PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Positives from today?

Fritz88
12-22-2013, 05:52 PM
None. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch.

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Positives? I have a refrigerator loaded with beer. :D

Bl00dyBizkitz
12-22-2013, 05:55 PM
More motivated to beat the shit out of Indy at home. Bam.

Scaga
12-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Positives? I have a refrigerator loaded with beer. :D
I HAD a fridge full of beer. Not anymore

Easy 6
12-22-2013, 05:57 PM
A school bus sized meteor didn't crash into the 50 yard line :shrug:

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2013, 05:59 PM

Our defense played better than they got credit for. They pressured luck even without Houston. Dunta Robinson, I thought, played pretty well and was extremely active as a tackler. If the coaches were smart, they'd test him out at safety next week or play demps at safety and use dunta in the dime.

Take away Kendrick Lewis and our defense played pretty well.

Our offense... Complete shit except for Charles.

tonyetony
Motivation, and if Hali is ok no injuries.

ClevelandBronco

That depends on how you look at it.

Hammock Parties
12-22-2013, 06:00 PM
More proof that we need to get a real QB. Always positive.

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Other positive... Got our dumpster fire game out of the way. I don't think we play this uninspired again. We may lose, but we won't lose again with this kind of embarrassing effort.

chiefsfan1963
12-22-2013, 06:01 PM
We are not 2-13 about to be 2-14. We will be better next year

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-22-2013, 06:04 PM
All the other teams with large number of wins lost last week
Still on the curve of winning

siberian khatru
12-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Flowers and Robinson acknowledged that we got our ass kicked. Flowers said we "coasted."

Hopefully this results in an attitude adjustment.

That's all I got.

Phobia
12-22-2013, 06:10 PM
I thought Eric Fisher tackled really well after that fumble was recovered.

Sandy Vagina
12-22-2013, 06:10 PM
All the other teams with large number of wins lost last week
Still on the curve of winning

Teams can come out on a certain week and totally suck. Just happens... The Chiefs have real problems that are worrisome... they do.. but this one total fail game doesn't mean that THIS is what the Chiefs truly are.

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Flowers and Robinson acknowledged that we got our ass kicked. Flowers said we "coasted."

Hopefully this results in an attitude adjustment.

That's all I got.

That's a shame. I don't think our defense has much to be ashamed about. An average free safety would have made the d a good one today.

Psyko Tek
12-22-2013, 06:14 PM
I didn't freeze my ass off watching that abortion

lcarus
12-22-2013, 06:16 PM
A school bus sized meteor didn't crash into the 50 yard line :shrug:

That's a positive? lol

Snapplez
12-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Alex had half as many carries as Jamaal. Finally realizing that untapped potential there

Bl00dyBizkitz
12-22-2013, 06:17 PM
I didn't freeze my ass off watching that abortion

Thank you for reminding me... ;-;

WilliamTheIrish
12-22-2013, 06:18 PM
I'd say drafting Luck was a positive for the Colts. After getting their collective stool pushed in onthe Chiefs first drive, the Colts were not rattled at all. They used my favorite score too.

HonestChieffan
12-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Bourbon tonight

12-22-2013, 06:24 PM
WE don't have to win next week.

mlyonsd
12-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Nobody was murdered in the parking lot.

PunkinDrublic
12-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Look around the league. There's not a team that's not elite that doesn't have days like today. It was one of those game where nothing goes right.

FringeNC
12-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Look around the league. There's not a team that's not elite that doesn't have days like today. It was one of those game where nothing goes right.

Seattle is one of those elite teams, and even they lost at home.

Easy 6
12-22-2013, 06:34 PM

So true, footballs a strange game... Miami beats the Pats, then go get blanked in Buffalo.

Fritz88

Not really. This team confirmed our fears. Our wins were against backup QBs and we are in due to soft schedule. Teams like SEA and SAN and others bounce after losses. We bounced against Wash and OAK.

Buzz
Nobody was murdered in the parking lot.

And nobody got tackled by their dick.

J Diddy
12-22-2013, 06:35 PM
I think the team was infected with something that they picked up while in Oakland.

