PDA

View Full Version : Poop That Tamiflu Commercial

R8RFAN
12-23-2013, 05:13 PM
The one with the huge guy in the tiny house with the Jack Russell dog...

When that dog whines or barks, does it get the attention of your dog? My dog watches the damn commercial and will wake up from a sleep to do so.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2013, 05:56 PM
I think it's just a regular size guy in a tiny house.

R8RFAN
12-23-2013, 06:20 PM
I think it's just a regular size guy in a tiny house.

ROFLROFL Yea my bad, you are probably right :thumb:

mike_b_284
12-23-2013, 06:29 PM
my dog barks at any dog on the tv. Even poorly drawn cartoon ones. And pretty much every other animal also. Except bears. Then he just quietly growls.

Saul Good
12-23-2013, 06:40 PM
Fucking Tamiflu. My wife literally just walked in the door with some for our son. That shit is $200!

penguinz
12-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Fucking Tamiflu. My wife literally just walked in the door with some for our son. That shit is $200!

Stupid. It is just the flu. 24-36 hours of being being uncomfortable. Waste of money.

Saul Good
12-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Stupid. It is just the flu. 24-36 hours of being being uncomfortable. Waste of money.

My son's doctor said this strain can go for two weeks.

penguinz
12-23-2013, 08:30 PM

A two week flu? I just got over what is going around. Had a temp over 100 for about 12 hours and then a sore throat.

mike_b_284
12-23-2013, 08:35 PM
A two week flu? I just got over what is going around. Had a temp over 100 for about 12 hours and then a sore throat.

that isn't the flu

penguinz
12-23-2013, 08:37 PM
that isn't the flu

Then what was it? Temp, chills, body aches. Sounds like flu to me.

mike_b_284
12-23-2013, 08:40 PM
perhaps, if you have had exposure recently and are young, but generally the flu is most severe for several days and full recovery takes 10+ days.

hometeam
12-23-2013, 08:40 PM

He told you that as he wrote with his tamiflu pen, on his tamiflu pad, then got in his car and went home so he could get ready for his flight, paid for by tamiflu, to tamiflus all inclusive Bahamas retreat.

You get where im goin~

penguinz
12-23-2013, 08:42 PM
perhaps, if you have had exposure recently and are young, but generally the flu is most severe for several days and full recovery takes 10+ days.

You believe everything that tamiflu tells you? I have never had the flu last more than a few days.

Saul Good
12-23-2013, 08:44 PM
He told you that as he wrote with his tamiflu pen, on his tamiflu pad, then got in his car and went home so he could get ready for his flight, paid for by tamiflu, to tamiflus all inclusive Bahamas retreat.

You get where im goin~

I know...but my kid was running a 102 degree fever. What are you going to do?

Just Passin' By
12-23-2013, 08:47 PM
The flu usually lasts for 1-2 weeks, with about 3-7 days being the worst for symptoms, and is generally infectious from about the day before you become symptomatic until about a week after that. Here's a Forbes article about Tamiflu, but it won't make you happy if you've dropped down a couple of Franklins.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/harlankrumholz/2013/01/08/the-myth-of-tamiflu-5-things-you-should-know/

penguinz
12-23-2013, 08:48 PM
I would not give it to my kids... http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/tamiflus-effectiveness-is-now-the-center-of-debate/1272540

penguinz
12-23-2013, 08:49 PM
I know...but my kid was running a 102 degree fever. What are you going to do?

Tylenol or advil and plenty of water.

Pablo
12-23-2013, 08:50 PM
I had the worst flu of my life earlier this month. Kept thinking it would only last a couple days, but the fucker drug on for nearly a week. It got progressively better each day, and I had to weigh out the cost of seeing the doctor and buying flu medicine for something I thought was going to end.

It was pretty awful for the first 36 hours.

TLO
12-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Am just now getting over one of the worst bouts of the flu I've ever had. Took tamiflu, and it seemed to help ease some of the symptoms. Also started feeling better about 24 hours after I took it.

mike_b_284
12-24-2013, 12:39 AM
You believe everything that tamiflu tells you? I have never had the flu last more than a few days.

Easy buddy. Never even heard of tamiflu except the commercial with the tiny house. Sounds like you have been lucky and I hope that continues. But I do know the flu can last a long time, I also know the flu can kill people. And if you think that is tamiflu propaganda, then it must have been around since 1918. Maybe tamiflu went back in time to fake multiple epidemics to increase sales, maybe the devil buried dinosaur bones to trick us. Maybe influenza is for pussies and you are just a fucking super hero!

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/12/1/05-0979_article.htm

BigOlChiefsfan
12-24-2013, 01:56 AM
About 40 years ago I worked w/an older fellow who had survived the big 1918 flu pandemic - it started here in KS as near as he knew, out at Ft. Riley. Anyway, he was from out past Gardner KS. He went to bed sick, woke up days later - bald, his fever had made all his hair fall out. Cold house - his parents and brothers/sisters were all dead. He got dressed and went to the nearest farm for help. Everyone there was dead. He was trying to decide if he should kill himself - he didn't want to be the last person on earth, he said and it looked like everyone else was gone. But he tried one more farm before he took real drastic steps, and there were folks alive there. He grew up in an orphanage and life wasn't a bed of roses for the guy - but it beats being a 6 year old kid trying to decide if you're going to kill yourself because everyone else is dead - and how to do it. Since he told me that story, I get a flu shot every year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

ThatRaceCardGuy
12-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Package foam.

penguinz
12-24-2013, 07:35 AM
About 40 years ago I worked w/an older fellow who had survived the big 1918 flu pandemic - it started here in KS as near as he knew, out at Ft. Riley. Anyway, he was from out past Gardner KS. He went to bed sick, woke up days later - bald, his fever had made all his hair fall out. Cold house - his parents and brothers/sisters were all dead. He got dressed and went to the nearest farm for help. Everyone there was dead. He was trying to decide if he should kill himself - he didn't want to be the last person on earth, he said and it looked like everyone else was gone. But he tried one more farm before he took real drastic steps, and there were folks alive there. He grew up in an orphanage and life wasn't a bed of roses for the guy - but it beats being a 6 year old kid trying to decide if you're going to kill yourself because everyone else is dead - and how to do it. Since he told me that story, I get a flu shot every year.

