PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What if quarterback is the BPA when we pick?

BossChief
12-23-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm not advocating drafting a quarterback in the first round at this point, lets get that out of the way. I think Alex Smith deserves another year as the starter...but this class has a 6 pack of first round quarterbacks. Last year, we took Fisher because he was BPA...well, what if one of these quarterbacks drops to 21 and is the BPA?

Do we take them?

OnTheWarpath15
12-23-2013, 10:13 PM
You're goddamn right we do.

Molitoth
12-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Yup. Alex Smith will have next season to prove he is worth an extension, and if he is not we better have a backup plan (not Chase Daniel).

jd1020
12-23-2013, 10:17 PM
It's the ****ing Chiefs.

We need a DE or G more than a QB.

Eleazar
12-23-2013, 10:17 PM
I think we do. We're going to be picking mid/late 20s anyway, and our immediate areas of need (WR, CB) seem to be areas where you won't likely get immediate contributors anyway at that draft position

AussieChiefsFan
12-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Yes. Drafting a 1st round QB would be refreshing. Especially if the potential for being a starter is there.

Easy 6
12-23-2013, 10:18 PM
You take him.

Well, bye... Chase.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Manziel!

Mojo Jojo
12-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Yep...because we will be able to trade him for an overpaid aging lineman or corner.

tecumseh
12-23-2013, 10:30 PM
They should. But probably won't. Dix.

The Franchise
12-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Fuck yes.

Tribal Warfare
12-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Yes

ThaVirus
12-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Take his ass like Clay takes cock!

In all seriousness, I'd be down with drafting BPA at every position outside of SS and RB.

The Franchise
12-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Take his ass like Clay takes cock!

In all seriousness, I'd be down with drafting BPA at every position outside of SS and RB.

Why not SS? If you can find an athletic SS who can tackle and cover....you absolutely take him. That allows you to move him and Berry around the field.

DaFace
12-23-2013, 10:41 PM
I'd be pretty disappointed if we don't draft a QB this year unless they actually think Bray's got what it takes.

Saul Good
12-23-2013, 10:41 PM
It probably won't be. We need WR, and this draft is stacked with first round WRs.

chiefzilla1501
12-23-2013, 10:43 PM
You take him. Unless you think someone like Mettenberger projects to be a better starter in the later rounds. But only for that reason.

And any QB who projects to be a starter better than Alex Smith should automatically become BPA.

Chief Roundup
12-23-2013, 10:45 PM
I guess I am picky because it truly depends on who it is. I would not like Johnny Football.

ThaVirus
12-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Why not SS? If you can find an athletic SS who can tackle and cover....you absolutely take him. That allows you to move him and Berry around the field.

I'd want a full time starter or someone with great positional value (like a pass rusher). I'd be really "meh" if we took a NT as well.

Pablo
12-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Absolutely.

If not, then TE or WR.

BossChief
12-23-2013, 10:54 PM
There are anywhere from 4-6 first round quality quarterback prospects in the class.

When you start going down the list of prospects at other positions that will also go high, it makes ya think one or two of he quarterbacks may still be on the board.

It's not like either Dorsey or Reid have shyied away from using a high pick on a quarterback when they already have a starter.

Dorsey was part of the group that took Rodgers when they already had Favre.
Reid took Kolb when McNabb was still rolling
Reid took Foles when he had Vick

Jimmya
12-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Hell yes.

GordonGekko
12-23-2013, 11:05 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1c0cc06cd2ce41e515c8564f4c52cc7d/tumblr_mtktnvSpBg1qapaezo1_500.gif

12-23-2013, 11:05 PM
There are anywhere from 4-6 first round quality quarterback prospects in the class.

When you start going down the list of prospects at other positions that will also go high, it makes ya think one or two of he quarterbacks may still be on the board.

It's not like either Dorsey or Reid have shyied away from using a high pick on a quarterback when they already have a starter.

Dorsey was part of the group that took Rodgers when they already had Favre.
Reid took Kolb when McNabb was still rolling
Reid took Foles when he had Vick

4-6?

I'm not sure about that.

duncan_idaho
12-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Should they?

Yes.

Will they?

