PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Johnny Manziel

Pages : [1] 2

Jimmya
01-01-2014, 09:24 AM
2 years.....2 highest total offense seasons in SEC history. 9989 total yards in career (most by any player through sophomore season. 63 pass td's and 30 rush td's. Last night's game was amazing. Kiper and McShay have him in top 10 for the draft. Awesome game last night, dude never quits.

BlackHelicopters
01-01-2014, 09:26 AM
He's like good or something.

TLO
01-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Good for him.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm absolutely sick to my stomach that I didn't know they were playing last night and I'm watching sportscenter this morning and all they're talking about is the show he put on.

Manziel , the most electrifying player in college history.

God Damn I wish we had a shot at drafting him. If the Texans take him they'll go from 2-14 to SB . guaranteed !!!!!

Mr. Laz
01-01-2014, 09:31 AM
like we haven't heard enough of the media sucking Manziel's dick already

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Great college player that is going to fail miserably in the NFL, IMO. He's too small too survive running around in the NFL like he did in college and he doesn't have a good enough arm to make it as a pocket passer. I also believe his attitude will hurt him. He will not be humble enough to look at his skillset honestly and attempt to change the way he plays to adapt to the NFL. IMO, his career will look a lot like Mark Sanchez's.

MahiMike
01-01-2014, 09:34 AM
I love the kid. Reminds me of Flutie and Jeff Garcia. Shad Khan will put a lot of butts in seats with him.

Jimmya
01-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Do you guys think Texans will take Bridgewater, Clowney, or Manziel?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Great college player that is going to fail miserably in the NFL, IMO. He's too small too survive running around in the NFL like he did in college and he doesn't have a good enough arm to make it as a pocket passer. I also believe his attitude will hurt him. He will not be humble enough to look at his skillset honestly and attempt to change the way he plays to adapt to the NFL. IMO, his career will look a lot like Mark Sanchez's.

You're so wrong and he wears a size 15 shoe. He still has a growth spurt left in him. Comparing him to Sanchez is fucking retarted.

mike_b_284
01-01-2014, 09:36 AM

This

houstonwhodat
01-01-2014, 09:36 AM
I'm absolutely sick to my stomach that I didn't know they were playing last night and I'm watching sportscenter this morning and all they're talking about is the show he put on.

God Damn I wish we had a shot at drafting him. If the Texans take him they'll go from 2-14 to SB . guaranteed !!!!!

IF the Texans draft him?

They won't because they're STOOOOOOOOPPPPPID!!!!!! (see Mario Williams)

Reliant Stadium would be rocking if they drafted him.

He would make exciting play after play.

He will have to adjust to the NFL first.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2014, 09:37 AM

It's projected Clowney will go to Raiders at this time. But who knows ??? But for sure anybody passing up Manziel to take Bridgewater would show how dumb they are.

Fairplay
01-01-2014, 09:38 AM

I'd laugh if they took Clowney.

mike_b_284
01-01-2014, 09:39 AM
I don't think there is any question that H-town will take manziel

houstonwhodat
You're so wrong and he wears a size 15 shoe. He still has a growth spurt left in him. Comparing him to Sanchez is ****ing retarted.

He will quiet his critics.

P.S. Don't look now but Drew Brees is only 5.10

Jimmya
I agree...I would not take Clowney because of what happened with Mario Williams. I really like Bridgewater but you are correct, Reliant would be rocking every game with Johnny Football.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2014, 09:40 AM

Johnny's 6'. His dad is 6'2"

Johnnys hands are big enough to palm a watermelon.

jspchief
01-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Won't be a top 5 pick

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Won't be a top 5 pick

Won't drop past Cleveland.

mike_b_284
01-01-2014, 09:45 AM

Brees ran for 52 yards this season. Manziel will run 52 yards a game, that is a lot of opportunity to get rocked by enormous full-grown men, instead of 18-21 yr old kids.

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 09:46 AM
You're so wrong and he wears a size 15 shoe. He still has a growth spurt left in him. Comparing him to Sanchez is ****ing retarted.

Hog Farmer, you need to watch the game from last night and watch it without Manziel's balls in your face. Almost every big play he made involved him running around and then passing to a receiver who had finally broke free or him simply running the ball. That will not work for him in the NFL. Defenders are too fast and he will end up getting hurt. Look at Kaepernick and Newton as examples. As soon as the NFL slowed down their ability to run the ball, they had to adjust to throwing the ball more from the pocket. Kaepernick still hasn't figured out how to be a successful QB from the pocket and it took Newton a full season to adapt his game. The major difference between Kaepernick and Newton to Manziel is that they both have NFL arms and Manziel doesn't.

Jimmya
01-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Kiper has Manziel as 3rd best. Bridgewater #1, Boyd from Clemson #2, Mariota #4, McCarron from Bama #5

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 09:48 AM

Brees has a far superior arm than Manziel and is one of the smartest QBs in the league.

mike_b_284
01-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Kiper has Manziel as 3rd best. Bridgewater #1, Boyd from Clemson #2, Mariota #4, McCarron from Bama #5

I think houston is likely to take him to excite the fanbase as much as anything else. People down here are mostly all johnny f homers. (houston whodat, et al.)

mike_b_284
01-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Hog Farmer, you need to watch the game from last night and watch it without Manziel's balls in your face. Almost every big play he made involved him running around and then passing to a receiver who had finally broke free or him simply running the ball. That will not work for him in the NFL. Defenders are too fast and he will end up getting hurt. Look at Kaepernick and Newton as examples. As soon as the NFL slowed down their ability to run the ball, they had to adjust to throwing the ball more from the pocket. Kaepernick still hasn't figured out how to be a successful QB from the pocket and it took Newton a full season to adapt his game. The major difference between Kaepernick and Newton to Manziel is that they both have NFL arms and Manziel doesn't.

I like when people type exactly what I'm thinking. It takes way less effort.

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 09:54 AM
I think houston is likely to take him to excite the fanbase as much as anything else. People down here are mostly all johnny f homers. (houston whodat, et al.)

If Bridgewater and Manziel were equal prospects, I'd say Houston would take Manziel. The fact is that Bridgewater is the better prospect and teams don't select lesser players, especially at the QB position, for the sole purpose of exciting the fan base. If that were the case, Tebow would have been drafted by Jacksonville. Owners will always choose a chance at long term success over short term hype.

Red Dawg
01-01-2014, 10:00 AM

Brees is six feet tall. Wilson is 5'11".

ntexascardfan
01-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Manziel improvises too much to succeed in the NFL.

TEX
01-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Manziel improvises too much to succeed in the NFL.

ROFL You mean like Johnny U, Favre, Elway & Tarkington and a HOST of other very successful NFL QB's??? The dude has "IT" like ALL winners do.

TEX
01-01-2014, 10:17 AM

I wouldnt bet on it. Remember, the Texans passed on VY when in this same situation.

ntexascardfan
01-01-2014, 10:24 AM
ROFL You mean like Johnny U, Favre, Elway & Tarkington and a HOST of other very successful NFL QB's??? The dude has "IT" like ALL winners do.

What exactly did Johnny Football win?

Fourth place in the SEC West? Do they give out trophies for that?

Eleazar
01-01-2014, 10:27 AM
IF the Texans draft him?

Yeah. They really should have taken Reggie Bush or Vince Young instead.

Simply Red
01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
I agree...I would not take Clowney because of what happened with Mario Williams. I really like Bridgewater but you are correct, Reliant would be rocking every game with Johnny Football.

BTW what DID happen to Mario Williams?

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 10:31 AM

Tell me how many Super Bowls Tarkington, Elway, and Favre won being run around scrambling QBs. Elway and Favre won by throwing from the pocket. Not to mention that Elway and Favre had twice the arm Manziel does.

You know who else had "IT" in college football? Tim Tebow. I hope Johnny Football was a communications major so he will be prepared for his ESPN career.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2014, 10:37 AM

I hear exactly what you're saying. The thing is that there is nobody you can compare Manziel to. He is a different breed of cat. He has natural instincts never seen in the NFL. And I would have to argue that he doesn't have an NFL arm. Kaepernick doesn't have near the touch on the ball that Johnny does. Not even close. And Johnny can put it 50 yards down field accurately while on the run. I just hope a decent team picks him. If he goes to Cleveland he will end up broken and people will say "I told you so". I think the Texans would be a good fit.

