PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Things The Chiefs NEED to do to Beat Indy

BossChief
12-30-2013, 08:59 PM
1) Bench Lewis. With him out there, we don't have a chance. I thought Abdullah played quite well against SD. I think they need to drop Berry into center field more often in this one because we are gonna need to try and take the ball away.

2) Call lots of play action, intermediate passes and bootlegs early on in the game to get them all lubed up for Charles to rape them on the ground.

3) Double team Mathis all game. Make somebody else beat a single block to disrupt our passing game.

4) Get Jamaal the ball at least 30 times. I don't want to hear any excuses Saturday night about how we lost by not getting our best player the ball enough.

5) Be imaginative with our blitzes like we were in the first half of the year. We will need to force Luck to throw before he wants to and not let plays develop if we want to have a chance. The defense needs to get home for us to win. No doubt about it.

6) Alex Smith needs to play at a franchise quarterback level to match Andrew Luck. When they score, we need to match them. Our defense should be able to limit Indy, but our offense needs to steps up and score at least 20 if we are gonna have a shot at coming out with a win.

7) Bowe NEEDS to play like the guy we paid TOP DOLLAR for. His effort needs to improve and he may have a chance at a big game if Vontae Davis is out.

8) The OL needs to play their best ball. Alex/the receivers are gonna need time and Jamaal will need holes and second level locks for us to kick these guys asses.

9) Did I mention they need to bench Lewis?

10) We will need to take advantage of every opportunity we get. When Alex gets the ball downfield, we need to secure the catch (I'm looking at you, Avery) ...when Luck throws a bad pass, we need to intercept it and take it to the house. If thy fumble, we need to recover. The margin of victory isn't gonna be more than a couple plays.

If we take care of business on more than half of these, we will have a damn good chance at advancing.

Simplicity
12-30-2013, 09:01 PM
Board the plane.

Bwana
12-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Score more points than Indy?

Fritz88
12-30-2013, 09:05 PM
We need big plays from special teams. They will be the xfactor.

Cannibal
12-30-2013, 09:05 PM
God, Bowe and Avery had better hang onto the damn ball. We can't have those crucial drive killing drops they are prone to do.

Cannibal
12-30-2013, 09:06 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/791/727/107886718_display_image.jpg?1300221761

Direckshun
12-30-2013, 09:07 PM
1. Don't drop passes.

2. Stop Donald Brown.

3. Don't drop passes.

4. Stop Donald Brown.

5. Stop Donald Brown.

6. Don't drop passes.

Chiefs=Champions
12-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Score more points then the other team. Lelelel

TribalElder
12-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Score the more points than Indy :shrug:

Chiefs=Champions
12-30-2013, 09:10 PM

:cuss:

BossChief
12-30-2013, 09:10 PM
God, Bowe and Avery had better hang onto the damn ball. We can't have those crucial drive killing drops they are prone to do.

Totally agree.

I'd also like to add that we can't afford a few false start penalties, either.

Or a missed field goal from a makable distance after a good drive.

Or a pass interference penalty at a crucial time.

Those are things that could deflate the team in the type of environment they will be in on Saturday.

Dayze
12-30-2013, 09:11 PM
sneak 3 other guys onto the field on defense to help Cooper.

Cannibal
Totally agree.

Those are things that could deflate the team in the type of environment they will be in on Saturday.

Agreed. Our offense, while explosive at times is too inconsistent to be able to withstand a lot of mistakes.

wink91wink
We should put sticky glue on the bench and make sure Kendrick Lewis sits on it

Dayze
12-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Tell Lewis the flight leaves at 4pm on Satruday.

RealSNR
12-30-2013, 09:16 PM
We're not benching Lewis. Didn't you hear? He's the QB of the defense or some shit like that.

New World Order
12-30-2013, 09:16 PM
PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSHPASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSHPASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSHPASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSHPASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH

If we don't get pressure on the qb our secondary will get eaten alive.

BossChief
12-30-2013, 09:17 PM
Honestly...I think that we have a better than 50/50 shot at a win in Lewis doesn't play as much as usual.

