PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Time to trade Dwayne Bowe

CoMoChief
12-22-2013, 02:58 PM
I don't care to who. It just needs to happen.

Many people aren't going to like this and that's fine.

But for the amount of money this guy is making....overall he's done more harm than good for this team. Not to mention who knows how long he'll get suspended for after his court ruling.

Today was the last straw for me. He really played like he just didn't care. Yes the ref completely missed the grabbing of the jersey, but Bowe's effort today was terrible and It's been at best sub par all season.

Bowe doesn't have elite speed. Ok so he's a possession receiver...problem is he can't catch the damn ball. Whether or not the stars align for us, reality is, is that this team was still in contention for HFA and a 1st rd bye in the playoffs. Bowe doesn't care. he just wants to point to his fucking name on the back of his jersey and think he's a badass.

Fuck Dwayne Bowe. I'm tired of his shit and lackluster play.

CoMoChief
12-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Hey waddya know...just when I posted this Bowe dropped another pass, would have put the Chiefs in the RZ.

HonestChieffan
12-22-2013, 03:00 PM
This will be good

Molitoth
I've always been a Bowe supporter until this year.

He NEVER gives effort, and just always looks for the PI call.
He always looks for the one handed grab instead of using two hands.
He still catches with his pads like a fucking high school player.

Trade him.

tmw4h5
Because so many GMs are going to be willing to take on a contract of that size.
Cool thread.

GordonGekko
He'll make a good Patriot

Ragged Robin
12-22-2013, 03:01 PM
You can argue that he lost the game today. Virtually every offensive turnover came immediately AFTER a drop/**** up by him.

kcpasco
Why won't he use his hands instead of his body?

Lazy?

Nightfyre
Como thread is como thread.

notorious
12-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Who will block for Jamaal?

KCUnited
12-22-2013, 03:02 PM
You can argue that he lost the game today. Virtually every offensive turnover came immediately AFTER a drop/**** up by him.

ROFL

R8RFAN
12-22-2013, 03:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5dZXT.gif

displacedinMN
12-22-2013, 03:04 PM
in

TribalElder
12-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Poooooooooooooop

Splash

Wipe

Flush

ViperVisor
12-22-2013, 03:05 PM
He was 1 of many who played like the game didn't matter.

Shogun
12-22-2013, 03:07 PM
And who will replace him? Donnie Avery? Junior Hemmingway? Do you think that we will get his replacement in a trade of him? I sure don't. Nobody is going to take on his contract. A draft pick maybe, but that doesn't make sense because we gave him all of that cash. He is still the best receiver on this team that isnt #25, and he is a runningback. Please elaborate.

jd1020
12-22-2013, 03:08 PM
I can't believe Alex is being asked to play with such bums and never have beens like Bowe.

He deserves much better.

FringeNC
12-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Bowe is not a #1 WR let alone a top 10.

RealSNR
12-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Do you know how the fucking cap works?

No. Of course you don't. You're a moron.

FloridaMan88
12-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Bowe needs a coach like Todd Haley to challenge him.

BlackHelicopters
:popcorn:

stevieray
I'm done with Bowe..his play is completely static.

Ragged Robin
He was very consistent and killing drives today.

Down4Chiefs

Lazy?

this is what pisses me off,so many balls get knocked out because he wont catch with his hands away from his body. Ive always thought Bowe was overated and wouldn't have minded letting him walk at all. ive watched him do a lot of stat padding when the game was already over and the opposing defense gave plenty of room and didn't care anymore. Ive seen him drop a lot of passes at pivitol moments. He's not number one guy material,but due to KC's history being far from rich when it comes to recievers Bowe gets a BIG fat pass from fans.

Red Dawg
12-22-2013, 03:11 PM
I wish they could but his money and stats will make it impossible. We messed up keeping him. He looked very unintrested and pitiful today. Lazy is what he is and he has zero drive to be great. Dorsey should have let hit sorry ass walk. Big slow and can't catch worth a shit.

notorious
12-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Bowe is decent, but nothing special.

KCwolf
12-22-2013, 03:12 PM
This will be good

What will Be Good exactly? No Brainer if your a Chiefs fan ... PERIOD

Pasta Little Brioni
12-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Good now he will go ape shit in the postseason.

RealSNR
12-22-2013, 03:14 PM
If you trade Bowe, our cap turns into the Raiders' 2 years ago. We won't be able to pay shit.

Bowe had a hell of a shitty game. We desperately could use a better WR than him.

But he's not leaving the team, and just telling him to go because "you're sick of him" is idiocy.

Baby Lee
12-22-2013, 03:14 PM

Lazy?

La-Z-Bowe.™

Pitt Gorilla
12-22-2013, 03:16 PM
He's been doing the same crap for some time now; this is nothing new.

stevieray
12-22-2013, 03:16 PM
.....he's not going anywhere..on or off the field.

I just refuse to think the guy is gonna come through when it counts the most. ..he's never shown that he is even remotely capable of doing so.

RunKC
12-22-2013, 03:20 PM
The Chiefs need to bring in a vet WR and draft a WR in the first or third round.

tecumseh
Bowe just isn't a #1 WR. But, oops, They paid him. So it's going to be a couple of seasons as he dwindles down the depth chart.

CoMoChief
Because so many GMs are going to be willing to take on a contract of that size.
Cool thread.

Glad to know you have the inside track on what GM's around the NFL are thinking. I'll look for you in April '14 when the draft comes around, maybe you can provide us all with some inside GM info from around the league.

Baby Lee
12-22-2013, 03:22 PM
.....he's not going anywhere..on or off the field.

I just refuse to think the guy is gonna come through when it counts the most. ..he's never shown that he is even remotely capable of doing so.

For all the drama on the talk shows about the 'Boys, I'd take Dez @ WR, tantrums and all, in a heartbeat.

CoMoChief
12-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Do you know how the ****ing cap works?

No. Of course you don't. You're a moron.

I guess you didn't read my post about "trading" Bowe and not releasing him.

If you're blabbering about how no team is willing to take on his contract...that is just speculation and something you really don't know either way.

RealSNR
12-22-2013, 03:24 PM
I guess you didn't read my post about "trading" Bowe and not releasing him.

If you're blabbering about how no team is willing to take on his contract...that is just speculation and something you really don't know either way.

We still pay out the ass if we trade him. The cap hit is still there.

notorious
12-22-2013, 03:24 PM
He is a waste of cap money, that's for sure.

FloridaMan88
12-22-2013, 03:25 PM
It will never happen, but it would be great for Bowe to have Todd Haley come back as the Chiefs WR's coach.

That is exactly what he needs… a constant fire under his ass.

KCinNY
12-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Great idea.

Lord knows Dex and Avery need alot more targets.

CoMoChief
12-22-2013, 03:26 PM
For all the drama on the talk shows about the 'Boys, I'd take Dez @ WR, tantrums and all, in a heartbeat.

Exactly. He's a god damn playmaker.

FringeNC
12-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Whatever regarding bowe's future - but wow that was a bad game. How can a WR drop so many easy catches?

farmerchief
12-22-2013, 03:27 PM
The Chiefs need to bring in a vet WR and draft a WR in the first or third round.
Safety,Wr,CB, is what this team needs in the draft, in no particular order, but I'm leaning towards safety!

CoMoChief
It will never happen, but it would be great for Bowe to have Todd Haley come back as the Chiefs WR's coach.

You're right that would never happen.

But this is the shit I'm talking about...if you're in the NFL and want to help your team make the ****ing SB, but need someone to light a fire under your ass, then you're no good to the team. It shows in Bowe's play.

Bowe's a grown man, with the effort of a HS player.

Contrary to the ultimate homerism on this board...assuming every WR in the NFL is healthy, Bowe's not even a top 20 WR

Baby Lee
Whatever regarding bowe's future - but wow that was a bad game. How can a WR drop so many easy catches?

Well when you are tyring to catch throws from a dumpster fire of a human like Alex Smith, easy becomes . . . less? . . easy? . . .

kcpasco
Maybe Bowe needs the fans to turn on him some. He got a free pass here for years and I was one of them.