R8RFAN
01-01-2014, 10:39 AM

Dude you said this about Tyler Wilson :shake:

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Dude you said this about Tyler Wilson :shake:

No. I didn't !

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 10:40 AM
I hear exactly what you're saying. The thing is that there is nobody you can compare Manziel to. He is a different breed of cat. He has natural instincts never seen in the NFL. And I would have to argue that he doesn't have an NFL arm. Kaepernick doesn't have near the touch on the ball that Johnny does. Not even close. And Johnny can put it 50 yards down field accurately while on the run. I just hope a decent team picks him. If he goes to Cleveland he will end up broken and people will say "I told you so". I think the Texans would be a good fit.

Agree to disagree. Bump thread in three years and you can jerk off a hog in celebration of my superior football mind. :D

notorious
01-01-2014, 10:41 AM
God Damnit.

I missed this game.

FUCK!

RealSNR
01-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Why can Jimmya still start threads?

notorious
01-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Just like when Tebow was God in college, we need to draft a few of Manziel's supporting skill players.

Those guys made huge plays for Manziel, and I think that is where the real value is.

Eleazar
01-01-2014, 10:46 AM
BTW what DID happen to Mario Williams?

He's in Buffalo now with the richest contract ever for a defensive player. o:-)

threebag
01-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Why can Jimmya still start threads?

Cause he is milkmans nephew.

TimBone
01-01-2014, 10:47 AM
I see Lone Wolf has this thread under control.

Eleazar
01-01-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm sure that some team will spend a high pick on him, but the next one of these scat QBs to win a Super Bowl will be the first.

MahiMike
01-01-2014, 10:56 AM

To me, this is exactly why he will thrive in the NFL. He will buy time to throw and only run when it's wide open.

Ceej
01-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Right handed Tebow.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Right handed Tebow.

LMAO

tecumseh
01-01-2014, 11:00 AM
That game last night was incredible. I don't know how well he'll do in the NFL. Could be another Russell Wilson or could be RGIII. Either way, dude's gettin' paid.

GoChargers
01-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Gimmick quarterback in a gimmick system with a terrible attitude.

Simplicity
01-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Too busy selling autographs... Bust.

KC_Connection
01-01-2014, 11:09 AM
The hype is real. Future pro-bowler.

TribalElder
01-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Johnny is too exciting

AP photographer Dave Martin collapses, dies at Chick-fil-A Bowl

ATLANTA — Dave Martin, a longtime Associated Press photographer based in Montgomery, Ala., died after collapsing on the Georgia Dome field after the Chick-fil-A Bowl on Tuesday night.

Martin, 59, ran onto the field immediately following Texas A&M's 52-48 win over Duke and took photos of Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin being doused with a water bucket by his players. Martin continued to take celebration shots before collapsing.

Martin suffered an apparent heart attack and was administered CPR on the field, according to a statement from the Georgia Dome. He was placed on a stretcher and taken to Emory Hospital Midtown where he died early Wednesday morning, the statement said.

"Dave Martin was an excellent photojournalist, a consummate and dedicated professional and a wonderful person," said AP Vice President and Director of Photography Santiago Lyon. "Wherever his work took him he made many friends and will be deeply missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him."

Martin began his photographic career at the Lakeland Ledger in Lakeland, Fla., in 1982 before joining the AP as a staff photographer in Montgomery in 1983. In 2004, Martin was named the AP's regional photo editor for the South.

Martin was at nearly every major news event in the South over the past 30 years, taking memorable images during Hurricane Katrina, the Gulf oil spill and the tornadoes that sliced through Alabama in 2011. He also traveled around the world for the AP, covering Super Bowls, Olympics, Ryder Cups and other sporting events, as well as political conventions, and conflicts in Afghanistan, Haiti and Iraq.

Known as "Mullet" to his many friends and colleagues, Martin built strong working relationships with AP member photographers and editors around the region, particularly those in Alabama.

"He was so driven to tell stories through pictures that he'd do most anything it took to be in the right spot to get the best photo, whether it was standing on a beach during a hurricane or wading into polluted waters during an oil spill," said Jay Reeves, AP's Birmingham correspondent and a colleague of Martin for decades. "He covered wars and a revolution, sports and tornadoes, the Alabama Legislature and presidents, and he typically had the best picture no matter what the event."

On their last assignment together, Reeves watched as Martin took time to get the perfect photo of sunlight streaming through a glass of beer. "He came away with a beautiful photo because he wasn't willing to settle for the ordinary."

AP Sports Writer Paul Newberry said he would remember Martin as a colleague never approached work or life halfway.

"He lived life to the fullest. We should all be so lucky to get out of our time on this planet what he did in 59 short years," Newberry said. "He is simply irreplaceable."

Martin is survived by his wife, Jamie Martin, and their two children, Emily and Skip.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/01/01/4723807/ap-photographer-martin-collapses.html#storylink=cpy

mlyonsd
01-01-2014, 11:14 AM
He's no Tyler Bray but he never gives up.

patteeu
01-01-2014, 11:17 AM
IF the Texans draft him?

Reliant Stadium would be rocking if they drafted him.

He would make exciting play after play.

He will have to adjust to the NFL first.

Mario Williams was a better pick than Reggie Bush or Vince Young. And there's not really anyone in the top 10 that year that would have been an obviously better pick. It turned out to be a pretty lame draft at the top.

Mario Williams
Reggie Bush
Vince Young
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
A.J. Hawk
Vernon Davis
Michael Huff
Donte Whitner
Ernie Sims
Matt Leinart

Simplicity
01-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Tyler Bray > Womanziel

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-01-2014, 11:22 AM

I don't agree.

Simplicity
01-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Brody Croyle > Manziel

LoneWolf
I don't agree.

That's cool. I guess we'll see who is correct.

Does anybody actually watch the games, or do they just assume he is Case Keenum? He has a nice arm.

GloryDayz
01-01-2014, 11:26 AM
While he did his part last night, his defense "got the win." Those last two INTs were 100% credit to them alone, and without those two INTs, A&M loses the game.

But all-in-all, it'll be fun to see what happens to JM in the NFL.

Rausch
01-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Brody Croyle > Manziel

No.

And I want no part of Manziel...

FringeNC
01-01-2014, 11:27 AM
He'll be a top ten pick.

01-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Just like when Tebow was God in college, we need to draft a few of Manziel's supporting skill players.

Those guys made huge plays for Manziel, and I think that is where the real value is.

Mike Evans will probably be a bust, unfortunately. Great ball skills, not so great at everything else. Jake was average all year.

Trey Williams in a couple years? Yes, please

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Does anybody actually watch the games, or do they just assume he is Case Keenum? He has a nice arm.

I've watched close to a dozen games he's played the last two seasons. His arm is average at best. Definitely not in the same class as Russell Wilson or Drew Brees.

01-01-2014, 11:29 AM
While he did his part last night, his defense "got the win." Those last two INTs were 100% credit to them alone, and without those two INTs, A&M loses the game.But all-in-all, it'll be fun to see what happens to JM in the NFL.

Not true. Would have been 4th and 7 and A&M would have likely scored. Manziel did what he did in 25 minutes of TOP

Rausch
I've watched close to a dozen games he's played the last two seasons. His arm is average at best. Definitely not in the same class as Russell Wilson or Drew Brees.

He has an average quality NFL arm. It's not weak...

Well Wilson isn't in the same class as Brees. Brees might be comparable. Wilson has a cannon.

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 11:32 AM

Small stature, average arm, questionable character, and great feet is not the recipe for success as an NFL QB.

01-01-2014, 11:32 AM

It's true. It's fine. He has good sized hands and he doesn't have to put everything into every throw. And even so, he has a very quick release. The almost sack last night was impressive when he threw it off his back foot to the far sideline and out of bounds

01-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Small stature, average arm, questionable character, and great feet is not the recipe for success as an NFL QB.

great feet, great pocket awareness, great release, great accuracy, great ball placement. Great competitiveness

I'm a homer, though. I admit it.

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Brees might be comparable.

