PDA

View Full Version : Football Browns, Bucs & Lions. Is this shit real?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-01-2014, 11:18 AM
The Browns are rumored to be interested in Josh McDaniels

The Bucs are rumored to be interested in Scott Pioli

The Lions are rumored to be interviewing Jim Caldwell & Tom Cable for thier HC postion

Snapplez
01-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Shitty franchises make shitty decisions

TribalElder
01-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Lions get lovie smith?

Simplicity
01-01-2014, 11:20 AM
HERM!!!!11!!!!!11!!

WhawhaWhat
01-01-2014, 11:23 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/24gog0w.gif

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Caldwell can hire the sign language guy from the Mendela funeral as a spokesman
Cable & Suh will be fighting on the sidelines

FloridaMan88
01-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Lions might be interviewing Caldwell just to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

ping2000
01-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Shitty franchises make shitty decisions

Yeah, we hired Pioli, Crennel, Herm, Gunther, Frank Gansz, etc. we are hardly a brain trust.

Rausch
01-01-2014, 11:30 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/24gog0w.gif

LMAO

Snapplez
01-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Yeah, we hired Pioli, Crennel, Herm, Gunther, Frank Gansz, etc. we are hardly a brain trust.

Shut up :cuss:

Lex Luthor
01-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Everybody says the Lions need disclipline. Tom Cable will break your jaw if you get out of line. Sounds like a pretty good choice to me.

Rausch
01-01-2014, 11:53 AM
PLEASE hire them all...

Bowser
01-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Why is it so hard to see that hiring Patriot coaches/front office guys is an illusion? The Patriot Way is two people - Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. But the Browns will likely hire McDaniels because they're the Browns, completely forgetting how he gutted the Broncos in two seasons.

Sassy Squatch
01-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Lions might as well hire Mangino if they want discipline. He will bordeline torture you if you get out of line.

Mav
01-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Oh, the Browns are hiring the trifecta.

Jim Schwartz. Josh McDaniels, and on top of having Hoyer, are also trading for Ryan Mallett.

No, I can confirm, this shit is beyond a nightmare. They are trying to make their REAL LIFE, much more ridiculous than the movie with Kevin Costner.

Lightrise
01-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Everybody says the Lions need disclipline. Tom Cable will break your jaw if you get out of line. Sounds like a pretty good choice to me.

This is meaningless of course, but even at 70 Marty Schottenheimer would win a Super Bowl with the Lions. I can't think of anybody else on earth that can get that done. We'll see.

bevischief
01-01-2014, 11:57 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

In58men
01-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Damn. Poor Brown fans. They are a true joke

Rausch
01-01-2014, 12:01 PM
This is meaningless of course, but even at 70 Marty Schottenheimer would win a Super Bowl with the Lions. I can't think of anybody else on earth that can get that done. We'll see.

http://replygif.net/i/1084.gif

Sassy Squatch
01-01-2014, 12:03 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1084.gif
LMAO

Al Bundy
01-01-2014, 12:10 PM
The Bucs are NOT interested in Fat Scott. That was a rumor floated by Anthony Becht because he has a buddy buddy relationship with Pioli.

-King-
01-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Lions should hire Lovie Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
01-01-2014, 12:19 PM
I would hate to be an owner in search of a coach right now, there isn't a name out there that would interest me in the slightest, outside of Gruden.

The only way i'd even consider Lovie, is if i got to pick his OC.

ThaVirus
01-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Lions should hire Lovie Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think Lovie is a great coach and could work wonders with that team's talent.

They really need to reel in Stafford though. I had read an article on NFL.com that Stafford said he wasn't interested in working with a coach on his mechanics. Said it wasn't his style or some bullshit. Dude will never learn..

chiefzilla1501
01-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Damn. Poor Brown fans. They are a true joke

Interviewing McDaniels and Todd Bowles. Tree guys, what do you know. These Bellichick guys are a complete joke.

bevischief
01-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Hope all this crap is true...................... I don't give a damn either way.

Red Dawg
01-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Shut up :cuss:

SHUUUUUT UUUUUUUP!

Red Dawg
01-01-2014, 12:30 PM
I would hate to be an owner in search of a coach right now, there isn't a name out there that would interest me in the slightest, outside of Gruden.