But then again he already got paid so I doubt he gives a shit.

tonyetony
12-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Bowe would have to have be very productive in the playoffs just to get someone interested enough to entertain the thought. His play on the field and conduct off the field nullifies the contract we gave him and everyone knows it.

stevieray

cause he WAITS for the ball, instead of going after it.

Ragged Robin
Well when you are tyring to catch throws from a dumpster fire of a human like Alex Smith, easy becomes . . . less? . . easy? . . .

There was probably about 7 balls that hit his hands today that ended up on the turf. Obv Alex's fault.

stevieray
12-22-2013, 03:29 PM
There was probably about 7 balls that hit his hands today that ended up on the turf. Obv Alex's fault.

meter. check it.

ViperVisor
12-22-2013, 03:31 PM

and at the last second try a 1 handed cradle catch. Like that possible TD right before the INT short of Fasano.

Ragged Robin
meter. check it.

Once I get this game on my computer I'll make a season lowlight reel of his drops.

Baby Lee

Yeah but those balls had backup QB juju all over them.

You expect him to catch that shit AND point at the back of his jersey?!?

WTF?!!?

KChiefs1
12-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Bowe is not a #1 WR let alone a top 25.

FYP

ClevelandBronco
12-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Better keep him. They're going to need him at #2.

CoMoChief
12-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Better keep him. They're going to need him at #2.

**** Bowe at #2

guy can't catch the ball.

I was all for drafting Keenan Allen in the 3rd ****ing rd and I got a lot of shit on the board because of it. Instead we drafted a backup RB that fumbles a lot.

Keenan Allen is 10x better WR than Bowe...and he's not even a pure #1

Red Dawg

But this is the shit I'm talking about...if you're in the NFL and want to help your team make the ****ing SB, but need someone to light a fire under your ass, then you're no good to the team. It shows in Bowe's play.

Contrary to the ultimate homerism on this board...assuming every WR in the NFL is healthy, Bowe's not even a top 20 WR

It definitely a priority for Dorsey. Fix the damn Wr depth and starters. We have shit to work with.

Easy 6
As bad as he looks some days, he's still the best we have at the moment... that'll change next year i bet.

He'll make a far better second option.

stevieray
plus....dude put yellow rims on a charger...:shake:

;)

Bwana
12-22-2013, 03:36 PM

He is one lazy bastard no doubt about that. The guy has lost all his fire and doesn't seem to give a shit at this point.

jd1020
12-22-2013, 03:36 PM
If Bowe were getting the same amount of targets as he's used to I bet no one would be talking about Bowe being a "shit WR that wouldn't be a good #2 option."

I admit though, he never dropped passes before this season while being praised as a #1 WR and top 10 in the league.

Easy 6
12-22-2013, 03:37 PM

Not a bad idea at all, but hothead would balk at a demotion to position coach.

Baby Lee
Bowe reminds me of an elderly Clydesdale that somehow wandered into Belmont Stakes.

gosampel
:DWho will block for Jamaal?

Alex Smith,

FringeNC
12-22-2013, 03:38 PM
As bad as he looks some days, he's still the best we have at the moment... that'll change next year i bet.

He'll make a far better second option.

I dunno. I think Dorsey will have failed if Bowe is even a #2 next year.

Bwana
If Bowe were getting the same amount of targets as he's used to I bet no one would be talking about Bowe being a "shit WR that wouldn't be a good #2 option."

He isn't getting any seperation from the DB's and lets a lot of the balls that come his way bounce off his hands.

ClevelandBronco
**** Bowe at #2

guy can't catch the ball.

I was all for drafting Keenan Allen in the 4th ****ing rd and I got a lot of shit on the board because of it.

Keenan Allen is 10x better WR than Bowe...and he's not even a pure #1

Being demoted could piss him off and help him focus. Taking some of the pressure off could help him out. Besides, what's he worth to anyone else with the big contract hanging on his neck?

jd1020
He is one lazy bastard no doubt about that. The guy has lost all his fire and doesn't seem to give a shit at this point.

Can't really blame him.

He's not the first player and won't be the last player to become less interested in a passing game that used to go through him and now goes through the RB.

jd1020
12-22-2013, 03:39 PM
He isn't getting any seperation from the DB's and lets a lot of the balls that come his way bounce off his hands.

So whats the difference between this year and the rest of his career?

Easy 6
12-22-2013, 03:41 PM
I dunno. I think Dorsey will have failed if Bowe is even a #2 next year.

Its definitely going to be interesting to see what moves we make at receiver, hotly anticipated for sure... cant wait.

Mojo Jojo

I admit though, he never dropped passes before this season while being praised as a #1 WR and top 10 in the league.

??? Bowe has a history of dropping passes...this year is nothing new.

FringeNC
So whats the difference between this year and the rest of his career?

Hilarious. I am guessing you watched the game and yet somehow blame Bowe's lack of stats today on Alex Smith.

jd1020
??? Bowe has a history of dropping passes...this year is nothing new.

So you caught onto that did ya?

stevieray
12-22-2013, 03:42 PM
when he first comes on the field at home, you know what he does? runs down to the endzone waving his hand for accolades from the fans.

I shit you not.

kcpasco
12-22-2013, 03:43 PM
He isn't getting any seperation from the DB's and lets a lot of the balls that come his way bounce off his chest.

FYP

jd1020
12-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Hilarious. I am guessing you watched the game and yet somehow blame Bowe's lack of stats today on Alex Smith.

No.

It's Bowe. It's been this way his entire fucking career.

The only difference is that the passing game now goes through the RB and he's probably lost a bit of passion for the game.

But don't let me stop you from going "BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE" in the game thread the next time he sheds 5 tackles and walks into the end zone.

FringeNC
12-22-2013, 03:44 PM
No.

It's Bowe. It's been this way his entire ****ing career.

The only difference is that the passing game now goes through the RB and he's probably lost a bit of passion for the game.

But don't let me stop you from going "BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE" in the game thread the next time he sheds 5 tackles and walks into the end zone.

Bowe's problem is not a lack of targeting.

milkman
12-22-2013, 03:50 PM
You can't trade Bowe.
His bonus accelerates to the cap, just as it does if you cut him.

His effort has been lackluster.
The coaching staff has to light a fire under his ass.

laughsatyou907
12-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Agreed, Bowe is a bum.

rocks
12-22-2013, 03:52 PM
He is a great #2 and has been since we got him. Not a thing has changed with him IMO.

ViperVisor
12-22-2013, 03:53 PM
The final pass in the Denver game is another that bothered me.

He was in his own world.

Never turned his dum dum head around to look for the damn ball.

If he looks for the pass he could of seen and easily out-reached the smaller DBs and maybe come down with the catch.

He never saw it till it was halfway to the goal-line.

FringeNC
12-22-2013, 03:54 PM
You can't trade Bowe.

At this point, lack of effort is best-case scenario. I doubt Reid would be trotting him out there if he wasn't trying, though. Appears he's done.

scho63
12-22-2013, 03:57 PM
His route running sucks! Soft like a limp noodle

milkman
12-22-2013, 03:57 PM
At this point, lack of effort is best-case scenario. I doubt Reid would be trotting him out there if he wasn't trying, though. Appears he's done.

Yeah, cause they have so many options.

12-22-2013, 03:58 PM
The whole team was shit today other than colquit

Bwana
12-22-2013, 04:01 PM
You can't trade Bowe.

Exactly, it would seem we are stuck with the guy and it would be nice if the coaching staff could figure out a way to motivate him. What happens to the cap mumber if he gets caught with a trunk load of weed and gets booted by Goodell? :evil:

milkman
12-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Exactly, it would seem we are stuck with the guy and it would be nice if the coaching staff could figure out a way to motivate him. What happens to the cap mumber if he gets caught with a trunk load of weed and gets booted by Goodell? :evil:

Same as getting cut, I believe.
Not sure on that, though.

GloryDayz
12-22-2013, 04:10 PM
I would love to see him gone but I don't think they'll get rid of him. That being said, I'd sure look to find somebody who's a bit faster than him. He has great size, but has no clue about how to use his hands to compliment his body size.

