PDA

View Full Version : Football "I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards and a Bigot"

Pages : [1] 2 3

Marco Polo
01-02-2014, 04:53 PM
The Vikings organization and the NFL could be sued if any of this is true from the special teams coordinator.

I can't imagine the depths of lawsuits that would accrue if any leader in my organization said some of the things that the special teams coordinator said.

Not to turn this into a Duck Dynasty/religion conversation but you can have your opinion, you just can't say those vile things ("nuke it until it glows") while representing your organization.

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-until-i-was-fired-by-two-cowards-an-1493208214#replies

Deberg_1990
01-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Chiefs fans favorite ST coach, Mike Priefer!

Marcellus
01-02-2014, 04:58 PM
This article and the replies to it are just as good as the other one.

http://deadspin.com/5941348/they-wont-magically-turn-you-into-a-lustful-cockmonster-chris-kluwe-explains-gay-marriage-to-the-politician-who-is-offended-by-an-nfl-player-supporting-it

Marco Polo
01-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Mike Priefer felt 'very strongly' Vikings needed to dump Kluwe.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Mike_Priefer_felt_very_strongly_Vikings_need_to_dump_Chris_Kluwe061913

BlackHelicopters
01-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Kluwe doesn't have a clue.

MMXcalibur
01-02-2014, 05:11 PM
Kickers and punters will speak when spoken to.

Gravedigger
01-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Kluwe is a social media whore, he's looking for people to pay attention to him. He said stupid shit like this when he was in the NFL and he's no different from today. Funny how the whole Phil Robertson thing blows up over all news outlets then Kluwe says he was punished because of his views. Why didn't this story come out before Phil Robertson? Because it needed something to give it legs, it's just like everyone jumping on the concussion bandwagon. If people see an opening they take it, forget working hard when you can just sue someone or make ridiculous accusations that even if they were true doesn't make a damn bit of difference in our society.

Bewbies
01-02-2014, 05:16 PM
I like how he hopes to destroy someone's life simply because they disagree with him. 'Merica

FloridaMan88
01-02-2014, 05:18 PM
I am sure this will help Kluwe get back into the NFL.

On the bright side for him, he will probably get his own show on MSNBC.

ChiTown
01-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Just so I understand this correctly, he's a punter, right?

Okay then, nothing to see here..........

splatbass
01-02-2014, 05:22 PM
even if they were true doesn't make a damn bit of difference in our society.

Promoting hate always makes a difference in our society. A negative one.

KChiefer
01-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Kluwe is a social media whore, he's looking for people to pay attention to him. He said stupid shit like this when he was in the NFL and he's no different from today. Funny how the whole Phil Robertson thing blows up over all news outlets then Kluwe says he was punished because of his views. Why didn't this story come out before Phil Robertson? Because it needed something to give it legs, it's just like everyone jumping on the concussion bandwagon. If people see an opening they take it, forget working hard when you can just sue someone or make ridiculous accusations that even if they were true doesn't make a damn bit of difference in our society.

He says in the article that he waited until the Vikings season was over so that it didn't affect the friends he had on the Vikings during the season.

A Salt Weapon
01-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Kickers and punters will speak when spoken to.

ROFL

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 05:37 PM

^this.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 05:38 PM
He says in the article that he waited until the Vikings season was over so that it didn't affect the friends he had on the Vikings during the season.

Yeah, because the Vikings had so much going for them this season.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 05:39 PM

:thumb:

Dante84
01-02-2014, 05:47 PM

This and Phil Robertson are completely different.

PR expressed his views, and A&E expressed theirs, by suspending him. PR can still quit, A&E can still fire him. No rights are violated, and everyone is treated fairly under the law.

What Kluwe is alleging is harassment by an employer because of his opinions on a human rights issue. Whether its true or not, it IS a legal issue, because in America, discriminatory language by your employer is not allowed.

Again - this situation is completely different than Phil Robertson, who's rights were not violated.

Eleazar
01-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Butthurt punter... go sell insurance

patteeu
01-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Yeah, because the Vikings had so much going for them this season.

What does that have to do with it? Winning season or losing season, the players are still trying to do (and keep) their jobs.

patteeu
01-02-2014, 05:50 PM

If you had read what he wrote, you'd realize that he says that by going public with all this he will probably end any chance he has of playing in NFL again.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 05:50 PM
I just find it amazing that the people who defend Phil Robertson when he speaks his mind attack Kluwe for speaking his mind.

Marcellus
01-02-2014, 05:53 PM
I like how he hopes to destroy someone's life simply because they disagree with him. 'Merica

So I take it you didn't read the article?

patteeu
01-02-2014, 05:53 PM
I have no problem believing what he says about his coaches and his GM. On the other hand, I have no problem with the team deciding to move on from a mediocre punter who won't stop bringing unwanted attention to the team and replacing him with an equally effective, cheaper alternative.

headsnap
01-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Butthurt punter... go sell insurance

LOL, I'm friends with a former NFL kicker(Super Bowl Winning BTW), he sells insurance now...

Dante84
01-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Also, let's not forget Phil Robertson's advice that men "should marry girls who are 15 or 16."

I'm not so sure he's the guy you want to rally your cause around.

FloridaMan88
01-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Now that Kluwe realizes he currently has no means to support his family and no income he'll sue the NFL for concussions/hating gays/hostile work environment/making him feel sad, etc, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Rain Man
01-02-2014, 06:07 PM
He was 24th in gross average last season, 18th in net average, and 31st in number of punts inside the 20 (though in fairness he was tied for 2nd in touchbacks). Perhaps he should have spent less time writing essays and more time punting.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 06:08 PM
I have no problem believing what he says about his coaches and his GM. On the other hand, I have no problem with the team deciding to move on from a mediocre punter who won't stop bringing unwanted attention to the team and replacing him with an equally effective, cheaper alternative.

and that is all Minnesota has to do to prove their decision was football and finance related - they got similar production from someone else at half the cost.

facts are facts.

Kiimo
01-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Now that Kluwe realizes he currently has no means to support his family and no income he'll sue the NFL for concussions/hating gays/hostile work environment/making him feel sad, etc, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Frankly it sounds like he'll be justified in doing so.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Frankly it sounds like he'll be justified in doing so.

again, the Vikings received similar production for half the cost.

Kluwe has no case against the Vikings.

However, it seems like he's been blacklisted from the league, so...

mcaj22
01-02-2014, 06:21 PM
the difference is PR doesn't suck at what he does, his job, he's very good at being an entertainer on television.

Kluwe, actually isn't a good punter.

It's like if Jason Collins wrote to deadspin saying the New Jersey Nets wont sign him because Jason Kidd is a bigot. No, they probably won't because you are not a good player.

Sofa King
01-02-2014, 06:27 PM
I don't think nearly enough people actually thought about what he said.... They're just here for the bashing.

Bewbies
01-02-2014, 06:36 PM
So I take it you didn't read the article?

If there's one thing I hope to achieve from sharing this story, it's to make sure that Mike Priefer never holds a coaching position again in the NFL, and ideally never coaches at any level. (According to the Pioneer Press, he is "the only in-house candidate with a chance" at the head-coaching job.) It's inexcusable that someone would use his status as a teacher and a role model to proselytize on behalf of his own doctrine of intolerance, and I hope he never gets another opportunity to pass his example along to anyone else.

No, I didn't see this paragraph either.

LoneWolf
01-02-2014, 06:36 PM
the difference is PR doesn't suck at what he does, his job, he's very good at being an entertainer on television.

Kluwe, actually isn't a good punter.

It's like if Jason Collins wrote to deadspin saying the New Jersey Nets wont sign him because Jason Kidd is a bigot. No, they probably won't because you are not a good player.

He was good enough to hold a job as a punter in the NFL for eight seasons. You don't do that if you suck at punting.

Gravedigger
01-02-2014, 06:37 PM

Yeah and that's bullshit. It doesn't matter if it was on the last day of the season or the Monday after.

Carlota69
01-02-2014, 06:38 PM
Well, according to his story, there were people within the organization that wanted to destroy his life, putting him out of work, because they disagreed with him.

patteeu
01-02-2014, 06:38 PM
I just find it amazing that the people who defend Phil Robinson when he speaks his mind attack Kluwe for speaking his mind.

What about the reverse? Are you at least equally amazed by Phil Robertson's critics who defend Kluwe?

Phil Robinson wasn't repeatedly asked to stop making public comments by his employer. In fact, the product A&E purports to sell is the Phil Robinson reality. By contrast, the Vikings are only interested in Kluwe's ability to kick the ball.

