PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I hate being right on this

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 07:14 PM
When we traded for Alex Smith, I said 10 and 6, first round playoff loss. He had his chance, and we kicked a meaningless field goal. Sometimes, experience sucks.

chiefzilla1501
01-04-2014, 07:16 PM
When we traded for Alex Smith, I said 10 and 6, first round playoff loss. He had his chance, and we kicked a meaningless field goal. Sometimes, experience sucks.

You can't seriously pin this loss on him. Seriously.

Toadkiller
01-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Are you fucking insane. Alex had nothing to do with this loss. He fucking carried the team.

BlackHelicopters
01-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Just why?

cosmo20002
01-04-2014, 07:19 PM
I hate being right on this When we traded for Alex Smith, I said 10 and 6, first round playoff loss. He had his chance, and we kicked a meaningless field goal. Sometimes, experience sucks.

Well, rest easy. Because its just fucking stupid to put this loss on Alex.

Eleazar
Good lord

DomerNKC
this was not on Alex. It took a whole defense to lose this game. A whole horrible f'ing defense. If we only had anybody that could cover ANYBODY...

HemiEd
Are you ****ing insane. Alex had nothing to do with this loss. He ****ing carried the team.

Absolutely, he got the team to the first round loss, he is awesome. So glad we didn't draft a QB! Alex Smith rocks, he got us a fg when we needed a TD!

lewdog
The only reason we jumped out to that huge lead and even had a chance was ALL because of Alex.

This defense is fucking horrible garbage.

TripleThreat

shut up bitch.

Rausch
01-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Well, rest easy. Because its just ****ing stupid to put this loss on Alex.

This.

Unless you predicted 5 players going down with injuries your and idiot...

Planetman
01-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Ed, God bless your pea pickin' little heart, I love ya and all but Alex didn't have 45 points hung on him. You need to look at the OTHER side of the ball.

lewdog
01-04-2014, 07:21 PM
This.

Unless you predicted 5 players going down with injuries your and idiot...

Injuries or not, 2nd stringers should be able to carry a 28 point lead for a half of football.

mnchiefsguy
Have to disagree here. Alex played good enough to win. When you score 44 points on offense and lose, it is not on you. The defense lost this one. It should not have been close.

greatgooglymoogly
30/46, 378 yds, 4 TD, 0 INT

Yeah, he fumbled, but that's a lot better than I thought it would be when Charles went down.

Ceej
Smith should play on both sides of the ball like in high school.

He couldn't be any worse than Kendrick Lewis.

cosmo20002
01-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Absolutely, he got the team to the first round loss, he is awesome. So glad we didn't draft a QB! Alex Smith rocks, he got us a fg when we needed a TD!

Colts scored 45 points. We needed a lot of TDs. And he threw for 4 and 378 yards and added 57 yards rushing. 0 INTs. You're an ass.

Discuss Thrower
01-04-2014, 07:23 PM
The Chiefs don't deserve the fan loyalty they've enjoyed for the last 40 years.

htismaqe
01-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Dude, I hated the Smith trade more than anybody here.

This loss isn't on him in any way, shape, or form.

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 07:25 PM
My point was, when it was time to win the game, he got us a field goal. Anyone disagree with that? When it was time for Luck to win the game, he did what he had to do. If you don't see the difference, you just don't get it.

Planetman
01-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Alex Smith rocks, he got us a fg when we needed a TD!
The Defense rocks too. They Gave up 5 touchdowns. If only they could have held them to a field goal or less JUST ONCE!

tooge
01-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Yeah, you weren't right about anything. Alex Smith just lit it up for kc, and playcalling and defense, but mainly injuries, puked away a win.

HemiEd
Colts scored 45 points. We needed a lot of TDs. And he threw for 4 and 378 yards and added 57 yards rushing. 0 INTs. You're an ass.

You can go fuck yourself dipshit. You have no idea what you just watched.

kcpasco
Fuck the defense and fuck you

Planetman
01-04-2014, 07:27 PM
My point was, when it was time to win the game, he got us a field goal. Anyone disagree with that? When it was time for Luck to win the game, he did what he had to do. If you don't see the difference, you just don't get it.
I could sit here and tell you about injuries or that he wouldnt have been placed in that position if the defense would have been doing their job but it will be a waste of time so we'll just agree to disagree. :)

KC_Connection
01-04-2014, 07:27 PM
I'm no big fan of Smith as this team's starting QB, but putting this loss on him takes an unreal level of stupidity. He played great overall.

Eleazar
01-04-2014, 07:28 PM

That post makes me think this team is not so much cursed, but a fan base getting what we deserve

motto1997
01-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Feel for you chiefs fans.........from a 49er faithful

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Dude, I hated the Smith trade more than anybody here.

This loss isn't on him in any way, shape, or form.

He knew what he had to do, and who he had to do it with. He didn't get it done. But he did get the team to the playoffs and a first round exit, rock on!

laughsatyou907
01-04-2014, 07:30 PM

:LOL: You are a moron, your predictions were just graps into the wind, you do not possess any keen insight. You are a heretic.

