PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dwayne Bowe wants to make big-time plays in big-time games

Pages : [1] 2

FloridaMan88
01-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Dwayne Bowe wants to make big-time plays in big-time game

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/01/01/4724405/dwayne-bowe-wants-to-make-big.html

BY RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe knows there’s a difference between making catches and making plays.

Bowe has caught 57 passes this season but has produced few of the signature or game-altering plays that have distinguished his seven seasons as the second-leading receiver in franchise history.

He knows it. His coaches know it. And they all realize Bowe is going to have to make an impact Saturday for the Chiefs to defeat Indianapolis in an opening-round AFC playoff game.

“Your game-changer type players have to show up and make those plays,” offensive coordinator Doug Pederson said.

Bowe, who signed a five-year-contract extension worth up to $56 million last spring and predicted he’d lead the league in receiving, failed to lead the Chiefs in receiving for the first time in five years.

That honor went to running back Jamaal Charles, who caught 70 passes for a team-leading 693 yards and seven touchdowns.

But Charles, called “Public Enemy No. 1” by Colts coach Chuck Pagano, will be a marked man in Indianapolis. So someone else may need to make the big plays on offense.

“I’m ready to go,” Bowe said Wednesday. “Games like this … big-time players make big-time plays, and these are games I mostly show up in … everything on the line, and great preparation all week. It’s win or go home …”

Actually, Bowe was held without a catch in his only postseason appearance, the Chiefs’ 30-7 loss to Baltimore in 2010. The Chiefs had the ball for only 18 minutes, 16 seconds and attempted just 18 passes.

Bowe figures to be targeted early and often against the Colts, as he was two weeks ago when he was targeted 10 times in the Chiefs’ 23-7 loss at Arrowhead Stadium. Bowe caught a pass for nine yards on the first play and drew a pass interference call on the second.

In all, Bowe caught five passes for 46 yards against the Colts and suffered what turned out to be a mild concussion in the fourth quarter when he was struck in the head/neck area by Indianapolis safety LaRon Landry.

Landry, a former college teammate of Bowe’s at LSU, where they were both first-round draft picks in 2007, was called for a personal foul. Bowe left the game, returned for another play, and even practiced last Tuesday before complaining of concussion-like symptoms.

He was held out of last Sunday’s game at San Diego, like most of the other starters, and returned to practice this week.

“I’m fine,” Bowe said. “I had a little minor headache. It was nothing big. Coach was going to rest me anyway. I had time to rest and recover and be fresh for this game.”

The injury didn’t frighten Bowe, even in this day of concussion awareness.

“I didn’t look at like that because I didn’t feel as bad as others felt who had concussions,” Bowe said. “I felt a little tired. There wasn’t any dizziness or problems with vomit … or none of that stuff. It was mainly just fatigue.”

Nor did Bowe harbor any resentment to Landry.

“He was just playing football,” Bowe said. “I talked to him after the game. It wasn’t a dirty hit or anything like that. I was going down, and he was going down. … it’s football. Things like that happen. It wasn’t a vicious or bad hit.”

Bowe, 6 feet 2 and 221 pounds, should enjoy matchup advantages over the Colts’ smaller corners, Vontae Davis, who is 5-11, 204; Greg Toler, 6-0, 190; and Josh Gordy, 5-11, 196.

“The one thing Dwayne is really doing really well right now is utilizing his size and strength, and it’s creating some space for him,” Pederson said. “We want to, get him going, get his hands on the ball as early as we can, because you know somewhere in the second half, he is going to make that clutch play and you have confidence going back to him.”

Bowe, a Pro Bowler in 2010, has accepted his role of doing a lot of the dirty work of running routes that clear space for Charles and blocking downfield on the screens that have worked so well for the Chiefs.

“Everybody has their year … and I’m just proud to be part of a team,” Bowe said. “We have a lot of guys playing the role I had previously in my career. Being an all-around receiver both blocking and receiving … to see those guys prosper … I feel good and happy to be their teammate.”

Some might interpret that as Bowe, 29, admitting he has lost a step and his ability to create separation from defensive backs. Don’t believe it.

“I still got it,” Bowe said. “I’m showing it each and every day in practice. The coaches know I got it. I’m setting up a lot of great things for the offense you see we’re doing right now.”

Mr_Tomahawk
01-01-2014, 08:32 PM
ROFL

Chief Pote
01-01-2014, 08:32 PM
OMG...quit talking Bowe and just catch the fucking ball.

O.city
01-01-2014, 08:33 PM
While this isn't breathtaking stuff, it's good to see players allowed to do stuff and talk like this.

notorious
01-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Sigh.

Chief Pote
01-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Yeah, he lost his step after he got paid. Trade him.

mschiefs1984
If Bowe actually does it Saturday then this will mean something until then it's just words. I hope Bowe really shows up

ClevelandBronco
For what team?

Bowe, who signed a five-year-contract extension worth up to $56 million last spring and predicted he’d lead the league in receiving, failed to lead the Chiefs in receiving for the first time in five years.

That honor went to running back Jamaal Charles, who caught 70 passes for a team-leading 693 yards and seven touchdowns.

Team-leading 693 yards. Didn't know that.

Chief Pote
01-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Bowe said. “I had a little minor headache

Really? Fuckin pussy.

Demonpenz
01-01-2014, 08:35 PM
all sing no bring

The Franchise
01-01-2014, 08:36 PM

Really? Fuckin pussy.

Bowe apparently fucked your wife. Sorry to hear that.

KcMizzou
01-01-2014, 08:38 PM

Really? Fuckin pussy.He wouldn't have played anyway, idiot.

Edit: I should have read the user name. Obvious troll is obvious.

BigRock
01-01-2014, 08:39 PM
He's been purposely holding back. Just like the defense before playing Denver. And the offense last time against Indy.

ClevelandBronco
01-01-2014, 08:40 PM
He's been purposely holding back. Just like the defense before playing Denver. And the offense last time against Indy.

And Romeo last year against the NFL.

Fritz88
01-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Walk the walk on Sunday, Bowe, walk the walk and shut me up.

BroncoDork
01-01-2014, 08:53 PM
I wish you guys well, but it doesn't really bode well for you, unless Indy goes all goofy and tries to fix what worked. Denver tried that last year and got their face pushed in by Baltimore . . . . . . .

threebag
01-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Looks like its time for the BOWE SHOW

Deberg_1990
01-01-2014, 08:56 PM
I thought Bowe was a rookie when the Chiefs played at Indy in the playoff game with herm?

No, that game was Jan of 2007. Bowe got drafted a few months later in 2007.
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy
01-01-2014, 08:58 PM
No, that game was Jan of 2007. Bowe got drafted a few months later in 2007.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I deleted my post once I looked it up. Seems I remember him ganking a td from Gonzales against Indy his rookie year. I thought it was the playoff game. I must be getting all senile and stuff.

Simply Red
01-01-2014, 08:59 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/wb827d.gif

Simply Red
01-01-2014, 09:00 PM
And Romeo last year against the NFL.

Romeo BBM

Sandy Vagina
01-01-2014, 09:02 PM
If there was ever a time to give max effort, this is it, Bowe.

J Diddy
01-01-2014, 09:07 PM

Do they call you Sandy Cheeks because you always have nuts in your mouth?

01-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Kiss my ass you sorry sack of shit bowe. Become consistent and stop dropping the easy passes and then I might respect you a little more.

Oh, and stop pointing to your fucking name you dipshit.

KCFaninSEA
01-01-2014, 09:10 PM
So, DB wants to be big time in a big time game, huh? Don't players usually show up sometime during the season before the big time game?

Bl00dyBizkitz
01-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Maybe when he stops pointing to his fucking name after every catch I might respect him more.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2014, 09:12 PM
So, DB wants to be big time in a big time game, huh? Don't players usually show up sometime during the season before the big time game?

He's just been saving himself all year for the postseason.

MMXcalibur
01-01-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm going into work tomorrow and I'm going to tell my boss that I'll mostly be doing work today.

See you in the unemployment line!

Simply Red
01-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Kiss my ass you sorry sack of shit bowe. Become consistent and stop dropping the easy passes and then I might respect you a little more.

Oh, and stop pointing to your ****ing name you dipshit.

:eek:

milkman
01-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Maybe when he stops pointing to his ****ing name after every catch I might respect him more.

Get over it.

01-01-2014, 09:16 PM
:eek:

Nobody on this team annoys me more than Bowe. I stand behind that statement 100%.

Simply Red
01-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Nobody on this team annoys me more than Bowe. I stand behind that statement 100%.

mhm, frustrating because of the potential - i hear you.

01-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Get over it.

People wouldn't mind it so much if he didn't do it after every fucking catch and saved it for the actual worthy plays.

Bl00dyBizkitz
01-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Get over it.

Actually it's not just that. It's the fact that he's done literally nothing all season but he still points to his name after every catch like he's some big fucking deal. That's what gets me.

Ragged Robin
01-01-2014, 09:21 PM
They were forcing the ball to him the last time we played the Colts and he couldn't hold onto the ball.

mikey23545
01-01-2014, 09:27 PM
He should point to his name after every drop.

Drops are more his hallmark than catches this year.

01-01-2014, 09:29 PM
He should point to his name after every drop.

Drops are more his hallmark than catches this year.

lets not be stupid. His drops just happen to be more memorable because he drops the easy fucking passes. He doesn't drop more than any other receiver overall though.

milkman
01-01-2014, 09:30 PM
People wouldn't mind it so much if he didn't do it after every ****ing catch and saved it for the actual worthy plays.

Just about every player in every game in every sport showboats any time they do anything.