I'll say this, unlike many franchise WRs. I don't think any other DC game-plans around him. At his price, that's pretty bad..

Saccopoo
12-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Best case at this point is move him to the slot a la Boldin, but he certainly doesn't have Anquan's fire for the game.

I'm pretty sure that they were seriously considering a dump of Bowe after the franchise tag year when they drafted Jon Baldwin, but Baldwin turned out to be so bad that they didn't have any choice but to give Bowe another deal. Add to that that the WR position is and has been very thin for the past several years. They got stuck with him because that's all they had.

Probably missed the boat on Keenan Allen or Terrance Williams when they dropped last year. Allen was oft-considered the #1 WR until he posted a slow 40. However, they didn't have much at tight end either. Beyond Charles, heading into the 2013 Draft, this team was really short talent wise at the offensive skill positions and still is suffering from that.

All I know is that they better be looking at some guys with good hands who runs good routes. I'm not really giving two shits about a dude running a 4.35 40 if he can't hold onto the ball over the middle. Guys like Pitt's Devin Street, BYU's Cody Hoffman, Texas' Mike Davis.

PunkinDrublic
12-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Bowe wasn't the reason we lost today. It wasn't the current regime that gave him the contract. All you can do is let him play out the contract and cut him loose when it's done. If we start whiffing again like we did when we drafted Baldwin, then I'll be worried.

gosampel
12-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Bowe just need to step up and play at a better level

Mr. Laz
12-22-2013, 04:25 PM
too late, we already paid him.

i think we already tried to trade him and couldn't.

ClevelandBronco
12-22-2013, 04:28 PM

Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll attend the Von Miller offseason training program.

gosampel
12-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Didn't he come to KC with some issues coming in? Like he wouldn't sign on time or something , I knew he was trouble with stuff like that

GloryDayz
12-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Bowe just need to step up and play at a better level

I don't think he can play any better than this. He either lacks the understanding to what he needs to do in order to make these catches (focus and the ball, and use his hands [away from his body] to make catches), or he doesn't have the talent to make those things happen.

I seriously would love to see him run faster, but I don't see him getting any faster. I'm just concerned that he can't watch Tony Gonzalez tape and see how it's supposed to be done, then do it. And he may not be a TE, but he sure isn't a prototypical WR because of his lack of separation speed.

notorious
12-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll attend the Von Miller offseason training program.

That would be the best way to use his skills.

Send Bowe to Denver with a pickup full of weed and let things work themselves out.

Miller and Bowe suspended, Bowe's contract is voided and Miller is out for the year.

WIN/WIN

GloryDayz
12-22-2013, 04:32 PM

I doubt it. I get the impression he does little other than show up for practice and the games.

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Didn't he come to KC with some issues coming in?

Huh?

He was drafted by the Chiefs. No issues that I know of.

He caught 70 his rookie year and 86 the following year.

All from shitty QBs.

gosampel
12-22-2013, 04:34 PM
I don't think he can play any better than this. He either lacks the understanding to what he needs to do in order to make these catches (focus and the ball, and use his hands [away from his body] to make catches), or he doesn't have the talent to make those things happen.

I seriously would love to see him run faster, but I don't see him getting any faster. I'm just concerned that he can't watch Tony Gonzalez tape and see how it's supposed to be done, then do it. And he may not be a TE, but he sure isn't a prototypical WR because of his lack of separation speed.

Yah like Mr. Laz said we already payed him so I don't think he is going to change anything

gosampel
12-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Huh?

He was drafted by the Chiefs. No issues that I know of.

He caught 70 his rookie year and 86 the following year.

All from shitty QBs.

I think he was sign on time issues

gosampel
12-22-2013, 04:36 PM
I ought to go to the game next wk at the Q

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Like he wouldn't sign on time or something , I knew he was trouble with stuff like that

This has absolutely nothing to do with this season anyway.

gosampel
12-22-2013, 04:39 PM
This has absolutely nothing to do with this season anyway.

No but he is a problem player is the point I'm making here and oak got ball back

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Bowe wasn't the reason we lost today. It wasn't the current regime that gave him the contract. All you can do is let him play out the contract and cut him loose when it's done. If we start whiffing again like we did when we drafted Baldwin, then I'll be worried.

Bowe just signed a new deal this year.

GloryDayz
12-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Yah like Mr. Laz said we already payed him so I don't think he is going to change anything

Well even if he's dead weight (which he is) that we can't get rid of (which we prolly can't), it doesn't mean you don't start hiring other players who don't suck as much as he does on so many crucial plays. Like cASSHOLE used to do in the packet, when Bowe needs to make a catch, he shits his diaper.

gosampel
12-22-2013, 04:40 PM
He cant put up big numbers at least for this team

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2013, 04:41 PM
No but he is a problem player is the point I'm making here

Explain the 86 catches his 2nd year.

Explain his 15 TDs in 2010.

jd1020
12-22-2013, 04:43 PM

Clearly had a better QB and didn't drop the ball.

TLO
12-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Trade Bowe for what? A bag of footballs? Johnathan Baldwin?

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Clearly had a better QB.

LMAO Okay

stumppy
12-22-2013, 04:55 PM
He plays like someone who is just putting in their time. (IMO)
He looks like he has absolutely no motivation.

Bl00dyBizkitz
12-22-2013, 04:57 PM

He wasn't getting paid as much as he is now.

I'm serious.

Ragged Robin
12-22-2013, 04:59 PM

He wasn't even pissed after any of the **** ups aside for the couple he complained about PI for. He just walked to the sideline like nothing happened.

GloryDayz
12-22-2013, 05:02 PM

I'm sure only he and his agent disagree...

GloryDayz
12-22-2013, 05:06 PM
He wasn't even pissed after any of the **** ups aside for the couple he complained about PI for. He just walked to the sideline like nothing happened.

He made it easy to leave the game early and head home. We thought about hot chocolate at the stadium, but it seemed wrong to spend more money there, for that showing then to stop by Dunkin Donuts on the way home... They young one was giddy....

I was happy that we didn't spend anything at Arrowhead today.. Parked across the street and saved $12 and bought no concessions...

MahiMike
12-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Never pay these guys

GloryDayz
12-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Never pay these guys

As Belichick has proven time and time again...

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Draft a 1st rd WR and move Bowe to TE, lolz.

GloryDayz
12-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Draft a 1st rd WR and move Bowe to TE, lolz.

It's not a bad idea actually. He's just NOT a WR, no matter what he thinks.

Eleazar
12-22-2013, 05:20 PM
His effort is definitely questionable. He's a lot like Randy Moss in that way. All the skills in the world, but plays when he wants to play

hitchief
12-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Not gonna happen but I'm in total agreement with most of the post in this thread.\

Just before Alex's second pick, which sucked, he makes a perfect pass to the back pylon and what does Bowe do? Reaches with one stinking arm, doesn't fight for the ball and doesn't even try to draw the stinking PI. Can anyone say Manning to: Decker, Thomas, Welker or the TE? cause I've seen all of them make that exact catch over and over again or at least draw the PI. Very frustrating!

We also need a TE but maybe Kelce can fill the bill cause Fasano is average at best.

mdchiefsfan
12-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Yeah but those balls had backup QB juju all over them.

You expect him to catch that shit AND point at the back of his jersey?!?

WTF?!!?

LMAO

JoeyChuckles
12-22-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm with the thread starter. You always want to trade a player right when they sign a big contract and are playing their worst.

Chief Pote
12-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Good thing I'm not an NFL coach, I'd cut the mother fucker.

ghak99
12-22-2013, 05:41 PM
He reminds me of a lot of pot heads I know.

HonestChieffan
12-22-2013, 05:42 PM
His effort is definitely questionable. He's a lot like Randy Moss in that way. All the skills in the world, but plays when he wants to play

Yes but Moss gave a shit. Bowe couldn't care the fuck less.

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Yes but Moss gave a shit. Bowe couldn't care the **** less.

After watching Moss in his final year, believe me, Cochise perfectly NAILED the comparison.

