PDA

View Full Version : Misc Any other south paws?

rocknrolla
12-19-2013, 10:15 PM
I have always worn my watch on my right wrist. I have tried wearing it on my left wrist, it just doesn't feel right ( no pun). I look around and never see anyone wearing a watch on their right wrist.

Mosbonian
12-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Southpaw here and I wear mine on my left wrist.

LiveSteam
12-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Dammit! Boxing truly is dead.

Rain Man
12-19-2013, 10:20 PM
What direction am I facing?

If facing west, I'm mostly southpaw. But I do some things lefty and others righty.

Oddly, there was some facebook thingie that had you take a left brain/right brain test, and I came out 100% right brain. I thought that was odd, but I don't think it was a very scientific test. Facebook and all.

dmahurin
12-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Southpaw also, watch is on the right wrist. It just feels like it's in the way if it's on my left wrist.

stevieray
12-19-2013, 10:25 PM
yup!

right wrist!

Phobia
12-19-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm a righty but I bat lefty a lot. Does that help?

NewChief
12-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Lefty and left wrist.

Ace Gunner
12-19-2013, 10:35 PM

me too

but I only wear a watch for certain functions

Ace Gunner
12-19-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm a righty but I bat lefty a lot. Does that help?

TMI LMAO

Silock
Only when I'm fapping.

NewChief
me too

but I only wear a watch for certain functions

I don't wear a watch much, but I wear a leather bracelet pretty much daily.

Easy 6
12-19-2013, 10:41 PM
I am 98% right handed, the only inexorable exceptions... shooting any weapon and wearing a watch.

My left IS the control hand, though i cant stand to wear a watch anymore.

Sorce
12-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Eat and write left handed. Bat both ways (no homo as Dwayne Bowe would say) throw with my right. When I wear a watch it's on my right. However since I use a computer all day and use my right hand for the mouse it's a little annoying to wear a watch. Plus this thing called a cell phone has the time on it my watch is more jewelry at this point.

BigMeatballDave
12-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Write and eat lefty.

Everything else, righty.

I can rub one out with either. :)

Easy 6
12-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Write and eat lefty.

Everything else, righty.

I can rub one out with either. :)

You're a strange bird, when people have odd ways like that i tend to believe they're very good at the odd skill.

But you're not much of a writer, so you must be a good eater :D

Baby Lee
12-19-2013, 11:43 PM
After much much MUCH effort, I am fairly ambidextrous with my feet, but my right arm remains utterly useless.

I once tried to throw a rock right handed, the rock went straight up in the air, nearly struck me in the head and I fell into a nearby creek.

DAMN near Armageddon.

scorpio
12-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Lefty, watch on right wrist.

I do a lot of things with different hands. Write lefty, play guitar lefty. Bowl, golf, and throw a ball right-handed. I feel like I have more power with my left hand but I'm a lot more accurate with my right hand.

Phobia
12-19-2013, 11:45 PM

My wife has been bugging me to get one of those. She thinks it's sexy. You should stop by if you get up here. I don't think I want to wear one but I bet I get one for a gift...

rocknrolla
12-19-2013, 11:58 PM
I do everything lefty expect fap on occasion. Little leuge in th 70'for the life of her my mother could not find a lefty glove and had to throw like a girl for 2 seasons. they all tried to make me do everything right handed.

Coach
12-20-2013, 12:46 AM
Right handed here (throwing/writing) and wear a watch on left wrist.

threebag
12-20-2013, 03:09 AM
Righty here. I can finger a chick with either my right or my left

kcxiv
12-20-2013, 03:20 AM
Lefty here. i dont wear watches. I have my cell phone. I do always wear my head phones when i leave the house though! lol Thats how you ignore people. i didnt hear you! lol

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2013, 04:09 AM
You're a strange bird, when people have odd ways like that i tend to believe they're very good at the odd skill.