Bewbies
01-02-2014, 06:39 PM
He was good enough to hold a job as a punter in the NFL for eight seasons. You don't do that if you suck at punting.

If you look at all the dui's, domestic assaults, rapists, and even killing of people done by people who are signed by NFL teams after said crimes a guy speaking out on a political issue wouldn't be watching this season if people thought he was better than what they had.

mcaj22
01-02-2014, 06:40 PM

he fell off a cliff his last two years, they drafted a guy at 1/4 the price to do the same thing. It's a business. They did it the year before at kicker with Ryan Longwell and got Blair Walsh who made the Pro Bowl.

Gravedigger
Promoting hate always makes a difference in our society. A negative one.

There's always going to be racism, there's always going to be hatred, there's always going to be terrorism, and there's always going to be the Denver Broncos. You can try to change it, but people are who they are, stay away from the one's you don't agree with and your life will be better for it.

Bewbies
Well, according to his story, there were people within the organization that wanted to destroy his life, putting him out of work, because they disagreed with him.

Seems fair since his numbers were so good...

mcaj22
01-02-2014, 06:42 PM
in 2012 only Matt McBriar was shittier at punts inside 20.

enough said.

patteeu
01-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Yeah and that's bullshit. It doesn't matter if it was on the last day of the season or the Monday after.

Nonsense. His timing rationale makes complete sense whether you agree with him or not. There may be unstated reasons for the timing as well, but I don't see any reason to dismiss that one and it certainly does make a difference in terms of the position it puts his former teammates in.

Gravedigger
01-02-2014, 06:44 PM

PR expressed his views, and A&E expressed theirs, by suspending him. PR can still quit, A&E can still fire him. No rights are violated, and everyone is treated fairly under the law.

What Kluwe is alleging is harassment by an employer because of his opinions on a human rights issue. Whether its true or not, it IS a legal issue, because in America, discriminatory language by your employer is not allowed.

Again - this situation is completely different than Phil Robertson, who's rights were not violated.

They are different but the message is the same and there will always be similarities. When the media digs in and makes mountains out of molehills out of things like the Phil Robertson bullshit you open it up for bottom feeders to come along and take advantage of a similar type of topic and get their 15 minutes of fame out of it. Kluwe is one of those individuals, at least that's how he's always come across to me. I don't agree with Phil Robertson, but he's a good person with his own viewpoints, Kluwe is just a douchebag.

KChiefer
01-02-2014, 06:51 PM
FTR, Kluwe didn't say anything about suing the NFL or the Vikings.

TribalElder
01-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Gay punter just wanted to kick it

News at 11

cosmo20002
01-02-2014, 07:01 PM
The Vikings organization and the NFL could be sued if any of this is true from the special teams coordinator.

I can't imagine the depths of lawsuits that would accrue if any leader in my organization said some of the things that the special teams coordinator said.

Not to turn this into a Duck Dynasty/religion conversation but you can have your opinion, you just can't say those vile things ("nuke it until it glows") while representing your organization.

http://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-until-i-was-fired-by-two-cowards-an-1493208214#replies

Prison Bitch has a new favorite team.

Pants
01-02-2014, 07:01 PM
I don't think nearly enough people actually thought about what he said.... They're just here for the bashing.

Thought about? They would actually have to read the whole thing first.

This thread is a good barometer for the dumbassess on this website. :D

Pants
01-02-2014, 07:03 PM
They are different but the message is the same and there will always be similarities. When the media digs in and makes mountains out of molehills out of things like the Phil Robertson bullshit you open it up for bottom feeders to come along and take advantage of a similar type of topic and get their 15 minutes of fame out of it. Kluwe is one of those individuals, at least that's how he's always come across to me. I don't agree with Phil Robertson, but he's a good person with his own viewpoints, Kluwe is just a douchebag.

You would be right, except you didn't read the article, are completely ignorant to Kluwe's history and not very smart.

Not a good combination, my dude.

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Minnesota Vikings special teams coordinator MIKE PRIEFER just emailed me this statement regarding former Vikings punter CHRIS KLUWE'S attack today:

"I vehemently deny today’s allegations made by Chris Kluwe.

I want to be clear that I do not tolerate discrimination of any type and am respectful of all individuals. I personally have gay family members who I love and support just as I do any family member.

The primary reason I entered coaching was to affect people in a positive way. As a coach, I have always created an accepting environment for my players, including Chris, and have looked to support them both on and off the field.

The comments today have not only attacked my character and insulted my professionalism, but they have also impacted my family. While my career focus is to be a great professional football coach, my number one priority has always been to be a protective husband and father to my wife and children.

http://www.kfan.com/pages/psn_paulallen.html?article=11941032

hometeam
01-02-2014, 07:07 PM

Wrong.

Both employers have every right to reprimand the employees for outside of work related incidents.

Whether you are a bigot or an anti-bigot, your employer can fire your ass for ANYTHING not protected under federal law/state law or contractually. (Contract/union etc) Talking shit about ANYTHING in the media, is not a protected status by the feds.

So yea, it might have been a dick move, but it is EXACTLY the same as Phil Robertson.

Gravedigger
01-02-2014, 07:08 PM
You would be right, except you didn't read the article, are completely ignorant to Kluwe's history and not very smart.

Not a good combination, my dude.

I am right, I did read the article twice, I know Kluwe's history about as well as most, and I don't see how my comments above proved otherwise. I guess I could've provided links but other than that.... guess agree to disagree. Calling a guy an attention whore hardly seems like the worst thing in the world, but if it offended you then I don't know what to tell you.

Pants
01-02-2014, 07:12 PM
I am right, I did read the article twice, I know Kluwe's history about as well as most, and I don't see how my comments above proved otherwise. I guess I could've provided links but other than that.... guess agree to disagree. Calling a guy an attention whore hardly seems like the worst thing in the world, but if it offended you then I don't know what to tell you.

Be honest, you didn't just call him an attention whore.

Your whole mindset is just so painful to me. People with mindsets like yours stifle progress, in my opinion.

But yeah, I was just mainly pointing out that your argument might not be the strongest due to the fact that Kluwe was speaking out about these issues long before the Duck Dynasty dude said whatever it was he said.

Maybe I'm just overreacting.

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 07:17 PM

Your whole mindset is just so painful to me. People with mindsets like yours stifle progress, in my opinion.

But yeah, I was just mainly pointing out that your argument might not be the strongest due to the fact that Kluwe was speaking out about these issues long before the Duck Dynasty dude said whatever it was he said.

Your notion of progress is someone else's notion of decline. Welcome to the world. :thumb:

Marcellus
01-02-2014, 07:24 PM
No, I didn't see this paragraph either.

Or this one?

Near the end of November, several teammates and I were walking into a specialist meeting with Coach Priefer. We were laughing over one of the recent articles I had written supporting same-sex marriage rights, and one of my teammates made a joking remark about me leading the Pride parade. As we sat down in our chairs, Mike Priefer, in one of the meanest voices I can ever recall hearing, said: "We should round up all the gays, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows." The room grew intensely quiet, and none of the players said a word for the rest of the meeting. The atmosphere was decidedly tense. I had never had an interaction that hostile with any of my teammates on this issue—some didn't agree with me, but our conversations were always civil and respectful. Afterward, several told me that what Mike Priefer had said was "messed up."

I would say that goes farther than having a different opinion on same sex marriage.

Pants
01-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Your notion of progress is someone else's notion of decline. Welcome to the world. :thumb:

Sorry, I was talking about this:

There's always going to be racism, there's always going to be hatred, there's always going to be terrorism, and there's always going to be the Denver Broncos. You can try to change it, but people are who they are, stay away from the one's you don't agree with and your life will be better for it.

Gravedigger
01-02-2014, 07:27 PM

And Kluwe has constantly put himself out there. This wasn't a leaked email, this was an open letter, placed out there by him. Accusing an organization of deliberately getting rid of him based on his views of same sex equality. He accuses the ST coach of saying some pretty terrible things, not saying he's lying, but in the end he's saying that Spielman AND Frazier were cowards and that they said if the SPECIAL TEAMS COACH, I highlighted it to show the insignificance of the ST coaches opinion about the views of the Punter, believed that he shouldn't be on the team because of said views, then they were fine with that. It's all a little too far fetched in my personal opinion.