Molitoth
01-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Alex played well enough for any good coached team to win. This loss is not on him.

tk13
01-04-2014, 07:31 PM
I know this league has turned into Madden football... but if you score 44 points in the playoffs and lose, without your best offensive player... it's hard to put any blame on the offense. Alex, Bowe... or otherwise.

That's really the end of the discussion. It is just absurd to argue otherwise.

laughsatyou907
01-04-2014, 07:33 PM
If you want an accurate pulse on how the nation views Alex Smith check out the nfl forum on reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1ueucd/game_thread_kansas_city_chiefs_115_at/?sort=old

Iowanian
01-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Smith played his ass off today, definitely well enough to win....even at the end.

This loss isn't on him.

The Chiefs shouldn't let Dunta Robinson or Kendrick Lewis on the plane home.

KevB
01-04-2014, 07:36 PM
I know this league has turned into Madden football... but if you score 44 points in the playoffs and lose, without your best offensive player... it's hard to put any blame on the offense. Alex, Bowe... or otherwise.

Period, end of discussion

Reerun_KC
01-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Ed is drunk.

Kerberos
01-04-2014, 07:38 PM
I agreed with Ed until I realized that our defense gave up every friggn play in the second half. They made Luck look like Manning was still playing for the Colts. Had our D forced one or TWO 3 and outs we win this game. PERIOD.

eDave
01-04-2014, 07:38 PM
He knew what he had to do, and who he had to do it with. He didn't get it done. But he did get the team to the playoffs and a first round exit, rock on!

Dude, you got the most anti-AS guys on here calling you stupid. Just shut up man.

Namor40
01-04-2014, 07:42 PM

Oh, are we going to be absolutely stupid? Is that the trend you want to start?

BRB, QB passes for almost 400 yards and 4 TD's, no INT's, with his only major offensive weapon out and AJ f'ing Jenkins as his #2 WR and it is HIS FAULT? He made a perfect pass at the end and Bowe couldn't manage to keep his ass in bounds and that is on Alex? I've criticized the guy a lot but he balled out tonight, he went well beyond what anyone expected of him, point the finger at the defense for allowing the Colts to average 12 yards a play in the 2nd half. The defense just basically bent over and let Luck have his way with them. If your team scores 41 points and you still can't win, your defense is shit.

Go sit somewhere and lick the paint off the wall, you seem to be a specially challenged sort of individual.

cosmo20002
01-04-2014, 07:46 PM
You can go **** yourself dipshit. You have no idea what you just watched.

Right now I'm watching a fucking moron get blasted on his own thread.

Bearcat
01-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Kind of torn on this... I've been a big skeptic all season, but I think his play was mostly encouraging in the losses against playoff teams. Shit happens. It's not like Andrew Luck was perfect, either. He was pretty unbelievable in the 2nd half, but had to be after putting himself in a huge hole with the turnovers.

OTOH, even with Luck's play and the defense, the offense certainly didn't help in the 2nd half... a couple of ~7 minute drives in the first half followed by one decent drive in the second that ended in a FG.... some conservative play calling, some dink-and-dunking. He certainly didn't take control of the game like the first half.

So yeah, the blame isn't primarily on him and overall I'd say I'm encouraged by his play, but I'm not quite yet buying an Alex Smith jersey tomorrow and hoping they go all in on him being the future.

PHOG
01-04-2014, 07:55 PM

This

crossbow
01-04-2014, 07:56 PM

That was because our corners are dog shit and theirs can cover. They also blitzed when we didn't, even though we knew they were gonna throw and who they were gonna throw it to.

Smith was a master QB today. Flawless. Dude would have scored 50 points if he was going against the Chiefs defense today.

BigMeatballDave
01-04-2014, 08:01 PM
LMAO Blaming Alex? Really?

MahiMike
01-04-2014, 08:09 PM
44 points is the new 17.

KC_Connection
01-04-2014, 08:12 PM
So yeah, the blame isn't primarily on him and overall I'd say I'm encouraged by his play, but I'm not quite yet buying an Alex Smith jersey tomorrow and hoping they go all in on him being the future.
If there was any way to blame Alex Smith for this debacle, I'd try to find it. But there isn't. Not today.

He was, quite simply, superb in their biggest game all season.

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 08:29 PM
The trade for Alex Smith was setting the bar where it has been set for 30 years, and he clearly achieved and exceeded the bar.
But he was not up to what it took to beat a top notch QB in this league when he had to. He knew what he had to do, and didn't get it done, the fg was meaningless and we all knew it when it happened.

Rausch
01-04-2014, 08:35 PM
The trade for Alex Smith was setting the bar where it has been set for 30 years, and he clearly achieved and exceeded the bar.
But he was not up to what it took to beat a top notch QB in this league when he had to. He knew what he had to do, and didn't get it done, the fg was meaningless and we all knew it when it happened.

