01-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Page 1 Mizzou!

O.city
01-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Great year for sure.

I'll take Ealy and josey in red and gold next year

Reaper16
01-03-2014, 11:42 PM
The James Franklin era ends much like the Challenger: simultaneously explosive and disastrous.

Saul Good
01-03-2014, 11:44 PM
The James Franklin era ends much like the Challenger: simultaneously explosive and disastrous.

That probably sounded better in your head...just sayin.

Eleazar
01-03-2014, 11:44 PM
Pete Scantlebury
@PeteScantlebury
If Strong is going to Texas, #Mizzou's chances to land Cincinnati DT Daniel Cage go up exponentially.

Reaper16
01-03-2014, 11:45 PM
That probably sounded better in your head...just sayin.

Probably. But it annoyed you, so I won't edit it.

Sannyasi
01-03-2014, 11:47 PM

Franklin is very lucky that we pulled this one out because this game would have been his legacy had we lost.

As it is its still a sizable black mark but a lot of fans will ultimately overlook his poor performance based on the result of the game.

Mosbonian
01-03-2014, 11:48 PM
Wow....Michael Sam came up big just when we needed him to.

Ealy and Josey should get game balls. Franklin and Pinkel should thank their lucky stars for Ealy and Josey's efforts.

Pitt Gorilla
01-03-2014, 11:48 PM
Gimme Boothe and Cage.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Franklin is very lucky that we pulled this one out because this game would have been his legacy had we lost.

As it is its still a sizable black mark but a lot of fans will ultimately overlook his poor performance based on the result of the game.

This is pretty much the inverse of the game Gabbert played against Iowa, right down to the results.

Sully
01-03-2014, 11:50 PM
In

Eleazar
01-03-2014, 11:51 PM

Franklin played well in stretches, but his legacy will be one of a decent player but not a great one. We're definitely going to need a higher standard of quarterbacking than this in the future.

Pitt Gorilla
01-03-2014, 11:52 PM
Sounds like Golden is coming back!

Reaper16
01-03-2014, 11:52 PM

That's good, I think. Franklin was a very, very important part of this season. He's had his ups and downs, and Yost did him no favors as far as development, but he's tough. I think he represented the school well on the whole. It's a good thing that he won't be remembered as the guy who single-handidly cost Mizzou a Cotton Bowl because he's meant more to Mizzou over the course of his career than a victory in an exhibition game does.

Saul Good
01-03-2014, 11:53 PM
Probably. But it annoyed you, so I won't edit it.

Nothing can annoy me right now...just giving you shit.

Saul Good
01-03-2014, 11:54 PM
This is pretty much the inverse of the game Gabbert played against Iowa, right down to the results.

That's hilarious. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Simply Red
01-03-2014, 11:54 PM
TROLLOL TIGERS!

Saul Good
01-03-2014, 11:55 PM
That's good, I think. Franklin was a very, very important part of this season. He's had his ups and downs, and Yost did him no favors as far as development, but he's tough. I think he represented the school well on the whole. It's a good thing that he won't be remembered as the guy who single-handidly cost Mizzou a Cotton Bowl because he's meant more to Mizzou over the course of his career than a victory in an exhibition game does.

Nailed it

Mosbonian
01-03-2014, 11:56 PM

I will remember this as Franklin's swan song and how poorly he played. It's like he reverted to 2012 Franklin and really almost lost the game for us. That is what I will remember most about him.

It's reality.....what people remember you is the last impression you made on them.

Pitt Gorilla
01-03-2014, 11:57 PM
I will remember this as Franklin's swan song and how poorly he played. It's like he reverted to 2012 Franklin and really almost lost the game for us. That is what I will remember most about him.

It's reality.....what people remember you is the last impression you made on them.Moving down the field for a come-from-behind touchdown, including a 3rd down play where he hung in and made an amazing throw. The was the last impression, no?

Saul Good
01-03-2014, 11:58 PM
What is it about the last three QBs we've had. They are, quite possibly, the three best we've ever had. Yet, somehow, I'm always ready for them to leave.

Saul Good
01-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Moving down the field for a come-from-behind touchdown, including a 3rd down play where he hung in and made an amazing throw. The was the last impression, no?

That was not an amazing throw. It was three yards under thrown. A good throw would have been a TD.

Sully
01-04-2014, 12:00 AM
What is it about the last three QBs we've had. They are, quite possibly, the three best we've ever had. Yet, somehow, I'm always ready for them to leave.

I'm with you on the last two, but Chase? I can't imagine wishing for the end of his career at Mizzou.

Mosbonian
01-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Moving down the field for a come-from-behind touchdown, including a 3rd down play where he hung in and made an amazing throw. The was the last impression, no?

Look....I like Franklin, but let's be real. Franklin played horribly all night. This game shouldn't have been this close and the mental errors he made are more ones that you see First Year QB's make.

You have to admit that the defense and Henry Josey bailed out Franklin tonight. I will give Franklin his due on the pass to DGB but you have to admit he played horribly and single-handedly almost cost us a great season.

Eleazar
01-04-2014, 12:01 AM
He was awful in this game, but somehow Franklin made one throw when we really needed it, down the sideline to DGB. It was his one redeeming moment of the day.

Saul Good
01-04-2014, 12:04 AM
I'm with you on the last two, but Chase? I can't imagine wishing for the end of his career at Mizzou.

I almost edited my post. I wasn't happy about him leaving, but I had found peace with it...especially with Gabbert waiting in the wings. His play and demeanor in the second half of the season (I'm looking at you, Warren Buffett) was going downhill fast.

Mosbonian
01-04-2014, 12:04 AM

I'm with you on Daniel.....I was ready to see Gabbert and now Franklin leave, but Daniel was fun to watch just because he ran the offense so efficiently.

I am excited to see the run of Maty Mauk.....with DGB and the RB trio we could still be explosive. Our O-Line needs to make sure the new guys to take over for the graduating seniors slide right into their slots.

Sully
01-04-2014, 12:05 AM
I almost edited my post. I wasn't happy about him leaving, but I had found peace with it...especially with Gabbert waiting in the wings. His play and demeanor in the second half of the season (I'm looking at you, Warren Buffett) was going downhill fast.

You know, you may be right.
It's hard to remember (hindsight and all) how excited I was to see what Gabbert could do.

Mosbonian
01-04-2014, 12:05 AM
He was awful in this game, but somehow Franklin made one throw when we really needed it, down the sideline to DGB. It was his one redeeming moment of the day.

To some extent I agree with Saul Good....had he led DGB that was a TD.

Reaper16
01-04-2014, 12:06 AM
Look....I like Franklin, but let's be real. Franklin played horribly all night. This game shouldn't have been this close and the mental errors he made are more ones that you see First Year QB's make.

You have to admit that the defense and Henry Josey bailed out Franklin tonight. I will give Franklin his due on the pass to DGB but you have to admit he played horribly and single-handedly almost cost us a great season.

No. No no no no no no. I could not disagree with this more. This was a bowl game. A glorified scrimmage. It doesn't mean anything. This season was great, regardless of whether or not Mizzou won this exhibition contest.

tredadda
01-04-2014, 12:10 AM
If FSU wins I don't see why Mizzou won't finish #3. #7 OSU, #6 Baylor, #5 Stanford, and #3 Alabama all lost. I can't see how #2 Auburn drops just one spot if they lose.

Mosbonian
01-04-2014, 12:10 AM
No. No no no no no no. I could not disagree with this more. This was a bowl game. A glorified scrimmage. It doesn't mean anything. This season was great, regardless of whether or not Mizzou won this exhibition contest.

That's ok....I don't mind someone disagreeing with me, it's my POV. Bowl games to me are more than scrimmages and it isn't an exhibition.

When you win Bowl Games it does have an effect on recruiting....and losing after starting so promising does have a mental effect. Ask any OSU fan (be it Ohio State or Okie State) or Bama how they feel about losing their last 2 games after a promising season and being in place for a BCS or NCG shot.

Mosbonian
01-04-2014, 12:12 AM
If FSU wins I don't see why Mizzou won't finish #3. #7 OSU, #6 Baylor, #5 Stanford, and #3 Alabama all lost. I can't see how #2 Auburn drops just one spot if they lose.

I think at best we find our way to #4.....but realistically I see us landing at #5, which is still pretty damn good for being picked to finish 6th in our division.

DJ's left nut
01-04-2014, 12:12 AM
I agree - it's good to see Franklin go out a winner so my lasting memory of him won't be one of blind rage.

He was a great Tiger. He deserves to be remembered for a hell of a comeback season and not just for yacking up a bowl game.

Mosbonian
01-04-2014, 12:14 AM
I agree - it's good to see Franklin go out a winner so my lasting memory of him won't be one of blind rage.

He was a great Tiger. He deserves to be remembered for a hell of a comeback season and not just for yacking up a bowl game.

You are kinder than I am....maybe I will mellow out tomorrow morning.

I am just so damn happy for MU and the guys like Josey, Washington, Gaines, Lucas, Franklin and all the other Seniors.

PackerinMo
01-04-2014, 12:16 AM

I feel the same way, well Gabbert and Franklin not so much Daniel.

Saul Good
01-04-2014, 12:16 AM

I ABSOLUTELY means a lot. You can argue that it shouldn't, but you can't argue that it doesn't. The exposure...the momentum...the symbolism...it fucking matters.

Sully
01-04-2014, 12:17 AM
I ABSOLUTELY means a lot. You can argue that it shouldn't, but you can't argue that it doesn't. The exposure...the momentum...the symbolism...it fucking matters.

The extra month of practice time.

Saul Good
The entire narrative of this season was decided tonight.

Reaper16
That's ok....I don't mind someone disagreeing with me, it's my POV. Bowl games to me are more than scrimmages and it isn't an exhibition.

When you win Bowl Games it does have an effect on recruiting....and losing after starting so promising does have a mental effect. Ask any OSU fan (be it Ohio State or Okie State) or Bama how they feel about losing their last 2 games after a promising season and being in place for a BCS or NCG shot.

Of course we can agree to disagree here on the importance of bowl games.

But since you said to ask any Bama fan, I'll ask myself:

"Self, how do you feel about Alabama losing their last two games after a promising season where you were ranked #1 the whole way?"

"Well, self, losing the last regular season game to Auburn hurts a lot. It cost us a spot in the SEC championship game, and effectively ensured that we would not play for the BCS national championship. Losing the Sugar Bowl to Oklahoma doesn't hurt at all, comparatively. It doesn't feel good to have been outcoached by Bob Stoops. But it also does nothing to take away from our gargantuan success in recent years, or our best-in-the-nation recruiting class for next year."

Saul Good
01-04-2014, 12:18 AM
The extra month of practice time.

Winning didn't impact, though.

Reaper16
01-04-2014, 12:19 AM

There is no momentum carried over into next season because of bowl performance, either way. None. That's one of the falsest ideas in all of sports.

Saul Good
01-04-2014, 12:21 AM

"Self, how do you feel about Alabama losing their last two games after a promising season where you were ranked #1 the whole way?"

"Well, self, losing the last regular season game to Auburn hurts a lot. It cost us a spot in the SEC championship game, and effectively ensured that we would not play for the BCS national championship. Losing the Sugar Bowl to Oklahoma doesn't hurt at all, comparatively. It doesn't feel good to have been outcoached by Bob Stoops. But it also does nothing to take away from our gargantuan success in recent years, or our best-in-the-nation recruiting class for next year."

Yeah. Bama was a really bad example, though...probably the worst possible example.

Saul Good
01-04-2014, 12:22 AM
There is no momentum carried over into next season because of bowl performance, either way. None. That's one of the falsest ideas in all of sports.

I don't mean on the field. I'm talking more about recruiting.

DJ's left nut
01-04-2014, 12:24 AM

Now imagine Bama just switched conferences and spent the last 24 months hearing that they made a huge mistake and would get piss-pounded by their new rivals. And that the loudest voices they heard it from were coming from the same conference that was on the other side of the field.

Are all bowl games equal? No, they are not.

This one, OTOH, was absolutely huge for Missouri. It was a final fuck you to the Big 12. It was proof that they are a great football team. It was a bounce-back from a strong thumping from Auburn.

Missouri isn't Alabama. They don't get to say "oh well, we won the title in 2012". They are constantly teetering on the brink of a crisis of confidence and wins like this are what they need to move further and further away from that cliff.

This was a massive win for the program, IMO.

Saul Good
01-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Now imagine Bama just switched conferences and spent the last 24 months hearing that they made a huge mistake and would get piss-pounded by their new rivals. And that the loudest voices they heard it from were coming from the same conference that was on the other side of the field.

This on, OTOH, was absolutely huge for Missouri. It was a final fuck you to the Big 12. It was proof that they are a great football team. It was a bounce-back from a strong thumping from Auburn.

Missouri isn't Alabama. They don't get to say "oh well, we won the title in 2012". They are constantly teetering on the brink of a crisis of confidence and wins like this are what they need to move further and further away from that cliff.

Poetry. Every word...

