PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How do you think John Dorsey's first draft as a Chief went?

scho63
01-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Seeing that tin can Fisher is hurt once again, I thought it would be a good time to discuss the first draft class of Dorsey as the regular season has ended.

Attached are the draft picks as a reminder

His number one pick has sucked, we cut the 6th round pick, two picks didn't play squat due to injuries, and the best two so far IMHO are Knile Davis and Mike Catapano.

Not sure about Nico Johnson yet as he gets no pub or recognition.

Eric Kush played decent but not great last week. He got tired early

I would give him a C-

Discuss....:kc:

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Tell you in 2 more years.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-03-2014, 04:34 PM
I thought it was a weak draft year top to bottom :shrug:
I'm more concerned about all the extra cap he had left him. That is now all but gone

jd1020
01-03-2014, 04:34 PM
After 1 year?

Big bag of shit.

lewdog
01-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Can I give an F-?

scho63
01-03-2014, 04:38 PM

Considering we had the # 1 pick in many rounds and so many good slots, you would think it would have been better but I agree, it's damn hard to judge a draft after just one year.

Pioli's drafts are looking better and better surprisingly

Coach
01-03-2014, 04:39 PM
How about Incomplete?

Check back in a year or two.

Case in point. Nobody thought Poe was supposed to be this solid.

Easy 6
01-03-2014, 04:40 PM
I'd rather grade it at the end of next year when we can finally see Commings, Fisher and Kelce play a whole season.

jd1020
01-03-2014, 04:41 PM
I'd rather grade it at the end of next year when we can finally see Commings, Fisher and Kelce play a whole season.

May never get to see Fisher play a whole season. Could be a blessing.

ModSocks
How about Incomplete?

I keep seeing this pop up.

The majority of the board had a "wait & see" approach with Poe and most posters were very positive about him after his rookie year.

Rausch
D+

Pablo
01-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Knile and Catapano save it from being a F draft.

D.

Pretty garbage after year one. Especially the soft pussy we drafted at 1.1.

But time will tell.

Pablo
01-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Jesus, are some of you really that afraid to grade a draft after the first year?

It isn't hard. Look at the players and their contributions assign a grade. You're allowed to change your opinion next year. Or the year after.

mcaj22
01-03-2014, 04:44 PM
are we still giving Tyson Jackson a free pass that he needs more time to improve from the 2009 draft?

Easy 6
01-03-2014, 04:45 PM
May never get to see Fisher play a whole season. Could be a blessing.

You may well be right.

jd1020
01-03-2014, 04:46 PM
are we still giving Tyson Jackson a free pass that he needs more time to improve from the 2009 draft?

Why would he need a pass? He's been solid for a couple years now.

CrazyPhuD
01-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Q- minus easy if Fisher gets his shit together maybe it will turn into a M-

seaofred
01-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Way to early to tell.

TimeForWasp
01-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Since I'm sure they wanted to trade the pick but couldn't. I think Fisher will be worth the pick in the long run.

jd1020
01-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Since I'm sure they wanted to trade the pick but couldn't. I think Fisher will be worth the pick in the long run.

Can't imagine a scenario where there wasn't a single offer on the table to trade back.

HemiEd
After 1 year?

Big bag of shit.

Pretty much. Knile Davis is the only one making any noise. From an F to a B if he would have taken a QB at 1.1.

Pablo
I'm waiting for the penz 'When will Fisher get his shit together?' parody thread.

mcaj22
01-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Why would he need a pass? He's been solid for a couple years now.

if by solid you mean part of the reason we don't have a pass rush, then I agree with that "solid"

jd1020
01-03-2014, 04:54 PM
if by solid you mean part of the reason we don't have a pass rush, then I agree with that "solid"

You're fucking dumb, lol.

wazu
01-03-2014, 04:56 PM
D+

And I'm giving partial credit for the top-of-second round pick that we gave up for Alex Smith looking like it may work out. Outside of that Knile Davis looks decent, Fisher is disappointing and will never live up to 1.1, or even 1.10, but if he turns out to be serviceable he might not be a total fail. Tyson Jackson, Part 2. Catapano I had hope for but didn't see do jack when our pass rushers got hurt.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2014, 04:59 PM
2-14 to 11-5

A+
Posted via Mobile Device

jd1020
01-03-2014, 05:01 PM
2-14 to 11-5

A+
Posted via Mobile Device

Credit Dorsey for the turn around?