Too bad they missed on this years vaccine. My wife and kids all had the shot and they all came down with it in the past two weeks.

penguinz
12-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Easy buddy. Never even heard of tamiflu except the commercial with the tiny house. Sounds like you have been lucky and I hope that continues. But I do know the flu can last a long time, I also know the flu can kill people. And if you think that is tamiflu propaganda, then it must have been around since 1918. Maybe tamiflu went back in time to fake multiple epidemics to increase sales, maybe the devil buried dinosaur bones to trick us. Maybe influenza is for pussies and you are just a fucking super hero!

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/12/1/05-0979_article.htm

Read up on it. Very sketchy and not worth the cost.

Lin Elliot
12-24-2013, 07:51 AM

Did the older fellow have a Tamiflu pen in his pocket as he told this story?

mike_b_284
12-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Did the older fellow have a Tamiflu pen in his pocket as he told this story?

:LOL:

Saul Good
12-24-2013, 09:17 AM
FWIW, my son woke up today feeling great with a temperature of 99.1. He was at 102.0 yesterday morning. He responds extremely well to medicine, though. It's kind of interesting because I don't. I even get reverse reactions to some medications. For example, I can't sleep if I take Ny-quil, but Sudafed damned near turns me into a vegetable.

Saul Good
12-24-2013, 09:17 AM

So I'm to believe a six year old kid contemplated suicide?

penguinz
12-24-2013, 09:19 AM
FWIW, my son woke up today feeling great with a temperature of 99.1. He was at 102.0 yesterday morning. He responds extremely well to medicine, though. It's kind of interesting because I don't. I even get reverse reactions to some medications. For example, I can't sleep if I take Ny-quil, but Sudafed damned near turns me into a vegetable.

This is due to his immune system fighting it and not tamiflu. Read up on it. The drug company that makes it is sketchy.

Saul Good
12-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Weird that his immune system was getting its ass kicked right up until the time he took his medication...

penguinz
12-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Weird that his immune system was getting its ass kicked right up until the time he took his medication...

Read the studies on it. It doesn't work that way.

The body is amazing and can recover very quickly once it learns how to fight the infection on its own.

Saul Good
12-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Read the studies on it. It doesn't work that way.

The body is amazing and can recover very quickly once it learns how to fight the infection on its own.

It's interesting that his body learned how to fight it right after taking medication specifically designed to fight the flu. I'm not saying you're wrong...just that I trust my doctor over a guy on the Internet who does whatever it is you do for a living.

penguinz
12-24-2013, 10:42 AM
It's interesting that his body learned how to fight it right after taking medication specifically designed to fight the flu. I'm not saying you're wrong...just that I trust my doctor over a guy on the Internet who does whatever it is you do for a living.

Have you read up anything on this drug?. What it does, how it works, and when it has to be taken to do its job?

planetdoc
04-18-2014, 10:15 AM
Updated Review: Tamiflu Is a Bust (http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/39686/title/Updated-Review--Tamiflu-Is-a-Bust/)

Governments have spent billions of dollars stockpiling the antiviral medication Tamiflu. Earlier reviews of the drug called into question just how effective it was, and the latest analysis, published today (April 10) in the British Medical Journal (BMJ), concludes that the money has been going “down the drain.”

An international team found that while Tamiflu might reduce the duration of flu symptoms by half a day, there’s no evidence that it reduces hospital admissions or complications of an infection. On top of that, the antiviral’s side effects include nausea and vomiting. “There is no credible way these drugs could prevent a pandemic,” Carl Heneghan, one of authors of the review and a professor at Oxford University, told reporters.

The data for this most recent review came from full study reports—data generated by clinical trials that are usually not open for scrutiny by independent researchers. Efforts by the BMJ and the research team convinced drugmaker Roche, which markets Tamiflu, to release the reports.

Fiona Godlee, an editor at BMJ, said that the picture of Tamiflu was previously much more positive than after the full study reports were disclosed. “Why did no one else demand this level of scrutiny before spending such huge sums on one drug?” she said at a press briefing. “The whole story gives an extraordinary picture of the entrenched flaws in the current system of drug regulation and drug evaluation.”

support the alltrials (http://www.alltrials.net/) campaign.

bevischief
04-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Updated Review: Tamiflu Is a Bust (http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/39686/title/Updated-Review--Tamiflu-Is-a-Bust/)

support the alltrials (http://www.alltrials.net/) campaign.

ROFL

planetdoc
04-18-2014, 10:29 AM
ROFL

you disagree?

bevischief
04-18-2014, 10:40 AM
you disagree?

I could have told you this without this study. It is all about money. Go read the side effects of just about any drug.

planetdoc
04-18-2014, 11:09 AM
I could have told you this without this study. It is all about money. Go read the side effects of just about any drug.

just because drugs list side-effects does not mean they are not clinically affective for their labeled use.

listopencil
04-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Meh. Go to your doctor if you have persistent flu-like symptoms for more than a few days.