PDA

View Full Version : Football Wes Welker Likely out for Texans game.

TinyEvel
12-19-2013, 06:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000301014/article/wes-welker-expected-to-miss-denver-broncos-game

BELIEEEEEVEEEEE!!!!

The Denver Broncos' high-flying offense is expected to be without its star slot receiver for a second consecutive game.

Wes Welker's second concussion of the past two months will likely keep him out of Sunday's game at the Houston Texans, NFL Media's Albert Breer reports.

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer first reported that the Broncos will be without the receiver.

The evolution of the NFL:
Take a look at how the NFL has evolved from its humble roots, and the efforts being made to ensure it continues to grow.

It's a concern that Welker still has not been medically cleared to practice nearly two weeks after suffering the injury. Coach John Fox has said only that the receiver is "day to day."

We can't find any documented concussions for Welker prior to the 2013 season, but he had his bell rung going over the middle on multiple occasions in his six years with the New England Patriots. In a concussion-sensitive era, it's worth wondering if high-speed collisions will eventually lead to the extinction of the slot receiver.

Although Virgil Green started last week's game in a two-tight end set, Andre Caldwell saw the majority of the playing time in the slot, leading the team in targets, receptions, yards and touchdowns.

It's no coincidence that Peyton Manning had one of his least effective games of the season with Welker out of the lineup. For this offensive to operate at its highest level, the slot ninja will have to return in time for the postseason.

saphojunkie
12-19-2013, 06:41 PM
NOW UNLEASH THE WATT ON PEYTON.

TinyEvel
12-19-2013, 06:42 PM
So, the score will be 35-10 instead of 49-10?

OnTheWarpath15
12-19-2013, 06:42 PM
So, the score will be 35-10 instead of 49-10?

Hey, jerk.

Quit looking at the bay you installed and respond to my FB message.

LMAO

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-19-2013, 06:48 PM
John Fox says Wes Welker plays taller than he looks/Knowmo

RealSNR
12-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Donks will just have to put their best foot forward

Dayze
12-19-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't think it'll matter, to be honest.

Peyton has turned average receivers into highly productive ones in the past. no reason he can't with Welker out.

....though I hope to Christ this is the one time he can't.

nychief
12-19-2013, 06:50 PM
he is one good hit away from being gone for good and starting Welkah's Bar and Grill in south boston.

cosmo20002
12-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Welker's replacement last week had 6 catches for 59 yards and 2 TDs. The 6/59 is about what Welker's been doing.

GordonGekko
12-19-2013, 07:14 PM
John Fox says Wes Welker plays taller than he looks/Knowmo

C'mon dude, if you are going to do KnowMo, do it right...

"John Fox says Welker is like a white Jerry Rice with better hands, and Knowshon Moreno is a quicker version of Bo Jackson..." /Knowmo

ThaVirus
12-19-2013, 07:16 PM
No, no.

"I'm not worried about it. The regular season is just a walk through for us. This is gives us a chance to groom Andre Caldwell into the HOFer that he was destined to be."/KnowMo

GordonGekko
12-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Welker's replacement last week had 6 catches for 59 yards and 2 TDs. The 6/59 is about what Welker's been doing.

I was going to say, with Manning you could pretty much pull someone mildly athletic from the stands and put them in with no prep, and they'd end the game with 2-3 catches.

GordonGekko
12-19-2013, 07:19 PM
No, no.

"I'm not worried about it. The regular season is just a walk through for us. This is gives us a chance to groom Andre Caldwell into the HOFer that he was destined to be."/KnowMo

LMAO

I'm pretty sure Knowmo looks at each year's Denver draft class and immediately makes the assumption that 4 out of the 7 will be HoFers no doubt...

lcarus
12-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Donks will just have to put their best foot forward

It's gonna be tough. Welker is the heart and sole of that offense.

MotherfuckerJones
12-19-2013, 07:34 PM
I hope the Texans have 1 good win left in them. I mean they can't start 2-0 and go 2-14 can they?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Squab is audtioning for his next team.

morphius
12-19-2013, 07:44 PM
2 concussions that close together is a worry, hope for his ske, and ours, that he retires.