It's like playing with 10 defenders when he is out there.

tk13
Rush the passer.

Rush the passer.

Rush the passer.

And rush the passer.

Titty Meat
We need to move berry who's a 3 time pro bowler and the best at his position in the league ?

BossChief
12-30-2013, 09:19 PM
We need to move berry who's a 3 time pro bowler and the best at his position in the league ?

I don't have a problem with him n the role he s in, but we need to make some kind of adjustment if we are gonna take away their speed at receiver and tight end.

Imon Yourside
12-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Score points in excess of those scored by one team called the Colts.

ie http://media2.kshb.com//photo/2012/10/25/Picture-1-0_20121025161204_320_240.GIF

tk13
12-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Score points in excess of those scored by one team called the Colts.

I think one of the big keys to this game is scoring more points than the Colts. If we do that, we have a great chance to win.

Titty Meat
12-30-2013, 09:24 PM
I don't have a problem with him n the role he s in, but we need to make some kind of adjustment if we are gonna take away their speed at receiver and tight end.

I would have liked to see Ron Parker get some lools at safety. Hes made plays wherever he's at on the field.

FloridaMan88
12-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Chiefs need to avoid shitting in their pants early in the game.

Last few times the Chiefs have been in the playoffs (2003, 2006 and 2010) they have looked extremely nervous to start the game and it showed with dropped passes, missed chip shot FG's (Tynes missing a 23 yard FG early in the Indy game during the 2006 playoffs), etc.

chiefs1111
12-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Moar Flea Flickers

Imon Yourside
12-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Fake punts and Onside Kicks.

Chiefnj2
12-30-2013, 09:31 PM
They should probably hold back and not show their cards because there is a chance they will play Indy in the AFC championship game next year.

Aries Walker
12-30-2013, 09:32 PM
And keep The Kicker Who Must Not Be Named the hell away.

J Diddy
12-30-2013, 09:32 PM

Dude...God is playing receiver for us this Sunday?

WE WILL WIN!

Imon Yourside
12-30-2013, 09:33 PM

Yan Stenerud will be at the game?

BossChief
12-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Chiefs need to avoid shitting in their pants early in the game.

Last few times the Chiefs have been in the playoffs (2003, 2006 and 2010) they have looked extremely nervous to start the game and it showed with dropped passes, missed chip shot FG's (Tynes missing a 23 yard FG early in the Indy game during the 2006 playoffs), etc.

I will always think that if Tynes hits the field goal after Ty Law intercepted that early pass, the outcome might have been very different. That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. If we are lucky enough to force an early mistake, we need to make them pay so it gives us energy, not take it away.

We need to play this game at a high level, across the board.

BossChief
12-30-2013, 09:37 PM
I would have liked to see Ron Parker get some lools at safety. Hes made plays wherever he's at on the field.

I hate Dunta Robinson, but I'd MUCH rather see him back there than Lewis. He can't cover, either...but at least he can hit.

I seriously think Lewis s gonna lose this one for us.

Cornstock
12-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Know a big reason why our subs were able to play with SD? IIRC they had no penalties in the first half and something like 2 in the second. It was like watching a whole new team without Branden Albert false-starting all over the place. The first team has really been killing any momentum we've had during these games we've lost with ridiculous penalties. Enough with the false starts on 3rd and 3. Enough with the defensive holding when we've got them at 3rd and 11.

For wanting the type of money he does, Albert I'm pretty sure has the most false starts of anyone on the team. These are junior high fundamentals. On the other hand, I can understand getting a few illegal contacts/def holding when you're playing a team with good WRs like Denver, especially early when you're trying to set a tone. My guess is that we will lose this game if we have 50+ yards in penalties.

MahiMike
12-30-2013, 09:46 PM
11. Double team T.Y. Hilton. He looked like Reggie Wayne vs. the Jags

TimeForWasp
12-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Need to learn how to tackle.

Hoopsdoc
12-30-2013, 10:13 PM

Mike Vanderjagt?

Lin Elliot?

Help me out here.......

Hoopsdoc
12-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Mike Vanderjagt?

the kicker that shall go unnamed?