Mosbonian
01-04-2014, 12:26 AM

Reap.....you are one of the well-thought and reasonable Bama fans. And you know that I know you are a Bama fan. But I work with a couple of Bama alumni and let me tell you, they aren't anywhere close to your same mindset. They pretty much spent most of the next day acting like someone pissed in their corn flakes, stupped their wives and reminded them that Auburn was playing for the NC.

One went as far as to say that he wished that Saban had taken the Texas job because he might have become complacent.

While you may be reasonable, you know that you are probably in the minority in that thinking.

Reaper16
01-04-2014, 12:27 AM
I don't mean on the field. I'm talking more about recruiting.

Oh, that's good. Unfortunately, there are plenty of hack sportswriters who believe in that sort of thing about team momentum, even though it'll be a new team.

I'm not convinced that the outcome of a bowl game matters much in recruiting. Maybe embarrassing blowout losses could hurt, but regular ol' losses aren't that different from a regular ol' bowl win as far as recruiting goes. Just my opinion. The exposure that comes from the bowl game is good enough.

That depends on the program too, I suppose. A program that is seen as up and coming could benefit from bowl victories. Miami fans, for example, might need to be worried about UCF now.

But overall, my position on bowl games is unwavering: you definitely want to play in them, for the exposure and the extra weeks of practice. But for established programs the actual outcome of the game doesn't matter, or at least matters far less than any regular season game.

Reaper16
01-04-2014, 12:30 AM

This one, OTOH, was absolutely huge for Missouri. It was a final fuck you to the Big 12. It was proof that they are a great football team. It was a bounce-back from a strong thumping from Auburn.

Eh, I can buy that with the caveat that all we're talking about it perception. Because it crumbles under close scrutiny; Missouri nearly lost this game, and the reason why it almost lost (Pinkel's stubbornness) isn't going away. Perception may have changed because of this win, but the program itself really doesn't change.

Reaper16
01-04-2014, 12:31 AM
Reap.....you are one of the well-thought and reasonable Bama fans. And you know that I know you are a Bama fan. But I work with a couple of Bama alumni and let me tell you, they aren't anywhere close to your same mindset. They pretty much spent most of the next day acting like someone pissed in their corn flakes, stupped their wives and reminded them that Auburn was playing for the NC.

One went as far as to say that he wished that Saban had taken the Texas job because he might have become complacent.

While you may be reasonable, you know that you are probably in the minority in that thinking.

Well, Alabama has one of the worst fanbases in all of sports. None of that surprises me. Yeah, I'm well aware that I'm in the minority as far as Bama fans go. There are plenty of reasonable, analytical Alabama fans. There are, unfortunately, many many more country bumpkins and frat douches, none of whom understand football, that make up that fanbase.

DJ's left nut
01-04-2014, 12:34 AM
Eh, I can buy that with the caveat that all we're talking about it perception. Because it crumbles under close scrutiny; Missouri nearly lost this game, and the reason why it almost lost (Pinkel's stubbornness) isn't going away. Perception may have changed because of this win, but the program itself really doesn't change.

In a sport where the whims of 18 yr old kids ultimately play a huge role in your ultimate success or failure, I'd say perception means a pretty fair amount.

You noted that bowl outcomes aren't huge for 'established' programs - well you don't become an established program without them. Mizzou's not there yet, but they're getting closer. This will help in that regard.

Pitt Gorilla
01-04-2014, 12:38 AM

You have to admit that the defense and Henry Josey bailed out Franklin tonight. I will give Franklin his due on the pass to DGB but you have to admit he played horribly and single-handedly almost cost us a great season.Oh, absolutely, he played poorly overall. I was simply responding to the idea of his final impression, which should be fairly good.

Saul Good
01-04-2014, 12:39 AM
Oh, that's good. Unfortunately, there are plenty of hack sportswriters who believe in that sort of thing about team momentum, even though it'll be a new team.

I'm not convinced that the outcome of a bowl game matters much in recruiting. Maybe embarrassing blowout losses could hurt, but regular ol' losses aren't that different from a regular ol' bowl win as far as recruiting goes. Just my opinion. The exposure that comes from the bowl game is good enough.

That depends on the program too, I suppose. A program that is seen as up and coming could benefit from bowl victories. Miami fans, for example, might need to be worried about UCF now.

But overall, my position on bowl games is unwavering: you definitely want to play in them, for the exposure and the extra weeks of practice. But for established programs the actual outcome of the game doesn't matter, or at least matters far less than any regular season game.

You're talking about Mizzou, but you're doing it from a crimson paradigm. If ever there is a school/program that needs a reason to puff out our chests, it's this one. What's more is that this win validates our season. It answered a lot of questions.

Pitt Gorilla
01-04-2014, 12:40 AM

This one, OTOH, was absolutely huge for Missouri. It was a final **** you to the Big 12. It was proof that they are a great football team. It was a bounce-back from a strong thumping from Auburn.

This was a massive win for the program, IMO.Awesome. You just won the intranets.

duncan_idaho
01-04-2014, 12:43 AM
Just got home. This game killed a fully charged phone between text messages and group texts.

Defense really played its heart out and answered the bell after the SEC title game. Gave up a lot of total yards, but also faced 96 plays in this game. Things I really liked:

Harassed Chelf. He was making a lot of hurried throws.

PUNISHED the Okie Lite WRs. Loved how hard they were hitting. Loved the way they made them pay.

And made the play of the game when it mattered.

Won field position consistently.

Offensively, that was pretty ugly. Worst game I think Franklin has played, but he made plays when it mattered most. The Blaine Gabbert/Iowa reverse comparison is a great one.

Great game from Henry Josey and I hope we haven't see the last of him in black and gold.

Oh, and how about the Sack Fairy making one final play?

This win is important for Mizzou for a few reasons.

1) Any time you can win 12 games and finish in the top 5, it's important for a program of Mizzou's stature
2) Cements the idea that this WAS a good team and not just a product of its schedule

Mosbonian
01-04-2014, 12:43 AM
Everyone have a great night...after the excitement of that game I am going to make a feeble attempt to get some sleep.

Fat chance...but I gotta try.

mrroandrro
01-04-2014, 12:47 AM
First off, congrats from a Jayhawk fan. Big win for your program. Have to admit, I was pulling for OKState, mostly because I'm a KU fan, and secondly because I live in SEC country and I get sick of the LSU SEC hacks that pull for their "rival" when they aren't playing them. Now, one question. When will Green-Beckham declare for the draft? I would love to see him in a Chiefs jersey, although I don't see it happening.

Reaper16
01-04-2014, 12:49 AM
You're talking about Mizzou, but you're doing it from a crimson paradigm. If ever there is a school/program that needs a reason to puff out our chests, it's this one. What's more is that this win validates our season. It answered a lot of questions.

To me, I'm just doing it from the paradigm of a lifelong Mizzou fan who has always felt that bowl games are a frilly extra thing. I've never understood, and will never understand, why we collectively place so much importance in them. They only matter because we pretend they do.

So for a Missouri fan such as myself, with that mental approach to bowl games, I thought our season was validated by winning the SEC East and making it to the conference championship game. That game (and its sad, sad outcome) will always matter to me more than all of the bowls combined. I don't feel very puffy right now. I gots puffed for winning the East, though. And I wouldn't have felt very downtrodden tonight if Mizzou had lost to OSU.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-04-2014, 12:49 AM
Oh, and how about the Sack Fairy making one final play?

Do I want to ask who came up with this name?

Saul Good
01-04-2014, 12:50 AM
First off, congrats from a Jayhawk fan. Big win for your program. Have to admit, I was pulling for OKState, mostly because I'm a KU fan, and secondly because I live in SEC country and I get sick of the LSU SEC hacks that pull for their "rival" when they aren't playing them. Now, one question. When will Green-Beckham declare for the draft? I would love to see him in a Chiefs jersey, although I don't see it happening.

The Chiefs won't draft high enough next year to get DGB.

Reaper16
01-04-2014, 12:51 AM

The subtext is glaringly obvious.

duncan_idaho
01-04-2014, 12:52 AM

Classy post, and I understand. I hate all the teams in my conference and don't "root" for them. Though I'm not surprised by the 6-2 bowl record.

DGB is a true sophomore. I imagine he'll blow up next year with Mauk throwing him the football and declare for the 2015 draft.

Saul Good
01-04-2014, 12:54 AM
To me, I'm just doing it from the paradigm of a lifelong Mizzou fan who has always felt that bowl games are a frilly extra thing. I've never understood, and will never understand, why we collectively place so much importance in them. They only matter because we pretend they do.

So for a Missouri fan such as myself, with that mental approach to bowl games, I thought our season was validated by winning the SEC East and making it to the conference championship game. That game (and its sad, sad outcome) will always matter to me more than all of the bowls combined. I don't feel very puffy right now. I gots puffed for winning the East, though. And I wouldn't have felt very downtrodden tonight if Mizzou had lost to OSU.

I agree almost completely. The SECE championship was the highlight of the season, but I think...hell, I know...that the importance of this game lies somewhere between where a casual fan considers it and where you consider it.

Saul Good
01-04-2014, 12:55 AM

Well, yeah

Reaper16
01-04-2014, 12:56 AM
I agree almost completely. The SECE championship was the highlight of the season, but I think...hell, I know...that the importance of this game lies somewhere between where a casual fan considers it and where you consider it.

Yeah, you right. I just wish it weren't that way. *sobs in corner, muttering 'exhibition' to himself*

DJ's left nut
Ealy just announced he's going pro.

I think we all kindof expected that, but it still smarts a bit.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Certainly. I just wonder if it was a moniker he gave himself, because then it becomes one of the most badassed forms of reappropriation ever.

KcMizzou
01-04-2014, 12:57 AM

So for a Missouri fan such as myself, with that mental approach to bowl games, I thought our season was validated by winning the SEC East and making it to the conference championship game. That game (and its sad, sad outcome) will always matter to me more than all of the bowls combined. I don't feel very puffy right now. I gots puffed for winning the East, though. And I wouldn't have felt very downtrodden tonight if Mizzou had lost to OSU.That's the way I felt going into the game, honestly.

But as the game progressed... well, you know...

Reaper16
01-04-2014, 12:58 AM
Certainly. I just wonder if it was a moniker he gave himself, because then it becomes one of the most badassed forms of reappropriation ever.

http://i.imgur.com/MeCmf.gif

CoMoChief
01-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Congrats on the win. I know a lot of people that were bitching about not just outright benching Franklin as opposed to Pinkel playing musical chairs at QB when it was clear Mauk was playing much better. Josey and the MU defense bailed Pinkel out in this game. He had a magnificent game. Dudes a stud. He's going to be a steal in the NFL draft if his injuries cause his stock to drop.

duncan_idaho
01-04-2014, 01:01 AM

It's from The-Mainboard Mizzou thread. One of the guys that posts in there is a senior at Mizzou and was the one who shared the info on Sam's proclivities (which I think are awesome, to be honest. This team loves him, and I think that's great).

Saul Good
01-04-2014, 01:03 AM

Yep. "Cock suckin' sonofabitch" is the "motorboatin' sonofabitch".

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-04-2014, 01:10 AM
Well, Alabama has one of the worst fanbases in all of sports. None of that surprises me. Yeah, I'm well aware that I'm in the minority as far as Bama fans go. There are plenty of reasonable, analytical Alabama fans. There are, unfortunately, many many more country bumpkins and frat douches, none of whom understand football, that make up that fanbase.

Nothing turned me against the SEC quite like The Paul Finebaum show. It's like my own Radio Milles Collines.

Reaper16
01-04-2014, 01:17 AM
Nothing turned me against the SEC quite like The Paul Finebaum show. It's like my own Radio Milles Collines.

I love the Finebaum show. It's like if CP were only bad/dumb posters, and instead of having discussions among each other they had to direct their takes at a single board moderator, who is himself a gigantic troll. My tolerance for stupid is pretty high, though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-04-2014, 01:19 AM
I love the Finebaum show. It's like if CP were only bad/dumb posters, and instead of having discussions among each other they had to direct their takes at a single board moderator, who is himself a gigantic troll. My tolerance for stupid is pretty high, though.

Which is wonderful if it's a side dish rather than the entire menu, but that's my cross to bear. The sports radio station in town decided that they would cut into the last two hours of SVP and Rusillo (IMO, the best sports radio anywhere) to play it.

Reaper16
01-04-2014, 01:24 AM
Which is wonderful if it's a side dish rather than the entire menu, but that's my cross to bear. The sports radio station in town decided that they would cut into the last two hours of SVP and Rusillo (IMO, the best sports radio anywhere) to play it.

I see where you're coming from. I'm not a regular sports radio listener. When I do tune into Finebaum it is because I specifically want to laugh. I don't have to worry about his show taking away a slot from another show that offers better analysis & discussion.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-04-2014, 01:30 AM
I despise traditional sports radio. The fewer callers, the better. There's a local show in town that is passable, but aside from that I listen to SVP, The Herd, or Coach and Company. The Coach is a must listen, in part for some of the WWE stories he tells.