Dorsey came after the coach. The coach wanted Alex Smith. And not a damn one of the draft picks made an impact on that record.

Pablo
01-03-2014, 05:03 PM
2-14 to 11-5

A+
Posted via Mobile DeviceLMAO

I hope this is trolling.

RealSNR
01-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Fisher has played like an abortion and was a stupid fucking pick.

Nico Johnson's been a pretty big disappointment. People thought he could challenge Jordan for the other LB spot next to DJ in training camp. When he's been active, he's barely made a dent on the special teams unit.

Kelce was very underwhelming in preseason and is a question mark going into next year coming off his injury coupled with questions if he can even cut it.

Commings is kind of in the same boat as Kelce.

Kush was a low-expectations pick, but looked somewhat promising in the San Diego game.

Catapano and Davis are basically the only guys besides Fisher who have seen the field and done anything meaningful at all.

So yeah, we can call it an incomplete, but this has been the worst-contributing Chiefs rookie class since 2009. It hasn't been good at all. That can change, yes, but thus far it's not good.

BlackHelicopters
01-03-2014, 05:13 PM
D-

DJ's left nut
01-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Pretty damn not good.

It needs to take a very large step forward to not be seen as on par with the 2009 abortion that is hurting us to this day. To be that high in each round and have an extra pick and essentially get no contributions from the draft is pretty inexcusable.

The last couple years of Pioli's drafts were pretty terrible as well. You don't get to keep spinning your wheels in this league; this draft needs to show something next year and the 2014 draft needs to be substantially more productive.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Fisher has played like an abortion and was a stupid ****ing pick.

Who would you have picked besides Fisher? Its not like he was a reach for this particular draft. 32 teams would have picked either him or Joeckel if they were in the same position.

Its not Dorseys fault this was a weak, weak draft.

Fritz88
01-03-2014, 05:22 PM
So far, not good.

I'll give him a pass for his first draft though. He did well with Cooper and Divto
Posted via Mobile Device

Kiimo
01-03-2014, 05:22 PM
How do you guys grade Geno Smith as a 1.1?

ILChief
01-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Incomplete

notorious
01-03-2014, 05:31 PM
WTF ever happened to Kelce?

jd1020
01-03-2014, 05:33 PM

Severely broke his vagina after he dropped pass after pass in preseason and was placed on IR.

FloridaMan88
01-03-2014, 05:34 PM

IR early in the season due to knee injury.

RealSNR
01-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Who would you have picked besides Fisher? Its not like he was a reach for this particular draft. 32 teams would have picked either him or Joeckel if they were in the same position.

Its not Dorseys fault this was a weak, weak draft.
How about the true best OT from this draft in DJ Fluker?

How about a WR? How about a DE like Sheldon Richardson? How fucking awesome would this defense be with Sheldon and Poe raping faces? How about a pick based on pure potential like Dion Jordan, Ezekial Ansah, or fuck... a QB?

I personally hoped they would just accept a shitty trade down offer. Get one (possibly two) more draft picks to help out with depth issues. Makes the pressure of positional value far less important so you can just worry about finding the best player for your team who fills a need.

I guess one way to think of why Fisher was a shitty pick was the fact that he was a compromise at all facets of #1 candidate's draft profile. He wasn't the consensus best player at his position. His position (OT) in this draft class isn't all that good when compared to other draft classes of OTs. He wasn't the best "safe" pick, given the enormous adjustments from MAC school to the pros. He wasn't the best pick based on pure potential. We picked him as a compromise of all those elements. Essentially, we picked mush. A guy who needs a lot of time to play at even an adequate level at a position whose payoff to the team isn't as high as many others'.

And at least Dontari Poe presented some off-the-chart physical talent in his potential impact on the game. Yes, I hated the pick, but that's because I questioned the ability of our coaches to bring it out of him-- he wasn't just not a safe pick, he was a dangerous pick on alert as an imminent bust from the moment he was drafted. But he had potential coming out of his fucking ears. I don't think anybody looked at who Fisher was and said, "If he ever gets his shit together, he's got the ability to be a generational player at his position."

I hope Fisher plays like the player Reid thought he would be. But the bottom line is when you have the #1 overall pick, either get the pick fucking right from day one or draft somebody (like Lane Johnson if we're talking OTs from 2013) who could dominate like a #1 overall pick should. Don't compromise between the two.