Shit used to piss me off.
I got over it.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2014, 09:46 PM
lets not be stupid. His drops just happen to be more memorable because he drops the easy ****ing passes. He doesn't drop more than any other receiver overall though.
Actually it's because he drops key passes during key drives. Also he seems to drop balls due to lack of focus and/or laziness.

Hammock Parties
01-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Alex will target him once.

KCrockaholic
Who cares if he likes to do the thumbs to the name thing. He's far from perfect, but there's nothing wrong with having a cocky receiver either.

KCrockaholic

This isn't Matt Cassel in a playoff game.

01-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Just about every player in every game in every sport showboats any time they do anything.

Shit used to piss me off.
I got over it.

Not that I disagree but Bowe seems to take it to the extreme. maybe it is just because he plays for my favorite team and it bugs me more.

Either way, the kid needs to start focusing on doing his job better.

TambaBerry
01-01-2014, 09:56 PM
I remember some catches bowe made in Indy a few years ago. It was the same game hali got bloody, then he dropped the game winner.

01-01-2014, 09:59 PM
I remember some catches bowe made in Indy a few years ago. It was the same game hali got bloody, then he dropped the game winner.

Was that the game he made the nearly impossible catch and then dropped the one that nobody covered him at all on?

KCrockaholic
01-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Same game Hali got bloody? So the "circus catch" Bowe game?

TambaBerry
01-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Was that the game he made the nearly impossible catch and then dropped the one that nobody covered him at all on?

I'm pretty sure, the crazy catch was the one where he tipped it to himself like three times.

InChiefsHeaven
01-01-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm sure you meant Saturday...I think...

Easy 6
01-01-2014, 10:19 PM
We're gonna hold you to those words, Dwayne...

Pablo
01-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Oh, and stop pointing to your fucking name you dipshit.This is the dumbest complaint chiefs fans have.

J Diddy
01-01-2014, 10:27 PM
I could search for many things to bitch about here but the truth is I would love Bowe to make big time plays in a big time game as well. It'd be a refreshing change.

notorious
01-01-2014, 10:31 PM
I could search for many things to bitch about here but the truth is I would love Bowe to make big time plays in a big time game as well. It'd be a refreshing change.

This.

I want him to be the elite badass that he should be.

REDHOTGTO
01-01-2014, 10:35 PM
every time I hear a mofo brag they bust, I hope you know what you're doin bowe, if you don't I think they should walk you to the door

Bwana
01-01-2014, 10:49 PM
LMAO

Chiefaholic
01-01-2014, 10:50 PM

Just as the men are talking about football, the teenage girls start feeling left out and add their 2 cents. We get it... Just like Bowe with his insignificant catch after dropping four in a row, he points to the name on the back of his jersey. He didn't contribute much in the game, but he makes sure you know he's there.

You're a lot like Bowe... You make the occasional video to pump up the crowd and point toward your skills that you rarely use. In the meantime, nobody pays much attention to a positive post and you just kind of blend in (alot like Bowe). You live for the attention and resort to being the negative Nancy to assure you draw attention toward yourself to make your life complete.

But never fear, playoffs are here and a win / video will make a few people forgive you for your miserable performance during the regular season. I only hope that Bowe doesn't "welch" on this bet like some people I know.

millz
01-01-2014, 10:50 PM
this dude needs to lay off the blunts, stop hanging around lil wayne and birdman and get to work.

HonestChieffan
01-01-2014, 10:52 PM
guy is a dickhead

CoMoChief
01-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Whatever, Bowe.

How about you stop sucking ass on the field and at least try to play up to the level of what your contract is worth.

Mav
01-01-2014, 11:06 PM
This.

I want him to be the elite badass that he should be.

Sighs. Yup. People kill me for pointing out this and me being disappointed in him.

His ability is off the Charts. Its his dedication to route running that pisses me off.

Mav
01-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Just as the men are talking about football, the teenage girls start feeling left out and add their 2 cents. We get it... Just like Bowe with his insignificant catch after dropping four in a row, he points to the name on the back of his jersey. He didn't contribute much in the game, but he makes sure you know he's there.

You're a lot like Bowe... You make the occasional video to pump up the crowd and point toward your skills that you rarely use. In the meantime, nobody pays much attention to a positive post and you just kind of blend in (alot like Bowe). You live for the attention and resort to being the negative Nancy to assure you draw attention toward yourself to make your life complete.

But never fear, playoffs are here and a win / video will make a few people forgive you for your miserable performance during the regular season. I only hope that Bowe doesn't "welch" on this bet like some people I know.

His worst night mare will happen if the Chiefs win.

My fury has been saved. Its a new year for me.

Saccopoo
01-01-2014, 11:11 PM

Mostly...

Baby Lee
01-01-2014, 11:13 PM
every time I hear a mofo brag they bust, I hope you know what you're doin bowe, if you don't I think they should walk you to the door

Except when Kennison actually did have somethin' fo' dey ass.

kevonm
01-01-2014, 11:14 PM
For Bowe, every game is a bowl game.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Yeah, he lost his step after he got paid. Trade him.

Idiot

BossChief
01-01-2014, 11:15 PM

He dropped back to back balls that would have won that game.

J Diddy
01-01-2014, 11:18 PM
For Bowe, every game is a bowl.

FYP

Ragged Robin
01-01-2014, 11:20 PM

I hope so. Bowe proved that he cannot be a reliable target after all those attempts they threw to him against the Colts. Throwing at him is basically a waste of a down.

Mav
01-01-2014, 11:21 PM
If the Chiefs are going to win, Bowe is going to have to reach his potential.

BigRock
01-01-2014, 11:25 PM

In 2010 against Indy, a meaningful game between two winning teams, he dropped what would have been a go-ahead TD at the end of the 3rd quarter.

In 2011 against Indy, as meaningless as a game can be with the Chiefs having one win and Colts playing Curtis Painter, he caught a TD that he tipped to himself while being interfered with.

That he knows this is a big-time game doesn't seem like a good omen.

Saccopoo
01-01-2014, 11:34 PM
If the Chiefs are going to win, Bowe is going to have to reach his potential.

Poor routes, not fighting through coverage and dropping balls.

What's been his potential past that?

The real problem is that he's now operating in a system that mandates precision and hands. He's not that guy. He likes to freelance and make plays on the ball a la Randy Moss versus specifics on the field. Reid's offense is highlighting his short comings versus masking them as they did when guys like Cassel were throwing him the ball in a substandard offensive scheme and letting him "go get it." (Much the same as what he did at LSU with Jamarcus Russell.)

It's a system that makes guys like Jerry Rice All-Time greats. WR's don't have to be burners or highwire acts, but rather they need to make precision cuts and breaks and have timing down. It's not a system that just lets a guy "go fifteen yards down, cut in and I'll throw you the ball," especially at the WR position.

He's never had to do that in his career. And I think it's why he's struggled a bit this season.

Anyong Bluth
01-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Do drops at crucial times to extend drives, or get us into scoring range count as ''big plays", if so, Bowe = playmaker already.

The Franchise
01-01-2014, 11:42 PM
guy is a dickhead

Yeah...I know. He only has his own charity and helps out the community.

But fuck....he's no Phil Robertson....right?

Mav
01-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Poor routes, not fighting through coverage and dropping balls.

What's been his potential past that?

The real problem is that he's now operating in a system that mandates precision and hands. He's not that guy. He likes to freelance and make plays on the ball a la Randy Moss versus specifics on the field. Reid's offense is highlighting his short comings versus masking them as they did when guys like Cassel were throwing him the ball in a substandard offensive scheme and letting him "go get it." (Much the same as what he did at LSU with Jamarcus Russell.)

It's a system that makes guys like Jerry Rice All-Time greats. WR's don't have to be burners or highwire acts, but rather they need to make precision cuts and breaks and have timing down. It's not a system that just lets a guy "go fifteen yards down, cut in and I'll throw you the ball," especially at the WR position.

He's never had to do that in his career. And I think it's why he's struggled a bit this season.

That's the problem though. Those are all easily correctable things.

That's the issue. He has the SKILL. He doesn't have the discipline.

Its the same issue I had with Crabtree.

But, nope, to point out their flaws, makes you a hater, and an Alex Smith ball washer.

Again. Josh Gordon led the league in receiving, with a clowns car full of qbs.

Big time players, make PLAYS regardless.

ThaVirus
01-01-2014, 11:54 PM
You had the same problem with Crabtree while Smith was throwing to him that you have now with Bowe while Smith is throwing to him?

The "problem" that literally flipped on its head the instant Crabs started catching passes from Kaep?

Ragged Robin
01-01-2014, 11:58 PM
You had the same problem with Crabtree while Smith was throwing to him that you have now with Bowe while Smith is throwing to him?

The "problem" that literally flipped on its head the instant Crabs started catching passes from Kaep?

Crabtree caught 3 TDs in Smith's last 25 passes as a starter and was already on pace for the 1K season he finished with. The moment Vernon Davis's production went down Crabtree's went up and that started well BEFORE Kaepernick took over. Bowe's year has been more like Crabtree's sophomore year when he was dropping and tipping passes left and right.

01-02-2014, 12:09 AM
This is the dumbest complaint chiefs fans have.

I touched on this earlier with milkman. The reason I get pissed about this damn antic is that he does for every routine catch. do it on a TD? fine. Do it on a HUGE IMPOSSIBLE catch? Fine. Do it on a goddamned 3 yard gain to make it third and long? Keep it to yourself.

Bowe has a record of taking plays off, running bad routes, and catching with his fucking pads.

He doesn't pay attention to the fundamentals. He needs to focus and start being a team player instead of a player that is about himself.

Don't get me wrong. I used to love Bowe but over the years his antics have just served to piss me off.

redshirt32
01-02-2014, 12:13 AM
He needs to put the pipe down, and focus on being a decoy and a down field blocker for JC.

