all stop calling each other one who sucks the peniss and morons and post in a civilized manner, but what's the fun in that.

Okay I'll start.

You are not one who sucks the penis.

Pablo
2009, I hate to be a broken record but that was the year. Judging by the neg rep and other factors that was when it started to get real nasty around here.It absolutely was. The football threads were as bad as the bullshit you'd read in DC. And some of them still are.

patteeu
One thing that hasn't changed since I've been here is the constant call for more moderation (but usually only on the other guys). There are plenty of places you can get that, so if that's what you really want, why not find a new place?

Rausch
12-18-2013, 12:51 PM

I really don't understand what they get out of this relationship...

Pablo
Okay I'll start.

You are not one who sucks the penis.And you are not teh m0r0n.

Wow, this feels good guys.

Bugeater
People always loved giving new posters shit instead of welcoming them to the board.

Once again, Zach is full of shit. The only person who ever gave n00bs shit just because they were n00bs was Skip, and he's been gone for 4 fucking years now.

J Diddy
That happens when half your board is 35+...

I'm not sure what you mean by that. We're getting old and grouchy?

If you didn't have your metamucil you'd be grouchy too!

patteeu
You're right.

Those that were here between 2000-2005 NEVER talk about those years, and there certainly isn't an archive you can go back and read.

Since you mischaracterized it, I assume you haven't bothered to read them.

J Diddy
12-18-2013, 12:52 PM
And you are not teh m0r0n.

Wow, this feels good guys.

It's like a hug on teh internet.

No homo hug of course.

htismaqe
12-18-2013, 12:52 PM

Nostalgia is a fundamental part of human nature. You won't ever get rid of it.

teedubya
12-18-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm gonna start being a bigger asshole, starting today! This is inspiring stuff! I feel so alive!

Fuck you cocksuckers!!

:facepalm:

What have I done!!??

BIG_DADDY
Is that your final solution?...

Times change, situations change. When looking at the BB I think all of us only see our own perspective on how we would like it to be and how it would thrive or we wouldn't have posted here that long. I see this place thriving as a football centric sight with open communication in different areas and freedom of expression but only to a point. What it's turned into is a cesspool of trolls and adult males with the psychology of a 13 year old girl on her period. If that is to be the future of CP then so be it but to me it but to me that would be a shame.

htismaqe
2009, I hate to be a broken record but that was the year. Judging by the neg rep and other factors that was when it started to get real nasty around here.

Pioli and Cassel.

As I mentioned in another thread, it's a big reason why the 49er guys get treated the way they do.

J Diddy
Nostalgia is a fundamental part of human nature. You won't ever get rid of it.

I disagree. God gave us booze to get rid of old memories.

Works pretty well.

KC native
12-18-2013, 12:54 PM

this

Rausch
I'm not sure what you mean by that. We're getting old and grouchy?

If you didn't have your metamucil you'd be grouchy too!

2 capsules of psyllium fiber with every meal...:D

ModSocks
Once again, Zach is full of shit. The only person who ever gave n00bs shit just because they were n00bs was Skip, and he's been gone for 4 ****ing years now.

Uh....nah man.

This place use to ALWAYS give noobs shit. It was tradition. I remember that pretty damn well. Only recently has that died down.

Hell, the first 4-5 reps i ever received on this board were neg reps.

Katipan
12-18-2013, 12:55 PM
this

You don't get an opinion on this. You don't care about this place or anyone here.

BIG_DADDY
No offense Big Daddy, but building the DC ghetto was a bad idea and so is this purge you're contemplating.

I completely disagree. Post a poll on how many people would want to merge the forums. Epic fail.

patteeu

Yep. It's probably pretty fun being part of a mob, but it's often not fun taking your own medicine.

|Zach|
Once again, Zach is full of shit. The only person who ever gave n00bs shit just because they were n00bs was Skip, and he's been gone for 4 ****ing years now.

Ridiculous.

Oh well. I think it is funny how horrible this place is. So I think we should just keep on keeping on!

htismaqe
I really don't understand what they get out of this relationship...

Positive reinforcement.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/98/Stuart_Smalley.jpg/300px-Stuart_Smalley.jpg

J Diddy
I'm gonna start being a bigger asshole, starting today! This is inspiring stuff! I feel so alive!

**** you one who sucks the peniss!!

What have I done!!??

I don't think anybody reads your posts anyway. It's hard to with up close tittahs every 5 seconds.

It tis the best kind of distraction.

Fairplay
12-18-2013, 12:56 PM
What it's turned into is a cesspool of trolls and adult males with the psychology of a 13 year old girl on her period. If that is to be the future of CP then so be it but to me it but to me that would be a shame.

KCN comes to mind BD, its sad.

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2013, 12:56 PM
One thing that hasn't changed since I've been here is the constant call for more moderation (but usually only on the other guys). There are plenty of places you can get that, so if that's what you really want, why not find a new place?

This is so true. If there is one huge difference it's the number of people constantly calling for bannings. It's like phognet.

htismaqe
12-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Uh....nah man.

This place use to ALWAYS give noobs shit. It was tradition. I remember that pretty damn well. Only recently has that died down.

This place ALWAYS treated good football takes with respect, regardless of who they came from.

There was a time when nobody even realized who was a n00b and who wasn't...

TLO
I don't think anybody reads your posts anyway. It's hard to with up close tittahs every 5 seconds.

It tis the best kind of distraction.

LMAO

J Diddy
2 capsules of psyllium fiber with every meal...:D

I'm on a strict shredded wheat diet myself.

milkman

Works pretty well.

I think senility will prove to be the real cure.

patteeu
12-18-2013, 12:58 PM
I completely disagree. Post a poll on how many people would want to merge the forums. Epic fail.

Most of the people here have never experience a fully merged CP so I don't think that's a very good test. All I know is that you got your wish, you're still not happy, and you're still blaming other people despite being in the middle of it yourself.

Rams Fan
KCN comes to mind BD, its sad.

Why can't other people have the ability to start threads on reflecting on CP, goddammit?

htismaqe
I long since accepted filtering thru the muck to get anything of value here. I've also quietly abandoned this place many times, only to return come training camp or draft season, cause this still remains the #1 site for collective information, even if 50% of it (being quite generous) is complete trollish crap.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Bugeater
12-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Ridiculous.