Kluwe has no proof, it's one guys story, and I don't trust his story. If I had to put my thumb down on his Character, I'd say he's that guy who has burned some bridges in his time with the Vikings in more ways than one. Maybe he was a problem in the locker room, constantly caused problems by being so outspoken and accusing people of being something that they aren't. He's already shown that he's that guy that your word is never safe around him. If you say that you hate gays, and you think you're around the fellas and they know the way things go, well that's not the case. Call out the Special Teams coach, that's fine, but to outright call the Coach and GM cowards? None too smart, good luck getting a job in the future Chris Kluwe.

Sorter
01-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Or this one?

I would say that goes farther than having a different opinion on same sex marriage.

Maybe he just has poor delivery for jokes?

LMAO

stevieray
01-02-2014, 07:34 PM
....hope he saved his money.

Gravedigger
01-02-2014, 07:35 PM

LMAO

I could just see him standing there in front of them waiting for a reaction then awkwardly having to get back to drawing on the dry erase board. LMAO

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 07:35 PM

LMAO

LMAO

This

"I'm offended that he said something similar to what I've written about a thousand times!"/CP poster

Chiefnj2
01-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Kluwe has no proof, it's one guys story, and I don't trust his story. .

You didn't read the story did you?

Pants
01-02-2014, 07:36 PM
I could just see him standing there in front of them waiting for a reaction then awkwardly having to get back to drawing on the dry erase board. LMAO

That actually is a hilarious scenario. LMAO

Sorter
01-02-2014, 07:43 PM

ROFL

Dave Lane
01-02-2014, 08:03 PM
I love Chris, he would be a awesome announcer I hope he gets that chance.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 08:03 PM

And there are plenty here in this thread that want the same thing. These people suck.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 08:06 PM
What about the reverse? Are you at least equally amazed by Phil Robertson's critics who defend Kluwe?

Everyone has the right to say whatever they want. But some here love defending bigots, racists, and homophobes, while attacking people who stand up against that hate. They will have their own reward for their hatred. In the end the only one hurt by hate is the hater.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 08:08 PM

You might want to take your own advice. You are the one attacking someone for disagreeing with you not me.

Sully
01-02-2014, 08:09 PM
What I've learned...
Guy who is on a REALITY SHOW; god guy. Simply speaking his mind.

Guy who writes a BLOG; Attention whoring douchebag!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 08:11 PM
I just find it amazing that the people who defend Phil Robertson when he speaks his mind attack Kluwe for speaking his mind.

Kluwe's mind doesn't meat (see what I did there) their agenda. Right?

I haven't read this thread. I have one question. Are the homophobes (all in the name of solid Christian thinking of course) making their positions clear?

NinerDoug
01-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Fired by two cowards and a bigfoot?

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Everyone has the right to say whatever they want. But some here love defending bigots, racists, and homophobes, while attacking people who stand up against that hate. They will have their own reward for their hatred. In the end the only one hurt by hate is the hater.

oh, quit fucking whining.

DenverChief
01-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Wrong.

Both employers have every right to reprimand the employees for outside of work related incidents.

Whether you are a bigot or an anti-bigot, your employer can fire your ass for ANYTHING not protected under federal law/state law or contractually. (Contract/union etc) Talking shit about ANYTHING in the media, is not a protected status by the feds.

So yea, it might have been a dick move, but it is EXACTLY the same as Phil Robertson.

Depends on if you are in a right to work state or not

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 08:16 PM
What I've learned...

This is coming from a Christian. The rest of you should be taking notes. Way to be a good example, Sully. I know you're not looking for this from me, but I can't help it.

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 08:19 PM

Yours is the kind of post that really needs to be pointed out for what it is, which is a steaming pile of hypocritical bullshit.

Sully
01-02-2014, 08:19 PM
This is coming from a Christian. The rest of you should be taking notes. Way to be a good example, Sully. I know you're not looking for this from me, but I can't help it.

I appreciate it. But let's face it, the people who you are talking to don't view me as a "real" Christian, anyway, so it probably falls on deaf ears. I just thought that was a funny parallel.

Hope you had a great holidays.

Dante84
01-02-2014, 08:21 PM

A good person who advocates men marrying underage girls?

No, no I don't think he is a good person.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-02-2014, 08:23 PM
I'm waiting for a kicker/punter head coach one day. It would be interesting

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Yours is the kind of post that really needs to be pointed out for what it is, which is a steaming pile of hypocritical bullshit.

How so?

Dante84
01-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Wrong.

No sir, you misunderstand.

It is illegal to tell a subordinate to quit supporting "fags" and to tell him that he is going to hell for not accepting Jesus and the bible as the "one truth." Again, allegations, but a legal issue if true.

It's different than the Phil Robertson issue.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 08:25 PM
I appreciate it. But let's face it, the people who you are talking to don't view me as a "real" Christian, anyway, so it probably falls on deaf ears. I just thought that was a funny parallel.

Hope you had a great holidays.

They were rough. But the Lord has blessed us this year, and we don't expect it to be a bouquet of roses every day. I do appreciate you asking though. I enjoyed seeing pictures of you and yours over the holidays, and it looked like they were great for ya'll, and you deserve it. You wonderful, good hearted, CHRISTIANS, you. ;)

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 08:27 PM

It is illegal to tell a subordinate to quit supporting "pillowbiters" and to tell him that he is going to hell for not accepting Jesus and the bible as the "one truth." Again, allegations, but a legal issue if true.

As much as I wish you were correct, I don't think you are. Sexual preference applies to those who prefer, not those who stand up for them. As far as I know. Would love to be told I'm wrong, and have it substantiated. Believe that.

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 08:28 PM
A good person who advocates men marrying underage girls?

No, no I don't think he is a good person.

“So Phil Robertson says men should marry girls when they're 15 years old. Can anyone tell if this is a ‘joke,’ or ‘comedy?’...”

According to People magazine, Robertson shared the exact same sentiment in his book "Happy, Happy, Happy: My Life and Legacy as the Duck Commander." In the book, he writes that the idea of a 20 year old marrying for money is a joke.

"Now, that's a joke, and a lot of people seem to laugh at it, but there is a certain amount of truth in it," he writes of his suggestion to marry a 15 year old.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/31/phil-robertson-seen-in-new-video-saying-men-should-marry-girls-when-are-15-or/

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 08:29 PM
And Kluwe has constantly put himself out there. This wasn't a leaked email, this was an open letter, placed out there by him. Accusing an organization of deliberately getting rid of him based on his views of same sex equality. He accuses the ST coach of saying some pretty terrible things, not saying he's lying, but in the end he's saying that Spielman AND Frazier were cowards and that they said if the SPECIAL TEAMS COACH, I highlighted it to show the insignificance of the ST coaches opinion about the views of the Punter, believed that he shouldn't be on the team because of said views, then they were fine with that. It's all a little too far fetched in my personal opinion.

Kluwe has no proof, it's one guys story, and I don't trust his story. If I had to put my thumb down on his Character, I'd say he's that guy who has burned some bridges in his time with the Vikings in more ways than one. Maybe he was a problem in the locker room, constantly caused problems by being so outspoken and accusing people of being something that they aren't. He's already shown that he's that guy that your word is never safe around him. If you say that you hate gays, and you think you're around the fellas and they know the way things go, well that's not the case. Call out the Special Teams coach, that's fine, but to outright call the Coach and GM cowards? None too smart, good luck getting a job in the future Chris Kluwe.

Do you believe in equal rights for everyone?

RealSNR
01-02-2014, 08:31 PM
This hasn't been brought up yet, but you all do know that Mike Priefer used to coach for the Chiefs, right?

He was Vermeil's ST coach.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Kluwe's mind doesn't meat (see what I did there) their agenda. Right?

I haven't read this thread. I have one question. Are the homophobes (all in the name of solid Christian thinking of course) making their positions clear?

They are making themselves clear.

1. People that say homophobic things should be defended because they are just using their free speech rights and it is wrong to criticize them.

2. People who speak out against homophobia should be fired and never work again. And be criticized.

That about sums up their arguments.

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 08:32 PM
How so?

Multiple levels. Talking about their "own reward" is really no different than "You'll burn in hell", for example.

People who demand tolerance are hypocrites. They don't want tolerance. They want full acceptance of only their point of view. If they were really about tolerance, they wouldn't be atacking people who opposed their position just for opposing their position.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 08:34 PM
oh, quit ****ing whining.

Your hate for anyone (including me) that disagrees with you is eating you up inside, whether you realize it or not.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 08:36 PM

What is hypocritical? I haven't criticized Kluwe or Robertson. I've just pointed out the hypocrisy of those that criticize one while making the other some kind of hero.

You need to look up the definition of "hypocritical".