Bullshit.

The defense shit its pants and cost us the game. Alex should have NEVER even been in that position...

Imon Yourside
01-04-2014, 08:39 PM

He didn't call the play to Mccluster or tell him to run out of bounds 4 yards short of the first down marker rather than try to pick it up.

Discuss Thrower
Bullshit.

The defense shit its pants and cost us the game. Alex should have NEVER even been in that position...

Smith wasn't the reason they lose but... 35-13.

Hammock Parties
Has any other Chiefs QB led a team to 44 fucking points in a playoff game?

Christ on a cracker.

Imon Yourside
01-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Has any other Chiefs QB led a team to 44 ****ing points in a playoff game?

Christ on a cracker.

Some people should take note that YOU of all people are the voice of reason on Alex Smith...

Discuss Thrower
01-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Has any other Chiefs QB led a team to 44 fucking points in a playoff game?

Christ on a cracker.

Luck and Richardson spotted the Chiefs 24 points though. You can make the argument Smith really only contributed to 20 of those points...

Imon Yourside
01-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Luck and Richardson spotted the Chiefs 24 points though. You can make the argument Smith really only contributed to 20 of those points...

Alex also didn't have the luxury of passing against our secondary....so you could make a case that the defense cost us the game.

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Bullshit.

One franchise QB rose up and did what it took to win this game in spite of what else happened and it wasn't Alex Smith. The Colts defense was down most of the game, but Luck made it happen, simple as that. It is what it is and Alex was at the controls when he had the opportunity to seal the win.

eDave
01-04-2014, 08:51 PM
One franchise QB rose up and did what it took to win this game in spite of what else happened and it wasn't Alex Smith. The Colts defense was down most of the game, but Luck made it happen, simple as that. It is what it is and Alex was at the controls when he had the opportunity to seal the win.

Would you be hating on Luck if we had won by 1 point?

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Would you be hating on Luck if we had won by 1 point?

Yes. It is a results business, simple as that. Just getting there hasn't been good enough for me for quite some time.

But yeah, we should be happy, we made the playoffs and were competitive. The networks get their Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck matchup next week most likely.

laughsatyou907
01-04-2014, 08:57 PM

Lots of dumb people that don't understand the game of football, watch football with much enthusiasm. The troglodytes need a scapegoat, and Alex is easy pickings.

themanwithnoname
01-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Absolutely this is not all on Smith. But fact is he fucked up several times when they really needed him to step up. There was an overthrow on a wide open player that would've been a TD. Then calling that 2nd timeout. Then the total fuckup intentional grounding. The final throw to Bowe also was the usual Smith throw where he pushes the receiver too far to the sideline so that he has to make a miraculous catch to keep it in bounds.

The defense should take the blame though. Absolutely pathetic.

But this is what happens when your defense fucks up and you rely on Alex Smith to finish the game for you.

Lex Luthor
01-04-2014, 09:06 PM

With every post in this thread you look more stupid than before. You should probably stop posting. EVERYONE is mocking you and ridiculing you in your own thread. That should tell you something.

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Absolutely this is not all on Smith. But fact is he ****ed up several times when they really needed him to step up. There was an overthrow on a wide open player that would've been a TD. Then calling that 2nd timeout. Then the total ****up intentional grounding. The final throw to Bowe also was the usual Smith throw where he pushes the receiver too far to the sideline so that he has to make a miraculous catch to keep it in bounds.

The defense should take the blame though. Absolutely pathetic.

But this is what happens when your defense ****s up and you rely on Alex Smith to finish the game for you.

Good post, pretty much spot on. Alex was just not good enough, but he was better than average. We made the playoffs!

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 09:08 PM
With every post in this thread you look more stupid than before. You should probably stop posting. EVERYONE is mocking you and ridiculing you in your own thread. That should tell you something.

You are new at this aren't you n00b? Now shut the fuck up and sit down.

Discuss Thrower
01-04-2014, 09:12 PM
We made the playoffs!

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/truestfans.gif

BigMeatballDave
01-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Good post, pretty much spot on. Alex was just not good enough, but he was better than average. We made the playoffs!

If the D holds up and this game is a rout, this thread does not exist.

99.9% of the time, the way Alex played wins the game.

Bearcat
01-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Lots of dumb people that don't understand the game of football, watch football with much enthusiasm. The troglodytes need a scapegoat, and Alex is easy pickings.

It's actually the opposite. It's really easy to say Smith deserves none of the blame because he was awesome, because his stats were obviously pretty awesome... but, in today's arena league football, when you have Andrew Luck in beast mode, you have to keep scoring.

It's kind of like pointing out Priest Holmes' fumble in the 2003 playoff game... of course the defense was the problem, but the reality is he still fumbled. Well, the defense obviously lost the game today, but it's not like Smith and the offense really helped their cause in the 2nd half, either.

Like I said before though, I'm mostly encouraged by his play... of course JC's injury was huge, and he needs another weapon or two on top of that. It's just the nature of the beast... it's all about offense these days.