The only way i'd even consider Lovie, is if i got to pick his OC.

Gruden is a scared little bitch. He got lucky and is afraid to ruin his bullshit rep of being a good coach by trying again. He hides from coaching.

GoChargers
01-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Rumor has it that the Browns were actually TURNED DOWN by McDumbass, and they're reduced to begging Gus Malzahn for an interview.

Bowser
01-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Rumor has it that the Browns were actually TURNED DOWN by McDumbass, and they're reduced to begging Gus Malzahn for an interview.

Seriously, who would want to go coach that team. The Browns now are the Cardinals of the 90's, pre Jake Plummer. A disaster.

Sassy Squatch
01-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Poor Browns

Easy 6
01-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Gruden is a scared little bitch. He got lucky and is afraid to ruin his bullshit rep of being a good coach by trying again. He hides from coaching.

I really doubt he's scared, he just wants the moon and stars... talented roster particularly at QB, tons of control and a buttload of money.

Bowser
01-01-2014, 12:40 PM

Quite possibly true, not mentioning that he has a pretty cush high paying job right now.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-01-2014, 12:50 PM
I can't piss on anyone. I was ok with giving Romeo another shot.

Bowser
01-01-2014, 12:58 PM
I can't piss on anyone. I was ok with giving Romeo another shot.

And what have you learned from that?

ChiefRocka
01-01-2014, 01:08 PM
I really liked Chud, would've been good for the franchise.

BossChief
01-01-2014, 01:19 PM

If true, the guy is dumber than I thought. He would be going into a situation he would be able to pick a quarterback to groom behind Hoyer (who should be back to 100% by next season) and be a savior.

The Browns looked pretty damn good with Hoyer and have 2 first round picks to work with.

Draft Sammy Watkins at 4 to pair with Josh Gordon at receiver and come back with the pick from the Colts and add another weapon like a Marquis Lee, Jace Amaro (to run those 2 TE sets) Austin Jenkins or Eric Ebron...or take another QB is one is on the board.

Heck, they could even move the Indy pick or their second rounder to make a trade for Mallett (Who Josh has coached in NE) or Kirk Cousins from Washington.

That team has a SET defense and has the ammunition to get that offense a "very dangerous" distinction.

Any offensive coach that doesn't want that job is a straight up fool...all he has to do is leave the defense untouched and basically be a glorified OC and gain all the credit.

Bowser
01-01-2014, 01:22 PM
If true, the guy is dumber than I thought. He would be going into a situation he would be able to pick a quarterback to groom behind Hoyer (who should be back to 100% by next season) and be a savior.

The Browns looked pretty damn good with Hoyer and have 2 first round picks to work with.

Draft Sammy Watkins at 4 to pair with Josh Gordon at receiver and come back with the pick from the Colts and add another weapon like a Marquis Lee, Jace Amaro (to run those 2 TE sets) Austin Jenkins or Eric Ebron...or take another QB is one is on the board.

Heck, they could even move the Indy pick or their second rounder to make a trade for Mallett (Who Josh has coached in NE) or Kirk Cousins from Washington.

That team has a SET defense and has the ammunition to get that offense a "very dangerous" distinction.

Any offensive coach that doesn't want that job is a straight up fool...all he has to do is leave the defense untouched and basically be a glorified OC and gain all the credit.

All of what you say is true, but the problem is that seeing Chud get the axe after one season doesn't exactly entice coaches to come there. Cleveland's ownership group is just straight up awful, and they're going to have to work hard to get someone either reputable or with a legit coaching future to come there.

mcaj22
01-01-2014, 01:24 PM

That SET defense requires someone like McDouche to keep a Ray Horton there that actually knows how to run a defense. But we have seen first hand how Pats frauds dont like to play well with others outside their little fraud bubble in the sandbox.

He could destroy that defense by being inept, because that's what Pats frauds do.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2014, 01:24 PM

This. Like chiefs fans have any room to talk. This franchise has been a dumpster fire for the better part of a decade.

TEX
01-01-2014, 01:26 PM

I hear ya but not if he doesnt believe in his abilities and wants to keep his safe gig riding coat tails. Also Id think twice about going anyplace that just fired their HC after only 1 season.