Funniest thing posted in this thread.

tredadda
01-01-2014, 11:35 AM
This guy is a smaller, faster, douchier version of Tebow. Great for college, not the NFL.

01-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Funniest thing posted in this thread.

Brees doesn't have an average arm? Ive seen a number of INTs from him when he throws off his back foot because his arm isn't the strongest. Wilson has a much stronger arm.

Dave Lane
01-01-2014, 11:38 AM
I love the kid. Reminds me of Flutie and Jeff Garcia. Shad Khan will put a lot of butts in seats with him.

Khan is trying to not put butts in the seats. He's got to be ready to pack and go to LA the second they have their stadium ready. Everyone knows this. Its the real life version of Major League.

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Brees doesn't have an average arm? Ive seen a number of INTs from him when he throws off his back foot because his arm isn't the strongest. Wilson has a much stronger arm.

Look, I don't wish that Manziel fails in the NFL. That is just my opinion. Your saying that Brees has an average arm does make me question how much football you actually watch or how much you understand the game. Brees has a well above average arm and his continued success in the league points to this fact.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2014, 11:43 AM

:facepalm:

01-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Look, I don't wish that Manziel fails in the NFL. That is just my opinion. Your saying that Brees has an average arm does make me question how much football you actually watch or how much you understand the game. Brees has a well above average arm and his continued success in the league points to this fact.

I watch a ton of football. Drew Brees is elite at just about every other QB skill. He is an amazing, HOF QB. Top 10 all-time. His arm strength is average though. It's part of why he's struggled with throwing INTs some years.

I think a late-30s Peyton Manning has proven you don't need a huge arm to put up insane numbers. Peyton's recent QB play has been Brees' whole career.

Mav
01-01-2014, 11:53 AM
I watch a ton of football. Drew Brees is elite at just about every other QB skill. He is an amazing, HOF QB. Top 10 all-time. His arm strength is average though. It's part of why he's struggled with throwing INTs some years.

His arm is no less strong than Tom Brady, or Peyton Mannings.

Arm strength for the most part, is the most overvalued attribute for a qb.

What sets Brees up for success is he is brilliant in football.

He sees things, he anticipates, his accuracy is as good as anyones in the league.

He has plenty of arm strength, but its the other intangibles that sets him apart.

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 11:53 AM

I think a late-30s Peyton Manning has proven you don't need a huge arm to put up insane numbers. Peyton's recent QB play has been Brees' whole career.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1266536-power-ranking-the-arm-strength-of-all-32-nfl-starting-qbs/page/30

I know, bleacher report, blah, blah, blah.

highBOLTage
01-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Brees has a far superior arm than Manziel and is one of the smartest QBs in the league.

Brees coming out of college vs Manziel now: I would say the zip they put on the ball is about the same. Manziel is way more accurate though. Brees wasnt nearly as accurate with the Chargers as he is with the Saints. He started working on his core strength a few years into his SD career which increased his "arm strength" and after the surgery his ball placement is much improved.
I would not be worried about Manziel's physical skills at all. Just a question of his work ethic and ability to read an NFL defense. He missed some wide open guys yesterday, but still scrambled and made plays.

01-01-2014, 12:04 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1266536-power-ranking-the-arm-strength-of-all-32-nfl-starting-qbs/page/30

I know, bleacher report, blah, blah, blah.

Interesting.

IMO, because of his pocket presence, ability to get the ball out quick and get off a clean throw, he more often than not displays good zip and pretty ball. But any average NFL QB can make strong throws from a clean pocket. His amazing mechanics allows him to get everything out of every throw. It's when everything else breaks down that you can see where people have questioned his arm strength.

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Interesting.

IMO, because of his pocket presence, ability to get the ball out quick and get off a clean throw, he more often than not displays good zip and pretty ball. But any average NFL QB can make strong throws from a clean pocket. His amazing mechanics allows him to get everything out of every throw. It's when everything else breaks down that you can see where people have questioned his arm strength.

By people do you mean you? I have never seen anything on TV or in print questioning his arm strength.

penguinz
01-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Right handed Tebow.

Jan 1 and already a leader for most ignorant post of the year.

01-01-2014, 12:15 PM
By people do you mean you? I have never seen anything on TV or in print questioning his arm strength.

Because it really doesn't matter in the end. It's a non-issue and he's an elite QB. It's not a noodle arm either... so yeah, it was poorly worded to say that people question it. I just mean people who don't put his arm strength in the same class as Wilson.

threebag
01-01-2014, 12:15 PM
I blah, blah, blah

Tongue in cheek

01-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Tongue in cheek

Oh no. I must be the QB of the Green Bay Packers. How horrible.

ThaVirus
01-01-2014, 12:17 PM

Johnny's 6'. His dad is 6'2"

Johnnys hands are big enough to palm a watermelon.

Your love for Manziel is disturbing.

01-01-2014, 12:20 PM
I wish Hog Farmer, one of his hogs, and myself could have a sweaty, cashed-out foursome with Johnny Manziel. AndChiefs could join if he likes.

GloryDayz
01-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Not true. Would have been 4th and 7 and A&M would have likely scored. Manziel did what he did in 25 minutes of TOP

I'm talking about A&M's takeaways of Duke. One was a pick-six, the other killed a drive. i think if those two picks don't happen, A&M loses.

Jimmya
01-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Watching Clowney right now...I think he's just a straight pass rusher. I don't know how good he will be in the league.

01-01-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm talking about A&M's takeaways of Duke. One was a pick-six, the other killed a drive. i think if those two picks don't happen, A&M loses.

If the first pick doesn't happen on that 3rd down, Duke punts and A&M gets the ball down by three with almost four minutes left. Hard to say they lose in that situation. Getting the pick 6 actually might have put them in a worse situation, but it worked out and they got another turnover.

Pitt Gorilla
01-01-2014, 12:33 PM
If Bridgewater and Manziel were equal prospects, I'd say Houston would take Manziel. The fact is that Bridgewater is the better prospect and teams don't select lesser players, especially at the QB position, for the sole purpose of exciting the fan base. If that were the case, Tebow would have been drafted by Jacksonville. Owners will always choose a chance at long term success over short term hype.True, but some here wanted the Chiefs to take the lesser player (Geno) over the much better player (EJ).

Bowser
01-01-2014, 12:39 PM
I'd take Bridgewater before Manziel. Probably McCarron and Murray, as well.

cardken2
01-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Manziel to Houston
Clowney to St. Louis
Bridgewater to Jacksonville

GordonGekko
01-01-2014, 02:38 PM
I'd take Bridgewater before Manziel. Probably McCarron and Murray, as well.

Manziel would be so huge for Houston. Guaranteed merchandise sales and sellouts out of the ass. Bridgewater would be solid too.

Pablo
01-01-2014, 02:44 PM
I feel terrible for hog farmers pigs today.

They've undoubtedly been jerked raw and bloody while HF looped SC highlights.

Oh, and I think Manziel can succeed in the league. Just a question of intelligence and maturity more than anything.

TambaBerry
01-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Manziel will not be good in the NFL I don't get everyones love for him.

Dayze
01-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Will McCarron end up being the best QB in the draft?

Rasputin
01-01-2014, 04:15 PM
I don't see how the Texans wouldn't take Manziel right there for the taking?

All they would do is sell tickets.

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 04:18 PM
I don't see how the Texans wouldn't take Manziel right there for the taking?

All they would do is sell tickets.

What if Manziel turns out to be Vince Young and Bridgewater turns out to be Andrew Luck? Would you rather sell out for one to two years before the Manziel mania runs out or sell out every game for 10-12 years with the possibility of a Super Bowl every year.

NFL owners are businessmen not fans.

Mav
01-01-2014, 04:34 PM
What if Manziel turns out to be Vince Young and Bridgewater turns out to be Andrew Luck? Would you rather sell out for one to two years before the Manziel mania runs out or sell out every game for 10-12 years with the possibility of a Super Bowl every year.

Well Fuck.

LoneWolf with the finishing move.

Flawless Victory.

Besides. Houston isn't exactly missing a whole lot of sales. This isn't Jax.

Bill Obrien also knows qbs. Hes not a moron.

I think its as close to a slam dunk as you can get, unless Cleveland sends them a Washington sized booty for that pick, that they will be taking Bridgewater.