GloryDayz
12-22-2013, 06:01 PM

I don't agree with that part. If he had the skills he'd make these catches that he's not. He's lazy and stubborn. And that comment is giving him some wiggle-room to A) start caring and B) learn the skills he'd need to improve.

But I don't think he can, I think his "skills" are at their limit and this is all we're going to see. And his attitude just compounds the problem of being at his talent limit.

So he'll make some special catch some time soon and folks will yell, "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOWE", but that doesn't make him awesome, it just means he made one all-to-rare catch.

Bl00dyBizkitz
12-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Dude needs competition. Something to elevate his ceiling and make him compete for his #1 WR spot. Maybe a new talent out of the draft who's hungrier than Bowe might make him work for his paycheck.

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Dude needs competition. Something to elevate his ceiling and make him compete for his #1 WR spot. Maybe a new talent out of the draft who's hungrier than Bowe might make him work for his paycheck.

Need to upgrade at WR without question... but since Bowe has been paid, he won't at any point feel threatened or worried about his job security. He won't suddenly give 100% with another being brought in. He's content to rest on his past accomplishments and reputation.. knowing that a departure would brutalize the Chiefs' cap situation.

:deevee:

mdchiefsfan
12-22-2013, 06:09 PM

this

CoMoChief
12-22-2013, 06:11 PM

I'm surprised he didn't look into the CBS sideline cam and give it a wink or 2, then point to his name, like we already don't know who the fuck he is or something. That cocky overrated overpaid assfuck.

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Good thing I'm not an NFL coach, I'd cut the mother fucker.

LMAO Yeah, you know how personnel moves work in the NFL...

CoMoChief
12-22-2013, 06:15 PM

Bowe's getting paid either way.

This would only work if Bowe clearly wants to be the best that he can be and give 100% effort, which he clearly doesn't. He plays like someone that is putting him time in, and knows he'll get paid no matter what.

Bl00dyBizkitz
12-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Bowe's getting paid either way.

This would only work if Bowe clearly wants to be the best that he can be and give 100% effort, which he clearly doesn't. He plays like someone that is putting him time in, and knows he'll get paid no matter what.

Fair enough. If only he gave 2 shits about being in the #1 WR slot. Still, we should draft a WR. Good idea.

Buzz
12-22-2013, 06:39 PM
He probably should not have burnt that 2nd blunt before the game.

J Diddy
12-22-2013, 06:43 PM
He probably should not have burnt that 2nd blunt before the game.

It's all good. He never smoked any of it.

Everytime he tried to pull it in to his lips, he dropped it.

Mav
12-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Actually, Adding an explosive Te should be this offenses priority.

Buzz
12-22-2013, 06:50 PM
It's all good. He never smoked any of it.

Everytime he tried to pull it in to his lips, he dropped it.

ROFL

MahiMike
12-22-2013, 07:01 PM
The thing I noticed in the 1st half was Alex was forcing a lot of throws to bowe for some reason. He doesn't normally do that. Every pass his way is one taken away from guys that will actually make an effort.

Eleazar
12-22-2013, 07:08 PM
It seems like Bowe gives effort sometimes, but if he's double-teamed constantly or if things aren't going his way that day, he just kind of packs it in

CoMoChief
12-22-2013, 07:22 PM
A friend of mine (met through another friend) were having a conversation at a party bullshitting about the Chiefs. He currently works for the FBI downtown. On the side he used to work for the Chiefs and used to handle their headset/phone equip management, channel frequencies, phones etc. He did this job up until last year with Romeo and Pioli.

He said his job w/ the Chiefs allowed him to listen in on what coaches said over the headsets, phones etc.

- 1st thing he told me was that Dwayne Bowe is a complete dumbass...just a stupid human being, not the sharpest crayon in the box etc. Doesn't know the playbook for shit so coaches just tell him to run simple routes because his football mind is like a HS at best. This could be the reason why he doesn't get very much separation from his defenders but yet instead uses his big body more to shield them away. These are his words not mine. He laughed his ass off at the news when KC re-signed him to a big new long term deal, calling it one of dumbest contract extensions in recent Chiefs history.

On a side note this is what he said about past coaches on the headset from out conversation:

-When Herm got excited he'd start talking jive a little bit and his ebonics was so bad that you couldn't understand what he was saying ROFL. Think Eddie Murphy's "James Brown" jokes from his Delirious and Raw shows. He said a lot of the times on offense Herm didn't really know what was going on and would have to be briefed by asst during chain movements, TO's and other clock stoppages.

-Didn't have much to say about Gunther other than he always sounded like a tired drunken old man. Which if you've ever heard him do an interview you can pretty much agree with this.

-I asked him about Haley and him being a hot head. He said he was at times but to honest most of it was rightfully due. He said Matt Cassel apparently used to fuck up with the terminology a lot in the huddle from what he could understand and it used to piss Haley off.....a LOT. He didn't recall Haley really blowing up out of control like what we saw on TV at times, but it was more like "god damnit" or "shit" and that's pretty par for the course among NFL coaches. Of course I'm assuming you can switch the "off" button on those things which I'm sure Haley probably did at times before he went on his rants.

- Supposedly there was word Brian Daboll almost got fired mid season last year because all he does on the headset is yell and cuss, more so than he does call the actual plays. Lot of players on offense were complaining about this and I guess Romeo and Pioli and the NE gang didn't care regardless of how counterproductive Daboll was being he kept doing what he was doing and many of the players started tuning him out.

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2013, 07:24 PM
A friend of mine (met through another friend) were having a conversation at a party bullshitting about the Chiefs. He currently works for the FBI downtown. On the side he used to work for the Chiefs and used to handle their headset/phone equip management, channel frequencies, phones etc. He did this job up until last year with Romeo and Pioli.

He said his job w/ the Chiefs allowed him to listen in on what coaches said over the headsets, phones etc.

- 1st thing he told me was that Dwayne Bowe is a complete dumbass...just a stupid human being, not the sharpest crayon in the box etc. Doesn't know the playbook for shit so coaches just tell him to run simple routes because his football mind is like a HS at best. This could be the reason why he doesn't get very much separation from his defenders but yet instead uses his big body more to shield them away. These are his words not mine. He laughed his ass off at the news when KC re-signed him to a big new long term deal, calling it one of dumbest contract extensions in recent Chiefs history.

On a side note this is what he said about past coaches on the headset from out conversation:

-When Herm got excited he'd start talking jive a little bit and his ebonics was so bad that you couldn't understand what he was saying ROFL. Think Eddie Murphy's "James Brown" jokes from his Delirious and Raw shows. He said a lot of the times on offense Herm didn't really know what was going on and would have to be briefed by asst during chain movements, TO's and other clock stoppages.

-Didn't have much to say about Gunther other than he always sounded like a tired drunken old man. Which if you've ever heard him do an interview you can pretty much agree with this.

-I asked him about Haley and him being a hot head. He said he was at times but to honest most of it was rightfully due. He said Matt Cassel apparently used to fuck up with the terminology a lot in the huddle from what he could understand and it used to piss Haley off.....a LOT. He didn't recall Haley really blowing up out of control like what we saw on TV at times, but it was more like "god damnit" or "shit" and that's pretty par for the course among NFL coaches. Of course I'm assuming you can switch the "off" button on those things which I'm sure Haley probably did at times before he went on his rants.

- Supposedly there was word Brian Daboll almost got fired mid season last year because all he does on the headset is yell and cuss, more so than he does call the actual plays. Lot of players on offense were complaining about this and I guess Romeo and Pioli and the NE gang didn't care regardless of how counterproductive Daboll was being he kept doing what he was doing and many of the players started tuning him out.

LMAO Could you be more full of shit?

Mr_Tomahawk
12-22-2013, 07:24 PM

I like it.

We should get a WR with lasers, too.

ThaVirus
12-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Didn't he come to KC with some issues coming in? Like he wouldn't sign on time or something , I knew he was trouble with stuff like that

So you knew he was trouble because of some event that you're not even sure happened?

Gotcha.

