PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs WC Game: Tell me the Chiefs lose?

Ace Gunner
12-19-2013, 11:39 AM
We know they are likely either playing Colts or Balt and for folks that predict the Chiefs are going 1/done, we don't see the reasoning follow a particular opponent, so it doesn't seem to matter who they play to these folks.

Is it the QB? The Defense? Drops? Not enough points? Cursed?

How do the Chiefs lose?

Mr. Laz
12-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Defense gives up early points because they struggle against fast receivers.

we fall behind big

Offense has to be uber aggressive to catch up and implodes

Sofa King
12-19-2013, 11:49 AM
injuries

Chief Roundup
12-19-2013, 11:50 AM
We will not lose the first one this year.

Scorp
12-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Alex Smith gets sacked and breaks his................?

Chief Roundup
12-19-2013, 11:57 AM
If we lose it will be because we didn't put them away. Leaving them an opportunity to make a play late in the game.

Mav
12-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Alex Smith gets sacked and breaks his................?

Any qb could do what Alex Smith is doing with this Chiefs team.

Chase Daniel would step in and be this teams Jeff Hoestetler.

For the young kids.

he is the guy that took over for Phil Simms in 1990, and led the Giants to the super bowl over the Bills in the first of the bills 4 consecutive super bowl losses.

You are welcome.

Oh, and this post was extreme sarcasm.

Discuss Thrower
12-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Offense is shut down by putting 8 in the box and cheating a second db on Bowe. Take away Charles and Bowe KC can't do anything.

Defensively a team can pick on Cooper, Smith, or Flowers in one on one coverage because chances are It will work out in your favor if you can stop the pass rush.

Also, had I the money to do so, I'd wager Succop misses a handful of FGs. His leg isn't that good and at some point the team will be pressured into atempting a kick he doesn't have the capability of making because they are the Chiefs.

LOCOChief
12-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Great thread. Predictions on how and why the Chiefs lose. Sounds like a job for people that have a hard time deciding if they should get out of bed for lunch.

RealSNR
12-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Andy has turned the Chiefs into a super-tough road team. Even during Vermeil's 13-3 season, all 3 losses were road games. I no longer fear the huge significant dropoff from home to road that used to plague us.

The biggest concern is defense. It was bad that Houston has been out and Hali has been gimped up, but man we are thin thin thin at secondary. If Eric Berry should miss time, I think that might kill us. Also, I've lost a ton of confidence in Bob Sutton's knowledge of Xs and Os.

If we lose this game, I think it's going to come at the hands of the defense. Our offense can probably put up 3 TDs or more on Cincy, Indy, or Baltimore. I'm not concerned about our offense.

The Franchise
12-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Andy has turned the Chiefs into a super-tough road team. Even during Vermeil's 13-3 season, all 3 losses were road games. I no longer fear the huge significant dropoff from home to road that used to plague us.

The biggest concern is defense. It was bad that Houston has been out and Hali has been gimped up, but man we are thin thin thin at secondary. If Eric Berry should miss time, I think that might kill us. Also, I've lost a ton of confidence in Bob Sutton's knowledge of Xs and Os.

If we lose this game, I think it's going to come at the hands of the defense. Our offense can probably put up 3 TDs or more on Cincy, Indy, or Baltimore. I'm not concerned about our offense.

This.

If we lose....it will be because the defense never showed up and the offense couldn't keep up.

RealSNR
12-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Also, had I the money to do so, I'd wager Succop misses a handful of FGs. His leg isn't that good and at some point the team will be pressured into atempting a kick he doesn't have the capability of making because they are the Chiefs.

:spock: He's 21/25 this year. And one or two of those misses were on blocked kicks.

Why do people always think Succop is a liability? The dude is a pretty good kicker in this league. Just because he's never kicked a 60-yarder doesn't mean he'll let the team down with a missed kick.

I mean, fuck, has he EVER had a game-losing miss in his career? I know large portions of it were taken up by losing streaks that never put us in a position to lose on one of his misses, but still. Let's not project bad juju onto our kicker when it's not fucking deserved in the least.

gosampel
12-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Great thread. Predictions on how and why the Chiefs lose. Sounds like a job for people that have a hard time deciding if they should get out of bed for lunch.