Fucking Dwayne Bowe. Had he shut up about importing then he wouldn't have to rely on the local talent and caught that shit. (Heh, the one fucking thing he shouldn't have caught).

Psyko Tek
12-22-2013, 06:38 PM
WE don't have to win next week.
after watching all the losses do you think we could?

Fish
12-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Fireball. Cimmaman viskey. That might have been my problem today...

Mr_Tomahawk
12-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Alex Smith didn't earn a contract extension.

TEX
12-22-2013, 06:43 PM

This.

Fritz88
12-22-2013, 06:44 PM

He already did. Like it or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
12-22-2013, 06:45 PM

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/awsome/grand/fmrrc.gif

Mav
12-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Brought expectations back down to earth. Back to work boys.

TribalElder
12-22-2013, 06:47 PM
HIV

lcarus
12-22-2013, 06:48 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/awsome/grand/fmrrc.gif

I can't wait, I can't waaaaaait! When Alex Smith leads the god damn Chiefs to the Super Bowwwwwwl. :drool:

ThatRaceCardGuy
12-22-2013, 06:52 PM
I still have my fingers and toes? It was cold out there today.

TribalElder
12-22-2013, 06:54 PM
I still have my fingers and toes? It was cold out there today.

insert Random CP style wife joke

PunkinDrublic
Not really. This team confirmed our fears. Our wins were against backup QBs and we are in due to soft schedule. Teams like SEA and SAN and others bounce after losses. We bounced against Wash and OAK.

So Seattle and San Francisco haven't been upset by lesser teams? Indy wasn't even particularly impressive. We were flat and they greatly benefitted from poor tacking and bad calls. In the last Denver game and the San Diego game we just came out on the bad end of shootouts. Those games could have gone either way.

lewdog
My blood test results came back and I don't have AIDS.

TribalElder
12-22-2013, 06:55 PM

:clap:

Buzz
12-22-2013, 07:01 PM

You didn't watch the game? You might need a retest.

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-22-2013, 07:05 PM

No more Dan Dierdorf.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-22-2013, 07:06 PM

Falling asleep at Billay & GoChiefs apartment is risky

ChiefsLV
12-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Safety play was shit again. Need more playmakers at receiver/TE. The offensive tackles had a shitty game.

Deberg_1990
12-22-2013, 07:12 PM

Charles was Beasting

Dunerdr
12-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Charles hAd 8 for 103 so theres that.

ILChief
12-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Safety play was shit again. Need more playmakers at receiver/TE. The offensive tackles had a shitty game.

It seems like we lose every game Fasano plays. More McGrath

notorious
12-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Our weakness are blatantly obvious and this game just confirmed them once again.

That is a major positive.

Mr. Laz
12-22-2013, 09:38 PM
awhile back Colquitt got knock around and then didn't seem to be punting as well as he normally does. I wonder if he bruised a muscle or something.

Today his foot looked like it's normal lively self

so that's a positive

ReynardMuldrake
12-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Jamaal Charles impressed me with his tackling? :shrug:

That's all I got.

BossChief
12-22-2013, 11:00 PM
More proof that we need to get a real QB. Always positive.

The Colts d has done a good job against those, too.

Sofa King
12-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Well, i chose to work a double today even though i really wanted to watch the game.

ThaVirus
12-22-2013, 11:12 PM
Jamaal, DJ and Berry have been extremely consistent all season long and today was no different. We can always count on those three to have a good game week in and week out.

Despite not pass blocking very effectively, the offensive line's been road grading the shit out of everyone lately. Jamaal averaged over 8 YPC and has to be over 6 YPC for the last 6 weeks.

Although we looked like shit, it really, really seemed like we weren't even trying.

.. That's all I've got.

J Diddy
12-22-2013, 11:16 PM
We did better than Chicago!

Rasputin
12-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Kniles Davis promises again that he will never EVER fumble the football again..

J Diddy
12-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Jamaal, DJ and Berry have been extremely consistent all season long and today was no different. We can always count on those three to have a good game week in and week out.

Despite not pass blocking very effectively, the offensive line's been road grading the shit out of everyone lately. Jamaal averaged over 8 YPC and has to be over 6 YPC for the last 6 weeks.

Although we looked like shit, it really, really seemed like we weren't even trying.