I highly doubt it. We'll see them take someone who is "safer" and "can contribute right away" and "is a better value at this pick" and "helps us get the rest of the way there" because "we were close last year and just need a few more pieces to reach our goals."

Cynical Chiefs fan who would love to be proven wrong.

J Diddy
12-23-2013, 11:20 PM
If that's the case yes, pull the trigger. So many act like Dorsey is Pioli. We traded for Smith. We're giving up another 2nd for Alex but haven't extended him. I see a 4 year tops extension in the offseason with a qbotf being selected soon.

BossChief
12-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Boyd
Hundley
Bridgewater
Manziel
Bortles
Carr

Those are the 6 Walters sees as first rounders

duncan_idaho
12-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Boyd
Hundley
Bridgewater
Manziel
Bortles
Carr

Has Bortles officially declared? I wouldn't be surprised to see both Bortles and Hundley return to college for one more season.

Saul Good
12-23-2013, 11:24 PM
I like Connor Shaw as a late round guy.

Bump
http://25.media.tumblr.com/1c0cc06cd2ce41e515c8564f4c52cc7d/tumblr_mtktnvSpBg1qapaezo1_500.gif

I was gonna post that!

But cereal, do we think Bray could be the future? That arm of his is pretty sick.

Saul Good
Has Bortles officially declared? I wouldn't be surprised to see both Bortles and Hundley return to college for one more season.

I thought Hundley said he was staying. Bortles would be stupid not to leave early, but I think he might stay.

chiefs1111
12-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Boyd
Hundley
Bridgewater
Manziel
Bortles
Carr

The way they were talking on ESPN the other day,Hundley sounded like he was going back to UCLA

GordonGekko
12-23-2013, 11:25 PM
I was gonna post that!

But cereal, do we think Bray could be the future? That arm of his is pretty sick.

Grbac had a hell of an arm

BossChief
12-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Also, something to think about...

There are 15 quarterbacks on there that are possible third rounders, too.

Maybe we wait and snatch up an Aaron Murray in the 4th and let him heal and absorb the playbook year 1 and go from there.

Saul Good
12-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Grbac had a hell of an arm

If Bray is Grbac, that's a huge win for Dorsey.

BigMeatballDave
12-23-2013, 11:36 PM
If Bray is Grbac, that's a huge win for Dorsey.

As long as they don't share the same 10 cent brain.

12-23-2013, 11:38 PM
The way they were talking on ESPN the other day,Hundley sounded like he was going back to UCLA

He needs another year. Good decision.

12-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Boyd
Hundley
Bridgewater
Manziel
Bortles
Carr

Yikes.

philfree
12-23-2013, 11:40 PM
I was gonna post that!

Bray needs to be the next Foles.

12-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Also, something to think about...

There are 15 quarterbacks on there that are possible third rounders, too.

Maybe we wait and snatch up an Aaron Murray in the 4th and let him heal and absorb the playbook year 1 and go from there.

I'd take anyone but Logan Thomas

BossChief
12-23-2013, 11:47 PM
I'd take anyone but Logan Thomas

I can't stand him either.

95% of the time he throws to his first option and never looks anywhere else.

That's the exact opposite of what you need to be able to do in this offense.

HemiEd
12-24-2013, 12:21 AM
I'm not advocating drafting a quarterback in the first round at this point, lets get that out of the way. I think Alex Smith deserves another year as the starter...but this class has a 6 pack of first round quarterbacks. Last year, we took Fisher because he was BPA...well, what if one of these quarterbacks drops to 21 and is the BPA?

Do we take them?

Should we? Yes! Will they? No.

If nothing else, there just may be an opportunity to trade out of the first and pick up additional picks! Junior Siavii anyone?

duncan_idaho
12-24-2013, 12:22 AM
As long as they don't share the same 10 cent brain.

This is the exact criticism that comes up most often with Bray and his biggest obstacle to overcome.

duncan_idaho
12-24-2013, 12:24 AM
Should we? Yes! Will they? No.

If nothing else, there just may be an opportunity to trade out of the first and pick up additional picks! Junior Siavii anyone?

"We didn't have a second round pick and felt it was important to move back and acquire more picks..."