-King-
12-22-2013, 09:28 PM

You and your buddy are both retards.
Posted via Mobile Device

GloryDayz
12-22-2013, 09:38 PM
You and your buddy are both retards.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, that's a lot of hate and pretty uncalled for man...

ghak99
12-22-2013, 10:55 PM

Pass that shit, before you die.

Just Passin' By
12-23-2013, 01:32 AM

He's got more than $16 million in dead money, and the team would be underwater with his numbers if they cut him/traded him before 2015. Get used to the idea of having him around for another season. Maybe the team could start using him in more of an Anquan Boldin role, but that would still not solve the problem of his hands.

CoMoChief
12-23-2013, 01:56 AM

**** it then let's just run 3 or 4 TE sets and never extend out past the hash marks or go longer than 15yds.

Fuck WR's we don't need them...just a bunch of Vernon Davis clones.

Alex Smith will for sure become a PBQB that way!!!

FloridaMan88
12-23-2013, 05:00 AM

The Chiefs better not assume that Kelce will fill that role.

They need to add another TE via the draft or free agency.

greg63
12-23-2013, 05:02 AM
Time to trade Dwayne Bowe

Who'd want him?

KC_Connection
12-23-2013, 05:07 AM
Dumb.

Eleazar
12-23-2013, 09:52 AM
I was in favor of resigning him when we did. There's always a risk when you pay a wideout, and he definitely seems to be suffering from a case of "just got paid"

If we were 2-13 I'd understand him mailing it in, but this team is fighting for playoff position. If he isn't going to be motivated now, when will he be motivated?

We're married to Bowe for the next several years, so we should probably just get used to his act and hope that Andy can get through to him.

rabblerouser
12-23-2013, 10:09 AM

D-Blowe has caught passes from REAL dumpster-fire QBs. Total shit-heap passers with pop-gun arms and shit-for-brains like :

Matt Cassel
Tyler Palko
Brady Quinn
Brodie Croyle
Damon Huard
Tyler Thigpen

that asshole was putting up 70+/1200+ a year with 2 Tylers, a Brady and a Brodie, a Huard, and a USC QB named Matt who didn't start a single game in college throwing him the ball.

Say what you want, but D-Blowe should be having a career year this year.

Charles is. Smith is.

BlackHelicopters
12-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Weed has zapped his motivation.

GordonGekko
12-23-2013, 11:25 AM
D-Blowe has caught passes from REAL dumpster-fire QBs. Total shit-heap passers with pop-gun arms and shit-for-brains like :

Matt Cassel
Tyler Palko
Brady Quinn
Brodie Croyle
Damon Huard
Tyler Thigpen

that asshole was putting up 70+/1200+ a year with 2 Tylers, a Brady and a Brodie, a Huard, and a USC QB named Matt who didn't start a single game in college throwing him the ball.

Say what you want, but D-Blowe should be having a career year this year.

Charles is. Smith is.

Was this phrase started here on CP? Only messageboard I've seen it used on. Also that list of QB's is about the shittiest list of NFL starters I've ever seen.

notorious
12-23-2013, 11:26 AM
I wonder how good he would be if he caught footballs with his hands in stride instead of catching with his body while jumping.

It's mind bottling.

The Franchise
12-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Bowe catches a pass = All of CP screams his name.

Bowe drops a pass = Retards call for him to be cut or traded and rank him as the worst WR ever.

It's beyond comprehension how fucking retarded some of you are. The same people who would cuss out Megatron for dropping a pass.

OnTheWarpath15
12-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Bowe catches a pass = All of CP screams his name.

Bowe drops a pass = Retards call for him to be cut or traded and rank him as the worst WR ever.

It's beyond comprehension how fucking retarded some of you are. The same people who would cuss out Megatron for dropping a pass.

The whole thing is idiotic.

People forget there's a defender getting paid to play defense as well. To some of these folks, an incomplete pass must mean the WR dropped it.

Christ, Dwayne Bowe isn't in the Top 20 in dropped passes in the AFC, much less the league.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=receiving&rank=232&year=

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=receiving&rank=232&year=

PS: That Brandon Marshall is a shitbag. I'd hate to have him dropping passes in KC.

RealSNR
12-23-2013, 11:42 AM

http://lindseylewisonline.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/tumblr_mhsgtp2w5u1s5p4ndo1_500.gif?w=500&h=244

The Franchise
12-23-2013, 11:43 AM

People forget there's a defender getting paid to play defense as well. To some of these folks, an incomplete pass must mean the WR dropped it.

Christ, Dwayne Bowe isn't in the Top 20 in dropped passes in the AFC, much less the league.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=receiving&rank=232&year=

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=receiving&rank=232&year=

PS: That Brandon Marshall is a shitbag. I'd hate to have him dropping passes in KC.

We should probably cut Charles. 8 drops is just too much.

OnTheWarpath15
12-23-2013, 11:50 AM
We should probably cut Charles. 8 drops is just too much.

LMAO

I actually thought about creating a thread, and decided against it.

Sandy Vagina
12-23-2013, 11:56 AM

The talk of Bowe being awful or needing to be traded is idiotic. Still.. there are obvious drops and what probably should go down as drops. Bowe should be making the 2 or 3 catches per game that get knocked away, if people insist on calling him a high-quality receiver. Letting the ball get into his body as he stands there waiting for it is weak. Bowe is a vet and should know that he needs to attack the ball and extend for it.. but his effort level lacks. Avery has done this many times as well... and it causes a defender to close on and knock the ball free. Won't count technically as a drop.. but probably should.

As is often the case, the opinions get extreme, and there can be some truth to both sides.

Just Passin' By
12-23-2013, 11:57 AM
The drops stats is so poorly done as to be useless.

The Franchise
The talk of Bowe being awful or needing to be traded is idiotic. Still.. there are obvious drops and what probably should go down as drops. Bowe should be making the 2 or 3 catches per game that get knocked away, if people insist on calling him a high-quality receiver. Letting the ball get into his body as he stands there waiting for it is weak. Bowe is a vet and should know that he needs to attack the ball and extend for it.. but his effort level lacks. Avery has done this many times as well... and it causes a defender to close on and knock the ball free. Won't count technically as a drop.. but probably should.

As is often the case, the opinions get extreme, and there can be some truth to both sides.

Except when it comes to Smith getting the ball there on time. No one wants to put the late passes on Smith. It's all Bowe.

Halfcan
I don't care to who. It just needs to happen.

Many people aren't going to like this and that's fine.

But for the amount of money this guy is making....overall he's done more harm than good for this team. Not to mention who knows how long he'll get suspended for after his court ruling.

Today was the last straw for me. He really played like he just didn't care. Yes the ref completely missed the grabbing of the jersey, but Bowe's effort today was terrible and It's been at best sub par all season.

Bowe doesn't have elite speed. Ok so he's a possession receiver...problem is he can't catch the damn ball. Whether or not the stars align for us, reality is, is that this team was still in contention for HFA and a 1st rd bye in the playoffs. Bowe doesn't care. he just wants to point to his ****ing name on the back of his jersey and think he's a badass.

**** Dwayne Bowe. I'm tired of his shit and lackluster play.

:thumb:

OnTheWarpath15
12-23-2013, 11:58 AM
LMAO

There are obvious drops, and the professionals that work for STATS, INC keep missing them. /Derp

Sandy Vagina
12-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Except when it comes to Smith getting the ball there on time. No one wants to put the late passes on Smith. It's all Bowe.

If a pass is late, it can be due to the QB being hesitant or slow with his progressions, sure. It could also be that the target is not the 1st or 2nd read.. so yeah, the ball will get to that latter target later. When it comes down to it, it really doesn't matter which circumstance.

If Bowe runs an 8 yard curl, he knows the coverage surrounding him before he turns. If the pass isn't on its way just as he turns, he knows this too. So when these "late" passes are on the way, Bowe should be able to assume that coverage is closing.. so extend your arms.. take a step forward.. and get the ball.

No matter why the throw is late, Bowe has to have more situational awareness +/or a better effort to do his job.

The Franchise
12-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Oh Jesus Fucking Christ.

Go ahead....cut Bowe or trade him. And then watch as McCluster and Avery are your top WRs for Smith to throw to. And then when Smith does the same shit....you can blame it all on them.