Anyong Bluth
01-01-2014, 04:43 PM
I don't think he's going top 10- too much variance from your prototypical nfl qb. I'm sure he'll be a guy that someone takes a runner on him and possibly gets drafted higher than anticipated, but the Chiefs don't have a 2nd round pick and they're not going to take him with their 1st.

Saccopoo
01-01-2014, 05:22 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_FXyI4CNYDA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CrazyPhuD
01-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Meh I'd rather have the FSU QB...that dude just rapes opposing D's

Saccopoo
01-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Will McCarron end up being the best QB in the draft?

Tajh Boyd.

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 05:32 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_FXyI4CNYDA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why don't you post a video of Slingin Sammy Baugh executing the jump pass and tell us how that is going to make a comeback? The league and the athletes that play in it are completely different than they were in 1977. Did you notice how slow those defensive linemen were? If Tarkenton tried to pull that shit in today's game, he'd get killed.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Manziel will not be good in the NFL I don't get everyones love for him.

AND Your name is DINGLE..BERRY !

hometeam
01-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Hate em. I would be sick if we drafted him.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Why don't you post a video of Slingin Sammy Baugh executing the jump pass and tell us how that is going to make a comeback? The league and the athletes that play in it are completely different than they were in 1977. Did you notice how slow those defensive linemen were? If Tarkenton tried to pull that shit in today's game, he'd get killed.

Guess what, Manziel is a hell of a lot faster than Tarky too !

Chiefshrink
01-01-2014, 05:36 PM
The thing is that there is nobody you can compare Manziel to. He is a different breed of cat. He has natural instincts never seen in the NFL.

Nah, he is the caucasian version of Michael Vick IMO. And he is into autographs,paparazzi and drama for self as opposed to dogs:D

Chiefshrink
01-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Hate em. I would be sick if we drafted him.

Because of what happened in this past off-season or you just don't like his game for the NFL?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Nah, he is the caucasian version of Michael Vick IMO. And he is into autographs,paparazzi and drama for self as opposed to dogs:D

Once again, Manziel can't be compared to ANY other QB in college history. If he will somehow , someway go to a team that will let him do what he does and not try to change his style he will flourish.

Saccopoo
01-01-2014, 05:44 PM

No one is turning out to be Andrew Luck.

You would have been repeatedly told for the last three years that Andrew Luck was going to be Andrew Luck if Bridgewater was going to be that type of guy.

He isn't.

He's a guy. Scrawny top, doesn't ever set his feet, weird throwing motion/release point, played against lesser competition, etc.

Bridgewater is a smaller, poor man's version of Tim Couch.

sedated
01-01-2014, 05:46 PM
After Russell Wilson and EJ Manuel, I can safely say that I have ZERO clue how a college QB translates to the NFL. There are numerous examples to show that NFL GMs have only a slightly better clue.

LoneWolf
01-01-2014, 05:47 PM
No one is turning out to be Andrew Luck.

You would have been repeatedly told for the last three years that Andrew Luck was going to be Andrew Luck if Bridgewater was going to be that type of guy.

He isn't.

He's a guy. Scrawny top, doesn't ever set his feet, weird throwing motion/release point, played against lesser competition, etc.

Bridgewater is a smaller, poor man's version of Tim Couch.

Tom Brady laughs at your post.

ChiefRocka
01-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Jeff Garcia Jr.

sedated
01-01-2014, 05:50 PM
He's a guy.
Scrawny top (Tom Brady)
doesn't ever set his feet (Tony Romo)
weird throwing motion/release point (Phillip Rivers)
played against lesser competition (Ben Roethlisberger)

Saccopoo
01-01-2014, 05:51 PM

You shut your whore mouth.

Fran Tarkenton is a god.

And football is football.

Tarkenton didn't get killed because it was all relative. Same goes for Manziel. He's playing in the SEC against guys he'll see again at the next level - and he's kicking their ass.

I'm not a big Manziel guy, but the dude can flat out ball. And unlike Bobby Griffin, he's not solely relying on his athletic ability to dominate at the college level. The guy has some insanity sauce level instincts.

He'll be just fine on the next level.

GordonGekko
01-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Once again, Manziel can't be compared to ANY other QB in college history. If he will somehow , someway go to a team that will let him do what he does and not try to change his style he will flourish.

Are you being sarcastic?

hometeam
01-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Because of what happened in this past off-season or you just don't like his game for the NFL?

Both, but more so for his personality, and the negative media circus that comes with it. As for his play, I think there is a chance he might be an NFL quarterback, but more likely is that hes JAG.

I also feel like there are guys in the NFL that are going to set out to clean his clock, BIGTIME. His (alleged) personality just rubs people the wrong way, and defensive players are going to take it out physically on him.

I could be dead wrong.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Are you being sarcastic?

Fuck NO !!!!

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Both, but more so for his personality, and the negative media circus that comes with it. As for his play, I think there is a chance he might be an NFL quarterback, but more likely is that hes JAG.

I also feel like there are guys in the NFL that are going to set out to clean his clock, BIGTIME. His (alleged) personality just rubs people the wrong way, and defensive players are going to take it out physically on him.

I could be dead wrong.

He might rub defenses the wrong way BUT HIS team LOVES him and will rape livestock for him. He has a definite prescence. He is one of those people that just have "IT"

MahiMike
01-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Khan is trying to not put butts in the seats. He's got to be ready to pack and go to LA the second they have their stadium ready. Everyone knows this. Its the real life version of Major League.

What's been established is that London is calling, not LA.

MahiMike
01-01-2014, 06:06 PM

I agree. People put way too much emphasis on arm strength. It's about 4th or 5th in terms of importance in QB skill sets.

KCChiefsFan88
01-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Houston didn't feel pressure to draft Vince Young #1 overall in 2006 when some of the similar things were being said, in terms of he would help sell tickets, etc.

Eleazar
01-01-2014, 06:31 PM
You shut your whore mouth.

Fran Tarkenton is a god.

And football is football.

Tarkenton didn't get killed because it was all relative. Same goes for Manziel. He's playing in the SEC against guys he'll see again at the next level - and he's kicking their ass.

I'm not a big Manziel guy, but the dude can flat out ball. And unlike Bobby Griffin, he's not solely relying on his athletic ability to dominate at the college level. The guy has some insanity sauce level instincts.

He'll be just fine on the next level.

There have been plenty of guys come through the college ranks with more speed and athleticism than he has. Vick, for example (who also had better passing credentials, arm strength, etc)

He isn't an NFL level prospect as a quarterback and will be a project. NFL defenses have adjusted to the gimmick offenses that made some hay in the league for most of the regular season last year.

He'll have to turn into something he isn't in order to succeed for long at the next level. Nobody is saying he can't do that, but he isn't going to walk into the league and last long with his game as it currently is.

Chiefshrink
01-01-2014, 06:35 PM
There are numerous examples to show that NFL GMs have only a slightly better clue.

You are giving them waaaaaay too much credit here.:D

01-01-2014, 06:40 PM
There have been plenty of guys come through the college ranks with more speed and athleticism than he has. Vick, for example (who also had better passing credentials, arm strength, etc)

He isn't an NFL level prospect as a quarterback and will be a project. NFL defenses have adjusted to the gimmick offenses that made some hay in the league for most of the regular season last year.

He'll have to turn into something he isn't in order to succeed for long at the next level. Nobody is saying he can't do that, but he isn't going to walk into the league and last long with his game as it currently is.

Vick was not a good passer.

Eleazar
01-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Vick was not a good passer.

He had elite arm strength, which is something to work with at least.

01-01-2014, 06:47 PM
He had elite arm strength.

and shitty everything else.

Anyong Bluth
01-01-2014, 06:53 PM

Tebow gonna Tebow

ActiveShooter
01-01-2014, 09:01 PM

This

ActiveShooter
01-01-2014, 09:16 PM
My first prediction of 2014
In a few years, Johnny Football will be known as Johnny Co Caine purveyor of fine Brazilian hookers.

notorious
01-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Vick did things on the football field that Manziel can only dream of.

GloryDayz
01-01-2014, 10:24 PM

He and RG-III. Not to mention Fran Tarkenton... :D

BossChief
01-01-2014, 11:00 PM

He was also a lot more limited than Manziel is as a passer.