Dante84
01-02-2014, 08:37 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/31/phil-robertson-seen-in-new-video-saying-men-should-marry-girls-when-are-15-or/

He married his wife when she was 16.

Also, Fox is a joke. (So is msnbc)

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 08:39 PM
He married his wife when he was 16.

Also, Fox is a joke. (So is msnbc)

He was 20, not 120, and 16 is legal marriage age in Louisiana. Also, Fox is just passing on the quotes. You seem invested in a position, for whatever reason.

Our age of consent laws, and marriage laws, are ridiculous and arbitrary, but 15 is certainly not an age that hasn't ever been accepted in this country.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Multiple levels. Talking about their "own reward" is really no different than "You'll burn in hell", for example.

People who demand tolerance are hypocrites. They don't want tolerance. They want full acceptance of only their point of view. If they were really about tolerance, they wouldn't be atacking people who opposed their position just for opposing their position.

You have no ****ing idea what I said, or what I meant.

By "own reward" I meant that the hate will eat them up inside and make their lives miserable. Have you ever met a hater that was really happy?

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 08:43 PM
LOL, I'm friends with a former NFL kicker(Super Bowl Winning BTW), he sells insurance now...
It's Fucking Len Elliot isn't it?

Dante84
01-02-2014, 08:44 PM
He was 20, not 120, and 16 is legal marriage age in Louisiana. Also, Fox is just passing on the quotes. You seem invested in a position, for whatever reason.

Our age of consent laws, and marriage laws, are ridiculous and arbitrary, but 15 is certainly not an age that hasn't ever been accepted in this country.

Typo- should have been "she."

In either case, joking or not, marrying underage girls is a pretty hilarious comment for that bible totin' man to tell.

Dante84
01-02-2014, 08:45 PM
The dude is a piece of shit, is what I'm getting at.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 08:58 PM

Does that go the other direction as well? Or do you find this to be a 1 way street?

RealSNR
01-02-2014, 09:03 PM

1. People that say homophobic things should be defended because they are just using their free speech rights and it is wrong to criticize them.

2. People who speak out against homophobia should be fired and never work again. And be criticized.

I definitely agree with this. However, I still think that the Vikings were simply going with the younger and cheaper option, which makes the two scenarios somewhat different.

Red Dawg
01-02-2014, 09:11 PM
That subject line would make a great t shirt.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 09:27 PM

dude is obviously a liberal.

Gravedigger
01-02-2014, 09:27 PM
You might want to take your own advice. You are the one attacking someone for disagreeing with you not me.

What part of that post do I need to take my own advice? It's my advice, I know it well, it's how I live my life. I disagree with people on here, hence why we're not buddy's in real life. I'm not going to buy you a beer, no offense, but I'm not attacking anyone. If the worst thing you read out of this entire thread from me is that I tell you to avoid people you don't see eye to eye with and you'll have a better life for it, then .... it's logic, I don't really see the problem.

Kluwe is who he is, I'm not trying to tell him how to act, but as many chat boards in the past have taught us, it's all about questioning, judging, and saying what we would do if we were in his shoes. I question his paranoia about people firing him over his views of equality, seems far fetched to me. I'm judging his methods of issuing an open letter to anyone who'll give him the time of day to read it in hopes of slandering people further for firing him, seems like he's doing what alot of 15 year old girls do in high school and seems immature to me. AND if I were in his shoes I wouldn't drag the GM and Coach into the picture and slander them because you're not setting yourself up for any gigs anytime soon, it comes across as just plain stupid to me. This is the internet, he has his right to say whatever he wants to and I have the right to disagree with it, just as you guys have the right to disagree with what I say. No hard feelings, I'm sure Chris Kluwe gives two shits about what a guy from Kansas thinks of him.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 09:29 PM
You have no ****ing idea what I said, or what I meant.

By "own reward" I meant that the hate will eat them up inside and make their lives miserable. Have you ever met a hater that was really happy?

I hate you, and my life is amazing, and I'm totally happy, all the time.

it's ironical how that happened, but it's true.

Snapplez
01-02-2014, 09:33 PM
If the only reason he got fired is cause the Vikings hate teh gheys, then why isn't he on a different team?

Kluwe sucks da penis

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Your hate for anyone (including me) that disagrees with you is eating you up inside, whether you realize it or not.

only when I subject myself to your 'diarrhea-of-the-fingers' postings.

most of the time, I think so little of you and your ilk that to call it 'hate' would be an exaggeration of the term.

but if it makes you feel important and gives you ammo, you can call me a 'hater'.

patteeu
01-02-2014, 09:35 PM

Sounds kind of hypocritical to me. Your bigotry toward traditional Christians like the Duck Dynasty guy undermines your message, IMO.

stevieray
01-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Sounds kind of hypocritical to me. Your bigotry toward traditional Christians like the Duck Dynasty guy undermines your message, IMO.

you'll have to forgive him, he's in the bathroom nursing his "hate" rewards.

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Does that go the other direction as well? Or do you find this to be a 1 way street?

I'd be happy to answer, but I don't know that the "that" is, that you're asking about. Can you clarify that a bit?

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 09:39 PM
If the only reason he got fired is cause the Vikings hate teh gheys, then why isn't he on a different team?

Kluwe sucks da penis

Possibly because they didn't want to deal with the backlash of someone who is outspoken for gay rights. They prefer to cater to those who bash them and criticize.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 09:41 PM
I genuinely find it fascinating for people to accuse the other side of being intolerant, when every side seems to be intolerant of the other's anymore. Why make that argument when you yourself are being intolerant? That's directed at pretty much everyone, not just one person, despite how it's worded.

Just Passin' By

You can find hypocrites all along the political spectrum. Who is being the hypocrite just tends to vary depending upon the topic.

Mr. Flopnuts
I'd be happy to answer, but I don't know that the "that" is, that you're asking about. Can you clarify that a bit?

I meant that those who are asking for tolerance are the only hypocritical individuals in this case.

rabblerouser
you'll have to forgive him, he's in the bathroom nursing his "hate" rewards.

He's a hate hater.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 09:42 PM
You can find hypocrites all along the political spectrum. Who is being the hypocrite just tends to vary depending upon the topic.

You just answered my question. Really I was just seeing if I should listen to your further opinions. I always appreciate an open mind. One you've just displayed with the above post.

Chief Roundup
Yeah coming out wouldn't hurt Aaron Rodgers career. Noooo not at all.

J Diddy
I genuinely find it fascinating for people to accuse the other side of being intolerant, when every side seems to be intolerant of the other's anymore. Why make that argument when you yourself are being intolerant? That's directed at pretty much everyone, not just one person, despite how it's worded.

It's very seldom that someone is willing to let go of their opinion. I think Spock may be the only one.

Snapplez
01-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Possibly because they didn't want to deal with the backlash of someone who is outspoken for gay rights. They prefer to cater to those who bash them and criticize.

Teams will keep wife beaters, dick pic messengers, drug addicts, and any other number of things on their teams. I highly doubt thats what is causing Kluwe problems keeping a punting job. Fact of the matter is, he's gotten workouts with other teams since he got cut again by the Raiders. He hasn't landed a job.

Its cause he's not a good player.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 09:44 PM

his particular brand of hypocrite is exclusive to those who subscribe to the Cult of Liberal Ideological Boolshit.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 09:45 PM
You're a no good, fag loving, immoral, piece of trash, that is sucking up oxygen for the rest of us. But I say that as Christian as possible!

Demonpenz
01-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Good on the Vikings for taking out the trash.

patteeu
01-02-2014, 09:46 PM

That's what it looks like through the filter of a bigot. This is closer to reality:

1. People that express a non-hateful opinion based on a traditional, mainstream Christian viewpoint shouldn't be considered haters. You know, there's a difference between saying something is sinful and saying you hate the sinner.

2. People who speak out on controversial political topics against their bosses wishes and to the perceived detriment of their employer should understand that there may be consequences, including potential termination.

patteeu
01-02-2014, 09:49 PM
What is hypocritical? I haven't criticized Kluwe or Robertson. I've just pointed out the hypocrisy of those that criticize one while making the other some kind of hero.

You need to look up the definition of "hypocritical".

Your hypocrisy is in not being willing to point out the same type of hypocrisy of those taking the reverse positions, even when prompted.

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 09:49 PM
I meant that those who are asking for tolerance are the only hypocritical individuals in this case.

Has someone who's on the other side of the issue been hypocritical in this thread? Maybe, depending on how they tried to differentiate this from Duck Dynasty. I don't recall it, but I don't deny that it's possible. I've missed some posts because I've been going back and forth between this and trying to get my snowblower to start again.

