PDA

View Full Version : Misc Marlboro "Special Blend"

lcarus
12-24-2013, 09:48 AM
I saw these fuckers on sale yesterday at Walgreens. 2 packs for $9. So I figured what the hell, I'll buy 2 packs. I bought the "lights" or as they call them now...the "gold packs". I didn't think they would be much worse than what I regularly smoke, which is regular Marlboro 72 Golds or Marlboro Lights.

Well I smoked a few of these over a couple hours, and I got this headache. One of the worst headaches of my life. It was so bad my vision got blurry, and when I got home from work I just had to lay down. I woke up a couple hours later and the headache was still there. Has anyone else had that issue with any brand of cigarettes? I seem to recall something similar happening when I smoked a pack of Camel Lights a couple years ago. Fuck Camels...

bdj23
12-24-2013, 09:53 AM
Didn't know you like to get wet, dog.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Did Seabass follow you out of the store

Lzen
12-24-2013, 10:09 AM
You should probably just stop smoking altogether. This is a sign.

lcarus
12-24-2013, 10:10 AM
You should probably just stop smoking altogether. This is a sign.

Yep. I think my dad is getting me a nice e-cig kit for Christmas. Good time to quit.

Bowser
12-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Yep. I think my dad is getting me a nice e-cig kit for Christmas. Good time to quit.

Good for you. Nothing at all good comes from smoking.

lcarus
12-24-2013, 10:14 AM

Nope. It sucks a good amount of cash out of my wallet too. Let's see. 2 packs a day. 10 bucks a day. Over $300 a month. :huh:

Mav
12-24-2013, 10:14 AM

Training day movie quote rep!

The Franchise
12-24-2013, 10:15 AM

Nothing says getting healthier like inhaling vapors into your lungs.

Fairplay
12-24-2013, 10:17 AM

He looks cool smoking isn't that something good?

Bowser
12-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Nope. It sucks a good amount of cash out of my wallet too. Let's see. 2 packs a day. 10 bucks a day. Over $300 a month. :huh:

Wow. Plus you get the added bonus of you stink, your place stinks, your shit stinks....

I remember hearing about some test that was ran saying how nicotine was as hard to kick as heroin is. I find that crazy, and am very thankful I never tried the shit.

Good luck to you in your efforts to quit.

lcarus
12-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Nothing says getting healthier like inhaling vapors into your lungs.

Healthier than smoking cigarettes.

Bowser
12-24-2013, 10:19 AM
He looks cool smoking isn't that something good?

Only if he has the James Dean hair and leather coat.

lcarus
12-24-2013, 10:21 AM

I do have the James Dean hair and leather coat. Unfortunately it smells like shit because of the CIGARETTE SMOKE! ROFL

The Franchise
12-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Healthier than smoking cigarettes.

If you're using it to quit all together.....then good on you. If you're just switching under the premise that it's better than smoking cigarettes...and you aren't going to quit...then you might as well stick to what you're doing now.

Fairplay
12-24-2013, 10:22 AM

Hey dude the truck that crashed at 152 and Indiana they released the name but I didn't know who he was. This 35 year old guy.

The Franchise
12-24-2013, 10:25 AM
And that's not me trying to be a judgemental asshole. I started smoking at 15 and smoked until I was 26. I only quit because the Air Force offered to pay for the medication and the patch completely. I didn't even WANT to quit at that time....but the cost savings was enough to make me do it. There have been times over the last 7 years that I've had an occasional cigarette....but I don't start again because I end up smelling like shit and getting a headache from it.

If you want to quit.....then just quit. But switching from inhaling smoke to inhaling water vapor isn't really helping you out.

Bowser
12-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Hey dude the truck that crashed at 152 and Indiana they released the name but I didn't know who he was. This 35 year old guy.

What was the guys name?

Prison Bitch
12-24-2013, 10:29 AM

Training Day. Great quote.

lcarus
12-24-2013, 10:31 AM
And that's not me trying to be a judgemental asshole. I started smoking at 15 and smoked until I was 26. I only quit because the Air Force offered to pay for the medication and the patch completely. I didn't even WANT to quit at that time....but the cost savings was enough to make me do it. There have been times over the last 7 years that I've had an occasional cigarette....but I don't start again because I end up smelling like shit and getting a headache from it.

If you want to quit.....then just quit. But switching from inhaling smoke to inhaling water vapor isn't really helping you out.