Can't you hear it?

HemiEd
12-24-2013, 12:25 AM
Should they?

Yes.

Will they?

I highly doubt it. We'll see them take someone who is "safer" and "can contribute right away" and "is a better value at this pick" and "helps us get the rest of the way there" because "we were close last year and just need a few more pieces to reach our goals."

Cynical Chiefs fan who would love to be proven wrong.
Should have read down the thread. Great post!

12-24-2013, 12:25 AM
Should we? Emphatic Yes

Will we? Devastating No

RunKC
12-24-2013, 12:53 AM
Well yeah of course you would if there's a good one there.

Just don't take a shitty QB like AJ McCarron in the first round. Make sure he's a guy who actually has potential.

ChiefsCountry
12-24-2013, 01:06 AM
No QB is BPA must take OT /truefan

J Diddy
12-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Well yeah of course you would if there's a good one there.

Just don't take a shitty QB like AJ McCarron in the first round. Make sure he's a guy who actually has potential.

AJ McCarron will be a better pro then Geno. Bank on it.

J Diddy
12-24-2013, 01:07 AM

:LOL:

RunKC
12-24-2013, 01:11 AM

take a QB to take one! We haven't done it in so long! Sans Geno and Sanchez /CP morons

wink91wink
12-24-2013, 01:19 AM
They need to take Aaron Murray in the 4th, let him sit out next year, fully recover from his ACL tear, and learn the playbook. I think he could be a really good NFL QB.

crazycoffey
12-24-2013, 01:40 AM

This, my only advocating in the past was not to reach "just to draft a QB". And despite some trolling I've never been against drafting more QB projects.

HemiEd
12-24-2013, 01:54 AM
"We didn't have a second round pick and felt it was important to move back and acquire more picks..."

Can't you hear it?

Yep, I can see it now. Almost like it has happened before!

ChiefsCountry
12-24-2013, 02:13 AM
take a QB to take one! We haven't done it in so long! Sans Geno and Sanchez /CP morons

Tyler Wilson fans shouldn't be commenting on quarterbacks.
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC
12-24-2013, 02:47 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Because Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez fans know all about drafting QB's

Dayze
12-24-2013, 03:40 AM
McCarron pleaze.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2013, 05:00 AM
Just me but none of the QBs coming out intrigue me.

BigMeatballDave
12-24-2013, 05:10 AM
Just me but none of the QBs coming out intrigue me.

Same here.

BigMeatballDave
12-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

:rolleyes:

Of course, you know everything.

USC QBs are awesome.

Dunerdr
12-24-2013, 05:38 AM
Personally id rather see a first round talent wr then a 3rd ish developmental qb. Or play marcus cooper as a deep threat.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-24-2013, 05:56 AM
Same here.

I learned my lesson from last year. I was head over heels for Geno even though deep down I wasn't really impressed by him. Like everyone else I was desperate. I just wanted us to take a chance. I'm gonna put my trust into the new regime until it's proven otherwise for now. And Geno may very well be a success down the road but I'm not a 'coulda woulda shoulda' guy. That ship has sailed and I wish the young guy success.

Dave Lane
12-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Never take playmakers in the first 3 rounds, OL DL only.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2013, 08:32 AM

Do we take them?

A QB will never be the BPA when the Chiefs pick in the first round.

duncan_idaho
12-24-2013, 08:35 AM
A QB will never be the BPA when the Chiefs pick in the first round.

Step 1: Acquire another team's backup QB to be your new starter. Point to his potential and ability to be a leader and keep the team in games. Ignore his inability to WIN games.

CHECK: Alex Smith acquired

Step 2: With a high 1st-round pick, insist there is no QB worthy of that high pick and that it is best to wait until later in the draft and get a similar QB at better value.
- 2A: After all worthwhile QBs go off the board between 1st and 2nd round picks, again point to value and draft BPA.
- 2B: Continue 2A until drafting a Ricky Stanzi/Pat Barnes in Round 5 or later

CHECK: Drafting a QB early avoided. Tyler Bray signed as UDFA to replace Step 2B

Step 3: Say you will wait until next year to draft a QB in the 1st and develop a franchise guy.