Captain Obvious
01-04-2014, 01:32 AM
Sam really showed that he likes to strip and sack other dudes.

|Zach|
01-04-2014, 01:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Czrlnay.gif

bowener
01-04-2014, 03:50 AM

Nice.

PS-So drunk.

Signed, CoMo Bars

Saul Good
01-04-2014, 07:02 AM

Should have been a penalty. Lawn darts are illegal.

Mosbonian
01-04-2014, 08:39 AM
I despise traditional sports radio. The fewer callers, the better. There's a local show in town that is passable, but aside from that I listen to SVP, The Herd, or Coach and Company. The Coach is a must listen, in part for some of the WWE stories he tells.

Wanna have you ears assailed.....for several years while going home every day my senses were attacked having to listen to The Sports Huddle in Lexington. Talk about cruel and unusual punishment...

And then there was the Joe B. Hall and Denny Crum Show.....when ESPN Radio finally got picked up locally it was a breath of fresh air.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Wallace chose fucking Arkansas. Are you kidding me? I'm getting tired of those dipshits recruiting St. Louis better than Missouri does. I hope Shane Ray pulls Wallace's cock through his ass in two years.

PackerinMo
01-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Wallace chose ****ing Arkansas. Are you kidding me? I'm getting tired of those dipshits recruiting St. Louis better than Missouri does. I hope Shane Ray pulls Wallace's cock through his ass in two years.

I hope he wants to lose every week.

GloryDayz
01-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Hope to make it back for all of the game... This is day-1 of the FIRST Robotic six-week build season, and this is going to be fun...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f5zWzICG5to" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eleazar
01-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Ealy is declaring for the draft

Pitt Gorilla
01-04-2014, 05:19 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O3obEuj7fOI?list=UUsWz3SZVLdg3g51HSN4lPNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

warpaint*
01-04-2014, 08:26 PM
What an ending last night...just awesome! I'm very happy for Michael Sam to come through like that in spectacular fashion to put an exclamation point on a sensational senior season. It's fitting for this team to win that way IMO...they made big plays like that all year long.

Pitt Gorilla
01-04-2014, 08:41 PM
What an ending last night...just awesome! I'm very happy for Michael Sam to come through like that in spectacular fashion to put an exclamation point on a sensational senior season. It's fitting for this team to win that way IMO...they made big plays like that all year long.It certainly made today more bearable.

KChiefs1
01-04-2014, 08:56 PM
It certainly made today more bearable.

:thumb:

Pitt Gorilla
01-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Matt Miller, the lead NFL scout and draft analyst for Bleacher Report (and a great follow on twitter) just tweeted that Kony somehow got his phone number and called him tonight to thank him for taking time to watch him play. He said that's the first time a player has ever done that. Miller is very high on Ealy, ranking him as the 2nd best DE prospect and 8th best overall prospect in this class.

Saul Good
01-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Matt Miller, the lead NFL scout and draft analyst for Bleacher Report (and a great follow on twitter) just tweeted that Kony somehow got his phone number and called him tonight to thank him for taking time to watch him play. He said that's the first time a player has ever done that. Miller is very high on Ealy, ranking him as the 2nd best DE prospect and 8th best overall prospect in this class.

Good for him. He's going to be great in the league.

bowener
01-04-2014, 11:50 PM

Where does Sam fall in the draft? If they both shine in the NFL, it will definitely return large dividends on the recruiting circuit.

Reaper16
01-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Where does Sam fall in the draft? If they both shine in the NFL, it will definitely return large dividends on the recruiting circuit.

Mizzou has put guys into the league at a steady clip for years. That didn't help Pinkel's recent classes as much as it ought to have.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2014, 12:52 AM
Mizzou has put guys into the league at a steady clip for years. That didn't help Pinkel's recent classes as much as it ought to have.

It is absolutely befuddling.

Maclin, Weatherspoon, Ziggy, Gabbert, Aldon, Sheldon, and likely Ealy. That will be seven first rounders in a five year period. And DGB might be the highest Mizzou selection ever in 2015. Very few programs have put that many high picks in the draft over the same period, and yet the program still can't lock down a lot of the elite in-state talent.

I imagine that Ondre Pipkins probably feels like a fucking moron right about now. Leaving Missouri, which is almost becoming DL-U, to go to a 7-5 school in the Big X.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2014, 12:59 AM
I read this story earlier in the week. If this doesn't make you root for Ealy, nothing will:

Sacks for Sierra

Mizzou lineman sacks for his sister.

http://mizzoumag.missouri.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Kony-Sierra_web.jpg (http://mizzoumag.missouri.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Kony-Sierra_web.jpg)Mizzou’s Kony Ealy is a menacing defensive end, but he’s a loving little brother to his sister, Sierra Jones, who has a disabling chromosomal condition. Photo by Greg Kendall-Ball.

Story by Marcus Wilkins
Published Aug. 12, 2013

When Kony Ealy (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kony_ealy_690205.html) arrived at Mizzou in 2010 from New Madrid, Mo., he was a slight (for a defensive end) 215-pounder waiting in the shadow of future NFL Pro Bowler Aldon Smith. Now he is a 6-foot-5-inch, 270-pound hulk.

But ask Kony, 22, about his sister, and he melts.

Sierra Jones, 23, was born with a chromosomal condition that impairs her speech. She communicates through sign language and a limited vocabulary, which includes yelling her baby brother’s name when the siblings are reunited after long breaks.

“She is always happy to see me,” Kony says. “For all we have been through, I haven’t seen her cry about it or complain one time. She’s incredible.”

Kony and Sierra grew up with their mother, Nettie Jones, in a rough area of St. Louis. When Kony headed down a troublesome path during middle school, his dad, Willie Ealy, moved the family to southeast Missouri.

Kony was a football and basketball star at New Madrid County Central High School. Sierra took the bus every day to a nearby special education school. While at home, Kony helped with her communication and social skills around friends and family.

Eventually, Kony chose Mizzou over schools including Nebraska and Arkansas. The separation was hard on Sierra at first. But she enjoys road trips and crowds, so Tiger games provide a new kind of excitement. Her “little” brother, who dedicates everything he does to Sierra, supplies the gridiron highlights.

“She loves being in the car with the sun out, windows down and music blasting,” says Kony, referring to the four-hour car ride from the Bootheel. “She might not always understand everything going on down on the field, but she loves being around people.”

GloryDayz
01-05-2014, 08:02 AM
I read this story earlier in the week. If this doesn't make you root for Ealy, nothing will:

Sacks for Sierra

Mizzou lineman sacks for his sister.

http://mizzoumag.missouri.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Kony-Sierra_web.jpg (http://mizzoumag.missouri.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Kony-Sierra_web.jpg)Mizzou’s Kony Ealy is a menacing defensive end, but he’s a loving little brother to his sister, Sierra Jones, who has a disabling chromosomal condition. Photo by Greg Kendall-Ball.

Story by Marcus Wilkins
Published Aug. 12, 2013

When Kony Ealy (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kony_ealy_690205.html) arrived at Mizzou in 2010 from New Madrid, Mo., he was a slight (for a defensive end) 215-pounder waiting in the shadow of future NFL Pro Bowler Aldon Smith. Now he is a 6-foot-5-inch, 270-pound hulk.

But ask Kony, 22, about his sister, and he melts.

Sierra Jones, 23, was born with a chromosomal condition that impairs her speech. She communicates through sign language and a limited vocabulary, which includes yelling her baby brother’s name when the siblings are reunited after long breaks.

“She is always happy to see me,” Kony says. “For all we have been through, I haven’t seen her cry about it or complain one time. She’s incredible.”

Kony and Sierra grew up with their mother, Nettie Jones, in a rough area of St. Louis. When Kony headed down a troublesome path during middle school, his dad, Willie Ealy, moved the family to southeast Missouri.

Kony was a football and basketball star at New Madrid County Central High School. Sierra took the bus every day to a nearby special education school. While at home, Kony helped with her communication and social skills around friends and family.

Eventually, Kony chose Mizzou over schools including Nebraska and Arkansas. The separation was hard on Sierra at first. But she enjoys road trips and crowds, so Tiger games provide a new kind of excitement. Her “little” brother, who dedicates everything he does to Sierra, supplies the gridiron highlights.

“She loves being in the car with the sun out, windows down and music blasting,” says Kony, referring to the four-hour car ride from the Bootheel. “She might not always understand everything going on down on the field, but she loves being around people.”

That's awesome and a beautiful story...

Saul Good
01-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Anyone watching the replay on FSNMW?

Bowser
01-05-2014, 10:06 PM

Not yet. Thanks for the heads up.

Mosbonian
01-05-2014, 10:11 PM

Yep....its snowing like crazy, cold as the Arctic and everyone on the board is thinking of leaving the Chiefs.

At least I can smile and watch MU...

Saul Good
01-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Both Blake Bortles and Storm Johnson of UCF have announced that they are going to the NFL. That game has moved from a toss up to a game we should win handily.

Dr. Gigglepants
01-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Can anyone find a replay of the pass interference that called back the OSU pick 6 from the other night? kU guys at work were saying how lucky we got. I honestly haven't heard that very much, but since the chiefs game I've pretty much avoided sports radio. I was at the game and for some reason they only showed that once on the big screen, while it seemed like they played every other play a hundred times. The one time I saw it it looked like PI to me. Just wondering what everyone else thought, or if there is a video of it online.

The OSU fans were pissed, but they were a rather whiny bunch anyway.

I've already searched and can't find one, or even an article that mentions the call as being controversial. I told him he's pretty biased, but so am I so who knows.
Posted via Mobile Device

Eleazar
01-06-2014, 03:35 PM
It was a good call. The fans in the stadium obviously didn't see what happened.

Saul Good
01-06-2014, 03:35 PM
I don't have a gif.

The play was controversial only because Fox didn't put the penalty graphic up on the screen until after the play. The ref went for the flag before the pass was intercepted, though. It was PI, but it wasn't blatant. Had it not been called, Mizzou fans would have been pissed. It was called, and OSU fans are pissed.

duncan_idaho
01-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Can anyone find a replay of the pass interference that called back the OSU pick 6 from the other night? kU guys at work were saying how lucky we got. I honestly haven't heard that very much, but since the chiefs game I've pretty much avoided sports radio. I was at the game and for some reason they only showed that once on the big screen, while it seemed like they played every other play a hundred times. The one time I saw it it looked like PI to me. Just wondering what everyone else thought, or if there is a video of it online.

I've already searched and can't find one, or even an article that mentions the call as being controversial. I told him he's pretty biased, but so am I so who knows.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't find highlights of that, but it was the right call. Patmon pushed the receiver all the way up field, off his route, and then jumped underneath the timing route.

It was defensive holder or PI. Could really have called either.

Sorter
01-06-2014, 03:41 PM

Looks like a 2nd-3rd round guy.

Saul Good
01-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Looks like a 2nd-3rd round guy.

I would tend to agree. Similar to Tamba, he's a max effort guy who is more of a coverage sack guy than a game wrecker, but that is still a very valuable piece.

Saul Good
01-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Chiefs draft

1. Ealy

3. Sam
4. Gaines
5. Britt
6. Josey
7. Washington

Place your bets on whether or not the Chiefs draft turns out better or worse than this.

Sorter
01-06-2014, 03:52 PM
I would tend to agree. Similar to Tamba, he's a max effort guy who is more of a coverage sack guy than a game wrecker, but that is still a very valuable piece.

Interesting comparison, because in the limited games I've seen, Sam doesn't have much more than a rip move to the outside. Effort is great but there doesn't seem to be a variety of technique (compared to say, Clay Matthews coming out who was a late 1st/2nd round guy by most).

The good thing is that technique is teachable.

duncan_idaho
01-06-2014, 03:53 PM
If Josey is a round 6 or 7 grade, I think he should come back for another season. Just not worth going early at that point, though I understand he has a kid to support

Saul Good
01-06-2014, 03:55 PM
If Josey is a round 6 or 7 grade, I think he should come back for another season. Just not worth going early at that point, though I understand he has a kid to support

He'd be crazy to come back. None of his questions can be answered by playing another year.

Sorter
01-06-2014, 03:56 PM

Given how running backs fall, Josey as a 6th wouldn't surprise me. I'd also be willing to bet he outplays that. Pretty good vision for any ZB team. I'm fairly ignorant as to his pass pro/catching abilities though.

Saul Good
01-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Interesting comparison, because in the limited games I've seen, Sam doesn't have much more than a rip move to the outside. Effort is great but there doesn't seem to be a variety of technique (compared to say, Clay Matthews coming out who was a late 1st/2nd round guy by most).

The good thing is that technique is teachable.

Tamba has been a one trick pony for a decade, but it's a pretty good trick.

Saul Good
01-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Given how running backs fall, Josey as a 6th wouldn't surprise me. I'd also be willing to bet he outplays that. Pretty good vision for any ZB team. I'm fairly ignorant as to his pass pro/catching abilities though.

He is solid at both. In fact, he threw the key block on the biggest play of the game...the play when Franklin hit DGB down the sideline.

Sorter
01-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Tamba has been a one trick pony for a decade, but it's a pretty good trick.

2 trick. His bull-rush is pretty good.