One year old and the damned thing is already playing games. :banghead:

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Teams will keep wife beaters, dick pic messengers, drug addicts, and any other number of things on their teams. I highly doubt thats what is causing Kluwe problems keeping a punting job. Fact of the matter is, he's gotten workouts with other teams since he got cut again by the Raiders. He hasn't landed a job.

Its cause he's not a good player.

His stats from last year were middle of the pack this year. (according to him) If that's the case then he can still play in the league. I don't know much about him so cannot say definitely one way or another.

However, you can not honestly say that people aren't blacklisted because of fear of distraction.

stevieray
01-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Has someone who's on the other side of the issue been hypocritical in this thread? Maybe, depending on how they tried to differentiate this from Duck Dynasty. I don't recall it, but I don't deny that it's possible. I've missed some posts because I've been going back and forth between this and trying to get my snowblower to start again.

One year old and the damned thing is already playing games. :banghead:it hates you....intolerant snow"blowers" are the worst!

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 09:57 PM
it hates you.

:sulk:

Maybe it's SNR in disguise.

stevieray
01-02-2014, 09:59 PM
:sulk:

Maybe it's SNR in disguise.

Snow
Non
Removal

????

Sorter
01-02-2014, 10:00 PM

Is intolerance of intolerance good?

I'm just so confused now!!!

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 10:04 PM

I'm sick and tired of having the 'shiny happy people, we should all get along' ideology crammed down my throat by the media and pop culture. I don't care about 'diversity' - it's all a crock of shit, as far as I'm concerned.

The whole thing pisses me off. The whole thing. People have wished me and my kids to die...because I'm not an Obama bootlicker. I don't believe in politics, period. I certainly don't believe in politicians. I damn sure don't look at one as any kind of savior or hero or anything. I was very critical of Bush II, and no one really argued. But I criticize the Great and Mighty O, and people get MAD, call me names, punch the wall, say I'm racist, a redneck, a Confederate...

I have never met a more intolerant group of people than today's liberal society. They believe their ideas are so good, that they should be laws. A few (older) libs are able to have intelligible discourse, but most are just parroting the company line. Like the hate-hater here.

people who act humanitarian or enlightened because of who they vote for ****ing annoy me. it gets old.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 10:05 PM

I think that depends on what you're intolerant of. Of course everyone else feels the same way in THAT regard, or at least for the most part, so it's a moot point.

Dave Lane
01-02-2014, 10:05 PM
There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm sick and tired of having the 'shiny happy people, we should all get along ideology crammed down my throat by the media and pop culture. I don't care about 'diversity' - it's all a crock of shit, as far as I'm concerned.

The whole thing pisses me off. The whole thing. People have wished me and my kids to die...because I'm not an Obama bootlicker. I don't believe in politics, period. I certainly don't believe in politicians. I damn sure don't look at one as any kind of savior or hero or anything. I was very critical of Bush II, and no one really argued. But I criticize the Great and Mighty O, and people get MAD, call me names, punch the wall, say I'm racist, a redneck, a Confederate...

I have never met a more intolerant group of people than today's liberal society. They believe their ideas are so good, that they should be laws. A few (older) libs are able to have intelligible discourse, but most are just parroting the company line.

it gets old.

I don't agree with all of that, but I do agree with some of it. Regardless, at least it's honest and how you really feel. So I appreciate you sharing it with me. /realtalk

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 10:06 PM
There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

You're calling me a racist? The only race I hate is the one you have to run!

Sorter
01-02-2014, 10:07 PM

Oh, you!

hometeam
01-02-2014, 10:09 PM

It is illegal to tell a subordinate to quit supporting "pillowbiters" and to tell him that he is going to hell for not accepting Jesus and the bible as the "one truth." Again, allegations, but a legal issue if true.

No, you misunderstand.

That is in no way illegal.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 10:10 PM
NO, YOU!

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 10:10 PM
That's what it looks like through the filter of a bigot. This is closer to reality:

1. People that express a non-hateful opinion based on a traditional, mainstream Christian viewpoint shouldn't be considered haters. You know, there's a difference between saying something is sinful and saying you hate the sinner.

2. People who speak out on controversial political topics against their bosses wishes and to the perceived detriment of their employer should understand that there may be consequences, including potential termination.

how astoundingly logical.

New World Order
01-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Guy needs to shut up. He was 22nd in yards per punt.

Dave Lane
01-02-2014, 10:13 PM
You're calling me a racist? The only race I hate is the one you have to run!

Hmmm more obscure reference than I would have guessed it seems.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2014, 10:14 PM

It became more familiar AFTER I posted the response. I remember it, just not where it's from.

J Diddy
I'm sick and tired of having the 'shiny happy people, we should all get along' ideology crammed down my throat by the media and pop culture. I don't care about 'diversity' - it's all a crock of shit, as far as I'm concerned.

I have never met a more intolerant group of people than today's liberal society. They believe their ideas are so good, that they should be laws. A few (older) libs are able to have intelligible discourse, but most are just parroting the company line. Like the hate-hater here.

people who act humanitarian or enlightened because of who they vote for ****ing annoy me. it gets old.

I don't give a shit who you voted for. I want you and your family to live and healthy life. That being said, when there is someone whose philosophy is to exclude rights to a group of people because they don't agree with their lifestyle, I feel that is wrong and I will say it. Just like you have the right to say your beliefs, Robertson had his, and I have mine. The silliness is that people think they can speak out against someone or a group of people and think that they have the right to say it but it shouldn't have repercussions.

Sorter

I enjoyed it.

Demonpenz
this is like reverse racism

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 10:15 PM
I don't agree with all of that, but I do agree with some of it. Regardless, at least it's honest and how you really feel. So I appreciate you sharing it with me. /realtalk

hey, it's just based on my own personal experiences, you know...I wish things weren't the way they were, I wish that the social injustices weren't perpetrated...

but they are. And, I am a complete, realistic, and ultimately happy person...as such, I live in a state of mind that accepts things for what they are, and believe that those things are the way they are for a reason. And that things are the way they are supposed to be in the universe.

Bump
01-02-2014, 10:16 PM
"As we sat down in our chairs, Mike Priefer, in one of the meanest voices I can ever recall hearing, said: "We should round up all the gays, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows."

that's a fucked up thing to say, if true.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 10:20 PM
I don't give a shit who you voted for. I want you and your family to live and healthy life. That being said, when there is someone whose philosophy is to exclude rights to a group of people because they don't agree with their lifestyle, I feel that is wrong and I will say it. Just like you have the right to say your beliefs, Robertson had his, and I have mine. The silliness is that people think they can speak out against someone or a group of people and think that they have the right to say it but it shouldn't have repercussions.

I'm not exclusionary; I believe that anyone who doesn't pay taxes, own property or own a business should not be allowed to vote or run for public office.

And that goes for all sexes, races, sexual orientations, religions, political affiliations, etc.

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 10:22 PM
I don't give a shit who you voted for. I want you and your family to live and healthy life. That being said, when there is someone whose philosophy is to exclude rights to a group of people because they don't agree with their lifestyle, I feel that is wrong and I will say it.

So you're good with pedophiles and those who are pro-bestiality?

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 10:23 PM
"As we sat down in our chairs, Mike Priefer, in one of the meanest voices I can ever recall hearing, said: "We should round up all the gays, send them to an island, and then nuke it until it glows."

that's a ****ed up thing to say, if true.

yeah, I hope, for Coach Mike's sake, that he was just trying to rattle Kluwe's cage, so to speak, and was trying to get under his skin. I hope he doesn't really feel that way.

stevieray
01-02-2014, 10:23 PM

dude has a camel toe! duh!

splatbass
01-02-2014, 10:25 PM

You are obviously ignorant.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 10:26 PM

Hey, who are we to judge?? They're people, too!!

C'mon...however you feel is okay!! Break free of the restraints of that oppressive Christian upbringing - fuck some chickens and rape some kids!!

Yee-haws!!

Oh wait, isn't that what redneck Christians do in the South??

man, my wires got crossed, can't keep my stereotypes straight .

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 10:27 PM

I think those would qualify as rights being taken away from a group, such as children and animals.

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 10:29 PM
I'm not exclusionary; I believe that anyone who doesn't pay taxes, own property or own a business should not be allowed to vote or run for public office.

And that goes for all sexes, races, sexual orientations, religions, political affiliations, etc.

That's a great way to keep the rich rich and the poor poor. Suffice to say I don't agree with that one iota.