BigMeatballDave
01-04-2014, 09:20 PM
It's actually the opposite. It's really easy to say Smith deserves none of the blame because he was awesome, because his stats were obviously pretty awesome... but, in today's arena league football, when you have Andrew Luck in beast mode, you have to keep scoring.

It's kind of like pointing out Priest Holmes' fumble in the 2003 playoff game... of course the defense was the problem, but the reality is he still fumbled. Well, the defense obviously lost the game today, but it's not like Smith and the offense really helped their cause in the 2nd half, either.

Like I said before though, I'm mostly encouraged by his play... of course JC's injury was huge, and he needs another weapon or two on top of that. It's just the nature of the beast... it's all about offense these days.

Good post.

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 09:21 PM

That was really my entire point. When it came down to crunch time, Luck got it done, and Alex didn't. Simple as that.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Alex Wasn't the problem today, dumbass.

GordonGekko
01-04-2014, 09:24 PM
That was really my entire point. When it came down to crunch time, Luck got it done, and Alex didn't. Simple as that.

I don't think anyone is going to argue with you that Alex is a better QB than Luck, he isn't, but an offense shouldn't have to score 46 points to win a ballgame. The damn defense let everyone down today.

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Alex Wasn't the problem today, dumbass.

Thank you, may I have another? Maybe you ought to read the thread geniuous. Kiss my ass if you think Alex did what he had to do when the time was there to win the game.

Discuss Thrower
01-04-2014, 09:25 PM
I don't think anyone is going to argue with you that Alex is a better QB than Luck, he isn't, but an offense shouldn't have to score 46 points to win a ballgame. The damn defense let everyone down today.

35+ points is going to be routine in the NFL.

Easy 6
01-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Ed, we've always been good folks to each other, that's why I choose to ignore this thread.

Would Geno have played better?

Yeah, c'mon...

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 09:28 PM

But the Colts gave up all of those points, and were down by 28. Luck did not let that become a reason for losing the game. We have a decent Qb in Alex Smith, but not good enough.

chief52
01-04-2014, 09:29 PM

Agreed. Going in to the game everyone knew Luck was a better QB. That went without saying. But Smith and Luck were not on the field at the same time. Alex did more than enough to win this game.

GordonGekko
01-04-2014, 09:31 PM
But the Colts gave up all of those points, and were down by 28. Luck did not let that become a reason for losing the game. We have a decent Qb in Alex Smith, but not good enough.

So you put as much blame on AS as you do on the defense/Sutton?

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Ed, we've always been good folks to each other, that's why I choose to ignore this thread.

Yeah, c'mon...

That is not really my point Scott, in fact with Geno I doubt we would have been playing this game. But this team went all in with Alex Smith, and I am concerned that we saw his ceiling this season. I don't think we saw Geno's ceiling this season, not even close.

Discuss Thrower
01-04-2014, 09:32 PM

Yeah, c'mon...

I'm sure glad we had a stable RT on the field instead of Sheldon Richardson.

Oh wait.

chiefzilla1501
01-04-2014, 09:33 PM

The game you are expecting alex smith to play is joe Montana and Tom brady level. That is an insanely ridiculous standard. Given the circumstances, most qbs, even clutch playoff guys like Eli, flacco, manning. Probably many elite qbs... Lose this game.

There isn't much you can expect your qb to do with only Dwayne bowe, a garbage third string running back, and very average players otherwise in a game where your defense is blowing drives in just a few plays.

Bearcat
01-04-2014, 09:39 PM

And it sucks that it comes down to that when you score 44 fucking points. It really should be enough 99.9% of the time. Up 4 touchdowns, you should be able to play not to lose for a quarter or even an entire half and at least squeak out a win, even with Andrew Luck on the opposite side line.

When they were 9-0 and people were talking about winning these types of games, some people said they won't have to with that kind of defense... well, it sucks, but that's just not true. You have to keep scoring. It only been 4 years since the last time the losing team scored 44+ in a playoff game, and winning teams score that much once or twice every postseason. It's not your father's NFL.

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 09:39 PM
The game you are expecting alex smith to play is joe Montana and Tom brady level. That is an insanely ridiculous standard. Given the circumstances, most qbs, even clutch playoff guys like Eli, flacco, manning. Probably many elite qbs... Lose this game.

There isn't much you can expect your qb to do with only Dwayne bowe, a garbage third string running back, and very average players otherwise in a game where your defense is blowing drives in just a few plays.

So you agree then, Alex Smith is good enough to get us to 10-6 and a first round playoff loss. He overachieved at 11-5.
I said in the game thread at crunch time, we are going to find out who we have, and we got a field goal.
Sorry, I watched Marty's QBs do that too many times to be satisfied with it.

HonestChieffan
01-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Tonight stupid runs wide and deep.