Manziel has great vision and poise to go with his mobility. Vick had tunnel vision as a passer, but was elite as a ball carrier. I'd take Manziel over Vick all day.

Jimmya
01-01-2014, 11:02 PM
I agree Manziel over Vick.

CoMoChief
01-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Manziel would be perfect for this offense.

Coach
01-01-2014, 11:28 PM
He had elite arm strength, which is something to work with at least.

But useless if you can't read a defense, which was clearly evident of that in Atlanta.

McBeard
01-03-2014, 07:36 AM
I think Manziel could be there when we pick but I hope we don't take him. He is sort of the anti-Tebow. He has a better arm but he's an asshole. Guys don't seem to want to listen to him. His game is all over the place and I don't think it will transfer to the pros. Especially with his personality. If he doesn't produce and he acts the way he does in the pros, someone will punch him in the face.

There is no way he'll go top 10 and he might not even go in the first.

penguinz
01-03-2014, 07:53 AM
I think Manziel could be there when we pick but I hope we don't take him. He is sort of the anti-Tebow. He has a better arm but he's an asshole. Guys don't seem to want to listen to him. His game is all over the place and I don't think it will transfer to the pros. Especially with his personality. If he doesn't produce and he acts the way he does in the pros, someone will punch him in the face.

There is no way he'll go top 10 and he might not even go in the first.Are you high? Unless he get in trouble with the law or breaks a bone between now and the draft he will most likely go in the top half of the 1st. No way in hell he slips past the 1st round.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-03-2014, 08:38 AM

There is no way he'll go top 10 and he might not even go in the first.

WoW ! 20 posts and already letting the world know your and Idiot !

Mr. Plow
01-03-2014, 08:44 AM
This thread is hilarious.

McBeard
01-03-2014, 08:49 AM
LOL, I don't like Johnny Football and I'll stand by that. He runs around in the pocket and makes plays but he also looks like crap at times. When I watched the bowl game the night I noticed how terrible he was at throwing the ball away. He runs around back there and barely gets it out of bounds because he throws off his back foot constantly. I saw 3-4 balls that he threw away that would have been picks in the pros. He's just a mess and it's not going to work in the pros. His teammates will want to kill him.

Dayze
01-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Are you high? Unless he get in trouble with the law or breaks a bone between now and the draft he will most likely go in the top half of the 1st. No way in hell he slips past the 1st round.

why? Serious question / not flaming.

because of his mobility?

BigBeauford
01-03-2014, 08:53 AM
LOL, I don't like Johnny Football and I'll stand by that. He runs around in the pocket and makes plays but he also looks like crap at times. When I watched the bowl game the night I noticed how terrible he was at throwing the ball away. He runs around back there and barely gets it out of bounds because he throws off his back foot constantly. I saw 3-4 balls that he threw away that would have been picks in the pros. He's just a mess and it's not going to work in the pros. His teammates will want to kill him.

That seems harsh. At worst I can foresee a harsh scolding.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-03-2014, 09:41 AM
If he lands on the right team, some good coaching will smooth out his rough edges. He has natural talent to work with in all phases of the QB position.

patteeu
01-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Houston didn't feel pressure to draft Vince Young #1 overall in 2006 when some of the similar things were being said, in terms of he would help sell tickets, etc.

Houston was still riding their first-overall QB, David Carr, in 2006, and had just brought in a QB guru (Kubiak) to fix him. This year, they just gave up on Matt Schaub and need a new signal caller.

McBeard
01-03-2014, 10:45 AM
I think teams will be hesitant to take him early after the Tebow fiasco. His skill set isn't the same but comparisons are relevant. If Cleveland hires McDaniels I don't think he would want to go down that road again. You are going to have to have the right coach for Manziel. Someone who won't care if he breaks plays all the time and that won't be easy to find. I think the best match would be Arians in Arizona. He is used to playing with Big Ben and Johnny Football is similar in the sense that he just does whatever he wants and extends plays regularly. If he falls past Arizona, he will drop out of the first round.

planetdoc
04-05-2014, 04:39 PM
full video of Manziel on Gruden's QB camp

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5Mu4ImS3dlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TEX
04-05-2014, 04:48 PM
I think teams will be hesitant to take him early after the Tebow fiasco. His skill set isn't the same but comparisons are relevant. If Cleveland hires McDaniels I don't think he would want to go down that road again. You are going to have to have the right coach for Manziel. Someone who won't care if he breaks plays all the time and that won't be easy to find. I think the best match would be Arians in Arizona. He is used to playing with Big Ben and Johnny Football is similar in the sense that he just does whatever he wants and extends plays regularly. If he falls past Arizona, he will drop out of the first round.

Manziel is NOTHING like Tebow because he can throw the ball. He can already throw it better than Tebow ever could. You're fooling yourself if you think he falls out of round 1 for any reason.

Alex Smith 4Ever
04-05-2014, 04:58 PM

What Tebow fiasco? He won Denver a playoff game and is a great person on and off the field

You could just as easily point to the DHB fiasco and say that teams won't draft fast receivers

Personally I think that Johnny Football will be great, but Clowney is the #1 pick

Deberg_1990
04-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Report: Johnny Manziel totaled highest Wonderlic test score among QB’s

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/04/report-johnny-manziel-totaled-highest-wonderlic-test-score-among-qbs.html/

Urc Burry
04-10-2014, 09:32 PM

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/04/report-johnny-manziel-totaled-highest-wonderlic-test-score-among-qbs.html/

I'm actually a Johnny Football fan and I find that surprising.. That should secure him #1

GloryDayz
04-10-2014, 10:09 PM
I still hope somebody's steel-tipped cleats crush both his nuts like a blue berry under a flip-flop of a fat guy - both at the same time - and he bleeds-through his white pants so the whole world can see how his fathering days ended.... I'm sure his sister will kiss-them-better...

That's how I feel...

04-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Thanks to his Mafia roots, I'm sure

Otter
04-10-2014, 10:18 PM
I think the team that manages to land JM is smart. Sure he may bust but there's no doubt he's possibly the next Joe Montana. I know being Chiefs fans we don't really understand how important a QB is but others do.

The Chiefs are the guy who takes his cousin to the prom, enjoys it then asks them for a 2nd date next fall.

HonestChieffan
04-10-2014, 10:28 PM
May possibly be the best football talent to emerge in the last 20 years. This guy will be top drawer when Geno is washing his jock for tip money

BossChief
04-10-2014, 10:34 PM
I'd trade our first, next years first and Alex Smith to draft Johnny Manziel.

I think he is gonna be a special player.

Rare talent.

BigMeatballDave
04-11-2014, 02:44 AM

Rare talent.

Played 2 whole yrs of college ball.

Surefire recipe for success in the NFL.

LoneWolf
04-11-2014, 04:52 AM

Rare talent.

Rare talent? Tell me one thing he does better than Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, or Colin Kaepernick.

The only thing rare about him is his nickname and the fact his team beat Alabama once.

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Rare talent? Tell me one thing he does better than Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, or Colin Kaepernick.

The only thing rare about him is his nickname and the fact his team beat Alabama once.

You can throw Luck out. Nobody really compares to Luck as a prospect.

He's smarter than both Newton and Kaepernick. He's a much better passer than Kaepernick. He has more college starting experience than Newton.

I'd say he's very comparable to Wilson, although I think Wilson is very underrated. I watched every game in college and Wilson has very rare and elite accuracy. I'm really high on Wilson.

I think Manziel has some qualities that put him in the conversation with these guys. He's got moxie. That's something you're either born with or not. That can't be overstated. His improvisational skills are 2nd to none. I haven't seen a college QB that could create like him in a long time.

On the flip side, he doesn't have a ton of starting experience and that's a concern. He's small, which is also a concern. For all of his WOW moments outside of the pocket, he's got a lot of WTF moments IN the pocket.

As is usual on Chiefsplanet, you've got a camp that says he's God and a camp that says he sucks.

The truth is somewhere in between.

Eleazar
04-11-2014, 08:46 AM

Rare talent.

LMAO LMAO LMAO :titus:

O.city
04-11-2014, 08:59 AM
You can throw Luck out. Nobody really compares to Luck as a prospect.

