12-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Hats off to chase Daniels.

He's a good backup.

Lonewolf Ed
What is it with kickers on this team? :banghead: :cuss:x 1000

jd1020
At least he no's the rules of when and were two threw the ball.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
Eye no longer dislike him either.

I no that u no that I know.

okay

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Fuck the noodle arm.

kcjoker
12-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Daniel did more than his part to win this game. Blame Succup for missing that FG, horrible call on the fake punt. Plus the last play of the game SD only rushed 3 men and yet our OL let a guy come free right away. After watching the replay he wouldn't have made it 15 yards running for it. Chase isn't better than Alex but he's a good backup QB.

XXXshogunXXX
12-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Good game chiefs fans, twas entertaining

You guys should consider starting Chase next week, guy is almost nails. In fact, start your entire backup team. I was more impressed by them than the starting cheifs we beat in KC

cabletech94
12-29-2013, 06:53 PM
we should trade him to washington for their first rounder.

oops.

Garcia Bronco
12-29-2013, 06:58 PM
He really played well. I think he should be starting someplace

Ragged Robin
12-29-2013, 07:03 PM
I still do.

He could have converted that 4th down if he isn't a brainless dickbrain

Don't forget the idiot decision on 3rd down. He played like a backup, plain and simple.

Easy 6
12-29-2013, 07:05 PM
He had a handful of bad throws, but outside of that... yeah, he did just fine.

His mobility was a pleasant surprise and he also showed that he has a very accurate little zip gun.

Deberg_1990
12-29-2013, 07:06 PM
He played ok. He is what he is. A backup QB. He proved he can play within the system and not make any major mistakes to cost his team a game. that's about all you can ask of a backup
Posted via Mobile Device

64 Chief
12-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Great game Chase, You reduced some of the beaker hate on this board.

splatbass
12-29-2013, 07:09 PM
He looked good most of the time, but he needs to learn where the LOS is.

Lex Luthor
12-29-2013, 07:09 PM
He really played well. I think he should be starting someplace
In a couple of years he can replace Peyton Manning.

MahiMike
12-29-2013, 07:12 PM
He looked good most of the time, but he needs to learn where the LOS is.

meh. One bad play. He played his butt off today. As did all our guys.

Except 1.

splatbass
12-29-2013, 08:23 PM
meh. One bad play. He played his butt off today. As did all our guys.

Except 1.

No, he got away with one earlier where he was across the line by two yards. The refs didn't call it and the announcers didn't mention it. That's twice. Twice is a habit. It is fixable, but after all this time playing football he should know exactly where it is.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2013, 08:25 PM
I LOVE HIM

Rasputin
12-29-2013, 08:34 PM
I still don't like Chase Daniels. Now less chance of drafting and developing a quarterback yet again.

Chase Daniels is going be career backup quarterback who gives a fuck about him?

He comes in does his job good for him but I'm not excited about him for future quarterbacking the KC CHUEFS.

jd1020
12-29-2013, 08:37 PM
I still don't like Chase Daniels. Now less chance of drafting and developing a quarterback yet again.

Chase Daniels is going be career backup quarterback who gives a **** about him?

He comes in does his job good for him but I'm not excited about him for future quarterbacking the KC CHUEFS.

The Chiefs only hope of finding a franchise QB lies in backups, whether they are on the team currently or members of another franchise.

I care!

... but not really.

Buzz
12-29-2013, 08:39 PM
He looked to be better than any of the QB's we have had the past few years, backup or starter.

Simplicity
12-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Would have preferred watching Bray today but it was a good.

crossbow
12-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Did Bray dress today?

Deberg_1990
12-29-2013, 08:42 PM

Chase Daniels is going be career backup quarterback who gives a fuck about him?

Barring injury, he doesn't have a future QBing the KC Chiefs.
Posted via Mobile Device

jd1020
12-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Did Bray dress today?

Yes.

Alex didn't.

KcMizzou
12-29-2013, 08:43 PM
He had a handful of bad throws, but outside of that... yeah, he did just fine.

His mobility was a pleasant surprise and he also showed that he has a very accurate little zip gun.His mobility is no surprise. He's pretty quick when he needs to be.

rageeumr
12-29-2013, 08:43 PM
I think he showed today that he's probably worth what the Chiefs paid for him. He's a serviceable backup, which is a pretty valuable commodity in the NFL.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Chase has always been able to move. His arm is quite a bit stronger than when he was at Mizzou. He was only able to throw a ball 64 yards on a crow hop. That ball he threw to Jenkins on the sideline was a seed.