.. That's all I've got.

I felt the same way. I felt it was very vanilla....or maybe we were just that bad.

philfree
12-22-2013, 11:27 PM
I don't know about today but if we lose again next week we could move up several draft spots in the draft.

In58men
12-22-2013, 11:38 PM
Here's some positives.

1. We have a healthy team for next week

2. Reid didn't have a stroke or heart attack

3. Nobody was killed after the game

4. Albert couldn't get penalized for false start

5. We should resign Hall for the sixth time because why not.

greg63
12-22-2013, 11:43 PM
It's ending???

You can clear space on the DRV???

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php/23681-2012-Chiefs-vs-2013-Colts

mrub4
12-23-2013, 06:04 AM
Got 40 minutes worth of Colts offense on film

BigRichard
12-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Well according to the brain trust here at CP todays game didn't matter so that is the biggest plus in my book.

BlackHelicopters
12-23-2013, 07:35 AM
Teams can come out on a certain week and totally suck. Just happens... The Chiefs have real problems that are worrisome... they do.. but this one total fail game doesn't mean that THIS is what the Chiefs truly are.

Did we look playoff ready to you? In any aspect besides punting?

Discuss Thrower
12-23-2013, 07:42 AM
Coaches learned they can't rely on Succop anywhere further than a 30 yard field goal.. which is nice.

loochy
12-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Colquitt

DC MVP!

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
12-23-2013, 07:48 AM
We don't have to worry about losing in the playoffs in front of the home crowd. In all seriousness we didn't have any injuries and we sure didn't show Indy anything to worry about. Two weeks from now the results will be better.

dj56dt58
12-23-2013, 09:00 AM
Got 40 minutes worth of Colts offense on film

and the Colts have 3 minutes of Chiefs offense on film

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2013, 09:24 AM
and the Colts have 3 minutes of Chiefs offense on film

I agree. I really don't think we showed them much, and I bet that was by design.

BigRichard
12-23-2013, 09:33 AM
I agree. I really don't think we showed them much, and I bet that was by design.

Yes, we went into this game with the it doesn't matter mode when the #1 seed is on the line.

You and every other person who has said anything like this either yesterday or today (or in the future for that matter) has a NFL IQ as high as an ice cube. And this is coming from a person that considers his NFL IQ to be not much better than a rock. Apparently rock > ice cube. :banghead:

Fat Elvis
12-23-2013, 09:34 AM
I hope they treat next week like a bye week. I know, I know...you gotta play hard and get that winning mentality going into the playoffs and all. But it is what it is. We are the 5th seed. I want a fully healthy roster going into the playoffs. That will be huge; our road to the Super Bowl probably goes through Indy, Denver and (surprise) Cincinnatti. You need a healthy roster for that. These will be tough, physical games, and it might come down to a war of attrition.

Sandy Vagina
12-23-2013, 09:35 AM

I know people want to label this as a homerish cop-out... but it really did seem to be the case. Not suggesting this team is a juggernaut at this point.. but it felt clear that they were going through some simple motions and just trying to coast through while still getting a win. Sorry, Andy... you guys are not good enough to do this yet.

While not juggernauts, this last game was hardly indicative of what KC is capable of.. or what they can accomplish when the games truly matter. :rockon:

J Diddy
12-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Yes, we went into this game with the it doesn't matter mode when the #1 seed is on the line.

You and every other person who has said anything like this either yesterday or today (or in the future for that matter) has a NFL IQ as high as an ice cube. And this is coming from a person that considers his NFL IQ to be not much better than a rock. Apparently rock > ice cube. :banghead:

If you think we had a legitimate chance at the 1 seed (with us needing to beat the division leading colts AND San Diego at their house, as well as Denver needing to lose against a horrible Houston team and a horrible Oakland team) then you are right: Your football IQ is that of a rock.

stevieray
12-23-2013, 09:41 AM
no game is a given..humble pie is a great motivator.

gblowfish
12-23-2013, 09:41 AM
I hope they treat next week like a bye week. I know, I know...you gotta play hard and get that winning mentality going into the playoffs and all. But it is what it is. We are the 5th seed. I want a fully healthy roster going into the playoffs. That will be huge; our road to the Super Bowl probably goes through Indy, Denver and (surprise) Cincinnatti. You need a healthy roster for that. These will be tough, physical games, and it might come down to a war of attrition.