Oh well. I think it is funny how horrible this place is. So I think we should just keep on keeping on!
OMG IT'S SO HORRIBLE BUT I COME HERE EVERY DAY!

Leave if it's so fucking bad and full of shitty people. No one will miss you or your stupid soccer threads.

ChiTown
Meh, I still LOVE this place. I don't post nearly as often, but the enjoyment this site brings to me hasn't lessened. It's just different - mainly because we have a massive amount of members vs the early years of this board. It's all good, my brothers. It's just a message board that subs as a bar. Stop worrying about the small stuff, and belly up and have another!

ELE!

Pablo
Why can't other people have the ability to start threads on reflecting on CP, goddammit?LMAO

That was a hilarious thread. Definitely a grown man thread.

J Diddy
This place ALWAYS treated good football takes with respect, regardless of who they came from.

There was a time when nobody even realized who was a n00b and who wasn't...

We were all noobs. We all liked boobs and doobs.
Now that we're old, our peckers don't grow.
so we just fling at the boobs.

RealSNR
12-18-2013, 01:00 PM
It was all intelligently designed by Austin Chief. Where we are now as Chiefs Planeteers is exactly where Austin Chief wants us to be, and that's good enough for me. He has a plan for all of us, and if we trust in him and his mods, we will live in a glorious community, where Drafturbator and True Fan alike will live in peace and harmony

OnTheWarpath15
Uh....nah man.

Exactly.

It was like an initiation. You figured out quick who had thick skin and the ability to debate using stats and evidence, and those who didn't/couldn't.

As a n00b, I wanted to be part of these kick-ass discussions and learn more about the game - so it motivated me to do my homework before just randomly throwing out some bullshit.

You certainly don't see that anymore.

Zebedee DuBois
Good Lord!

This place hasn't changed a bit since the beginning. Just a bigger crowd, with more of every type of poster.

J Diddy
I think senility will prove to be the real cure.

Personally, I'm looking forward to it. It'll be like escaping the matrix.

ModSocks
12-18-2013, 01:01 PM
As fas as KCNative goes, i feel like he's a monster that CP created.

I don't remember his early posts being particularly vile and tbh, he never really stood out. He seems to get worse and worse by the week which says to me that it's a role he's grown to love.

patteeu

Do you want more football discussion? Start some football threads.

... and then when the thread gets going, don't be nasty to people who disagree with you even if you are sure you're right and they're wrong and even if you have the power of the mob at your back.

KC native
You don't get an opinion on this. You don't care about this place or anyone here.

I love this place. It's fun.

Is this more of you trying to insult me? You should try harder or just stop.

J Diddy
12-18-2013, 01:02 PM
It was all intelligently designed by Austin Chief. Where we are now as Chiefs Planeteers is exactly where Austin Chief wants us to be, and that's good enough for me. He has a plan for all of us, and if we trust in him and his mods, we will live in a glorious community, where Drafturbator and True Fan alike will live in peace and harmony

Amen!

(Where's the offering plate? I gots to save my soul, brother!)

ct

chris616?

|Zach|
OMG IT'S SO HORRIBLE BUT I COME HERE EVERY DAY!

Leave if it's so ****ing bad and full of shitty people. No one will miss you or your stupid soccer threads.

I am not complaining about how bad it is. You seem to be reading my posts incorrectly.

J Diddy

I don't remember his early posts being particularly vile and tbh, he never really stood out. He seems to get worse and worse by the week which says to me that it's a role he's grown to love.

Attention craved at home, me thinks.

Needs to get a woman or rub one off.

Katipan
12-18-2013, 01:03 PM
I love this place. It's fun.

Like domestic assault!

loochy
... and then when the thread gets going, don't be nasty to people who disagree with you even if you are sure you're right and they're wrong and even if you have the power of the mob at your back.

WHAT?!?! YOU DON'T THINK ALEX SMITH IS THE WORST QB TO EVER SUIT UP FOR THE CHUEFS?!?!?! DIE IN A FIRE!

OMG YOU DON'T THINK ALEX SMITH WILL SINGLE HANDEDLY WIN US A SUPER BOWL? YOU ARE A HATER AND AN IDIOT.

htismaqe
Good Lord!

This place hasn't changed a bit since the beginning. Just a bigger crowd, with more of every type of poster.

The quality of the football discussion has gone downhill dramatically. Sorry, but it has.

ModSocks
We were all noobs. We all liked boobs and doobs.
Now that we're old, our peckers don't grow.
so we just fling at the boobs.

Poetry is also something missing from this generation of CP.

I remember reading some pretty creative stuff back in the day.

Bugeater
Exactly.

It was like an initiation. You figured out quick who had thick skin and the ability to debate using stats and evidence, and those who didn't/couldn't.

As a n00b, I wanted to be part of these kick-ass discussions and learn more about the game - so it motivated me to do my homework before just randomly throwing out some bullshit.

You certainly don't see that anymore.
Yes, if you showed up here with your guns blazing, you were going to be called on it. But the vast majority slip in pretty quietly and without incident. It's not like we see someone with a single digit post count and immediately start piling on like Zach is implying. That doesn't happen.

|Zach|
Bugeater. So mad.

ct
12-18-2013, 01:04 PM
it may be a dirty planet, which we destroy more and more each day, but it's the only home we got

Ace Gunner
I blame it on the noobs /can't cope with failure

OnTheWarpath15
The quality of the football discussion has gone downhill dramatically. Sorry, but it has.

This.

|Zach|
WHAT?!?! YOU DON'T THINK ALEX SMITH IS THE WORST QB TO EVER SUIT UP FOR THE CHUEFS?!?!?! DIE IN A FIRE?

OMG YOU DON'T THINK ALEX SMITH WILL SINGLE HANDEDLY WIN US A SUPER BOWL? YOU ARE A HATER AND AN IDIOT.

LMAO

Katipan

Hehehehehe THIS

patteeu

That's easy to diagnose. Matt Cassel turned many of his CP critics into foaming-mouthed idiots who employed a scorched earth approach to dealing with the people who were willing to wait and see. Because of DC, of course.

ChiefsCountry
12-18-2013, 01:05 PM

Give it couple of months and draft planet kicks in. We still get a lot of good discussion over there.