CHECK. Fan excuses loading up. Look how good the 2015 QB class is!

Step 4: Slog to somewhere between 7-10 wins and talk up how "competitive" your season was and how "close" the team is.

And... here... we... are. (Note: I originally posted this in May. Don't think the gap between 10 wins and 11 wins is significant, especially considering how surprisingly terrible the NFC East was.)

Step 5: When next year comes, watch in feigned dismay as all the "good" QBs go off the board before your pick. Sigh, sell "BPA available" and draft for that, saying "We're too close to winning something big to reach on a QB at this pick. Other needs must be addressed. We'll get a similar QB later at a better value."
- Step 5a: Again watch in dismay as no similar QBs are available by the next pick. Again draft BPA.
- Step 5B: Rinse and repeat 5A until eventually arriving at 2B.

Step 6: Talk up previously acquired backup QB, now-starter and how much talent you've added in the draft around him. Reference "weapons" and "chunks."

Step 7: Repeat Steps 5-6 for 2-3 more years, then reset at Step 1.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Henceforth this will be known as duncan's Law of QB Acquisitions. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=10308423&postcount=65)

Dayze
12-24-2013, 09:01 AM

LMAO. Yup.

Dayze
12-24-2013, 09:04 AM
everyone should be required to carry a condensed version of Duncan's Manifesto in their wallets.

I dub thee: "The Duncan Manifesto"

duncan_idaho
12-24-2013, 09:11 AM
everyone should be required to carry a condensed version of Duncan's Manifesto in their wallets.

I dub thee: "The Duncan Manifesto"

I think it is my best contribution to this message board. Only took me 12 years...

Dayze
12-24-2013, 09:17 AM
I think it is my best contribution to this message board. Only took me 12 years...

good things take time. :thumb:

KCFaninSEA
12-24-2013, 09:19 AM
If the Chiefs have a QB on their board that they can project out as a high level contributor to a championship team, then, yes take him. If that isn't there then best WR or Safety available. I still want to see is Kelce can perform as they say he can.

Chief Roundup
12-24-2013, 09:20 AM

So pass rushing DLineman are not playmakers.....

Chief Roundup
12-24-2013, 09:22 AM
If we do not trade back we will draft an OG or DL.

duncan_idaho
12-24-2013, 09:25 AM
If we do not trade back we will draft an OG or DL.

Mooaaaaarrrrr fatties.

It's the KC way.

siberian khatru
12-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Step 1: Acquire another team's backup QB to be your new starter. Point to his potential and ability to be a leader and keep the team in games. Ignore his inability to WIN games.

CHECK: Alex Smith acquired

Step 2: With a high 1st-round pick, insist there is no QB worthy of that high pick and that it is best to wait until later in the draft and get a similar QB at better value.
- 2A: After all worthwhile QBs go off the board between 1st and 2nd round picks, again point to value and draft BPA.
- 2B: Continue 2A until drafting a Ricky Stanzi/Pat Barnes in Round 5 or later

CHECK: Drafting a QB early avoided. Tyler Bray signed as UDFA to replace Step 2B

Step 3: Say you will wait until next year to draft a QB in the 1st and develop a franchise guy.

CHECK. Fan excuses loading up. Look how good the 2015 QB class is!

Step 4: Slog to somewhere between 7-10 wins and talk up how "competitive" your season was and how "close" the team is.

And... here... we... are. (Note: I originally posted this in May. Don't think the gap between 10 wins and 11 wins is significant, especially considering how surprisingly terrible the NFC East was.)

Step 5: When next year comes, watch in feigned dismay as all the "good" QBs go off the board before your pick. Sigh, sell "BPA available" and draft for that, saying "We're too close to winning something big to reach on a QB at this pick. Other needs must be addressed. We'll get a similar QB later at a better value."
- Step 5a: Again watch in dismay as no similar QBs are available by the next pick. Again draft BPA.
- Step 5B: Rinse and repeat 5A until eventually arriving at 2B.

Step 6: Talk up previously acquired backup QB, now-starter and how much talent you've added in the draft around him. Reference "weapons" and "chunks."