Help me out here.......

Ha ha ha, L i n E l l i o t spells out as the kicker who shall go unnamed.

That's freakin awesome.

ROFLROFLROFL

RINGLEADER
12-30-2013, 10:18 PM
If we don't turn the ball over 4 times and give them 17 points off those turnovers I think we win.

That said, I agree about Lewis. All jokes aside, he doesn't play smart football.

We need to pressure Luck. We do and we win.

Agree about Charles and play-action. Do it and we win.

BossChief
12-30-2013, 10:18 PM
I bet a significant amount of their gameplan is gonna be trying to get Hilton into the areas Kendrick Lewis is walking around in.

The Franchise
12-30-2013, 10:19 PM
Know a big reason why our subs were able to play with SD? IIRC they had no penalties in the first half and something like 2 in the second. It was like watching a whole new team without Branden Albert false-starting all over the place. The first team has really been killing any momentum we've had during these games we've lost with ridiculous penalties. Enough with the false starts on 3rd and 3. Enough with the defensive holding when we've got them at 3rd and 11.

For wanting the type of money he does, Albert I'm pretty sure has the most false starts of anyone on the team. These are junior high fundamentals. On the other hand, I can understand getting a few illegal contacts/def holding when you're playing a team with good WRs like Denver, especially early when you're trying to set a tone. My guess is that we will lose this game if we have 50+ yards in penalties.

Yep....it's all Albert's fault. Did he fuck your Mom?

Cannibal
12-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Dude...God is playing receiver for us this Sunday?

WE WILL WIN!

Hah.

BigRedChief
12-30-2013, 10:26 PM
First play should be a fake screen to Charles with a double move by a WR for a TD.

Fat Elvis
12-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Ha ha ha, L i n E l l i o t spells out as the kicker who shall go unnamed.

That's freakin awesome.

ROFLROFLROFL

You know, filter evasion is a bannable offense here....

TEX
12-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Succop needs to be on target. The Chiefs can't afford a miss.

TEX
12-30-2013, 10:30 PM
First play should be a fake screen to Charles with a double move by a WR for a TD.

This.

Cornstock
12-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Yep....it's all Albert's fault. Did he **** your Mom?

Albert's the high profile one considering his contract situation, but I don't think anyone is exempt from committing the dumb penalties this year

Fritz88
12-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Indy does not make many mistakes and TO. It will be hard to force mistakes.

We need good punt returns and hope our offense can score more than once. They totally implored after that first drive in the last game at ArrowHead.
Posted via Mobile Device

tooge
12-30-2013, 10:39 PM
Double cover Lucks two reads/ two best receivers like we did against Rivers. That extra second it takes to find the third option caused Phyllis a lot if off balance throws

Buzz
12-30-2013, 10:43 PM
How about show up this time, if the starters tank, put in 2nd string. Better yet, show us the genius and rotate players keeping them fresh and blow these suckers out before halftime.

Chiefaholic
12-30-2013, 10:57 PM
1. First, we HAVE to establish a strong running attack. This will keep the ball in our best playmakers hands, keep Andrew Luck on the sideline, an keep the defense fresh.

2. Avery and Bowe need to leave their alligator arms at home and catch balls that hit their hands. We don't have the best QB in the playoffs, so don't make his job harder thanit needs to be.

3. Keep Fasano on the same side of the field that Mathis is on to help block and open holes for the running game. I'd have at least one TE on the field for every offensive snap.

4. Alex Smith can't play "not to lose". He's going against a young, but very accurate QB with future HOF potential. When his WR's aren't open, run the ball and get any positive yards you can. Early in the season, Alex scrambled quite a bit. He needs to do it again this week.

5. Don't match Cooper up with a burner. He's not fast enough to keep up and Lewis/Abdullah need to cover his man over the top.

6. Lewis needs to play his best game of the season. This one guy can literally screw it up for everybody. Take good angles and FOR CHRIST SAKE wrap up your opponent and drive your shoulder into his chest. No more of this p**** tapping the guy and hoping he falls down.