BossChief
As far as the Lions go, IMO they should be giving Jon Gruden some calls to gauge his interest. The guy has a good offensive mind and is smart enough to get a team like the Lions back to playoff appearances. If there isn't enough interest, they should look at the playoff field of coaches (mainly offensive guys) for the HC spot.

That team needs an offensive mind running the show, not a defensive one.

Sassy Squatch
This. Like chiefs fans have any room to talk. This franchise has been a dumpster fire for the better part of a decade.
Fuck you. We have all the room we want to talk. We are shitty hire connoisseurs.

booger
01-01-2014, 01:28 PM
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator.
What the Browns are doing, we have no clue. Rob Chudzinski assembled a star-studded coordinator pairing in OC Norv Turner and DC Ray Horton last offseason. Horton is one of the brighter defensive minds in the game. The Browns have told him he can seek employment elsewhere, and he'll have zero trouble landing on his feet. Schwartz worked with the Browns as a scout from 1993-1995 when Bill Belichick was the coach. Current Browns GM Mike Lombardi was also on that staff. Schwartz coordinated the Titans defense from 2001-2008. Of course, the Browns have no idea who their next head coach will be. Jan 1 - 2:16 PM

BossChief
01-01-2014, 01:30 PM
That SET defense requires someone like McDouche to keep a Ray Horton there that actually knows how to run a defense. But we have seen first hand how Pats frauds dont like to play well with others outside their little fraud bubble in the sandbox.

He could destroy that defense by being inept, because that's what Pats frauds do.

Good point.

He straight up neutered his DC when he was in Denver. He would need to learn from that mistake and know going in that he needs to keep his hands off the defense.

Sassy Squatch
01-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Fuck off Sutton Horton's riding in.

Hoover
01-01-2014, 01:32 PM
If I'm the Lions the only guy I want is Mike Shannahan. They need an offensive coach with all that talent. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Kukiak would be his OC.

Snapplez
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Browns are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator.
What the Browns are doing, we have no clue. Rob Chudzinski assembled a star-studded coordinator pairing in OC Norv Turner and DC Ray Horton last offseason. Horton is one of the brighter defensive minds in the game. The Browns have told him he can seek employment elsewhere, and he'll have zero trouble landing on his feet. Schwartz worked with the Browns as a scout from 1993-1995 when Bill Belichick was the coach. Current Browns GM Mike Lombardi was also on that staff. Schwartz coordinated the Titans defense from 2001-2008. Of course, the Browns have no idea who their next head coach will be. Jan 1 - 2:16 PM

Why would they hire a defensive coordinator before a head coach? Wouldn't that imply the HC has already been picked and wants Schwartz? That's really weird

Hoover
Horton's not getting any play this year, which is surprising.

mcaj22
01-01-2014, 01:34 PM
lol Jim Schwartz and McDouche over Norv Turner and Ray Horton?

THEY THINK THAT'S AN UPGRADE?

mcaj22
01-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Why would they hire a defensive coordinator before a head coach? Wouldn't that imply the HC has already been picked and wants Schwartz? That's really weird

Schwartz is part of the tree of frauds. He's in the bubble. (95 Browns with all your favorite shitters)

GloucesterChief
01-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Why would you hire Schwartz whose team in Detroit was the poster child for talented but completely undisciplined to run your defense. Defense in this day in age needs to be very disciplined......

BossChief
01-01-2014, 01:48 PM
They just spent all that money on scheme specific defensive players are are most likely gonna move back to a 4-3?

Haha

Ok

booger
01-01-2014, 01:49 PM

Because it's Cleveland!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-01-2014, 01:53 PM
And what have you learned from that?

That I'm a dumbass like most NFL execs

Strongside
01-01-2014, 01:55 PM
The Browns are completely fucked. That franchise will never be successful. The Raiders are better at footballing than these clowns.

tk13
01-01-2014, 01:56 PM
I missed it in this thread... I said the same thing in the other thread. I don't get what Cleveland is doing. This is weird, even for them.

Bowser
01-01-2014, 01:59 PM
I missed it in this thread... I said the same thing in the other thread. I don't get what Cleveland is doing. This is weird, even for them.