ChiTown
12-18-2013, 01:05 PM

Again, a numbers game. The more you add, the more you typically dilute the conversation.

htismaqe
12-18-2013, 01:07 PM
That's easy to diagnose. Matt Cassel turned many of his CP critics into foaming-mouthed idiots who employed a scorched earth approach to dealing with the people who were willing to wait and see. Because of DC, of course.

The people that were willing to "wait and see" used the same methodology by and large.

DC isn't a cause, it's a symptom.

Our society lost any sense of a middle ground a long, long time ago.

KC Dan
It was all intelligently designed by Austin Chief. Where we are now as Chiefs Planeteers is exactly where Austin Chief wants us to be, and that's good enough for me. He has a plan for all of us, and if we trust in him and his mods, we will live in a glorious community, where Drafturbator and True Fan alike will live in peace and harmonySuckup! LMAO

KC native

I'm no worse than I have been. Since bitch tits likes to blame everyone for his inability to control himself, his sycophants have decided to latch onto me and blame me for frazbob's lack of self control.

Look at who is doing the complaining (aside from BD who is just a moron) they're all frazbob's friends. The comments are almost all the same. "I like Tim. If he had this happen then KC native should be in the same situation." It's quite ridiculous so I'm just playing into the ridiculousness of the situation.

htismaqe
Again, a numbers game. The more you add, the more you typically dilute the conversation.

True.

J Diddy
12-18-2013, 01:08 PM
You should start novaccinationsplanet.com

You need to get some pooh tang.

Try poohtangclan.com. They got all the honeys.

OnTheWarpath15
Yes, if you showed up here with your guns blazing, you were going to be called on it. But the vast majority slip in pretty quietly and without incident. It's not like we see someone with a single digit post count and immediately start piling on like Zach is implying. That doesn't happen.

Agree completely with the bold.

Do not agree that the vast majority slip in and out quietly and without incident.

I think the majority of new posters, specifically in the last year or two fit the "guns-a-blazin" criteria to a T - which has resulted in more pile-ons and "mob mentality" - though it's been deserved.

Zebedee DuBois

The football discussion is just as bipolar as the Grbac/Gannon days. -although I will agree that the voices of those that can discuss football non-emotionally get drowned out pretty quickly.

saphojunkie
If anything is bringing down Chiefsplanet it is dumb**** threads like this started by people who think they have ownership of an internet message board based on seniority.

I'd take Sorter over almost any of you old fat racist ****s with 40k posts. Except for Clay. Even though I mostly despise every single thing he posts, he adds tremendous value with his Skip Baylessery.

KC native
12-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Attention craved at home, me thinks.

Needs to get a woman or rub one off.

I'm married. Try again hobbit.

KC native
If anything is bringing down Chiefsplanet it is dumbfuck threads like this started by people who think they have ownership of an internet message board based on seniority.

I'd take Sorter over almost any of you old fat racist fucks with 40k posts.

this too

Rausch

Works pretty well.

You can't get rid of old memories - booze just helps you not give a fuck.

It's like a psychological pain killer + party starter...

Ace Gunner
12-18-2013, 01:10 PM

I believe you have "discussion" confused with "kissing my ass". hence;

The quality of the kissing my ass has gone downhill dramatically.

there.

J Diddy
Give it couple of months and draft planet kicks in. We still get a lot of good discussion over there.

Your optimism is duly noted; however, in the midst of a good season following the abortion of the past horrible years, I'm just curious as to why we can't just enjoy this ride?

KC native
WHAT?!?! YOU DON'T THINK ALEX SMITH IS THE WORST QB TO EVER SUIT UP FOR THE CHUEFS?!?!?! DIE IN A FIRE!

JFC YOU'RE A MORON. HOW COULD YOU TAKE A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND. IT'S TOO RISKY.

JFC YOU'RE A MORON HOW COULD YOU TAKE A RT AT 1.1

Eleazar
12-18-2013, 01:11 PM
There's as much BS, trolling, and sniping in the main forum as there is in DC. Go back and read some of the Casselwars threads, the AlexSmith conflagrations or the drafturbator rampages.

That's a good point.

I think the posters in The Lounge love to call D.C. a "cesspool", but The Lounge is just as nasty and full of rancor. Probably more so.

The Lounge is a cesspool.

Ace Gunner
If anything is bringing down Chiefsplanet it is dumb**** threads like this started by people who think they have ownership of an internet message board based on seniority.

I'd take Sorter over almost any of you old fat racist ****s with 40k posts. Except for Clay. Even though I mostly despise every single thing he posts, he adds tremendous value with his Skip Baylessery.

oh noes LMAO

htismaqe
The football discussion is just as bipolar as the Grbac/Gannon days. -although I will agree that the voices of those that can discuss football non-emotionally get drowned out pretty quickly.

I disagree about that. There wasn't much division in the Grbac/Gannon debate. Most thought Gannon should start. KC folk hero syndrome.

Just Passin' By
12-18-2013, 01:12 PM
I've got to admit that this thread is bringing even more unintentional comedy than I thought it would.

J Diddy
You can't get rid of old memories - booze just helps you not give a ****.

It's like a psychological pain killer + party starter...

I think it was said best in the Legend of Bagger Vance:

You see every drink of liquor you take kills a thousand brain cells. Now that doesn't much matter 'cos we got billions more. And first the sadness cells die so you smile real big. And then the quiet cells go so you just say everything real loud for no reason at all. That'ok, that's ok because the stupid cells go next, so everything you say is real smart. And finally, come the memory cells. These are tough sons of bitches to kill.

htismaqe
I believe you have "discussion" confused with "kissing my ass". hence;

The quality of the kissing my ass has gone downhill dramatically.

there.

Yeah, you have absolutely no clue.

Ace Gunner
Your optimism is duly noted; however, in the midst of a good season following the abortion of the past horrible years, I'm just curious as to why we can't just enjoy this ride?

this should be good. but it won't get touched.

Rams Fan
12-18-2013, 01:13 PM
The Lounge is a cesspool.

I prefer the term dysfunctional.

The majority of the posters in DC do nothing but discuss politics and occasionally come into the Lounge, which makes everything worse.

Bugeater
12-18-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm no worse than I have been. Since bitch tits likes to blame everyone for his inability to control himself, his sycophants have decided to latch onto me and blame me for frazbob's lack of self control.