Step 7: Repeat Steps 5-6 for 2-3 more years, then reset at Step 1.

This post alone will be responsible for the suicide rate to increase over the holiday.

Sandy Vagina
12-24-2013, 09:37 AM
If the BPA is quarterback that fits well in what Reid wants? Sure... select him. Chase Daniel doesn't look like much of a QB2 to me.

Same as it has been over the recent years... Alex Smith is a good but unspectacular QB that needs a decent supporting cast. It is rare and debatable if ever that he carries a poorly performing team. There are not many QBs that can carry a poorly performing team.. and those QBs are not to be pried away from their teams.

So KC will try and improve problem areas around this good QB, while ALSO keeping a look out for that special QB that.. with proper development in short tme.. can perhaps carry a team.

Smith improved substantially from his yr 1 to yr 2 jump in SF under Harbaugh. Maybe he does that again for KC in 2014.. maybe not. I would rather add receiver talent around Smith in the 1st rd... to give him the best chance at making that next jump as he did before... but not at the expense of taking a better prospect late in the 1st.

Dayze
12-24-2013, 09:41 AM
I would LOVE to have McCarron. However, I'm not sure he would be on our radar because of our WCO. I'm confident he could learn it though.

seaofred
12-24-2013, 09:44 AM
We always have to remember BPA is subjective. Just because we believe a player is the BPA, doesn't mean Dorsey/Reid do.

Sandy Vagina
12-24-2013, 09:45 AM
I would LOVE to have McCarron. However, I'm not sure he would be on our radar because of our WCO. I'm confident he could learn it though.

Out of all the QB prospects, he reminds me most of Alex Smith, lol. I do like him, and think he is better than many do... I think he would be a great KC pick in rd 3, but I suspect he gets selected earlier. Could at least be an excellent game manager, but will need a good team around him to really excel.

Chief Roundup
12-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Mooaaaaarrrrr fatties.

It's the KC way.

History shows that Reid generally drafts OL and DL in the first and second rounds.
Out of 13 first round picks Reid has picked has OL or DL 9 times.

tredadda
12-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Should they? Sure. Will they? No. I think after how AS has performed so far this year and the man crush Reid has on him it would be tough to think they would draft his competition in the first this year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2013, 09:57 AM
I'd rather have McCarron's mom than McCarron.

philfree
12-24-2013, 09:59 AM
History shows that Reid generally drafts OL and DL in the first and second rounds.

This may be true but why? Oh yeah Reid had McNabb through all those years.

The Franchise
12-24-2013, 10:17 AM
I'd rather have McCarron's mom than McCarron.

This.

lcarus
12-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Yeah we need a QB soon but good sweet holy christ, we need a TE and some WRs worth a shit or it really doesn't matter who KC has at QB.

notorious
12-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Yeah we need a QB soon but good sweet holy christ, we need a Safety, Cornerbacks and some WRs worth a shit or it really doesn't matter who KC has at QB.

FYP

Add a DT that can give Poe a break, too.

The Franchise
12-24-2013, 10:28 AM
FYP

Add a DT that can give Poe a break, too.

We don't need CBs. We need players who can bring pressure and we need a FS who isn't a retard.

penguinz
12-24-2013, 10:44 AM
We don't need CBs. We need players who can bring pressure and we need a FS who isn't a retard.

We don't need CB's? Have you seen flowers play this season?

The Franchise
12-24-2013, 10:52 AM

Oh....you mean the same Flowers that was just fine the first 9 games when we could actually bring pressure? This defense needs a FS and better depth along the front 7.

Saul Good
12-24-2013, 10:58 AM
I could see us trade back into the second and grabbing a QB with that pick.

Chiefnj2
12-24-2013, 11:03 AM
If a QB is the best available player, it's a no brainer - take the right tackle.

OnTheWarpath15
12-24-2013, 11:22 AM
If a QB is the best available player, it's a no brainer - take the right tackle.

LMAO

Or 5-technique.

duncan_idaho
12-24-2013, 11:24 AM
LMAO

Or 5-technique.

Value!

Safety!

jd1020
12-24-2013, 11:25 AM
I could see us trade back into the second and grabbing a QB with that pick.