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 09:43 PM
And it sucks that it comes down to that when you score 44 ****ing points. It really should be enough 99.9% of the time. Up 4 touchdowns, you should be able to play not to lose for a quarter or even an entire half and at least squeak out a win, even with Andrew Luck on the opposite side line.

When they were 9-0 and people were talking about winning these types of games, some people said they won't have to with that kind of defense... well, it sucks, but that's just not true. You have to keep scoring. It only been 4 years since the last time the losing team scored 44+ in a playoff game, and winning teams score that much once or twice every postseason. It's not your father's NFL.Good post.

Everyone that has been following this team for any length of time was chewing their fingernails when we were up by 28, waiting for the other shoe to drop.
We really need a Qb that can make up for all of those bad things that happened, and we are not going to do that by trading for one that is PRETTY Good.

Redcoats58
01-04-2014, 09:49 PM

So the 11 guys on defense don't have to do their job? They gave up 35 points after the half. I thought we were done for on offense when JC went down but AS put the team on his back and kept it a game. :shake:

HemiEd
01-04-2014, 10:03 PM
So the 11 guys on defense don't have to do their job? They gave up 35 points after the half. I thought we were done for on offense when JC went down but AS put the team on his back and kept it a game. :shake:

Where in this thread did I say the d had no fault? But they came up with 4 turnovers and gave AS a very short field several times. AS had a 28 point lead, mostly due to the turnovers forced by the defense.

Bottom line, he had one drive to put the game away, and couldn't get the job done. He did several times this season, but not tonight.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Never go full HemiEd.

Discuss Thrower
01-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Tonight stupid runs wide and deep.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Alex Smith is the first QB to throw 4 TDs and 0 ints and lose a playoff game.

Yet this is somehow his fault.

chiefzilla1501
01-04-2014, 10:10 PM
So you agree then, Alex Smith is good enough to get us to 10-6 and a first round playoff loss. He overachieved at 11-5.
I said in the game thread at crunch time, we are going to find out who we have, and we got a field goal.
Sorry, I watched Marty's QBs do that too many times to be satisfied with it.

No. I am saying almost every qb in the league loses this game. He was good enough to win this game. The amount of help he got in this game was monumentally bad. Dude, our defense gave up 35 POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF. We lost a pro bowl rb. A starting receiver. We played the final drives with a completely nobody at running back to boot. The protection at the end was terrible.

It is absolutely insane to call this a Marty qb effort. This was a Greg Robinson defensive effort.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2014, 10:11 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3rtyerfHZ1qir45xo1_500.gif

mnchiefsguy
01-04-2014, 10:11 PM
If the D holds up and this game is a rout, this thread does not exist.

99.9% of the time, the way Alex played wins the game.

Until today, the way he played won 100 percent of the time. Alex is the first qb in nfl history to throw for 4 or more TD's in a game, with no interceptions, and lose.

Sure-Oz
01-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Alex Smith was awesome today.

chief52
01-04-2014, 10:12 PM
No. I am saying almost every qb in the league loses this game. He was good enough to win this game. The amount of help he got in this game was monumentally bad. Dude, our defense gave up 35 POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF. We lost a pro bowl rb. A starting receiver. We played the final drives with a completely nobody at running back to boot. The protection at the end was terrible.

It is absolutely insane to call this a Marty qb effort. This was a Greg Robinson defensive effort.

:clap: Well said.

Redcoats58
01-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Where in this thread did I say the d had no fault? But they came up with 4 turnovers and gave AS a very short field several times. AS had a 28 point lead, mostly due to the turnovers forced by the defense.

Bottom line, he had one drive to put the game away, and couldn't get the job done. He did several times this season, but not tonight.

You didn't say it, I did. The defense gets the blame. I'm sorry I can't agree with you. The defense didn't have to be good just mediocre and we would all be celebrating Alex Smith and the win.

Lonewolf Ed
01-04-2014, 10:13 PM

He only threw FOUR TDs, curse and damn his eyes! Only four! If he really cared, he would have thrown at least six of them!

Saccopoo
01-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Smith played his ass off today, definitely well enough to win....even at the end.

This loss isn't on him.

The Chiefs shouldn't let Dunta Robinson or Kendrick Lewis on the plane home.

You can add Bob Sutton to that list.

Horrible defensive play calling.

eDave
01-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Yes. It is a results business, simple as that. Just getting there hasn't been good enough for me for quite some time.

By your logic there is only one QB good enough; the one who wins the SB?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2014, 10:16 PM
This is the worst thread of the year.

But don't worry Hemi...there are 361 days left in the year.

chiefzilla1501
01-04-2014, 10:19 PM
You can add Bob Sutton to that list.

Horrible defensive play calling.

I have defended him. The gameplan today was just inexcusable.

The third quarter, we basically played prevent. Not even a fake blitz.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-04-2014, 10:20 PM
Alex only threw as many TDs as Andrew.

damn him.

Saccopoo
01-04-2014, 10:21 PM

Are you fucking high?