EPodolak
01-02-2014, 12:47 AM
For Bowe, every game is a bowl game.

Next he'll ask to be traded to Denver.

-King-
01-02-2014, 01:27 AM
That's the problem though. Those are all easily correctable things.

That's the issue. He has the SKILL. He doesn't have the discipline.

Its the same issue I had with Crabtree.

But, nope, to point out their flaws, makes you a hater, and an Alex Smith ball washer.

Again. Josh Gordon led the league in receiving, with a clowns car full of qbs.

Big time players, make PLAYS regardless.

What does Josh Gordon have to do with Bowe?

a pp roach
01-02-2014, 02:04 AM
come on bowe, please follow through on this hand picked game and more importantly...

"mostly show up"

Mav
01-02-2014, 03:25 AM
What does Josh Gordon have to do with Bowe?

The assumption by some that bowe is held back by his qb.

-King-
01-02-2014, 03:36 AM
The assumption by some that bowe is held back by his qb.

Bowe had 1000 yard seasons with Tyler Thigpen, Damon Huard, Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko, and Kyle Orton. He was Josh Gordon before Josh Gordon.

I still don't understand what your point is. No one is blaming Alex Smith, but for some reason you act like that's what everyone is doing.

htismaqe
01-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Bowe had 1000 yard seasons with Tyler Thigpen, Damon Huard, Matt Cassel, Tyler Palko, and Kyle Orton. He was Josh Gordon before Josh Gordon.

I still don't understand what your point is. No one is blaming Alex Smith, but for some reason you act like that's what everyone is doing.

:toast:

Simply Red
01-02-2014, 07:38 AM

he's been condescending since his arrival - that's my only real complaint w/ Maverick - but he's an okay guy, just a little cynical and cut n pasty. No biggie.

Mav
01-02-2014, 07:39 AM

Well. What I am saying. Bowe has severely under performed. It is extremely frustrating for me as a fan for someone who does not get the most out of his abilities.

BlackHelicopters
01-02-2014, 07:41 AM
:facepalm:

Simply Red
01-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Well. What I am saying. Bowe has severely under performed. It is extremely frustrating for me as a fan for someone who does not get the most out of his abilities.

don't be offended by what i'd said - I mentioned it - no big deal - we all have things we do or don't do that make us imperfect - I know i have tons of faults but I want to continue our relationship.

Mav
01-02-2014, 08:18 AM
don't be offended by what i'd said - I mentioned it - no big deal - we all have things we do or don't do that make us imperfect - I know i have tons of faults but I want to continue our relationship.

Not offended. Cheers!

Eleazar
01-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Bowe definitely needs to show up this week, because he's putting up about 50% of the stats he's getting paid for.

whoman69
01-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Dwayne needs to worry a bit more about making the routine plays

Chief Pote
01-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Bowe apparently ****ed your wife. Sorry to hear that.

:p

But seriously. Bowe needs to pony up a few awesome catches and he knows it... obviously. He's holding Alex Smith back with his mediocre play.

Chief Pote
01-02-2014, 08:59 AM
He wouldn't have played anyway, idiot.

Edit: I should have read the user name. Obvious troll is obvious.

I'm not trolling. When Bowe is in the lineup he's not contributing enough. He's paid like the "go to" guy on WR roster. He doesn't play to match his salary.

Chief Pote
01-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Idiot

Really? Maybe you're the idiot if you can't see that fact. Quit being a homer. Now go ahead and tell me his play is okay with you. Go ahead and do it.

Btw, 105 targets and 57 receptions. 5th in targets and 38th in receptions.

Voice of Reason

Buehler445
01-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Bowe, a Pro Bowler in 2010, has accepted his role of doing a lot of the dirty work of running routes that clear space for Charles and blocking downfield on the screens that have worked so well for the Chiefs.

“Everybody has their year … and I’m just proud to be part of a team,” Bowe said. “We have a lot of guys playing the role I had previously in my career. Being an all-around receiver both blocking and receiving … to see those guys prosper … I feel good and happy to be their teammate.”

So Bowe is cocky, me-first motherfucker? Jesus there is a lot of butthurt for a guy that says shit like the above statement.

While this isn't breathtaking stuff, it's good to see players allowed to do stuff and talk like this.

No shit. It bears repeating. FUCK Pioli!

Simplicity
01-02-2014, 09:26 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1129/rn_g_uscseason27_ms_1440.jpg

Marqise can do this... #Draft2014

jspchief
01-02-2014, 09:27 AM
I've desperately clung to my hopes for Bowe for too long, and this season has finally broken me.

I still think he has the physical talent to be very good. He just doesn't seem to have the internal part, be it brains, desire, or whatever.

I'd love for him to be prominent this post season. I just don't expect it to actually happen.

Chief Pote
01-02-2014, 09:28 AM

:thumb:

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Really? Maybe you're the idiot if you can't see that fact. Quit being a homer. Now go ahead and tell me his play is okay with you. Go ahead and do it.

Btw, 105 targets and 57 receptions. 5th in targets and 38th in receptions.

Voice of ReasonI called you an idiot because you said Trade him. You cannot fucking trade him now, idiot.

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Bowe definitely needs to show up this week, because he's putting up about 50% of the stats he's getting paid for.

You expected him to catch 120 passes this season?

Snapplez
01-02-2014, 10:55 AM
:p

But seriously. Bowe needs to pony up a few awesome catches and he knows it... obviously. He's holding Alex Smith back with his mediocre play.

How dumb can you be? :shake:

Chiefaholic
01-02-2014, 11:06 AM
You expected him to catch 120 passes this season?

I don't believe people are setting a standard for stats. My beef is that Bowe has the physical ability to absolutely OWN a lot of CB's in this league. He played hard and got the fat contract basically stating that's what he's getting paid to do. But, he's not... His wallet is fat, and he doesn't perform up to the level that many of us know he has the ability to. He's eating cap space that doesn't allow the Chiefs to remedy the problem through free agency. So he HAS to be the player his salary says he is. Not just when the season is on the line. But, every single snap of every single game. If Bowe wants an example of living up to your pay, then look no further than Jamaal Charles. IMO.... Bowe and Charles should swap paychecks, because Jamaal is getting ripped

FloridaMan88
01-02-2014, 11:11 AM
This is Dwayne Bowe's 7th season in the NFL.

Can anyone think of memorable/big time catches or games he's had during his career thus far?

I can think of two games… 2007 when the Chiefs upset San Diego and Bowe had his coming out party (8 catches 160+ yards receiving), and in 2011 against the Colts when he had that sick catch (although in that same game he also had a confounding dropped pass).

That's it.

crossbow
01-02-2014, 11:12 AM
He even made the illustrious Tyler Palko look bad.

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2014, 11:17 AM
This is Dwayne Bowe's 7th season in the NFL.

Can anyone think of memorable/big time catches or games he's had during his career thus far?

I can think of two games… 2007 when the Chiefs upset San Diego and Bowe had his coming out party (8 catches 160+ yards receiving), and in 2011 against the Colts when he had that sick catch (although in that same game he also had a confounding dropped pass).

That's it.This is only the 2nd winning season Bowe has seen. How many could there possibly be?

I remember him catching 15 TDs from fucking Matt Cassel.

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2014, 11:18 AM
The big drop he had was a different game than the juggling catch. Both in Indy.

King_Chief_Fan
01-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Excuses over...trade or cut him

ThaVirus
01-02-2014, 11:24 AM
This is only the 2nd winning season Bowe has seen. How many could there possibly be?

I remember him catching 15 TDs from ****ing Matt Cassel.

Yep.

Also, from this season alone, off the top of my head, he scored the go-ahead TD against Dallas for the lead we never relinquished and hauled in a tough pass for what should have been the game-winner against San Diego @ KC.

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2014, 11:25 AM
trade or cut him

:facepalm:

Pablo
01-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Bowe has not looked good this year. That doesn't change the fact that he's still the best WR on our team. If the Colts commit to taking Charles away in the passing game, then we need Bowe to have this sort of confidence/want-to attitude and step up.

He's under-performed on the year. He's also on the whole over-performed for his career with shitty teams and QB's.

Smith has been much better about this in the second half of the season, but he never tried to develop a rapport with Bowe because he wasn't wide open by a couple of yards in the first half of the year. There still isn't any chemistry there, and that just plain sucks.

FloridaMan88
01-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Todd Haley as WR coach would be the perfect remedy to save Bowe's career and blowtorch a fire under his lazy ass.

It will never happen, but that would the solution IMO.

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Todd Haley as WR coach would be the perfect remedy to save Bowe's career and blowtorch a fire under his lazy ass.

It will never happen, but that would the solution IMO.

Um, Bowe caught 86 the year before Haley.

jspchief
01-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Bowe has not looked good this year. That doesn't change the fact that he's still the best WR on our team. If the Colts commit to taking Charles away in the passing game, then we need Bowe to have this sort of confidence/want-to attitude and step up.

He's under-performed on the year. He's also on the whole over-performed for his career with shitty teams and QB's.

Smith has been much better about this in the second half of the season, but he never tried to develop a rapport with Bowe because he wasn't wide open by a couple of yards in the first half of the year. There still isn't any chemistry there, and that just plain sucks.

I don't Smith think will ever develop a rapport with Bowe. Smith isn't comfortable trusting his receivers to make the play, and Bowe isn't a receiver that frequently gets the degree of open that Smith is looking for.

Pablo
01-02-2014, 11:33 AM
I don't Smith think will ever develop a rapport with Bowe. Smith isn't comfortable trusting his receivers to make the play, and Bowe isn't a receiver that frequently gets the degree of open that Smith is looking for.Yeah, you could be right about this.

If so, that would be pretty awful.