Additionally, it seemed to me he was much better at hand-fighting a few years ago but I'm just going purely off memory.

Sorter
01-06-2014, 03:59 PM
He is solid at both. In fact, he threw the key block on the biggest play of the game...the play when Franklin hit DGB down the sideline.

Awesome.

BryanBusby
01-06-2014, 03:59 PM

Posted via Mobile Device
ButthurtBigXIIfans.txt is basically the response you should give them.

Saul Good
01-06-2014, 04:00 PM
2 trick. His bull-rush is pretty good.

Additionally, it seemed to me he was much better at hand-fighting a few years ago but I'm just going purely off memory.

When's the last time he bull rushed his way for a sack? It's in his bag, but it's not a weapon.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Josey was Jamaal Charles 2.0 before his knee injury. He might not be the same kind of player now, but he'll be pretty damned close. Moreover, he's shown an improved ability to break tackles, and he does all of the little things well.

RB's may drop, but he's a day two pick if his knee checks out.

Sorter
01-06-2014, 04:04 PM
When's the last time he bull rushed his way for a sack? It's in his bag, but it's not a weapon.

He had several pressures in the first quarter Saturday from a bull rush IIRC. Seemed to me he was definitely avoiding the rip for a while.

Edit: I'll probably be a sadistic bastard and re-watch the game tomorrow in A22. Ugh.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Sam is a situational pass rusher in the pros who could end up being one of the most important athletes in sports history.

Saul Good
01-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Josey was Jamaal Charles 2.0 before his knee injury. He might not be the same kind of player now, but he'll be pretty damned close. Moreover, he's shown an improved ability to break tackles, and he does all of the little things well.

I think he's Jamaal now. Then again, I think Jamaal has lost a step or more in terms of top end speed.

Saul Good
01-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Sam is a situational pass rusher in the pros who could end up being one of the most important athletes in sports history.

I've heard this rumor several different places, but I've never heard it from anyone "in the know", and I have a couple of pretty good sources as close friends. How sure are you?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-06-2014, 04:36 PM
I've heard this rumor several different places, but I've never heard it from anyone "in the know", and I have a couple of pretty good sources as close friends. How sure are you?

I lack inside sources other than current Mizzou students, and I don't believe any have very close ties to the athletic dept, so I'd imagine that the people you know are far more reliable than my hearsay.

A lot of isolated pockets of smoke, but they could all have the same point of origin.

duncan_idaho
01-06-2014, 04:40 PM

If he's a Day 2 pick, he certainly should go.

If they tell him he's a Day 3 pick and needs to show more ability to be a 3rd down back (catching the ball, blocking, etc) or that he needs to come back and get stronger, he might be wise to come back a year.

Big difference between being a Day 2 and Day 3 guy. But that's the beauty of the NFL draft process. He'll get some honest answers and respond accordingly.

Mosbonian
01-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Fox Sports has had the Cotton Bowl replay on 2 times now that I have caught....still as much fun to watch as when it was in real time.

And screw any whiners who want to say that the pass interference call was a gift. If you watch the replay he was mugged by the guy who eventually intercepted the pass.

Besides....even if it hadn't been, I could care less. We are MU, the university known for

1) The 5th Down
2) The Kicked Touchdown
3) Tyus Edney

It's about time karma would attempt to level the score.

Dr. Gigglepants
01-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Yeah I figured it was a decent call. We also had to get 3 obvious catches called catches by the review too, so the refs weren't just handing us the game the whole time.

siberian khatru
01-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Fox Sports has had the Cotton Bowl replay on 2 times now that I have caught....still as much fun to watch as when it was in real time.

And screw any whiners who want to say that the pass interference call was a gift. If you watch the replay he was mugged by the guy who eventually intercepted the pass.

Besides....even if it hadn't been, I could care less. We are MU, the university known for

1) The 5th Down
2) The Kicked Touchdown
3) Tyus Edney

It's about time karma would attempt to level the score.

And FWIW, Mike Perrreira thought it was the right call.

Mosbonian
01-06-2014, 05:43 PM
And FWIW, Mike Perrreira thought it was the right call.

The only people not agreeing with it are Okie State fans and KU fans who wanted to see us fail.

Pitt Gorilla
01-07-2014, 12:00 AM
One particularly great aspect of this season/Cotton Bowl win has been the coverage in St. Louis. For a town that hasn't always cared for Mizzou, the articles lately have been outstanding.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/mizzou-has-firepower-and-looks-to-reload/article_3c317410-bda2-53eb-aa77-880c77f1c0a6.html

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/eye-on-the-tigers/franklin-josey-rank-among-mu-s-all-time-greats/article_a5c76b9f-e8e1-5ab4-aa05-547d8f9a4255.html

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bernie-pinkel-continues-to-stack-achievements/article_bba6e51a-ac61-583b-815b-025368911ece.html

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bryan-burwell/ufr-farewell-to-the-bcs-mizzou-s-dream-season/html_fbb22d2a-74b9-575f-a564-78bea2d6b5c3.html

Other outlets have carried nice stories as well.

http://msn.foxsports.com/kansas-city/story/life-after-mizzou-max-copeland-isn-t-worried-about-it-010214

Reaper16
01-07-2014, 12:05 AM
This team ought to be #4 in the final poll.

Saul Good
01-07-2014, 07:17 AM
I lack inside sources other than current Mizzou students, and I don't believe any have very close ties to the athletic dept, so I'd imagine that the people you know are far more reliable than my hearsay.

A lot of isolated pockets of smoke, but they could all have the same point of origin.

Nobody I know is saying it isn't true...just that the don't know that it is. If it is true, it's remarkable what a non issue it is. That could be the bigger story...that it's a non story. Unfortunately, that will never be the narrative.

Mosbonian
01-07-2014, 07:25 AM
MU #5 in the AP and USA Today polls just behind South Carolina.....do they post a final BCS Poll? If so, then depending on how the computers like MU they could actually swap places with South Carolina in the BCS poll.

Either way...a nice finish to a good season.

Saul Good
01-07-2014, 07:44 AM
MU #5 in the AP and USA Today polls just behind South Carolina.....do they post a final BCS Poll? If so, then depending on how the computers like MU they could actually swap places with South Carolina in the BCS poll.

Either way...a nice finish to a good season.

They don't do another BCS poll. Can't complain about another top 5 finish.

kchero
01-07-2014, 07:53 AM
They don't do another BCS poll. Can't complain about another top 5 finish.

Sure can't, feels good man.

OmahaChief
01-07-2014, 08:48 AM

I will chime in on this and say that I know coaches on the team that are aware of his proclivities. They went to far as to say Sam and Aldon Smith were pretty close when Aldon was still in school.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Great season for MU.

Who is gone next year?

I know Franklin, Washington, and Sam are gone.

Is Josey expected to declare? Anyone else?

Saul Good
01-07-2014, 09:02 AM
I will chime in on this and say that I know coaches on the team that are aware of his proclivities. They went to far as to say Sam and Aldon Smith were pretty close when Aldon was still in school.

I've actually heard that rumored as well...again, not from anyone who would have direct knowledge, though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Great season for MU.

Who is gone next year?

Britt, Lucas, Wilson, EJ Gaines (our best DB of my life), Ponder (decent-ish CB), Donovan Bonner; The rest are mostly forgettable: Matt White, Max Copeland, and the like.

Nobody I know is saying it isn't true...just that the don't know that it is. If it is true, it's remarkable what a non issue it is. That could be the bigger story...that it's a non story. Unfortunately, that will never be the narrative.

I agree completely. Did you read the story in the Houston Chronicle about the '93 Oilers?

Saul Good
01-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Great season for MU.

Who is gone next year?

Gaines will be a huge loss. Britt, our right tackle, is gone. Ealy is leaving early.

We have a lot of talent leaving, but we are deep in most of those areas. I like our chances to repeat in the east.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Britt, Lucas, Wilson, EJ Gaines (our best DB of my life), Ponder (decent-ish CB), Donovan Bonner; The rest are mostly forgettable: Matt White, Max Copeland, and the like.

So overall how many starters gone from offense & defense excluding individuals like Franklin when you have Mauk ready to go?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2014, 09:08 AM
So overall how many starters gone from offense & defense excluding individuals like Franklin when you have Mauk ready to go?

Fourteen, I believe, but White and Copeland were awful. Ealy will be a devastating loss.

We just don't have anyone like Ealy on the team right now.

<table id="sortable_roster" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td align="right">48</td><td align="left">Andrew Wilson (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/andrew_wilson_405729.html)</td><td align="left">Linebacker</td><td align="left">6-3/240</td><td align="left">RS SR</td><td align="left">Peculiar, Mo.</td><td align="left">Raymore-Peculiar</td> </tr><tr> <td align="right">17</td><td align="left">Matt White (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/matt_white_452643.html)</td><td align="left">Safety</td><td align="left">6-0/195</td><td align="left">RS SR</td><td align="left">Keller, Texas</td><td align="left">Keller</td> </tr><tr> <td align="right">2</td><td align="left">L'Damian Washington (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ldamian_washington_452641.html)</td><td align="left">Wide Receiver</td><td align="left">6-4/205</td><td align="left">RS SR</td><td align="left">Shreveport, La.</td><td align="left">Green Oaks</td> </tr><tr> <td align="right">52</td><td align="left">Michael Sam (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/michael_sam_452639.html)</td><td align="left">Defensive Lineman</td><td align="left">6-2/255</td><td align="left">RS SR</td><td align="left">Hitchcock, Texas</td><td align="left">Hitchcock</td> </tr><tr> <td align="right">7</td><td align="left">Randy Ponder (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/randy_ponder_465228.html)</td><td align="left">Defensive Back</td><td align="left">5-10/195</td><td align="left">RS SR</td><td align="left">Edmond, Okla.</td><td align="left">Santa Fe</td> </tr><tr> <td align="right">94</td><td align="left">Marvin Foster (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/marvin_foster_452631.html)</td><td align="left">Defensive Lineman</td><td align="left">6-1/300</td><td align="left">RS SR</td><td align="left">Fort Worth, Texas</td><td align="left">North Crowley</td> </tr><tr> <td align="right">61</td><td align="left">Max Copeland (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/max_copeland_465234.html)</td><td align="left">Offensive Lineman</td><td align="left">6-3/300</td><td align="left">RS SR</td><td align="left">Billings, Mont.</td><td align="left">West</td> </tr><tr> <td align="right">68</td><td align="left">Justin Britt (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/justin_britt_452625.html)</td><td align="left">Offensive Lineman</td><td align="left">6-6/315</td><td align="left">RS SR</td><td align="left">Lebanon, Mo.</td><td align="left">Lebanon</td> </tr><tr> <td align="right">8</td><td align="left">Donovan Bonner (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/donovan_bonner_452624.html)</td><td align="left">Linebacker</td><td align="left">6-1/245</td><td align="left">RS SR</td><td align="left">Dallas, Texas</td><td align="left">Lincoln</td> </tr><tr> <td align="right">81</td><td align="left">Eric Waters (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/eric_waters_612965.html)</td><td align="left">Tight End</td><td align="left">6-5/245</td><td align="left">SR</td><td align="left">Mansfield, Texas</td><td align="left">Summitt</td> </tr><tr> <td align="right">85</td><td align="left">Marcus Lucas (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/marcus_lucas_690306.html)</td><td align="left">Wide Receiver</td><td align="left">6-5/220</td><td align="left">SR</td><td align="left">Liberty, Mo.</td><td align="left">Liberty</td> </tr><tr> <td align="right">31</td><td align="left">E.J. Gaines (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ej_gaines_690245.html)</td><td align="left">Defensive Back</td><td align="left">5-11/195</td><td align="left">SR</td><td align="left">Independence, Mo.</td><td align="left">Fort Osage</td> </tr><tr> <td align="right">1</td><td align="left">James Franklin (http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/james_franklin_612765.html)</td><td align="left">Quarterback</td><td align="left">6-2/230</td><td align="left">SR</td><td align="left">Corinth, Texas</td><td align="left">Lake Dallas</td> </tr></tbody></table>
Add in Josey+Ealy=:Lin:

WhawhaWhat
01-07-2014, 09:09 AM

L'Damian Washington is gone. WRs next year will be DBG, Hunt and Sasser, and they will all be gone after 2014.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2014, 09:18 AM
L'Damian Washington is gone. WRs next year will be DBG, Hunt and Sasser, and they will all be gone after 2014.

He mentioned Sam, Franklin, and LDW in his post.

duncan_idaho
01-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Great season for MU.

Who is gone next year?

Losses:

OFFENSE

QB James Franklin
LT Justin Britt. Likely a middle-round NFL pick, from what I've seen (4th/5th)
LG Max Copeland. Former walk-on was the weak link on the OL but brought an attitude to the group that was crucial.
WR Marcus Lucas: Steady senior was a weapon in the slot.
WR LaDamian Washington. Led the team in receiving yards and feasted off of single coverage due to teams
TE Eric Waters. Was not used as a receiving target very often but had a good year as an in-line blocker.

