PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What constitutes a taunting penalty

PunkinDrublic
12-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Chiefs piss poor effort is what lost the game not the refs. That officiating crew was absolute garbage. That call on Poe was absolute garbage. WTF did he do that warranted a penalty? That crew deserves an anti freeze colonic followed shortly by an appointment with the nearest AIDS tree.

In58men
12-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Go back and watch that 30 yard Donald Brown TD. Keep an eye on Hali lmao.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-22-2013, 03:57 PM
The Refs think Chiefs jerseys are handed out as BBQ bibs. Poe's had no sauce on it

InChiefsHeaven
12-22-2013, 03:58 PM
That was a total BS call. But it was not the difference in this game. though it did lead to a score.

Easy 6
12-22-2013, 03:59 PM
All i know is there were a friggin TON of bullshit calls/non calls against us, i don't care what anyone says, you get enough of those and you aren't winning jack.

Planetman
12-22-2013, 04:04 PM
TAUNTING
(c) The use of baiting or taunting acts or words that engender ill will between teams.
(d) Individual players involved in prolonged or excessive celebrations. Players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations while on the ground. A celebration shall be deemed excessive or prolonged if a player continues to celebrate after a warning from an official.
(e) Two-or-more players engage in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations.
(f) Possession or use of foreign or extraneous object(s) that are not part of the uniform during the game on the field or the sideline, or using the ball as a prop

PunkinDrublic
12-22-2013, 04:08 PM
That was a total BS call. But it was not the difference in this game. though it did lead to a score.

I know but it just compounded my anger. If Poe said something that got under the refs skin he at least deserved the benefit of a warning.

A Salt Weapon
12-22-2013, 04:12 PM
My favorite was the "well you can't do that, but instead of a flag, we'll let you retry."

DRU
12-22-2013, 04:27 PM
There were plenty of bad calls today, but that wasn't one of them. Poe and the other dude were jawing at each other. Poe made the mistake of pointing his finger at the face of the other guy while he did his jawing. I've seen that called on more than a few occasions. All he had to do was shut up and walk to the sideline, or even keep jawing, but you just can't put your hand in somebody's face like that. That's where the "taunt" came in.

Snapplez
12-22-2013, 04:30 PM
There were plenty of bad calls today, but that wasn't one of them. Poe and the other dude were jawing at each other. Poe made the mistake of pointing his finger at the face of the other guy while he did his jawing. I've seen that called on more than a few occasions. All he had to do was shut up and walk to the sideline, or even keep jawing, but you just can't put your hand in somebody's face like that. That's where the "taunt" came in.

The WR dancing at Sean Smith after a bullshit holding call didn't draw a taunting penalty. The Colts defensive back who broke up that endzone pass to Bowe dancing towards the crowd didn't draw a taunting penalty. The taunt came because Poe was in a red jersey.

Where's my damn tinfoil hat

PunkinDrublic
12-22-2013, 04:32 PM

Are you fucking retarded? That happens all the time in games. There was nothing excessive about what Poe did. The refs were piling on the shitty calls.

lcarus
12-22-2013, 04:33 PM
All i know is there were a friggin TON of bullshit calls/non calls against us, i don't care what anyone says, you get enough of those and you aren't winning jack.

Hali gets held almost every single play.

lcarus
12-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Luckily the one call we did get was the Hemingway fumble. That was so obviously a fumble. I couldnt believe it when they didn't overturn it.

GoChargers
12-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Like all other subjective calls, it depends on which team's jersey the player is wearing.

Easy 6
12-22-2013, 04:40 PM

If i could bitch at the refs about one single issue, that'd be the one... its a JOKE.

lcarus
12-22-2013, 04:42 PM
If i could bitch at the refs about one single issue, that'd be the one... its a JOKE.

Seriously man? Don't you watch the NFL at all bro? You're allowed to get beat like a drum and then just clothesline the guys neck or jump on his back and drive him to the ground.

Easy 6
12-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Seriously man? Don't you watch the NFL at all bro? You're allowed to get beat like a drum and then just clothesline the guys neck or jump on his back and drive him to the ground.

Yep, the clothesline and jersey grab are everyones go to moves on him.

scho63
12-22-2013, 04:50 PM
This probably would be one....

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/futurama-fry-mooning-mom-future-stock-13673600510.gif?id=987

ku_jhawk23
12-22-2013, 05:26 PM

No, Hali gets choked to the point of legal assault almost every single play.

hitchief
12-22-2013, 05:29 PM
The refs blew ass out there today just like the Chiefs entire staff and team.

All around crap game to watch

ku_jhawk23
12-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Chiefs piss poor effort is what lost the game not the refs. That officiating crew was absolute garbage. That call on Poe was absolute garbage. WTF did he do that warranted a penalty? That crew deserves an anti freeze colonic followed shortly by an appointment with the nearest AIDS tree.