FloridaMan88
01-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Um, Bowe caught 86 the year before Haley.

Tony Gonzalez presence helped with that.

TEX
01-02-2014, 11:38 AM
I like Bowe, but i can remember more BIG DROPS in kinda big games than i can remember big catches. I can't forget the 4th quarter drop at Oakland in 2010 that ices the game if he makes it. He didn't. Chiefs lose....SHOW me Bowe, just dont talk about it. Do it!

htismaqe
01-02-2014, 11:39 AM
I don't Smith think will ever develop a rapport with Bowe. Smith isn't comfortable trusting his receivers to make the play, and Bowe isn't a receiver that frequently gets the degree of open that Smith is looking for.

Totally agree with this. Bowe is a jump ball guy. Smith needs WR like we had during the Vermeil years.

crossbow
01-02-2014, 11:40 AM
He hasn't earned Smith's trust so it is a moot point now. Chin music to stroke his own ego.

Chief Roundup
01-02-2014, 11:46 AM

So did Snoop Minnis.

Chief Roundup
01-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Excuses over...trade or cut him

Man the idiots are out.

Easy 6
01-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Totally agree with this. Bowe is a jump ball guy. Smith needs WR like we had during the Vermeil years.

Same here, Bowe probably isn't in the teams long term plans because of it... but as Pablo mentions, the Colts WILL commit to stopping JC and we WILL need some plays from Bowe, no doubt about it.

Smith is just going to have use what he's got for right now, comfort level or not... he'll still spread the ball to 6-8 guys like he's done all year, but Bowe needs a few big timer targets and grabs.

Marcellus
01-02-2014, 12:49 PM

One could argue Smith doesn't trust Bowe to go make a play as he has a tendency to cut routes short etc and not fight for the ball.

jspchief
01-02-2014, 12:56 PM
One could argue Smith doesn't trust Bowe to go make a play as he has a tendency to cut routes short etc and not fight for the ball.

Except it's not just a Bowe thing. It's what Smith needs from any receiver. He's needs guys to be very open to pull the trigger. imo

Marcellus
01-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Except it's not just a Bowe thing. It's what Smith needs from any receiver. He's needs guys to be very open to pull the trigger. imo

I think there is a huge misconception on CP that QB's around the league throw to covered WR all the time and it works out well.

htismaqe
01-02-2014, 01:10 PM
I think there is a huge misconception on CP that QB's around the league throw to covered WR all the time and it works out well.

Alex Smith requires a different level of "open" than a lot of QBs do. That's not even really debatable. You only have to watch the games to see it.

Mav
01-02-2014, 01:13 PM
It has nothing to do with the DEGREE of open. I thought Alex Smith proved that in the Philly Game with Avery. You are on to something though with the trust thing. Alex Smith never hesitated throwing to Vernon.
Well, yeah, this is what it is. Ever since the Giants game where Bowe didn't beat his man inside on a route he had to win. Why should he trust Bowe?

Again. Not true. Alex Smith just needs to trust that you are going to be where you are supposed to be.

He has shown that rapport with Hemmingway, McGrath, Avery, and Fasano.

At some point, we need to hold the players accountable outside of the qb.

You can not tell me honestly that you consider Bowe to be disciplined, and a great route runner.

Those are two traits that are required in a Andy Reid based offense.

Its trust. Bowe and Alex need to work on that together, because both are at fault. But, Bowe has a lot of work to do on himself, before anyone can really point the finger at Alex Smith.

Mav
01-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Alex Smith requires a different level of "open" than a lot of QBs do. That's not even really debatable. You only have to watch the games to see it.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Andy Reid hates turnovers. Alex Smith is an ultra conservative qb who doesn't force things when he doesn't have to, but has proven time and time again that when he has needed to, he has made plays.

I have no idea why the fact that he doesn't Aaron Rodgers every throw, and chooses to hit the open man, rather than forcing things is a bad thing.

Marcellus
01-02-2014, 01:15 PM

I think he had a propensity to take the high % completion earlier in the season but I have seen him throw the ball to guys with defenders on or near them.

htismaqe
01-02-2014, 01:24 PM
That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Andy Reid hates turnovers. Alex Smith is an ultra conservative qb who doesn't force things when he doesn't have to, but has proven time and time again that when he has needed to, he has made plays.

I have no idea why the fact that he doesn't Aaron Rodgers every throw, and chooses to hit the open man, rather than forcing things is a bad thing.

Because when the quality of the opposition goes up, so does the number of 3 and outs because every throw is short of the sticks.

At some point, play not to lose doesn't win anymore.

Mav
01-02-2014, 01:26 PM
Because when the quality of the opposition goes up, so does the number of 3 and outs because every throw is short of the sticks.

At some point, play not to lose doesn't win anymore.

No arguments here.

I agree.

I believe you are going to see a different chiefs team in 48 hours my friend.

Happy New Year.

GO CHIEFS!

htismaqe
01-02-2014, 01:27 PM
No arguments here.

I agree.

I believe you are going to see a different chiefs team in 48 hours my friend.

Happy New Year.

GO CHIEFS!

We have to see a different Chiefs team or they'll be headed home for the rest of the playoffs. It's that simple.

MahiMike
01-02-2014, 01:30 PM
A big reason we lost last time was Alex was forcing the ball into (an always covered) Bowe. Bowe's a $50M blocker.

MahiMike
01-02-2014, 01:38 PM

He also needs a WR that will actually fight for the ball when he is covered.

htismaqe
01-02-2014, 01:40 PM
He also needs a WR that will actually fight for the ball when he is covered.

You're surely not suggesting that Dwayne Bowe can't do that when he's only shown it for 6 season before Alex Smith arrived. :facepalm:

MahiMike
01-02-2014, 01:53 PM
You're surely not suggesting that Dwayne Bowe can't do that when he's only shown it for 6 season before Alex Smith arrived. :facepalm:

Folks bitch that Alex doesn't force it into Bowe enough. Well he tried that last time we played Indy. Even when other guys were open. I think Andy told him to do that on purpose. We had our worst loss of the season because of that.

Alex doesn't trust him and he shouldn't.

Our WR hopes this weekend lie in Avery and Junior.

Saccopoo
01-02-2014, 02:33 PM

No, he's pulled the trigger plenty this year on passes to his wide receivers.

However, I can't remember a season where so many guys have dropped so many passes that were put right into their hands.

It hasn't been just Bowe - Avery, McCluster, Charles, etc., they've all had problems just catching the ball. And that's not surprising as these guys reps have always been questionable hands. Why do you think that Avery isn't on the Colts when they would have loved to have had his speed this season? Hands of stone.

While some say Bowe's problems are correctable, they haven't been. He's been the same guy since college - a jump ball, free lance type of receiver that's used his size and strength in the open field. This offense doesn't work that way. It needs timing and precision and hands. As I stated, it's highlighted Bowe's weaknesses when, in previous Chiefs offenses, he was able to play to his strengths and mask those specific weaknesses in his game.

Basically, it's put up or shut up time. He needs to show that he is capable of making the catches when they count.

Right here, right now is the line drawn in the sand for Dwayne Bowe.

BlackHelicopters
01-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Dwayne Bowe wants? What about what the fans would like from Dwayne Bowe? Dedication and discipline. Too much to ask?

Saccopoo
01-02-2014, 02:40 PM

He's certainly struggled with it this year. However, I think it's partly due to him being asked to run better routes in conjunction with making sure he gets the ball. He's shown he'll do it downfield in a jumpball scenario, but he's really got his ass kicked by defensive backs this year when he's been asked to be a little more precise on his cuts and timing routes.

I don't think he's a good WR in terms of understanding and applying his craft on the field. However, I think he's a very good WR if it's a "Chuck it downfield and I'll go get it Dawg!" type of situation.

Personally, if he shits the bed against the Colts, the team might need to start looking at getting picks out of a trade to a team like the Lions or so. Stafford's game is very much suited to a receiver like Bowe and he'd do well playing opposite Calvin Johnson.

I just think that $50 million dollars is a steep price to pay for second level fullback. The guy needs to step up his stuff.

Chief Pote
01-02-2014, 03:12 PM
How dumb can you be? :shake:

I hate it when we permit middle school children the ability to post.

Chief Pote
01-02-2014, 03:18 PM
I called you an idiot because you said Trade him. You cannot ****ing trade him now, idiot.

Fair enough.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2014, 03:35 PM

umm ... what?

just about every time someone brings up a drop or problem with a WR some people blame Smith. Hell ... some people insist that Bowe would be like Megatron if 'he just had a decent quarterback'.

the last 5 years EVERYTHING HAS BEEN ABOUT THE QUARTERBACK ....

Snapplez
01-02-2014, 09:12 PM
I hate it when we permit middle school children the ability to post.

Look here, shortbus. Smith is "let down" by Crabtree and explodes into a good player as soon as Kaepernick takes over.

Bowe has 1000 yd seasons with the likes of Thigpen, Huard, Croyle, Cassel and you think that he's "letting down" Alex Smith?

It's quite the opposite.

Simplicity
01-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Look here, shortbus. Smith is "let down" by Crabtree and explodes into a good player as soon as Kaepernick takes over.

Bowe has 1000 yd seasons with the likes of Thigpen, Huard, Croyle, Cassel and you think that he's "letting down" Alex Smith?

It's quite the opposite.

roasted.

Simplicity
01-02-2014, 09:20 PM
umm ... what?

just about every time someone brings up a drop or problem with a WR some people blame Smith. Hell ... some people insist that Bowe would be like Megatron if 'he just had a decent quarterback'.

the last 5 years EVERYTHING HAS BEEN ABOUT THE QUARTERBACK ....