7. POWE needs to give Poe a few breathers to keep Beast Mode fresh in the 4th quarter.

8. And BOB SUTTON.... I BEG YOU.... go back to the attacking blitze style defense you used early in the season and overload the gaps. Hit Luck and hit him often. Start early in the game to take his confidence away from deep passes downfield. Then in the second half, MAKE THE NECESSARY DEFENSIVE ADJUSTMENTS to patch any leaks they found in our defensive scheme.

BigRedChief
12-30-2013, 11:00 PM
How about show up this time,.I think being in the playoffs should get them "to show up".

Buzz
12-30-2013, 11:04 PM
I think being in the playoffs should get them "to show up".

Hope so, we made it this far, I want the Super Bowl. Flame away

Chiefaholic
12-30-2013, 11:05 PM
This team CAN beat Indi, and I feel pretty confident our 20 year playoff win drought will end this year.

Strongside
12-30-2013, 11:07 PM
11)

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/luck-hit-10-7-121.gif

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Doubling Mathis will be okay. Or we can admit we way, way, way overrated Donald Stephenson who got destroyed all game long. Branden Albert alone will help a lot.

tecumseh
12-30-2013, 11:13 PM
11)

Game.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Coaches bring in motivational speakers for the big games.
Billy Bob Cooter?

BossChief
12-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Doubling Mathis will be okay. Or we can admit we way, way, way overrated Donald Stephenson who got destroyed all game long. Branden Albert alone will help a lot.

Mathis is probably a dmvp candidate

A Salt Weapon
12-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Has anyone mentioned that if we score more points than them we'll win?
I think that's what we should do.

Hoopsdoc
12-30-2013, 11:44 PM
11)

I'm still amazed he got up from that hit. Not only did he get up, he congratulated Perry on a great hit and kept on playing until he brought us from behind to win.

Say what you will about Luck, he's a tough sob.

TomBarndtsTwin
12-30-2013, 11:45 PM
How about not turn the ball over 4 times.

And try actually tackling them when they get into the secondary. (Yes, I'm talking to you Kendrick)

Indy's a good team, but this is a very winnable game for the Chiefs.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-30-2013, 11:50 PM
During the Chargers game they kept saying the CHiefs rested their starters other than Sherman and Fisher.

There was a lot of Lewis out there...

Wallcrawler
12-31-2013, 02:41 AM
1. 30 touches by Jamaal Charles, and at least 25 better be rushes.

2. Berry has to play safety and not linebacker. Lewis cannot be the one guy between them and the endzone. I know we love to play Berry down in the box, but it absolutely kills us in the secondary if there's no pressure.

3. No fucking stupid-assed, hair brained fucking bullshit calls from Andy "PASSES GUYS MKAY!!! Reid. If its 3rd and 1-2, get the fucking football to Jamaal Charles, or prepare to face unholy fury for your stupidity when Alex's 15 yard pass attempt sails over the head of one of our gator armed receivers, or his unbelievably predictable quick slant is batted at the line, or Charles/Davis is destroyed in the backfield on some stupidass swing/flare pass. Don't get fucking cute. Just get the fucking first down and stay on the fucking field.

I don't want to fucking hear "I didn't put our guys in position to make plays" for what, the 15th time this season. Figure it the fuck out Andy. Patience for your bullshit playcalling is dwindling.

4. No turnovers. Had four last time out, most of them fumbles. Secure the ball, and don't press.

5. Convert all FG attempts.

This is a winnable game. We should rip the Colts fans hearts out and cleat stomp them in their own house this weekend. Anything less is inexcusable. Yes, we were 2-14 last year. Different team this year. We didn't eek into the playoffs, we earned that shit and still nearly KO'd the Chargers with our JV squad. This team should win on the road at Indy. We've only legitimately lost ONE game on the road, and that was at Denver. 7-1 on the road. Perfect conditions, starters rested, big guys coming back, anything less than a victory is not acceptable.

Easy 6
12-31-2013, 02:43 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/791/727/107886718_display_image.jpg?1300221761

DAMMIT DWAYNE

Easy 6
12-31-2013, 02:49 AM

Berry at FS, Abdullah or Robinson in strong... use our weakness as a strength.