Yeah I'm gonna get the nicotine patch and use the e-cig only when I'm getting that huge craving. My dad quit his 3 pack a day habit about 6 years ago. His doc told him he was gonna die if he didn't quit. So after 6 years of being completely free and clear of nicotine, like an idiot he started using the e-cigarette. Now he's hooked on the damn e-cig. So stupid.

Fairplay
12-24-2013, 10:32 AM
What was the guys name?

I'm perusing channel 4-9 and kctv5 working for you websites. they took it down already or i cant find it. i'll let you know man, if i find out i'm a detective.

Fairplay
12-24-2013, 10:33 AM
What was the guys name?

The driver has been identified as 36-year-old Michael R. Brocato. Police say he was not wearing a seat belt.

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/fatal-accident-at-highway-152-in-the-northland#ixzz2oPX0hS00

Fairplay
12-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Sgt. Stadanko reporting sir.

Fairplay
12-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Yesterday morning I was at the new Pricechopper and going outside there were police cars going to and fro with lights and sirens a going. The bank out by N.Oak in front of it was just robbed, apparently he escaped with the dough.

chefsos
12-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Regarding the OP: The very first thing that came to mind when I read "cigarettes" followed by "headache" was fuckin' Camel Lights. Did the same to me when I tried 'em years ago. Looking at the damn pack now makes my head hurt.

Garcia Bronco
12-24-2013, 10:45 AM
I saw these ****ers on sale yesterday at Walgreens. 2 packs for $9. So I figured what the hell, I'll buy 2 packs. I bought the "lights" or as they call them now...the "gold packs". I didn't think they would be much worse than what I regularly smoke, which is regular Marlboro 72 Golds or Marlboro Lights.

Well I smoked a few of these over a couple hours, and I got this headache. One of the worst headaches of my life. It was so bad my vision got blurry, and when I got home from work I just had to lay down. I woke up a couple hours later and the headache was still there. Has anyone else had that issue with any brand of cigarettes? I seem to recall something similar happening when I smoked a pack of Camel Lights a couple years ago. **** Camels...

yes...anytime I would switch brands. Camels would do this to me every time.

Stop smoking cigs. Get a vape and some e-cig oils

I recommend a Kangertech (made of glass, **** plastic) pro-tank and an ego ctwist battery. You can still get your nicotine and step down your nicotine in the process.

In fact you can get e-cig oil with no nicotine, so you can still feel like you are smoking.

It's soooo many addictions at once...nicotine, oral fixation, inhaling something....yaddaa..yadda...but it's so much better for you and you can still quit without being an asshole

Fairplay
12-24-2013, 10:48 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/MHaaF6IlhdY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Garcia Bronco
12-24-2013, 10:49 AM
One other note....it takes a little bit to properly inhale an e-cig...but after two days...you're all good-to-go.

InChiefsHeaven
12-24-2013, 10:54 AM
If you're using it to quit all together.....then good on you. If you're just switching under the premise that it's better than smoking cigarettes...and you aren't going to quit...then you might as well stick to what you're doing now.

Incorrect. You could pull on an e-cig for the rest of your life and you'd be way ahead of the game. I quit smoking over 6 months ago using the e-cig and still use it. I've stepped down the nicotine to 11 mg, roughly the equivalent of an ultralite cigarette. I do intend to quit altogether, but I don't have to be in a hurry.

The Franchise
12-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Incorrect. You could pull on an e-cig for the rest of your life and you'd be way ahead of the game. I quit smoking over 6 months ago using the e-cig and still use it. I've stepped down the nicotine to 11 mg, roughly the equivalent of an ultralite cigarette. I do intend to quit altogether, but I don't have to be in a hurry.

Because breathing water vapor into your lungs is perfectly healthy.

Fish
12-24-2013, 11:09 AM

Technically you didn't quit smoking, you just switched to a different method of smoking. Still.... anything helps. Good for you.

I have noticed though, that e-cig smokers seem to really downplay or excuse away any harmful effects and convince themselves that they're safer than they are.

lcarus
12-24-2013, 11:10 AM
One other note....it takes a little bit to properly inhale an e-cig...but after two days...you're all good-to-go.

Yeah I've used an e-cig before, I've just never had a quality one of my own.