But you're not much of a writer, so you must be a good eater :D
LOL

Fire Me Boy!
12-20-2013, 05:51 AM
Southpaw here, watch on right wrist. Brother, dad, and wife are all lefties, too, all wear watches on left wrist. It's not natural.

J Diddy
12-20-2013, 06:00 AM
I'm not a south paw, however, in your honor I woke up and took a south pause.

That's right! I turned to the south and for no apparent reason just decided to pause.

So I hope you remember this special act on fate next time you're thinking of JFK who said clearly and loud, "Abe Lincoln, remember the Alamo!"

Baby Lee
12-20-2013, 06:42 AM
Southpaw here, watch on right wrist. Brother, dad, and wife are all lefties, too, all wear watches on left wrist. It's not natural.

Only lefty in the extended family that I have ever met, from great-grand-parents to newest additions, except my cousin [born 1 mo apart] who had it drummed out of him in grade school.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-20-2013, 06:47 AM

Same. Since we're talking about ambidextrous activity, I bat, golf, and play guitar right handed. Bowling, throwing, and writing is all left handed.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-20-2013, 07:44 AM
Shoot a pistol lefty but shoot a rifle righty. I (work) righty. I live lefty.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
12-20-2013, 07:51 AM
Totally left handed in everything except shooting a rifle or bow and arrow. Right eye dominant. I don't wear a watch but I do carry an old Waltham pocket watch because they are classic.

Radar Chief
12-20-2013, 08:01 AM

Groovy. :Peace:

Radar Chief
12-20-2013, 08:05 AM
I write left handed but throw, shoot, play bass right handed.

headsnap
12-20-2013, 08:12 AM
sinister and look left to tell time...

Sandy Vagina
12-20-2013, 08:17 AM
I have always worn my watch on my right wrist. I have tried wearing it on my left wrist, it just doesn't feel right ( no pun). I look around and never see anyone wearing a watch on their right wrist.

I don't wear watches... but I do prefer to box as a southpaw... and can throw a football or darts fairly well with my left, though I am right-handed.

Fire Me Boy!
12-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Only lefty in the extended family that I have ever met, from great-grand-parents to newest additions, except my cousin [born 1 mo apart] who had it drummed out of him in grade school.

My mother is the only righty in my immediate family.

Fire Me Boy!
12-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Same. Since we're talking about ambidextrous activity, I bat, golf, and play guitar right handed. Bowling, throwing, and writing is all left handed.

I can't do anything with my right hand. Might as well not even have it.

That said, I'm going to have to force myself to learn to shoot right handed. I've jacked up the ring finger on my left hand (ruptured ligament), and I can't bend it at the middle knuckle more than about 30 degrees. Physical therapy hasn't worked, and orthopedist thinks surgery would make it worse. I've spent almost $1,000 trying to fix this thing, and I've officially given up. So that makes gripping things with my left hand difficult unless I can do it with just my thumb and first two fingers.

mlyonsd
12-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Southpaw, watch on left hand. Probably stems from being old enough to have had watches that required winding.

NewChief
12-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Groovy. :Peace:

https://willleathergoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/33747_saddle_face.jpg

Anyong Bluth
12-20-2013, 09:34 AM

Ditto. No idea why- I think I just started when I was a little kid, and even though it used to bug me on rare occasions back in the day when I (and everyone) wrote long things by hand- before using a computer was par for the course and of course schoolwork. I tried switching it over and wearing it on my right wrist, but it felt so foreign and uncomfortable for some odd reason.

Anyong Bluth
12-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Lefty here. i dont wear watches. I have my cell phone. I do always wear my head phones when i leave the house though! lol Thats how you ignore people. i didnt hear you! lol

Yep, there's been times I have forgotten my phone and any other sort of music player while running around town taking care of some errands and I've had a pair of earbuds in my jacket pocket and simply put them in so it looks like I'm listening to something simply to avoid being bothered or ignore people if I'm hitting up mass transit.