Red Dawg
01-03-2014, 05:52 PM
You may well be right.

What? He will hit the weights and put on weight and be just fine.

RealSNR
01-03-2014, 05:52 PM
How do you guys grade Geno Smith as a 1.1?

He's been as successful at being a starting QB as a rookie as Eric Fisher has been successful at being a starting OT as a rookie.

Both players belonged on the bench this year. Since they were thrown out there before they were ready, though, they hurt their respective teams in glaring ways.

Red Dawg
01-03-2014, 05:56 PM

How about a WR? How about a DE like Sheldon Richardson? How ****ing awesome would this defense be with Sheldon and Poe raping faces? How about a pick based on pure potential like Dion Jordan, Ezekial Ansah, or ****... a QB?

I personally hoped they would just accept a shitty trade down offer. Get one (possibly two) more draft picks to help out with depth issues. Makes the pressure of positional value far less important so you can just worry about finding the best player for your team who fills a need.

I guess one way to think of why Fisher was a shitty pick was the fact that he was a compromise at all facets of #1 candidate's draft profile. He wasn't the consensus best player at his position. His position (OT) in this draft class isn't all that good when compared to other draft classes of OTs. He wasn't the best "safe" pick, given the enormous adjustments from MAC school to the pros. He wasn't the best pick based on pure potential. We picked him as a compromise of all those elements. Essentially, we picked mush. A guy who needs a lot of time to play at even an adequate level at a position whose payoff to the team isn't as high as many others'.

And at least Dontari Poe presented some off-the-chart physical talent in his potential impact on the game. Yes, I hated the pick, but that's because I questioned the ability of our coaches to bring it out of him-- he wasn't just not a safe pick, he was a dangerous pick on alert as an imminent bust from the moment he was drafted. But he had potential coming out of his ****ing ears. I don't think anybody looked at who Fisher was and said, "If he ever gets his shit together, he's got the ability to be a generational player at his position."

I hope Fisher plays like the player Reid thought he would be. But the bottom line is when you have the #1 overall pick, either get the pick ****ing right from day one or draft somebody (like Lane Johnson if we're talking OTs from 2013) who could dominate like a #1 overall pick should. Don't compromise between the two.

Shut up!

SeeingRed
01-03-2014, 06:04 PM

Kelce had knee surgery, but he will prove to be a great TE. Watch. So far Davis and Catapano have been the best of the group and have potential to evolve into great players. Rest of draft will have to be judged later. Fisher I'm not sure about yet. #1 overall goes with a high expectation...he has yet to live up to that but may have room to grow into that, we'll see. If I had to guess I'd say long term Davis can be a stud, same with Kelce and because of the place he was taken in the draft (207th pick) Catapano has the potential to make Dorsey look pretty savvy. Certainly as much potential as Fisher does of making him look not as good.

Cannibal
01-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Long time ago while a brash young douchebag, I'd have been bitching up a storm saying it was an utter failure etc.

But really, it is too early to say. The players, including Fisher will need some time before we can write them off.

Kiimo
01-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Kelce had knee surgery, but he will prove to be a great TE. Watch. So far Davis and Catapano have been the best of the group and have potential to evolve into great players. Rest of draft will have to be judged later. Fisher I'm not sure about yet. #1 overall goes with a high expectation...he has yet to live up to that but may have room to grow into that, we'll see. If I had to guess I'd say long term Davis can be a stud, same with Kelce and because of the place he was taken in the draft (207th pick) Catapano has the potential to make Dorsey look pretty savvy. Certainly as much potential as Fisher does of making him look not as good.

This sentence makes much more sense if you 86 Kelce and SUB Jace Amaro.

Dayze
01-03-2014, 06:55 PM
where the fuck is Nico Johnson. I mean, I know he's not starting etc, but I haven't heard a peep about him at all.

tredadda
01-03-2014, 06:56 PM
I will wait till after tomorrow to evaluate this draft as we had no second round pick because we gave it up for Smith. If we win, I can give it an overall better grade, but right now it is not too impressive.

Messier
01-03-2014, 07:01 PM
where the **** is Nico Johnson. I mean, I know he's not starting etc, but I haven't heard a peep about him at all.

He played a lot against the Chargers didn't he?

RunKC
01-03-2014, 07:02 PM

How about a WR? How about a DE like Sheldon Richardson? How ****ing awesome would this defense be with Sheldon and Poe raping faces? How about a pick based on pure potential like Dion Jordan, Ezekial Ansah, or ****... a QB?