/Tyler Palko

Psyko Tek
01-02-2014, 09:43 PM
rec drops target

66 Dwayne Bowe WR KC 57 4 103 55.3 % 3.9%

source

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

reliable no Idea

fuck on this site Chad Hall is #5 for no drops,
this is a worthless post
but it does show we need to target Chad more

Chief Pote
01-02-2014, 09:51 PM

It's quite the opposite.

I will say, that's funny.

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Be nice if Bowe actually gets a target in a playoff game. Worthless Casshole didn't even attempt a pass to him last time. Yet stupid fuckers defended Cassel on here for it.

Mav
01-02-2014, 09:56 PM

It's quite the opposite.

Ahhh, I love this argument.

Crabtree was targeted 92, of 218 passes thrown by Kaepernick.

You get that? Just about 45 percent of his passes went to one guy, meaning that everyone else, was being ignored. He completely ignored Vernon Davis.

Alex Smith spread it around to everyone.

But, in fairness, I don't expect you to really understand. Its not logical to you. Of course, when I tell you that in Alex Smiths last 5 quarters as a 49ers starting qb, he threw 3 tds, in 27 passes to Crabtree.

Don't let those facts get in your way.

And exactly. Lets not hold Bowe accountable. Lets just make it all about the qb.

Just about every Chiefs fan, whether they like Alex Smith or not, can accept two truths.

Dwayne Bowe is not a dedicated route runner, and that Andy Reids system, requires timing, and precision.

That is the biggest problem that people have. Alex Smith is a letter of the law type of guy. He relies on timing, and Receivers to be where they are supposed to be, when they are supposed to be there.

Not, BOWES, strong suit.

All Alex Smiths fault though.

Mav
01-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Be nice if Bowe actually gets a target in a playoff game. Worthless Casshole didn't even attempt a pass to him last time. Yet stupid ****ers defended Cassel on here for it.

Wouldn't shock me at all if the very first Chiefs play of the game is strictly for Bowe. Think it would be great to get him going early.

We all know that their goal is going to be to stop Charles.

Easy 6
01-02-2014, 09:59 PM
roasted.

Roasted my ass, **** him, this isn't the old, bullshit QB school of "chuck it out there bauce, i'll jump up and get it cuz all we got is this bullshit scheme".

No, this is now wide receiver finishing school, where route running and timing count more than anything... hit your spots on time and THEN make the catch.

If you or anyone else wanna play backyard ball, sign up for the bush leagues... its time Bowe refined his play... don't even TRY to go there on me with Bowe, I've passionately defended this guy year in and out, I love a player who sticks around and makes himself at home, I WANT this guy to be a Chief for life.

But the fact is, he HAS looked bad as a receiver overall this year... oh he only gets 5 targets a game? well he's been dropping 2-3 of them, i'm only going to homer it up so much for this guy right now.

CATCH WHAT YOU GET... blocking is awesome, we need a Heinz Ward... but you're being paid TOP 5 to HIT YOUR MARKS AND CATCH PASSES, don't gimme no bullshit about the QB, he can get it to you.

stevieray
01-02-2014, 10:00 PM
that's great...put up or shut up.

Simplicity
01-02-2014, 10:06 PM
OHMYGAWDDDDDD HE SAID IT SO BOWE IS OUR MOST VALUABLE OFFENSIVE PLAYER /Clay

TomBarndtsTwin
01-02-2014, 10:11 PM
I wish Bowe would just shut his Big Time mouth and actually make some Big Time plays.

That would be nice.

Mav
01-02-2014, 10:16 PM
OHMYGAWDDDDDD HE SAID IT SO BOWE IS OUR MOST VALUABLE OFFENSIVE PLAYER /Clay

Don't forget.

Check downs to Jamal Charles are a bad idea./ Alex Smith haters.

Snapplez
01-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Ahhh, I love this argument.

Crabtree was targeted 92, of 218 passes thrown by Kaepernick.

You get that? Just about 45 percent of his passes went to one guy, meaning that everyone else, was being ignored. He completely ignored Vernon Davis.

Alex Smith spread it around to everyone.

But, in fairness, I don't expect you to really understand. Its not logical to you. Of course, when I tell you that in Alex Smiths last 5 quarters as a 49ers starting qb, he threw 3 tds, in 27 passes to Crabtree.

Don't let those facts get in your way.

And exactly. Lets not hold Bowe accountable. Lets just make it all about the qb.

Just about every Chiefs fan, whether they like Alex Smith or not, can accept two truths.

Dwayne Bowe is not a dedicated route runner, and that Andy Reids system, requires timing, and precision.

That is the biggest problem that people have. Alex Smith is a letter of the law type of guy. He relies on timing, and Receivers to be where they are supposed to be, when they are supposed to be there.

Not, BOWES, strong suit.

All Alex Smiths fault though.

This year Bowe has been targeted 105 times, 20% of Alex Smith's 508 targets. In 2010, Bowe was targeted 132 times, for 27% of Cassel's 475 targets. A minor discrepancy in target percentage, but a massive discrepancy in output from those targets.

If my stats are correct, then Vernon Davis was targeted 36 times by Smith in his 8 games of 2012, which would be about 16% of his targets. He was targeted 25 times by Kaepernick which would be 11% of his targets. The difference is 11 targets overall, a difference of 1.3 per game.

You put focus on a specific 5 quarters from Alex Smith, and Crabtrees TDs in those quarters. Why do you ignore the other 6 games where Crabtree had none with Smith at QB?

All players should be held accountable on our team. Bowe is not exempt from that. But if Bowe can produce with QBs in the realm of Croyle, Cassel, Huard, Thigpen, why are his numbers at a career low with Alex Smith? Is it because Bowe is all of a sudden a terrible player? Or is it because Alex Smith doesn't like throwing to WRs?

Mav
01-02-2014, 10:25 PM
This year Bowe has been targeted 105 times, 20% of Alex Smith's 508 targets. In 2010, Bowe was targeted 132 times, for 27% of Cassel's 475 targets. A minor discrepancy in target percentage, but a massive discrepancy in output from those targets.

If my stats are correct, then Vernon Davis was targeted 36 times by Smith in his 8 games of 2012, which would be about 16% of his targets. He was targeted 25 times by Kaepernick which would be 11% of his targets. The difference is 11 targets overall, a difference of 1.3 per game.

You put focus on a specific 5 quarters from Alex Smith, and Crabtrees TDs in those quarters. Why do you ignore the other 6 games where Crabtree had none with Smith at QB?

All players should be held accountable on our team. Bowe is not exempt from that. But if Bowe can produce with QBs in the realm of Croyle, Cassel, Huard, Thigpen, why are his numbers at a career low with Alex Smith? Is it because Bowe is all of a sudden a terrible player? Or is it because Alex Smith doesn't like throwing to WRs?

Well, I put a focus on that specific time period because it was showing that Alex Smith and Crabtree had finally started to click.

And, believe it or not, I gave that credit to Crabtree. I have always maintained that Crabtree exploded because Crabtree was growing up as an individual, and was taking the mentoring from Randy Moss seriously.

Randy Moss made Crabtree take his hood off in meetings, start sitting in the front row of meetings.

Crabtree for the first time in his career participated I OTA's, training camp and preseason. He came into camp in the best shape of his career.

Crabtree broke out, because Crabtree is a special player.

Bowe, succeeded with other qbs, because that system wasn't predicated on precision and timing. Bowe has to become a better route runner. That is my premise. Bowe is special enough, strong enough, and good enough that if he wants to beat his man on a slant route, there isn't a corner in the league that can stop him. Its all on him.

Sure, Alex Smith doesn't force feed him the ball. Okay. Well, its on Bowe to give Alex Smith no choice in the matter.

I have heard a lot of people say that Alex Smith wont throw to a covered receiver.

Havent really seen him having a problem throwing to an open one though.

And to your assertion that Alex Smith doesn't like throwing to Receivers.

In 2011, where alex smith took just about every single snap. He targeted crabtree like 40 more times than anyone else.

:shrug:

Snapplez
01-02-2014, 10:34 PM
Well, I put a focus on that specific time period because it was showing that Alex Smith and Crabtree had finally started to click.

And, believe it or not, I gave that credit to Crabtree. I have always maintained that Crabtree exploded because Crabtree was growing up as an individual, and was taking the mentoring from Randy Moss seriously.

Randy Moss made Crabtree take his hood off in meetings, start sitting in the front row of meetings.

Crabtree for the first time in his career participated I OTA's, training camp and preseason. He came into camp in the best shape of his career.

Crabtree broke out, because Crabtree is a special player.

Bowe, succeeded with other qbs, because that system wasn't predicated on precision and timing. Bowe has to become a better route runner. That is my premise. Bowe is special enough, strong enough, and good enough that if he wants to beat his man on a slant route, there isn't a corner in the league that can stop him. Its all on him.

Sure, Alex Smith doesn't force feed him the ball. Okay. Well, its on Bowe to give Alex Smith no choice in the matter.

I have heard a lot of people say that Alex Smith wont throw to a covered receiver.

Havent really seen him having a problem throwing to an open one though.

And to your assertion that Alex Smith doesn't like throwing to Receivers.

In 2011, where alex smith took just about every single snap. He targeted crabtree like 40 more times than anyone else.

:shrug:

I don't buy for a second that any offensive system in the NFL is not based on timing and precision. Defenses, and especially players, are way too good to just wing it. The DBowe slant was a staple of Todd Haley's offense, and he frequently dominated on it. Bowe didn't suddenly lose that skill. The difference lies with how open the QBs need receivers to be. Cassel knew he could throw to Bowe on those type of plays and count on Bowe to win. Smith sees Bowe as covered and, for the most part, will avoid those tight throws that Bowe thrived on.