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Hey, who are we to judge?? They're people, too!!

C'mon...however you feel is okay!! Break free of the restraints of that oppressive Christian upbringing - **** some chickens and rape some kids!!

Yee-haws!!

Oh wait, isn't that what redneck Christians do in the South??

man, my wires got crossed, can't keep my stereotypes straight .

You're not making any sense.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 10:30 PM
I hate you, and my life is amazing, and I'm totally happy, all the time.

it's ironical how that happened, but it's true.

I don't believe that. Usually people that hate really hate themselves and are projecting that hate onto others. If you are well balanced and comfortable with yourself you have no need to hate others just because they disagree with you.

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 10:31 PM
dude has a camel toe! duh!

I'll take a lot of crap from a lot of people but I refuse to take crap about my camel toe tattoo from a grown man who dresses up like Elvis when it's not halloween.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 10:31 PM
You are obviously ignorant.

You telling me you didn't vote for Obama??

Man, that's racist.

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 10:32 PM
I think those would qualify as rights being taken away from a group, such as children and animals.

Kids, at least after a fairly few years, and long before puberty, are capable of understanding actions and consenting to them, and animals aren't human, thus making rights irrelevant.

Again, are you ok with pedophiles and those who are pro-bestiality?

stevieray
01-02-2014, 10:32 PM
I'll take a lot of crap from a lot of people but I refuse to take crap about my camel toe tattoo from a grown man who dresses up like Elvis when it's not halloween.oh you're back to this now? LMAO

newsflash! full beard and a buzzcut.

it was a joke, woman.

like this...

do these pants make my ass look like a camel toe?

/JDiddy

splatbass
01-02-2014, 10:33 PM

I have no bigotry toward traditional Christians. My entire family are traditional Christians.

I have not criticized Mr. Redneck Duck Dude at all. Find one single post where I have.

You make a LOT of assumptions.

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 10:33 PM

Man, that's racist.

It seems to me that as a person who admittedly claims he doesn't like being singled out because he doesn't bow to the Mighty O, you sure do like making it an issue.

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 10:34 PM
oh you're back to this now?

newsflash! full beard and a buzzcut.

it was joke, woman.

As was mine, wanna be rat pack.

stevieray
01-02-2014, 10:36 PM
As was mine, wanna be rat pack.
I'm sorry, could you bring your stepstool next time? tired of talking down to you.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 10:36 PM
his particular brand of hypocrite is exclusive to those who subscribe to the Cult of Liberal Ideological Boolshit.

I'm not a liberal. I have some liberal beliefs, some moderate and some conservative. I take each issue on its own merits.

I believe you would be much better off if you did the same, instead if thinking anyone who disagrees with your ideology is an evil "liberal".

I put liberal in quotes, since you clearly have no idea what the word means.

stevieray
01-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Mr. Redneck... Find one single post where I have.

same post!

LMAO

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 10:39 PM
That's a great way to keep the rich rich and the poor poor. Suffice to say I don't agree with that one iota.

not necessarily; it would protect the interests of those who create.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Your hypocrisy is in not being willing to point out the same type of hypocrisy of those taking the reverse positions, even when prompted.

You are wrong because you only see it from your perspective.

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Kids, at least after a fairly few years, and long before puberty, are capable of understanding actions and consenting to them, and animals aren't human, thus making rights irrelevant.

Again, are you ok with pedophiles and those who are pro-bestiality?

I tell you what. You go fuck a dog in front of the humane society and a kid in front of the police station and come back and say what they think of your idea of those being remotely related.

I'm willing to bet that they don't agree with you.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 10:41 PM
I don't believe that. Usually people that hate really hate themselves and are projecting that hate onto others. If you are well balanced and comfortable with yourself you have no need to hate others just because they disagree with you.

ok

J Diddy
not necessarily; it would protect the interests of those who create.

and make sure that they were the only ones who could

splatbass

Apparently it is bad, and I'm an evil liberal because of it.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Guy needs to shut up. He was 22nd in yards per punt.

That means there were 10 punters with jobs worse than him. So why doesn't he replace one of them?

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 10:43 PM
I tell you what. You go **** a dog in front of the humane society and a kid in front of the police station and come back and say what they think of your idea of those being remotely related.

he's asking about the rights of those who get sexually turned on by kids and animals - don't they have rights, as well??

Children technically don't have 'rights' (kids in school have to ask to use the restroom, and parents make the kids go to school, for instance).

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 10:44 PM
I tell you what. You go **** a dog in front of the humane society and a kid in front of the police station and come back and say what they think of your idea of those being remotely related.

Whether they agree or not is not at issue. You made a statement:

don't give a shit who you voted for. I want you and your family to live and healthy life. That being said, when there is someone whose philosophy is to exclude rights to a group of people because they don't agree with their lifestyle, I feel that is wrong and I will say it.

I want to see if you're going to actually defend the pedophiles and pro-bestiality people based upon your stated position, or if you're going to admit that your statement wasn't true, and was just a way of covering over the "as long as I'm personally ok with that lifestyle" part that you didn't actually add to the post because it would completely undermine your position.

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 10:44 PM
he's asking about the rights of those who get sexually turned on by kids and animals - don't they have rights, as well??

Children technically don't have 'rights' (kids in school have to ask to use the restroom, and parents make the kids go to school, for instance).

Yep. However your right to swing your fist wildly ends at my nose.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 10:45 PM
That means there were 10 punters with jobs worse than him. So why doesn't he replace one of them?

Because the other guys were under contract already this year??

splatbass
01-02-2014, 10:46 PM

Man, that's racist.

What does who I voted for have to do with anything?

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Whether they agree or not is not at issue. You made a statement:

I want to see if you're going to actually defend the pedophiles and pro-bestiality people based upon your stated position, or if you're going to admit that your statement wasn't true, and was just a way of covering over the "as long as I'm personally ok with that lifestyle" part that you didn't actually add to the post.

I assumed that I wouldn't have to spell out that nobody has the right to hurt another innocent. I apologize. I'll type slower next time. I was being brief and didn't assume some idiot would compare gay rights to pedophile and bestial acts.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 10:47 PM
same post!

LMAO

Dude, I grew up a redneck in rural Missouri. I don't consider it to be an insult.

HonestChieffan
01-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Football is not a game favorable to liberals. People say mean stuff and get angry and sweaty and stuff.

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 10:48 PM
What does who I voted for have to do with anything?

People hated him because he didn't vote for Obama and they did. Don't you know?

stevieray
01-02-2014, 10:49 PM
That means there were 10 punters with jobs worse than him. So why doesn't he replace one of them?it's hard to punt while nailing yourself to the cross?

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I assumed that I wouldn't have to spell out that nobody has the right to hurt another innocent. I apologize. I'll type slower next time. I was being brief and didn't assume some idiot would compare gay rights to pedophile and bestial acts.

So you're going to keep trying to dodge the question, because the answer kills your argument. That's what I figured. That's a huge problem with the pro-tolerance people. They can't actually defend their position without either revolting the population or acknowledging that they're full of shit.

It's not about tolerance. It's about supporting your beliefs, and that's a completely different thing.

stevieray
01-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Dude, I grew up a redneck in rural Missouri. I don't consider it to be an insult.

"that's because it's coming from your perspective"

man, this is fun.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 10:50 PM
I was being brief and didn't assume some idiot would compare gay rights to pedophile and bestial acts.

People do it all the time. I can't count the number of people I've heard say that legalizing gay marriage will lead to people wanting to marry dogs and children. Hard to believe there are people that think that shallowly, but there are plenty of them.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 10:51 PM

man, this is fun.

Yes, watching you make no sense sure is fun.

stevieray
01-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Yes, watching you make no sense sure is fun.

you're done. by your own words. twice!

:doh!:

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Yep. However you're right to swing your fist wildly ends at my nose.

I'm not worried. However, it took me a bit to analyze your post (your vs you're)

Point is, I don't send my daughter to public school. I feel like THAT is tantamount to child abuse. What people feed their kids these days is a fucking crime.

I make the right choices REGARDLESS of the law. I do the right things, even when no one is looking. I don't need anyone to tell me what's right or what's wrong. And that is most definitely my right.

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 10:57 PM
So you're going to keep trying to dodge the question, because the answer kills your argument. That's what I figured. That's a huge problem with the pro-tolerance people. They can't actually defend their position without either revolting the population or acknowledging that they're full of shit.

It's not about tolerance. It's about supporting your beliefs, and that's a completely different thing.