Chiefshrink
12-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Hypothetical here: Chase or Kyle ?

I'd take Orton in a heartbeat.

Easy 6
12-29-2013, 08:48 PM
His mobility is no surprise. He's pretty quick when he needs to be.

I don't think i ever watched him in college, it surprised me... he had some real wheels on that long run, definitely faster than Alex.

Buzz
12-29-2013, 08:53 PM
I don't think i ever watched him in college, it surprised me... he had some real wheels on that long run, definitely faster than Alex.

hum, I thought Alex was a better / safer runner, Chase was more up the middle looking to get his head taken off, Alex goes for the safe out of bounds type run.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-29-2013, 08:55 PM
There is some recent tape on him now. Chilly got to switch it up next time

Easy 6
12-29-2013, 09:01 PM
hum, I thought Alex was a better / safer runner, Chase was more up the middle looking to get his head taken off, Alex goes for the safe out of bounds type run.

He makes the safer decisions, but i definitely think Chase is faster.

Yeah, he took some real chances with his body today, but the guy hardly ever gets a real chance to play and probably just wanted to go balls out, throw caution to the wind etc.

Ragged Robin
12-29-2013, 09:05 PM
He makes the safer decisions, but i definitely think Chase is faster.

Yeah, he took some real chances with his body today, but the guy hardly ever gets a real chance to play and probably just wanted to go balls out, throw caution to the wind etc.

Chase only looks faster because he's 4 inches shorter (which means he takes more strides to cover the same amount of distance). Alex is 6'4 and runs a 4.7 and Chase is 6'0 and runs a 4.8.

Easy 6
12-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Chase only looks faster because he's 4 inches shorter (which means he takes more strides to cover the same amount of distance). Alex is 6'4 and runs a 4.7 and Chase is 6'0 and runs a 4.8.

Hmm, well i suppose i stand corrected.

Cannibal
12-29-2013, 09:08 PM
I still do.

He could have converted that 4th down if he isn't a brainless dickbrain

:LOL: thanks for the laugh.

KCrockaholic
12-29-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm a Mizzou fan. And I don't want him as our #2. He did ok today. But he's not a guy to rely on.

GloryDayz
12-29-2013, 09:12 PM
I must admit, he sure showed his haters that they'll have to find a certain play to cling to their hate. If he can do all that after sitting for some 15 weeks (or more) and doing it with the backups against what is now (like it or not) a playoff team, yeah, that's pretty amazing.

At a minimum (if we want to stick with the guy who's not so keen on the football through the tire drill [from more than six feet]), I think his "up to speed" speed is worth keeping him around.

Cannibal
12-29-2013, 09:13 PM
I don't dislike him as much as I thought. It was a pretty gutsy performance. I enjoyed the play where he got hammered and got right up and shoved the defender.

Sure-Oz
12-29-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm a Mizzou fan. And I don't want him as our #2. He did ok today. But he's not a guy to rely on.

He didn't do too bad for an undrafted guy with his 1st start and almost zero NFL playing time

Hoover
12-29-2013, 09:27 PM
I was impressed with him, especially considering that he didn't have starter talent surrounding him. He's a good backup. Would be nice if he could restructure to help us with the cap.

ILChief
12-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Much better than I thought. I was expecting a Hindenberg

Ultra Peanut
12-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Oh, & **** SUCCUPSHUT YOUR FUCKING FACE

houstonwhodat
12-30-2013, 01:31 PM
He's had a pretty good teacher the last few years...

It does matter.

Chief Roundup
12-30-2013, 01:40 PM
This was Chase's first start in the NFL. He was playing with all backups around him. He did very well all things considered. We know we have a good quality backup in Chase for sure. This game either cemented him as our backup or might get us an offer to trade him for a draft pick.

Mosbonian
12-30-2013, 01:44 PM
A lot of negative comments from a bunch of guys probably sitting on their butts who would probably piss their pants if put in the same position as he was.

Was he great....no. Did he play like you expect a backup QB starting his first game....yep. He made 2 plays that were not smart, which is about average for EVERY QB in the league per game.

He ain't great, but he played well. He's not the future and anyone thinking he was is reaching for a reason to bitch.

Archie Bunker
12-30-2013, 01:52 PM
I came away impressed. That first deep throw after the dropped pick 6 helped set the tone. He is what he is, I expect him to be around as the #2 and then fading into the Ty Detmer role later on.