Look at who is doing the complaining (aside from BD who is just a moron) they're all frazbob's friends. The comments are almost all the same. "I like Tim. If he had this happened then KC native should be in the same situation." It's quite ridiculous so I'm just playing into the ridiculousness of the situation.
JFC, do yourself a favor and step the hell away from the situation. You make yourself look worse every time you post about it. I think I can safely say we're all sick of "frazbob" and "bitch tits" and everything else associated with your online obsession. You got what you wanted...now take the fucking high road for christ's sake.

htismaqe
12-18-2013, 01:14 PM

Some of us are enjoying it. But we're also DISCUSSING it, which some people can't seem to handle because it's not all unicorns and rainbows.

I mean, why are we here after all?

KC native
12-18-2013, 01:15 PM
JFC, do yourself a favor and step the hell away from the situation. You make yourself look worse every time you post about it. I think I can safely say we're all sick of "frazbob" and "bitch tits" and everything else associated with your online obsession. You got what you wanted...now take the fucking high road for christ's sake.

says someone who hates me because I embarrass the shit out of his tweaker buddy livesteam.

Rams Fan
12-18-2013, 01:16 PM
says someone who hates me because I embarass the shit out of his tweaker buddy livesteam.

Go air your dirty laundry in DC.

ct

well hell, speaking of whats wrong, you just woke her up, nice goin

J Diddy
I'm married. Try again hobbit.

Like I said attention craved, needs some puss or to rub one off.

As angry as you are and as obsessed as you are there's just no way you're getting laid.

Let me ask you a question, and don't take offense to this: Does your wife beat you? You don't have to take it you know. You can leave her. Take everything in the divorce except the internet access. Please leave her with that.

Just Passin' By
12-18-2013, 01:17 PM
says someone who hates me because I embarrass the shit out of his tweaker buddy livesteam.

I think people hate you because you've come into the house and started shitting all over the place.

patteeu
The people that were willing to "wait and see" used the same methodology by and large.

DC isn't a cause, it's a symptom.

Our society lost any sense of a middle ground a long, long time ago.

There was never a "wait and see" mob beating up on the anti-Cassel stalwarts. No, the mob was on the anti-Cassel side and that's where the vitriol was born even if some of the "wait-and-see" guys stood their ground and responded in kind. It's the same way with the QB-in-the-first drafturbators, the Geno-at-1.1 cultists and the Alex-Smith-is-Matt-Cassel knee-jerkers.

J Diddy
Some of us are enjoying it. But we're also DISCUSSING it, which some people can't seem to handle because it's not all unicorns and rainbows.

I mean, why are we here after all?

I was under the impression that unicorns and rainbows were part of the package.

htismaqe
12-18-2013, 01:18 PM

ROFL

Bugeater
I don't give a rat's ass what anyone says about him on here, and I dare you to find any evidence to the contrary. You are simply someone who doesn't know when to shut up.

Rausch

Or maybe, just maybe, trolling one guy just isn't enough.

Now that he's gone you're spreading your wings...

Zebedee DuBois
12-18-2013, 01:19 PM

LMAO - although that is evidence of 'not-so-happy' early days.

Begging forgiveness. I'll go back under my rock

htismaqe
12-18-2013, 01:20 PM
There was never a "wait and see" mob beating up on the anti-Cassel stalwarts. No, the mob was on the anti-Cassel side and that's where the vitriol was born even if some of the "wait-and-see" guys stood their ground and responded in kind.

The idea that was some "mob" is ridiculous.

Both sides engaged in inflammatory and vitriolic behavior.

The "he started it" thing is completely childish.

I was on the "wait and see" side by the way, and I know how it went.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-18-2013, 01:20 PM
BIG DADDY was such a great member of the CP "fraternity" when he ridiculed Ultra Peanut for her publicized issues with gender identity. You're a hypocrite, dude.

I agree that 2009 is a remarkable year, no doubt. Despite career day _efense and GoChiefs' Herm Warfare, this board was largely a homer board. CP attached to classic homeresque scapegoats like Eric Hicks, Eric Warfield, Greg Robinson and Gunther Cunningham. The shift to a critical board started in 2009 and was led with much hostility from Dane, Hamas, etc. People alike (sick of losing) and people opposed (hopeful fans) adapted this posting style even if they weren't nearly as skilled to do so. I think guys like OTWP need to take some accountability into their role in this development.

Chief Roundup
12-18-2013, 01:22 PM

Mark Sanchez discussions. That was definitely a time that created a lot of divide on this board. There was so much hatred being thrown around by so many.

Rausch
12-18-2013, 01:22 PM
There was never a "wait and see" mob beating up on the anti-Cassel stalwarts. No, the mob was on the anti-Cassel side and that's where the vitriol was born even if some of the "wait-and-see" guys stood their ground and responded in kind. It's the same way with the QB-in-the-first drafturbators, the Geno-at-1.1 cultists and the Alex-Smith-is-Matt-Cassel knee-jerkers.

There's a frustration with hating a guy's play before, while, and after he was here. You try and point it out (tens of posters did) only to be met with "You have no idea how he'll play here. Give it a chance."

The player sucks. Hard.

After years of saying "See! Look!" the response is "There's no way you could have know that. Nobody knew how he'd turn out."

Fish
12-18-2013, 01:23 PM
BIG DADDY was such a great member of the CP "fraternity" when he ridiculed Ultra Peanut for her publicized issues with gender identity. You're a hypocrite, dude.

I agree that 2009 is a remarkable year, no doubt. Despite career day _efense and GoChiefs' Herm Warfare, this board was largely a homer board. CP attached to classic homeresque scapegoats like Eric Hicks, Eric Warfield, Greg Robinson and Gunther Cunningham. The shift to a critical board started in 2009 and was led with much hostility from Dane, Hamas, etc. People alike (sick of losing) and people opposed (hopeful fans) adapted this posting style even if they weren't nearly as skilled to do so. I think guys like OTWP need to take some accountability into their role in this development.

And just who did you used to be?

J Diddy

Personally, I was too. The problem was I held on to it too long. When you love a team and make it a point for the highlights of a few months to be those Sundays, it tends to make one a bit defensive. Combine that with getting your face rubbed in it, not only on the TV but among fellow fans, it will build some bad blood.

I got me some of that bad blood cause of Cat Massel.

ActiveShooter
Y'all know there's an ignore function right?

htismaqe
12-18-2013, 01:24 PM

I don't think it's that simple, but maybe that's just me.