The Chiefs don't trade back when they have their eyes set on a big fat lineman.

Pablo
12-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Value!

Safety!I've got my eyes on a DT from Ball State this year.

Perfect fit for what the Chiefs are trying to do.

Chief Roundup
12-24-2013, 03:45 PM
This may be true but why? Oh yeah Reid had McNabb through all those years.

A QB that he liked just like Alex Smith. Reid loves Alex Smith.

Rausch
12-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Where are we projected to pick?

29-22?...

Red Dawg
12-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Manziel!

If he is there they had better take him. No way he is but we can always dream.

Chief Roundup
12-24-2013, 06:19 PM

That dude is the only one that I do not want at all.

Rausch
12-24-2013, 06:22 PM

Go fucking swim in tiki torch fluid and burn yourself close to a camp site...

Rausch
12-24-2013, 06:23 PM

:facepalm:

Chief Roundup
12-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Where are we projected to pick?

29-22?...
As of right now we are shown as 27th. But I think the lowest we can go is 23rd or 24th based on records for the first round of playoffs if we lose.

penguinz
12-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Go fucking swim in tiki torch fluid and burn yourself close to a camp site...

You are a fucking idiot. I hope you are drunk so you might have some excuse to act like the idiot you are.

Easy 6
12-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Go ****ing swim in tiki torch fluid and burn yourself close to a camp site...

I'm almost certain he's jd1020's pappy.

Rausch
12-24-2013, 08:02 PM
You are a ****ing idiot. I hope you are drunk so you might have some excuse to act like the idiot you are.

So you think Flowers is the main reason we need a CB?

You honestly believe that isn't fucking retarded?...

Rausch
12-24-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm almost certain he's jd1020's pappy.

Hold your scalded 'maters, I'm making a point...

Easy 6
12-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Hold your scalded 'maters, I'm making a point...

GIT'IM RAUSCH!

Rausch
12-24-2013, 08:09 PM
GIT'IM RAUSCH!

Sarcasm not appreciated...

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-24-2013, 08:10 PM

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-24-2013, 08:12 PM
That dude is the only one that I do not want at all.

Damn ! Didn't realize you were stuped !

Easy 6
12-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Sarcasm not appreciated...

No sarcasm on my part, penguin has been a snipey douche since i started here seven + years ago.

Took a two or three year break then shows back up and never seems to post to agree with anyone or add to their thought, just chimes in to be a dick about something... its not a good look.

GIT'IM RAUSCH

Chief Roundup
12-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Damn ! Didn't realize you were stuped !

I would say wanting someone with the shit attitude and that is immature is stupid.

penguinz
12-24-2013, 08:16 PM
So you think Flowers is the main reason we need a CB?

You honestly believe that isn't fucking retarded?...

Did I say THE reason? He is not the only reason but his play has declined this season.

I don't care who you think you are but you are not what you think you are.

RunKC
I doubt there will be a QB as talented as some of the players at our pick this year. JFF, Carr, Bridgewater and Bordles should all be gone.
Tajh Boyd and AJ McCarron don't like like they belong in the first round right now either.

There's a lot of talent at CB, pass rusher and TE.

This team could really use another pass rusher of some kind. That's what made us look good the first 9 games.

Rausch
So he's here, and logged on, I guess he's pulled away by our casino option...

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-24-2013, 08:18 PM

Reid is being coached by Dorsey now who is a far better talent evaluator. Dorsey will have the final say in drafting and remember he drafted Rogers to sit for 4 years.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-24-2013, 08:21 PM
I would say wanting someone with the shit attitude and that is immature is stupid.

Those close to him would tell you that is not the case. I guess time will tell but I think he is a lot more dedicated than it's percieved.

Rausch
12-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Did I say THE reason? He is not the only reason but his play has declined this season.

The statement was that "we don't need CB's this season."

Your first post is how Flowers proves we do.

That's pointing out Flowers as a poor corner.

It also points out your lack of understanding of what this defense does and how we move people around.

And your stupidity...

Unlike yourself I'm based deeply enough in reality to know who I am...