FRCDFED
12-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Weren't there rumors when we picked him up that NO wanted to keep him because of how well he ran the practice team and that he "pushed" Brees on a daily basis?

kepp
12-30-2013, 02:03 PM

Not sure I understand why someone wouldn't want him as our #2. He more than proved himself IMO. I suppose I can understand it if people were to want Bray to move up to #2 because he has such a great upside, but for now, I feel much safer having Daniel as the backup. My guess would be that in 2015, or maybe late next season even, Bray moves to #2.

Direckshun
12-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Weren't there rumors when we picked him up that NO wanted to keep him because of how well he ran the practice team and that he "pushed" Brees on a daily basis?

Yup.

We actually outbid NO and like two other teams for him.

Easy 6
12-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Between this guy and Bray, i hope no one has their hopes up about drafting anyone this year.

Buehler445
12-30-2013, 02:37 PM
I thought he signed a 1 year $2M contract?

Is that not right?

Chief Roundup
12-30-2013, 02:39 PM
I thought he signed a 1 year $2M contract?

Is that not right?

No it is not. He got 10 million over 3 yrs. with a 3 mil signing bonus.

Saccopoo
12-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Between this guy and Bray, i hope no one has their hopes up about drafting anyone this year.

Well, looky there...logic and objectivity.

And on the Chiefs Planet no less.

http://www.themiracletimes.com/Images/miracle-earth.jpg

Easy 6
12-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Well, looky there...logic and objectivity.

And on the Chiefs Planet no less.

http://www.themiracletimes.com/Images/miracle-earth.jpg

Logic and objectivity changes nothing, there will still be much weeping and gnashing of teeth in the lake of fire when we don't take one... it is what it is.

RealSNR
12-30-2013, 02:48 PM
If you gave Ron Wolf a QB roster of Alex Smith, Chase Daniel, and Tyler Bray, he would keep drafting QBs.

Just saying.

RippedmyFlesh
12-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Chase has always been able to move. His arm is quite a bit stronger than when he was at Mizzou. He was only able to throw a ball 64 yards on a crow hop. That ball he threw to Jenkins on the sideline was a seed.

That throw shocked me in a good way. I was stunned. Did Bray sneak in?
It was beautiful and from that point on I wanted more passing and never thought I would think that with Chase.

Buehler445
12-30-2013, 02:58 PM
No it is not. He got 10 million over 3 yrs. with a 3 mil signing bonus.

My mistake.

He may have some trade value now. That's a LOT of fucking money.

FringeNC
12-30-2013, 03:07 PM

Seems like he did fine for a backup. Remember when Croyle started against SD a few years ago?

RippedmyFlesh
12-30-2013, 03:08 PM
My mistake.

He may have some trade value now. That's a LOT of fucking money.

I would take him over Orton and he gets 5 a year. I don't think Andy is afraid to have higher priced backup qb's. He took care of the ball and made some plays. You can't ask more than that from a backup. Did we over pay a little yes. But not a lot based on yesterday.

Start Croyle
12-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Seems like he did fine for a backup. Remember when Croyle started against SD a few years ago?

Totally different situation. That was under a bad, emotional and irrational coach who played favorites and deliberately tried to make the backup QB look bad to prop up the unpopular starting QB!

In my opinion Croyle should still be a Chief and if he wasn't starting, he would have definitely impressed in this outing! He would have won the game.

mikey23545
12-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Totally different situation. That was under a bad, emotional and irrational coach who played favorites and deliberately tried to make the backup QB look bad to prop up the unpopular starting QB!

In my opinion Croyle should still be a Chief and if he wasn't starting, he would have definitely impressed in this outing! He would have won the game.

Well, let's face it, he's really playing well now for...I forget, who is he playing for now?

Easy 6
12-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Well, let's face it, he's really playing well now for...I forget, who is he playing for now?

Alabammy Mammy Insurance Company

KcMizzou
12-30-2013, 04:04 PM

In my opinion Croyle should still be a Chief and if he wasn't starting, he would have definitely impressed in this outing! He would have won the game.Just like when he won against... ?

Deberg_1990
12-30-2013, 04:08 PM

There are no words.

:facepalm:
Posted via Mobile Device

MotherfuckerJones
12-30-2013, 04:47 PM

LMAO

GloryDayz
12-30-2013, 05:05 PM
I saw a kid who played as well as any non-super star QB in the league. Yeah, the last play wasn't smart, but if that's all his haters have, PLEASE!!! And he did it ALL surrounded by backups (fresh legs or otherwise). I saw a QB that looks like he has better accuracy than our #1, and perhaps benefited by have the faster #2 WR(s) get a little separation. Regardless of the WRs getting separation, he put the ball there, and that was really nice to see (for a change). And I saw a kid who can scramble pretty darn well. I get the KU folks having issues because he was an MU guy, but get over it...