Saccopoo
01-04-2014, 10:24 PM
This is the worst thread of the year.

But don't worry Hemi...there are 361 days left in the year.

It doesn't matter.

No one is going to top this level of stupid.

Seriously. This one sets a new benchmark of total fucking retard.

Color Red
01-04-2014, 10:49 PM

You're not right on this. But framing your mentality about Alex Smith means you will only be happy when we win the Super Bowl with him, and the rest of the time you complain and bellyache. That is a fan attitude I do not find pleasant.

As for me, I enjoyed the uniquely talented player that Smith is and how he faced a great deal of adversity in today's game and almost led our team to victory.

If you don't realize that we lost today because of defensive breakdowns then you really do want one single player who can win NFL games entirely by himself. Of course neither the NFL, nor other team sports work that way.

BigCatDaddy
01-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Dude started out like Tarzan and finished like Jane.

Bowser
01-04-2014, 11:00 PM
I knew this thread was going to show up. I had no idea that Ed was going to be the one to start it.

Easy 6
01-04-2014, 11:24 PM
That is not really my point Scott, in fact with Geno I doubt we would have been playing this game. But this team went all in with Alex Smith, and I am concerned that we saw his ceiling this season. I don't think we saw Geno's ceiling this season, not even close.

I'm sure glad we had a stable RT on the field instead of Sheldon Richardson.

Oh wait.

378 yards, 4 touchdowns and no picks... i'm at the bottom of my brain trying to figure out what more you could want.

The secondary folded and the rush was hit and miss, vice versa, either way... Axl led a team chock full of second stringers to new heights, it was masterful, if we cant agree on that, then God bless you anyway.

Easy 6
01-04-2014, 11:27 PM
Dude started out like Tarzan and finished like Jane.

You're a pussy, stay in the treehouse, Jane.

Big muskles? Don't care... you're a big, fat, roast beef pussy.

Hammock Parties
01-04-2014, 11:38 PM
We had 11 first downs and 186 yards of offense in the 2nd half.

Again, not accurate to say the offense laid down.

HemiEd
01-05-2014, 09:33 AM
I knew this thread was going to show up. I had no idea that Ed was going to be the one to start it.

I was pretty pissed like everyone else and had a belly full of Don Julio and shouldn't have posted, my apologies. We all have a right to be pissed and the d did suck ass, and so did the coaching from top to bottom.

Yes, Alex had a great day if you look at the numbers. He played his ass off,and gave it his all, which just wasn't good enough at crunch time.

I was very disappointed, as we all were when he had to come through and didn't at the end. I contend that an elite QB would have, as Luck did. Luck didn't have the luxury of his d giving him 4 turnovers.

Namor40
01-05-2014, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=HemiEd;10342067]The trade for Alex Smith was setting the bar where it has been set for 30 years, and he clearly achieved and exceeded the bar.
But he was not up to what it took to beat a top notch QB in this league when he had to. He knew what he had to do, and didn't get it done, the fg was meaningless and we all knew it when it happened.[/QUOTE

What makes you think that the Chiefs could have picked up an "elite" QB, either in the offseason or the draft that would have had a better game than Smith did yesterday. He an absolutely ridiculous, outstanding QB performance. When a QB plays like Alex did yesterday, you're supposed to win each and everytime.

Namor40
01-05-2014, 10:06 AM
I was pretty pissed like everyone else and had a belly full of Don Julio and shouldn't have posted, my apologies. We all have a right to be pissed and the d did suck ass, and so did the coaching from top to bottom.

Yes, Alex had a great day if you look at the numbers. He played his ass off,and gave it his all, which just wasn't good enough at crunch time.

I was very disappointed, as we all were when he had to come through and didn't at the end. I contend that an elite QB would have, as Luck did. Luck didn't have the luxury of his d giving him 4 turnovers.

Where the fuck are you getting this "elite QB" bullshit from? Smith's numbers were elite, if a QB gives you that sort of performance, you should win every single time and if you don't, then you need to look at your defense and figure out what the fuck went wrong.

BRB, defense gives up 45 points, doesn't stop the Colts but once in the entire 2nd half, but let's blame the QB because he wasn't elite and almost threw for 400 yards instead of almost throwing for 600 yards.

Discuss Thrower
01-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Where the **** are you getting this "elite QB" bullshit from? Smith's numbers were elite, if a QB gives you that sort of performance, you should win every single time and if you don't, then you need to look at your defense and figure out what the **** went wrong.

BRB, defense gives up 45 points, doesn't stop the Colts but once in the entire 2nd half, but let's blame the QB because he wasn't elite and almost threw for 400 yards instead of almost throwing for 600 yards.

mlyonsd
01-05-2014, 10:11 AM

Well if it comes down to Manning/Brady in the championship one of them isn't going to be good enough to get it done either.

TheGuardian
01-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Ed, God bless your pea pickin' little heart, I love ya and all but Alex didn't have 45 points hung on him. You need to look at the OTHER side of the ball.