The owner had an epiphany after watching Major League and is trying his best to get his team moved to Los Angeles.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2014, 02:01 PM
They let Horton go?

Lombardi is a fucking moron.

booger
01-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Todd Bowles was rumored to turn them down too. If not he surely likely will now. He's a DC who won't be able to choose his own DC there. No one will if they are set on it being Schwartz. If it's not Josh McDouche it's going to be a puppet whoever takes it. Hell, that's what Snyder did was choose Jim Zorn as his OC before hiring a HC. Then just promoted Zorn when no one else wanted the job.

-King-
01-01-2014, 02:06 PM
I think Lovie is a great coach and could work wonders with that team's talent.

They really need to reel in Stafford though. I had read an article on NFL.com that Stafford said he wasn't interested in working with a coach on his mechanics. Said it wasn't his style or some bullshit. Dude will never learn..

Yeah its pretty sad. Reggie Bush tried to call a team meeting during the season when they started losing and Stafford said they didn't need one. The guy isn't a leader and isn't interested in getting better if it isn't on his own terms.
Posted via Mobile Device

booger
01-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Hey Dan Quinn, this is Mike Lombardi. Come for an interview we like what you've done with the seahawks D. Oh by the way, we have the Defense covered with Jim Schwartz coming to take over that side of the ball

mcaj22
01-01-2014, 02:09 PM
this is Cleveland's THIRD go around with Pats frauds. How fucked is that. How did you not learn with Romeo and Mangini

notorious
01-01-2014, 02:09 PM
It's Real.

Real Stupid.

BossChief
01-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Why?

Even a casual fan of the Browns can tell you that all they needed to do was leave the defense UNTOUCHED and get the offense a playmaker that doesn't have Cameron or Gordon on his jersey.

Ray Horton is a much better DC than Schwartz.

BossChief
01-01-2014, 02:12 PM
this is Cleveland's THIRD go around with Pats frauds. How ****ed is that. How did you not learn with Romeo and Mangini

Unbelievable.

tk13
01-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Offensive coordinator Norv Turner spoke up when Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner talked to the coaching staff Monday about the firing of coach Rob Chudzinski, according to sources familiar with the situation.

Whether it was a challenge or a calm question seems a matter of interpretation. Two sources said Turner was angry and spoke that way, another said he simply stated his concerns as part of a routine discussion that takes place when such moves are made.

Either way, Turner clearly asked why the staff was told the plan was for a long-term rebuild when the commitment from the front office didn't last a year. Turner also detailed his concern that the coaching staff worked with handicaps given the personnel on the field, the sources said.

Among his points were that the staff was told repeatedly the team was building for 2014, that the running back situation was never solved after the trade of Trent Richardson, the roster was constantly juggled, and the team fired a coach after he had to start three different quarterbacks.

The discussion followed Haslam laying out the thinking behind the firing of Chudzinski, which led to questions about the long-term plan for the team. A few seconds of calm followed, and Haslam asked if there were more questions.

Turner then spoke, and brought up the long-term plan and why the coaching staff would not be allowed to see it through. The implication was that coaches felt they went along with decisions all season that pointed to a committed rebuild, then had the lack of success in 2013 used against them.

Haslam and Banner explained the decision the same way they did to the media: The lack of progress late in the season was a downward trajectory the front office did not accept.

Sources said Turner did a slow boil throughout the season at the talent the coaches were given. That Chudzinski was fired given those limits prompted him to speak up.

Turner has been an NFL coach for 30 years, for 14 as a head coach with the Washington Redskins, San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders.

He is not expected to stay with the Browns. Banner said the team would allow all the assistants to seek other jobs and that the new hire would determine his staff.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10223278/norv-turner-questioned-cleveland-browns-firing-rob-chudzinski

Bowser
01-01-2014, 02:13 PM
*factory of sadness video*

Bowser
01-01-2014, 02:15 PM
"Sources said Turner did a slow boil"

I shouldn't have, but I laughed.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Fucking Patriot clique.

Haslam will be blowing this thing up in a few years.

booger
01-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Why?

Even a casual fan of the Browns can tell you that all they needed to do was leave the defense UNTOUCHED and get the offense a playmaker that doesn't have Cameron or Gordon on his jersey.