He's smarter than both Newton and Kaepernick. He's a much better passer than Kaepernick. He has more college starting experience than Newton.

I'd say he's very comparable to Wilson, although I think Wilson is very underrated. I watched every game in college and Wilson has very rare and elite accuracy. I'm really high on Wilson.

I think Manziel has some qualities that put him in the conversation with these guys. He's got moxie. That's something you're either born with or not. That can't be overstated. His improvisational skills are 2nd to none. I haven't seen a college QB that could create like him in a long time.

On the flip side, he doesn't have a ton of starting experience and that's a concern. He's small, which is also a concern. For all of his WOW moments outside of the pocket, he's got a lot of WTF moments IN the pocket.

As is usual on Chiefsplanet, you've got a camp that says he's God and a camp that says he sucks.

The truth is somewhere in between.

I'm just not sure all that moxie and improvisational skill will translate to much if anything in the nfl, if he can't make plays from the pocket (which I don't think he consistently can).

Like with kaep, the running around is great, but it should be a last resort kind of thing used when necessary. I think you have to be able to beat teams from the pocket with your arm to be that guy.

Manziel also had a pretty high amount of taken around him at a&m. Not that that is necessarily bad, or predictive of anything, at the next level.

I think he can be successful, but for every great play, there's gonna be a lot of maddening wtf plays and I don't know that if really want that in a qb.

ChiTown
04-11-2014, 09:01 AM

Rare talent.

:spock:

You serious, Clark?

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 09:02 AM
I'm just not sure all that moxie and improvisational skill will translate to much if anything in the nfl, if he can't make plays from the pocket (which I don't think he consistently can).

That remains to be seen. He's a very smart kid. I don't see any reason to say he can't learn to play from the pocket.

Like with kaep, the running around is great, but it should be a last resort kind of thing used when necessary. I think you have to be able to beat teams from the pocket with your arm to be that guy.

Manziel, outside of the pocket, has pinpoint accuracy. Kaepernick doesn't compare at all. Kaepernick, outside of the pocket, is a RB, for all intents and purposes.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-11-2014, 09:03 AM

LMAO This guy is gonna ROCK the football world !

O.city
04-11-2014, 09:11 AM
That remains to be seen. He's a very smart kid. I don't see any reason to say he can't learn to play from the pocket.

Manziel, outside of the pocket, has pinpoint accuracy. Kaepernick doesn't compare at all. Kaepernick, outside of the pocket, is a RB, for all intents and purposes.

In college, against college level competition, sure. But we are comparing nfl kaep to college Manziel.

I also wouldn't be excited about taking a qb in the first round and hoping he can learn to play from the pocket. So while you don't see any reason he can't, there haven't been many guys at all who have been able to effectively learn that at the next level. Maybe he's different, have to see.

As much as the spread qb stuff has died down when translating to te league, there's a lot of talk from guys smarter than me about that stuff who say manziel was all 1 read simple offense type player.

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 09:12 AM
In college, against college level competition, sure. But we are comparing nfl kaep to college Manziel.

I also wouldn't be excited about taking a qb in the first round and hoping he can learn to play from the pocket. So while you don't see any reason he can't, there haven't been many guys at all who have been able to effectively learn that at the next level. Maybe he's different, have to see.

As much as the spread qb stuff has died down when translating to te league, there's a lot of talk from guys smarter than me about that stuff who say manziel was all 1 read simple offense type player.

Yeah, him coming out of Sumlin's offense is definitely a concern.

O.city
04-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Yeah, him coming out of Sumlin's offense is definitely a concern.

The way nfl offenses have transitioned, I don't think it's as big of a concern now as it was 10 years ago though

O.city
04-11-2014, 09:15 AM
I think Manziel would be a great fit with Andy Reid, and if we had a 2nd round pik I think that would be a perfect spot to take him.

I just don't know about spending a first round pick on te guy.

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 09:16 AM
The way nfl offenses have transitioned, I don't think it's as big of a concern now as it was 10 years ago though

It's also minimized somewhat by the fact that the kid is pretty smart. It's not like he can't learn.

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 09:17 AM
I think Manziel would be a great fit with Andy Reid, and if we had a 2nd round pik I think that would be a perfect spot to take him.

I just don't know about spending a first round pick on te guy.

His game isn't all that different than Smith's. :hmmm:

O.city
04-11-2014, 09:21 AM
It's also minimized somewhat by the fact that the kid is pretty smart. It's not like he can't learn.

Like you said, it's yet to be seen.

It just seems guys who run like he does, always use they as a crutch and never learn.

Dave Lane
04-11-2014, 09:35 AM
I think the team that manages to land JM is smart. Sure he may bust but there's no doubt he's possibly the next Joe Montana. I know being Chiefs fans we don't really understand how important a QB is but others do.

The Chiefs are the guy who takes his cousin to the prom, enjoys it then asks them for a 2nd date next fall.

This. If somehow Manziel falls to us and we take a guard instead, my give a shit meter will drop to zero.

GloryDayz
04-11-2014, 09:46 AM
I still hope his nut sack get popped like a zit!

He's talented as hell, but I think he's an asshole, and I don't think he'd accept being drafted by the Chiefs. I think he's pull and Eli and demand a trade. I just think he's that kind of kid. And all he's ever going to do to the CHiefs is break our hearts and crush each of our current 5-year plans.

Dave Lane
04-11-2014, 09:47 AM
I still hope his nut sack get popped like a zit!

He's talented as hell, but I think he's an asshole, and I don't think he'd accept being drafted by the Chiefs. I think he's pull and Eli and demand a trade. I just think he's that kind of kid. And all he's ever going to do to the CHiefs is break our hearts and crush each of our current 5-year plans.

We have a plan?

ChiTown
04-11-2014, 09:47 AM
We have a plan?

Yes - to never win a Playoff Game....................EVAR!

Dave Lane
04-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Yes - to never win a Playoff Game....................EVAR!

It's working.

ChiTown
04-11-2014, 09:53 AM
It's working.

Unfortunately............Seriously, I'm fucking tired of that bullshit already. Our Franchise is just complete FAIL

Dave Lane
04-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Until we are willing to take a risk and pick up a true franchise QB prospect we can bandaid our way to unending epic fail.

LoneWolf
04-11-2014, 10:52 AM

This. If somehow Manziel falls to us and we take a guard instead, my give a shit meter will drop to zero.

There's "no doubt" he's "possibly" the next Joe Montana? How does that make any fucking sense. 60% of the time it works every time.

If Manziel falls to KC at 23 and KC takes him, IMO it will be a waste of a draft pick. He's got fail written all over him. All successful QBs in the NFL operate from the pocket first and run only when neccessary.

RippedmyFlesh
04-11-2014, 10:54 AM
May possibly be the best football talent to emerge in the last 20 years. This guy will be top drawer when Geno is washing his jock for tip money

Better than Luck who by the way was called that by every draft expert and gm? The Johnny love here is just as ridiculous to most of us as the Geno love was last year to Johnny lovers. And Geno is a bust after 1 year but Fischer isn't? Stick to politics.

Dave Lane
04-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Better than Luck who by the way was called that by every draft expert and gm? The Johnny love here is just as ridiculous to most of us as the Geno love was last year to Johnny lovers. And Geno is a bust after 1 year but Fischer isn't? Stick to reading not posting.

FYP

KC native
04-11-2014, 11:34 AM

:doh!: You are in the running for dumbest person alive.

BossChief
04-11-2014, 12:18 PM
The kid has UNREAL field vision, instincts and playmaking ability both as a passer and runner. He is a phenomenal leader and NEVER quits on a play.pair up his raw skills with a coach like Andy Reid that can develop him and the kid could give us a legit 10-15 year window.

Not only that, but the first 5 years would be super cheap.

Pair him with Jamaal Charles and draft a couple receivers and let the kid give us some excitement.

Dave Lane
04-11-2014, 12:32 PM
The kid has UNREAL field vision, instincts and playmaking ability both as a passer and runner. He is a phenomenal leader and NEVER quits on a play.pair up his raw skills with a coach like Andy Reid that can develop him and the kid could give us a legit 10-15 year window.

Pair him with Jamaal Charles and draft a couple receivers and let the kid give us some excitement.

Amen brother.