I agree I feel we can make it a little past 1 and done, we was the undefeated team for awhile and all acted like we couldn't be beat

kevonm
12-19-2013, 01:25 PM
If we lose, It will undoubtedly be because the opposing team outscored us.

Discuss Thrower
12-19-2013, 01:27 PM
:spock: He's 21/25 this year. And one or two of those misses were on blocked kicks.

Why do people always think Succop is a liability? The dude is a pretty good kicker in this league. Just because he's never kicked a 60-yarder doesn't mean he'll let the team down with a missed kick.

I mean, fuck, has he EVER had a game-losing miss in his career? I know large portions of it were taken up by losing streaks that never put us in a position to lose on one of his misses, but still. Let's not project bad juju onto our kicker when it's not fucking deserved in the least.

What's the last real pressure kick he's made? Against Buffalo in OT in 2010?

I'm not saying he's a godawful kicker, but there's something about him that does not inspire confidence in his ability to hit any game winning or tying field goal from around 40 yards out.

Renegade
12-19-2013, 01:32 PM

I'm not saying he's a godawful kicker, but there's something about him that does not inspire confidence in his ability to hit any game winning or tying field goal from around 40 yards out.

The thing that will do us in if he continues to kick out of bounds in the playoffs. Sound familiar?:banghead:

Penalties could also be our demise.

TEX
12-19-2013, 01:33 PM
We know they are likely either playing Colts or Balt and for folks that predict the Chiefs are going 1/done, we don't see the reasoning follow a particular opponent, so it doesn't seem to matter who they play to these folks.

How do the Chiefs lose?

They don't.

cosmo20002
12-19-2013, 01:34 PM

How do the Chiefs lose?

Total trap game.

RealSNR
12-19-2013, 01:36 PM

The dude has never let us down. He had a kickoff out of bounds last week. Big deal. Colquitt had a couple of rotten shanked punts early in the season.

RealSNR
12-19-2013, 01:38 PM
The thing that will do us in if he continues to kick out of bounds in the playoffs. Sound familiar?:banghead:

He's done it fucking once. He's not Jon fucking Baker.

I don't get why people are so eager to build up this nervous energy around the guy when we've never had a reason to do so. He's better than at least half the kickers in the league, and probably could be considered top 10 in terms of field goal percentage.

I'll take it. He's an adequate kicker. I'm not going to lie awake at night dreading the possibility that Succop might have to make a pressure kick in the playoffs.

Discuss Thrower
12-19-2013, 01:38 PM

I don't understand how that's even a possibility with his -or any other players'- kicks. Is angling it to the corners within the 20 so important that the coverage team can't make a stop otherwise?

htismaqe
12-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Total trap game.

Actual trap thread.

gosampel
12-19-2013, 01:39 PM
The dude has never let us down. He had a kickoff out of bounds last week. Big deal. Colquitt had a couple of rotten shanked punts early in the season.

Yes he had a couple of bad one but he is pretty good

Sorter
12-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Actual trap thread.

Haven't checked the weather reports.

Possible tarp game?

Pablo
12-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Succop doesn't concern me in the least.

If we lose, it will be because our defense puts their heads into their collective asses and doesn't get a couple gimme turnovers to make up for it.

Discuss Thrower
12-19-2013, 02:30 PM

He's made three "pressure" kicks: against the Steelers in OT in the 2009 season, the 2010 Buffalo game where, IIRC, he made the equalizer and the game winner, and the home game against San Diego in 2011.

The season was more or less over at the time of the Pittsburgh game, so the other two were "good" kicks considering beating the Bills meant the Chiefs improved to 5-2 and beating the Chargers moved them to 4-3 after a 0-3 start.

I might be behind the 8-ball compared to history, but the playoffs are an entirely different animal...

Super Bowl
12-19-2013, 02:33 PM
I pray for Indy. Baltimore is like Sgt. Brody. A "cockroach."

Super Bowl
12-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Ideal scenario (assuming we're the 5): Baltimore defeats Cincy. KC defeats Indy. KC defeats New England. Baltimore takes down Denver part 2. KC hosts the "cockroach" for a chance to represent the AFC in the SUPER BOWL. Those are our odds, if you ask me.