DEFENSE
DE Michael Sam
DE Kony Ealy. Rs. JR has already declared for the draft. Has come a long way from the raw basketball player who barely qualified for college out of HS. Lock to be a first-round pick, may go as high as Top 10.
MLB Andrew Wilson. Steady, hard-hitting defensive captain. Didn't have great sideline-to-sideline range, but generally made the right calls, got the team in position, and delivered a blow when he arrived.
OLB Donavan Bonner. Didn't play much - he was the odd LB out in the nickel package.
CB EJ Gaines. Missouri's best corner since the 60s. 2nd-4th round pick in the draft, depending on the scout.
CB Randy Ponder. Former walk-on who was a steady starter opposite Gaines. Undersized and not that fast, but solid in run support and had good instincts.

So quite a few losses. Josey is the only other potential early entry loss, probably depends on his draft grade. I'm not sure if he declares or not. Here's a guess at what next year's two deep looks like (returning starters in BOLD, players with experience in BOLD/ITAL)

QB Maty Mauk/Eddie Printz
RB Josey/Russell Hansbrough/Marcus Murphy
WR Dorial Green-Beckham/Darius White
WR Bud Sasser/Nate Brown (incoming freshman)
WR Jimmy Hunt/Levi Copelin
TE Sean Culkin/Brandon Merrifield
LT Clay Rhodes/Taylor Chappell
LG Anthony Gatti/Brad McNulty
C Evan Boehm/Alec Abeln
RG Connor McGovern/Mitch Hall
RT Mitch Morse/Jordan Williams

Offense returns 3/5 OL, good, experienced talent at WR (though it will go 6-6/6-4/6-2 rather than 6-6/6-5/6-4), a very effective RB group and a potentially dynamic QB. Big question will be who plays LT. They could slide the experienced Mitch Morse over there, but redshirt freshman Clay Rhodes has drawn rave reviews from practice and might have the highest upside on this OL.

RDE Shane Ray/Ricky Hatley or Marcus Loud
LDE Markus Golden/Ricky Hatley or Charles Harris
DT Matt Hoch/Josh Augusta
DT Harold Brantley/Lucas Vincent

OLB Donavin Newsome/Darvin Ruise
MLB Michael Scherer/Eric Biesel
OLB Kentrell Brothers/Clarence Green

CB Aarion Penton/Logan Cheadle or Anthony Sherrils
CB John Gibson/Earnest Payton

S Braylon Webb/Greg Taylor (freshman)
S Ian Simon/Duron Singleton

The defense has a pair of strong DEs in Ray and Golden - who were nearly as effective as Sam/Ealy this year - but depth behind them is a real question. The middle of the line should be ascending, with standout young guys like Brantley and Augusta joining quality vets like Hoch and Vincent.

At LB, they need to replace the man in the middle but should remain strong in the nickel set, which is the primary set. I think they're a little more athletic at the OLB spot. Secondary is a big question. Both Penton and Gibson played a lot and played well this year, but Gaines is still a big loss. They lose Matt White at S, which is addition by subtraction.

I'd expect a step back defensively, though not a complete drop-off. Offense will need to rev up to compensate.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Congrats on finishing top 5 this season.

Impressive season.

siberian khatru
01-07-2014, 01:35 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Missouri announces Henry Josey has declared for NFL draft.</p>&mdash; Joe Walljasper (@JoeWalljasper) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeWalljasper/statuses/420639401526722560">January 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kchero
01-07-2014, 01:38 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Missouri announces Henry Josey has declared for NFL draft.</p>&mdash; Joe Walljasper (@JoeWalljasper) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeWalljasper/statuses/420639401526722560">January 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

I dont blame him, considering his injury history, but it is a hard pill to swallow.

kchero
01-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Congrats on finishing top 5 this season.

Impressive season.

:thumb:

Saul Good
01-07-2014, 01:40 PM

Bittersweet, but good for him. There has never been a Mizzou athlete for whom I will root harder as a pro.

CoMoChief
01-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Josey will be the steal of the draft if he can stay healthy. Guy's got a pretty good 2nd gear.

duncan_idaho
01-07-2014, 01:49 PM
UPDATED

RB Russell Hansbrough/Marcus Murphy
WR Jimmy Hunt/J'Mon Moore (redshirt freshman, forgot him 1st time around)
C Evan Boehm/Alec Abeln

Offense returns 3/5 OL, good, experienced talent at WR (though it will go 6-6/6-4/6-2 rather than 6-6/6-5/6-4), a very effective RB group and a potentially dynamic QB. Big question will be who plays LT. They could slide the experienced Mitch Morse over there, but redshirt freshman Clay Rhodes has drawn rave reviews from practice and might have the highest upside on this OL.

Keep an eye on rs. freshman J'Mon Moore, who could be a breakout star. He likely would not have redshirted if this years group wasn't so deep.

The defense has a pair of strong DEs in Ray and Golden - who were nearly as effective as Sam/Ealy this year - but depth behind them is a real question. The middle of the line should be ascending, with standout young guys like Brantley and Augusta joining quality vets like Hoch and Vincent.

At LB, they need to replace the man in the middle but should remain strong in the nickel set, which is the primary set. I think they're a little more athletic at the OLB spot. Secondary is a big question. Both Penton and Gibson played a lot and played well this year, but Gaines is still a big loss. They lose Matt White at S, which is addition by subtraction.

I'd expect a step back defensively, though not a complete drop-off. Offense will need to rev up to compensate.

Saul Good
01-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Seriously...would you trade our (yet to be determined) draft for Ealy, Sam, Gaines, Britt, Josey, and Washington?

Honestly, I think I would...and I'd grab Maclin in FA just for good measure.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Seriously...would you trade our (yet to be determined) draft for Ealy, Sam, Gaines, Britt, Josey, and Washington?

Take it a step farther...

Which rounds are they each projected for...?

Eleazar
01-07-2014, 01:59 PM

Eh... no.

I would like to see Gaines become a Chief, especially if we could add him in a middle round. He might be a good fit for what we do here defensively.

Saul Good
01-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Take it a step farther...

Which rounds are they each projected for...?

Prett much right there...

Getting Ealy and Gaines that late would be fortunate but not out of the question.

Pitt Gorilla
01-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Britt had a very good season and a nearly-perfect Cotton Bowl. Assuming his knee checks out, I wouldn't be surprised to see him move up the draft board a bit. His punch and lateral quickness are outstanding.

Pitt Gorilla
01-07-2014, 03:07 PM

Honestly, I think I would...and I'd grab Maclin in FA just for good measure.Given that Ealy is a top 10 pick and Gaines should go no later than the 3rd, I'd certainly consider it. Josey would be perfect in our offense.

OmahaChief
01-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Losses:

OFFENSE

QB James Franklin
LT Justin Britt. Likely a middle-round NFL pick, from what I've seen (4th/5th)
LG Max Copeland. Former walk-on was the weak link on the OL but brought an attitude to the group that was crucial.
WR Marcus Lucas: Steady senior was a weapon in the slot.
WR LaDamian Washington. Led the team in receiving yards and feasted off of single coverage due to teams
TE Eric Waters. Was not used as a receiving target very often but had a good year as an in-line blocker.

DEFENSE
DE Michael Sam
DE Kony Ealy. Rs. JR has already declared for the draft. Has come a long way from the raw basketball player who barely qualified for college out of HS. Lock to be a first-round pick, may go as high as Top 10.
MLB Andrew Wilson. Steady, hard-hitting defensive captain. Didn't have great sideline-to-sideline range, but generally made the right calls, got the team in position, and delivered a blow when he arrived.
OLB Donavan Bonner. Didn't play much - he was the odd LB out in the nickel package.
CB EJ Gaines. Missouri's best corner since the 60s. 2nd-4th round pick in the draft, depending on the scout.
CB Randy Ponder. Former walk-on who was a steady starter opposite Gaines. Undersized and not that fast, but solid in run support and had good instincts.

So quite a few losses. Josey is the only other potential early entry loss, probably depends on his draft grade. I'm not sure if he declares or not. Here's a guess at what next year's two deep looks like (returning starters in BOLD, players with experience in BOLD/ITAL)

RB Josey/Russell Hansbrough/Marcus Murphy
WR Jimmy Hunt/Levi Copelin
C Evan Boehm/Alec Abeln

There is no Brandon Merrifield at TE..we have a Brandon Holifield but I think he smoked himself out of school already. Jason Reese is the likely backup at TE

duncan_idaho
01-07-2014, 03:28 PM
There is no Brandon Merrifield at TE..we have a Brandon Holifield but I think he smoked himself out of school already. Jason Reese is the likely backup at TE

That's right. Holifield is who I was thinking of, but I forgot he was gone. Did that on the fly.

Guess it's Reese, then. Unless they manage to land Frank Iheanacho and he plays right away.

duncan_idaho
01-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Looking at the depth chart a little bit more, I really think it would be smart to be creative in the way Harold Brantley is used.

Missouri has two quality, proven DEs in Shane Ray and Markus Golden, each of whom is capable of being a star.

But beyond that, unless Dante Sawyer flips on his visit in a few weeks or Rocel McWilliams is much better than anticipated, you're looking at projects like rs. freshman Charles Harris or rs. sophomore Ricky Hatley and a guy like Marcus Loud, who did have some quality offers - Michigan State and Mississippi State among them.

They probably get at least ONE good player out of that group next year, but hitting on 2/3 as underclassmen seems like a stretch to me.

Mizzou has four quality, proven DTs in Matt Hoch, Lucas Vincent, Josh Augusta and Harold Brantley.

And it has several redshirt freshmen who hold promise: AJ Logan, Nate Crawford, DeQuinton Osborne and Evan Winston.

All that considered (and I know it's a wall of text), I think it makes sense to think about playing Brantley at LDE/SDE. You could still rotate him inside on passing downs, just like they do now, and it would mean either Ray or Golden isn't "officially" a starter, but I think that's Missouri's best chance to get to a reliable, 8-deep rotation next year.

Saul Good
01-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Brantley, Ray, Golden, and Loud are all going to be very good players next year.

KChiefs1
01-07-2014, 07:21 PM

KU fans would burn Arrowhead down.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Ealy is a top 20 pick. Sam, Josey, and Gaines all go in the late third or higher. Washington is probably a 3rd-4th rounder who could blossom into a real star on the outside and could skyrocket after the combine/Sr. Bowl. Britt is a RG/RT in the pros who might be a quality backup. Lucas should get drafted in the 5th or 6th, too. Wilson might stick as a ST'er in the pros.

There are 7-8 pros leaving Missouri.

Saul Good
01-07-2014, 08:59 PM
Ealy is a top 20 pick. Sam, Josey, and Gaines all go in the late third or higher. Washington is probably a 3rd-4th rounder who could blossom into a real star on the outside and could skyrocket after the combine/Sr. Bowl. Britt is a RG/RT in the pros who might be a quality backup. Lucas should get drafted in the 5th or 6th, too. Wilson might stick as a ST'er in the pros.

There are 7-8 pros leaving Missouri.

I can't imagine Josey going that high, and I doubt Washington gets drafted at all. I would be stunned if Lucas did.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2014, 09:06 PM
I can't imagine Josey going that high, and I doubt Washington gets drafted at all. I would be stunned if Lucas did.

Scott Wright has LDW ranked #20 among WR and Lucas #43.

Usually 30 WRs are drafted, and both will help themselves in the post season.

If Washington refines his route running and adds 15 pounds he has the potential to be a game-breaking NFL receiver, because he has the size and speed you can't teach.

Josey is just too fast and too skilled to drop too much if the knee checks out.

Saul Good
01-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Scott Wright has LDW ranked #20 among WR and Lucas #43.

Usually 30 WRs are drafted, and both will help themselves in the post season.

If Washington refines his route running and adds 15 pounds he has the potential to be a game-breaking NFL receiver, because he has the size and speed you can't teach.

Josey is just too fast and too skilled to drop too much if the knee checks out.

Washington's problem is that he's a body catcher, and that's tough to change. Hope I'm wrong. He's one of my favorite Tigers ever.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Character wise, you couldn't find three better people than Josey, Ealy, and Washington. They've overcome so much adversity and are great kids.

Pitt Gorilla
01-08-2014, 03:40 PM
From PowerMizzou:

Starting with 2003, his (Pinkel) first bowl season, Mizzou is the 15th winningest BCS AQ school (93-49)

From 2006-13, Mizzou moves up to 12th (73-33)

Since 2007, Mizzou is 8th in the country at 65-28 (Oregon, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, VTech, USC and Oklahoma State have won more).

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Expectations need to be tempered for the next few years. The lean classes of '12, '13, and '14 are really going to bite us in the ass.

duncan_idaho
01-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Expectations need to be tempered for the next few years. The lean classes of '12, '13, and '14 are really going to bite us in the ass.

8-9 wins is a pretty reasonable expectation next season, I think, based on the returning talent levels.

The 2012 class was ranked 31 by Rivals and has turned out better than expected, already:

DGB
Boehm
Hansbrough
Harold Brantley
Mauk
John Gibson
Golden

All have already made pretty significant contributions as rs. freshmen and sophomores.