AndChiefs
04-11-2014, 12:33 PM

Nah we need to play it safe and make sure the guard position is locked down.

Dave Lane
04-11-2014, 12:35 PM

Plus he'd have 6-8 games before Alex gets crunched so he doesn't have to start right away.

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 12:37 PM

This cannot be understated.

KC native
04-11-2014, 12:45 PM

He is a less physically gifted Tony Romo.

04-11-2014, 12:49 PM

The Eastern Illinois recruit? The UDFA? Sucks for Manziel. I like the comparison, and Romo can ball, but I would like to think Johnny is a little more talented.

AndChiefs
04-11-2014, 12:49 PM

True. When I think of Manziel I think of great stats until he is needed. I then just imagine him like this.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8qn4IhVgqHs/UCggE6om5RI/AAAAAAAAAs4/Y0nKy_WEBDk/s1600/choking-291x300.jpg

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 12:50 PM

Nah. Romo doesn't have it upstairs.

Eleazar
04-11-2014, 01:38 PM
The problem is that these guys come into the NFL, where they can't outrun everyone, and they can't extend plays to the extent they can in college, and they are asked to stand in the pocket and play the QB position. It doesn't matter how fast you are, when you play a good defensive front at the NFL level they can scheme and spy and bottle you up. If he can't drop and read by this point in his career he's just a project.

You can have a rookie season like RG3 had, but eventually you find that you are never going to take a team anywhere unless you can pass from the pocket.

Is he a better QB prospect than Vick was? Certainly he's not a better athletic talent, and he doesn't have even close to the arm that Vick had. But of course, Vick had the proverbial 10 cent head.

Is he a better prospect than Geno Smith was last year? Geno was more of a passer in college and supposedly was able to pass from the pocket at the NFL level, and he may one day do that, but I don't think you can say that Manziel would have a higher ceiling as a passer.

Measurables aren't everything, but how many guys who are under 6' are starting in the NFL today?

Manziel should be the third QB drafted, and that's if you don't like Carr. You can't rate his chances of becoming a 10 year starter at QB as better than Bridgewater or Bortles.

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 01:39 PM
The problem is that these guys come into the NFL, where they can't outrun everyone, and they can't extend plays to the extent they can in college, and they are asked to stand in the pocket and play the QB position. It doesn't matter how fast you are, when you play a good defensive front at the NFL level they can scheme and spy and bottle you up. If he can't drop and read by this point in his career he's just a project.

You can have a rookie season like RG3 had, but eventually you find that you are never going to take a team anywhere unless you can pass from the pocket.

Is he a better QB prospect than Vick was? Certainly he's not a better athletic talent, and he doesn't have even close to the arm that Vick had. But of course, Vick had the proverbial 10 cent head.

Is he a better prospect than Geno Smith was last year? Geno was more of a passer in college and supposedly was able to pass from the pocket at the NFL level, and he may one day do that, but I don't think you can say that Manziel would have a higher ceiling as a passer.

Measurables aren't everything, but how many guys who are under 6' are starting in the NFL today?

Manziel should be the third QB drafted, and that's if you don't like Carr. You can't rate his chances of becoming a 10 year starter at QB as better than Bridgewater or Bortles.

Good post. Critical yet fair.

Once again proving that the truth is somewhere in between.

BigMeatballDave
04-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Plus he'd have 6-8 games before Alex gets crunched so he doesn't have to start right away.

LMAO Alex was supposed to be injured last season. What happened?

BigMeatballDave
04-11-2014, 01:45 PM

Pair him with Jamaal Charles and draft a couple receivers and let the kid give us some excitement.You've got some Johnny Football jizz on your chin.

:)

BigMeatballDave
04-11-2014, 01:47 PM
I'm not sure what is more comical. Geno nuthuggers or Johnny nuthuggers.

KC native
04-11-2014, 01:48 PM
The Eastern Illinois recruit? The UDFA? Sucks for Manziel. I like the comparison, and Romo can ball, but I would like to think Johnny is a little more talented.

datz cuz u liek aTm

KC native
04-11-2014, 01:50 PM

He does until pressure situations.

Romo has also been a victim of shitty roster construction by Jerrah. He gets into situations where he feels he has to make a play right then to win a game and that's when he starts to make mistakes.

BigMeatballDave
04-11-2014, 01:52 PM
What happens when a QB lacks playing time in college?

Mark Sanchez and Matt Cassel.

AndChiefs
04-11-2014, 02:03 PM
What happens when a QB lacks playing time in college?

Mark Sanchez and Matt Cassel.

I know you're just trolling but...

Johnny Manziel - 25 starts
Mark Sanchez - 16 starts
Matt Cassel - 0 starts

BigMeatballDave
04-11-2014, 02:09 PM
I know you're just trolling but...

Johnny Manziel - 25 starts
Mark Sanchez - 16 starts
Matt Cassel - 0 starts

LOL

The lack of playing time in college should be a concern.

BossChief
04-11-2014, 02:45 PM
He would be ridiculously effective in our system, too.

BigMeatballDave
04-11-2014, 02:49 PM

Gargle that spunk!

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Gargle that spunk!

You don't think Reid's system would favor a guy like Manziel? It favors a guy like Alex Smith, who has similar strengths and similar issues.

Molitoth
04-11-2014, 03:01 PM

Here are the Wonderlic scores for some notable QBs:
– Eli Manning: 39
– Tony Romo: 37
– Andrew Luck: 37
– Aaron Rodgers: 35
– Tom Brady: 33
– Peyton Manning: 28

BossChief
04-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Gargle that spunk!

I almost started to debate...until I saw who posted this.

The only reason you don't like him is because he doesn't have an arrowhead on his helmet.

TEX
04-11-2014, 03:07 PM

Yep. Just "Chiefs Luck" that we get the #1 pick in the draft the year between Luck & Manziel. Of COURSE it would work out that way.... :banghead:

TEX
04-11-2014, 03:11 PM
LOL

The lack of playing time in college should be a concern.

I agree. Thats why he needs to go to a place and learn for a season or so then become the starter. Thats probably not going to happen. I bet though wherever he goes that he doesnt start right away. I could be wrong though....

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Here are the Wonderlic scores for some notable QBs:
– Eli Manning: 39
– Tony Romo: 37
– Andrew Luck: 37
– Aaron Rodgers: 35
– Tom Brady: 33
– Peyton Manning: 28

Dude, he panics like a girl in pressure situations. He's not mentally tough, regardless of how smart he is.

Dave Lane
04-11-2014, 03:22 PM
LMAO Alex was supposed to be injured last season. What happened?

<=====sarcasm

BCD

BigMeatballDave
04-11-2014, 03:30 PM
I almost started to debate...until I saw who posted this.

The only reason you don't like him is because he doesn't have an arrowhead on his helmet.

LOL

Gurgle

BigMeatballDave
04-11-2014, 03:36 PM
You don't think Reid's system would favor a guy like Manziel? It favors a guy like Alex Smith, who has similar strengths and similar issues.

Never said that.

I just like slinging shit at folks who, well, are acting like Boss.

Mr. Laz
04-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Just because both guys can scramble it doesn't make them the same.

Smith is disciplined, Manziel is not(at least yet)

imo Reid wants more discipline

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Just because both guys can scramble it doesn't make them the same.

Smith is disciplined, Manziel is not(at least yet)

imo Reid wants more discipline

If by disciplined, you mean "careful" certainly.

Alex Smith performs better outside the pocket, just like Manziel. Alex Smith struggles with his accuracy in a straight drop, just like Manziel. Alex Smith lacks elite arm strength, just like Manziel.

Of course Alex can read defenses better - he's 29 years old and is an NFL veteran.

Outside of that, there's a ton of similarities. The only real dissimilarity is their willingness to take risks and even Alex turned that up a notch at the end of the season.

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 04:22 PM
As for Reid wanting more discipline, he did acquire Michael Vick. Donovan McNabb wasn't the most disciplined player either.

Mr. Laz
04-11-2014, 04:30 PM
just draft a QB in round 1 ... doesn't matter which one

every year our 1st round pick should be a QB until we get an elite one

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 04:32 PM

Didn't say that.

By the same token, though, every QB that comes out of college isn't "not worthy".