Start Tyler Bray at QB, Cyrus Gray as the feature back, wide outs are Jenkins and Hemmingway the whole game. Don't play DJ or Tamba or Houston or Poe or Berry.

That would go over big at the league office....

CaliforniaChief
12-23-2013, 09:42 AM
1. We won't finish the season 13-3.

2. We don't have to play another game at Arrowhead where we've suddenly forgotten how to play.

3. We won't have to deal with high expectations.

4. We should enter the playoffs relatively healthy.

5. It can't get any worse than yesterday.

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2013, 09:43 AM

We went to the game with a complete outside chance of earning a #1 seed, and the much, much stronger likelihood that we would play Indy in 2 weeks in the playoffs. I'm not saying we played to lose. But our offense was either ultra-conservative by design or the greater likelihood that we installed a more conservative gameplan that doesn't feature the aggressiveness, and bells and whistles as you'd see in the playoffs. We used Charles sparingly both in the run and screen game, we subbed him out a lot more than usual, we barely ran playaction or even the screen we used so often the past few weeks. Smith's progressions did not seem to be on aggressive routes by design.

Psyko Tek
12-23-2013, 09:51 AM

fuck this dog shit vanilla theory
it was the same O and D we have been running since denver if not earlier

we got owned
and that ain't gonna get any better if they don't start pulling out one hell of a lot of other tricks

Halfcan
12-23-2013, 10:09 AM
The only positive I took from the game is- thankful I gave up my season tickets a few years ago-I have sat out there for too many of these games.

BigRichard
12-23-2013, 10:15 AM
If you think we had a legitimate chance at the 1 seed (with us needing to beat the division leading colts AND San Diego at their house, as well as Denver needing to lose against a horrible Houston team and a horrible Oakland team) then you are right: Your football IQ is that of a rock.

That is not at all what I said but you go ahead and twist it that way.

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2013, 10:18 AM
**** this dog shit vanilla theory
it was the same O and D we have been running since denver if not earlier

we got owned
and that ain't gonna get any better if they don't start pulling out one hell of a lot of other tricks

Because we usually commit four turnovers and force none. Because Albert and Houston don't make this team better. Because the dropped passes and lack of focus aren't a clear sign of an unfocused team.

And in terms of vanilla... They were subbing Charles out a lot. They were killing Indy on the playaction and we saw that on the two times we bootlegged. They weren't running screens. We didn't even have predesigned reads where smith is stretching the field. This was clearly vanilla.

For sure, this team is capable of playing a lot better and this offense, from what we've seen the past five weeks or so, did not play the same brand of aggressive offense. How can you possibly believe this aient gonna get a lot better?

YayMike
12-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Because we usually commit four turnovers and force none. Because Albert and Houston don't make this team better. Because the dropped passes and lack of focus aren't a clear sign of an unfocused team.

And in terms of vanilla... They were subbing Charles out a lot. They were killing Indy on the playaction and we saw that on the two times we bootlegged. They weren't running screens. We didn't even have predesigned reads where smith is stretching the field. This was clearly vanilla.

For sure, this team is capable of playing a lot better and this offense, from what we've seen the past five weeks or so, did not play the same brand of aggressive offense. How can you possibly believe this aient gonna get a lot better?

This. It still doesn't excuse the turnovers, and stupidity that was yesterday's game.

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2013, 10:25 AM
This. It still doesn't excuse the turnovers, and stupidity that was yesterday's game.

Absolutely not. I can only hope this game sent a message. I really can't believe actually believe we played with the same heart and focus yesterday as we did most of the season.

CallMeSquidwad
12-23-2013, 10:27 AM
We saw this story last year with the Ravens...they stumbled into the playoffs battered and bruised but turned it around. They got their asses handed to them by the Donks but then turned the tables on the road when it counted....That is the true beauty of this sport compared to any other is that honestly everyone has a chance once they get in.

Reerun_KC
12-23-2013, 10:37 AM
only positive I see is the season will be over sooner rather than later...