What I saw was a kid who played one HELL of a game and only had moments of looking like a backup. Had he not been a backup but a starter instead, those plays that looked like a backup would have been written off as being caused by "pressure" or something like that - perhaps just a bonehead play.

I hope we can keep him personally, but if not, I sure hope giving him up as a QB gets us something special in the form of a DB.

Mosbonian
12-30-2013, 05:21 PM
An interesting question came to mind today....how many Universities have multiple former QB's from their school on rosters in the NFL now?

MU has 3 right now with Brad Smith, Chase Daniel and Blaine Gabbert. Are there any other schools that have that many?

GloryDayz
12-30-2013, 05:34 PM
An interesting question came to mind today....how many Universities have multiple former QB's from their school on rosters in the NFL now?

MU has 3 right now with Brad Smith, Chase Daniel and Blaine Gabbert. Are there any other schools that have that many?

Michigan State, Purdue, Tennessee, USC.....

But they don't credit MU with Brad Smith...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/_/position/qb
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jackson, Tarvaris Seattle Seahawks Alabama State
Foles, Nick Philadelphia Eagles Arizona
Osweiler, Brock Denver Broncos Arizona State
Mallett, Ryan New England Patriots Arkansas
Wilson, Tyler Tennessee Titans Arkansas
Campbell, Jason Cleveland Browns Auburn
Newton, Cam Carolina Panthers Auburn
Griffin III, Robert Washington Redskins Baylor
Moore, Kellen Detroit Lions Boise State
Hasselbeck, Matt Indianapolis Colts Boston
Ryan, Matt Atlanta Falcons Boston
Rodgers, Aaron Green Bay Packers California
Kitna, Jon Dallas Cowboys Central Washington
Whitehurst, Charlie San Diego Chargers Clemson
Orlovsky, Dan Tampa Bay Buccaneers Connecticut
Devlin, Pat Miami Dolphins Delaware
Flacco, Joe Baltimore Ravens Delaware
Lewis, Thad Buffalo Bills Duke
Renfree, Sean Atlanta Falcons Duke
Davis, Dominique Atlanta Falcons East Carolina
Garrard, David New York Jets East Carolina
Romo, Tony Dallas Cowboys Eastern Illinois
Grossman, Rex Washington Redskins Florida
Smith, Rusty Tennessee Titans Florida Atlantic
Manuel, EJ Buffalo Bills Florida State
Ponder, Christian Minnesota Vikings Florida State
Stafford, Matthew Detroit Lions Georgia
Fitzpatrick, Ryan Tennessee Titans Harvard
Keenum, Case Houston Texans Houston
Kolb, Kevin Buffalo Bills Houston
Stanzi, Ricky Jacksonville Jaguars Iowa
Wallace, Seneca Green Bay Packers Iowa State
Freeman, Josh Minnesota Vikings Kansas State
McCown, Luke New Orleans Saints Louisiana Tech
Flynn, Matt Green Bay Packers LSU
Hill, Shaun Detroit Lions Maryland
Dysert, Zac Denver Broncos Miami (Ohio)
Roethlisberger, Ben Pittsburgh Steelers Miami (Ohio)
Brady, Tom New England Patriots Michigan
Henne, Chad Jacksonville Jaguars Michigan
Cousins, Kirk Washington Redskins Michigan State
Hoyer, Brian Cleveland Browns Michigan State
Stanton, Drew Arizona Cardinals Michigan State
Manning, Eli New York Giants Mississippi
Daniel, Chase Kansas City Chiefs Missouri
Gabbert, Blaine Jacksonville Jaguars Missouri
Tanney, Alex Cleveland Browns Monmouth (Ill.)
Kaepernick, Colin San Francisco 49ers Nevada
Yates, T.J. Houston Texans North Carolina
Glennon, Mike Tampa Bay Buccaneers North Carolina State
Rivers, Philip San Diego Chargers North Carolina State
Clausen, Jimmy Carolina Panthers Notre Dame
Quinn, Brady St. Louis Rams Notre Dame
Pryor, Terrelle Oakland Raiders Ohio State
Bradford, Sam St. Louis Rams Oklahoma
Jones, Landry Pittsburgh Steelers Oklahoma
Robinson, Zac Cincinnati Bengals Oklahoma State
Weeden, Brandon Cleveland Browns Oklahoma State
Clemens, Kellen St. Louis Rams Oregon
Anderson, Derek Carolina Panthers Oregon State
Moore, Matt Miami Dolphins Oregon State
McGloin, Matt Oakland Raiders Penn State
Brees, Drew New Orleans Saints Purdue
Orton, Kyle Dallas Cowboys Purdue
Painter, Curtis New York Giants Purdue
McCown, Josh Chicago Bears Sam Houston State
Johnson, Josh Cincinnati Bengals San Diego
Lindley, Ryan Arizona Cardinals San Diego State
Davis, Austin St. Louis Rams Southern Mississippi
Sorensen, Brad San Diego Chargers Southern Utah
Luck, Andrew Indianapolis Colts Stanford
Nassib, Ryan New York Giants Syracuse
Bray, Tyler Kansas City Chiefs Tennessee
Manning, Peyton Denver Broncos Tennessee
Simms, Matt New York Jets Tennessee
McCoy, Colt San Francisco 49ers Texas
Tannehill, Ryan Miami Dolphins Texas A&M
Dalton, Andy Cincinnati Bengals Texas Christian
Palmer, Jordan Chicago Bears Texas-El Paso
Gradkowski, Bruce Pittsburgh Steelers Toledo
Griffin, Ryan New Orleans Saints Tulane
Barkley, Matt Philadelphia Eagles USC
Cassel, Matt Minnesota Vikings USC
Palmer, Carson Arizona Cardinals USC
Sanchez, Mark New York Jets USC
Smith, Alex Kansas City Chiefs Utah
Cutler, Jay Chicago Bears Vanderbilt
Schaub, Matt Houston Texans Virginia
Taylor, Tyrod Baltimore Ravens Virginia Tech
Vick, Michael Philadelphia Eagles Virginia Tech
Locker, Jake Tennessee Titans Washington
Tuel, Jeff Buffalo Bills Washington State
Smith, Geno New York Jets West Virginia
Tolzien, Scott Green Bay Packers Wisconsin
Wilson, Russell Seattle Seahawks Wisconsin