Molitoth
04-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Dude, he panics like a girl in pressure situations. He's not mentally tough, regardless of how smart he is.

I knowZ. Just sayin, he has it upstairs but just doesn't have that IT factor in clutch situations.

Deberg_1990
04-11-2014, 04:46 PM

There are far more 1st round QBs who suck or are just average than there are truly great ones.

htismaqe
04-11-2014, 04:51 PM
There are far more 1st round QBs who suck or are just average than there are truly great ones.

But the truly great ones come out of the 1st round more often than all of the other rounds combined...

Deberg_1990
04-11-2014, 04:58 PM
But the truly great ones come out of the 1st round more often than all of the other rounds combined...

Understood. But you have to choose the RIGHT QB. you can't just arbitrarily choose a QB in the 1st round "just because". That's how you end up with a Jim Druckenmiller and countless others.

I dont get why people bag on A Smith so much? Hes not Manning, but hes plenty good enough.

A team just won a SB with a 3rd rounder whos actually fairly similar to A. Smith. Although guys around here will never admit it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-11-2014, 07:22 PM
There's "no doubt" he's "possibly" the next Joe Montana? How does that make any ****ing sense. 60% of the time it works every time.

If Manziel falls to KC at 23 and KC takes him, IMO it will be a waste of a draft pick. He's got fail written all over him. All successful QBs in the NFL operate from the pocket first and run only when neccessary.

I'm beginning to believe you're truly just dumb.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Can't wait for the Manziel era to begin. he won't be a Chief but by god he's gonna be fun to watch !

LoneWolf
04-11-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm beginning to believe you're truly just dumb.

I'm dumb because I believe a small, run first QB with an average arm will fail in the NFL? Tell me something Einstein, what QB that fits that description has ever had sustained success in the NFL.

I know you hear the cool nickname and see Manziel running around on SportsCenter and you get harder than one of your hogs at jerking time, but history shows that it is very unlikely that Manziel will be a great NFL QB.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-11-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm dumb because I believe a small, run first QB with an average arm will fail in the NFL? Tell me something Einstein, what QB that fits that description has ever had sustained success in the NFL.

I know you hear the cool nickname and see Manziel running around on SportsCenter and you get harder than one of your hogs at jerking time, but history shows that it is very unlikely that Manziel will be a great NFL QB.

you're failure is that you're trying to compare him to any past QB.

He has no comparison. he's a talent that comes around once every 50 years.

GloryDayz
04-11-2014, 08:21 PM
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/crushing-walnuts-5100793.jpg

LoneWolf
04-11-2014, 08:33 PM

I get that you're trolling, but you better hope Manziel has a Hall of Fame career or you're going to have all these Manziel slurping posts shoved in your face for years.

stonedstooge
04-11-2014, 08:42 PM

Fran Tarkenton played that game

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-12-2014, 06:18 AM
I get that you're trolling, but you better hope Manziel has a Hall of Fame career or you're going to have all these Manziel slurping posts shoved in your face for years.

Yep, I can see him having a bad game and the ensuing pile on. If he's a Brown or Jag it won't be good for him. If he's a Texan or ends up with a decent team he'll be a winner. But for you idiots to just say he'll fail BECAUSE is jut dumb !

houstonwhodat
04-12-2014, 06:39 AM
You gotta draft him.

White is Right.

BigMeatballDave
04-12-2014, 06:46 AM

LMAO

htismaqe
04-12-2014, 07:29 AM
Understood. But you have to choose the RIGHT QB. you can't just arbitrarily choose a QB in the 1st round "just because". That's how you end up with a Jim Druckenmiller and countless others.

I dont get why people bag on A Smith so much? Hes not Manning, but hes plenty good enough.

A team just won a SB with a 3rd rounder whos actually fairly similar to A. Smith. Although guys around here will never admit it.

Russell Wilson has elite accuracy. ELITE.

Something Alex Smith will never have.

houstonwhodat
04-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Russell Wilson has elite accuracy. ELITE.

Something Alex Smith will never have.

Dude give me break.

Russel Wilson is an average quarterback at best. What because he's short all of a sudden he's the next Drew Brees?

The only reason they made the Super Bowl is no one could stop Marshawn Lynch and their entire thug defense was allowed to mug receivers on every play. They interfered with everyone and never got called. That's their MO and they've even admitted to it during interviews.

Plus the NFL and their referees had a political agenda to fulfill.

Too bad Russel isn't black AND gay then he would be their all time media darling.

I got nothing against RW but he could NEVER never carry a team on his back to win a SB like a Drew or Brady or Peyton, etc.

Check out the Super Bowl stats between Wilson and Drew and look at the difference.

milkman
04-12-2014, 08:27 AM
Dude give me break.

Russel Wilson is an average quarterback at best. What because he's short all of a sudden he's the next Drew Brees?

The only reason they made the Super Bowl is no one could stop Marshawn Lynch and their entire thug defense was allowed to mug receivers on every play. They interfered with everyone and never got called. That's their MO and they've even admitted to it during interviews.

Too bad Russel isn't black AND gay then he would be their all time media darling.

I got nothing against RW but he could NEVER never carry a team on his back to win a SB like a Drew or Brady or Peyton, etc.

Check out the Super Bowl stats between Wilson and Drew and look at the difference.

When did Brady or Manning carry a team to a SB win?
And how many SBs did Brees win when the Saints defense hasn't been opportunistic?

htismaqe
04-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Dude give me break.

You're changing the argument.

The comparison was between Russell Wilson and ALEX SMITH, not Manning or Brees or Brady.

Russell Wilson has elite ACCURACY. I didn't say he was "elite".

O.city
04-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Rodgers is the only qb i remember carrying a team to a SB.

cardken2
04-12-2014, 09:24 AM

Two words Doug Flutie

houstonwhodat
04-12-2014, 12:20 PM
You're changing the argument.

The comparison was between Russell Wilson and ALEX SMITH, not Manning or Brees or Brady.

Russell Wilson has elite ACCURACY. I didn't say he was "elite".

Compared to Alex Smith Wilson IS elite.

Hell David Carr is maybe too. OK that's going overboard.

The thing Russel Wilson has going for him that I hope Manziel picks up on is he's a humble nice guy.

Not a partyer enjoying his celebrity which we know Manziel likes to do.

Speaking of David Carr, he was drafted no.1 with high hopes then he went to the shitty asked Texans with no O line and set new records for most sacks.

The same thing is going to happen to Manziel if he goes to a shitty team with shitty management. He'll be running for his life and we will never know what he could have been"

You can win a lot during the regular season with a serviceable qb, Schaub, Smith, Wilson but to win it all you need a great QB.

Wilson got lucky he landed on a team with a good defense.

WhiteWhale
04-12-2014, 12:35 PM

The thing Russel Wilson has going for him that I hope Manziel picks up on is he's a humble nice guy.

Speaking of David Carr, he was drafted no.1 with high hopes then he went to the shitty asked Texans with no O line and set new records for most sacks.

The same thing is going to happen to Manziel if he goes to a shitty team with shitty management. He'll be running for his life and we will never know what he could have been"

You can win a lot during the regular season with a serviceable qb, Schaub, Smith, Wilson but to win it all you need a great QB.

I would call you dumb, but I think we all know the real reason you dislike Wilson and it has nothing to do with his playing ability.

houstonwhodat
04-12-2014, 12:37 PM
I would call you dumb, but I think we all know the real reason you dislike Wilson and it has nothing to do with his playing ability.

He's not black asshole he's mostly Native American.

Plus he's married to a white girl.

BigMeatballDave
04-12-2014, 12:56 PM
He's not black asshole he's mostly Native American.

Plus he's married to a white girl.

He's mostly black, dumbass. Do some research.

Some native American, yes.

Could you be more racist?

TripleThreat
04-12-2014, 01:05 PM

Guaranteed lol

Dave Lane
04-12-2014, 01:35 PM

We should never draft one, offensive line only in round 1

Dave Lane
04-12-2014, 01:40 PM
There are far more 1st round College Players who suck or are just average than there are truly great ones.

FYP to deal with reality

milkman
04-12-2014, 01:59 PM

Carr didn't suck because of his offensive line.
His offensive line sucked because of him.

Stanley Nickels
04-12-2014, 04:18 PM

:spock:

wut