Ray Horton is a much better DC than Schwartz.

if they had any sense they would at least interview horton for the head job and consider throwning some serious cash at some offensive assistants although the ernhart perkins tree is pretty bare

Eleazar
They have a Pioli-led-Chiefs-like environment to their team. Why would any coach want to coach there? Why would any player want to sign there?

GloucesterChief
I guess this does answer the question. The Browns do indeed have the three stooges running their organization.

booger
good for Norv to have some Balls. He has always seemed like quite the pushover

-King-
01-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Browns making sure they follow each stupid decision with an even stupider decision.

Pretty interesting strategy.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
01-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Is there ANY QUESTION that the whole BB tree is strictly sent out to destroy other teams?

One has to begin to wonder if that is by design.

Bowser
01-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Is there ANY QUESTION that the whole BB tree is strictly sent out to destroy other teams?

One has to begin to wonder if that is by design.

Sure as hell seems like it.

Can't wait to watch what that team does when Brady calls it a career. Wonder if they'll come down on ticket prices at all. :hmmm:

ThaVirus
01-01-2014, 02:26 PM

That is a whole new level of retard.

Just Passin' By
01-01-2014, 02:26 PM
****ing Patriot clique.

When did Haslam and Banner morph into members of the Patriots?

ThaVirus
01-01-2014, 02:28 PM
That franchise could use a good axe murdering.

mcaj22
01-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Norv had ONE player to work with on offense and he did exactly that. Made that guy the 2nd best WR NFL. How is that a DOWNWARD TRAJECTORY? They lost games because they have no fucking talent on offense.

FloridaMan88
01-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Cleveland had several close losses… New England, Chicago and KC to name a few.

Considering they don't have a QB, a RB and several other key pieces it is amazing they won 4 games with a chance (in close losses) to win at least 2-3 more (against good teams as well).

I feel sorry for Cleveland fans.

BossChief
01-01-2014, 02:36 PM
It's a shame because that team had a chance to rise from the ashes next year.

mcaj22
01-01-2014, 02:36 PM
team was set for the future too now they are going to get fleeced in a pick for Mallet. Go into the season with Mallet, Hoyer, Pats scraps and then their 34 defense crumble at the change to that shitty 43 and all be out of position.

ThaVirus
01-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Norv had ONE player to work with on offense and he did exactly that. Made that guy the 2nd best WR NFL. How is that a DOWNWARD TRAJECTORY? They lost games because they have no ****ing talent on offense.

Whoever comes in will have a good start with Gordon, Cameron, Mack and Thomas.

They don't have a ground game but I'd never worry about RB in today's league. You really can find good running backs anywhere. Unfortunately, they're weak at the most important position- QB. If they can fix that (tough, I know I know) and shore up the right side of the line, they can do some work.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2014, 02:41 PM
When did Haslam and Banner morph into members of the Patriots?

Lombardi, Schwartz, McDaniels, etc

mcaj22
01-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Whoever comes in will have a good start with Gordon, Cameron, Mack and Thomas.

They don't have a ground game but I'd never worry about RB in today's league. You really can find good running backs anywhere. Unfortunately, they're weak at the most important position- QB. If they can fix that (tough, I know I know) and shore up the right side of the line, they can do some work.

TJ Ward, Alex Mack, and Craig Robertson are all FAs. We will see what they do.

I'd welcome all 3 on the Chiefs with open arms and have a ten foot boner if the Browns don't want anything to do with them.

BossChief
01-01-2014, 02:43 PM
team was set for the future too now they are going to get fleeced in a pick for Mallet. Go into the season with Mallet, Hoyer, Pats scraps and then their 34 defense crumble at the change to that shitty 43 and all be out of position.

Yup.

I mean, if Josh was hired and left the defense alone, getting a Josh McDaniels might have been a solid hire.

How long until they trade away Jordan Cameron and Josh Gordon?

Seriously.

Bowser
01-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Yup.

I mean, if Josh was hired and left the defense alone, getting a Josh McDaniels might have been a solid hire.

Seriously.

Along with Hoyer (not exactly Cutler, but still).

mcaj22
01-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Browns have a lot of good players that are FAs in 2015. They either are going to have throw a shitload of money around in extensions in the next year or lose a lot of talent, basically going all in on a rebuild of the new Pats Frauds "own guys."

we know how Pats frauds like to draft and force their own guys into the fire no matter how shitty they are.