Berry can do it all, but with this current group he needs to hawk while Abby or Rob clean up inside... play. to. our. strengths.

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2013, 05:15 AM
The Offense must play a flawless game, it's as simple as that due to Alex's capabilities and weaknesses.

crossbow
12-31-2013, 09:07 AM
Don't be so predictable on offense. Instead of 30 screen plays and 15 runs to the left, why not call 25 screen plays and 20 runs to the left just to keep them guessing. Oh, and throw 1 pass and run 1 time to the right. No more then that because it gets too complicated.

rad
12-31-2013, 09:41 AM
Will Justin Houston be back?

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2013, 09:46 AM
1. Flip the switch.

Beef Supreme
12-31-2013, 11:34 AM
Play good football.

Psyko Tek
12-31-2013, 11:46 AM
Totally agree.

the refs will call those when they need to...

Mr. Arrowhead
12-31-2013, 11:53 AM
you forgot to mention we need to bench Lewis

TEX
12-31-2013, 12:38 PM
the refs will call those when they need to...

This. The Manning / Luck rematch in the playoffs is just too BIG for it not to happen.

O.city
12-31-2013, 01:15 PM
Throw the ball on first down

J Diddy
12-31-2013, 01:21 PM
I think that if we can score more points than they do, we have a pretty good shot at winning.

Hoopsdoc
12-31-2013, 01:25 PM
This. The Manning / Luck rematch in the playoffs is just too BIG for it not to happen.

I hope you're right. I see this game as a toss up. The Chiefs won't play as bad as they did 2 weeks ago, I'm certain of that.

jettio
12-31-2013, 02:18 PM
I will always think that if Tynes hits the field goal after Ty Law intercepted that early pass, the outcome might have been very different. That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. If we are lucky enough to force an early mistake, we need to make them pay so it gives us energy, not take it away.

We need to play this game at a high level, across the board.

in 2006, Herm Edwards and Mike Solari did not have the offense prepared to play in a loud indoor stadium. Even if Tynes makes that FG, that game was lost before it started because the offense had not been coached and drilled well on how to play when the crowd is too loud to call normal cadence.

wazu
12-31-2013, 02:36 PM
You had me at "Bench Lewis".

O.city
12-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Score more points?

wazu
12-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Score more points?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Major burn.

Dayze
12-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Throw the ball on first down

yes please.

Simply Red
12-31-2013, 03:34 PM
We should put sticky glue on the bench and make sure Kendrick Lewis sits on it

amazing avatar there.

Micjones
12-31-2013, 05:58 PM
The Chiefs need to keep that Indy pass rush in check so they can't crowd the LoS and limit Jamaal Charles. Misdirection plays, screens, and finally that offensive look with both Davis and Charles in the backfield.

Wallcrawler
12-31-2013, 06:30 PM
I think that if we can score more points than they do, we have a pretty good shot at winning.

One of John Madden's numerous mults here.

tredadda
12-31-2013, 07:50 PM
1. Not turn it over four times would be a good start

2. Playing to win the game would also be a good addition

durtyrute
12-31-2013, 08:35 PM
Whats a bigger draw, Luck and Manning or Brady and Manning. If it is Brady, we win then lose against the Pats, if it is Luck then we lose then Cincy wins and it's Brady and Manning one last time.

BIG K
12-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Rotating in some backup defensive guys might help....they proved their worth Sunday...Be nice if the starters could stay fresh all game by subbing ONCE in a game....Grrr...

milkman
01-01-2014, 05:50 AM
You know, filter evasion is a bannable offense here....

That shit was stupid from the start.
This is just piling stupidity on top.
But, go ahead, enjoy your stupidity.

Rausch
01-01-2014, 05:53 AM
That shit was stupid from the start.
This is just piling stupidity on top.
But, go ahead, enjoy your stupidity.

I'd love to argue but there's a point...

milkman
01-01-2014, 05:54 AM
Rotating in some backup defensive guys might help....they proved their worth Sunday...Be nice if the starters could stay fresh all game by subbing ONCE in a game....Grrr...

