PDA

View Full Version : Football Larry Johnson SR interim head coach at Penn State?

displacedinMN
01-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Did I see that right?

on the ticker during the iowa game

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-01-2014, 02:24 PM
It's time to take the Depends off, old man.

KCChiefsFan88
01-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Unless Penn State doesn't anticipate hiring a permanent new HC for a while, not much for an interim HC to do now since they aren't in a bowl game.

Rain Man
01-01-2014, 02:37 PM
He coaches angry. But I guess that's better than coaching pedophiliacly.

threebag
01-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Cakin' Patna

tk13
01-01-2014, 02:42 PM
I don't think he'll be the permanent guy... but maybe he should be considered because he's a long timer there. There seems to be real problems because people were very loyal to Paterno. I'm not sure another outsider will handle it any better.

It's blown up today because apparently Bill O'Brien made this quote to a reporter a month ago after a former Paterno assistant coach was let go.

“You can print this: You can print that I don’t really give a ---- what the ‘Paterno people’ think about what I do with this program. I’ve done everything I can to show respect to Coach Paterno. Everything in my power. So I could really care less about what the Paterno faction of people, or whatever you call them, think about what I do with the program. I’m tired of it.

“For any ‘Paterno person’ to have any objection to what I’m doing, it makes me wanna put my fist through this windshield right now.”

He was just getting started:

“I’m trying to field the most competitive football team I can with near-death penalty ----ing sanctions. Every time I say something like that and somebody prints it, it’s skewed as an excuse. And I’m not an excuse-maker. I’m trying to do the best I can for the kids in that program. That’s all I care about is the kids in that program. As long as I’m the head football coach here.”

I didn’t add exclamation marks where they could have been applied. Otherwise, it might look like something a fan texts after a frustrating loss – with strings of them (!!!!).

I didn’t print the quote right away, either. I did him a favor there. I thought it reflected momentary rage that I had partially induced from my own perception and it wasn’t quite fair.

But now that O’Brien has left and people want to know why, I think it makes sense to print it. It helps explain.

Anyway, I was already a bit stunned because the bombshell had come a few seconds earlier when O’Brien said, off-the-record: “That’s why, in probably about a month, they’re gonna be ----ing looking for a new coach.”

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/01/bill_obrien_the_outsider_arriv.html

nychief
01-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Unless Penn State doesn't anticipate hiring a permanent new HC for a while, not much for an interim HC to do now since they aren't in a bowl game.

recruit.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Larry Johnson Jr. As RB coach?

bevischief
01-01-2014, 02:46 PM
wtf?

Discuss Thrower
01-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Glad to see that reporter burn the O'Brien by putting that last comment there.