BossChief
01-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Along with Hoyer (not exactly Cutler, but still).

No way. Hoyer has a history in the offense Josh runs.

Make no mistake...Hoyer played at a high level last year and wouldn't have a huge learning curve to run McDs o. He wouldn't be going anywhere.

bevischief
01-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Let them go full retard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Passin' By
01-01-2014, 02:54 PM

Ok, but if you're tying Schwartz into it, how does that leave Chud out of it? He was the O.C. for Crennel in Cleveland.

Bowser
01-01-2014, 02:54 PM
No way. Hoyer has a history in the offense Josh runs.

Make no mistake...Hoyer played at a high level last year and wouldn't have a huge learning curve to run McDs o. He wouldn't be going anywhere.

"shouldn't"

Who knows what the Patriot Way disciples will do. All I know that it is nice to be watching a train wreck in progress from a distance for a change.

booger
01-01-2014, 02:55 PM

Plus Todd Bowles, a Parcells guy who they want to interview. Most likely their rooney rule interview. No confirmation but he's rumored to have turned them down. I would too. He was interviewed by them a couple years ago when they hired Shurmur IIRC :) why the hell would he want to go waste his time again.

BossChief
01-01-2014, 02:56 PM
Browns have a lot of good players that are FAs in 2015. They either are going to have throw a shitload of money around in extensions in the next year or lose a lot of talent, basically going all in on a rebuild of the new Pats Frauds "own guys."

we know how Pats frauds like to draft and force their own guys into the fire no matter how shitty they are.

They have the cash to extend anyone they want to. Iirc they only have around 90 million in contracts next year and have a bunch (around 15 million iirc) to rollover from this year.

chiefzilla1501
01-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Yup.

Seriously.

Mcdaniels' system was absolute garbage in St. Louis. He reminds me in a lot of ways of lane kiffin. Will probably forever be a good football guy, but has a terrible personality to lead a team.

tk13
01-01-2014, 02:57 PM
"shouldn't"

Who knows what the Patriot Way disciples will do. All I know that it is nice to be watching a train wreck in progress from a distance for a change.

Sorry, we've traded you to the Browns forum for a 4th round pick and a poster named LombardiNextBelichick

Bowser
01-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Sorry, we've traded you to the Browns forum for a 4th round pick and a poster named LombardiNextBelichick

That psychic I went to was dead on about my 2014.

Mav
01-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Fucking Patriot clique.

He is the biggest part of the problem

chiefzilla1501
01-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Ok, but if you're tying Schwartz into it, how does that leave Chud out of it? He was the O.C. for Crennel in Cleveland.

It would be quite interesting if they fire Horton and norv, and hire coordinators who run two gap 3-4 and the Erhardt Perkins offense. Seems that way, because if you hire mcdaniels he will probably scrap norv. Chud is a parcells guy. But he is atypical of a parcells guy because he runs an entirely different offense and defense.

Sorter
01-01-2014, 03:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10223278/norv-turner-questioned-cleveland-browns-firing-rob-chudzinski

I would have loved to see Norv yelling at them.

notorious
01-01-2014, 03:40 PM
I would be done if I was a Cleveland fan.

JFC, Pioli's pile of shit regime nearly drove me away. I can't imagine 3 cycles of that garbage.

Just Passin' By
01-01-2014, 03:45 PM
I would be done if I was a Cleveland fan.

JFC, Pioli's pile of shit regime nearly drove me away. I can't imagine 3 cycles of that garbage.

Look at the Cleveland history. Crennel (2007) and Belichick (1994) are the last two coaches to get them to double digit wins, and it was Schottenheimer before that (1988). The Chiefs have been livin' large in comparison.

Bewbies
01-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Look at the Cleveland history. Crennel (2007) and Belichick (1994) are the last two coaches to get them to double digit wins, and it was Schottenheimer before that (1988).

Butch Davis?

Just Passin' By
01-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Butch Davis?