Guys like Copelin, Culkin will play bigger roles next year. Also wouldn't be surprised to see one of Jordan Williams, Donavin Newsom, or Evan Winston be an contributor next year.

The 2013 class still looks promising to me. I think there's a good shot we see a star T (Rhodes), star DT (Augusta), star WR (J'Mon Moore), star CB (Penton), star DE (either Harris or Loud), and several solid players out of it. WOuldn't surprise me if Biesel ends up being a star at LB.

(Note: "Star" = above-average starter)

I think the biggest problem is that the 2011 class hasn't contributed a whole lot. It was a small class that already lost its best player (Sheldon Richardson). Ray was a star as a pass-rush sub. Brothers is a solid LB, and it's likely they get pretty nice contributions from Chappell, McNulty and McGovern on the OL and Simon in the secondary.

But that class being thin really hurts the program in 2014 (rs. jr/sr) and 2015 (rs. sr) years.

I think the 14 class is going to end up being pretty valuable. I would feel better about it had they secured Brian Wallace, but I think it's going to be a strong group.

bowener
01-08-2014, 04:23 PM

Any hope for some good JuCo transfers coming?

duncan_idaho
01-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Any hope for some good JuCo transfers coming?

They've only been seriously linked to one, Kenya Dennis, a DB from Mississippi who has already enrolled and will be here this month.

He'll go through spring ball and should have a chance to play right away at either CB or S. He's a bigger guy - 6-0/190 - than they typically have played at CB.

There are some guys who might contribute early:

OL Andy Bauer (could see him crack the two-deep if he is healthy)
WR Nate Brown (big, physical guy with good hands)
CB Logan Cheedle (fits the mold of Penton and Gaines and could play as a true freshman)
CB Ronnie Wingo (see Cheedle)
S Greg Taylor (big-time athlete, big-hitter, good speed)
LB Brandon Lee (good size, good contribute on ST and in reserve role)
WR Lawrence Lee (quick slot guy)
It also wouldn't shock me if one of the RBs, Ish Witter or Trevon Walters, plays right as the 3rd back.

Pitt Gorilla
01-08-2014, 04:40 PM
They've only been seriously linked to one, Kenya Dennis, a DB from Mississippi who has already enrolled and will be here this month.

He'll go through spring ball and should have a chance to play right away at either CB or S. He's a bigger guy - 6-0/190 - than they typically have played at CB.

There are some guys who might contribute early:

OL Andy Bauer (could see him crack the two-deep if he is healthy)
WR Nate Brown (big, physical guy with good hands)
CB Logan Cheedle (fits the mold of Penton and Gaines and could play as a true freshman)
CB Ronnie Wingo (see Cheedle)
S Greg Taylor (big-time athlete, big-hitter, good speed)
LB Brandon Lee (good size, good contribute on ST and in reserve role)
WR Lawrence Lee (quick slot guy)
It also wouldn't shock me if one of the RBs, Ish Witter or Trevon Walters, plays right as the 3rd back.
You don't think steward would play ahead of the frosh?

duncan_idaho
01-08-2014, 04:42 PM
You don't think steward would play ahead of the frosh?

He PROBABLY will (I liked what we saw out of him in limited action this year). Especially since he's adept at running between the tackles, and they might lack that without Josey.

But Witter and Walters fit the scheme so well, it wouldn't surprise me to see either grab the spot.

PackerinMo
01-08-2014, 04:49 PM

Any hope the staff can coach them up?

GloryDayz
01-08-2014, 04:52 PM
From PowerMizzou:

Starting with 2003, his (Pinkel) first bowl season, Mizzou is the 15th winningest BCS AQ school (93-49)

From 2006-13, Mizzou moves up to 12th (73-33)

Since 2007, Mizzou is 8th in the country at 65-28 (Oregon, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, VTech, USC and Oklahoma State have won more).

How many of those wins are in the national championship games? It's a rhetorical question so don't answer it, but I'm kind of tired of some good stat deflecting that, other than Sporting KC, we can't brag about being the best at anything. Hell, even our "loudest stadium" bragging rights were ripped away!

Not ranting at you, just ranting...

Pitt Gorilla
01-08-2014, 05:06 PM
How many of those wins are in the national championship games? It's a rhetorical question so don't answer it, but I'm kind of tired of some good stat deflecting that, other than Sporting KC, we can't brag about being the best at anything. Hell, even our "loudest stadium" bragging rights were ripped away!

Not ranting at you, just ranting...Free column written just for you.

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1595253

duncan_idaho
01-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Any hope the staff can coach them up?

I would expect that a few of the under-radar guys develop into much better players than anticipated before all is said and done. This staff has a proven track record in that regard.

It's first consensus All-American was a two-star recruit taken as a backup plan.

duncan_idaho
01-08-2014, 05:17 PM

Not ranting at you, just ranting...

Yeah, if you're reduced to bragging about being the the champ of somewhere between the 8-10th best league in the world, it's pretty sad, isn't it?

Pitt Gorilla
01-08-2014, 05:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdfaCuiCYAARsjG.jpg:large

Saul Good
01-08-2014, 06:40 PM

Don't think I will be turning that into a t-shirt any time soon.

Mosbonian
01-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Free column written just for you.

Nice article....and true.

This was a great season...and I enjoyed it all. More than anything watching Henry Josey coming back from an injury that would have ended most careers and having a great year.

GloryDayz
01-08-2014, 07:37 PM

Awesome.... Like!!

KcMizzou
01-08-2014, 09:04 PM

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1595253Yup, totally agree.

Always enjoy the ride. Yes, I'd dearly love to win it all. But for me, it's not all or nothing.

KChiefs1
01-08-2014, 10:47 PM

That's awesome!:thumb:

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2014, 12:24 AM
Iheanacho committed to aTm and Booth committed to Indiana, a few days after losing Wallace to Arkansas.

What a disappointment this class is shaping up as.

PackerinMo
01-10-2014, 12:51 AM
They just can't reel them in, it sucks.

Mosbonian
01-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Iheanacho committed to aTm and Booth committed to Indiana, a few days after losing Wallace to Arkansas.

What a disappointment this class is shaping up as.

Indiana? Someone we wanted committed to Indiana? That's almost as bad as saying they went to KU instead of us. Even the people here in Indiana make jokes about the football team.

warpaint*
01-10-2014, 07:54 AM
Nice article....and true.

This was a great season...and I enjoyed it all. More than anything watching Henry Josey coming back from an injury that would have ended most careers and having a great year.

Gabe wrote a column speaking to the 1% that aren't thrilled w/ 12-2?

Seems superfluous.

There is only one teacher for that kind of crazy & that's life. Over time life teaches people that don't have perspective & the ones that don't learn certainly aren't going to after reading that.

Saul Good
01-10-2014, 08:37 AM
Indiana? Someone we wanted committed to Indiana? That's almost as bad as saying they went to KU instead of us. Even the people here in Indiana make jokes about the football team.

According to Gabe, he didn't have a Mizzou offer. He was trying to make it look like he was in demand, but Indiana was his only option.

Stanley Nickels
01-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Don't think I will be turning that into a t-shirt any time soon.

ROFLROFLROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2014, 09:14 AM
According to Gabe, he didn't have a Mizzou offer. He was trying to make it look like he was in demand, but Indiana was his only option.

Then Gabe should probably remove the information from his website that lists him under Missouri offers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2014, 09:18 AM
There are several things that Pinkel's staff is good at. I think they are near elite status in being able to develop athletes into football players, but their raw recruiting ability has always been suspect at best.

I know Harrison is a baseball guy, and there are some legitimate reasons for passing on some of these guys, but this is fucking embarrassing:

<table summary=""><thead><tr class="yui-dt-first yui-dt-last"><th class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first yui-dt-asc" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-rank">Rank (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-rank)
</th><th class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-name">Name (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-name)
</th><th class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-position">Pos (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-position)
</th><th class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-location">Location (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-location)
</th><th class="numstars yui-dt0-col-numstars yui-dt-col-numstars yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-numstars">Stars (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-numstars)
</th><th class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-height">Ht (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-height)
</th><th class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-weight">Wt (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-weight)
</th><th class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-school">School (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-school)
</th></tr></thead><tbody style="" class="yui-dt-data" tabindex="0"><tr class="yui-dt-first yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec0" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#1
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Andy Bauer (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Andy-Bauer-127371;_ylt=AkCmyTnCkFn25WqWM198wRoYs5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">OL
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>DeSmet</cite>
</td><td class="numstars yui-dt0-col-numstars yui-dt-col-numstars yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-numstars ">4 stars
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'6"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">304
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Missouri (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/missouri-22;_ylt=AjRon5fmcgtXnDRxtlmMbVYYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec1" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#2
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Brian Wallace (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Brian-Wallace-143794;_ylt=AvXkbF8t_pD_sjNaAFssfsUYs5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">OL
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>Christian Brothers College High</cite>
</td><td class="numstars yui-dt0-col-numstars yui-dt-col-numstars yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-numstars ">4 stars
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'6"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">304
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Arkansas (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/arkansas-74;_ylt=AgP55O4QwNofARMYZvv7y_gYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec2" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#3
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Roderick Johnson (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Roderick-Johnson-131994;_ylt=AmtZTAY9k9hFta2r4tUkhI0Ys5B4)
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Florissant, MO<cite>Hazelwood Central</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'7"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">310
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">list (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Roderick-Johnson-131994;_ylt=AkWh_tMt7Fo4ur4qjySvJpsYs5B4?colleges=show#college_choices)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec3" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#4
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Monte Harrison (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Monte-Harrison-143476;_ylt=AiJrtKNb5LVl6Ax_yP.d9ZoYs5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">WR
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Lee's Summit, MO<cite>Lee's Summit West</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'3"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">200
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Nebraska (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/nebraska-23;_ylt=AtVseRvKxYKYphfWgCXXZMwYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec4" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#5
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Rafe Peavey (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Rafe-Peavey-131476;_ylt=AooNTZIcahHz5jsDHESayjMYs5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">QB
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Bolivar, MO<cite>Bolivar</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'2"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">205
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Arkansas (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/arkansas-74;_ylt=AoMSWrC73WjSey2vBj9VdlIYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec5" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#6
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Markel Smith (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Markel-Smith-135190;_ylt=AkomaRgfysA5OWrq3_tqUj8Ys5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">RB
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>St. John Vianney</cite>
</td><td class="numstars yui-dt0-col-numstars yui-dt-col-numstars yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-numstars ">3 stars
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">5'10"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">210
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Iowa (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/iowa-28;_ylt=AnLjJ60vTAooAiHjACjBgLYYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec6" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#7
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Raymond Wingo (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Raymond-Wingo-144378;_ylt=AliXvFVqdS6tihJDcNp45y8Ys5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">DB
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>University</cite>
</td><td class="numstars yui-dt0-col-numstars yui-dt-col-numstars yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-numstars ">3 stars
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'0"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">165
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Missouri (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/missouri-22;_ylt=AiSOMfP1SHhAfwnA4T2yfkoYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec7" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#8
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Kaleb Prewett (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Kaleb-Prewett-149919;_ylt=Aj97B.e4_OYYzZ2KKP4ekNwYs5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">DB
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Blue Springs, MO<cite>Blue Springs</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'2"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">197
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Kansas St. (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/kansasst.-21;_ylt=AtUPuRaGnW0f6KhoocYVEywYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec8" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#9
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Dalvin Warmack (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Dalvin-Warmack-146179;_ylt=ApbiWBxPyy3ebuJg9oYs1ZIYs5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">RB
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Blue Springs, MO<cite>Blue Springs</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">5'8"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">183
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Kansas St. (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/kansasst.-21;_ylt=AmyJg1pSI9EkrIttpMQ7d5YYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec9" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#10
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Freedom Akinmoladun (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Freedom-Akinmoladun-152073;_ylt=AkQLmsGInUJE4qnciG9tF7sYs5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">TE
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Grandview, MO<cite>Grandview</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'4"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">240
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Nebraska (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/nebraska-23;_ylt=AiKLlRDcZcBkJNJDb9q8OoAYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec10" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#11
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Logan Cheadle (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Logan-Cheadle-146346;_ylt=Ai9BN_Gx0RfBg9lDJ04owlAYs5B4)
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Lee's Summit, MO<cite>Lee's Summit West</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">5'10"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">165
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Missouri (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/missouri-22;_ylt=AqhgIQ6QNZyBE5Q_GZszE1AYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec11" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#12
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Renell Wren (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Renell-Wren-150053;_ylt=AhxpwpT65k2bPAldqjIv790Ys5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">DE
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>Lutheran North</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'5"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">247
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Arizona St. (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/arizonast.-58;_ylt=AnQwWFRTMVZt6pzt6GOV5xQYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec12" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#13
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Jonathan Bonner (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Jonathan-Bonner-146288;_ylt=AloO9SRM_K97AhV0_gEFMF0Ys5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">DE
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Chesterfield, MO<cite>Parkway Central</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'3"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">253
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Notre Dame (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/notredame-104;_ylt=Aou5msiDweE.SHALy1XJp04Ys5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec13" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#14
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Armon Watts (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Armon-Watts-148412;_ylt=AlIRP2oqT9KYSHH4NGkEzyIYs5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">DT
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>Christian Brothers College High</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'5"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">274
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Arkansas (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/arkansas-74;_ylt=AggrVMyfwuq7nmn27_796_gYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-last yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec14" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#15
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Zach Muniz (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Zach-Muniz-150052;_ylt=AjYBnmVL.pXqi62RqV3_9w0Ys5B4)
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">5'11"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">160
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Duke (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/duke-2;_ylt=AgYmZeTV2VvPhPXN_L2WvpIYs5B4)
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Saul Good
01-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Then Gabe should probably remove the information from his website that lists him under Missouri offers.