BWillie
12-30-2013, 06:40 PM
The day Chase Daniel is the starting QB of the Kansas City Chiefs is the day I become a Bears/Cowboy/Viking/Rams fan. Haven't decided yet. Gotta keep a back up plan if that short Mutard fack ever is the leader of my coveted Chiefs.

Bl00dyBizkitz
12-30-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm still not convinced of Daniel. I'm not going to forget he threw for 0/4 and 1 INT in Redskins for the short time he played. This is a great turnaround, but the inconsistency bothers me.

GloryDayz
12-30-2013, 07:49 PM
The day Chase Daniel is the starting QB of the Kansas City Chiefs is the day I become a Bears/Cowboy/Viking/Rams fan. Haven't decided yet. Gotta keep a back up plan if that short Mutard fack ever is the leader of my coveted Chiefs.

OK, BWillie's in with a vote of no-confidence (I think).

KcMizzou
12-30-2013, 08:01 PM
The day Chase Daniel is the starting QB of the Kansas City Chiefs is the day I become a Bears/Cowboy/Viking/Rams fan. Haven't decided yet. Gotta keep a back up plan if that short Mutard fack ever is the leader of my coveted Chiefs.I don't think anyone wants Chase Daniel to be the QBOTF for the Chiefs.

But really, if it were to happen, you'd be a huge loss.

;)

Mosbonian
12-30-2013, 08:39 PM
I don't think anyone wants Chase Daniel to be the QBOTF for the Chiefs.

But really, if it were to happen, you'd be a huge loss.

;)

You are correct....no on here is calling for Daniel to be the starting QB, but it's nice to see he can play well in a back up role.

But you don't know how tempting it is to wish for Daniel to be a starter just to see if some people really would leave or are just using hyperbole.....i.e. are just FOS.

Simplicity
12-30-2013, 08:44 PM
Is he straight?

kepp
12-30-2013, 08:52 PM
OK, BWillie's in with a vote of no-confidence (I think).

Actually, I think he's in with a vote of ku butthurt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
12-30-2013, 08:58 PM

:spock: Sure

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/tumblr_inline_mr2emdbN4P1qz4rgp.jpg

What's Croyle doing these days, selling cars? At least glass boy's wife is hot.

Ultra Peanut
12-30-2013, 09:47 PM

In my opinion Croyle should still be a Chief and if he wasn't starting, he would have definitely impressed in this outing! He would have won the game.Never stop.