His best year was 9-7. It was a playoff year, though, while Crennel's 10 win seasons wasn't, so I guess it would depend on how you chose to measure the success.

tk13
01-01-2014, 03:56 PM
It's not just wins... they've had double digit losses in like 10 of the last 11 years. I think that's right.

BossChief
01-01-2014, 05:13 PM
If Hoyer doesn't get hurt, that team might have won a lot more games. Maybe even won the division or got the 6th playoff spot.

He won all three of his starts on a team that only won 4 games total.

Chiefshrink
01-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Lions might be interviewing Caldwell just to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

This a million times.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2014, 05:30 PM

Schwartz worked with Lombardi in Cleveland under Belichick.

Birds of a feather. Clique. These guys are thick as thieves.

Not sure why you are struggling with this.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2014, 05:34 PM

Chud never worked under Belichick.

Chiefshrink
01-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Every organization already knows who they want. It's all poker at this point until all the chips are pushed to the middle.

Last year Clark played all in, in the beginning at it paid off.:clap:

mcaj22
01-01-2014, 05:51 PM
think of it in terms of WWF/WWE,

Belichick, Lombardi, Schwartz, Scooter, Saban, Magini, Dimitroff, Tannebum, etc

those guys are like the HBK, HHH, Razor Ramon, Diesel, 123 Kid Kliq of the 90s. But wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shittier.

Easy 6
01-01-2014, 06:06 PM
We should send Marty Mac and a few others to the Browns boards to help them get organized for a media blitz.

They deserve better than whats going on right now.

Bowser
01-02-2014, 12:09 PM
The firing of coach Rob Chudzinski after only one season in Cleveland has made Browns players angry.

The Cleveland Browns fired their third head coach in four seasons this week, creating even more instability within an already unstable organization and setting off their players.

Rob Chudzinski was let go after only one season, meaning the Browns will conduct yet another coaching search this offseason. While Cleveland players were unhappy about their 4-12 record, they were infuriated by Chudzinski'€™s firing.

"€śThis organization is a joke,"€ť one Browns veteran told NFL Network'€™s Michael Silver. "I'€™m completely in the dark about this. Please [rip them]. I feel for Chud. He was good to us."€ť

Another veteran took issue with ownership, specifically when talking about the carousel of head coaches who have passed through the organization over the past few seasons.

"€śWe are so dysfunctional,"€ť the player said. "€śThese billionaires need to pick somebody and stay with them. These aren'€™t girlfriends. You can'€™t dump them if they [fail to please you] one time. Too many dominoes fall and (screw stuff) up when that happens. This is highly upsetting."

The Browns now are in search of their fourth head coach since 2010 and their fifth since 2008. Eric Mangini (2009-10), Pat Shurmur (2011-12) and Chudzinski (2013) all failed to meet expectations early in their tenures and were fired before they really had a chance to establish themselves. One Browns player was so infuriated by Chudzinski's release that he called the move a "€śtremendous mistake, just epic."€ť

"€śIt makes no sense," the anonymous Browns player told Silver. "€śEverything we did this year was setting up the future --€” trading draft picks, trading players for next year's picks, playing young guys toward the end of the year to see what they look like, sitting older guys at the end to get them healthy when they could have played.

"This is such a rash decision. They just (expletive) hired him last year! The whole year we were making all decisions for the future and now you're pissed the coach didn'€™t win this year? What the (heck)? It was like a big experiment with players and scheme. I think it came from upstairs, and then they are surprised we didn'€™t win more games? Yes, it'€™s all about patience and then fire your coach Year 1. This blows."€ť

Josh McDaniels has been rumored as a primary target for the Browns€™ job. He's scheduled to interview with Cleveland soon, per Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer.

http://t.foxsports.msn.com/nfl/browns-players-rip-ownership-call-team-a-joke

htismaqe
01-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Michael Lombardi is an absolute moron. It's hilarious.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-02-2014, 12:20 PM
The Browns get the Fist Pump

Bowser
01-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Michael Lombardi is an absolute moron. It's hilarious.

Can't wait to watch another Patriots West experiment go up in an inferno. I will feel sorry for the players, though. Especially the vets that have had to deal with that crap year after year.