InChiefsHeaven
12-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Technically you didn't quit smoking, you just switched to a different method of smoking. Still.... anything helps. Good for you.

I have noticed though, that e-cig smokers seem to really downplay or excuse away any harmful effects and convince themselves that they're safer than they are.

Technically I DID quit smoking. I chose a different nicotine delivery system, to be sure. But I can tell you without a doubt that I'm not a smoker anymore.

Ecigs contain Propelyn Glycol, a common food additive, flavor, and nicotine. There is some argument about the effects of vaporizing it, but there is no way anyone can convince me that it's just as bad as smoking. There are no carcinogens. They've been trying to prove for 15 years that it's bad for you, and they just can't. Cuz it's not, other than delivering nicotine so you are still addicted.

I breath extremely well, my voice (I'm a singer and a voice over guy) never has a problem, I had a cold that lasted 2 days instead of 2 weeks, it doesn't stink and I can use it pretty much anywhere. I've tried smoking again just to see if I still like it, and I can't stand it.

I dunno. I would recommend it to any nicotine addict, because it is hands down better than any other quitting method and DAMN sure better than smoking. Just sayin'.

InChiefsHeaven
12-24-2013, 11:35 AM

Get a good one and stick with it. You can quit with it, seriously. You just have to get a good one though. The crappy ones they sell in the convenient stores don't really work well.

saphojunkie
12-24-2013, 11:36 AM

No.

InChiefsHeaven
12-24-2013, 11:37 AM

Unless you think it's going to drown me, I don't really know what you mean. What are the harmful effects of the e-cig? I mean the confirmed ones, not the speculated ones?

lcarus
12-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Unless you think it's going to drown me, I don't really know what you mean. What are the harmful effects of the e-cig? I mean the confirmed ones, not the speculated ones?

Whatever they are, there's no way it's worse than smoking 2 packs of cigarettes every day.

Radar Chief
2 packs for $9.

:eek: And that's a cheap price? Got'damn I'm glad I quit smoking.

TribalElder
http://sincemylastcigarette.com/banners/1297598400_20_1_USD_4.5_dark.png

fuck cigarrettes

lcarus
:eek: And that's a cheap price? Got'damn I'm glad I quit smoking.

Yeah. Normal Marlboro Lights at a QuikTrip are over $6!

saphojunkie
12-24-2013, 11:39 AM

So everything that's unhealthy is equally unhealthy?

Not getting enough sleep isn't healthy.

Having a coca cola once a day isn't healthy.

Ask your doctor if he'd rather you smoke than either of those things. I hate this argument of "the alternative isn't perfect, so let's stick with the vastly more flawed status quo!"

Read between the lines if you must.

saphojunkie
12-24-2013, 11:42 AM
My best advice is just to quit. Use the e-cig when you get a strong craving.

The other thing is I suggest treating ONE PULL off the e-cig as a full cigarette. If you want more of the fixation, buy flavored liquid and don't inhale. I steadily cut down and don't even think about smoking anymore. If, once a month, I really want a cigarette, I go find my e-cig and have a pull, oftentimes not even inhaling. My craving goes away and I'm all the better for it.

Good luck. Quitting is not as hard as it's made out to be. But you have to be smart and actually want to quit. Then it's easy.

Prison Bitch
12-24-2013, 11:43 AM
http://sincemylastcigarette.com/banners/1297598400_20_1_USD_4.5_dark.png

**** cigarrettes

Your math suggests you smoked 1 pack/day. Is that right?

The Franchise
12-24-2013, 11:48 AM
So everything that's unhealthy is equally unhealthy?

Not getting enough sleep isn't healthy.

Having a coca cola once a day isn't healthy.

Ask your doctor if he'd rather you smoke than either of those things. I hate this argument of "the alternative isn't perfect, so let's stick with the vastly more flawed status quo!"

Read between the lines if you must.

I said that quitting was his best option.

TribalElder
12-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Your math suggests you smoked 1 pack/day. Is that right?

Correct

A filthy habit I entertained for years.

Just Passin' By
12-24-2013, 12:03 PM

There are health benefits to smoking, according to some studies. Most people haven't been told of them, but they do exist.

InChiefsHeaven
12-24-2013, 12:27 PM
There are health benefits to smoking, according to some studies. Most people haven't been told of them, but they do exist.

I gotta have an example...