Just Passin' By
12-23-2013, 12:18 PM
LMAO

There are obvious drops, and the professionals that work for STATS, INC keep missing them. /Derp

Anyone watching the games that has seen a player make multiple obvious drops only to have most of them not counted knows that the stat is poorly tallied.

Sandy Vagina
12-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Anyone watching the games that has seen a player make multiple obvious drops only to have most of them not counted knows that the stat is poorly tallied.

precisely.. seems they only count the ones that are ridiculously obvious, wide open screwups.. and that's if they even get all of them.

gblowfish
12-23-2013, 12:33 PM
He'd have to go to Denver or Seattle, you know, where dope is legal.

OnTheWarpath15
12-23-2013, 12:36 PM

So is it poorly tallied for everyone, or just Bowe?

Hint: If it's poorly tallied for everyone, Bowe still isn't anywhere near the league leaders in drops.

Bottom line:

Bowe has been this fanbase's whipping boy from Day One. They don't like that he points at his jersey. They don't like that he's said and done some stupid things off the field.

But this drops thing is out of control. There are a TON of GREAT receivers that have WAY more drops than Bowe does, but no one thinks poorly of them. For whatever reason, it makes people feel better to act as if Bowe is the Anti-Christ, and the only WR in the league that drops passes.

Sandy Vagina
12-23-2013, 12:43 PM

Hint: If it's poorly tallied for everyone, Bowe still isn't anywhere near the league leaders in drops.

Bottom line:

Bowe has been this fanbase's whipping boy from Day One. They don't like that he points at his jersey. They don't like that he's said and done some stupid things off the field.

But this drops thing is out of control. There are a TON of GREAT receivers that have WAY more drops than Bowe does, but no one thinks poorly of them. For whatever reason, it makes people feel better to act as if Bowe is the Anti-Christ, and the only WR in the league that drops passes.

Remarkable exaggeration on your part, but it's at least amusing. Bowe's a good dude, and as an LSU graduate, I love me some Tigers that hit the pros. The issue is.. people know how good Bowe CAN be.. but he does have a Randy Moss like quality about him. KC paid him well... and now it does seem like he is half-assing it on many plays. The fans have a right to be a bit disturbed by this. He's such a capable player, but he is rather lazy. I was expecting a great and productive connection from Smith to Bowe. Bowe is just not making the special catches or giving the impression that he is a go-to target.

The Franchise
12-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Remarkable exaggeration on your part, but it's at least amusing. Bowe's a good dude, and as an LSU graduate, I love me some Tigers that hit the pros. The issue is.. people know how good Bowe CAN be.. but he does have a Randy Moss like quality about him. KC paid him well... and now it does seem like he is half-assing it on many plays. The fans have a right to be a bit disturbed by this. He's such a capable player, but he is rather lazy. I was expecting a great and productive connection from Smith to Bowe. Bowe is just not making the special catches or giving the impression that he is a go-to target.

ROFL Randy Moss like quality? Did you ever see Moss out there busting his ass blocking for RBs?

Sandy Vagina
12-23-2013, 12:47 PM
ROFL Randy Moss like quality? Did you ever see Moss out there busting his ass blocking for RBs?

sure, I have.. inconsistent at best. Bowe does give far more effort than Moss on run blocks. That wasn't remotely the point, and I think you are clever enough to know that much. As far as route-running and radius catching? The Moss that SF had and the Bowe that KC has are very similar on.

Imon Yourside
12-23-2013, 12:48 PM
A tally of Ayes and nays?

ChiefsCountry
12-23-2013, 12:51 PM
When its CoMo, Wickedson, 49er and Patriot trolls, Halfwit types demanding a player needs to be traded or cut - the smart money would be to move on the opposite side of the discussion.

Ceej
12-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Bowe probably purposely dropped balls because AS got him decleated on a 2 yard crossing pattern.

ThaVirus
12-23-2013, 12:54 PM
You have to love the Bowe haters.

The same guys screaming because he isn't top 10 in receiving yards will readily admit that he's a great and willing downfield blocker.

Just tell me: why in fuck's name would a wide receiver that's a "me" player put in effort on blocking plays and half ass it when running routes?

htismaqe
12-23-2013, 01:02 PM

Calvin Johnson's drops flat out cost the Lions a shot at the playoffs.

Trade the loser.

OnTheWarpath15
12-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Calvin Johnson's drops flat out cost the Lions a shot at the playoffs.

Trade the loser.

Wouldn't give a 3rd for him. Too many drops. /CP

GloryDayz
12-23-2013, 01:50 PM

OK, you're right, he's awesome and we should pay him even more.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Remarkable exaggeration on your part, but it's at least amusing. Bowe's a good dude, and as an LSU graduate, I love me some Tigers that hit the pros. The issue is.. people know how good Bowe CAN be.. but he does have a Randy Moss like quality about him. KC paid him well... and now it does seem like he is half-assing it on many plays. The fans have a right to be a bit disturbed by this. He's such a capable player, but he is rather lazy. I was expecting a great and productive connection from Smith to Bowe. Bowe is just not making the special catches or giving the impression that he is a go-to target.WRs who block as well as he does in the run game are not lazy.

CoMoChief
12-23-2013, 02:25 PM
WRs who block as well as he does in the run game are not lazy.

He was a lazy fuck yesterday. I dont know what to tell you if youre not able to understand that. That 1 handed half assed td drop he had about made me blow a gasket. That was the last straw for me.

The Franchise
12-23-2013, 02:26 PM
He was a lazy fuck yesterday. I dont know what to tell you if youre not able to understand that. That 1 handed half assed td drop he had about made me blow a gasket. That was the last straw for me.

I'm sure he's devastated that he lost you as a fan.

Sandy Vagina
12-23-2013, 02:29 PM

wut? ookay.. Bowe is a lazy runner. Sure, he will stand there and outmuscle a defender to assist in the run game. Great... good on him.. we likes that.

But to say he is not lazy as a wideout in the pass game just because he is a willing and able run blocker? C'mon now...

rabblerouser
12-23-2013, 02:53 PM

Bullshit. He knows his role on a running play. He knows who is getting the ball.

He is TOTALLY a lazy player, and has obviously not put in as much work into learning Reid's playbook as he has been rolling blunts and doobies on the damn thing.

I hate to go there, but that incident shows exactly how fucking stupid and boneheaded D-Blowe really is. Smoking weed while driving around with the homies...when you shouldn't be smoking during the season at ALL...but the fact that blows my mind is, at that hour and at that point in the season, if I'm not sleeping/resting, I'm studying my playbook or gamefilm or working out. D-Blowe does none of those things.

see he has the capability of being amongst the elite...but he doesn't work hard. He doesn't practice like a Larry Fitzgerald, he doesn't watch film like a Brandon Marshall. He's not a workout maven like Megatron.

Dwayne Bowe is not interested in putting in the work required to be an elite WR in this league. He's just not. the only time he even came close was when Haley was here, in 2010 Bowe looked legit. Since?? pfft.

That's not saying I want him cut, or he's terrible, or any of the shit that gets thrown at the 'Bowe haters' of cp. That is just an honest assessment after having watched the guy play pro ball for 7 or 8 years now. It's possible that, because he's NOT a practice/workout/film study kinda guy, he could be hitting the wall. Unless the dude actually applies himself towards being a great pro football player, his career may have already arced, numbers-wise.

flame on

Just Passin' By
12-23-2013, 03:00 PM

It's poorly tallied. I'm not saying that makes Bowe higher, or lower, on what would be a more accurately tallied list. I'm just saying that the drops stats is so poorly tallied as to be useless.

This isn't necessarily true.

Bottom line:

This board, or at least a significant portion of it, has been blowing Bowe for most of my time here. "Top 5, or elite, WR", "Imagine what he'd do with a real QB" and posts like that have littered this place.

Bowe is what he is (quality WR who doesn't get much separation and often struggles to catch the ball cleanly), and he seems to have lost a gear this season, although that could just be the product of having a relatively down year. He's probably best suited for a Keyshawn Johnson or Anquan Boldin (Baltimore/SF) type role or for a role which uses him the way the Patriots were using Hernandez before that dumbass ended up in the clink.