Chief Roundup
12-24-2013, 08:27 PM
Reid is being coached by Dorsey now who is a far better talent evaluator. Dorsey will have the final say in drafting and remember he drafted Rogers to sit for 4 years.

How did he do that? He was not in a position to draft Rodgers. Rodgers was drafted in 2005. Dorsey did not get in charge of the Packers personnel until 2011.

Easy 6
12-24-2013, 08:29 PM

Neither are you, part timer.

penguinz
12-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Neither are you, part timer.

No one asked your opinion. ;)

penguinz
12-24-2013, 08:43 PM

The statement was that "we don't need CB's this season."

Your first post is how Flowers proves we do.

That's pointing out Flowers as a poor corner.

It also points out your lack of understanding of what this defense does and how we move people around.

And your stupidity...

Unlike yourself I'm based deeply enough in reality to know who I am...

Flowers is getting older, injured more often and is not the shutdown corner he used to be. Time to find his successor.

You are based in reality? You sure about that?

penguinz
12-24-2013, 08:46 PM
No sarcasm on my part, penguin has been a snipey douche since i started here seven + years ago.

Took a two or three year break then shows back up and never seems to post to agree with anyone or add to their thought, just chimes in to be a dick about something... its not a good look.

GIT'IM RAUSCH

You have me confused with someone else. I have never taken a "break".

Easy 6
12-24-2013, 08:54 PM
No one asked your opinion. ;)

Merry Christmas, all of my sincere best to you and yours.

All i'm saying is don't show up out of almost nowhere and be a dick all over the place... in spite of current dramas, i believe most here are learning to disagree without telling everyone "you're a ****ing dumbass" every time they disagree.

Atleast most of the time.

penguinz
12-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Merry Christmas, all of my sincere best to you and yours.

All i'm saying is don't show up out of almost nowhere and be a dick all over the place... in spite of current dramas, i believe most here are learning to disagree without telling everyone "you're a ****ing dumbass" every time they disagree.

Atleast most of the time.

Not everyone. Just rausch. Not sure why but something about him gets on my nerves. ;)

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-24-2013, 09:07 PM
How did he do that? He was not in a position to draft Rodgers. Rodgers was drafted in 2005. Dorsey did not get in charge of the Packers personnel until 2011.

John Michael Dorsey (born August 30, 1960) is an American football executive and General Manager of the Kansas City Chiefs.[1] He is a former National Football League player for the Green Bay Packers, and later served, for two decades, in the Packers' Scouting Department, including Director of College Scouting from 2000-2012.[2] Dorsey also served as the Seattle Seahawks Director of Player Personnel in 1999, between two stints in Green Bay's Front Office.

Chief Roundup
12-24-2013, 09:11 PM
John Michael Dorsey (born August 30, 1960) is an American football executive and General Manager of the Kansas City Chiefs.[1] He is a former National Football League player for the Green Bay Packers, and later served, for two decades, in the Packers' Scouting Department, including Director of College Scouting from 2000-2012.[2] Dorsey also served as the Seattle Seahawks Director of Player Personnel in 1999, between two stints in Green Bay's Front Office.

Yes that is correct he was not in a position to do anything more than advise about college athletes. He did not draft any player before 2011 let alone Aaron Rodgers.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Yes that is correct he was not in a position to do anything more than advise about college athletes. He did not draft any player before 2011 let alone Aaron Rodgers.

:shake:

Easy 6
12-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Not everyone. Just rausch. Not sure why but something about him gets on my nerves. ;)

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Rausch is good people, do ya think he might be a bit frazzled after his dads cancer scare?

Anyway, right arm, heres to you and your family... PEACE BE UPON THE PLANET.

Chief Roundup
12-24-2013, 09:25 PM
:shake:

What I am stating is the truth. I am sure he liked Aaron and told the Head Coach, General Manager and Director of Player Personnel as much just like every other Director of College SCOUTING did with their respective teams. But the HC, GM are the ones that actually draft the college players.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
12-25-2013, 03:38 AM
Bridgewater, Manziel and whoever else won't be there when you draft.

milkman
12-25-2013, 08:04 AM

Dorsey was never in charge of personnel decisions in Gree Bay, including 2012.

BlackHelicopters
12-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Yes