WHO IS THAT GIRL?????

Second, Alex played his balls off. I mean played the game of his life.

I hope we resign him because this team could really make a run with a new d-coordinator next year.

Deberg_1990
01-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Luck didn't have the luxury of his d giving him 4 turnovers.

Smith didn't have the luxury of playing against the Chiefs defense.

Actually, he kinda did. Indys D stinks too. They won't go very far.

Namor40
01-05-2014, 10:15 AM
WHO IS THAT GIRL?????

Second, Alex played his balls off. I mean played the game of his life.

I hope we resign him because this team could really make a run with a new d-coordinator next year.

Wade Phillips is suddenly unemployed again. Terrible head coach, very good defensive coordinator.

TheGuardian
01-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Wade Phillips is suddenly unemployed again. Terrible head coach, very good defensive coordinator.

That would be a GREAT hire. GREAT.

southbeachtraitor
01-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Yeah cause smiff was the reason the colts scored 45 points.one fumble at mid field and 1 overthrown pass doesnt result in 45 points

notorious
01-05-2014, 10:17 AM

Mother Fucking This.

BigCatDaddy
01-05-2014, 11:02 AM

They should hire his ass today. This part of the whole GM/Head coach on the same level model that bothers me. We all know Andy is calling the shots and will want to bring back the guy that he begged to come here and is buddies with. It's like Vermeil/Robinson all over again. There is where it would be nice to have an owner/GM step in and say we have too much damn talent to have any team walk up and down the field like that. Sutton your out.

Regarding the Alex Smith thing. Yes he played well enough to win and made some nice plays, but it would be nice if somehow he could have stopped the bleeding. I mean the Colts went on a 35-6 run to end the game. Everyone shares some blame when that happens.

TheGuardian
01-05-2014, 11:04 AM

You're a stupid fuck. But I've known that for a while.

BlackHelicopters
01-05-2014, 11:07 AM
What sports god did we piss off?

Marcellus
01-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Hemi Ed, proof you cant teach an old dog new tricks.

Bowser
01-05-2014, 11:09 AM

No need to apologize at all. It's what we as Chiefs fans have become accustomed to - watching our QB's fail at the biggest moments. Alex played the game of his career yesterday, especially considering Charles and Avery missing.

Yesterday was a brand new way to lose a playoff game for us, and it was natural for long suffering Chiefs fans to go after the QB. Hell, I did it for a minute when he missed Gray streaking down the sideline - "If fucking Alex can just complete that pass...." Then I remembered that he should never have been in that position in the first place.

No QB is perfect; Luck threw three picks yesterday. It is a team sport, and Alex's teammates let him down.

DJJasonp
01-05-2014, 11:12 AM
People...go back and watch the tape. Gray slows down when he turns his head to look back.

If he keeps his pace he had (before the turning back), the pass is right on the money.

I'm no lover or hater of Smith - but his performance in this game was Rodgers or Brees-like.

I hope to hell that we see future playoff performances from a chiefs QB like yesterdays.

Bowser
01-05-2014, 11:13 AM
People...go back and watch the tape. Gray slows down when he turns his head to look back.

If he keeps his pace he had (before the turning back), the pass is right on the money.

I'm no lover or hater of Smith - but his performance in this game was Rodgers or Brees-like.

I hope to hell that we see future playoff performances from a chiefs QB like yesterdays.

Yep. I wouldn't be mad if they extended him based on that game alone.

Marcellus
01-05-2014, 11:13 AM
I think we can finally say QB isn't the issue with this team so lets get to fixing the other holes.

fan4ever
01-05-2014, 11:16 AM

Did you also predict you'd be posting one of the dumbest threads Chiefs Planet has ever had to witness? STFU

Red Dawg
01-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Alex was a stud today. No doubt.

Ivan Ch
01-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Regarding the Alex Smith thing. Yes he played well enough to win and made some nice plays, but it would be nice if somehow he could have stopped the bleeding. I mean the Colts went on a 35-6 run to end the game. Everyone shares some blame when that happens.

This.

Everyone is to blame.... and prise.

Defense was playing its part in the first half forcing turnovers and offense was playing its part capitalizing on those opportunities.

I was watching the game with the friend who got me all into KC Chiefs two years ago (Dude just wouldn't stop talking about Derrick Thomas) and as soon as 2nd quarter finished we started to wonder if they would play a decent. They didn't.

Nor defense nor ofense nor damn coaching stepped up during 3rd quarter.

Now. I agree offense should have done better since they weren't able to answer Colts rally. If you know your defense is being a liability you got to answer TDs with TDs. Point is: wasn't this team strength its defense?

Yesterday game was quite something. From utter happiness to total sadness. Quite the team.

PS: I know he is not to blame but I hate McCluster. What a fucking lack of brains (or balls) going out of bounds instead of fighting out every single yard. I mean, the QB was taking hits when carrying the ball in order to gain inches and he just couldnt. Fucking moron.

