PDA

View Full Version : Misc I need new shoes. Would you pull the trigger on this?

CoMoChief
12-21-2013, 06:44 PM
I know there have been multiple posts/threads about knock off Chiefs jerseys that are made out of China or somewhere over there. I bought one (before the new Nike jerseys came out) and I was surprisingly happy with the results. Got an Eric Berry jersey and other than the AFL LH patch being a little small compared to the real NFL merchandise, it's a great jersey for the price I paid for it ($22). I think it was tarajersey.com or something like that.

Anyways...I'm in the market for purchasing new sneakers. I make them last usually being that I only purchase a new pair once every 3-4 yrs. I've been shopping around...looking on amazon and other online stores. Went to the mall Xmas shopping for other people and stopped in places like Finish Line, Champs, went to Dick's. I really like these Nike Air Max shoes.

http://www.finishline.com/store/images/products/lg554886-101_fl.jpg

Here's the problem...call me a cheap bastard but the retail price on these shoes is anywhere from $140 - $180 (can you believe that shit? $90 per shoe?!?! - I remember when $90 was expensive for a pair of shoes).

So I do a google search for "cheap nike air max shoes" and come up to this site.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-cheap-men-s-max-running-shoes-fashion-men-s-nikeelying-air/1564219851.html?s=p

Here they have the same shoe (or what appears to be) $65. Save an extra $5 if I use a MC credit card to place the order. The only bad thing? It "can" take up to 27 days to receive my order. I read the return policy which I'm fine with...but let's be honest that's a giant pain in the ass.

This is the same kinda deal like the jersey. This company I believe is based out of Hong Kong. I would hope it's a real Nike product and not some knock off cheap pos which I'm almost beginning to think it is. At least w/ the jerseys you could see the picture and if you're a die hard fan you can tell that they were knockoffs just by what the picture looks like. In this case I can't tell. I know that most Nike shoes are made over there in that area by 5yr old slave children. Other than Chiefs jerseys...have any of you bought shoes online like this?

Al Bundy
12-21-2013, 06:48 PM
I know there have been multiple posts/threads about knock off Chiefs jerseys that are made out of China or somewhere over there. I bought one (before the new Nike jerseys came out) and I was surprisingly happy with the results. Got an Eric Berry jersey and other than the AFL LH patch being a little small compared to the real NFL merchandise, it's a great jersey for the price I paid for it ($22). I think it was tarajersey.com or something like that.

Anyways...I'm in the market for purchasing new sneakers. I make them last usually being that I only purchase a new pair once every 3-4 yrs. I've been shopping around...looking on amazon and other online stores. Went to the mall Xmas shopping for other people and stopped in places like Finish Line, Champs, went to Dick's. I really like these Nike Air Max shoes.

http://www.finishline.com/store/images/products/lg554886-101_fl.jpg

Here's the problem...call me a cheap bastard but the retail price on these shoes is anywhere from $140 - $180 (can you believe that shit? $90 per shoe?!?! - I remember when $90 was expensive for a pair of shoes).

So I do a google search for "cheap nike air max shoes" and come up to this site.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-cheap-men-s-max-running-shoes-fashion-men-s-nikeelying-air/1564219851.html?s=p

Here they have the same shoe (or what appears to be) $65. Save an extra $5 if I use a MC credit card to place the order. The only bad thing? It "can" take up to 27 days to receive my order. I read the return policy which I'm fine with...but let's be honest that's a giant pain in the ass.

This is the same kinda deal like the jersey. This company I believe is based out of Hong Kong. I would hope it's a real Nike product and not some knock off cheap pos which I'm almost beginning to think it is. At least w/ the jerseys you could see the picture and if you're a die hard fan you can tell that they were knockoffs just by what the picture looks like. In this case I can't tell. I know that most Nike shoes are made over there in that area by 5yr old slave children. Other than Chiefs jerseys...have any of you bought shoes online like this?

Never from any place like this.

-King-
12-21-2013, 06:48 PM
The shoes on that site are fakes.

Baby Lee
12-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Real Air Maxes are worth shopping high and low for, and/or waiting a bit for if necessary.

Does the Olathe Outlet Mall have a Nike Store. I got some Air Maxes [3 pair] at St. Louis Mills for $40 a pair when they had a seasonal closeout.