And at least Dontari Poe presented some off-the-chart physical talent in his potential impact on the game. Yes, I hated the pick, but that's because I questioned the ability of our coaches to bring it out of him-- he wasn't just not a safe pick, he was a dangerous pick on alert as an imminent bust from the moment he was drafted. But he had potential coming out of his ****ing ears. I don't think anybody looked at who Fisher was and said, "If he ever gets his shit together, he's got the ability to be a generational player at his position."

I hope Fisher plays like the player Reid thought he would be. But the bottom line is when you have the #1 overall pick, either get the pick ****ing right from day one or draft somebody (like Lane Johnson if we're talking OTs from 2013) who could dominate like a #1 overall pick should. Don't compromise between the two.

Fisher absolutely looked like the best LT in this class before the draft. He owned everybody at the Senior Bowl, inculding Ziggy Ansah. He was more athletic than Joeckel and just as nasty as Lane Johnson.

WTF would we do right now when we lose Branden Albert? And no we aren't resigning him. We need that money for Berry and Houston.

Let's wait and see what happens after an offseason of getting stronger. People hated the Knile Davis pick and now it looks great. People hated the Poe pick and now he was well worth it.
And yes when Kelce is healthy next year he will be very lethal.

Give these guys more than a year to prove themselves.

Messier
01-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Could be wrong, but I feel Fisher is going to be one of those, sure glad we have him, picks in a few years.

a pp roach
01-03-2014, 07:07 PM
i say A-

knile davis looks like a beast

Mav
01-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Hmmm. Can you include Marcus Cooper? How about Tyler bray? While it seems like it want very impactful today, it sends with commimgs, kush, bray, Fisher, Knile, nico that this draft may very well be huge down the road

J Diddy
01-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Too early to tell. 3 years.

Earthling
01-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Fisher absolutely looked like the best LT in this class before the draft. He owned everybody at the Senior Bowl, inculding Ziggy Ansah. He was more athletic than Joeckel and just as nasty as Lane Johnson.

WTF would we do right now when we lose Branden Albert? And no we aren't resigning him. We need that money for Berry and Houston.

Let's wait and see what happens after an offseason of getting stronger. People hated the Knile Davis pick and now it looks great. People hated the Poe pick and now he was well worth it.

:thumb::clap::clap::thumb:

Chiefnj2
01-04-2014, 10:26 AM
I'll let you know in 12 hours. If Smith leads the Chiefs to a wildcard victory the DRAFT grade will be a B- for giving up the 2nd (two 2nds) for Smith. If KC loses, it's an easy F for year 1 impact.

WhiteWhale
01-04-2014, 11:18 AM
How about Incomplete?

Why do people say things like 'everyone' and 'nobody' when they mean "I"?

Obviously someone thought Poe would be this solid. He was drafted 11th overall.

Pablo
01-04-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm glad some of you guys have gut feelings that Fisher is going to be solid for us.

I have a feeling that when I watch Fisher play football, my gut turns and I want to vomit.

Although you don't see him out on the field all the time because he's injured so often. So I only have limited data to draw from.

Easy 6
01-04-2014, 11:50 AM
I'll let you know in 12 hours. If Smith leads the Chiefs to a wildcard victory the DRAFT grade will be a B- for giving up the 2nd (two 2nds) for Smith. If KC loses, it's an easy F for year 1 impact.

That's a pretty fair take, but i'd raise it to a D for Knile Davis alone.

Pablo
01-04-2014, 11:53 AM
That's a pretty fair take, but i'd raise it to a D for Knile Davis alone.Yeah, Davis alone bumps it up a bit. If Alex wins this game for us, I'm thinking a C+ might be in order.

Just so hard to look at that list full of useless pussies this season and go any higher than that.

Deberg_1990
01-04-2014, 11:54 AM
I will wait till after tomorrow to evaluate this draft as we had no second round pick because we gave it up for Smith. If we win, I can give it an overall better grade, but right now it is not too impressive.

From 2-14 to 11-5 doesnt mean anything? ok

Earthling
01-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Why do people say things like 'everyone' and 'nobody' when they mean "I"?.

Misery loves company...?

Rausch
01-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Yeah, Davis alone bumps it up a bit. If Alex wins this game for us, I'm thinking a C+ might be in order.