This is key.

And how about we get Poe and Powe on the field at the same time for a few snaps.

Rausch
01-01-2014, 06:02 AM
Solid play calling.

Solid QB play.

No turnovers on offense.

The defense returning to 3 sacks and at least 2 turnovers...

Simply Red
01-01-2014, 07:17 AM
1. Don't drop passes.

2. Stop Donald Brown.

3. Don't drop passes.

4. Stop Donald Brown.

5. Stop Donald Brown.

6. Don't drop passes.

This + OP Content = success.

gosampel
01-01-2014, 07:42 AM

Dito

KCFaninSEA
01-01-2014, 11:53 AM
I can't believe that Abdullah is so bad that he can't get on the field ahead of Lewis.

Easy 6
01-01-2014, 01:13 PM
I can't believe that Abdullah is so bad that he can't get on the field ahead of Lewis.

Ditto, he's a good hitter, they need to bring him down in the box where his lack of speed isn't so easily exploited and let Berry hawk around deep.

a pp roach
01-01-2014, 01:25 PM
you know what though?

cuck the folts!!

dannybcaitlyn
01-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Hopefully Big Cat is activated for the game.

Strongside
01-01-2014, 01:46 PM
11) Tell Kendrick Lewis that the plane is leaving an hour later than it actually is.

Inspector
01-01-2014, 01:47 PM

I think this is a great tactic and gives us our best chance.

BossChief
01-01-2014, 02:01 PM
This is key.

And how about we get Poe and Powe on the field at the same time for a few snaps.

You know how a lot of the chatter about our DL is that they don't offer a lot in terms of pass rush?

Bailey LDE
Powe NT. (my preference was to keep Dorsey and use him as a 3-4 one gap nose, as I've been saying for years. You remember my Wade Phillips talk. SF agreed)
Poe RDE

That group would be able to get pressure on quarterbacks with minimal blitzing, IMO.

Want to stop the run?

Jackson LDE
Poe NT
Devito RDE

BossChief
01-01-2014, 02:03 PM
11) Tell Kendrick Lewis that the plane is leaving an hour later than it actually is.

Can we take a collection to "Tonya Harding" him?

Maybe Joey would set a bag of weed on his porch and call the cops...if he could come back to CP.

milkman
01-01-2014, 03:17 PM
You know how a lot of the chatter about our DL is that they don't offer a lot in terms of pass rush?

Bailey LDE
Powe NT. (my preference was to keep Dorsey and use him as a 3-4 one gap nose, as I've been saying for years. You remember my Wade Phillips talk. SF agreed)
Poe RDE
L
That group would be able to get pressure on quarterbacks with minimal blitzing, IMO.

Want to stop the run?

Jackson LDE
Poe NT
Devito RDE

Frankly, I saw more from Powe, Howard, Bailey and Catapano in one game than I've seen Jackson in 4 years.
Jackson has been solid.
But he has never been more than that.
Those guys all showed flashes of disruptive ability.
Powe was dominating.

FloridaMan88
01-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Chiefs are just 12/25 making FG's in the postseason since their last Super Bowl win in 1969 and 3/9 making FG's since their last playoff win.

How the hell is that possible?

That is evidence of a curse.

Easy 6
01-01-2014, 03:27 PM
I could certainly get behind Poe at end, with Powe at NT.

Take Jackson out for Bailey or Cat on obvious passing downs, or better yet relegate Jackson to depth and start DeVito... talk about a run stuffing wall.

Fat chance of getting much against those three.

R8RFAN
01-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Loan New England your Uniforms and let them play the game for you.

chiefzilla1501
01-01-2014, 03:33 PM
I could certainly get behind Poe at end, with Powe at NT.

Take Jackson out for Bailey or Cat on obvious passing downs, or better yet relegate Jackson to depth and start DeVito... talk about a run stuffing wall.

Fat chance of getting much against those three.