For example, I was part of the "hopeful homer" crowd for quite some time. Hell, for the first 8 years or so of Chiefsplanet, the running joke was that I was on Carl Peterson's personal payroll.

On the other hand, I was probably the most vocal critic when it comes to Eric "We Love Losing" Hicks and the Foot Shuffling Porter.

Hammock Parties
ActiveShooter has to be Frazod. LMAO

Rausch
Mark Sanchez discussions. That was definitely a time that created a lot of divide on this board. There was so much hatred being thrown around by so many.

The fanbase has been without a 1st round QB for so long we've gotten as idiotic about drafting one as the team is about not drafting one.

Both sides just see the stupid in the other...

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
Chiefzilla 2003-2009
LemonPie 2009-2012 (chiefzilla took over my name)
Miserable User 2012-present (banned)

htismaqe
12-18-2013, 01:25 PM

If everybody applied the ignore function at the appropriate time, there would be no discussion here.

Rausch

I think he'll be similar in style...

Pablo
ActiveShooter has to be Frazod. LMAOInteresting avatar choice, to be certain.

doomy3
I think guys like DCS/ROR/SDH are what ruined this board. I'll agree to an extent that 2009 was the beginning of this board's demise, but not necessarily because of the influx of Pats fans who came over. There was a lot of disagreement about Sanchez between guys who were involved in every football thread. I debated with Dane, Hamas, OTWP, milkman, etc. Usually we had good discussions. The problem was that every other post was some non-sensical response from DCS that was neither funny or clever, but annoying.

Then it seemed like he attracted other non-intelligent posters who just repeat the same meme over and over and in turn football threads aren't even worth participating in. Now every football thread has GloryDayz and other guys like that just repeating the same things over and over, and much like DCS's old posts, no one ever replies to them, but it makes reading and participating in those threads impossible.

Bugeater
I was wondering how someone who joined two days ago already has supporter status.

Rausch
12-18-2013, 01:26 PM
If everybody applied the ignore function at the appropriate time, there would be no discussion here.

I haven't used it often but I've also never regretted using it...

patteeu
I prefer the term dysfunctional.

The majority of the posters in DC do nothing but discuss politics and occasionally come into the Lounge, which makes everything worse.

What's your take on Neils Bohr's quantum theory versus Hugh Everett's so-called Multiple Universes theory of quantum physics? I'd just love to hear you talk about something else you don't understand.

loochy

Roses are red
Violets are blue
All of this could be cured
With another thread on poo

htismaqe
12-18-2013, 01:27 PM
I think guys like DCS/ROR/SDH are what ruined this board. I'll agree to an extent that 2009 was the beginning of this board's demise, but not necessarily because of the influx of Pats fans who came over. There was a lot of disagreement about Sanchez between guys who were involved in every football thread. I debated with Dane, Hamas, OTWP, milkman, etc. Usually we had good discussions. The problem was that every other post was some non-sensical response from DCS that was neither funny or clever, but annoying.

Then it seemed like he attracted other non-intelligent posters who just repeat the same meme over and over and in turn football threads aren't even worth participating in. Now every football thread has GloryDayz and other guys like that just repeating the same things over and over, and much like DCS's old posts, no one ever replies to them, but it makes reading and participating in those threads impossible.

There were guys like DCS on the other side too.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Yup.

No mods required.

Agreed. All we need is a good n00b beatdown.

And if anything the moderating needs to mellow out a little.

This place seems to be on the fence too often with the mods wanting to swing their ban hammer for little reason.

doomy3
12-18-2013, 01:29 PM

I guess I'm more talking about the style of his posts. Almost like drunken, exclamation point filled, non-English posts that he thought were clever, but meant nothing. It just felt like the overall IQ of the board decreased by about 50% overnight.

Coach
12-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Lack of respect is one thing I am seeing.

For example, if I was arguing with OTWP, Hamas, milkman, or htmas, and if I come to a point where if I disagree with another poster's view point, I would typically just end the debate by saying that "Well, we both can't agree on changing our minds on this debate, so I'm just gonna leave it as that, and let's find something else to discuss about."

I know I had my fair share of disrespect, mostly towards Hootie (mostly warranted) and Clay, which some is warranted and some isn't, and there might be a few strays here and there on some members.

I think what is lost in this mayhem is that the basic rule here is: Attack the post. Not the poster.

burt
12-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Those of us that didn't "suck the chocolate penini", were called fucking morons and repeatedly told to go die in an aids tree...constantly! It got real fucking old. And the ones that dis "sucketh the chocolate penini" were self proclaimed geniouses...REPEATEDLY AND LOUDLY... took a lotta the shine off the Planet...just sayin... there was a time when a difference of opinion would be discussed....after all, we're all just guessing what MIGHT make a difference..

ct
12-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Roses are red
Violets are blue

true a really good poo
does a body good

ChiefsCountry

Yep. Then you throw trolls in the mix and you got what is now modern day CP.

burt
Attack the post. Not the poster.

Exactly...

J Diddy
Roses are red
Violets are blue

Roses are dead
cause winter is here
A better idea
is titties and beer

patteeu
12-18-2013, 01:32 PM

The "both sides are equally guilty" thing is absurd. Of course both sides eventually engaged in the vitriol. I said that in my post.

Rams Fan
What's your take on Neils Bohr's quantum theory versus Hugh Everett's so-called Multiple Universes theory of quantum physics? I'd just love to hear you talk about something else you don't understand.

Would you approve of a small, gradual demolition of DC with eventually political threads floating into the Lounge, thus eventually causing the majority of the users from DC,who do nothing aside discuss politics, leaving CP?

doomy3
Those of us that didn't "suck the chocolate penini", were called ****ing morons and repeatedly told to go die in an aids tree...constantly! It got real ****ing old. And the ones that dis "sucketh the chocolate penini" were self proclaimed geniouses...REPEATEDLY AND LOUDLY... took a lotta the shine off the Planet...just sayin... there was a time when a difference of opinion would be discussed....after all, we're all just guessing what MIGHT make a difference..

See, stuff like this. I think that was even something that DCS started. In 2009, a saying that stupid would have just been ignored. This year, with the change in posters since 2009 and the overall intelligence level, it caught on like wildfire. DCS somehow attracted all of the misfits.

patteeu
12-18-2013, 01:33 PM

Bingo

J Diddy
true a really good poo
does a body good

Yes
The sick pooh thread that's on the front page now

That's what is wrong with the planet. We have sick pooh threads.