He can't. Offers are reported by the players, and Rivals goes with it. He had an offer at one time, but we didn't save his spot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2014, 09:29 AM
He can't. Offers are reported by the players, and Rivals goes with it. He had an offer at one time, but we didn't save his spot.

Probably a little clearer to say he had an offer that was rescinded, then.

Saul Good
01-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Probably a little clearer to say he had an offer that was rescinded, then.

Fair enough. Either way...at the time he selected Indiana, it was his only D-1 offer.

duncan_idaho
01-10-2014, 09:55 AM
There are several things that Pinkel's staff is good at. I think they are near elite status in being able to develop athletes into football players, but their raw recruiting ability has always been suspect at best.

I know Harrison is a baseball guy, and there are some legitimate reasons for passing on some of these guys, but this is ****ing embarrassing:

<table summary=""><thead><tr class="yui-dt-first yui-dt-last"><th class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first yui-dt-asc" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-rank">Rank (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-rank)
</th><th class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-name">Name (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-name)
</th><th class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-position">Pos (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-position)
</th><th class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-location">Location (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-location)
</th><th class="numstars yui-dt0-col-numstars yui-dt-col-numstars yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-numstars">Stars (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-numstars)
</th><th class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-height">Ht (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-height)
</th><th class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-weight">Wt (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-weight)
</th><th class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" colspan="1" rowspan="1" id="yui-dt0-th-school">School (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/rankings/yui-dt0-href-school)
</th></tr></thead><tbody style="" class="yui-dt-data" tabindex="0"><tr class="yui-dt-first yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec0" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#1
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Andy Bauer (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Andy-Bauer-127371;_ylt=AkCmyTnCkFn25WqWM198wRoYs5B4)
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>DeSmet</cite>
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Missouri (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/missouri-22;_ylt=AjRon5fmcgtXnDRxtlmMbVYYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec1" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#2
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Brian Wallace (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Brian-Wallace-143794;_ylt=AvXkbF8t_pD_sjNaAFssfsUYs5B4)
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Arkansas (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/arkansas-74;_ylt=AgP55O4QwNofARMYZvv7y_gYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec2" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#3
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Roderick Johnson (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Roderick-Johnson-131994;_ylt=AmtZTAY9k9hFta2r4tUkhI0Ys5B4)
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Florissant, MO<cite>Hazelwood Central</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'7"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">310
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">list (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Roderick-Johnson-131994;_ylt=AkWh_tMt7Fo4ur4qjySvJpsYs5B4?colleges=show#college_choices)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec3" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#4
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Monte Harrison (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Monte-Harrison-143476;_ylt=AiJrtKNb5LVl6Ax_yP.d9ZoYs5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">WR
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">200
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Nebraska (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/nebraska-23;_ylt=AtVseRvKxYKYphfWgCXXZMwYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec4" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#5
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Rafe Peavey (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Rafe-Peavey-131476;_ylt=AooNTZIcahHz5jsDHESayjMYs5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">QB
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Bolivar, MO<cite>Bolivar</cite>
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">205
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Arkansas (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/arkansas-74;_ylt=AoMSWrC73WjSey2vBj9VdlIYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec5" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#6
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Markel Smith (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Markel-Smith-135190;_ylt=AkomaRgfysA5OWrq3_tqUj8Ys5B4)
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>St. John Vianney</cite>
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">210
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Iowa (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/iowa-28;_ylt=AnLjJ60vTAooAiHjACjBgLYYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec6" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#7
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Raymond Wingo (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Raymond-Wingo-144378;_ylt=AliXvFVqdS6tihJDcNp45y8Ys5B4)
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>University</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'0"
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Missouri (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/missouri-22;_ylt=AiSOMfP1SHhAfwnA4T2yfkoYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec7" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#8
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Kaleb Prewett (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Kaleb-Prewett-149919;_ylt=Aj97B.e4_OYYzZ2KKP4ekNwYs5B4)
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">197
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Kansas St. (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/kansasst.-21;_ylt=AtUPuRaGnW0f6KhoocYVEywYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec8" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#9
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Dalvin Warmack (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Dalvin-Warmack-146179;_ylt=ApbiWBxPyy3ebuJg9oYs1ZIYs5B4)
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">5'8"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">183
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Kansas St. (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/kansasst.-21;_ylt=AmyJg1pSI9EkrIttpMQ7d5YYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec9" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#10
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Freedom Akinmoladun (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Freedom-Akinmoladun-152073;_ylt=AkQLmsGInUJE4qnciG9tF7sYs5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">TE
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Grandview, MO<cite>Grandview</cite>
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">6'4"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">240
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Nebraska (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/nebraska-23;_ylt=AiKLlRDcZcBkJNJDb9q8OoAYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec10" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#11
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Logan Cheadle (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Logan-Cheadle-146346;_ylt=Ai9BN_Gx0RfBg9lDJ04owlAYs5B4)
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Missouri (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/missouri-22;_ylt=AqhgIQ6QNZyBE5Q_GZszE1AYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec11" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#12
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Renell Wren (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Renell-Wren-150053;_ylt=AhxpwpT65k2bPAldqjIv790Ys5B4)
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">St. Louis, MO<cite>Lutheran North</cite>
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">247
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Arizona St. (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/arizonast.-58;_ylt=AnQwWFRTMVZt6pzt6GOV5xQYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec12" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#13
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Jonathan Bonner (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Jonathan-Bonner-146288;_ylt=AloO9SRM_K97AhV0_gEFMF0Ys5B4)
</td><td class="location yui-dt0-col-location yui-dt-col-location yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-location ">Chesterfield, MO<cite>Parkway Central</cite>
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">253
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Notre Dame (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/notredame-104;_ylt=Aou5msiDweE.SHALy1XJp04Ys5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-odd" id="yui-rec13" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#14
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Armon Watts (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Armon-Watts-148412;_ylt=AlIRP2oqT9KYSHH4NGkEzyIYs5B4)
</td><td class="position yui-dt0-col-position yui-dt-col-position yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-position ">DT
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">274
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Arkansas (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/arkansas-74;_ylt=AggrVMyfwuq7nmn27_796_gYs5B4)
</td></tr><tr class="yui-dt-last yui-dt-even" id="yui-rec14" style=""><td class="rank yui-dt0-col-rank yui-dt-col-rank yui-dt-asc yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-first" headers="yui-dt0-th-rank ">#15
</td><td class="name yui-dt0-col-name yui-dt-col-name yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-name ">Zach Muniz (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/player-Zach-Muniz-150052;_ylt=AjYBnmVL.pXqi62RqV3_9w0Ys5B4)
</td><td class="height yui-dt0-col-height yui-dt-col-height yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-height ">5'11"
</td><td class="weight yui-dt0-col-weight yui-dt-col-weight yui-dt-sortable" headers="yui-dt0-th-weight ">160
</td><td class="school yui-dt0-col-school yui-dt-col-school yui-dt-sortable yui-dt-last" headers="yui-dt0-th-school ">Duke (http://rivals.yahoo.com/missouri/football/recruiting/commitments/2014/duke-2;_ylt=AgYmZeTV2VvPhPXN_L2WvpIYs5B4)
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Only guys I care about on this list that they didn't get:

Brian Wallace
Roderick Johnson
Monte Harrison
Kaleb Prewett

Obviously, they lost a battle regarding Wallace, and it's a major blow. Worst recruiting loss they've had to Arkansas.

Johnson, not sure they ever had a shot, but that's still a big-time OL in your state you need to land.

Harrison, it sounds like the fact Tim Jamieson is a miserable dickweed is the biggest obstacle here. The thing he likes most about Nebraska? It's baseball program.

Prewett, apparently they want him badly but were unable to gain any real traction with him, late.

Missing on all four of those guys hurts. The rest of the top 15? Meh.

Akinmoludan never got an offer, not sure what the hold up would have been there. Maybe they don't think he fits the offense?

Peavey is the son of two die-hard Arkansas graduates and was never going anywhere else.

Markel Smith would be a Tiger IF: He hadn't looked around. He wanted back in late, but they didn't have a spot for him. I'm pretty confident Walters will be a better college player than Smith.

I am intrigued by the size Watts brings to the table and wonder why there wasn't more interest there (especially since he is bro's with Wallace and played a part in that decision). Depth chart issues? (Mizzou took a ton of DTs in the last class).

They're closing this recruiting class in a boring, non-exiciting, disappointing fashion. Which I guess really should not surprise me. That is this staff's MO.

I think Frank Iheanacho is the guy that got away that hurts the most down the road, other than Wallace. I think FI turns into a big-time weapon at TE.

I don't any of the rest of the misses

duncan_idaho
01-10-2014, 09:59 AM
I think Booth would have had an offer if they'd had more room, or if Nate Brown had flipped.

I guess the issue there must be the limit of 85 scholarship players, because - as an early enrollee - there would have been room for Booth. They can count as many as 8 guys towards the previous year's recruiting class.

Saul Good
01-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Losing Prewitt sucks. Wallace went to Arkansas because Bielema sold him on getting to the NFL, and we really don't have a good response to that when it comes to offensive linemen.

Britt will get drafted this year, and Boehm will get drafted in a year or two. That will help. We are going to put a ton of players in the league this year, and that's going to give us a lot of credibility down the road.

Mosbonian
01-10-2014, 10:56 AM
Gabe wrote a column speaking to the 1% that aren't thrilled w/ 12-2?

Seems superfluous.

There is only one teacher for that kind of crazy & that's life. Over time life teaches people that don't have perspective & the ones that don't learn certainly aren't going to after reading that.

I would disagree that it's only 1%....

I thought it was a nice article and one that needed to be written. Hell, on here we have some of the people who are busy saying..."well if"

Would I rather have been in a BCS bowl or THE BCS game....damn straight, who wouldn't. But after all the years of frustration of falling down I enjoyed this year.

Mosbonian
01-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Only guys I care about on this list that they didn't get:

Brian Wallace
Roderick Johnson
Monte Harrison
Kaleb Prewett

Obviously, they lost a battle regarding Wallace, and it's a major blow. Worst recruiting loss they've had to Arkansas.

Johnson, not sure they ever had a shot, but that's still a big-time OL in your state you need to land.

Harrison, it sounds like the fact Tim Jamieson is a miserable dickweed is the biggest obstacle here. The thing he likes most about Nebraska? It's baseball program.

Prewett, apparently they want him badly but were unable to gain any real traction with him, late.

Missing on all four of those guys hurts. The rest of the top 15? Meh.

Akinmoludan never got an offer, not sure what the hold up would have been there. Maybe they don't think he fits the offense?

Peavey is the son of two die-hard Arkansas graduates and was never going anywhere else.

Markel Smith would be a Tiger IF: He hadn't looked around. He wanted back in late, but they didn't have a spot for him. I'm pretty confident Walters will be a better college player than Smith.

I am intrigued by the size Watts brings to the table and wonder why there wasn't more interest there (especially since he is bro's with Wallace and played a part in that decision). Depth chart issues? (Mizzou took a ton of DTs in the last class).

They're closing this recruiting class in a boring, non-exiciting, disappointing fashion. Which I guess really should not surprise me. That is this staff's MO.

I think Frank Iheanacho is the guy that got away that hurts the most down the road, other than Wallace. I think FI turns into a big-time weapon at TE.

I don't any of the rest of the misses

I guess I am like you to some extent....if they don't want to come to MU sounds fine to me. I guess I am not as hung up on having the border "locked down" as some people are. I want guys who WANT to come here not what I remember one coach calling "scholarship hunters".

I am sure there is someone I am probably missing, but name me a player from another D1 School that hailed from Missouri that we missed getting here that would have made this season or next any better.

warpaint*
01-10-2014, 02:04 PM
I would disagree that it's only 1%....

I thought it was a nice article and one that needed to be written. Hell, on here we have some of the people who are busy saying..."well if"

Would I rather have been in a BCS bowl or THE BCS game....damn straight, who wouldn't. But after all the years of frustration of falling down I enjoyed this year.

The crazies on the interwebs imply a perception not based in reality. I don't know a single person that cares about Mizzou that isn't thrilled with this season & the job the staff did. Furthermore, most of them would be characterized as anything but Pinkel apologists.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2014, 02:37 PM
I guess I am like you to some extent....if they don't want to come to MU sounds fine to me. I guess I am not as hung up on having the border "locked down" as some people are. I want guys who WANT to come here not what I remember one coach calling "scholarship hunters".