Mav
12-23-2013, 03:17 PM
When its CoMo, Wickedson, 49er and Patriot trolls, Halfwit types demanding a player needs to be traded or cut - the smart money would be to move on the opposite side of the discussion.

Maybe he has a lazy eye?

All kidding aside. Alex Smith played like such turds yesterday, that singling out anyone else, is silly.

Alex Smith played horribly. So did dunta though.

Wonder how high on Friday that's gonna be on SC's not top 10

Pablo
12-23-2013, 03:24 PM
The only thing I know is that if CoMo thinks this is a good idea; it's most definitely not a good idea.

That's all.

Calcountry
12-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Wow, this thread sounds as if you expect the Chiefs to get out of the first round in the playoffs.

Let's see, they are 0-4 vs teams that are currently in, or hanging onto contention for the playoffs.

Get over it, they are who I think they are. Maybe next year. Show me.

ThaVirus
12-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Wow, this thread sounds as if you expect the Chiefs to get out of the first round in the playoffs.

Let's see, they are 0-4 vs teams that are currently in, or hanging onto contention for the playoffs.

Get over it, they are who I think they are. Maybe next year. Show me.

*2-4

notorious
12-23-2013, 05:54 PM
I don't think that Bowe is lazy.

I do think that he is a very average WR. Slow, average hands, etc.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2013, 06:00 PM
I don't think that Bowe is lazy.

I do think that he is a very average WR. Slow, average hands, etc.

I don't know, maybe age is catching up with him.

Very average WRs don't catch 15 TDs and 1100 yards.

notorious
12-23-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't know, maybe age is catching up with him.

Very average WRs don't catch 15 TDs and 1100 yards.

Average receivers have a few years here and there.

I am just getting tired of the excuses. Either our players need to produce or GTFO.

notorious
12-23-2013, 06:06 PM
His absolute best year puts him in about the top 15-18 for nearly any season.

Not impressed.

GloryDayz
12-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Any way to have JC renegotiate his contract so we can up the annual pay for Mr. Alligator (catch the ball against the pads) Arms?

rabblerouser
12-23-2013, 06:32 PM

Not impressed.

so, at his best, he's performed about as well as people like Derrick Alexander, and slightly better than Eddie Kennison...when he certainly had the potential to be one of the best WRs to ever suit up in KC, certainly one of since the days of Stephone Paige. But he's not dedicated enough. He doesn't study the playbook, he doesn't watch game film, he's not known for being a gym rat...he doesn't have great hands, breakaway speed, or a knack for getting separation...and he doesn't run exceptionally great routes.

He gets high while driving around late at night during the season, we DO know that much.

GloryDayz
12-23-2013, 06:40 PM
so, at his best, he's performed about as well as people like Derrick Alexander, and slightly better than Eddie Kennison...when he certainly had the potential to be one of the best WRs to ever suit up in KC, certainly one of since the days of Stephone Paige. But he's not dedicated enough. He doesn't study the playbook, he doesn't watch game film, he's not known for being a gym rat...he doesn't have great hands, breakaway speed, or a knack for getting separation...and he doesn't run exceptionally great routes.

He gets high while driving around late at night during the season, we DO know that much.

So is it only during night games that we should cover the ball in Dorito dust to make sure he catches all the passes, or will that work during day games too?

ThaVirus
12-23-2013, 06:41 PM

Not impressed.

He caught 15 TD passes in his best season.

That's elite level production.

notorious
12-23-2013, 06:43 PM
He caught 15 TD passes in his best season.

That's elite level production.

One year catching TDs when Cassel threw up circus passes to him.

Let's throw a parade.

Snapplez
12-23-2013, 06:46 PM

You spend that much time around him in the locker room?

The Franchise
12-23-2013, 06:50 PM

Let's throw a parade.

:rolleyes:

It's ok to hate him because he's black. You can admit it...

GloryDayz
12-23-2013, 06:53 PM

He's black? Who knew?!!!

notorious
12-23-2013, 07:12 PM

LMAO

ThaVirus
12-23-2013, 07:18 PM

Let's throw a parade.

Heh.

Alrighty then.

rabblerouser
12-23-2013, 07:22 PM
You spend that much time around him in the locker room?

multiple, independent sources corroborate what is basically borne out on the field - that he could be really good, but doesn't take it seriously and doesn't cultivate the opportunity he has in front of him.

You must be a Democrat.

Let's throw a parade.

and 4 of those passes came in the 2nd half of the @Denver game where we were blown out so badly that even those 4 TDs didn't matter.

notorious
12-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Bowe would be a deadly #2,though.

GloryDayz
12-23-2013, 07:55 PM

If you placed a #1 label on me would I really be a #1? So he's certainly already a #2, unfortunately #2 is the new #1 (on the KC scene)...

I just hope the Chiefs find a non-slow WR for next season.

Ragged Robin
12-23-2013, 07:56 PM

Those stats are not official and are complete horseshit. Come back with PFF or real NFL stats.

Just Passin' By
12-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Those stats are not official and are complete horseshit. Come back with PFF or real NFL stats.

:spock:

CoMoChief
12-23-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm tellin ya they dumb down the plays for Bowe because he's a stupid mother****er who doesn't know the playbook.

I've never seen Bowe run a double move on his defender to try and get open......it's always a quick slant, curl route or a quick post pattern to the sidelines, and then hope his big body can shed off a defender or 2 and earn some YAC. That's where he excels at if anything.

He needs to almost line up in the slot and take the ****ing safeties out of the game. That way AS can throw all the underneath routes he ****ing wants to....god damn him and this puny little dinkrdunk passing scheme.

It needs to go.

What's Al Saunders doing? :D

hitchief
12-23-2013, 10:49 PM
He's got more than $16 million in dead money, and the team would be underwater with his numbers if they cut him/traded him before 2015. Get used to the idea of having him around for another season. Maybe the team could start using him in more of an Anquan Boldin role, but that would still not solve the problem of his hands.

Agree with that! I think he'd be a great #2 wr for the team. Maybe even step up the effort if a rook was out there tearing things up.

It really looks like the dude is afraid to get hurt out there to me. Hardly ever extends both arms out away from his body to make a difficult catch in traffic.

Maybe Andy should call up the league office and ask that he be drug tested. One fail and he just gets suspended and then maybe gets smart and stops burning the bud and baking his brain.

CoMoChief
12-23-2013, 11:05 PM

Bowe is not even a deadly #4 he can't catch the ****ing ball.

I mean that's the PRIMARY reason you play WR...is to catch the ****ing ball.

IMO what's in the past is in the past. So he had a Probowl year in 2010. He hasn't been able to come close to that level of production since. That was 3 ****ing seasons ago and people act as if it were just a few months ago.

He's a shell of what he was once before (when he seemed to care). I mean for someone who wants to score TD's and have all the glory and fame, he was a ****ing chickenshit in yesterday's game. I mean that was one of the worst efforts I've seen from a WR battling w/ a defender going after a TD pass when he half-assed it with one hand. Was he not aware that HFA and seedings were at stake? Who knows? He was probably higher than shit. And to be honest I think we all need to stop being so god damn naive about some of these NFL players because Bowe supposedly is a stupid motherfucker. That seriously wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was high during a game because honestly the motherfucker plays like it.

Haley should have shit down his neck during a called TO.

CoMoChief
12-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Agree with that! I think he'd be a great #2 wr for the team. Maybe even step up the effort if a rook was out there tearing things up.

It really looks like the dude is afraid to get hurt out there to me. Hardly ever extends both arms out away from his body to make a difficult catch in traffic.

Maybe Andy should call up the league office and ask that he be drug tested. One fail and he just gets suspended and then maybe gets smart and stops burning the bud and baking his brain.

I will admit this in response to this post.

Bowe's last 2 QB's (Smith and Cassel) are/were outstanding at getting their WR's blown the fuck up, due to their ball placement.