Cornstock
12-24-2013, 01:28 PM
Just googled health benefits of smoking and found this: http://www.livescience.com/15115-5-health-benefits-smoking-disease.html

1. Smoking lowers risk of knee-replacement surgery
2. Smoking lowers risk of Parkinson's disease
3. Smoking lowers risk of obesity
4. Smoking lowers risk of death after some heart attacks
5. Smoking helps the heart drug clopidogrel work better

The article expands on these

Garcia Bronco
12-24-2013, 01:54 PM

These Kangertech protanks are the best I've seen in terms of durablilty so far. You could alos get an Apollo or somethng like that. It's a whole new culture

Garcia Bronco
12-24-2013, 02:01 PM

You mean like fog...or breathing under a mask in the snow though you mouth? Or in a steamy shower? The Nicotine in the vapor is not good because it ups your BP...but the vapor itself...not that bas...certainly not as bad as combustion.

Garcia Bronco
12-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Technically I DID quit smoking. I chose a different nicotine delivery system, to be sure. But I can tell you without a doubt that I'm not a smoker anymore.

Ecigs contain Propelyn Glycol, a common food additive, flavor, and nicotine. There is some argument about the effects of vaporizing it, but there is no way anyone can convince me that it's just as bad as smoking. There are no carcinogens. They've been trying to prove for 15 years that it's bad for you, and they just can't. Cuz it's not, other than delivering nicotine so you are still addicted.

I breath extremely well, my voice (I'm a singer and a voice over guy) never has a problem, I had a cold that lasted 2 days instead of 2 weeks, it doesn't stink and I can use it pretty much anywhere. I've tried smoking again just to see if I still like it, and I can't stand it.

I dunno. I would recommend it to any nicotine addict, because it is hands down better than any other quitting method and DAMN sure better than smoking. Just sayin'.

This is my exact experience as well. Especially the cigs

You can also make THC cig-oils hehehe.....hahahahaha MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Look out parents....your kids could do this shit in the same room with you and you'll never know.

Prison Bitch
12-24-2013, 02:08 PM
One question about saving money due to stopping: do smokers just spend it elsewhere, like at the boats or at Chiefs games, or do they truly save it?

lcarus
12-24-2013, 02:11 PM
One question about saving money due to stopping: do smokers just spend it elsewhere, like at the boats or at Chiefs games, or do they truly save it?

I'm sure everyone is different. For me, I'd save it. I might spend a little bit more money on other stuff that I couldn't afford before, but it would be things that would benefit me health wise, such as maybe a gym membership, healthier food, etc. I'd probably spend more on entertainment such as movies, books, video games. But overall I'd be saving money.

Pants
12-24-2013, 02:55 PM

I didn't make a conscious decision on where the cigarette money would go when I quit a couple years back and I can't say I noticed a significant difference in my finances. I was smoking almost a pack a day at $5.50/pack IIRC.

BlackHelicopters
12-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Good luck on quitting.

TribalElder
12-24-2013, 03:02 PM

Although the banner I posted shows money saved I did nothing extra with the money. It was just 4 or 5 bucks a day that no longer flowed out of my account. It does add up pretty quickly.

Bowser
12-24-2013, 04:48 PM

Are these studies from the 1950's, by chance?

Just Passin' By
12-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Are these studies from the 1950's, by chance?

No

HonestChieffan
12-24-2013, 05:54 PM

They get tats

Rausch
12-24-2013, 05:58 PM
I saw these ****ers on sale yesterday at Walgreens. 2 packs for $9. So I figured what the hell, I'll buy 2 packs. I bought the "lights" or as they call them now...the "gold packs". I didn't think they would be much worse than what I regularly smoke, which is regular Marlboro 72 Golds or Marlboro Lights.

Well I smoked a few of these over a couple hours, and I got this headache. One of the worst headaches of my life. It was so bad my vision got blurry, and when I got home from work I just had to lay down. I woke up a couple hours later and the headache was still there. Has anyone else had that issue with any brand of cigarettes? I seem to recall something similar happening when I smoked a pack of Camel Lights a couple years ago. **** Camels...

Right after the whole "they'll have to put themselves out" law came about (was that local or federal?) Camel's started to taste like a mixture of evaporated liquid smoke and burning plastic.

And they were by far my favorite.

It's much like picking a Diet soda now.

To me Winston lights taste the LEAST like a heavy-lung-raping-with-preservatives-and-artificial-taste...