Saulbadguy
12-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Dumbass.

CoMoChief
12-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Dumbass.

always great to hear this guy's input.

-King-
12-21-2013, 06:51 PM
The Nike outlet down at the Legends usually has good deals on running shoes. Got some AM90s for 50.

CoMoChief
12-21-2013, 07:00 PM
The Nike outlet down at the Legends usually has good deals on running shoes. Got some AM90s for 50.

I'll have to check that out. thx

penguinz
12-21-2013, 07:00 PM
3-4 years on sneakers? Do you only wear them a few days a year?

Al Bundy
12-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Fake shoes on that site. However, I do have the orange Air Max shoes like the white ones you mentioned and they are great.

CoMoChief
12-21-2013, 08:27 PM

haha...from about mid March to Oct I'm a sandals guy if the weather is cooperative.

I have a couple pears of sketchers I normally wear.

Yeah I don't wear sneakers a whole lot unless I'm working out. And i have a designated pair for that already.

I bought some Air Max's back in 2010 and up until about a couple months ago they were in excellent shape.

Shogun
12-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Go to Gary Gribbles and get your Gait tested and then let them bring you shoes. Thats the best way to get a shoe that is made just for you that is completely comfortable.

12-21-2013, 08:49 PM
I buy all my shoes from www.roadrunnersports.com

12-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Go to Gary Gribbles and get your Gait tested and then let them bring you shoes. Thats the best way to get a shoe that is made just for you that is completely comfortable.

heh, when I am in doubt I go there, then find the best price online.

Baby Lee
12-21-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm a sandals guy

Disregard all prior correspondence, pearls and swine and all. ;)

Hammock Parties
12-21-2013, 08:53 PM
If you spend $150 on sneakers you deserve what you get.

12-21-2013, 08:56 PM

If you are a runner you absolutely do.

Baby Lee
12-21-2013, 08:57 PM

Not everyone is terminally cankle limited.

Simply Red
12-21-2013, 09:00 PM
that site sucks balls, they're a third party liquidation site, half the time they'll cancel on you - and the other half, will arrive in like a month.

12-21-2013, 09:04 PM
no kidding. I put 400 miles on mine in less than 6 months.

a pp roach
12-21-2013, 09:08 PM
if by "pull the trigger" you mean literally put a bullet through that shoe, then yes...yes i would

Dallas Chief
12-21-2013, 09:23 PM
If you are a runner you absolutely do.

Really? I have been running for nearly 30 years and have never spent more than $100. Usually buy a new pair every year on my birthday or about every 1000 miles, whichever comes first. No injury history either...

threebag
12-21-2013, 11:32 PM
I buy the shoes I want no matter what the cost.

milkman
12-21-2013, 11:36 PM
I almost always buy my shoes on clearence at Big 5.

Good, comfortable shoes at a reasonable price.

Pants
12-21-2013, 11:49 PM
www.zappos.com

rocknrolla
12-22-2013, 12:00 AM

No shit! I'm lucky to get 6 months out of mine. That being said, I won't spend over $100.

Dayze
12-22-2013, 03:18 AM
Sketchers bitches!!!!!!!

Phobia
12-22-2013, 03:32 AM
I destroy my sneakers very quickly. It's unbelievable. I have sneakers I've bought the wife a decade ago that look brand new and I know she's put miles on them. I have a pair of kicks for a week and they look a year old. I don't even try any longer. Just go buy another pair.

Dayze
12-22-2013, 03:59 AM
I have 1 pair that are 10 yrs old. I remember because I bought them just before my bachelor party. and another that are 6 years old because i bought them when I went on vacation.

otherwise, I't s flip flops or work shoes for me.

Phobia
12-22-2013, 04:50 AM
I have 1 pair that are 10 yrs old. I remember because I bought them just before my bachelor party. and another that are 6 years old because i bought them when I went on vacation.

otherwise, I't s flip flops or work shoes for me.

You've got to be kidding me. I've had probably 8 or 9 pair just in the last year. The last pair I bought probably in September... I need to replace them already.

MTG#10
12-22-2013, 07:16 AM
I can't buy Nike Airs anymore. The last three pairs I've bought started to squeak and make an annoying high pitched whistling sound when they got the slightest amount of moisture on them. I'm an Adidas/Puma guy now.