I am sure there is someone I am probably missing, but name me a player from another D1 School that hailed from Missouri that we missed getting here that would have made this season or next any better.

Durron Neal
Ezekiel Elliot
Ondre Pipkins
Andrew Ness

OmahaChief
01-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Durron Neal
Ezekiel Elliot
Ondre Pipkins
Andrew Ness

Pipkens was not orginally from Missouri. He is originally from Saginaw then lived in Atlanta, then back to Michigan and on to Missouri for three years. I don't remember Mizzou being after Ness that much and he was from STL anyway and they don't really seem to support Mizzou...Elliot...well eff him.

duncan_idaho
01-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Durron Neal
Ezekiel Elliot
Ondre Pipkins
Andrew Ness

Pipkins and Elliott are the key ones out of that group.

Durron Neal would not have played this year for Mizzou, and he likely wouldn't start next season. Homeboy made a bad decision. Unless he had switched to CB/S, he's not an impact guy at Mizzou, either.

Ness, I realize is an All-Conference MAC guy, but I don't think a 270-lB center holds up in SEC play. I actually had not heard of him until your post.

I don't think Elliott would have played this year, but I think he'd be a definite part of the 3-back rotation next year and likely fill the Josey role quite adequately.

I know Pipkins grew up a Michigan fan and is from there, but damn, it seems like the kid made a bad choice. Between Michigan falling off a cliff this year and Missouri's DL getting so much press (with ANOTHER first-round pick about to come out)... gotta wonder if there's some regret there.

Pitt Gorilla
01-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Wallace and Prewett would have been outstanding, but Wallace is the only "big" miss IMO.

PackerinMo
01-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Everything is ok, nothing to worry about.

Pitt Gorilla
01-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Georgia is after Tavon Ross (2**).

duncan_idaho
01-10-2014, 04:44 PM
Everything is ok, nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't say that. Wallace, Bauer and Paul Adams would be a KICK ASS line grouping that could really help in the 15 and 16 seasons.

Wallace is a big miss.

Prewett is somebody the staff really wanted, but couldn't flip from an early commit.

I don't think the lack of Booth kills them because of the other guys in this class, but Iheanacho is going to be a star, IMO.

ChiTown
01-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Losing Prewitt sucks. Wallace went to Arkansas because Bielema sold him on getting to the NFL, and we really don't have a good response to that when it comes to offensive linemen.

Britt will get drafted this year, and Boehm will get drafted in a year or two. That will help. We are going to put a ton of players in the league this year, and that's going to give us a lot of credibility down the road.

You didn't lose Prewett - you never had him. He and his Dad are big K-State fans.

Saul Good
01-10-2014, 05:16 PM
You didn't lose Prewett - you never had him. He and his Dad are big K-State fans.

Right...just working from the POV that in state recruits are ours to be lost. Obviously that isn't true, but the semantics aren't important enough to this discussion to bother with.

ChiTown
01-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Right...just working from the POV that in state recruits are ours to be lost. Obviously that isn't true, but the semantics aren't important enough to this discussion to bother with.

Kansas City Area kids are always a toss up.

PackerinMo
01-10-2014, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't say that. Wallace, Bauer and Paul Adams would be a KICK ASS line grouping that could really help in the 15 and 16 seasons.

Wallace is a big miss.

Prewett is somebody the staff really wanted, but couldn't flip from an early commit.

I don't think the lack of Booth kills them because of the other guys in this class, but Iheanacho is going to be a star, IMO.

I'm worried about the WR's, after next year we are thin.

Pitt Gorilla
01-10-2014, 05:52 PM
I'm worried about the WR's, after next year we are thin.
Unless I'm mistaken, we have like 5 in this class. It's part of th reason boothe didn't have an offer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Pipkens was not orginally from Missouri. He is originally from Saginaw then lived in Atlanta, then back to Michigan and on to Missouri for three years. I don't remember Mizzou being after Ness that much and he was from STL anyway and they don't really seem to support Mizzou...Elliot...well eff him.

We need to recruit St. Louis better. It's not an excuse to say "Oh, St. Louis."

Think of some of the kids from St. Louis this program has lost out on over the last several recruiting cycles:

Adrian Clayborn
Marvin McNutt
Monte Ball
Laurence Maroney

And now they've lost out on Wallace and Johnson, who are two of the best tackles the state has produced in the last decade.

And don't even get me started on the recruiting of St. Louis area basketball talent.

It's the only BCS school in the state. Missouri should be in the position of selecting the best in-state talent, not missing out on more than half of it.

Mosbonian
01-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Pipkins and Elliott are the key ones out of that group.

Durron Neal would not have played this year for Mizzou, and he likely wouldn't start next season. Homeboy made a bad decision. Unless he had switched to CB/S, he's not an impact guy at Mizzou, either.

Ness, I realize is an All-Conference MAC guy, but I don't think a 270-lB center holds up in SEC play. I actually had not heard of him until your post.

I don't think Elliott would have played this year, but I think he'd be a definite part of the 3-back rotation next year and likely fill the Josey role quite adequately.

I know Pipkins grew up a Michigan fan and is from there, but damn, it seems like the kid made a bad choice. Between Michigan falling off a cliff this year and Missouri's DL getting so much press (with ANOTHER first-round pick about to come out)... gotta wonder if there's some regret there.

So, to some extent my point is correct. There isn't anyone we lost out on that would have made a difference either this year or last. And to some extent it won't bother us even next year.

I guess it would be nice to have the in-state kids, but if we want to be an elite program focusing on the in-state kids shouldn't be our goal. We should be robbing the hotbeds like Florida, Georgia, and Texas.

And I go back to the fact that we have done pretty well with the guys that Pinkel and Co manage to coach up.

Mosbonian
01-10-2014, 07:35 PM

Think of some of the kids from St. Louis this program has lost out on over the last several recruiting cycles:

Adrian Clayborn
Marvin McNutt
Monte Ball
Laurence Maroney

And now they've lost out on Wallace and Johnson, who are two of the best tackles the state has produced in the last decade.

And don't even get me started on the recruiting of St. Louis area basketball talent.

It's the only BCS school in the state. Missouri should be in the position of selecting the best in-state talent, not missing out on more than half of it.

I don't think locking down the state will get us a National Championship....and I am trying to remember a Mizzou player who has been the anchor of a National Championship team.

I say we worry about getting the best from ANY state not just Missouri when it comes to football.

bowener
01-10-2014, 09:00 PM

Adrian Clayborn
Marvin McNutt
Monte Ball
Laurence Maroney

I know I will sound dumb saying this, but I think part of it is generational. When these kids were growing up, Mizzou wasn't all that good. Yes the last 6 years have been very good for us, but before that not so much. I think recruiting the instate talent is only going to get easier as time goes by.

edit: For example, the Chiefs were pretty damn good when I started paying attention to football (late 90s), but my friends younger brothers who have grown up with the Chiefs the last 6 years or so (these kids are 14-15), could give almost zero shits about them. If you ask them it is because they see them as perennial losers.

Saul Good
01-10-2014, 09:07 PM
I know I will sound dumb saying this, but I think part of it is generational. When these kids were growing up, Mizzou wasn't all that good. Yes the last 6 years have been very good for us, but before that not so much. I think recruiting the instate talent is only going to get easier as time goes by.

edit: For example, the Chiefs were pretty damn good when I started paying attention to football (late 90s), but my friends younger brothers who have grown up with the Chiefs the last 6 years or so (these kids are 14-15), could give almost zero shits about them. If you ask them it is because they see them as perennial losers.

Absolutely

Kids want to sound cool to their friends. Offers from big names far away are cool to their friends. The hometown team isn't exotic and cool. It's only cool if playing there makes you a legend in your own town, and that's not the case with Mizzou the way it is with Auburn.

Pitt Gorilla
01-10-2014, 11:28 PM
Georgia is after Tavon Ross (2**).Georgia has officially offered Tavon Ross. I know he's only a two star, so some folks here don't want him anyway, but he'll be a STUD at safety.

Mizzou_8541
01-11-2014, 07:01 AM
DGB supposedly has been rrested on felony drug charges in Springfield. IDk how to link tweets.

Mizzou_8541
01-11-2014, 07:08 AM
Here is a link to the story. Not sure how credible. Maybe it's not as bad as it initially sounded:

http://www.rockmnation.com/2014/1/11/5297892/dorial-green-beckham-arrested

Saul Good
01-11-2014, 07:51 AM
Sounds like nothing, fortunately. Damn...I was sweating there for a minute.

Sure-Oz
01-11-2014, 08:47 AM
This is the 2nd arrest ...need to make sure he doesn't have a problem

Eleazar
01-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Jeez. Even if he wasn't involved in anything, he needs to pull his head out and quit hanging out with that crowd

Mr_Tomahawk
01-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Yikes.

TribalElder
01-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Legalize pot already

I don't smoke but seriously, it is safer than alcohol. Missouri is behind the times

Great Expectations
01-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Neal would've played for MU some this year and a lot next year. He was stuck behind a couple of NFL guys at ON.

What about Millard? Isn't he from Columbia?

Great Expectations
01-11-2014, 09:37 AM
The DGB stuff says felony, but less than 5 grams of pot. Last time it was a misdemeanor for less than 35 grams. Is the intent to sell part the difference?

Eleazar
01-11-2014, 09:45 AM
The DGB stuff says felony, but less than 5 grams of pot. Last time it was a misdemeanor for less than 35 grams. Is the intent to sell part the difference?

If he was released, it may be that he wasn't involved in what they thought or that he isn't going to be charged. There's really no way of knowing.

greatgooglymoogly
01-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Did DGB think he would be more anonymous in Greene County? It makes no sense, and he now puts his future at MU in jeopardy. Just stupid. :shake:

Eleazar
01-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Dave Matter
@Dave_Matter
Sounds like Green-Beckham might have been riding with wrong crowd. Could avoid criminal charges. Stay tuned. Unsure if answer comes today.

Great Expectations
01-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Dave Matter
@Dave_Matter
Sounds like Green-Beckham might have been riding with wrong crowd. Could avoid criminal charges. Stay tuned. Unsure if answer comes today.

Good friends to take all the blame.

gblowfish
01-11-2014, 11:35 AM
He needs an adult mentor....
Like, oh, maybe Dwayne Bowe....

Reaper16
01-11-2014, 12:05 PM
We don't even know if it was pot this time. Dave Matter amended his story to remove the reference to 5 grams or less of pot. This is a frustrating development.

swayy07
01-11-2014, 12:25 PM
They can throw an intent to distribute charge on there just by having a plastic baggy or the cellophane from cigarette packs in the general vicinity as the weed

Saul Good
01-11-2014, 12:38 PM
My best guess from stitching everything together is that someone had some paraphernalia...possibly a scale or something...with residue on it. Doesn't sound like DGB had anything to do with it based on the statement from the PD.

duncan_idaho
01-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Neal would've played for MU some this year and a lot next year. He was stuck behind a couple of NFL guys at ON.

What about Millard? Isn't he from Columbia?

Neal thought he was going to Oklahoma to start as its inside slot guy and replace Ryan Broyles right away. He was recruited over by Stoops in his own class, and then again last year.

Looking at the depth chart, it looks like he'll get a shot to make a significant contribution in Year 3. We'll see what he does.

He would have been stuck behind NFL guys at Mizzou this year, too, also seeing minimal playing time. And I'm not convinced he'd start over Jimmie Hunt in the slot next year, either, had he gone to Mizzou.

duncan_idaho
01-11-2014, 12:42 PM
DGB... needs to be more careful about who he rides around in cars with, from the way it sounds.

bowener
01-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Jeez. Even if he wasn't involved in anything, he needs to pull his head out and quit hanging out with that crowd

Maybe he is THAT crowd... But yeah, he needs to take a long look at himself. From a purely selfish standpoint this is the matter of money, lots of money.

hometeam
01-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Maybe we can pull a Houston and draft him in the 3rd round~

We already have the puffpuffpassrush

Him and Bowe can be puffpuffpasscatch

PackerinMo
01-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Just why?

duncan_idaho
01-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Maybe we can pull a Houston and draft him in the 3rd round~

We already have the puffpuffpassrush

Him and Bowe can be puffpuffpasscatch

If he was draft eligible, that would be a great plan.

Of course, if he was draft eligible, he would have already declared for the draft. And this would be an NFL issue, not a Mizzou issue.

hometeam
01-11-2014, 12:58 PM
If he was draft eligible, that would be a great plan.

Of course, if he was draft eligible, he would have already declared for the draft. And this would be an NFL issue, not a Mizzou issue.

I was thinking ahead~

PackerinMo
01-11-2014, 01:01 PM
This is the price you pay for recruiting top talent.

Reaper16
01-11-2014, 01:04 PM
"This is the price you pay for recruiting top talent," said Gary Pinkel to his message board recruiting critics, right before filling a horse trough with Cotes du Rhone.

fixed your post

Pitt Gorilla
01-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Most likely not to be charged.