I would say this: You are right, the Chiefs played like crap. But the call on Poe directly resulted in colts points. The more BS horse collar on Johnson also resulted in points. Do you think the game is different without those scores...especially since the Chiefs had the momentum (very) early before the phantom horse collar? That resulted in a TD, and the team scrambled from there.

This was one of the worse officiated games I've ever seen. (The Hemenway incomplete pass was a fumble too).

TEX
12-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I would say this: You are right, the Chiefs played like crap. But the call on Poe directly resulted in colts points. The more BS horse collar on Johnson also resulted in points. Do you think the game is different without those scores...especially since the Chiefs had the momentum (very) early before the phantom horse collar? That resulted in a TD, and the team scrambled from there.

This was one of the worse officiated games I've ever seen. (The Hemenway incomplete pass was a fumble too).

You're forgetting the non PI call on the pass play to Bowe on the 1st drive of the 2nd half at the Colts 5 when the CB had a hand full of Bowe's jersey and was actually stretching it about a foot (no lie) as Bowe went up for the ball. How anyone could miss that one is beyond me. :shake: If it's called correctly, it's 1st and goal at the 5 for the Chiefs to start the 2nd half. Score a TD there and it's a different ball game.

If any ONE of those calls you mentioned aren't/ are made it changes the game. Not saying the Chiefs win, but I am saying that horrible officiating definitely lead to the lopsided score and the Chiefs were definitely on the wrong side of the "important" calls today by a large margin. Combine that with the -4 turnover ratio and its GAME OVER.

J Diddy
12-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Luckily the one call we did get was the Hemingway fumble. That was so obviously a fumble. I couldnt believe it when they didn't overturn it.

When I saw it I thought it could go either way. To me it seemed like the ball was moving as he put it in his chest, but honestly I couldn't have cared less at that point.

chiefqueen
12-22-2013, 06:17 PM
I also thought Hali was held, actually tackled, on the Colts 1st TD.

PunkinDrublic
12-22-2013, 06:44 PM

Amazing how that happens right in front of the officials and gets a non-call yet they manage to flag Fasano for a ticky tack OPI.

Also it shouldn't have taken a challenge to show that Lucks knee was down before his threw the ball. Anybody could see that in real time.

It's true that good teams overcome bad calls but those refs kept Indys drives alive to the point where they were able to kill off a lot of time.

Dartgod
12-22-2013, 06:44 PM

He was in a choke hold on the taunting play. Wouldn't have made a difference, I suppose. Frickin' joke it wasn't called though.

We absolutely shit the bed and did not deserve to win, but that was a horribly officiated game.

Bowser
12-22-2013, 06:49 PM
You're forgetting the non PI call on the pass play to Bowe on the 1st drive of the 2nd half at the Colts 5 when the CB had a hand full of Bowe's jersey and was actually stretching it about a foot (no lie) as Bowe went up for the ball. How anyone could miss that one is beyond me. :shake: If it's called correctly, it's 1st and goal at the 5 for the Chiefs to start the 2nd half. Score a TD there and it's a different ball game.

That play was an embarrassment for the back judge. Tony Carraente's crew always fuck up games with their non calls/crappy calls. Always.

Speaking of, Seattle got deep dicked by the refs on that "interception" off the receivers forearm. The nose of the ball so obviously hit the turf. Screw job, through and through.

lcarus
12-22-2013, 06:51 PM
That taunting call....incredibly stupid. I wanted to break shit. This was after the Colts were given a first down on a defensive holding call on Sean Smith that was bullshit. They would have had to punt if not for that as well.

12-22-2013, 06:56 PM
My favorite was the "well you can't do that, but instead of a flag, we'll let you retry."

Yeah, I don't understand why that wouldn't be a penalty.

TEX
12-22-2013, 07:02 PM
That play was an embarrassment for the back judge. Tony Carraente's crew always **** up games with their non calls/crappy calls. Always.

Speaking of, Seattle got deep dicked by the refs on that "interception" off the receivers forearm. The nose of the ball so obviously hit the turf. Screw job, through and through.

The non call on Bowe's was one of the worst I've ever seen at any level of football played. The dude literally grabbed hold of the back of his jersey, stretched it a foot or more as he pulled him down as Bowe was attempting to catch a pass that ended up hitting him on his hands. The calls simply dont get any more clear or easier to make than that...

ChiefGator
12-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Worst officiated game I have seen in a while, that's for sure.

eDave
12-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Worst officiated game I have seen in a while, that's for sure.

Refs should have taken us out to dinner before fucking us like that.

JohnnyV13
12-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Si calls horse collar on Johnson "worst call of the year (http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/22/derrick-johnson-horse-collar-call-kansas-city-chiefs/)"