Ace Gunner
12-19-2013, 07:45 PM
championship
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199633/boshshower.gif

ChiefRocka
12-19-2013, 07:46 PM
No Foster, no Tate, no chance.

Ace Gunner
12-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Andre Johnson might wake up and put it on 'em

Bwana
12-19-2013, 07:48 PM
That's a good start. Lets hope JJ Watt has a career day and we take care of our own business.

Ace Gunner
12-19-2013, 07:51 PM
man it would be awesome if they lost

KC_Connection
12-19-2013, 07:52 PM
I don't think it'll matter, to be honest.

Peyton has turned average receivers into highly productive ones in the past. no reason he can't with Welker out.

....though I hope to Christ this is the one time he can't.
He couldn't do it against the league's worst defense at home just last week.

wink91wink
12-19-2013, 08:13 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1623026_o.gif

Halfcan
12-19-2013, 08:18 PM
NOW UNLEASH THE WATT ON PEYTON.

:thumb: a half dozen bone jarring sacks would be nice!

OnTheWarpath15
12-20-2013, 10:49 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10170718/wes-welker-denver-broncos-likely-playoffs

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos receiver Wes Welker is expected to be held out of the team's final two regular-season games as he recovers from two concussions in a span of three weeks.

Welker resumed light physical activity Thursday. On Friday, he will be formally ruled out of the Broncos' game Sunday against the Houston Texans, according to a team source.

League and team sources also say Welker will be held out of Denver's regular-season finale Dec. 29 against the Oakland Raiders.

The team's hope is that Welker, who left games in Week 11 and Week 14 with concussions, will recover in time to play in the postseason. Welker continues to be evaluated by the team's medical staff and an independent doctor as part of the league's concussion protocol.

A third concussion in such a short span could end Welker's season, and one source said the player's well-being is "still the highest priority."

Welker has not been medically cleared to practice, but on Thursday he spent some time working with the strength and conditioning staff in the team's weight room. Coach John Fox said Welker also did limited on-field work outside.

"The exercise is picking up,'' Fox said after practice. "They're doing more and more with him in the weight room, running around out here a little bit and ... he's doing better every day.''

Welker has not practiced since leaving the Broncos' Dec. 8 victory over the Tennessee Titans shortly before halftime. He was taken from the field after being hit by safety George Wilson, having suffered a concussion as well as a neck injury on the play. Welker suffered a concussion on Nov. 17 as well, during the team's 27-17 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs.

Welker returned against the Chiefs after being checked for concussion symptoms but left for good after another four plays. He played the next week against the New England Patriots.

The Broncos (11-3) can earn a first-round bye and home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs with victories over the Texans and Raiders. There are scenarios in which they can gain the same advantages with a win Sunday combined with losses by the Chiefs (home to the Indianapolis Colts) and the Patriots (at the Baltimore Ravens).

Offensive coordinator Adam Gase was asked Thursday if he had concerns about the offense's ability to continue on its torrid pace, especially on third down, without Welker.

"Not with the group we have," Gase said. "With [Andre] Caldwell, [Jacob] Tamme, [Eric] Decker being able to move around -- we've got a really good group of guys to fill in. Wes is a really good player and he's a hard guy to replace. But we've got a good group of guys that can fill in and make sure that we can put guys in position to make conversions."

With Welker a game-day inactive for last Thursday's loss to the San Diego Chargers, the Broncos scored a season-low 20 points and were 0-for-6 on third down in the first half.

htismaqe
12-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Not sure how I feel about that last sentence.

Personally, I think it's more about San Diego than Denver. The first game was close too. I think the coach is a big factor.

BossChief
12-20-2013, 11:01 AM
SD has almost always had Denver's number in those types of games.

TEX
12-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Not sure how I feel about that last sentence.

Personally, I think it's more about San Diego than Denver. The first game was close too. I think the coach is a big factor.

You nailed it for this season. But isn't Phyllis something like 5 out of 7 in Denver over his career?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Champ Bailey is likely back
double whammy

saphojunkie
12-20-2013, 12:23 PM
championship
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199633/boshshower.gif

I wonder just how many Miami skanks got some Heat in them that night.

MahiMike
12-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Can the Texans sign rivers for 1 game?