Dude you're full of shit and are only hearing what you want to hear. LMAO

There is a huge difference between a group of people who are getting deprived of rights because of the sole reason that people don't agree with their life style and those who can't just do whatever they want because it infringes on other peoples rights.

Seriously, if that's your "argument buster" that they are equal then perhaps you need to get less dumb.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 10:58 PM

man, this is fun.

it's everyone's favorite stereotype!!

how's it hanging, steviegay??!!

stevieray
01-02-2014, 10:58 PM
it's everyone's favorite stereotype!!

how's it hanging, steviegay??!!

LMAO

you could always ask Dave Lane..he's down there almost everyday.

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 11:00 PM
I'm not worried. However, it took me a bit to analyze your post (your vs you're)

Point is, I don't send my daughter to public school. I feel like THAT is tantamount to child abuse. What people feed their kids these days is a ****ing crime.

I make the right choices REGARDLESS of the law. I do the right things, even when no one is looking. I don't need anyone to tell me what's right or what's wrong. And that is most definitely my right.

Yeah. I noticed it and edited it quite some time ago. You caught it before the edit.

You make what you deem the right choices. That right is not exclusive to you.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 11:01 PM

There is a huge difference between a group of people who are getting deprived of rights because of the sole reason that people don't agree with their life style and those who can't just do whatever they want because it infringes on other peoples rights.

Seriously, if that's your "argument buster" that they are equal then perhaps you need to get less dumb.

well, I understand what his point is.

So, I guess we're both 'dumb' together.

I guess, somehow, not understanding makes YOU the evolved empathetic intellectual, and WE'RE the dumb ones, right??

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 11:04 PM
Yeah. I noticed it and edited it quite some time ago. You caught it before the edit.

You make what you deem the right choices. That right is not exclusive to you.

I make what I deem to be the right choices FOR ME, and that should be exclusive to me.

Also, i don't pretend to know what is right for others. but I do know what's right for me.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 11:07 PM
LMAO

you could always ask Dave Lane..he's down there almost everyday.

Awwwwww BURN!!!

:thumb:

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 11:08 PM

You're making a claim that simply isn't there. You're trying to claim that pedophilia somehow automatically infringes upon someone's rights. That's not true anymore than claiming that homosexuality automatically does so.

As for animals, they have no rights. They're animals.

I get your conundrum here. You can't actually acknowledge that you oppose these things as a lifestyle because it kills your tolerance claim, yet you either oppose it, despite your lofty ideals, or you support it and know that acknowledging that would get you destroyed here.

It's a tough position to be in, and you've chosen to be a hypocrite on the subject. That's not surprising. That's what was expected.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 11:11 PM
You're making a claim that simply isn't there. You're trying to claim that pedophilia somehow automatically infringes upon someone's rights. That's not true anymore than claiming that homosexuality automatically does so.

I get your conundrum here. You can't actually acknowledge that you oppose these things as a lifestyle because it kills your tolerance claim, yet you either oppose it, despite your lofty ideals, or you support it and know that acknowledging that would get you destroyed here.

It's a tough position to be in, and you've chosen to be a hypocrite on the subject. That's not surprising. That's what was expected.

And typical.

+1 for absolute truth

J Diddy
01-02-2014, 11:15 PM

I have claimed that I have opposed these things. Numerous times. They take without consent. That's what's wrong with them. I shall not say it again.

Arguing with your fucked up logic is like arguing with a rock. I'm done with it.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 11:22 PM
I have claimed that I have opposed these things. Numerous times. They take without consent. That's what's wrong with them. I shall not say it again.

Arguing with your ****ed up logic is like arguing with a rock. I'm done with it.

you're just not very tolerant.

:shake:

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 11:25 PM
I have claimed that I have opposed these things. Numerous times. They take without consent.

This is simply not true, at least in all cases. Again, in order to try reconciling your positions, you're forced to claim that all children are incapable of granting consent. That's bullshit, and you know it.

Arguing with your ****ed up logic is like arguing with a rock. I'm done with it.

My logic is fine. Your position is just untenable if you use rational thinking instead of emoting and speaking banal platitudes.

rabblerouser
01-02-2014, 11:28 PM
This is simply not true, at least in all cases. Again, in order to try reconciling your positions, you're forced to claim that all children are incapable of granting consent. That's bullshit, and you know it.

My logic is fine. Your position is just untenable if you use rational thinking instead of just emoting and speaking banal platitudes.

You just won this thread and qualify for the playoffs to win the whole internets by making total rational sense - how does that make you feel??

splatbass
01-02-2014, 11:38 PM

Animals and children can't legally consent.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 11:39 PM
This is simply not true, at least in all cases. Again, in order to try reconciling your positions, you're forced to claim that all children are incapable of granting consent.

Legally they are. This is a fact.

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Animals and children can't legally consent.

Legally they are. This is a fact.

:spock:

Now you're going to try breaking out the law? Your argument's weaker than J. Diddy's. Homosexuals couldn't legally marry.

splatbass
01-02-2014, 11:50 PM

Now you're going to try breaking out the law? Your argument's weaker than J. Diddy's. Homosexuals couldn't legally marry.

Are you saying that having sex with animals and underage children is acceptable? Or are in any way comparable to consenting gay adults having sex?

Just Passin' By
01-02-2014, 11:55 PM
Are you saying that having sex with animals and underage children is acceptable?

No. I'm posing questions.

Or are in any way comparable to consenting gay adults having sex?

In the context of this discussion about groups being free to live their lifestyle, yes.

Are you willing to acknowledge that your appeal to legality was a garbage argument?

splatbass
01-03-2014, 12:05 AM
No. I'm posing questions.

In the context of this discussion about groups being free to live their lifestyle, yes.

Are you willing to acknowledge that your appeal to legality was a garbage argument?

It is not a garbage argument. Children and animals should NOT be able to consent. You are not free to live your lifestyle if you impose it on others that can't consent or are too young to say no to an authority figure.

Your freedom ends when it infringes on the rights or safety of others.

And none of this has anything to do with adult gay people consenting to have sex with one another.

Just Passin' By
01-03-2014, 12:08 AM
It is not a garbage argument. Children and animals should NOT be able to consent. You are not free to live your lifestyle if you impose it on others that can't consent or are too young to say no to an authority figure.

Of course it's a garbage argument. You know, to a certainty, that at least some children reach a point, still in childhood, where they are more than capable of granting consent.

stevieray
01-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Are you willing to acknowledge that your appeal to legality was a garbage argument?..meanwhile, schools are telling underage girls they don't need their parents consent to have an abortion..

splatbass
01-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Of course it's a garbage argument. You know, to a certainty, that at least some children reach a point, still in childhood, where they are more than capable of granting consent.

No, that is not true. Adults are authority figures and children are taught to obey them, especially with family members (and most child molestation is committed by family members).

You are actually saying that children should be able to consent to sex with adults. Sick.

Just Passin' By
01-03-2014, 12:15 AM
..meanwhile, schools are telling underage girls they don't need their parents consent to have an abortion..

They are also making condoms available, punishing 6 year old boys as sexual harassers (until a firestorm erupts and they back down) and teaching sexual education in elementary school.

splatbass
01-03-2014, 12:16 AM
..meanwhile, schools are telling underage girls they don't need their parents consent to have an abortion..

Where is this? In most places children legally are required to get consent from their parents or from a court to have an abortion. I seriously doubt this. It sounds like propaganda to me.

Just Passin' By
No, that is not true. Adults are authority figures and children are taught to obey them, especially with family members (and most child molestation is committed by family members).

It is true.

You are actually saying that children should be able to consent to sex with adults. Sick.

I've said no such thing.

stevieray
They are also making condoms available, punishing 6 year old boys as sexual harassers (until a firestorm erupts and they back down) and teaching sexual education in elementary school.

I saw that story...:shake:

i've also heard that young girls, due to crap in foods, are menstrating at a younger age...:mad:

splatbass
01-03-2014, 12:17 AM

If they don't teach sex and don't provide condoms many uninformed children will get pregnant. And then want an abortion. If you are anti-abortion you should be for condoms in school.

splatbass
01-03-2014, 12:19 AM
It is true.

I've said no such thing.

You said some children are capable of consenting.

Let me ask you a question. When an adult has sex with a child, who do you think should get to determine if that particular child is capable of giving consent, since you believe some are? Do you think it should be legal, if in your opinion the child was capable of consenting?

Just Passin' By
01-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Where is this? In most places children legally are required to get consent from their parents or from a court to have an abortion. I seriously doubt this. It sounds like propaganda to me.

It's been going on for decades. Feel free to google it.