Discuss Thrower
Roses are red
Violets are blue

There once was a poster named KC Native
Whose takes on politics seemed a little bit dated.
Someone called him a beaner,
which made him quite meaner
now all does is make insults that aren't creative.

doomy3
12-18-2013, 01:34 PM

Yep. Then you throw trolls in the mix and you got what is now modern day CP.

I'm curious to hear who you think were anywhere near as obnoxious as DCS on the other side of that debate.

patteeu
12-18-2013, 01:34 PM

How could you possibly already know that, noob? ;)

J Diddy
12-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Would you approve of a small, gradual demolition of DC with eventually political threads floating into the Lounge, thus eventually causing the majority of the users from DC,who do nothing aside discuss politics, leaving CP?

You can tell that you were here prior to DC. The reason it was created in the first place is that the two topics were littering the page. Quite a few posters that are in DC were regular posters in the lounge.

What you are suggesting won't make them leave. It'll make them more visibile.

kepp
12-18-2013, 01:36 PM
What I want to know is, what do we have to do to bring back Midnight_Vulture?

Just Passin' By
12-18-2013, 01:37 PM
See, stuff like this. I think that was even something that DCS started. In 2009, a saying that stupid would have just been ignored. This year, with the change in posters since 2009 and the overall intelligence level, it caught on like wildfire. DCS somehow attracted all of the misfits.

You're giving DCS way too much credit. He was just the idiot lackey.

ChiTown

Good times........

BIG_DADDY
Most of the people here have never experience a fully merged CP so I don't think that's a very good test. All I know is that you got your wish, you're still not happy, and you're still blaming other people despite being in the middle of it yourself.

Even if you only polled the old timers it would be a massive epic fail. Frankly I am shocked you would think otherwise. If you merged the BB's you would have even more trolls and vaginal flow and less football.

Look I know I have said a lot of things I am not proud of over the years, I think a lot of people who have posted here long term probably have as well whether they will admit it or not. Most of the grief I get was things I posted about a terrorist supporter when I had family serving and somebody who decided a football forum would be the best place to martyr themselves by disclosing a sex change and saying that he thought as tax payers we should all pay for that. This isn't about me though or any individual poster. Pestilence was right when he said I should not have used individual names. This was about the evolution of CP and where we are at and was designed to measure how much of you really like this direction considering where it will take us.

Halfcan
12-18-2013, 01:38 PM
I think the blocking function needs to be fixed so the d bag you block can't see your post. That is fine you don't have to read their stupid comments anymore, but they can still stalk your every post.

patteeu
12-18-2013, 01:39 PM

There are almost no posters who would leave CP as a result of that. Most DC posters are also Chiefs/NFL fans and Lounge posters. I honestly can't think of many DC only posters.

htismaqe
12-18-2013, 01:40 PM
The "both sides are equally guilty" thing is absurd. Of course both sides eventually engaged in the vitriol. I said that in my post.

Again, the "he started it" argument is childish. If you're wanting to get at the heart of why there's a lack of civility, it just doesn't cut it.

hometeam
I haven't been around for nearly as long as most involved in this discussion, but really, I just don't understand the 'we must ban anyone whos a douche' mentality.

There is ONE poster here who I cannot stand, and I don't have him on ignore. I just literally ignore him. Btw, he's one of the so called 'old timers' who seem to be exempt from the call to ban asshats, and he's the king.

Not to mention, who the hell goes into DC? Its totally fucked in there. If you stay out of there, and don't GAF what people who bother you say, then I don't understand how it affects you to a point where they should be banned to suit an individual or even group need.

If you (I'm using you in a general sense here) DO feel the need to go into DC and GAF about what negative crap people have to say, maybe you should take a step back and look at the situation, maybe it is you who needs to take a break, not them.

tldr; who cares what dumb fucks on the internet think or type?

Rausch
It would also help if people didn't change their fucking handle every 3 months.

I'm here to talk football, get information, as well as be entertained and entertaining whenever possible.

I don't wanna' have to play fuck'n CLUE every time I log in. Nor will I.

Other than mod abuse (it happens to us all and it's usually pretty good) I don't understand the desire to reinvent yourself more than Madonna...

KC native
Like I said attention craved, needs some puss or to rub one off.

As angry as you are and as obsessed as you are there's just no way you're getting laid.

Let me ask you a question, and don't take offense to this: Does your wife beat you? You don't have to take it you know. You can leave her. Take everything in the divorce except the internet access. Please leave her with that.

You are terrible at arm psychology and trying to insult me as well.

Halfcan
I love when all the butt hurt bleeds over to FaceBook. People are always crying on there about mod abuse, being banned or someone hurt their feelings.

Dartgod
12-18-2013, 01:41 PM
I honestly can't think of many DC only posters.

I know of one that I would prefer stay there.

HemiEd
12-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Pioli and Cassel.

As I mentioned in another thread, it's a big reason why the 49er guys get treated the way they do.

Present tense. Are they still here?

ChiefsCountry
12-18-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm curious to hear who you think were anywhere near as obnoxious as DCS on the other side of that debate.

Let me go check my rep from back then.

J Diddy
12-18-2013, 01:46 PM
You are terrible at arm psychology and trying to insult me as well.

First, I'm literally a semester away from being a psychologist. Second, I'm not insulting you, I'm trying to help.

Halfcan
12-18-2013, 01:46 PM
It would also help if people didn't change their ****ing handle every 3 months.

I'm here to talk football, get information, as well as be entertained and entertaining whenever possible.

I don't wanna' have to play ****'n CLUE every time I log in. Nor will I.

Other than mod abuse (it happens to us all and it's usually pretty good) I don't understand the desire to reinvent yourself more than Madonna...

Who the hell are you? :p

burt
12-18-2013, 01:47 PM

STFU n00b.......

Rausch
12-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Who the hell are you? :p

Robert Paulson...

ChiTown
12-18-2013, 01:48 PM
First, I'm literally a semester away from being a psychologist. Second, I'm not insulting you, I'm trying to help.