Just so hard to look at that list full of useless pussies this season and go any higher than that.

Ask yourself if even one rookie played and made an impact this year.

No.

Out of a whole draft not one player made a major contribution. That's terrible...

Easy 6
01-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Yeah, Davis alone bumps it up a bit. If Alex wins this game for us, I'm thinking a C+ might be in order.

Hard to argue with this either, C+ to a B- is as good as it should get with two season long injured guys and Glass Joe Fisher.

Easy 6
01-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Ask yourself if even one rookie played and made an impact this year.

No.

Out of a whole draft not one player made a major contribution. That's terrible...

No love for Knile Davis?

He's a homerun hitter if there ever was one.

RealSNR
01-04-2014, 12:05 PM

I don't care what he looked like. Eric Fisher is not the best player in the draft. He's not even near the top. He's currently nowhere near the top 10 players to come out of this draft class.

That can change, yes. And maybe Andy and Dorsey knew what they were getting into when they took a player who sucked such hard whale shit in his rookie year.

We didn't get the best player in the draft. Plain and simple. We didn't get the best offensive lineman in the draft. And we didn't get the best OT in the draft.

That's a failure on Dorsey and Reid's part. I don't give a fucking shit what Fisher did to Ansah at the combine. In the NFL he sucks fat horse cock.

Deberg_1990
01-04-2014, 12:10 PM
I don't care what he looked like. Eric Fisher is not the best player in the draft. He's not even near the top. He's currently nowhere near the top 10 players to come out of this draft class.

That can change, yes. And maybe Andy and Dorsey knew what they were getting into when they took a player who sucked such hard whale shit in his rookie year.

We didn't get the best player in the draft. Plain and simple. We didn't get the best offensive lineman in the draft. And we didn't get the best OT in the draft.

That's a failure on Dorsey and Reid's part. I don't give a ****ing shit what Fisher did to Ansah at the combine. In the NFL he sucks fat horse cock.

Who were the top 10 players in this draft? The first round as a collective was ass.

Simplicity
01-04-2014, 12:12 PM
No love for Knile Davis?

He's a homerun hitter if there ever was one.

The Royals need one of those.

RealSNR
01-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Who were the top 10 players in this draft? The first round as a collective was ass.
Do you read? I spent a good 5 minutes making this post just for you and you completely blew it off it seems.

How about a WR? How about a DE like Sheldon Richardson? How fucking awesome would this defense be with Sheldon and Poe raping faces? How about a pick based on pure potential like Dion Jordan, Ezekial Ansah, or fuck... a QB?

And at least Dontari Poe presented some off-the-chart physical talent in his potential impact on the game. Yes, I hated the pick, but that's because I questioned the ability of our coaches to bring it out of him-- he wasn't just not a safe pick, he was a dangerous pick on alert as an imminent bust from the moment he was drafted. But he had potential coming out of his fucking ears. I don't think anybody looked at who Fisher was and said, "If he ever gets his shit together, he's got the ability to be a generational player at his position."

I hope Fisher plays like the player Reid thought he would be. But the bottom line is when you have the #1 overall pick, either get the pick fucking right from day one or draft somebody (like Lane Johnson if we're talking OTs from 2013) who could dominate like a #1 overall pick should. Don't compromise between the two.

Deberg_1990
01-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Do you read? I spent a good 5 minutes making this post just for you and you completely blew it off it seems.

I read. Those are fine players, but not superstars. Dorsey obviously thought tackle was a greater position of need.

Why do you continue to hold a grudge? Let it go, the team is winning....ultimately, that's what matters.

Rausch
01-04-2014, 12:20 PM
I read. Those are fine players, but not superstars. Dorsey obviously thought tackle was a greater position of need.

Dorsey said over and over and over and over that they would be taking BPA...

L.A. Chieffan
01-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Fisher will be fine.

Would you rather have had Jokel? Exactly.

Sorter
01-04-2014, 12:25 PM

ROFL

ILChief
01-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Why are we talking about the draft three hours before a playoff game?

Sorter
01-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Why are we talking about the draft three hours before a playoff game?

Because this is the Chiefsplanet equivalent of playing cards to pass time.

RealSNR
01-04-2014, 12:35 PM

Why do you continue to hold a grudge? Let it go, the team is winning....ultimately, that's what matters.

I see. Stating the fact that Eric Fisher in his rookie year sucks balls = holding a grudge.

Go kill yourself.

