PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Not sure how to feel after today

tooge
12-29-2013, 07:35 PM
While I think San Diego making the playoffs ups our chances of making a run in the playoffs, I just coulnt root against our backups. Then to see Succup put it in the refs hands and have the refs give it to the chargers left me bummin. I'm glad the starters got a week to heal/re energize though.
I'm hoping the coaches see that Parker is a player, as is Powe, Kush, and a few other.
Now lets go kick some colt ass!

Easy 6
12-29-2013, 07:45 PM
For all intents and purposes, i feel like we beat their starters with our second and third string, in their house.

We're a deeper team than i thought, feeling pretty good about next week.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-29-2013, 07:49 PM
The backups had a chance to beat another teams starters.

or

give a playoff team all they could handle.

Succop made that decision for them

chiefsfan987
12-29-2013, 07:51 PM
I went in expecting we were going to lose so I am not dissappointed in anything except that I'm now worried about our kicker. The last thing we need is for him to be questioning himself going into the playoffs. Game on the line and he misses. Not good at all.

TEX
12-29-2013, 07:53 PM
For all intents and purposes, i feel like we beat their starters with our second and third string, in their house.

We're a deeper team than i thought, feeling pretty good about next week.

Id feel better if we had a reliable kicker heading into the playoffs.

TEX
12-29-2013, 07:54 PM
I went in expecting we were going to lose so I am not dissappointed in anything except that I'm now worried about our kicker. The last thing we need is for him to be questioning himself going into the playoffs. Game on the line and he misses. Not good at all.

Exactly the case.

Buehler445
12-29-2013, 07:56 PM
I hate the Steelers so that is pretty sweet.

It took 5 quarters for SD starters to beat our #2. That's the way I see it.

keg in kc
12-29-2013, 07:57 PM
I thought we'd get blown out, so I was encouraged by the overall play, but it doesn't make the loss any less frustrating.

Easy 6
12-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Id feel better if we had a reliable kicker heading into the playoffs.

Lets just whip their ass so bad we never need him.

Fat Elvis
12-29-2013, 08:00 PM
I hate the Steelers so that is pretty sweet.

It took 5 quarters for the refs to hand the game to the SD starters to beat our #2. That's the way I see it.

FYP

And yeah, screw the Stoolers.

Coach
12-29-2013, 08:01 PM
This is how I feel.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>RT if this is how you feel right now <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NFL&amp;src=hash">#NFL</a> <a href="http://t.co/djSjZTVhJc">pic.twitter.com/djSjZTVhJc</a></p>&mdash; Hip Hop Fiend (@HipHopFiend) <a href="https://twitter.com/HipHopFiend/statuses/417465964096417792">December 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PhillyChiefFan
12-29-2013, 08:03 PM

Yep. Agreed

Chiefshrink
12-29-2013, 08:06 PM
I thought we'd get blown out, so I was encouraged by the overall play, but it doesn't make the loss any less frustrating.

This !!

But I also put it into proper context as well in another thread:

and SD's O-line is mediocre at best, psychologically for SD they must fight 'their subconscious' today because they know they are not facing KC's best therefore they play down to the competition across from them even though it means 'all the cards'(getting into the playoffs) and subsequently for the Chiefs 2nd stringers they have all the motivation and inspiration to play out their asses today because they know they are playing for future contracts with either the Chiefs or some other teams.

You would think but you and I come from a very different era. My friend, we live in a very decadent society where professional athletes get their millions of $$ whether they win or lose and makes it much more difficult to keep that intensity level to win at all costs because integrity and character are running very low in our culture which means the integrity and intensity of the players ain't always their to win. And you just watched SD do it today against our 2nd stringers both on offense and defense. Hey, when DMC is effective and Chase Daniels is not laughed out of the stadium(of which he finally showed his true colors on that last play) you gotta wonder about the other team's intensity level.

If Succopp doesn't shit his pants with that easy ass 'extra point type' of FG then there isn't any doubt whatsoever of which I say there is still no doubt they played down to our 2nd stringers.

What you saw today the difference between Denver and SD. Manning took care of business as he should have and so should SD against our mostly 2nd stringers and won big but in reality should have lost, but got lucky.

Discuss Thrower
12-29-2013, 08:13 PM
With the fact the Bolts came back from being beaten by backups, the beneficiary of a non-call blatant penalty, a "rare" missed kick from an "elite" kicker combined with the fact the have the Eagles/Redskins anti-curse going for them, I'd say they have a better chance of making the superbowl than any team in the AFC.

Prison Bitch
12-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Don't feel any differently than I did all week long which is: We're not winning in Indy anyway.

Discuss Thrower
12-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Don't feel any differently than I did all week long which is: We're not winning in Indy anyway.

With Alex Smith at quarterback and the talented secondary comprised of greats like Kendrick Lewis and Sean Smith how could they lose?

Gadzooks
12-29-2013, 08:20 PM
This !!

What you saw today the difference between Denver and SD. Manning took care of business as he should have and so should SD against our mostly 2nd stringers and won big but in reality should have lost, but got lucky.

The cHargers have won against the Donks and Chiefs in their houses. The Chargers performance today is inexpiable.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-29-2013, 08:22 PM
I know after this game that someone needs to "Tonya Harding" Kendrick Lewis sooner rather than later.