RealSNR
12-23-2013, 11:38 PM

Bottom line:

The calls for us to "draft a guy who can catch the ball" are going to result in a lot of disappointment. Even if we find a guy with a lower drop percentage than Bowe, there will be moments and times when the dude DOES drop the ball. And when it does happen, those fans are going to flip fucking shit.

"For fuck's sake your job is to catch the ball. Do your job. I can't get away with not doing my job. I'll get fired."

It's a simplistic mindset to think that these players are getting paid to just DO _____. It's a mindset I see all the time among Chiefs fans more than other fanbases.

On that same side of the coin, it's Alex's job to spot the open receiver regardless of his position on the field and throw him the ball instead of taking the easy checkdown all the fucking time. Because he screws up that job several times per game, we should trade him. After all, I can't screw up at MY job like he does with his.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Bowe is not even a deadly #4 he can't catch the ****ing ball.

I mean that's the PRIMARY reason you play WR...is to catch the ****ing ball.

IMO what's in the past is in the past. So he had a Probowl year in 2010. He hasn't been able to come close to that level of production since. That was 3 ****ing seasons ago and people act as if it were just a few months ago.

He's a shell of what he was once before (when he seemed to care). I mean for someone who wants to score TD's and have all the glory and fame, he was a ****ing chickenshit in yesterday's game. I mean that was one of the worst efforts I've seen from a WR battling w/ a defender going after a TD pass when he half-assed it with one hand. Was he not aware that HFA and seedings were at stake? Who knows? He was probably higher than shit. And to be honest I think we all need to stop being so god damn naive about some of these NFL players because Bowe supposedly is a stupid motherfucker. That seriously wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was high during a game because honestly the motherfucker plays like it.

Haley should have shit down his neck during a called TO.Your level of dumbassery knows no bounds.

4th WR? He's going to end up with 60 or more catches.

Now, this certainly isn't what you'd want from your #1, but it's not as bad as you think.

ChiefsCountry
12-23-2013, 11:48 PM

Those are from Stats, Inc. who is the official stats of the NFL you stupid 49er troll.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm tellin ya they dumb down the plays for Bowe because he's a stupid mother****er who doesn't know the playbook.
Prove it.

CoMoChief
12-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Your level of dumbassery knows no bounds.

4th WR? He's going to end up with 60 or more catches.

Now, this certainly isn't what you'd want from your #1, but it's not as bad as you think.

Keep dreamin it's 2010 shithead.

CoMoChief
12-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Prove it.

Watch the god damn game shithead.

ThaVirus
12-24-2013, 12:01 AM

My God, that's it.

...You're literally retarded.

Easy 6
12-24-2013, 12:04 AM
At this stage of his career he's perfectly cast as a #2, i fully expect that's where he'll be in 2014 and i'm fine with that.

But its high time for some speed, what i wouldn't give for a greasy fast, turn on a dime Steve Smith clone.

Just Passin' By
12-24-2013, 12:07 AM
At this stage of his career he's perfectly cast as a #2, i fully expect that's where he'll be in 2014 and i'm fine with that.

But its high time for some speed, what i wouldn't give for a greasy fast, turn on a dime Steve Smith clone.

Avery's not doing it for you?

Easy 6
12-24-2013, 12:14 AM
Avery's not doing it for you?

He's got the speed and some fairly quick hips, but he's lacking in other areas.

Don't exactly want him ran outta here on rail either, i'm fine with him being part of a 5-6 man crew.

Just Passin' By
12-24-2013, 12:18 AM
He's got the speed and some fairly quick hips, but he's lacking in other areas.

Don't exactly want him ran outta here on rail either, i'm fine with him being part of a 5-6 man crew.

I was looking at a FA WR list earlier. If the names were right (I didn't feel like verifying them all), there are some quality players who might spring loose.

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/wide-receiver/

Easy 6
12-24-2013, 12:33 AM
Nicks is the right age and puts up some yards.
Jacoby Jones is fast but too close to 30.
Manningham isn't terrible, not too old.
Meachems too close to 30.

Off that list i'd still take Maclin, he has the skill set i think would best suit Smith and he could seamlessly step into Reids system.

crazycoffey
12-24-2013, 01:38 AM
Nicks is the right age and puts up some yards.
Jacoby Jones is fast but too close to 30.
Manningham isn't terrible, not too old.
Meachems too close to 30.

Off that list i'd still take Maclin, he has the skill set i think would best suit Smith and he could seamlessly step into Reids system.

Until he steps into IR....

Psyko Tek
12-24-2013, 02:16 AM
with his recent dumbassery involving the police could his contract and bonus be voided for morals clause or something like that?

GloryDayz
12-24-2013, 09:41 AM
with his recent dumbassery involving the police could his contract and bonus be voided for morals clause or something like that?

I'd certainly look into that if he doesn't light it up next week and in our playoff game.

rabblerouser
12-24-2013, 11:46 AM
I'd certainly look into that if he doesn't light it up next week and in our playoff game.

you think he's gonna all the sudden turn on the juice??

GloryDayz
12-24-2013, 12:04 PM
you think he's gonna all the sudden turn on the juice??

That's certainly his M.O. when talks of his demise start stirring up...

BigMeatballDave
12-24-2013, 12:56 PM

LMAO Just watching can't tell you any of that.

Ask your FBI buddy LMAO

mcaj22
12-24-2013, 12:59 PM

that's the highest paid #2 WR in the league, like worse than Miles Austin. You are basically saying, we have to hit on a #1 WR in the draft cheap because we won't have any cap room to sign one in FA.

saphojunkie
12-24-2013, 01:05 PM
I was looking at a FA WR list earlier. If the names were right (I didn't feel like verifying them all), there are some quality players who might spring loose.

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/wide-receiver/

Josh Morgan
Eric Decker
Emmanuel Sanders
Hakeem Nicks
Jeremy Maclin
Andre Roberts
Damian Williams.

In that order.

Josh Morgan is the oldest at 28, and frankly any of them are an upgrade over Avery.

GloryDayz
12-24-2013, 01:05 PM
that's the highest paid #2 WR in the league, like worse than Miles Austin. You are basically saying, we have to hit on a #1 WR in the draft cheap because we won't have any cap room to sign one in FA.

LOL, pay-off the D.A. and judge to give him 5 years in da-joint, that'll solve it!

BigMeatballDave
12-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Josh Morgan
Eric Decker
Emmanuel Sanders
Hakeem Nicks
Jeremy Maclin
Andre Roberts
Damian Williams.

In that order.

Josh Morgan is the oldest at 28, and frankly any of them are an upgrade over Avery.Morgan has only 20 catches this season. His best season he caught 52, so no, he's not a better option than Avery.

The Franchise
12-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Josh Morgan
Eric Decker
Emmanuel Sanders
Hakeem Nicks
Jeremy Maclin
Andre Roberts
Damian Williams.

In that order.

Josh Morgan is the oldest at 28, and frankly any of them are an upgrade over Avery.

Morgan is meh.
Decker will either get a decent sized contract from Denver or a bigger contract somewhere else.
Sanders is a decent but I don't really see the Steelers letting him go.
Nicks is broken.
Maclin is an unknown with his injury.
Roberts is meh.
Williams is garbage.

saphojunkie
12-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Morgan has only 20 catches this season. His best season he caught 52, so no, he's not a better option than Avery.

Ha!

I was totally thinking Josh Gordon. Couldn't figure out what everyone's problem was.

Morgan sucks. Forgive me. (it's Christmas)

Easy 6
12-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Until he steps into IR....

Its really not as bad as you might think, he's only had one real injury as a pro and that's this recent ACL, the others were a cancer scare that turned out to be a treatable virus and a bone bruise they thought might be something worse... dude holds the iggles all time playoff yardage record, come on down Jeremy Maclin!

I don't care what he's being paid as, at this point he's a much better fit at #2... reworking a few deals and cutting some dead weight will free up what we need for Maclin and we can still get a young guy in the draft to augment that.

If we stick with Bowe as a number one just because of his paycheck, we're doomed, and now that i think about it his deal should be tweaked a bit as well to free up a lil extra cash.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2014, 04:06 PM
CoMo proves he is dumbass once again.