Pablo
01-04-2014, 12:48 PM
I see. Stating the fact that Eric Fisher in his rookie year sucks balls = holding a grudge.

Go kill yourself.Deberg gonna Deberg.

ILChief
01-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Tough to judge with Kelce and Commings missing the entire year. Nico and Kush have played sparingly.

BossChief
01-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Impossible to assign any grade other than a incomplete at this point.

This draft appears to have some serious boom or bust potential.

If guys are able to reach their potential, this can be a blockbuster draft...if each guy can't overcome their individual weaknesses, it's a busted draft class.

JimBaker48.8
02-16-2014, 10:20 AM
So is it accurate to say that the consensus among Chiefs fans is that Fisher was not the right pick with the 1.1 in 2013 ? How deep is the disappointment about him, and looking back who now looks to be the player who might have been a better pick for the Chiefs in 2013 than Fisher ?
And I realize that the Chiefs got a bad break with their 1.1 last year in that it was a weak Draft, and also it's of course way too early to conclude what kind of NFL career Fisher will ultimately have.

Rausch
02-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Deberg gonna Deberg.

Don't even try and pull down the Bleeding Pinky...:#

Brock
02-16-2014, 10:28 AM
From 2-14 to 11-5 doesnt mean anything? ok

Because the draft effected that.

Rausch
02-16-2014, 10:29 AM

It should have.

Honestly, no one drafted the year before played any real part in this season's success.

Hell, most of them didn't even play...

Deberg_1990
02-16-2014, 10:32 AM

If you include the Alex Smith trade, then yes.

Brock
02-16-2014, 10:37 AM

I don't.

Rausch
02-16-2014, 10:37 AM

Only from the perspective it removed a 2nd round pick...

TribalElder
02-16-2014, 10:38 AM
http://graceuniversity.edu/iip/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/abortion.jpg

jjchieffan
02-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Meh. Nothing special for sure. But it was.a.crappy draft class for sure. Go figure. Chiefs have the first pick in the worst draft class ever. Year before there was Luck and RGIII. This year has 4 QB expected to go top 10. Our year? One middle first round QB and the best we can do is a damned right tackle!! How does that even happen??

whoman69
02-16-2014, 10:58 AM

The safest and absolutely most worthless answer right off the bat.

whoman69
02-16-2014, 10:59 AM
Meh. Nothing special for sure. But it was.a.crappy draft class for sure. Go figure. Chiefs have the first pick in the worst draft class ever. Year before there was Luck and RGIII. This year has 4 QB expected to go top 10. Our year? One middle first round QB and the best we can do is a damned right tackle!! How does that even happen??

How long have you been a Chiefs fan?

nychief
02-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Um...shouldn't we be talking about what posters think about homosexuality?

Rausch
02-16-2014, 11:12 AM

Only if it helps Dorsey draft better...

Sannyasi
02-16-2014, 11:15 AM
Have to give him a D at this point, Knile Davis is the only draft pick I can really feel good about right now.

Rausch
02-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Have to give him a D at this point, Knile Davis is the only draft pick I can really feel good about right now.

And he's hurt.

Which is his MO...

Chiefshrink
02-16-2014, 11:30 AM
How about Incomplete?

:thumb:

Titty Meat
02-16-2014, 01:03 PM

This dude is hilarious

New World Order
02-16-2014, 01:26 PM
It was equivalent to 09

chiefzilla1501
02-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Sanders Commings, Nico Johnson, Knile Davis and Eric Kush look like they could all have bright futures.

Kelce and Catapano are TBD.

Eric Fisher will never live up to the pick, but has plenty of time to prove at least capable of a first round grade (even if not 1.1).

I really don't know how anyone can judge the class this soon. We could end up with 3-5 quality players out of this class, which is not bad.

Mr. Laz
02-16-2014, 02:33 PM
not very good so far

If the guys get and stay healthy then we will find out

I think Fisher and Knile are the only guys that stayed healthy enough to play.

Fisher played hurt all year and Davis broke his leg in the final game.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-16-2014, 02:45 PM
They traded Jared Allen and used the picks for Brandon Alberts and Jamaal Charley! :mad:

Hydrae
02-16-2014, 02:46 PM
And he's hurt.

Which is his MO...

Yep, a broken leg sure does point to concerns about overall health. :rolleyes:

Ragged Robin
02-16-2014, 02:47 PM

This x100. They should rename the boards to Gay Planet.