Is it too late to get your money back?:D

Dayze
After time, I've come to know a lot of the posting styles of certain CPers. So I feel pretty good about knowing if a flame was an insult or not. There are so many things here that make me smil

[LIST]
GoChiefs - The repeated inferrence he's gay, or lives in his mom's basement, or his male modeling picture thing
Omaha - Everyone is fat
Frazod - Appliance Killer
Hometeam - Took the Fisty McTatt Thread like a champ
PR Capon'es Cat Ramp
Midnight Vulture
Answers - PM Bob Dole
Sorter - insane collection of, apparently, meticulously filed Gifs
Gif'd Up
Rain Man' - Crazy assed topics make things interesting
FAX - .....when he's around (Come back)
Hawk - Is an Ass Man

So many things that make me smile with either a perfectly timed response, or Gif, or reference to an old thread etc.

Luckily, I can usually tell by the Thread Title and Thread starter, if it's something I'll read. There is definitely a lot of chaff to sort through these days.

But it's still the most fun insane asylum on the interwebz

Sorter

Sacrifice a laptop?

TimeForWasp

Exactly

J Diddy
12-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Is it too late to get your money back?:D

I think so but I'll ask anyways. In all fairness, they never offered me any classes in arm chair psychology. It was more along the lines of personality disorders and such.

doomy3
STFU n00b.......

Uh, I was agreeing with you.

patteeu
Again, the "he started it" argument is childish. If you're wanting to get at the heart of why there's a lack of civility, it just doesn't cut it.

I'm not trying to get to the heart of anything. I'm reporting on the world as it is.

mr. tegu
12-18-2013, 01:51 PM
First, I'm literally a semester away from being a psychologist.

What are you doing your dissertation on?

burt
Uh, I was agreeing with you.

I don't care!! I just wanted to call ANYONE n00b!!!LMAO

teedubya
It is kind of hard to tell that the Chiefs are 11-3 around here instead of 3-11.

htismaqe
Present tense. Are they still here?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279640

ChiTown
It is kind of hard to tell that the Chiefs are 11-3 around here instead of 3-11.

/thread over

:LOL:

mr. tegu
12-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Has the OP turned this into a " I am leaving forever" thread yet?

burt
12-18-2013, 01:52 PM

Felt this way all season.....SMH....

KC native
12-18-2013, 01:53 PM

ROFL and you're trying to diagnose me on a messageboard where you are completely wrong about me being angry.

My wife is a semester away from her masters in psychology. She would laugh at what you're trying to do.

OnTheWarpath15
Lack of respect is one thing I am seeing.

For example, if I was arguing with OTWP, Hamas, milkman, or htmas, and if I come to a point where if I disagree with another poster's view point, I would typically just end the debate by saying that "Well, we both can't agree on changing our minds on this debate, so I'm just gonna leave it as that, and let's find something else to discuss about."

I know I had my fair share of disrespect, mostly towards Hootie (mostly warranted) and Clay, which some is warranted and some isn't, and there might be a few strays here and there on some members.

I think what is lost in this mayhem is that the basic rule here is: Attack the post. Not the poster.

Bingo.

I've disagreed with people who the newer folk would say are "on my side" repeatedly over the years.

Hamas and I butted heads regularly.

Mecca and I butted heads regularly.

I don't always agree with some of my best friends IRL on this board - Phobia, Flopnuts, Pestilence, Monty, TinyEvel.

Christ, DJ'sLeftNut and I have been going at it for a day and a half.

You know why it rarely if ever gets ugly?

Because when we discuss ball, we don't just throw shit out there all willy-nilly hoping it sticks. We back up our opinions with facts, stats and evidence.

I can respect someone's opinion when they can back it up.

I think it's hard for me and many other old-timers to respect opinions that are chock full of excuses and whose foundation is built on "I think" or "do you work in the NFL" or "PIOLI!"

htismaqe
I'm not trying to get to the heart of anything. I'm reporting on the world as it is.

Isn't the whole purpose of this thread people trying to figure out "what went wrong"?

patteeu
12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
I know of one that I would prefer stay there.

It's probably best if you don't name him or her. That could hurt feelings.

Dayze
12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Pretty Much OTWP.

I've had posts hit pretty hard in the past, but I would 'think' that none of it is personal. I'd sit down and have beers with probably 99% of CP.

...even GoChiefs. :D

burt
12-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Pretty Much OTWP.

I've had posts hit pretty hard in the past, but I would 'think' that none of it is personal. I'd sit down and have beers with probably 99% of CP.

...even GoChiefs. :D

That crossed the line...

Dayze
12-18-2013, 01:56 PM
That crossed the line...

I'd have a beer; he can have his Zima.

DaFace
12-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Man...is this sandy vagina week on ChiefsPlanet or something? I apparently didn't get the memo.

As for how things have changed, I don't personally think much about it. There's a natural human tendency to look back at the "good ol' days" fondly and remember all the good stuff, but ignore all the bad stuff. ChiefsPlanet isn't any different.

Mosbonian
12-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Big Daddy brings up many good points, but I'm not sure a "cleansing" is an option.

I do think there should be some new rules in place that can help rid us of "undesirables" in the future. Not that there should be additional restrictions on what can and cannot be posted, but what I'd like to see is some restrictions on the back and forth sniping between certain members. Isolated cases are fine, but when it continues and both parties are more interested in following each other around and infecting any thread that suits them, then warnings should be issued. If it continues, then the mod team can force the offenders to ignore each other (is this possible?), disable rep, or in extreme cases institute bannings.

I don't want to take away from the open nature of this forum, but some of the ongoing battles between members have gotten ridiculous.

Nailed it my friend....

Pablo
12-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Man...is this sandy vagina week on ChiefsPlanet or something? I apparently didn't get the memo.

As for how things have changed, I don't personally think much about it. There's a natural human tendency to look back at the "good ol' days" fondly and remember all the good stuff, but ignore all the bad stuff. ChiefsPlanet isn't any different.Back when DaFace was a mod...man, things were good back then.

htismaqe
12-18-2013, 01:58 PM

As for how things have changed, I don't personally think much about it. There's a natural human tendency to look back at the "good ol' days" fondly and remember all the good stuff, but ignore all the bad stuff. ChiefsPlanet isn't any different.

I said this earlier, fuckstick. :D

Just Passin' By
12-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Bingo.

I've disagreed with people who the newer folk would say are "on my side" repeatedly over the years.

I don't always agree with some of my best friends IRL on this board - Phobia, Flopnuts, Pestilence, Monty, TinyEvel.