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 12:29 PM
A lot of what I've been reading points to the treatment of Hoyer by the coaching staff as a problem spot.

mcaj22
01-02-2014, 01:57 PM
A lot of what I've been reading points to the treatment of Hoyer by the coaching staff as a problem spot.

as in? Chud didn't like him but the Patriots Frauds high up in the office are in love with him (I know Lombardi is, dude had a lovefest for Hoyer when Lombardi was on the NFL Network). Was there a push-pull conflict over that?

If that's the case, that FO is a joke.

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 02:22 PM
as in? Chud didn't like him but the Patriots Frauds high up in the office are in love with him (I know Lombardi is, dude had a lovefest for Hoyer when Lombardi was on the NFL Network). Was there a push-pull conflict over that?

Here's the longest take on it that I've seen.

The QB in the middle: Hoyer, in my opinion, is a major figure in this tangled web.

Everyone knows that Lombardi was a famously enthusiastic advocate of Hoyer while biding his NFL purgatory with the NFL Network.

When Lombardi successfully acquired Hoyer in May, Rob Chudzinski and Norv Turner already had pretty much committed the entire offseason to readying Brandon Weeden as the starter for the season and Jason Campbell as the fallback option.

In training camp, Hoyer was cast aside by the coaches as the third quarterback. On occasion, Hoyer was banished to a faraway field to throw to the rookie free agents. In my opinion, that cavalier attitude toward Hoyer – not taking him seriously as a viable starting option, ostensibly because he was Lombardi’s “boy” -- was a crucial error in judgment by Chudzinski and Turner.

From that point on, the only thing that would save them was a good year, meaning a good enough record to avoid any sane reasoning for dismissal.

As it happened, circumstances put Hoyer in the lineup in Game 3 – first game after the locker room-deflating trade of Trent Richardson. When Hoyer sparked the team and beat the Vikings, and then followed with a victory over Cincinnati the next week, the stakes rose immensely for the coaches.

Hoyer’s resurgence – as brief as it was – affected many things.

First, it saved face for Banner and Lombardi on the Richardson trade. The spark lit by Hoyer focused attention away from the trade and on winning. Had the team not won immediately, players would have fallen victim to the obvious feeling outside the locker room that the front office had tanked the season to set up 2014. Hoyer played a monumental role in keeping together the room.

Second, Hoyer’s stellar play legitimized Lombardi’s “genius” with Banner, and more importantly, with Haslam, who had his doubts.

Third, Hoyer’s spark hurt the credibility of Chudzinski and Turner with their bosses. A couple weeks after Hoyer’s season ended with an ACL tear, Turner reflected, “Brian’s production really surprised us.”

What I would give to be a fly in the owner’s box when Lombardi discussed that comment with Banner and Haslam as the coaches kept trotting Weeden and then Campbell out there, game after miserable game.

One question always baffled me: Why did it take so long for the Browns to bring in another quarterback after Hoyer went down? My conclusion: Banner and Lombardi must have looked at the coaches and shrugged: “You guys had Hoyer No. 3. Now go ahead and win with your No. 1 and No. 2.”

When I asked about the coaches’ handling of the quarterbacks, Haslam chuckled and turned to Banner. Banner’s response strained credibility. “I don’t have any second guessing of their utilization and teaching of the quarterbacks and the order that they played them in,” he said.

Now, does anybody believe that Haslam and Banner would trust the coaches further on franchise-changing quarterback decisions after whiffing on Hoyer? Not with Lombardi reminding them of it.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=27061

Mav
01-02-2014, 03:22 PM

Absolutely. Tons of double talk. The trich trade. The adding of hoyer. The revolving door at rb. Pathetic.

Mav
01-02-2014, 03:25 PM
They told chud and norv to find what they had in Weeden. Then they threw hoyer on them. The three stooges

lcarus
01-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Fuck you. We have all the room we want to talk. We are shitty hire connoisseurs.

Lol, plus it isn't like the fans had jack shit to do with those hires. Most of us cursed our shitty coaching hires from day 1.

McBeard
01-03-2014, 07:43 AM
McDaniels is from Ohio and grew up a Brown's fan so it makes a little bit of sense in that regard.

Pioli will get another job someday. I know we hate him but he will. He has a pretty good resume if you are realistic about it.

Cable is a good coach and should get another shot. He was good in Oakland and I think think they screwed up letting him go.