I guess I'm not crazy about this. Poe is going to be a real special player. And if that guy can dominate at the nose, that's where I want him. Powe needs more rotational snaps. Bailey should play a very healthy amount of rotations. We need to have at least one end at all times with some ability to rush the passer.

TLO
01-01-2014, 03:33 PM
I think we'll see the benifit of resting the starters last week show up on defense early and often.

BossChief
01-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Frankly, I saw more from Powe, Howard, Bailey and Catapano in one game than I've seen Jackson in 4 years.
Jackson has been solid.
But he has never been more than that.
Those guys all showed flashes of disruptive ability.
Powe was dominating.I agree.

A few weeks ago, I thought re-signing Tyson this offseason was almost mandatory...now, I think we can let him walk and possibly improve at the position. If he is brought back, it shouldn't be as a starter.

Chiefs are just 12/25 making FG's in the postseason since their last Super Bowl win in 1969 and 3/9 making FG's since their last playoff win.

How the hell is that possible?

That is evidence of a curse.
Wow.

Easy 6
01-01-2014, 03:45 PM
I guess I'm not crazy about this. Poe is going to be a real special player. And if that guy can dominate at the nose, that's where I want him. Powe needs more rotational snaps. Bailey should play a very healthy amount of rotations. We need to have at least one end at all times with some ability to rush the passer.

It could even just be a situational package, it doesn't have to be the new standard... some team starts ramming the ball down our throats, switch up to this.

It wouldn't hurt Poe to move him once in a while imo, he's a special talent, Ngata played end for a year or two and it didn't hurt him when he switched back to NT.

Guess i just really like the idea of having two guys up there who can take up four blockers more often than not, that math appeals to me.

milkman
01-01-2014, 03:50 PM

Every time I've watched Powe at the nose, I've seen him get penetration and push the pocket.
Poe at end could be as disruptive and dominating as Bruce Smith.
That line could rape.

BossChief
01-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Every time I've watched Powe at the nose, I've seen him get penetration and push the pocket.
That line could rape.

Especially with Houston and Hali coming on the edges.

PLEASE GOD LET SUTTON USE SOME OF THESE LOOKS AGAINST INDY.

Dayze
01-01-2014, 04:06 PM
one thing that needs to happen is the team can't take 3 fucking QTrs to pull their heads out of their asses.

crossbow
01-01-2014, 04:11 PM
The Colts are going to be determined to keep Jamaal from beating them. So, use him as a decoy until they back off (play action fakes to him will draw the linebackers in to support the run which opens passes to the big receivers over the middle). When they adjust to this, Andy dials "1-800 - Jamaal up your ass" until they pile on him again. Then decoy time again. Rinse repeat, by then they will be worn out and frustrated so Jamaal will run them ragged.

chiefzilla1501
01-01-2014, 04:20 PM
That line could rape.

Worth a shot. Could be a look similar to when Rex Ryan had Ngata at end and Gregg at the nose, even though Ngata was the better of the two.

McBeard
01-03-2014, 07:30 AM
I think some are reading to much into things.

Berry is the best strong safety in the league. He is a focal point in our defense. Moving him to free safety would be like moving Charles to wide receiver. Charles might end up being our best receiver but we lose more than we gain. Teams have to game plan for Charles and Berry where they are at. When someone is the best at their position in the league why would you move them?

Lewis makes the reads in the secondary. That's why he started last week. He is terrible but they aren't going to take him out now. His role is important to that defense in this area.

Powe looked good on Sunday. H's not playing NT anymore and they moved him to DE. He looked like he's dropped weight. The back up defensive line was good at getting penetration but they got gashed pretty good in against the run. Rotating one of them in at a time might be a good idea and give people a breather but I don't see Poe coming out. He makes the defense go and has played more snaps than anyone this season. The starters are much more well rounded than the back ups. Especially at stopping the run. Indy is 9-1 when they run for 100 yards and we are 0-5 when we allow a 100 yard rusher. The starters need to play.

The key to victory is simple. We need to execute. We need to make tackles and make catches. Missed tackles and drops will kill us. Just like last time. We are the better team and we can prove it.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Loan New England your Uniforms and let them play the game for you.