Because when we discuss ball, we don't just throw shit out there all willy-nilly hoping it sticks. We back up our opinions with facts, stats and evidence.

I think it's hard for me any many other old-timers to respect opinions that are chock full of excuses and whose foundation is built on "I think" or "do you work in the NFL" or "PIOLI!"

LMAO

You were one of the board's worst offenders during the "Gotta have Sanchez!" era.

DaFace
12-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Back when DaFace was a mod...man, things were good back then.

Ha. And not really. I'm a pretty strong believer that mods don't (and shouldn't) have a huge impact on the overall culture of a forum.

KC native

Hey now, this is a sandy vag thread not one on our cognitive biases.

Katipan
Now I miss Mecca :(

Just Passin' By

I suggested this, but I was told that I was wrong and that this place was basically all moonlight and canoes before 2009.

ChiefsCountry
12-18-2013, 02:00 PM

Okay here is the list from then:

Pioli Zombie troll from Patriots
kcbubb
SensibleChiefsFan LMAO
chiefsfan1963
Hootie started a lot of the shit

My neg rep I gave out from January 2009 to April 2009, was triple what I did from 2004 to January 2009.

Dayze
I suggested this, but I was told that I was wrong and that this place was basically all moonlight and canoes before 2009.

LMAO
I'm stealing that one for future use, if you don't mind.

FRCDFED
I started lurking on this board when I was stationed in Korea in 2000 and was in desperate need of Chiefs news to keep my sanity. I joined some time later but I am familiar with most of the old timers. We have seen many posters come and go over the years and in some cases because of petty differences. In some cases we have lost members to tragedy. Their ideas are immortalized and their memories are alive and well still in the CP mainframe.

I post infrequently; however, I definately enjoy good Chiefs comradarie. I for one, enjoy a good debate. I do not particularly care for the personal attacks that I see some make towards each other here on the board but so be it.

Long live CP!

Mosbonian
12-18-2013, 02:02 PM

You can't ignore the fact that it has turned into a less enjoyable place or act like some of what goes on here is OK. There is some crap that goes on here that shouldn't....and we look the other way because we don't want to actually make people act halfway decent in here.

I agree with something Rausch said in the other thread....people seemed more civil when you knew someone. You met them at the game, they became a face with a voice and you acted better when talking to them.

Now most of this place is just internet personas created by people, who contrary to what they declare, wouldn't be half the POS in person that they pretend to be on the board.

Dartgod
12-18-2013, 02:03 PM
It's probably best if you don't name him or her. That could hurt feelings.

I don't care about feelings. I'm not naming "it" because if I do, "it" will show up here sure as shit.

Rausch
12-18-2013, 02:04 PM
I don't care about names. I'm not naming "it" because if I do, "it" will show up here sure as shit.

First one to quote it gets the negs...

DaFace
I said this earlier, fuckstick. :D

OMG U R SO MEAN!! I'M TELLING THE MODS!!

ChiefsCountry
Now I miss Mecca :(

He is still around, just posts in Royals thread mainly.

Coach
12-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Bingo.

I think it's hard for me and many other old-timers to respect opinions that are chock full of excuses and whose foundation is built on "I think" or "do you work in the NFL" or "PIOLI!"

Indeed. You and I have met once, and we had several discussions on here, and I also have somewhat butted heads with Phil, Mecca, Hamas, and some others, and I never met Mecca, Hamas, and Iowanian, but I always come to respect their view points, even if I disagreed with them, I wouldn't resort into personal name calling or attacking the poster in general.

I always try to put out evidence by stats, quotes, whatever I can do to support my argument (or another poster's argument) or attack their POST (not the individual) and if I was wrong by either being called on it, and me double checking my information, or someone provides a new updated/fresh/recent information over mine, I would compare it and see if I feel that I am right or wrong.

If I feel that I'm right, I will continue to respectfully disagree with their viewpoint and explain my thoughts on it as best as I can. If I am wrong, then I man up, admit it, and move on.

Like the discussion you and DJ's Left Nut, that's the type of posts this board is severely lacking these days. Constructed good solid arguments on both sides.

burt
You can't ignore the fact that it has turned into a less enjoyable place or act like some of what goes on here is OK. There is some crap that goes on here that shouldn't....and we look the other way because we don't want to actually make people act halfway decent in here.

I agree with something Rausch said in the other thread....people seemed more civil when you knew someone. You met them at the game, they became a face with a voice and you acted better when talking to them.

Now most of this place is just internet personas created by people, who contrary to what they declare, wouldn't be half the POS in person that they pretend to be on the board.

GREAT point....you need to post more...or I need to visit more....

ct
I am sorry for calling TACO a bea ner, back in the day.

LMAO

don't apologize for calling taco anything, what a fuktard

DaFace
12-18-2013, 02:06 PM

Eh, there's probably some truth to that, but I lurked for two years between 2003-2005 because I was afraid of being blasted for being a n00b around here. People were assholes back then just as much as they are now.

doomy3
12-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Okay here is the list from then:

Pioli Zombie troll from Patriots
kcbubb
SensibleChiefsFan LMAO
chiefsfan1963
Hootie started a lot of the shit

My neg rep I gave out from January 2009 to April 2009, was triple what I did from 2004 to January 2009.

Really? You gave out that much neg rep? That's pretty interesting and I'm sure didn't help things much.

And while some of those guys were annoying, I don't think any of them scratched the surface of what DCS did. And you may not have agreed with their posts, but at least they didn't repeat literally the exact same thing in every post.

Coach
12-18-2013, 02:07 PM

I think some people get sentimental when someone gets banned. :shrug:

Beef Supreme
The Internet used to be so much better back before all the trolls.

OnTheWarpath15
LMAO

You were one of the board's worst offenders during the "Gotta have Sanchez!" era.

Apparently you didn't bother to read the last three lines of my post.

Ask the 30-50 guys that are the hardcore football guys on this board.

I rarely got ugly or get ugly towards someone unless that person got nasty first, or refuses to back up his argument.

You may not like it, but I'm not going to bother showing much respect to people whose main argument is, "Do you work in the NFL?" and "PIOLI!"

Mr. Plow
12-18-2013, 02:09 PM
ROFL and you're trying to diagnose me on a messageboard where you are completely wrong about me being angry.

My wife is a semester away from her masters in psychology. She would laugh at what you're trying to do.

Not to jump in the middle of this, but you do seem angry.