Just Passin' By
01-03-2014, 12:20 AM
If they don't teach sex and don't provide condoms many uninformed children will get pregnant. And then want an abortion. If you are anti-abortion you should be for condoms in school.

Now you've fallen to this?

LMAO

stevieray
01-03-2014, 12:21 AM

talk about sick....damn.

ping2000
01-03-2014, 12:22 AM
But does he discount double check dudes? That is what we really need to know.

FloridaMan88
01-03-2014, 12:23 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/whaa.gif

Just Passin' By
01-03-2014, 12:27 AM
You said some children are capable of consenting.

Yes

Let me ask you a question. When an adult has sex with a child, who do you think should get to determine if that particular child is capable of giving consent, since you believe some are? Do you think it should be legal, if in your opinion the child was capable of consenting?

I've never claimed that I'm in favor of pedophilia being legalized. That's because I'm adamantly opposed to such a course of action. What I have done is use pedophila to demonstrate the hypocrisy inherent in someone's statement about tolerance.

splatbass
01-03-2014, 12:29 AM
Now you've fallen to this?

LMAO

Yes, I've fallen to common sense. Teens are going to have sex. If they are ignorant about and have no access to contraception some will get pregnant.

Are you aware that the teen pregnancy rate in the 1950s - the times most "traditional Christians" long for, was higher than it is today? It was just more hidden.

splatbass
01-03-2014, 12:31 AM
talk about sick....damn.

Read my post above this one. Your way is proven to cause more teen pregnancies.

splatbass
01-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Yes

I've never claimed that I'm in favor of pedophilia being legalized. That's because I'm adamantly opposed to such a course of action. What I have done is use pedophila to demonstrate the hypocrisy inherent in someone's statement about tolerance.

I'm intolerant of pedophilia and bestiality. I'm tolerant of homosexuality. These things are not inconsistent nor hypocritical.

stevieray
01-03-2014, 12:36 AM
Yes, I've fallen to common sense. Teens are going to have sex. If they are ignorant about and have no access to contraception some will get pregnant.

Are you aware that the teen pregnancy rate in the 1950s - the times most "traditional Christians" long for, was higher than it is today? It was just more hidden.

and did you know the divorce rate among blacks in the 50's was lower than everyone else...and today? eight out of ten black children born out of wedlock?
dropout rate? incarceration rate? almost half the abortions from 13% of the population?

ya, that live and let live has done wonders.

stevieray
01-03-2014, 12:38 AM
Read my post above this one. Your way is proven to cause more teen pregnancies.

:LOL: yup, that negative validates other negatives. great logic.

my way? just bash God and be done with it...

Just Passin' By

Your position isn't common sense. It's silliness that can be easily flipped.

Teens who are given condoms are going to want to use them. That's going to mean some of them have sex when they would not have otherwise, which will mean some of them will get pregnant.

And there we have it.

This does not justify government interference.

Sorter
I saw that story...:shake:

i've also heard that young girls, due to crap in foods, are menstrating at a younger age...:mad:

http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/cereal-guy-cereal-guy-spitting-l.png

What? Seriously?

Just Passin' By
01-03-2014, 12:41 AM
I'm intolerant of pedophilia and bestiality. I'm tolerant of homosexuality. These things are not inconsistent nor hypocritical.

You jumped into a discussion between myself and another person. That discussion was specific to a statement that person made.

Your stated claims of tolerance are meaningless with regards to that.

However, feel free to try explaining how your tolerance of the one without the others is not inconsistent or hypocritical, if you wish.

splatbass
01-03-2014, 12:49 AM
:LOL: yup, that negative validates other negatives. great logic.

my way? just bash God and be done with it...

This has NOTHING to do with God.

splatbass
01-03-2014, 12:51 AM
You jumped into a discussion between myself and another person. That discussion was specific to a statement that person made.

Your stated claims of tolerance are meaningless with regards to that.

However, feel free to try explaining how your tolerance of the one without the others is not inconsistent or hypocritical, if you wish.

Homosexuality is not morally equivalent to pedophilia or bestiality because THERE IS NO VICTIM.

Just Passin' By
01-03-2014, 12:53 AM
Homosexuality is not equivalent to pedophilia or bestiality because THERE IS NO VICTIM.

Ignoring bestiality for the moment, you make the assumption that there's a victim in all pedophilac relationships. What is the basis for such a claim, since it clearly cannot be consent?

stevieray
01-03-2014, 12:58 AM
This has NOTHING to do with God.

your statement of "my way" begs to differ.

splatbass
01-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Ignoring bestiality for the moment, you make the assumption that there's a victim in all pedophilac relationships. What is the basis for such a claim, since it clearly cannot be consent?

It clearly can be consent. Virtually the entire world has decided this.

splatbass
01-03-2014, 01:01 AM
your statement of "my way" begs to differ.

Your way of not teaching children about sex, yes. That has nothing to do with God. Many, many Christians supporting teaching sex education.

Give your "I'm so discriminated against because I am a member of the religion that 90% of Americans belong to" bullshit a rest. You are not discriminated against. You are just insecure and paranoid.

Just Passin' By
01-03-2014, 01:04 AM
It clearly can be consent. Virtually the entire world has decided this.

Have you figured out that your argument is based upon nothing, and is just a roundabout way of avoiding actually having to think, yet?

No kids can consent because of law, but homosexuals should be allowed to marry despite law, so those laws must be changed.

LMAO

Great stuff. The willful blindness and obvious hypocrisy is wonderful to behold.

splatbass
01-03-2014, 01:08 AM
Have you figured out that your argument is based upon nothing, and is just a roundabout way of avoiding actually having to think, yet?

No kids can consent because of law, but homosexuals should be allowed to marry despite law, so those laws must be changed.

LMAO

Great stuff. The willful blindness and obvious hypocrisy is wonderful to behold.

One last time. Adult homosexuals can consent and can have sex because it harms no one. Adults having sex with children harms the children. If you can't see this you are beyond hope.

Your freedom ends when it harms others.

Just Passin' By
01-03-2014, 01:12 AM
One last time. Adult homosexuals can consent and can have sex because it harms no one. Adults having sex with children harms the children. If you can't see this you are beyond hope.

Your freedom ends when it harms others.

Again, you keep making universal claims which are patently false. Tossing the personal barb at the end isn't going to somehow make them true.

KChiefer
01-03-2014, 01:14 AM
What? Seriously?

Some say hormones in foods...

but also b/c kids are overweight, their body thinks they can handle being pregnant earlier, which causes them to ovulate earlier.

rabblerouser
01-03-2014, 01:16 AM

ROFL

it's funny because it's true.

I love my Labrador, and feel like I should be allowed to marry her, regardless of how the majority of society feels.

it's truly amazing, how bought and sold people are. brainwashed, and locked into a way of thinking.

Even in plain black and white, in front of all CP.

You can lead a horse to water...

Blind nationalism. Mussolini would be proud.

Sorter
01-03-2014, 01:16 AM
Saw stevieray's rep comment.

Puked.

rabblerouser
01-03-2014, 01:17 AM
Some say hormones in foods...

but also b/c kids are overweight, their body thinks they can handle being pregnant earlier, which causes them to ovulate earlier.

Hormones in the milk makes their boobs come in early too

rabblerouser
01-03-2014, 01:19 AM

Puked.

Good times, eh??

I luzz me some stevieray.

stevieray
01-03-2014, 01:25 AM
Your way of not teaching children about sex, yes
never said that...you tried that crap on JPB too...the rest of your post just blather to cover up your failing argument.

...this is SOP for you.

stevieray
01-03-2014, 01:27 AM

Puked.

sucks.. and I have a new daughter.

rabblerouser
01-03-2014, 01:33 AM

Don't buy Homogenized milk - go organic!!

Sorter
01-03-2014, 01:35 AM

*shudders*

I can't even imagine.

Baby Lee
01-03-2014, 02:05 AM
What I've learned...

Were both of them interviewed?

Silock
01-03-2014, 02:14 AM
So, closed minded people trying to justify their bigotry run rampant on a football forum based around Kansas City. Color me shocked.

rabblerouser
01-03-2014, 02:41 AM
Were both of them interviewed?

Nah. no one cares about what the blogger wrote.

he used to be a punter in the NFL - no one important.

So, closed minded people trying to justify their bigotry run rampant on a football forum based around Kansas City. Color me shocked.

Yeah. but in all fairness, we've been trying to open some minds and provide some counterpoint...

Encumbered by idjits, we press on.

|Zach|
01-03-2014, 03:18 AM
Unsurprising story and thread.