Greetings from Mexico.

okcchief
01-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Except for the first Colts game Alex Smith played well in all of the other big games. There were other parts of the team that let us down. Yesterday and the Denver game at Arrowhead were mostly on the defense. Had he made the throw to Gray everyone including you would be sucking his dick today. Luck didn't play a perfect game either.

Saccopoo
01-05-2014, 01:59 PM

Still posting drunk I see.

Saccopoo
01-05-2014, 02:01 PM
This.

Everyone is to blame.... and prise.

Defense was playing its part in the first half forcing turnovers and offense was playing its part capitalizing on those opportunities.

I was watching the game with the friend who got me all into KC Chiefs two years ago (Dude just wouldn't stop talking about Derrick Thomas) and as soon as 2nd quarter finished we started to wonder if they would play a decent. They didn't.

Nor defense nor ofense nor damn coaching stepped up during 3rd quarter.

Now. I agree offense should have done better since they weren't able to answer Colts rally. If you know your defense is being a liability you got to answer TDs with TDs. Point is: wasn't this team strength its defense?

Yesterday game was quite something. From utter happiness to total sadness. Quite the team.

PS: I know he is not to blame but I hate McCluster. What a ****ing lack of brains (or balls) going out of bounds instead of fighting out every single yard. I mean, the QB was taking hits when carrying the ball in order to gain inches and he just couldnt. ****ing moron.

Greetings from Mexico.

Hola.

bevischief
01-05-2014, 02:03 PM
What sports god did we piss off?

The NFL.

Saccopoo
01-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Except for the first Colts game Alex Smith played well in all of the other big games. There were other parts of the team that let us down. Yesterday and the Denver game at Arrowhead were mostly on the defense. Had he made the throw to Gray everyone including you would be sucking his dick today. Luck didn't play a perfect game either.

As one dude said, he made the throw to Gray.

Gray hitched it on the route when he turned to look at the ball.

Smith threw what should have been a perfect pass for a TD.

That's what you get when your two top RB's go out with injury and you are throwing to a guy that's never seen first team reps all year.

It was a perfect pass.

Easy 6
01-05-2014, 02:08 PM

THIS.

ROYC75
01-05-2014, 02:15 PM

That's what you get when your two top RB's go out with injury and you are throwing to a guy that's never seen first team reps all year.

It was a perfect pass.

Yep .

Alex Smith never practiced deep route with Cyrus Gray
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 5, 2014, 8:39 AM EST
alexsmith AP

Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith had one of the finest playoff performances you’ll ever see from a quarterback on Saturday. Smith, who threw for 378 yards and four touchdowns, with no interceptions and added 57 yards rushing, did exactly what every NFL team hopes its quarterback will do, turning in a brilliant game on a big stage.

But the Chiefs lost, 45-44, which meant that afterward, everyone wanted to talk about one throw that went wrong.

Smith overthrew an open running back Cyrus Gray on a deep ball that would have been a touchdown on the first play of the fourth quarter, one of the key plays that the Chiefs wish they could have back. After the game, Smith said that play was one he and starting running back Jamaal Charles had perfected in practice. Unfortunately, Charles was out of the game with a concussion, and Smith said that when Gray came in to run the play, he was running that route with Smith for the very first time.

“The tough part is all week with so many reps and obviously with Jamaal getting all of those, it’s just something we have never repped with Cyrus, but still got to hit it though. You don’t get many opportunities like that,” Smith said.

Looking at the play, and considering that Charles is faster than Gray, Smith probably threw it exactly where it needed to be if Charles had been the one running the route: Smith’s pass traveled about 30 yards downfield, and Gray was a step or two behind where the ball landed. Charles is probably a step or two faster than Gray on a 30-yard route. If Charles doesn’t get hurt, that play is probably a Chiefs touchdown. Instead, the drive turned into a Chiefs punt.

It would be an overstatement to pin a wild back-and-forth battle like Saturday’s Chiefs-Colts game on one play. But that one play may have been the difference between Smith leading his team to a fantastic playoff win, and Smith spending the rest of the playoffs wondering, What if.

KChiefs1
01-05-2014, 02:19 PM

So you are blaming the guy who put 44pts on the board without Jamaal on the field for the loss? Yeah ok. :rolleyes:

KChiefs1
01-05-2014, 02:23 PM

It was a perfect pass.

His passes were crisp, sharp & accurate yesterday.

okcchief
01-05-2014, 02:27 PM

It was a perfect pass.

That may be true. I never watched the replay because my head was in my hands, and I can promise you I won't be watching it now. I'll take your word.

I watched the Thunder game last night then watched NBA TV afterwards thinking they won't talk about it. Then the Pacers coach Vogel mentioned it in his presser and suddenly I hate him.

KCBOSS1
01-05-2014, 02:34 PM

Why would you hate being right about this? Yeah, it sucks losing in the first round of the playoffs. But everyone else, myself included was anticipating 8-8 this year.... improving over the next few. We've come a long way from 2-14.