Brock
02-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Yep, a broken leg sure does point to concerns about overall health. :rolleyes:

He has a pretty extensive injury history.

Simply Red
02-16-2014, 02:53 PM
He has a pretty extensive injury history.

I injured my rotator cuff lifting last night.

Any recommendations?

Sorry to hijack. Fuck this hurts.

cabletech94
02-16-2014, 02:59 PM
I injured my rotator cuff lifting last night.

Any recommendations?

Sorry to hijack. **** this hurts.

abortion?

/:evil:

Sorter
02-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Sanders Commings, Nico Johnson, Knile Davis and Eric Kush look like they could all have bright futures.

Kelce and Catapano are TBD.

Really?

The one guy who has the second most snaps out of all of them is TBD, yet a guy who played 3 snaps at LCB, an ILB who wasn't able to push Akeem Jordan out of a starting role or earn a role in subs, and a center who started/played one game all seem like they have "bright futures"?

Simply Red
02-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Really?

The one guy who has the second most snaps out of all of them is TBD, yet a guy who played 3 snaps at LCB, an ILB who wasn't able to push Akeem Jordan out of a starting role or earn a role in subs, and a center who started/played one game all seem like they have "bright futures"?

How do you think John Dorsey's first draft as a Chief went?

Sorter
02-16-2014, 03:08 PM
How do you think John Dorsey's first draft as a Chief went?

Probably average in comparison with most first time GMs.

Easy 6
02-16-2014, 03:13 PM

Are you expecting better results this year since the new scouting department has been in full swing for a year now?

Seems like that should help, like they should have a more complete picture of players and the various options available to them... think we'll see more moving around/wheeling dealing this year because of that?

Sorter
02-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Are you expecting better results this year since the new scouting department has been in full swing for a year now?

Yes.

think we'll see more moving around/wheeling dealing this year because of that?

Probably. Definitely increases the chances for that.

milkman
02-16-2014, 03:19 PM

Chiefzilla has always been one of two most articulate dumbasses this place has to offer.

chiefzilla1501
02-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Really?

Let me rephrase... I'm not saying they are guaranteed to have bright futures. But I think most people look at those guys as intriguing guys who could easily be quality contributors to the team. When you're talking about 2nd year rookies, especially ones taken later in the draft, that feels like a bright future (even if an uncertain one).

Sorter
02-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Let me rephrase... I'm not saying they are guaranteed to have bright futures. But I think most people look at those guys as intriguing guys who could easily be quality contributors to the team. When you're talking about 2nd year rookies, especially ones taken later in the draft, that feels like a bright future (even if an uncertain one).

ROFL.

You're assuming that based upon the performance of others. Hooray.

chiefzilla1501
02-16-2014, 03:40 PM
ROFL.

You're assuming that based upon the performance of others. Hooray.

Did I come on here and say that these guys are going to be pro bowl players? Or top 10 starters?

There are people swearing these guys off already. These guys were drafted low, yet I think many people would agree that three years from now, these guys could easily earn a spot on a good NFL roster and maybe even push for a lot of earned quality snaps. If these guys earn roster spots a few years down the road, these will be good picks.

Sorter
02-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Did I come on here and say that these guys are going to be pro bowl players? Or top 10 starters?

There are people swearing these guys off already. These guys were drafted low, yet I think many people would agree that three years from now, these guys could easily earn a spot on a good NFL roster and maybe even push for a lot of earned quality snaps. If these guys earn roster spots a few years down the road, these will be good picks.

This is an example of bias.

chiefzilla1501
02-16-2014, 04:05 PM
This is an example of bias.

I don't think it's biased. It's not like I'm creating a high bar. I take an optimistic viewpoint, not just for the Chiefs, for any team.

I thought Kush's performance in San Diego at least made people comfortable that he can at least be a quality backup. Sanders Commings seemed to have real good speed at a position where depth is always valued. Nico Johnson... did people really see red flags and saw some nice things in the preseason. I agree that I wonder why he didn't get more snaps, but there are lots of players on defense you can say that about.

So no, I don't think it's overly optimistic when the bar is set this low. I was disappointed in Kelce's hands and want to see some real contribution from Catapano in meaningful snaps playing a position where the bar has to be really, really high. If Kush, Commings, and Nico can at least play a depth role, these will be good picks, and I think they've shown enough that nobody looks at any of these guys with any kind of nervousness.