HA HA GOOD JOKE.

ChiefRocka
01-03-2014, 09:20 AM
If we show up we win. We have a better team and speed in the dome.

Marcellus
01-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Moar points!

Halfcan
01-03-2014, 09:30 AM
Make our tackles-especially in the secondary which looked like a joke last game.

Bench Lewis!! He brings zero to this game.

Run the ball!

Alex needs to step up-if he shits the bed again I hope we cut his ass.

No dumb penalties that extend Indy drives-looking at you Lewis.

Poe has been quiet-time to go into Beast mode.

Hali is hurt but if he plays-stop getting pushed to the outside EVERY play.

Suckoff needs to make his FN field goals-no excuses of wind or bad field conditions this game.

They need to call an agressive game on both sides-going conservative= a loss in the playoffs.

Stop Indy's running game-force 3rd and longs all day.

Take away the swing passes and short stuff from Luck-make him go deep or hold the ball for sacks.

Stop huge yardage after the catches-make your FN tackles chiefs!!

DON'T CHOKE!!!

Halfcan
01-03-2014, 09:31 AM
I think some are reading to much into things.

Berry is the best strong safety in the league. He is a focal point in our defense. Moving him to free safety would be like moving Charles to wide receiver. Charles might end up being our best receiver but we lose more than we gain. Teams have to game plan for Charles and Berry where they are at. When someone is the best at their position in the league why would you move them?

Lewis makes the reads in the secondary. That's why he started last week. He is terrible but they aren't going to take him out now. His role is important to that defense in this area.Powe looked good on Sunday. H's not playing NT anymore and they moved him to DE. He looked like he's dropped weight. The back up defensive line was good at getting penetration but they got gashed pretty good in against the run. Rotating one of them in at a time might be a good idea and give people a breather but I don't see Poe coming out. He makes the defense go and has played more snaps than anyone this season. The starters are much more well rounded than the back ups. Especially at stopping the run. Indy is 9-1 when they run for 100 yards and we are 0-5 when we allow a 100 yard rusher. The starters need to play.

The key to victory is simple. We need to execute. We need to make tackles and make catches. Missed tackles and drops will kill us. Just like last time. We are the better team and we can prove it.

Lewis can't read shit!! He gets burned deep, he gets burned short and can't tackle in the running game! He actually helps Indy by being in there.

ChiTown
01-03-2014, 09:46 AM
IMO, the Chiefs need:

1. To be on the positive side or at least neutral on Turnovers

2. Have 135 total yards rushing

3. 2+ sacks on D - NEED PRESSURE

4. Win the TOP battle - ball control and strike when the opportunity presents itself

5. Limit Indy to under 250 passing yds - I don't believe they will effectively run on us like they did last game. You take out the 51 yd Donald Brown run and they were 26 carries for 79 yards or about 3 ypc.

GordonGekko
01-03-2014, 09:53 AM
What the Chiefs need to do:

Dominate, be the apex predator, don't play like scared pussyshit

That is all

ptlyon
01-03-2014, 10:05 AM
"Play to win the game"

Sry if repost

Halfcan
01-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Lets hope the refs don't fuck us over again. We know the NFL is great about apologizing after one of their rigged games is exposed-but I just want to see a fair game for once.

ptlyon
01-03-2014, 10:37 AM
Lets hope the refs don't **** us over again. We know the NFL is great about apologizing after one of their rigged games is exposed-but I just want to see a fair game for once.

ROFL

McBeard
01-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Another thing we have to do is weather the storm in the first quarter. We crapped our pants in the first quarter when we were at Denver. Hopefully we learned something in that one.

We need to wear the red pants. No more of the white on whites in the playoffs. That shit is bad luck.

BossChief
01-07-2014, 08:11 PM
I bet a significant amount of their gameplan is gonna be trying to get Hilton into the areas Kendrick Lewis is walking around in.

Damn.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-07-2014, 08:12 PM
11. Not blow 38-10 lead.

LOCOChief
01-07-2014, 08:55 PM
84 Deloreon + Flux capacitor + new free safety + extra time outs. get er done