Therein lies the problem so many people have with Smith. It feels like his throwing windows need to be ridiculously wide open. He's supposed to be an accurate QB so he should feel comfortable making more contested throws to Bowe.I know he's a super conservative guy and won't throw into tight coverage, but in not doing so, he's leaving a ton of Bowe's ability under-utilised.

Snapplez
01-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Roasted my ass, **** him, this isn't the old, bullshit QB school of "chuck it out there bauce, i'll jump up and get it cuz all we got is this bullshit scheme".

No, this is now wide receiver finishing school, where route running and timing count more than anything... hit your spots on time and THEN make the catch.

If you or anyone else wanna play backyard ball, sign up for the bush leagues... its time Bowe refined his play... don't even TRY to go there on me with Bowe, I've passionately defended this guy year in and out, I love a player who sticks around and makes himself at home, I WANT this guy to be a Chief for life.

But the fact is, he HAS looked bad as a receiver overall this year... oh he only gets 5 targets a game? well he's been dropping 2-3 of them, i'm only going to homer it up so much for this guy right now.

CATCH WHAT YOU GET... blocking is awesome, we need a Heinz Ward... but you're being paid TOP 5 to HIT YOUR MARKS AND CATCH PASSES, don't gimme no bullshit about the QB, he can get it to you.

QB's will throw it up to their receivers all the time. Bowe isn't the only receiver who succeeds on those type of plays. Megatron, Dez, Andre Johnson, Marshall, hell you can go with just about any receiver in the league. The NFL isn't such a finesse league that they won't tell their guys, "It's you vs the defensive back. Go up, beat him 1 on 1, and make the grab."

Bowe's dropped 2-3 balls a game? So he has anywhere from 30-50 drops on the year? Your and idiot

Mav
01-02-2014, 10:40 PM
I don't buy for a second that any offensive system in the NFL is not based on timing and precision. Defenses, and especially players, are way too good to just wing it. The DBowe slant was a staple of Todd Haley's offense, and he frequently dominated on it. Bowe didn't suddenly lose that skill. The difference lies with how open the QBs need receivers to be. Cassel knew he could throw to Bowe on those type of plays and count on Bowe to win. Smith sees Bowe as covered and, for the most part, will avoid those tight throws that Bowe thrived on.

Therein lies the problem so many people have with Smith. It feels like his throwing windows need to be ridiculously wide open. He's supposed to be an accurate QB so he should feel comfortable making more contested throws to Bowe.I know he's a super conservative guy and won't throw into tight coverage, but in not doing so, he's leaving a ton of Bowe's ability under-utilised.

That may be true. But, its just that one play against the Giants that just sticks out in my mind. Bowe was in the left slot, it was a version of the rub route where Fasano was basically setting a pick for him, he had one job, to beat his man inside, he didn't, and Alex Smith ended up throwing a pick.

And, no, I am not insinuating that Andy Reids offense is the only offense that is predicated on Precision and timing. But no offenses are as OCD about it, as an offense off of the bill walsh tree.

Yes, Bowe was able to free lance a little more with past qbs.

Alex Smith is not comfortable if a play doesn't go strictly on script. Its a HUGE weakness for him.

But, all of that aside, can you honestly tell me that Dwayne Bowe is a route runner on the level of Welker, Anquan Boldin, or Reggie Wayne?

If you cant, then that is where I am coming from with Bowe.

Bowe is not Calvin Johnson, he is not Josh Gordon. He is not going to blow by you. So he has to use his size, and physicality, and route running to beat corners.

That's all im saying. Not saying he cant. just saying he needs to dedicate himself to it.

Mav
01-02-2014, 10:41 PM
QB's will throw it up to their receivers all the time. Bowe isn't the only receiver who succeeds on those type of plays. Megatron, Dez, Andre Johnson, Marshall, hell you can go with just about any receiver in the league. The NFL isn't such a finesse league that they won't tell their guys, "It's you vs the defensive back. Go up, beat him 1 on 1, and make the grab."

Bowe's dropped 2-3 balls a game? So he has anywhere from 30-50 drops on the year? Your and idiot

He had some hideous drops in that Colts game.

ThaVirus
01-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Well, yeah, this is what it is. Ever since the Giants game where Bowe didn't beat his man inside on a route he had to win. Why should he trust Bowe?

I'm pretty sure Bowe's targets have actually gone up since that game.

Mav
01-02-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Bowe's targets have actually gone up since that game.

I would agree with that.

Which is kind of funny, that its being assumed that Alex doesn't like throwing to receivers.

Alex Smith has actually kind of tried to force feed Bowe a little bit. The colts game was in support of that.

They just need time to get on the same page. Both have things to work on.

Snapplez
01-02-2014, 10:48 PM
That may be true. But, its just that one play against the Giants that just sticks out in my mind. Bowe was in the left slot, it was a version of the rub route where Fasano was basically setting a pick for him, he had one job, to beat his man inside, he didn't, and Alex Smith ended up throwing a pick.

And, no, I am not insinuating that Andy Reids offense is the only offense that is predicated on Precision and timing. But no offenses are as OCD about it, as an offense off of the bill walsh tree.

Yes, Bowe was able to free lance a little more with past qbs.

Alex Smith is not comfortable if a play doesn't go strictly on script. Its a HUGE weakness for him.

But, all of that aside, can you honestly tell me that Dwayne Bowe is a route runner on the level of Welker, Anquan Boldin, or Reggie Wayne?

If you cant, then that is where I am coming from with Bowe.

Bowe is not Calvin Johnson, he is not Josh Gordon. He is not going to blow by you. So he has to use his size, and physicality, and route running to beat corners.

That's all im saying. Not saying he cant. just saying he needs to dedicate himself to it.

I can't say I've seen enough of Boldins or Waynes route running, but Welker is easily the best in the league. So, no Bowe isn't as good a route runner as Welker.

You say Bowe needs to dedicate himself to his route running, I'd love if he improved his game any way he could.

I say Alex Smith needs to dedicate himself to utilizing the talent of his receivers as best he can, off-script or not.

Mav
01-02-2014, 10:54 PM
I can't say I've seen enough of Boldins or Waynes route running, but Welker is easily the best in the league. So, no Bowe isn't as good a route runner as Welker.

You say Bowe needs to dedicate himself to his route running, I'd love if he improved his game any way he could.

I say Alex Smith needs to dedicate himself to utilizing the talent of his receivers as best he can, off-script or not.

Reggie Wayne is one of the best route runners of all time. As is Boldin. Boldin in his younger days was a 4.7 guy. Hes slow, but his route running and understanding of how to use his body to create space is what makes him special.

I agree with you on Alex Smith. I think personally he was making huge strides on that before he suffered his concussion in 2012.

I believe that with a full offseason of understanding the playbook, and hopefully an upgrade at Tight end, and receiver, along with an offensive line that has had a full year to learn the new system, and learn how to work together, that you will see that growth.

It has been pretty common with Alex Smith that his second year in a system, is a much better year for him.

Psyko Tek
01-03-2014, 12:00 AM

and why should he?
thow it jamal or mc midget if you want yards, mcgrath if if you want a catch
other than that donny for a chance?

the Bowe No Show is always there for blocking?

TimeForWasp
01-03-2014, 05:13 AM
Buck toothed Bowe turns my stomach with his attitude.

Stalker
01-03-2014, 05:24 AM
We all know you can make big plays, so just ****ing make them would you and shut the **** up

McBeard
01-03-2014, 07:18 AM
Bowe is done. He's not making plays anymore and that's all he really ever had. He doesn't run good routes, he doesn't get open, he can't catch, and he doesn't draw double coverage. We aren't going to force the ball to him this week. We tried that last time against Indy and he let us down. He's not going to have a chance to make plays unless he breaks some tackles and makes it happen on his own. We cannot count on Bowe anymore.

I agree with those who think it's time to move on. You know he has got to be on Dorsey's shit list. He won't be able to trade him or cut him because of his contract. The best we can hope for is that he gets convicted when he goes to court. If that happens we might be able to opt out of the contract and I really think Dorsey would do it.

I'm surprised no one posted Mellinger's article from yesterday where he completely called Bowe out for his comments.

notorious
01-03-2014, 07:25 AM
We have fans that want to force the ball to a covered receiver and risk a turnover?

Lawdy. That is exactly what our previous shit QBs did to get Bowe the ball.

McBeard
01-03-2014, 07:32 AM
and where did that get us? I'll take the new offense over the old one every day of the week. Bowe has lost a step. He's not the same player he used to be.

KCUnited
01-03-2014, 07:49 AM
McBlack Bob y'all.

ptlyon
01-03-2014, 08:18 AM
We all know you can make big plays, so just ****ing make them would you and shut the **** up

This. So much this.

McBeard
01-03-2014, 08:23 AM
Did anyone read Mellinger's article about how he's never shown up in big time games in college or pro? He really called him out. If we lose and Bowe doesn't show up after those comments the media will be all over him.

Ragged Robin
01-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Bowe gets completely ripped on NFLN for being lazy and dropping balls on NFLN:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/0ap2000000308698/Playbook-Colts-defense-vs-Chiefs-offense

Rain Man
01-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Bowe gets completely ripped on NFLN for being lazy and dropping balls on NFLN:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/0ap2000000308698/Playbook-Colts-defense-vs-Chiefs-offense

I was just watching that. Bowe must have imported Sterling Sharpe's wife at some point.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Did anyone read Mellinger's article about how he's never shown up in big time games in college or pro? He really called him out. If we lose and Bowe doesn't show up after those comments the media will be all over him.

Mellinger unloads

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/01/02/4725523/dwayne-bowe-said-he-shows-up-in.html

I like Dwayne Bowe. Really, I do. I like that he plays with energy, with joy, and that he’s played on bad teams for most of his career but never complained, never shown up his (almost always bad) quarterbacks.

He has some rough edges, sure, including that arrest for small marijuana possession in November, but mostly his problems have been of stupidity, not malice. He’s a beloved teammate, and that matters.

I just want to point something out.

What he said the other day is b.s.:

"Games like this … big-time players make big-time plays, and these are games I mostly show up in."

Again, I like Dwayne. And part of why he hasn’t shown up in big games is because the Chiefs haven’t been good enough to give him many big games to show up in. This is only the second winning season, and second playoff game since Bowe was drafted in 2007.

But in the only playoff game of his career, Bowe didn’t even draw a target.

Plus, all this season, the Chiefs have needed a playmaker to take some pressure and hits off Jamaal Charles, and Bowe has been mostly crickets. He went for 57, 51 and 56 yards during the Chiefs’ three-game losing streak. Bowe signed a big contract before the season, and the Chiefs have needed vastly more from their receivers, and Bowe has had the worst full season of his career.

Statistically, his best game was either at Buffalo (season-high seven catches for 67 yards) or at Washington (four catches for a season-high 70 yards and a touchdown), and nobody’s confusing either with a big game for the Chiefs.

In the abyss that was the 2012 season, Bowe’s only 100-yard games and the only touchdowns he caught were in an 18-point loss at Buffalo (perhaps remembered best for Bowe celebrating a meaningless fourth quarter touchdown by pointing to the name on the back of his jersey) and a 17-point loss to the Chargers.

Now, to be fair, Bowe had a spectacular season in 2010 when the Chiefs won the division: 72 catches, 1,162 yards, and an NFL-best 15 touchdown receptions.

But it’s also true that his three biggest games that year (a total of 32 catches, 509 yards and six touchdowns) were in blowout wins over the Seahawks and Titans, and a blowout loss to the Broncos, before not even showing up in the box score of the playoff game.

Bowe can change a lot of this on Saturday, of course. This is how the playoffs work.

This is, like he says, a "big-time game." And he can show himself to be a "big-time player."

But so far in his career, this is not the type of game he mostly shows up in.

Red Dawg
01-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Bowe is done. He's not making plays anymore and that's all he really ever had. He doesn't run good routes, he doesn't get open, he can't catch, and he doesn't draw double coverage. We aren't going to force the ball to him this week. We tried that last time against Indy and he let us down. He's not going to have a chance to make plays unless he breaks some tackles and makes it happen on his own. We cannot count on Bowe anymore.

I agree with those who think it's time to move on. You know he has got to be on Dorsey's shit list. He won't be able to trade him or cut him because of his contract. The best we can hope for is that he gets convicted when he goes to court. If that happens we might be able to opt out of the contract and I really think Dorsey would do it.

I'm surprised no one posted Mellinger's article from yesterday where he completely called Bowe out for his comments.

We will not just eat his contract. Dorsey will fix our Wr's Packer style but Bowe will be here probably two more seasons. Hopefully he will change his mind and feel like working hard to be great. Dorsey has already been turning over rocks all season to find speed and talent. Not much he could during the season but he has been looking. Bowe just is not a game breaker. He has produced very few 30 or 40 yard TD's for a guy that paid like he is elite.

BigMeatballDave
01-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Eat shit, haters.

TripleThreat
01-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Eat shit, haters.

THaA Tt TAT DONT KILL ME CaN only Make me stronger

KChiefs1
01-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Too bad he has cement in his shoes.

ModSocks
01-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Too bad he has cement in his shoes.

Haters gonna hate

BigMeatballDave
01-04-2014, 05:56 PM
And then Bowe shit himself.

farmerchief
01-04-2014, 05:58 PM
There you go,Bowe, make a play when we need it!

Ragged Robin
01-04-2014, 07:05 PM
He couldn't have been thrown a better ball. How are you not aware of the sideline in that situation???? Unbelievable. He finally shows up, just not when we needed him the most.

HoneyBadger
01-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Ya, big time catches, you piece of shit.

htismaqe
01-04-2014, 07:09 PM
He couldn't have been thrown a better ball. How are you not aware of the sideline in that situation???? Unbelievable. He finally shows up, just not when we needed him the most.

That was a great play by the DB. But of course, it's all Bowe's fault. :rolleyes:

suds79
01-04-2014, 07:11 PM
No catch, runs back towards the middle of the field getting tackled short of TD.

This guy sucks

Ragged Robin
01-04-2014, 07:11 PM
That was a great play by the DB. But of course, it's all Bowe's fault. :rolleyes:

You've never seen a receiver adjust his balance and get both feet in bounds on a sideline catch before? Nope. Big time players make that play, just like Bowe said. Unfortunately he's not one of them.

KC_Connection
01-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Dumb.

htismaqe
You've never seen a receiver adjust his balance and get both feet in bounds on a sideline catch before? Nope. Big time players make that play, just like Bowe said. Unfortunately he's not one of them.

You're a fucking moron and that's being kind.

Chiefshrink
There you go,Bowe, make a play when we need it!

Many on this board will put the knee pads on for this guy, but not me. And why Bowe will never be great. No brains,no focus, no heart thus no desire to be great when great is needed.

Xanathol
That whole situation was dumb coaching. Dumb to let the clock hit the 2 minute warning of you thought you were out of field goal range. Dumb to call your last time out after the two minute warning. Dumb to call a deep sideline pattern on 4th down when a defender can just force a guy into the sideline. Dumb dumb dumb. But yeah, that was Bowe's fault...

If not for Bowe, the game was over much earlier.

Chiefshrink
01-04-2014, 07:15 PM
You're a ****ing moron and that's being kind.

continue to put those knee pads:rolleyes:

htismaqe
01-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Many on this board will put the knee pads on for this guy, but not me. And why Bowe will never be great. No brains,no focus, no heart thus no desire to be great when great is needed.

I guess Mayock was "putting on kneepads" too?

Anybody with an IQ above 4 could see that the DB forced him to the sideline.

kcxiv
01-04-2014, 07:20 PM
i cant blame him on that one. Throw was a good throw, it justh appened to be alittle tomuch to the sideline while being bumped by the defender.

Its just the Chiefs being the chiefs.

RobBlake
01-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Bowe has been overrated for such a long time.. throw boldin in there and he makes that catch. It's why i always hated playing against Boldin because those players are rare.

Chief fans i know you wanted the SB, but you guys are building something LONG TERM. Alex is the man that can win games, provide more weapons outside.. this draft is FULL of them. I hope my team gets their share in the draft as well. I was really rooting for KC to do good

RobBlake
01-04-2014, 07:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdLaHznCUAAeSw-.jpg

Iconic
01-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Bowe caught that ball one handed using his chest across a DB's helmet. I have no idea how you can blame him for that. It was a poorly thrown ball and anyone with even half a brain can see if it's thrown higher it's a catch.

KC_Connection
01-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Bowe haters are the absolute worst. Dumbest too.

Chiefshrink
01-04-2014, 07:26 PM
That whole situation was dumb coaching. Dumb to let the clock hit the 2 minute warning of you thought you were out of field goal range. Dumb to call your last time out after the two minute warning. Dumb to call a deep sideline pattern on 4th down when a defender can just force a guy into the sideline. Dumb dumb dumb. But yeah, that was Bowe's fault...

If not for Bowe, the game was over much earlier.

Reid wanted to see what D was being thrown at him(so he could pick from a pool of plays for that type of D) since that was the last possible play of the season is my guess why he called timeout. It backs my theory up from the last Chargers game at home and why he called timeout when he should have let the clock run. He didn't have a play or set of plays ready ONCE AGAIN. No matter what D was being thrown at Alex, Reid could have had him audible to a different play if needed IF Reid was ready.

Bowe is NOT a GAMER, plain and simple. He needed to line up 1 yard closer inside to ensure he gets a good opportunity to get both feet in because he does make the catch. I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with the play. I have a problem with Bowe's brains and heart:rolleyes:

RobBlake
01-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Bowe caught that ball one handed using his chest across a DB's helmet. I have no idea how you can blame him for that. It was a poorly thrown ball and anyone with even half a brain can see if it's thrown higher it's a catch.

well people with a full brain know that if the ball was more inside the db could have made a play on it. Bowe needed to get his feet in

RobBlake
01-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Bowe haters are the absolute worst. Dumbest too.

You mean the guy that plays half assed most of the time and can barely garner separation? Or busy getting caught with weed during season?

baitism
01-04-2014, 07:28 PM
If Bowe had any speed it would have been a catch. DB made up two steps while the ball was in mid-air.

Simplicity
01-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Nice big play Bowe... It was up to you and you fucking blew it... Congrats... Now please move over, Marqise Lee needs room for his bags.

Chiefshrink
01-04-2014, 07:30 PM
I guess Mayock was "putting on kneepads" too?

Anybody with an IQ above 4 could see that the DB forced him to the sideline.

A great gamer WR doesn't let an undersized DB force him to the sideline ESPECIALLY when it's time to be GREAT and possibly the last play of the season !!!

Keep those knee pads on !!:rolleyes:

FloridaMan88
01-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Bowe played a very good game no doubt, but as usual with him it is never a complete game.

1) Bowe not being able to finish on the big catch early in the game and get a TD (the Chiefs had to settle for a FG).

2) Bowe dropping a third down pass during the middle of the Colts comeback.

3) Bowe be taken down by a shoestring tackle on the first play of the final drive.

4) Bowe not being aware of his proximity to the sideline and getting both feet in bounds on the final play. Would that have been a tough catch? Yes. Do NFL WR's make that type of catch on a regular basis? Yes.

With Bowe in this game, it is good but not good enough. The story of his career.

htismaqe
01-04-2014, 07:32 PM
He needed to line up 1 yard closer inside to ensure he gets a good opportunity to get both feet in because he does make the catch.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

KC_Connection
01-04-2014, 07:33 PM
You mean the guy that plays half assed most of the time and can barely garner separation? Or busy getting caught with weed during season?
Case in point.

htismaqe
01-04-2014, 07:33 PM
A great gamer WR doesn't let an undersized DB force him to the sideline ESPECIALLY when it's time to be GREAT and possibly the last play of the season !!!

Keep those knee pads on !!:rolleyes:

You sure are obsessed with knee pads. Wipe the drool off the corner of your mouth, moron.

Bewbies
01-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Bowe was all we had left on the last drive. He's a stud, hate for him that his toes landed 6 inches too far to his right.

Chiefshrink
Nice big play Bowe... It was up to you and you ****ing blew it... Congrats... Now please move over, Marqise Lee needs room for his bags.

Precisely !! Let's get somebody in here that can not only play BIG when NEEDED but ACTUALLY WANTS TO PLAY BIG ALL THE TIME !!

Is that too much to ask??:shrug:

Hammock Parties
Bowe had a great game.

Proud of him.

Iconic
01-04-2014, 07:39 PM
well people with a full brain know that if the ball was more inside the db could have made a play on it. Bowe needed to get his feet in

The ball was thrown inside...
Josh Gordy is 5.11. He's not making any plays on a ball thrown high for Bowe. Bowe needed to catch that with his hands, not his chest. He can't do that with the ball Alex threw to him. It's just impossible.

jspchief
01-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Bowe had a great game.

Proud of him.

Bowe played a great game. Any hate aimed at him today is misplaced.

SAUTO
01-04-2014, 07:40 PM
fuck anyone crying about bowe

Chiefshrink
01-04-2014, 07:42 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Laugh all you want "No Focus Bowe" let an undersized DB force him out of bounds on the last play of the season that very easily could have been at minimum result a game leading FG if not a TD on that last series.

htismaqe
01-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Precisely !! Let's get somebody in here that can not only play BIG when NEEDED but ACTUALLY WANTS TO PLAY BIG ALL THE TIME !!

Is that too much to ask??:shrug:

How about we focus on getting someone to play free safety that just plays, don't care if he plays big. Just show up and he'd be better than Kendrick Lewis.

Between people blaming Smith and people blaming Bowe, I wonder if half this board knows anything about football. Wait, no I don't.

htismaqe
01-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Laugh all you want "No Focus Bowe" let an undersized DB force him out of bounds on the last play of the season that very easily could have been at minimum result a game leading FG if not a TD on that last series.

Keep posting and I'll keep laughing. You're on fire!

RobBlake
01-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Case in point.

Case in point you cannot refute it. Bowe is not a number one WR. He would highly excel with a dynamic WR to take off the pressure from him. If kc drafts a stud in the draft you will see what i am talking about. Bowe is by no means a horrible WR. He just isn't what some make him out to be.

Chiefshrink
01-04-2014, 07:52 PM
The ball was thrown inside...
Josh Gordy is 5.11. He's not making any plays on a ball thrown high for Bowe. Bowe needed to catch that with his hands, not his chest. He can't do that with the ball Alex threw to him. It's just impossible.

Bowe played a great game. Any hate aimed at him today is misplaced.

**** anyone crying about bowe

Bullsh**!!! Bowe is a HUGE UNDERACHIEVER when NEEDED THE MOST and has proven this time and time again, and again this afternoon when all he had to do was run a forceful straight line muscling out his undersized opponent. If the opponent forces back it's a DB penalty at least because the DB did not turn around to play the ball. Bowe just showed no brains,focus or heart to keep himself in bounds and you could tell by the way he casually came down with that 2nd foot.

Chiefshrink
01-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Keep posting and I'll keep laughing. You're on fire!

No rebuttal, uh ?? :clap:

SAUTO
01-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Bullsh**!!! Bowe is a HUGE UNDERACHIEVER when NEEDED THE MOST and has proven this time and time again, and again this afternoon when all he had to do was run a forceful straight line muscling out his undersized opponent. If the opponent forces back it's a DB penalty at least because the DB did not turn around to play the ball. Bowe just showed no brains,focus or heart to keep himself in bounds and you could tell by the way he casually came down with that 2nd foot.

go stick a fire hydrant up your pussy bitch.

lcarus
01-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Bowe did play a great game. He showed up. Surprised me. But a great WR would have made that catch in that situation.

laughsatyou907
01-04-2014, 07:54 PM
He didn't, Bowe is a bum. He made easy plays, and pussed out on any play that required a little effort.

ChiefRocka
01-04-2014, 07:55 PM
Very rare to see that out of a #1 WR on the last play of the game. The throw was there against man coverage.

Chiefshrink
01-04-2014, 07:58 PM
How about we focus on getting someone to play free safety that just plays, don't care if he plays big. Just show up and he'd be better than Kendrick Lewis.

Between people blaming Smith and people blaming Bowe, I wonder if half this board knows anything about football. Wait, no I don't.

I have no disagreement about Lewis because he is horrid. Which Smith ? If you are talking Sean then he and Dunta both need to go as well. Sean plays lazy giving up too many big plays and why Robinson was even offered a contract is beyond me.

I now see why Miami let Sean go:rolleyes:

SAUTO
01-04-2014, 07:58 PM
He didn't, Bowe is a bum. He made easy plays, and pussed out on any play that required a little effort.

shut
up

htismaqe
01-04-2014, 08:00 PM
No rebuttal, uh ?? :clap:

Rebuttal to what? You're a mouth breather. I don't do stupid.

Chiefshrink
01-04-2014, 08:00 PM
go stick a fire hydrant up your pussy bitch.

Go change your Bowe tampon:thumb:

Chiefshrink
01-04-2014, 08:03 PM
But a great WR would have made that catch in that situation.

Very rare to see that out of a #1 WR on the last play of the game. The throw was there against man coverage.

Thank you !! :clap:

A Great WR DOES make that play making SURE both feet are in because the throw and catch were there.

Iconic
01-04-2014, 08:04 PM

A Great WR DOES make that play making SURE both feet are in because the throw and catch were there.

Throw was not there.

Fansy the Famous Bard
01-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Throw was not there.

It hit him in the chest in stride. :shrug:

Hammock Parties
01-04-2014, 08:06 PM
really hard not to like dbowe

SAUTO
01-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Go change your Bowe tampon:thumb:

you are the fucking tampon

Discuss Thrower
He should've demanded out of KC. I feel sorry his, Jamaal's, Tamba's, Berry's and Flower's prime years are wasted in this joke of a franchise.

Chiefshrink
Rebuttal to what? You're a mouth breather. I don't do stupid.

Because you got nothing !!

You can't defend Bowe ADD(Attention Deficit Disorder). His lack of attention to detail especially when it could be the last play of the season KNOWING all of your other potential offensive weapons have gone down to injury and you are the last offensive playmaker left to make a GREAT play when NEEDED MOST and especially since you were PAID like one !!:shake:

Iconic

Yeah, that's why it's a bad pass.

SAUTO
01-04-2014, 08:09 PM

still it shouldn't have came to that.

all three people involved in that play deserve credit.

bowe, smith, the db

SAUTO
01-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Because you got nothing !!

You can't defend Bowe ADD(Attention Deficit Disorder). His lack of attention to detail especially when it could be the last play of the season KNOWING all of your other potential offensive weapons have gone down to injury and you are the last offensive playmaker left to make a GREAT play when NEEDED MOST and especially since you were PAID like one !!:shake:

pussy right here.
shut
the
fuck
up

Iconic
01-04-2014, 08:11 PM
still it shouldn't have came to that.

all three people involved in that play deserve credit.

bowe, smith, the db

Gordy did nothing. That ball is a catch if not under thrown.

Chiefshrink
01-04-2014, 08:14 PM
really hard not to like dbowe

Haley made him better but you see now what probably drove Haley nuts and what was Bowe's achilles heel. Lack of focus and attention to detail in critical moments. Understanding the situation if not having enough heart to be great when great is needed the most. That's why he got paid. Did he earn his millions today that he still gets to keep even though he didn't focus on the last play ??

SAUTO
01-04-2014, 08:14 PM

go on

Iconic
01-04-2014, 08:15 PM
go on

My name is Jon Doe and I like long walks on the beach?

BigMeatballDave
01-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Haley made him better but you see now what probably drove Haley nuts and what was Bowe's achilles heel. Lack of focus and attention to detail in critical moments. Understanding the situation if not having enough heart to be great when great is needed the most. That's why he got paid. Did he earn his millions today that he still gets to keep even though he didn't focus on the last play ??

Bowe was pretty good before Haley. Todd did nothing.

noa
01-04-2014, 08:20 PM
I cannot believe people are upset with bowe after this game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink
01-04-2014, 08:21 PM

Dude, he caught the ball in stride !! You don't catch a ball in stride if the ball is under thrown thus Bowe's feet don't land the way they did. He just didn't focus on making sure he stayed in bounds. You are correct Gordy did nothing but Gordy did make sure to cloak him enough to get him to move as close to the sideline as possible without interfering with him.

BigMeatballDave
Posted via Mobile Device

We call these people stupid.

FloridaMan88
Posted via Mobile Device

Not upset with Bowe.

He played a very good game.

Just acknowledging what is fact and fact is Bowe missed opportunities to finish on two huge plays.

That can't be denied.

SAUTO
01-04-2014, 08:22 PM
My name is Jon Doe and I like long walks on the beach?

yeah....

no.

ClevelandBronco
01-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Bowe did not half ass this game. He looked like a stud.

Rausch
01-04-2014, 08:25 PM

He was pushed out by the defender.

That's legal now...